HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Renkun

Re: HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

Post by Renkun »

I remember that's Joey and Blance have a date for halloween she has himself for this extra one dog suit made or am I wrong there :?:
I'm a happy playfull kitty in a party of my soul but form time to time a evil wolf
that's my soul and i love it and I would want to change it never
valerio

Post by valerio »

Lucky Charm Grove for the Abandoned and the Ferals

“This is not exactly the kind of cooperation we were seeking from you, Mr. Foster,” special agent George Abercrombie said. “Your attitude could easily cause—“
“Spare me,” Martin said. He sipped from a glass of ice tea.
The man and the woman sitting on their seats in Zero Room looked at each other in disbelief. Then it was Mildred who said, “Perhaps you don’t understand the problem—“
Martin sighed theatrically. “You’re right, Special Agent Abercrombie: I do not understand. And you know why? Because I do not know a darned thing about what’s happening. You barge in, want two dogs under my custody and under police jurisdiction, and you want to take them on the usual shady ‘federal matter’ charm.
“Now, since those dogs are responsible for the disappearance of several pets while working, apparently, with PETA - the same organization that caused many pains to this community, me and my family included - then I am not letting them go without a reasonable explanation. Period.”
Bill, the newly appointed Director of the LCG, was just standing in a corner, looking with fascination at that scene.
To the casual observer, Martin was just being cool. Bill had learnt that that was someone of Security called ‘Priming Little Boy’: one wrong word from those guys, and they would earn a very early retirement…
Again George & Mildred exchanged that uneasy look.
(I’ll get one with the umbrella, Mildred! You finish the other with the lasagna casserole!)
Bill got cramps, trying to suppress the laughter building in his belly. Do not think of the giggle loop, do not think of the giggle loop..!
And in his mind, the glasses kept building up…
But he was saved from bursting out with laughter, when Mildred said, “There are no cameras and no mikes, here?”
Martin nodded.
George sighed. “The pets that disappeared… They are all witnesses.”
“I’m sorry?” both Martin and Bill said.
“Their owners are involved in a Russian cartel which recourses to pets to deliver drugs, find strays for the Pet Fight Clubs and…other unpleasant things I am sure you don’t want to hear.”
“Usually,” Mildred said, “pets are not considered valid witnesses in a trial, but since these ones were living with those criminals and actually committed several misdeeds themselves, they are more precious than any camera or mike.”
“The criminal cartel is very well organized,” George said. “Each family operates like the cell of a terroristic organization, no one knows what the other does. But putting together the fragments, we can get to the whole picture and make a round-up that could cut their legs.”
“And here is where the pets enter the picture. Some of them, eventually, got sick of their lives and of the consequences of their actions, and so they contacted us via the local K-9 Units. They know everything, Mr. Foster. Their owners come from a culture that envisages animals as no more than dumb servants. Those people are actually convinced that loyalty and obedience are unbeatable genetic tracts.”
“We managed to convince the top brasses and the DAs to accept the animals as witnesses in every respect, but first we had to put them to safety, in a special protection program.”
Martin and Bill were understanding the implications. The LCG’s owner nodded, “But you could not take them all away in a single round. That would of course tip off their owners and send the operation belly-up.”
Mildred took a sip of water. So far, it was going better than they had thought, this Foster guy was being smart but reasonable… “Zeke and Quincy are FBI since the day they were sent back to Academy to re-training. They were so shocked by that last mission with the Police, that they gladly accepted to join our operation to prevent similar horrors to happen ever again.”
George nodded. “Under per instructions, they joined PETA. They helped them seizing several pets, including our witnesses. The Russians were upset, but they never suspected the truth.”
Martin tapped his finger on the table top. “And…how may witnesses we are talking about?”
The two feds thought about that for a moment, but eventually they decided that now that the can was open… “Thirty,” said George. “No names, sorry.”
Martin nodded. Bill saw his face and voice getting drained of all emotions. Someone called it ‘Going Spock. And when Martin Went Spock, it was the last sign before the storm. “I see. So, to recap, to get your hands over this bunch of criminals, you had to allow PETA to have it their way, you allowed Budweiser’ career to be destroyed, you allowed a fanatic to threaten me, my family, and the whole community. Am I being right so far?”
George nodded. “You are no child, Mr. Foster, and neither are you, Director Lindberg: if this operation is successful, we’ll deal a deadly blow to the Russian interests in pet mafia in this country. As we already said, they are powerful enemies to make: they allowed you to spoil their peripheral business with the old shelter, since they could make up in another way.
“You’re a rich man, Foster, but these people are way out of your league: they spend your money to get a weekend’s worth of luxuries. They could buy your shelter after rubbing your face in the dust, but they also admire you.”
“Did their pets tell you?” asked Bill. Martin was a study in robotics.
Mildred turned to the ex-cop. “No. The owners of the pet we are protecting: the only human witnesses we worked so hard to find between here and River Ridge.”
Bill had made a point of knowing every pet in Babylon Gardens –that too was what made him a good cop. “Ivan’s parents,” he whispered. Of course, it had to be them. Ivan, the cat who switched to a new language and personality whenever he’d change owner. The poor fella had been American, British, German…and now Russian.
George drank his water. “They are supposed to keep an eye over things in Babylon Gardens, using Ivan as their ears and eyes. A simple operation the cartel has run with success: a cell to do the dirty business, a cell to keep the other under watch. But they hadn’t counted on their members to become actually fond of animals.”
“And so they came to you for help,” Bill said, leaning on the table. “But why keep them here instead of moving them?”
Mildred tossed her empty cup in the basket. Strike! “Again, not to raise suspects. We are almost done: within the end of the year, even before than that, we’ll have enough to do a round-up the likes of one you’ve never seen”
“Copper’s actions,” said George with a smug, “almost cost us the operation. We were forced to dismantle PETA, and still are working to do so, thus losing our cover. Now we have to do with what we have gotten so far. In fact, Mr. Foster, we have to thank you for spoiling Copper’s plans and containing the damage.”
The feds stood up. “Now,” George said. “Can we have our dogs back? Since we’re at it, we’ll take care of Ivan and his family and relocate them to collect the final bunch of data.”
Martin stood up. He walked to the special agents. “I’ll put one of my cabs at your disposal. The glasses can be polarized to hide Zeke and Quincy from prying eyes.” He offered his hand to the other man. “I hope I can hear good news soon, George. Mildred.” He smiled. The expression didn’t reach his eyes.
George shook hands. He was right, in the end: the files on this guy said he was very keen on collaborating with authorities, he had repeatedly proved so, despite being also very good at slithering between the grey areas—
When Martin’s punch hit him in the plexus with such force as to lift him up, the special agent didn’t even feel the pain. That came, together with an almost deadly lack of breath, when he fell back. He barely had the strength to grunt. He was sure he was going to die, the sensations were pure physical torment highly concentrated! He desperately needed to puke, but he felt as if his guts had been twisted in a steel-hard knot. His lungs felt like they had collapsed.
A very pale Mildred bent down to help her colleague.
Martin’s expression was one of cold fury. “I won’t insult your intelligence by saying this is nothing personal: it is, a lot. But I am also a pragmatic individual, I understand what you had to do, and for your sake I hope we’ll all see your operation coming to fruition.” He bent down over George. His voice was almost a whisper. “Next time you’ll do me the favor of asking for my cooperation. When animals matters are involved, I am ready to go first line, so don’t make the assumption of me being a spineless rich guy.”
George wanted to tell him they knew that already: they knew he had sacrificed an arm and his life to defend his loved ones and the community from a monster of a feral, they knew he had played chicken with a maniac ready to blow him up to the moon. They knew everything about him… But their orders were to keep the thing hush-hush as much as possible!
George wanted to tell him all of this, but he could barely keep himself conscious.
Martin walked to the door. “Now I gotta go back to my family. Excuse me, gentlemen. Bill, take care of their needs.”
---
“Hm, so you were a cat-lover even before joining the Academy, eh?” Bud was impressed. “Congratulations, grunt: unlike my son, you never smelled like one. You were good at covering your hide.”
Fido stopped dead in his tracks. “Unlike your… Peanut? Peanut Butter is your biological son?!”
The two dogs were walking aimlessly along the street, just enjoying each other’s company and tales from the days at the Academy.
Bud chuckled. “How come nobody can associate my looks to my boy’s?”
“Perhaps because nobody can associate your attitude to Peanut’s. You are Bud the Fifth Rider of the Apocalypse. You trained dogs to intensive care. You always made sure they suffered, physically and psychologically. Any human doing what you did at the Academy would be arrested on the ground of animal abuse.”
Bud sighed in a dreamy way. “Ah, the good old days. I will miss them.”
“That explains why you came to live here. You want to take care of his litter.” Even if Fido knew the truth, he didn’t think he’d risk exposing it by talking this way. Every pet in Babylon Gardens considered this litter as Peanut’s and Grape’s, not Grape’s and Alcor’s, who was ‘officially’ the donor.
Bud wanted to tell Fido the truth, that he had to be expelled for failing at retraining Zeke and Quincy…but after all, he did want to join his family in this important moment of Peanut’s life, so…it wasn’t true that he was desperate and left with nothing. He had just happened to find himself at the right moment to leave earlier… “And what are your plans with her? Thinking of getting a donor yourselves?”
Fido bit his lower lip. “Sabrina has been operated. And for now we are not planning to adopt. I am too busy with the Police.”
Bud patted his back. “That, I understand. And I'm really sorry to hear about her...loss. Just don’t let it control your life. Like my Peanut, you have something very special here, keep it dear.”
Fido felt something stirring in his heart. Bud had never showed such empathy with his cadets. he forged fine dogs, not Bambi cases. "Thank you, Bud. I will, but I worked too hard to let everything go, even if for a wonderful creature such as her."
Bud shook his head. "I just want you to set your priorities straight when the moment comes. Take it from an expert... Say, why don't we join your girlfriend instead? I'm still not used to be back to civilian life."
Fido chuckled. "Then you and Tarot should do well, together. She too had...social problems. We can find them at the Mall. Up for a run, Sarge?"
Bud grinned. "Son, when I'm not up for a run, it's because I moved to the local cemetery!" And on that, he took off!
Last edited by valerio on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Renkun wrote:I remember that's Joey and Blance have a date for halloween she has himself for this extra one dog suit made or am I wrong there :?:
you are right. Joey got a cat suit, Blanche a dog suit
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

I was ok we have a little less so surely no longer read from the two lovebirds at the same time good update
I'm a happy playfull kitty in a party of my soul but form time to time a evil wolf
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Very good chapter.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Indeed. very interesting.
I'm curious as to how far ahead you plan do you plan an entire season or do you start a season without knowing where it'll end?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

I try to set up the basis for beginning and end. Between them, everything can happen in term of subplots and so yeah, I tend to go inventive :mrgreen:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Then I'm glad we have similar writing processes. I have general events planned, how I get to them and how they happen are a mystery to me until I write them.

but I have no hope to ever write a fic as awesome as yours. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Then I'm glad we have similar writing processes. I have general events planned, how I get to them and how they happen are a mystery to me until I write them.

but I have no hope to ever write a fic as awesome as yours. ^_^
A lot of time and practice. You are already doing well so far
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Brent, your fine. very good so far.

Valerio, as always, a good update. Always enjoy reading them.

That last little part gave me an idea of something, but I have no idea if it has even entered your head....

Bud and Tarot pairing!!! She thought Peanut was her one when it was Bud, an older version of the one she was so attached!!!! It must happen, it must be true! :lol:

Sorry, had to guess it....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

copper wrote:Bud and Tarot pairing!!! She thought Peanut was her one when it was Bud, an older version of the one she was so attached!!!! It must happen, it must be true! :lol:
but won't it be awkward that Peanut once pretended to date his new mommy? :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

It is SO weird, that it could actually work!:mrgreen:
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

Gives so much would open this but I think Bud were a bit too oldly for tarot :?
I still would be the opinion tarot and Rex it couple of happens anyway too rare in my opinion it is there were one interesting an interesting character is not he like peanut but it also has its good sides

completely other thing who was or is actually peanuts physical mother?( I do not mean Jane Sandwich)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Erskine House

If you want to talk with the greatest conspiracy buff pet in Babylon Gardens, knock at Zapruder’s door.
Just like his parents, the young Weimaraner got a knack for seeing secret plots everywhere, no matter if they came from the a Government or from the shady world of private business or if they were spawned in the pits of the stock exchange market –Zap collected everything, Internet was his playground. Every Christmas he got the best, fastest and HD-fattest laptop his parents could get. He also had collected 10 external 1TB hard disks’ worth of information, gained not exactly by respecting privacy. That was why his proud humans gave him only the best, Zap could navigate better than they did.
Weimaraner was a very energetic breed, and Zap made no exception, but add a very powerful basal metabolism and you got a dog capable to stay awake up to 4 nights a week without a minute of sleep and eat enough to kill a regular dog.

“I take it this guy is what we need,” King said, while he, Fox and Lucky waited at the door.
Fox nodded. “Only Zap can tell us who started slandering you using the Club’s blog. Trust me.”
“Oh, I trust you. But are we sure this guy is not in league with this ‘DaDawg’?” That was the nickname of the blogger, who posted an entry with enough false information depicting King as a PETA’s former agent, to ruin his reputation to Kingdom Come. Especially after the latest (and last) attempt of a PETA fanatic to kill Martin and half the neighborhood…
Fox shook his head. “Believe me: Zap is honesty incarnate, not a conspirator. Plotting is against his nature. He’s also got an older brother at the Academy.”
King didn’t seem satisfied by that last precisation. “Even Fido got a brother at the Academy, you know.”
Fox sighed, but decided not to counter-reply: when King was like that, it was like walking blindfolded in a mine field. He surely hoped Zap would open the door soon…
From behind the door came the sound of a series of locks being unlocked. Then the door opened. The grey-furred head of a grey-blue eyed canine appeared in the crack. “Well well well, the whole pack! If that is not a surprise.” Zap opened the door completely. “Please, come in.”
“You were expecting us?” Fox asked. King and Lucky looked around, surprised to see it was a perfectly normal house, expecting instead a nuke shelter like the one Mr. Greyfield owned…
Zap closed the door, then worked on the locks, before answering, “You and King for sure. I *do* read that blog, too, you know.” The Weimaraner rubbed his paws. “You want to know who’s smearing tar and feathers over your li’l buddy. Well, I wanted to know it too.”
“And why should you?” King asked. “It’s not that we ever met.”
Zapruder motioned them to follow him up the stairs. “Because I like my gossip with a flavor of truth, and I’ve never seen such an amount of fiction in one post. Scandalous!”
When the group entered Zap’s room, King and Lucky felt as if the world had come back to its senses: where the walls were not occupied by filing cabinets and shelves filled to capacity with texts about conspiracies, there were press clipping covering a wide arrange of newspaper from all over the world. The smell of soda was strong in the air.
King ran his finger along a clipping from a…Korean newspaper? “You can understand this stuff?”
Zap nodded. “Joongang Ilbo is a nice source. One must know languages if one wants to stay up to date.” Zap was clicking madly at the keyboard. “This ‘DaDawg’ is a beginner, BTW. Almost unworthy of my attention.”
“And he’d be a beginner why..?” Lucky asked.
Zap shrugged. “Because he adopted the most elementary tactic: bouncing between servers. It’s good to avoid being tracked down in real time during a tap, but given enough time anyone can find the source of the message. And since, according to the references in that post, it very likely came from the Gardens, I also have a filter to pinpoint... Hah! Gotcha, buddy.” He moved away from the screen, letting the three dogs read the address.
Fox’s eyes went pinpoint. “I can’t believe it.”
“Can’t say I’m surprised,” King said.
“Who’s that guy?” Lucky asked.
---
Gardens Grand Mall

“Do I have to?”
“Having second thoughts already?” Sabrina asked her friend.
Tarot’s expression was, as usual, unreadable, while she browsed through the tags on display. “I am fond of this tag, after all,” she said, touching the Eye of Ra-shaped trinket hanging on her chest.
The black cat wasn’t moved. “We had an agreement, remember?”
“*sigh* yes, but that tag doesn’t come from Spirit Dragon. Her tattoo reproduced it to symbolize the link between us.”
Sabrina tapped her foot on the pavement. “A link that is broken now.”
Tarot picked a tag. “Fine, but it’s still my choice.” She showed it to Sabrina.
The cat checked it. The golden medal depicted a finely-carved winged scarab, symbol of rebirth and renewal. Sabrina gave it back to her friend. “I really hoped you went for a more…mundane symbol, but at least it means you really want to give life a try. Come on, let’s check out. We need to go to the bookstore, next. Have you made a list, as I suggested?”
Tarot nodded, then counted the authors on her finger tips, “Tara K. Harper, Christopher Paolini, Ms. Auburn, Isaac Asimov, Stephen King… I think I will get that e-book reader they have on promotion. I have plenty of time and not enough room.”
The pets reached the counter, still making sure to show they were holding their own leashes as per law. Sabrina wasn’t impressed by the list: Tarot was as fast a reader as Peanut, though she had used that ability to learn about arcana, under the guidance of her friends… Until Spirit Dragon had come and taken over.
Sabrina had apologized a lot to her friend, for not being as present as Tarot needed to be, but then Tarot had said that it belonged in the past now, her new life couldn’t be stained with grudges.
Though Sabrina had heard her sigh over Peanut’s name more than once, at night…
Tarot paid for the tag. The two pets left the shop. “I will properly melt this one at home before wearing the new one.”
Sabrina nodded –fire to cleanse the last residual influence of the spirits over Tarot’s life, and to avoid that someone ended up with a magic-soaked trinket in his paws, or hands.
“Hey, girls!” someone said behind them. They turned.
“Hey, Fido!” Sabrina said, then turned perplexed.
“Peanut..?” Tarot said.
“Sabrina, Tarot,” Fido said, placing a paw over the other hound’s shoulder. “Meet Budweiser, or Bud. Peanut’s father.”
“Hi.” Bud waved at the females. Then he turned to Fido. “Err, why are they looking at us like that?”
The two females were eyeing both males with a very mischievous look. Then they nodded at each other. “Just perfect,” they said.
---
Fox knocked at the door. “Now, King, I want you to behave, all right? I understand you’re upset. I am upset too, but it’s not a reason to charge on like a bull, okay? I am sure he’s got a valid explanation for what he did. If he did it: after all someone else could have used his PC.”
King shook his head. “You’re still the club’s president, so it’s your call. But I still miss the days when you’d break up one or two body parts of such felons in the name of our friendship.”
“Bino deserved it, then, while—“ the door opened.
“Yes?” said Rex. At the same moment, a punch sent him tumbling down on his back!
“Lucky!” Fox barked. “What did I just tell?!”
“Ow, my nose…” Rex was whimpering from the pavement.
Ignoring Fox, the malamute said, “I can do better than that, if you don’t tell us why you posted all those lies about my bro King, mister!”
King wanted to hug him.
---
“I thought we were going to have a nice chat in front of a chocolate cup, not going Dagwood,” Fido said, while carrying an enormous load of shopping bags. Poor Bud too looked as loaded as a Sherpa. It was amazing, the amount of stuff a girl could decide to buy in such a short time! Now he was starting to understand why his cadets hated him…
Sabrina tickled her boyfriend’s throat with a finger. “Once we’re home, I’ll make it worth, love. *purr*”
“What else do you need to get?” He whimpered happily.
Bud chuckled. “Heh, and here I thought my son was like clay in Grape’s paws. I can understand you, Fido: she looks really cute. For a cat.”
Sabrina was preparing to answer with a witty joke, when she felt someone tug at her paw. Someone small, perhaps a pup…
And there she was: a mixed breed, not older than six months, white fluffy fur and a golden spot on her back. She was looking at Sabrina with the greatest fondness a pup could give to someone she trusted.
And her body projected no shadow by the artificial lights.
Bud noticed the cat looking down. “You lost something, lady?”
Of course he couldn’t see her. Sabrina shook her head. “Uh, no. I was just…thinking, that’s all.”
And what was worse, Tarot was smiling encouragingly at her friend!
---
“Okay, I’m sorry for being an idiot. I will publish my apologies.” Rex looked really down. “Guys, I just wanted to win back my place in Bino’s circle! I thought that was the only way to show him my loyalty!”
King facepawlmed. “By feeding me to the whole zoo?! I mean, why not kick a puppy since you’re at it? Or cover the lampposts with ‘I hate catlovers’ sign?”
The bulldog’s face darkened. “Because I need to prove him that I didn’t fool him about my name! I must show him that I don’t like you bad enough, so he’ll trust me once again!”
King looked like he was ready to try and get a piece of Rex. Rex looked strong enough to make mincemeat out of King. Fox decided this was going too far. He motioned to Lucky and the Malamute wedged himself between the two dogs.
Fox then said, “Rex, surely there are better ways to be friend with Bino again. King never hurt anyone, and all Bino did was make his life miserable, but that’s him. You are not like that, why should you join that bandwagon?”
“Because I wanted to, okay? I said it already, I’m sorry, okay? I won’t do it again.”
A creeping suspect was taking shape in Fox’s and King’s mind. The husky narrowed his eyes as he asked, “He asked you to, did he?”
Rex blushed, his eyes went pinpoint. “No! It was my idea! Swear to dog!”
Fox was almost growling now. He put his finger on the other dog’s chest. “You see, Rex, that’s the way he does this sort of things: use and discard, just like when he tried to use us to do his dirty job to get the ferrets’ prize.”
Rex, still blushing, crossed his arms and turned his head, scoffing. “Think what you want, I won’t tell!” Then he understood his mistake. “Darn!”
Fox sighed. “And to think I really thought I was his friend…” Fox stood up. “Don’t worry, Rex, as President pro tempore I won’t issue any disciplinary action against you. Bino will be back soon, and I’ll tell him what I think myself. You just publish those apologies now or Lucky will have a word and a bite with you. Goodbye, Rex.”
---
When you are a female and you want to make sure to have your privacy without prying eyes, just say the magic word: restroom. Your chaperons will stay where they are, obediently, until you’re done dealing with your business.
Which can include dealing with a ghostly matter.
“I did not summon her,” Tarot said.
Sabrina was looking at the puppy trying to paw at the water in the toilet, of course without effect. The ghost growled at the uncooperative liquid, but her wrath came out in a half-yelp.
“I surely did not—“ Sabrina was saying, but at those words, the pup jumped down the toilet and ran to the cat. She hugged her leg, then used the alphabet-toy made of wooden cubes she carried at her waist to ‘write’, MOMMY NOT HAPPY?
Sabrina didn’t know what to say. She only knew that all of a sudden she had been hurled into the Twilight Zone!
Tarot said, “You always wanted to have a second chance.”
Sabrina knew what her friend was talking about, of course. The cat rubbed a paw over her belly, over the scar hidden by her fur… “But—“
“Tomi felt your pain. She wants to help. And she needs love to find the force to pass on.”
Sabrina sighed, “How can I be parent to a ghost? The implications…”
Tarot took her paw in his. “One day you will adopt, my dearest friend. One day, you will know the joy of raising your own family. Think of this as a test: Tomi has all the needs of any pup. You’ll learn something with her.”
Sabrina had at least a dozen of more valid arguments to avoid taking care of a spirit. She had made a rule not to get involved at such a level with the Otherworld.
But then she looked again at that innocent soul. Tomi had died for a post-operatory infection after her vocal chords were removed. She was a happy, lively pup, but she had had the misfortune to spend her short life at that horrid old shelter.
Sabrina had seen others trapped by the spirits’ needs: when you helped one, the others started stirring, started calling out. In her innocence, Tarot had started doing what he could and it had almost killed her mind and soul.
Sabrina could just say ‘no’, to Tomi. Just tell her to leave, and the pup would’ve been just another lost soul…
An innocent puppy looking for mommy, forever…
“Perhaps there is a solution,” Sabrina said, hoping she wouldn’t regret these words…

SEASON II
Episode 17
FIN
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

paint a terrific update Valerio again tarot as a little girl is really sweet
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I don't know. There's the age gap between Tarot and Bud plus the latter has or had a mate.

Speaking of that, Peanut's biological mother is Charlotte. Not sure what breed she is though.

I know Tarot's human mother had passed away but it seems strange that Sabrina's human father is absent even if he's not plot-relevant.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

thanks you for yours answer this must somehow have escaped me :)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good update! Bud is nothing but a pack mule now it seems. XD

Well, Bino is still up to his old tricks, it seems. Hope things don't get worse! :roll:
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The ficcie will take a break until the arc is over.
Roger and over.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I look forward to your next episode, whenever it comes along. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Any Respect I had for Bino just died now. Which wasn't much anyway.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

angelusbr wrote:Any Respect I had for Bino just died now. Which wasn't much anyway.
Yeah Bino is a bit like that. Well at least I think he has some new found respect towards Peanut since they went quite a lot together in the academy. Though I'd give all my money to see someone or something to rub the fact of Peanut being better than Bino in the academy to his face :lol:
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

could introduce to me actually well this likes to play Rex Santa Claus of the physique for the small ones at Christmas at all events it would fit
he also has his good sides although he unfortunately too seldom shows these

but, he would be strongest and strangest Santa Claus of all times :lol:
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I pretty much assumed you would complete the the second season by the end of this year because it's also the end of the year in universe. ;)
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

I am looking foreward to a magnificent finale to all of the build up that's been going on lately. it's gonna be awesome
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
valerio

Post by valerio »

kavviyenta wrote:I pretty much assumed you would complete the the second season by the end of this year because it's also the end of the year in universe. ;)
Also, I want to introduce The Awesome Pack and want my reference as good as possible :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, have fun with your much needed break and enjoy the current Arc! It is shaping up to be a humdinger! :lol:

Can't wait to see where you go for it.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES
Season II
Episode 18 – Pack of News
By VALERIO

Florence House

“And are you sure this was a good idea?” Fido asked, eating a slice of cheese. The clattering from the kitchen seemed to confirm his doubts.
“No”, said Sabrina, eating from her own slice, sweetened with honey. “That was buying plastic Tupperware.”
A moment later, a puppy came from the kitchen. The white-furred creature wrote with her toy SORRY BIG SIS.
Sabrina smiled at her. “Don’t worry. Now go upset mommy,” she winked.
Silently, the little creature nodded and scuttled away. Fido shivered. “The first time I saw an actual ghost, I almost got a heart attack. And you got two at home…”
Sabrina shrugged. “One is the domestic resident, can’t help it. But bringing here Tomi gave her a purpose, and it gave Tomi a family. They will soon find the peace they seek to move on. And they will not keep asking for help to me or Tarot.”
“Speaking of her, why doesn’t she move to your place? After all, your Dad spends so much time away…” He regretted those words the moment they were out of his mouth. His ears drooped. “…Sorry.”
Sabrina caressed his arm. “Don’t. Not your fault if Dad’s an anthropologist with an agenda that would make Indiana Jones envious. And then, I guess I should consider myself lucky if he can do his part to get animals' culture known to the world at large.” And when he was home, he and Sabrina really monopolized each other. That one time she had been kidnapped by a pack of coyotes, her Dad had went through such an overprotective phase, that she had been barely allowed to see Fido. Luckily, he was one of those humans who knew about their relationships and not only found it cute but also protected their little secret.
Sabrina ate the last of her slice. “Anyway, Dad can’t adopt her, not now that he isn’t sure he can keep up the current lifestyle. And…” this time it was her who hesitated.
“You don’t want to share him with someone else, don’t you?”
Sabrina bit her lip. “Don’t get me wrong, sweetie, but I really miss him so much when he’s away…” She felt his arms wrapping her.
“Shh, love. Please, don’t feel bad; even if sometimes the others think us to be perfect, we are not. Nobody is. For example, would you hate me if I told you that a part of me, deep insides, hates Peanut?”
The black cat’s eyes snapped open wide, her ears flicking. “I’m sorry?”
Fido nodded. “He made it, love. He fought for his relationship, showed it proudly before everyone’s eyes. He’s got a spiritual blessing and now he’s gonna be father… I feel as if I could have been as much lucky if only I worked harder for us both instead of hiding everything for my career’s sake…” While speaking, he had gritted his teeth.
Sabrina massaged his steel-hard neck. Part of her wanted to soothe him with sweet words, yet knowing he wouldn’t like being treated like some spoiled puppy. “Fido Byron, don’t you dare think such things!”
He snapped out of it. He exhaled a long breath. “Sorry.”
“We both made choices, you and I. I left Maxwell because he wouldn’t care about no one but himself. I fell in love with you because you’re a noble soul, and I wouldn’t have you any other way.” She nuzzled his throat.
“Sabrina…”
“One step at a time. I didn’t want to raise false hopes, but you deserve to know: once Dad secures his position in his brokering firm, he will allow me to choose a kitten. Says he wants me to be less lonely at home.”
Fido’s eyes went pinpoint. His heart skipped a beat or two.
“Fido..?”
---
“WHOOOOOOO!!!”
Fox was hanging a festoon when he and everyone else paused to listen to the long howl of joy coming from Florence house. “Looks like someone is really happy, today,” the husky said, before hammering on the nails. The Good Ol’ Dogs Club had been cleaned out and then refurnished to host its best party ever.
“Wish I could share that joy,” King said, while carrying a tray filled with slices of a chocolate salami. “And wish he’d be here to give a hand instead of playing Romeo. This party is supposed to be for his brother, after all.”
“Something wrong wid dat?” asked an enormous canine with deep brown fur and a marked Russian accent.
King grinned with flattened ears. “Not at all, tovarisch Boris. In fact, I’ll be delighted to meet your boss. Me and my friends here.”
It was at that moment that Boris found himself surrounded by two snarling beasts –Lucky and Bailey. He grumbled something, but backed off.
“I’m starting to like this bodyguard thing,” the corgi said. “Hey, who wanted the chocolate salami, here? Or are you waiting for it to melt?”
Some dog took the sweets and put them in the fridge. King said, “Bailey, are you sure they’ll like this stuff?”
“I made it myself, what do you think?” the female husky answered, winking at him. King almost purred like a cat.
Fox chuckled. “Had I known she’d have this effect on you, loverboy, I would’ve brought you in Kansas last year.”
“Hmm?”
Fox rolled his eyes. “Say, cousin, weren’t you supposed to be at that new farm, you and the others?”
Bailey nodded, while polishing the table for the snacks. “Hm? Yes, or better, they’re waiting for the the temp work force. We must be there in a couple of hours for the orienteering.”
“’Temp’..?” Fox raised an eyebrow, though it was true that the project was basically an idea of the Milton ferrets, thus subjected to shenanigans rather than management strategies…
No, better not ask questions!
---
On the other hand, a lot of question were running in the tormented mind of a certain cat.
Sitting on the sidewalk, in front of a now empty house, Maxwell was sure his mind was about to snap.
First he had lost Grape. To Peanut. But that was okay –well, sort of. After all, she had never put her heart in their relationship, Max was only an excuse to justify her hesitations. She wanted a confidant, but she was too scared of breaking his heart… Okay, she had broken his heart. But he didn’t hate her for that. She was really weird, but he didn’t hate her.
Then, later, he had discovered why Sabrina had left him. They had been an item long before his eyes fell on Grape. And Sabrina had broken his heart for a dog. Fido. That discovery had made Max definitely more bitter about Grape.
But he didn’t hate neither Sabrina nor Grape. Really.
He still had friends, right? He was the tough kitty of the neighborhood, he could make fools out of them dogs whenever he wanted. Cats respected him. Even if someone whispered and chuckled and nudged behind his back. Look, there’s Maxie! The magical cat that can turn cats into dog-lovers!
But he didn’t care anymore about that. Not right now.
He had just lost one of his best friends.
And the only explanation of the ‘why’ was the letter he kept re-reading from time to time.
It was clear that the writer had suffered in writing it. The pen had trembled, and the dried stains that dotted the paper suggested tears.
That had made the reading even harder.

Dear Max,
When you’ll find this letter, I’ll be gone, together with my parents. For how long? I don’t know. I want, I really want to think it won’t be long, but
(stain) I don’t know.
I can’t even say why I am leaving. I can’t tell you anything. Dad has sworn he’ll tear this letter apart and not let me write another one if I try to slip information. And, after all, he didn’t say anything to me as well. I only know that I was given a chance to choose. To choose between the Shelter, or leave with them.
Forgive me, Maxwell, forgive this stupid big oaf
(stain) but I cannot leave them! I have been abandoned so many times, I even forgot my real name! I adapted to every new family, to belong, to show them I cared and wanted to be a good pet, (stain) a good son!
You’ll hate me, Max, but please don’t. I promise you I will do all I can to convince Mom and Dad to come back to Babylon Gardens, but now they need me and I them.
(stain)
I know you’re going through a hard time, and it won’t get better when Bino will be back. I wish I was there for you. But I know you will land on your feet. You always do. That’s why you’re the coolest cat.
(stain) Heh, look! I managed to write a whole letter without slipping into Russian. Keep it as a promise, will you? A promise that I will be back. Believe it, Max. Because I will check for it when I’m back, and I will be mostly displeased if I found it shredded.
Be seeing you. It has been a great time, tovarich!
IVAN

Eventually, the black cat took his wallet. He folded the letter and put it into the wallet. He put the wallet back into the collar, while that phrase kept ringing in his mind.
Believe it.
But what he could believe in? He had collected only a list of love failures, he lived with the most paranoid dog of the Gardens, his friends mocked him for his bad tastes in girlfriends –although Selene was still the only normal cat he had been with.
Oh, yes, and he couldn’t see her anymore, her Mom was rich and ready to raise Hellhounds to make sure of that.
Max was alone. And he really, really wanted someone to vent his growing resentment against. Even Bino, of all pets, had his loyal followers and friends!
What did I do to deserve this?!
<Nothing,> said a voice.
Max wiped off his tears and looked quickly around. “Uh? What? Who talked?”
<I talked, mortal,> said that same voice. Soothing, gentle…and inside his mind.
Max rapped on his head. “Yeah, sure, and I’m going crazy. Just what I needed!”
<You are not going crazy, rest assured.>
Max rolled his eyes, as if trying to see inside his skull. “Who are you, o rational voice?”
<I am one who can help you make your life better. Would you really like to know more?>
“Hmph, that and a pill to make my tail longer. But since I’ve got nothing to lose, yes. Tell me more.”
<I will, but in due time. My allowed call is almost over. If you really, in full conscience, want to know more, just keep your mind open. I’ll come to visit you, Maxwell. I promise. You won’t be alone anymore.>
“Well, thank you, o voice of inscrutable wisdom.” But that voice had fallen silent. And Max was just sure this wasn’t the end of it…
Last edited by valerio on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

well, so I realized I have 4 days before xmas, so better hurry up and keep in synch with Real Time. So, enjoy! :mrgreen:
Renkun

Post by Renkun »

we are gratefully this you write it at all for all your fans
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Renkun wrote:we are gratefully this you write it at all for all your fans
I make your words mine too. You rock, Valerio.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

The last thing Max want to hear is Allegra going out with someone else. In fact, that statement gave me a hint on who is speaking to Max.

I wonder what happen to CJ?

EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

I can see where this is coming from. Hopefully this fic won't go too much the same direction CJ's one did, that really had it's "jumping the shark" moment. Now that I actually remembered that thing again it made me upset, really hated the implications it had, but enough of that.
well, so I realized I have 4 days before xmas, so better hurry up and keep in synch with Real Time. So, enjoy!
You're going to have a burnout if you're going to make that or something. :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

CJ gave me an inspiration, but no I do not want to go in the same direction.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Wow some excellent chapters there valerio. I'm still keeping count of your updates :geek: , also I'm going to post how many updates you've posted this year along with a document that has all of those chapters in it with your permission. :D

Now, Max might become part of "the game" as well that's interesting. And it is absolutely fantastic that Sabrina is going to adopt a kitten once her dad's life smooths out. Now that Bino is coming back from the academy, there is going to be several huge messes/fights :twisted: . Hopefully Bino will lay off King now that he has a girlfriend. And Finally, if Bino is coming back that means it is near Christmas and the three liters will be BORN!! :mrgreen: I can hardly wait for the next few chapters.
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

you have my permission to post those stats :mrgreen:
And yes, it's gonna be an exciting end of season!!! :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So we have new babies, Bino coming, max becoming an avatar, and Fido and Sabrina adopting, not to mention the ghost family that has sprung up..... a lot of things are coming to a head in here, looks like we will have the perfect storm of Awesomeness! :D

Well, seems like King is happy now. Wonder who the ferrets got to be temp workers.
My characters
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well here it is... the entire first season in one document. Just to warn you it's 462 PAGES LONG!!
Whoops the document size was to big and i don't have enough time tonight to cut it up into a whole bunch of small documents. If you want all of season 1 in a single document then just PM me your email and ill send it to you. sorry about the mix up.
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

wow-ola!
Thank you for your effort anyway, 'car. *bows*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Oh so awesome. I can't wait for the litters to be born. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets