Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jesse James

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Jesse James »

zeldakeeper wrote:Hey have any of you played Xenoblade *trollface* It's amazing *laughs*
It looks like sarcasm, but I honestly can't tell. lol

I want Xenoblade, but I want other games more.

Bought U3 on release, yet haven't played it. :/
exranio

Post by exranio »

It's a sad day in the gaming industry when japan sends games to Europe but not America.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I'm so happy because an english company did the voice acting and I personally find it really good because they choose REAL ENGLISH ACCENTS! All the characters have proper english accents and not the whole "Spit spot cheerio" crap that you Americans think we sound like. But then oddly I much prefer the voice actor for Luke in the American version of Prof. Layton because the english voice makes me wanna tear my ears out.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

zeldakeeper wrote:I'm so happy because an english company did the voice acting and I personally find it really good because they choose REAL ENGLISH ACCENTS! All the characters have proper english accents and not the whole "Spit spot cheerio" crap that you Americans think we sound like. But then oddly I much prefer the voice actor for Luke in the American version of Prof. Layton because the english voice makes me wanna tear my ears out.
You should play henry hatsworth and the puzzling adventure. I am english too and I just laughed so hard when I read the texts. And the opening theme is so hilarious to listen to.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Tat sounds interesting.
Now I wanna play.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Zelda: Skyward Sword has been an amazing experience so far.
The motion controls for the sword are very accurate and immersive.
It is time to dust off your Wii console. :lol:
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Jesse James

Post by Jesse James »

My Skyward Sword gets delivered 24th November.

Excite!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I WANT MY SKYWARD SWORD ;_;
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

My body is ready for the English Corpse Party that'll be released tomorrow in the PSN store.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
1boredcanadian

Post by 1boredcanadian »

*deleted*
Last edited by 1boredcanadian on Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I want Skyward Sword but don't have time for it right now! D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

As I'm sure mostly everyone knows now, my only two video game consoles (were) a PS2 and a Nintendo DS Lite. But guess what? I sat at my kitchen table over the weekend, looking through the Sunday paper, and this was being offered for $150.

It only took five years, but I've finally got a modern gaming system! Well, I'll officially have it on Christmas Day, but still. :P And I got Skyward Sword with it, for free. X3

And now I can play Gamecube games too! Awww yeah!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

My roommate has bought Skyrim and the new Saints row
but I never have any time to play either
:evil:
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Beagle wrote:As I'm sure mostly everyone knows now, my only two video game consoles (were) a PS2 and a Nintendo DS Lite. But guess what? I sat at my kitchen table over the weekend, looking through the Sunday paper, and this was being offered for $150.

It only took five years, but I've finally got a modern gaming system! Well, I'll officially have it on Christmas Day, but still. :P And I got Skyward Sword with it, for free. X3

It's too bad the Wii U launches next year, your console won't be current very long.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
FuhrerVonZephyr

Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

Dubiousity wrote:
Beagle wrote:As I'm sure mostly everyone knows now, my only two video game consoles (were) a PS2 and a Nintendo DS Lite. But guess what? I sat at my kitchen table over the weekend, looking through the Sunday paper, and this was being offered for $150.

It's too bad the Wii U launches next year, your console won't be current very long.
But I don't think the Wii U is backward compatible, so the old Wii will still have a use.
Hey guys! I make art!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

LordZepher wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:

But I don't think the Wii U is backward compatible, so the old Wii will still have a use.
The Wii U is backwards compatible, Wii games and controllers can both be used.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Buying a gamecube tomorrow!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Wii U can't play Gamecube games I don't think. And the Wii isn't nearly as expensive as the Wii U will be. So it's hardly a wasted purchase.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:The Wii U can't play Gamecube games I don't think. And the Wii isn't nearly as expensive as the Wii U will be. So it's hardly a wasted purchase.
I never said it would be, I just stated that it wouldn't be the current Nintendo console for very long.
Jesse James

Post by Jesse James »

Seth wrote:Buying a gamecube tomorrow!
Respect. 8-)

I'm planning on buying FE: Path of Radiance and Starfox Assault either today or tomorrow.

I bought Starfox 64 for the 3DS yesterday, have Skyward Sword being delivered tomorrow and still haven't finished Uncharted 3.

*sigh*
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

It may be outdated soon, but at least it won't be ancient. And by the time I get around to being satisfied with all the Zelda games, Pokemon games, Mario games, Guitar Hero, Fire Emblem games, Animal Crossing games, and God-knows-whatever-else is available in the Wii/Gamecube market, I'll be busy for quite a while. I'm a video gamer that plays on a budget and only during downtime of the three million other responsibilities I have. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

And Gamecube games are more than enough to keep someone entertained for a long time! Make sure to try Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My sister found my lost Resident Evil Remake CD. i'm in love again.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Has anybody played the new Dirt game that's come out?
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sleet wrote:And Gamecube games are more than enough to keep someone entertained for a long time! Make sure to try Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door!
I agree with this 100% its a fun game. Although Super Paper Mario is quite a letdown in my opinion. But you know what Gamecube game still holds up to this very day? Resident Evil 4.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Sleet wrote:And Gamecube games are more than enough to keep someone entertained for a long time! Make sure to try Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door!
I agree with this 100% its a fun game. Although Super Paper Mario is quite a letdown in my opinion. But you know what Gamecube game still holds up to this very day? Resident Evil 4.
Bought that with my game cube today 8-)
can't wait to sink my teeth into it
no pun intended
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Believe me, Leon Scott Kennedy is cool as all heck man.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Super Paper Mario was a big letdown. It was hilarious, but the gameplay wasn't nearly deep enough.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Ironically, Super Paper Mario was my favorite one of the series. One was fun but you had so many limitations that weakened you. The second was rather darkish feeling since you are pretty much in a Junky area the entire game. The third added the ability to just damage enemies instead of long simulation while still being rather hard. I like the hopping on enemy Mario games so it really went well for me. ^^
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Well, since all the games I have wanted this year are all out and I've got them. I'm now beginning to imagine what next year could bring us. I hope its more impressive then this year.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
The Grey Wolverine

Farcry 3.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Hehe, there are still quite a few things that I wish to obtain. Though we have gotten so many different things already. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, and Rayman Origins are the remaining two I can think of that I want from the giant burst of new games this November. :3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Ironically, Super Paper Mario was my favorite one of the series. One was fun but you had so many limitations that weakened you. The second was rather darkish feeling since you are pretty much in a Junky area the entire game. The third added the ability to just damage enemies instead of long simulation while still being rather hard. I like the hopping on enemy Mario games so it really went well for me. ^^
I didn't really like it. I adored the RPG mechanics, and I felt it was kind of watered-down as far as a Mario platformer goes.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 HD on my Xbox360, Professional mode is hard man.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

That's my best friend's favorite Gamecube game, ever. Of course I'll end up playing it at some point. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nice! It's so good. I slightly prefer the N64 game but they're both amazing.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Only need £25 for a 3DS noooww D:< UUGGGHHH. SO CLOSE YET SO FAAAAR
The Grey Wolverine

Dubiousity wrote:I've been playing Resident Evil 4 HD on my Xbox360, Professional mode is hard man.
I remember that kicking my behind when I was 10. It still does.

On the Paper Mario topic, I never played the first Paper Mario or really any Mario games prior to Thousand Year Door and it was one hell of a good introduction, even if it could be a bit tedious in the battles I liked it because it reminded me of Final Fantasy, one of the first franchises I liked, but man was XIII a disappointment.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The VAnu Sovereignty of Planetside 2! now with more Purple and alien technology! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEtQR92 ... ure=relmfu
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sometimes I wonder why why I gave up SimCity 4 for Cities XL 2012. True, my SimCity 4 CD's are stuffed up for some reason but sometimes Cities XL 2012 is sooo annoying....

I have to get myself a copy of SimCity 3000 one day. It still remains my favorite out of that genre.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby