PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Hypergenesis »

It's not that it's unrealistic but the implications on what he can do with what he had. Sure they weren't dangerous, sure they weren't useful but the fact remains that these are some very sophisticated items, made in a garage, combining what would be extremely sensitive devices, that can be forever destroyed just by touching their pins, with the act of welding. If it was >slightly< unrealistic it would be fine, if there was a shred of possibility it would be fine. This is like 30th century technology meets magic. (okay that was exaggerated.)

Bleh, but it seems the majority is fine with it so whatever.

Just because it's silly doesn't mean it's alright. You're a moderator even, silliness are supposed to be localized in silly threads. If you think this RP is a silly thread then say so and I'll walk.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm not a moderator in this thread. and yes, silliness should be remain mostly in silly threads, but the occasional break from realism is acceptable as long as it doesn't impede upon another player's fun.
and you're saying that everything Flash does here is even slightly possible and not completely silly?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Know that Flash is meant to be silly and irrational, that's what his character is about. Silliness is NOT a justification of doing things that your character simply can't do or outside of character!

Fun is good, but we have standards. A LOT of problem will arise if we go by your logic of "as long as no one is harmed and it's fun, why not?"

Now for ST's post, it's too big to change, so I say let it be. However, I do ask ST to raise Alexander's INT to 10 (he only used 40 points anyway), since he is obviously meant to be an inventor pet or something.

But please tone down Alexander's next invention, as a small metal baby dragon capable of flight that contains heat detector plus computer chip with a built-in speak as well as able to shoot out confetti and streamers is a bit TOO sophisticated for a hand-made contraption/device, even for a human.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Even if you're not a mod in this section it still stands that your words that implies "It's okay if it's silly" is unrestrained and promotes disorganization.

Flash...
Is weird, silly and personally I don't really like the character, but what he does are physical, plausible and not exactly supernatural. It does seem mighty convenient but if we take into account that he has a screw loose in his head then his actions are completely "normal" for his case. His theories and everything are words, which doesn't really need basis. True there have been cases where things got out of hand, and that's exactly what I want to avoid.

I am not saying that because it's silly it's not allowed, I'm saying that ST's post is just too ridiculous for the RP. Not everything needs to be in a Rube Goldberg fashion, the exact same situation could have been delivered in a better, more normal way with the same effect.

I appreciate his effort in making a long post, but draw a line and check what is plausible and what's not. If it was one thing then it wouldn't have triggered so many alarms in my head. If it just zipped by the others then not as many as well, but to make it so that it attracts as much attention as possible is what made me really irate about the post. Again I'm not against comical humor, the RP is based on the working of one that has comical humor, but what I am against is pure silliness without accompanying humor, sense or relevance.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

T_____T

I just had to open my big fat mouth...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Eh, seems like not much minded that and Aqua did say it's allowed so just let it past. Try to regulate the silliness next time though.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hypergenesis wrote:Try to regulate the silliness next time though.
I am not against silliness, I just am against going outside of the supposed character concept and anything that could break the game balance.
simple things wrote:T_____T

I just had to open my big fat mouth...
I do appreciate your long post though, besides I also think that's a nice and funny post! :3

Juuuust, please be careful next time. I once saw somebody try to bring in a portable Xbox 360 into a RP... Technological impossibilities aside, it's also a bit too convenient and cheap.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Really, I quite enjoyed the silliness. It's a welcome break form any seriousness, even if it was only for a post. x3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah. it's like "RANDOMNESS IS HAPPENING!!! NOW DISCUSS!!!"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Aquablast wrote: Juuuust, please be careful next time. I once saw somebody try to bring in a portable Xbox 360 into a RP... Technological impossibilities aside, it's also a bit too convenient and cheap.
*Hum, ehem* It exists owo It's like a big laptop
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

true, but it's not an official product. it requires you to void a few warranties to make it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Hypergenesis seemed to be saying it was.
He's being cranky.
He's also not posting in BsM, where his character has been frozen with my main character for about a month.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:This is like 30th century technology meets magic. (okay that was exaggerated.)
Just call him Lil' Washu then.

I do agree, since you pointed it out, it is a bit overboard...
Hypergenesis wrote:Flash...
Is weird, silly and personally I don't really like the character, but what he does are physical, plausible and not exactly supernatural. It does seem mighty convenient but if we take into account that he has a screw loose in his head then his actions are completely "normal" for his case. His theories and everything are words, which doesn't really need basis. True there have been cases where things got out of hand, and that's exactly what I want to avoid.
Hence why I haven't used him lately: he's supposed to be kinda like Heywood from Minarsky Forest, only he actually DOES have super-powers, mainly on the level of Pinkie Pie and Bobo-Bo Bobo-Bobo, where all it is is cartoon-character stuff. It's kinda hard to engineer a functionally insane character like that, and he needs work to be really fun to have around...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Hypergenesis seemed to be saying it was.
He's being cranky.
He's also not posting in BsM, where his character has been frozen with my main character for about a month.
You haven't replied to the post as I left it.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I bet I've missed a lot....*see main OOC for more info on that*

Abridged version, please?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

basically... time skip a few months to Halloween. that's about all you missed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

*sigh of relief* that's awesome!

Can I post soon, or do I need approval...or...?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

you're still under regular residents of YsF, so there should be no problem. Also read the last post I made for our group. Hope you like it :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
The Game

Post by The Game »

Quick question: what happened between Varg and Arin?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

The first day when Arin ran from Spike, Cesium, Varg, and Mystic. Varg blamed himself.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

Oh! I remember! Thanks :)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:He's also not posting in BsM, where his character has been frozen with my main character for about a month.
You haven't replied to the post as I left it.[/quote]
GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
I've been waiting for you for over two months! Why didn't you say anything??
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I was playing a game and somewhat appreciated the breaktime :D
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I'm sorry that I'm busier than usual... I'll try to post the soonest possible, though >w<
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

@Coatl Ruu
Sorry if it slipped my mind, but when was Dusk's control transferred to Coatl?

Usually when a player left unexpectedly the ownership of a character isn't transferred automatically, since you usually need previous player's consent.

However, since Dusk is kind of important to Phi, so I guess an exception isn't that unreasonable. But my point is I need to make a note of it. Is Dusk going to be a main character for Coatl? Or just a secondary who doesn't appear all the time? If main I might have to use your second character slot.

@Everyone
Hey guys! I don't want to be harsh, critical, or anything, and I know romance is a fun thing to RP as, but unfortunately, I think the amount of "one line dialogs/descriptions" + "meet and kiss and become a couple" is getting a bit... Too much.

Romance is fine and all, but the whole RP shouldn't be only consisting of hugging, kissing, descriptions of how much the characters love hugging/kissing, falling in love and becoming a couple during first few meetings, and one line dialogs ("let's go to A" "okay!" "B leads" "C follows"). In fact I think those should be kept to a minimum, because the RP thread is still kind of public, and I am sure most people don't want to read about other people kissing or read about how much they love hugging or kissing each other. Besides it makes us look like a cheap dating center. (Albeit pretended)

Tone it down, please?

(For the problem with changing location: Once everyone agreed to change location, simply arrive at the location instead of having a "lead and follow" scene which consists of only leading and following.)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yay~ I'm not alone in this anymore. *shot*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sorry about all the kissing. If there were more happening, We wouldn't do it so much if we could think of other things to do. I think we can all agree that day 3 didn't have all that much going on.

as for starting relationships fast, Arin and Spike's relationship just came naturally after they spent most of the day together. Kat and Rion, Moon approached me when I first submitted the character sheet, and I agree it may have been rushed, but their personalities seem to fit somewhat.

and yes. the following just leads to too many posts being needed. I fully agree with that one.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and yes. the following just leads to too many posts being needed. I fully agree with that one.
I can say nothing more.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

If you want us to cancel the mooshy stuff and the "lead and follow" scenes do something other than mumbling. Do some events (take valerio's example in BPS) You're the GM of the RP, you're the one who can practically bring up Aliens to visit YsF (for example).
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

MOAR EXPLOSIONS!!!!
or we could just get to the party and see how that works.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sorry about all the kissing. If there were more happening, We wouldn't do it so much if we could think of other things to do. I think we can all agree that day 3 didn't have all that much going on.
When in doubt, try to show the personality of you character. You don't have to outright describe it, but you can implicate using actions. Like for Kat, you can make her arrive at the construction site ASAP and start doing the dangerous stuff, just to show how crazy she is. It's a RP, as long as you're not doing something that can cause serious fights between you and another player, nothing too bad can happen.

Is the tip above enough? Or are you still stuck?
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Kat and Rion, Moon approached me when I first submitted the character sheet, and I agree it may have been rushed, but their personalities seem to fit somewhat.
It's still rushed and pretty irrational, no matter how well their personalities fit. Then again, teenager nowadays can become a couple during a single day, so perhaps not. Also, if you disagree, you can always reject a proposal.

Either way, I am mainly pointing this out, in case this trend continues. It's not like I telling you to break up.
The Moon Howler wrote:If you want us to cancel the mooshy stuff and the "lead and follow" scenes do something other than mumbling. Do some events (take valerio's example in BPS) You're the GM of the RP, you're the one who can practically bring up Aliens to visit YsF (for example).
Sorry, you're going this the wrong way. EVERY PLAYER more or less have the power to set up settings and events, as long as it's not destroying the canon of the neighbor or the character themselves, both in consistency and literally. PF has always been a player-driven RP. The robbery at Mystic's place, the car crash, the child who lost his balloon, elevators which always stops at floor 13th at night, they are all within your ability, as long as you're not overdoing or abusing it.

Know that this is not BPS, GM-made events are bonus here, not something we MUST provide. Making sure that things stay within boundaries (read: not getting too mushy) and keeping the standard IS a GM's job. Not being mushy in the public is common sense. Besides none of you even requested me or anyone else' assistance, not until I started "mumbling" anyway.

If you don't want to hear my "mumbling", can't stand the fact that YsF isn't a pretended dating center, can't be bothered to think of anything else except "mooshy stuff", can't bear the fact that a GM isn't babysitting everything, or can't stomach the concept of "keeping a standard", you're more than welcome to leave YsF.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Aquablast wrote:@Coatl Ruu
Sorry if it slipped my mind, but when was Dusk's control transferred to Coatl?

Usually when a player left unexpectedly the ownership of a character isn't transferred automatically, since you usually need previous player's consent.

However, since Dusk is kind of important to Phi, so I guess an exception isn't that unreasonable. But my point is I need to make a note of it. Is Dusk going to be a main character for Coatl? Or just a secondary who doesn't appear all the time? If main I might have to use your second character slot.
Ah, right ... sorry about that. Well, I only took control of him on the previous day so I could tie up the loose ends The Broken Fox left behind. And no one seemed to object to that, so I rolled with it. My plan was actually to have Dusk out of the picture by the current day. But that didn't happen, and I would still like to send the character off 'on-screen' as it were, so... let's just call him a secondary character.
@Everyone
Aaand, snipped because I'm not guilty of any of these things~ *brick'd*

... Hang on, I think I'm actually not. Huh. How bout that. *skips merrily away*
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:MOAR EXPLOSIONS!!!!
We could do that.

Any takers?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:But that didn't happen, and I would still like to send the character off 'on-screen' as it were, so... let's just call him a secondary character.
Okay then, secondary character he is!
Coatl_Ruu wrote:... Hang on, I think I'm actually not. Huh. How bout that. *skips merrily away*
Oh man... I guess what I said really sounded like a public reprimand... :lol:
Hypergenesis wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:MOAR EXPLOSIONS!!!!
We could do that.

Any takers?
I am neutral. But sure, why not? Though anyone has the party description yet? Or should it be a party with a bit of everything, even things that you don't see in real life Halloween party?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Aquablast wrote:Okay then, secondary character he is!
Sounds good.
Aquablast wrote:Oh man... I guess what I said really sounded like a public reprimand... :lol:
Well, when you say @Everyone ... =P
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

o 3o. . .

Not having anything to post is surely boring... Since the recent posts point to "cannot think of anything but make love" being the reason for the hard to interact with pairings... how about something like this?

I'm thinking on introducing a strike character who would be leaving Yorkshire Fields on this RP day. This character would have a somewhat close friendship with one of the characters, though that character would not be informed of the other character leaving. Until today.

So I need a volunteer, could be anyone who did RP'd on the previous day. I'll try to come up with a story ASAP and give it to the other player for validation and of course submit the character sheet here for the same reason.

Now this wouldn't be a 1-on-1 RP. Most probably whoever was with the volunteered character could be dragged into the event, obviously I'll try to cut back on the drama but I'll try to leave just enough if possible.

But this is just a suggestion, anyone interested?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

... Wow. No one?

Ahem. HYPERGENESIS, I HENCEFORTH EXPRESS MY INTEREST IN THIS THING. Because we really need to get moving again.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

He said PM. Already done. XP
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

... Well, apparently I'm stupid. Carry on. xD

... Wait a tic. If this has already been discussed, why have there still been no new posts since the 21st? =P
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Cause I posted on the 25th and haven't really finished discussing this? o wO?

Posting this here only because it only concerns YsF

Name: Claire Matatabi
Species: Feline, Ragdoll/Munchkin
Neighborhood: Yorkshire Fields
Type: Arc Strike Character

Appearance:
Claire is a while munchkin by appearance with a black underbelly. She has a witch’s hat which the wears at night. Her collar is black in color with a plain circle tag.

Personality:
Claire enjoys dwelling in physical activities as mush as she loves exercising her mind. While not quite the most hospitable pet in town though she does make sure she gives a smile to the customer and those she meets.

Backstory:
Claire typically runs delivery for the Hestia herbal store in the morning, reads books in the library during the afternoon and practices witchcraft (herbalism) at night.

Claire was born and raised in Yorkshire as a working pet specializing in delivery. She started frequenting the library after it was made available to her when the pet friendly laws were passed as her parent would always let her off in the afternoon though since there was nothing to do before the laws,she was always insistent in helping out though closing time.

SPECIAL:
S - 5
P - 5
E - 6
C - 5
I - 8
A - 7
L - 5

Now as to Ruu... It would be strange to have 2 families move away but I could still make another one if Aqua would approve of it. :P