Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ChewyChewy

Re: current comic

Post by ChewyChewy »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
wolvie616 wrote:skipping the "seasons of love" argument....

Rick, I'm not sure if you're on, but this just might have been the perfect way to end this already excellent arc.
As much as I hate to say it to all of you, this would also be a great place to end the comic itself. Almost the whole thing had to do with Peanut loving Grape and being stereotyped as a "cat-lover." It would make an excellent conclusion.

However, since the comic is going to continue, I personally think the best option is to head in the "Sabrina x Fido" direction, since we now know that both Grape and Peanut are aware of it. It would be an excellent direction for the continuity of the comic's overall theme.

In truth, I see a very sharp parallel between "cat loving" and civil rights disputes in the real world. The whole "cat-lover" part shows the prejudice in the canine community, much like the prejudices we have between interracial and same-sex marriages.
Actually, we've known that both Grape and Peanut were aware of it back when we learned of it ourselves.... That was when Peanut took the picture in the first place.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
LupinTheVapour

Post by LupinTheVapour »

Deep discussion is deep. Honestly, I usually prefer to be more in the emotion of the moment when it comes to a story (a fictional one.. so long as it's not a mystery or something of the sort), rather than get real in depth about things. This is sparking my pondering cap, though.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

you know that's like the second time she's done that to him in five minutes, it's probably not good for him

he could wind up with brain damage or something
ImageImage
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Yea if Max and Tarot figure out what is happening (Well Max anyway I'm sure Tarot would know easily.) they might try to push them together. But what ever happens It will be good.
Edit: This most likely won't happen for a while anyway (if at all) because I think Rick will milk this by teasing us for a while.
You just hit the right spot!
tarot of course knows everything that is there to know: the only indecision left is about which direction will events take. And that is why she's not taking any open position, for now. My best guess is that if Max himself understood that Grape cares for Peanut more than she does for him, then Tarot could see it as the determining factor and have a talk with Peanut herself. In fact, so far peanut has never took the initiative, despite being madly in love with Grape. Shyness, fear, call it what you want but we never saw him going farther than the 'Please accept this dead chicken!' step, and that was yet another suggestion from an external source.
There is a LOT to happen in year 3 only about this matter. But we know Rick, cruel teasing is all we get for now... *Ack! Ackackackakk!* :mrgreen:
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Actually, I think tarot should loose her powers so Peanut feels obligated to assist her trough a normal life, rather then the other way around.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But then she'd be a lot less amusing. This is a comedic strip first and foremost, after all.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Game

Post by The Game »

i can't stop d'awww-ing! This was too cute!
now the arc iis over right? It would only make sense...
Enty

Post by Enty »

I know I'm late to the post.... but this is just d'awwwwwww~<3

He managed to resolve years of romantic tension without ever actually resolving it~<3 I APPROVE :D
This is not a signature.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kyderra wrote:Actually, I think tarot should loose her powers so Peanut feels obligated to assist her trough a normal life, rather then the other way around.
I have a feeling something like this is going to happen in the future. but rather, instead of losing her powers, she somewhat listens to the spirits WAY too much. In other words, doesn't think for herself.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
The Game

Post by The Game »

DANG! Nearly 500 comments on this strip!! (481 and counting!)
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

I think by monday we'll have well over 600. :P Maybe 700-800?
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Majin-Wolf wrote:Lets just say that Peanut and Grape do get together and things work out at the end do you guys think they will decide to marry each other in the near future? I mean if you think about it people in our modern world has done some crazy things for their pets like “wedding” ceremonies! It could work out or not who knows!! :-)
Its comments like this that make me feel less weird for actually drawing this scenario out
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Two_Twig wrote:
Majin-Wolf wrote:Lets just say that Peanut and Grape do get together and things work out at the end do you guys think they will decide to marry each other in the near future? I mean if you think about it people in our modern world has done some crazy things for their pets like “wedding” ceremonies! It could work out or not who knows!! :-)
Its comments like this that make me feel less weird for actually drawing this scenario out
ImageImage
ImageImage
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Majin-Wolf wrote:Lets just say that Peanut and Grape do get together and things work out at the end do you guys think they will decide to marry each other in the near future? I mean if you think about it people in our modern world has done some crazy things for their pets like “wedding” ceremonies! It could work out or not who knows!! :-)t
For housepets, it would be a bit too much and its not something that I don't think Rick would do. Even if he did it, it would set a different tone for the comic in general. I mean interspieces relationships is one thing, but interspecies marriage is another thing all together. And besides technically they are pets.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Considered Miles and Lucretia, who out of all animals in the comic are both the most "human" and the closest to married, are not officially married, I'm pretty sure that's not something animals do. Even if they are completely sapient, a pet wedding would still be kind of weird, in my opinion.

Personally I think the idea of speculating any changes in Peanut's and Grape's relationship is kind of silly, since considering all the focus they've been getting recently and the bombshell that just got dropped, they aren't going to be advancing too many plots for a while.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Considered Miles and Lucretia, who out of all animals in the comic are both the most "human" and the closest to married, are not officially married, I'm pretty sure that's not something animals do. Even if they are completely sapient, a pet wedding would still be kind of weird, in my opinion.

Personally I think the idea of speculating any changes in Peanut's and Grape's relationship is kind of silly, since considering all the focus they've been getting recently and the bombshell that just got dropped, they aren't going to be advancing too many plots for a while.
I agree as I said before any change that happen are probably going to be more subtle then people think for a while anyway and anything that comes out of it with not be known for some time.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

IceKitsune wrote: I agree as I said before any change that happen are probably going to be more subtle then people think for a while anyway and anything that comes out of it with not be known for some time.
I guessing that goes back to the sightly mushy stuff for a while.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Barkeron wrote:
IceKitsune wrote: I agree as I said before any change that happen are probably going to be more subtle then people think for a while anyway and anything that comes out of it with not be known for some time.
I guessing that goes back to the sightly mushy stuff for a while.
Yes this pretty much this. Rick will tease us with this for sometime before anything substantial comes of it. But at this point I think we have discussed this to the point were there isn't much left to say.

Edit: So at this point I'm done with this unless somebody brings up some interesting point or Monday comes.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

IceKitsune wrote:
Barkeron wrote:401 comments in 24hrs. Wow.
I called it. I'm betting we near 600 by the end of the Weekend
Most of those 400+ comments have nothing at all to do with the comic but instead are people making idle chatter which in itself isn't a issue so far.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well idle chatter is to be expected of all comics, so the fact that this one has so many still means something.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Sleet wrote:Well idle chatter is to be expected of all comics, so the fact that this one has so many still means something.

I dunno any other strips which haves over 520 comments, even with the idle chatter.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

This strip has most certainly gotten the most comments ever... :shock:
no longer active, sorry
Enty

Post by Enty »

Might I say, this arc has inspired me to jump on the avatar-from-comic bandwagon :D
This is not a signature.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Did anyone else notice that absolutely nothing was resolved? I mean, someone said it before but I thought they were not reading the strip right, but now that I think about it, they jumped from the topic they were gonna discuss in the first place. So, nothing was resolved about why they were mad in the first place....
I think
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I was thinking and I'm not sure about this theory. Since Grape has "accepted" Peanut's feelings and stuff, does that mean Tarot no longer has to be there, like she said?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Cerberusx wrote:I was thinking and I'm not sure about this theory. Since Grape has "accepted" Peanut's feelings and stuff, does that mean Tarot no longer has to be there, like she said?
Actually, no. Grape hasn't fully accepted Peanut yet, because to do that would be to reciprocate his feelings, which would "break Max's heart", as Tarot said. Grape might be accepting of Peanut in general, but she's not accepting of his feelings.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Considering Peanut is her boyfriend, I really doubt that Tarot "no longer has to be there."
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:I was thinking and I'm not sure about this theory. Since Grape has "accepted" Peanut's feelings and stuff, does that mean Tarot no longer has to be there, like she said?
Actually, no. Grape hasn't fully accepted Peanut yet, because to do that would be to reciprocate his feelings, which would "break Max's heart", as Tarot said. Grape might be accepting of Peanut in general, but she's not accepting of his feelings.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up mate. But the question remains, when will it happen.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

No. Grape has known about Peanut's feelings for ages, she's just finally said something. If she wanted to be in a relationship outside of what they have now, don't you think she would have shot down Max last year when they were at the farm? She's all but said "I love you like a brother, but I've got someone who I'm growing fonder of and I don't want to drop that." And Peanut agreed. Most of the issues at hand were because they didn't sit it down and have things out.

It won't slow down the shipping any or the vocal fans who won't be happy with anything but Peanut and Grape but people need to simply accept that the two are as close as they are going to be for now and be happy that both have found acceptable SO's who work well for them. Tarot's as good a match for Peanut as anyone could be and Grape, being a bit rough is well suited for Max.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Cerberusx wrote:Ah, thanks for clearing that up mate. But the question remains, when will it happen.
You seem pretty set on thinking that it's going to happen at all.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Foxstar wrote:
No. Grape has known about Peanut's feelings for ages, she's just finally said something. If she wanted to be in a relationship outside of what they have now, don't you think she would have shot down Max last year when they were at the farm? She's all but said "I love you like a brother, but I've got someone who I'm growing fonder of and I don't want to drop that." And Peanut agreed. Most of the issues at hand were because they didn't sit it down and have things out.

It won't slow down the shipping any or the vocal fans who won't be happy with anything but Peanut and Grape but people need to simply accept that the two are as close as they are going to be for now and be happy that both have found acceptable SO's who work well for them. Tarot's as good a match for Peanut as anyone could be and Grape, being a bit rough is well suited for Max.
But you -and maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying- are ignoring the possibility that it could still happen later. I don't really see what Grape said as an "I see you as a brother" thing to me It seems more like she implied that she doesn't have feeling for him because she isn't attracted to Dogs. Now that could later change, it might not but it could.

Now I've said before and I'll say it again I have no problem with Grape being with Max and Peanut being with Tarot I would be happy if It stayed as is Its not what I want the ending to the situation to be but again Its Ricks comic and he can do what ever he wants.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Foxstar wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:Ah, thanks for clearing that up mate. But the question remains, when will it happen.
Can't let you say that, Foxstar. :P
Honestly, I don't think anyone can say whether or not it'll happen, unless they have inside info from Rick.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

if the housepets time right now is 8:55 pm and my time is 9:55 pm
does that mean i have to wait until 1:00 am to see the new comic? Because usually i dont stay up that late D:
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Yep, that's how it works for me as well.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:if the housepets time right now is 8:55 pm and my time is 9:55 pm
does that mean i have to wait until 1:00 am to see the new comic? Because usually i dont stay up that late D:
I love being in the same time zone as Rick. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Foxstar wrote:

Hey, the comic is still going. There;s plenty of time for any assortment of plotpoints to move the Greanut ship closer (or farther) from shore :B
Edit: AHAHAHA typo v:
Last edited by Flamboyant-Pencil on Sun May 02, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
Can't let you say that, Foxstar. :P
Honestly, I don't think anyone can say whether or not it'll happen, unless they have inside info from Rick.
This is true unless anyone has Inside Info from Rick himself or Rick just tells us (I hope he doesn't) nobody knows what will happen because its still up in the air.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Zander wrote:if the housepets time right now is 8:55 pm and my time is 9:55 pm
I love being in the same time zone as Rick. :D
This. :P It updates at midnight for me. Woo.
no longer active, sorry
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

IceKitsune wrote:This is true unless anyone has Inside Info from Rick himself or Rick just tells us

Or unless you just happen to be hanging outside his window and he says it aloud to himself.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

In housepets, anything can happen. I hear that the fanfiction section page is popular these days.