Reply to topic  [ 4833 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next
Pet Friendly:Applegate 
Author Message
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Pet Friendly:Applegate
It’s a cool and overcast day in Applegate. The town is bustling (realative to small town standards) as local buisnesses prepare for the arrival of AppleGate's first batch of pets.
The main street businesses all have signs welcoming the new families and their pets to Applegate. The streets are dotted with moving vans.
The midway sun tries futilely to break through the clouds as Gage Price finishes unpacking his last box of belongings.

Gage strolled downstairs where his parents were unpacking the kitchen
Mooooom I'm hungry do we have any food?

Oh sure gage I'll whip you something up, Sarah responded sarcastically.

Mike dug in his pockets and pulled out a 10 dollar bill.Here, go check out the pizza place on main street

Alright, thanks dad.

Sarah yelled after him, bring us some change!!

No chance mom!

Gage exited his new house and began walking down Oak street.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Last edited by Seth on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Matt and Rex have just arrived at their new house along with a van, containing their stuff. They have bought a big house with big garage, so that they have enough space for both the jeep and the Harley Davidson

"Okay, boy!" Matt said after he and Rex brought in the music gear and the instruments. "Me and the boys will take care of the rest. You can take a walk now."
"Are you sure about that, Dad?" Rex asked.
"Aye, I am! I payed them extra for that." Matt replied "You have any money?"
"Let me check." Rex pulled out a wallet from his collar and checked it "12 dollars."
Matt handed him a few banknotes "Here's a 100 for a week."
Rex rolled his eyes and took the money "Thanks, Dad!" he hated when his Father gave him a lot of money.
Matt narrowed "Don't make faces, Rex, we talked about that!"
Rex bowed his head "Sorry, Dad!"
Matt smiled and patted his dog on the head. "You overreact about this sometimes, pal. Now you're free to do as you please. Call me if something happens."
Rex smiled back and nodded "Okay Dad!" he took his acoustic guitar and they both headed out. Once outside, Rex headed to the main Street "Bye, Dad!" he waved back to Matt.
"Have fun, boy!" Matt waved to his pet and began helping the movers.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: Land of the crazies
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Rena and her mother, Mrs."Crazy" Nettie Callahan, had finished with the morning shift of the day. they were in the middle of lunch when Nettie had said "You remember why today was a big day?"

"Yes ma, I remember." Said Rena, swallowing a mouth full of food.

"Now why is it so special?" Asked Mrs.Callahan with a smile that made one wonder why someone was so cheerful.

"'Cause it's big move in day. Now that Applegate here's a Pet Friendly community, We'll get us a fresh batch of faces we'll see in the shop. An' I'll get to take myself for a walk. Rena said with a joking look on her own face.

"Speaking of, it's time for us to head out now."

"Ma, can I go for the first walk by myself?"

"Sure, just be home before closing time, you know how hard it is for me to keep track of books when I get that last swarm of the day."

"Okay ma, I promise. Thank you, love ya, Bye!" She called as she ran out the door and slid down the hand rail. After which she sat in a pile on the ground from not quite landing right, laughing to herself. Standing up, she took a small look around, and thought. 'Why am I looking about? I'm a lady. Ladies wait for people to talk to at a regular area... Right?' She started leaning against the hand rail while she pondered this.

_________________
Love me right now! Done.

My PetFriendly character links
Can you hear me?<--Tesla's "volume" list.

CaptainPea wrote:
45 is my favorite color of the alphabet.

SoujiTheFox wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR


Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17065
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Buster was helping his parents unpack the boxes from the recent move, but he was starting to get a bit bored. He had already finished unpacking his own belongings and His mom had asked him to help unpack her collection of pretty vases.
"Mom, could I go around town and meet some of the neighbor pets?"
"after we finish unpacking everything, sweetie."
"But mom, everything that we have left to unpack is valuable, fragile, and fairly heavy. You know how weak I am. I might drop something and break it."
He smiled at his mom.
she sighed. "fine, go ahead."
The black rabbit walked out of the house smiling, as he always does. Now where to go? I guess could go to Main street and see if I can find any new friends.
With this he headed to do just that.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 64
Images: 1
Location: Belgium
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
"That's the last box."

Casey waved to the movers as they drove away. Despite the dreary weather, she was super excited! She couldn't wait to meet all the new faces and make new friends. In fact, she really couldn't wait.
"Mo-om! I wanna go meet everyone! Can I go outside now?" Casey yelled from the front door. Ms. Wright was making her way down the stairs. "Casey, you know you don't have to yell. I can hear you just fine." She laughed. "But I'm not sure... I'll need some help around the house, and it wouldn't be fair if David had to stay behind." Casey gave a puppy dog face. "Oh, come onnnnn! Pleaseee mom?"
"Hey, it's ok. I don't mind staying behind and helping for now." David said, walking into the hall. "Casey, you can introduce me to everyone once you've all been acquainted, right?" Casey smiled gratefully. "Of course!" She looked at her mom with the same pleading face from before.
Ms.Wright sighed. "Oh, all right. At least take some money with you... Here's a fifty. Don't spend it all too fast!" Casey nodded happily. "Oh, I won't! Thank you! I love you!" she yelled as she ran out the door to the main street, full of energy from excitement.

..

David was unpacking things in the living room. He sighed. The house was really quiet. Ms.Wright was resting on the large sofa as tiredness had overcome her. David looked outside. The neighborhood looked nice and quiet, but that probably depended on the neighbors he would have... the ones that Casey was probably meeting just then. He felt a bit of excitement in his spine. Excitement wasn't a thing that happened often to him, that was more Casey's thing. He sighed again, suddenly realizing that he was getting tired himself. He laid down next to his mom and took a nap with her.

"Howdy!" Casey would say every time she passed someone. Seeing all these new faces made her squeal with joy. But the main thing she was looking forward to was meeting the other pets. And just when she was thinking that, she saw a Shiba Inu leaning against a hand rail. She ran up to her, shivering with excitement. "Howdy! Are you a new pet here? Because I sure am! My name is Casey, what's yours?"


Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 2484
Images: 0
Location: Meh
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Moving, such a... Odd experience.
Tia looked around...
This place gives such a peaceful aura.
Tia, come help us unpack!
Oh, coming mom!
She walks over to her mother who was pulling boxes out of the moving truck.
Her father was inside unpacking the boxes they already brought in.
I can't wait to meet some new people.
After we finish bringing in the boxes.
I know mom.
She picks up a box and brought it in.
She leaves the house and goes back to the truck and looks inside. They had ten more boxes.
Tia sighed and grabbed another box, and her mom got two.
After five more minutes Tia brought in the last box.
There, finished!
Okay Tia, since that was the last box were finished. So you ca-
Tia had already left.
Man, she was in a hurry.
Tia had left her house, and started to explore her new neighborhood.

_________________
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world


Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: Land of the crazies
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Irony wrote:
David was unpacking things in the living room. He sighed. The house was really quiet. Ms.Wright was resting on the large sofa as tiredness had overcome her. David looked outside. The neighborhood looked nice and quiet, but that probably depended on the neighbors he would have... the ones that Casey was probably meeting just then. He felt a bit of excitement in his spine. Excitement wasn't a thing that happened often to him, that was more Casey's thing. He sighed again, suddenly realizing that he was getting tired himself. He laid down next to his mom and took a nap with her.

"Howdy!" Casey would say every time she passed someone. Seeing all these new faces made her squeal with joy. But the main thing she was looking forward to was meeting the other pets. And just when she was thinking that, she saw a Shiba Inu leaning against a hand rail. She ran up to her, shivering with excitement. "Howdy! Are you a new pet here? Because I sure am! My name is Casey, what's yours?"


((OOC:I cut that down so that there was less scrolling needed to get to the bottom. I hate when there's a lot of unneeded scrolling. >.>))

Rena was pulled out of her thoughts with a yipe, and upon turning she found a female doberman standing beside her, the answer to her thoughts in a nut shell. She gave a soft sigh, waiting for her to finish before saying "Name's Rena, and please don't go around shout'n "Howdy", y'all almost gave me a heart attack. Anyways, no, I've been here for two, three years now. I live right on top of this here book store." She finished, pointing at the building they were right next too.

She gave the doberman another look up and down, and started sniffing her. When she stopped she said promptly "Let me guess, Y'all live with three others, right?" She was sure she could give more details, since identifying is one of the greater things she remembered from tracking, but she didn't want to show off. She needed a good impression, and showing off is not how you make one.

_________________
Love me right now! Done.

My PetFriendly character links
Can you hear me?<--Tesla's "volume" list.

CaptainPea wrote:
45 is my favorite color of the alphabet.

SoujiTheFox wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR


Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 64
Images: 1
Location: Belgium
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Casey giggled to herself. "...Uh, sure, Rena! You're absolutely correct! You're good at tracking, huh?" Casey stretched a bit. "I'm more of an athletics girl."

She leaned against the rail. "So, what kind of stuff do you do around here? If it's ok, would'ja mind showing me around here? And introducing me to the people here? Or maybe we could walk around and meet the pets that just moved here?" Casey stopped and blushed a bit. "...Of course, that's if you feel like it... What would you like to do, Rena?"


Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Inside a dark hospital room with needles
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
"There that's the last box, can I go check out the town now dad? Albert asked with his tail wagging like a baseball bat.

"Well you sure are in a big rush aren't ya. Well I suppose you can, but make sure to be home for' too long.

"Alright I will be. And dad, don't hesitate to page me if you have problems, you bought the pagers for a reason.

I know, now go on and enjoy yourself. Oh and heres a fourty, just don't go buck-wild with it.

And with that Albert was out the door. -I think I might just head to main street, I think I saw a hardware store, maybe I'll check it out.- He thought to himself while picking up the pace.

Once on main street he noticed a few people already there, he just attempted to ignore every one and just run to the hardware store. He went runnig as fast as he could trying to avoid any confrontation from anyone.

But instead of going into the store he had ran into the wall next to the doors because he was more focused on if anyone was going to try and stop him for anything. He stood up and looked at the wall. "Stupid wall. Seems just my luck for somthing like that to happen though"

He felt kind of dizzy after hitting into the wall, so he decided to sit down and lean his head up against the building.

_________________
Image
Image
Wanna talk? PM me!
"Demons, they live in my soup." - Leafolawl


Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:37 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17065
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Buster got to main street in about 3 minutes. once there, he noticed a dog on the ground by what looked like a hardware store.

then he noticed a couple of female dogs talking by a bookstore, so he decided to go strike up a conversation with them.

"Good morning ladies. How are you today?" he said with his usual smile.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:01 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Aerroxosity wrote:
Once on main street he noticed a few people already there, he just attempted to ignore every one and just run to the hardware store. He went runnig as fast as he could trying to avoid any confrontation from anyone.

But instead of going into the store he had ran into the wall next to the doors because he was more focused on if anyone was going to try and stop him for anything. He stood up and looked at the wall. "Stupid wall. Seems just my luck for somthing like that to happen though"

He felt kind of dizzy after hitting into the wall, so he decided to sit down and lean his head up against the building.

A dog ran past Rex, and for reasons unknown he smacked himself in the wall and sat down. He looked like a shepherd, but from what Rex could tell - he wasn't German shepherd.
Rex came close to the dog and knelt down in front of him "Are you alright, buddy?"

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: Land of the crazies
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Irony wrote:
Casey giggled to herself. "...Uh, sure, Rena! You're absolutely correct! You're good at tracking, huh?" Casey stretched a bit. "I'm more of an athletics girl."

She leaned against the rail. "So, what kind of stuff do you do around here? If it's ok, would'ja mind showing me around here? And introducing me to the people here? Or maybe we could walk around and meet the pets that just moved here?" Casey stopped and blushed a bit. "...Of course, that's if you feel like it... What would you like to do, Rena?"

"Well I'd introduce y'all to my friends if I'd had some, but pets 'round here are far and few b'tween." Rena said with her (light/thick/partial?) Texan/western accent. She looked up the stairs real quick and returned her focus to the doberman in front of her, continuing to say "Also, I'd like to go around greetin' the new folk, li-" Before she was cut off in the middle of the word 'like'.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
"Good morning ladies. How are you today?" he said with his usual smile.

Rena gave a light giggle. "Like him." She said, turning a little so she could shake his paw, and offered hers out. "Hello fellah, I'm Rena. And might I ask yer' name?" she asked, trying not to go nuts sniffing him, but instead taking slow deep breaths to both calm her down and keep her from sniffing him at the same time. She knew that rabbits usually didn't do well with being sniffed.

_________________
Love me right now! Done.

My PetFriendly character links
Can you hear me?<--Tesla's "volume" list.

CaptainPea wrote:
45 is my favorite color of the alphabet.

SoujiTheFox wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR


Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 am
Profile
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
As gage turned onto Main street he saw 2 dogs and a rabbit standing in front of the book store.

####, I cant just walk by them. I guess I better go say hi

Nervously runnining his paw along the scar where his left ear used to be he walked up to the pets. Gage couldn't work up the courage to make eye contact with the other dogs, he tried to look past them as he mumbledHi, I'm gage, are you guys new here too?

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
One would say that in small towns, especially the ones like Applegate, time had stopped. it was part of their aura, their charme. Nowadays, people ran from the stress of the big towns to find peace and quiet in the countryside.
Thus one shouldn't be really surprised to see a black 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood quietly running down Oak Street. The car was in pristine condition, as if it had just got out the assembling line. Its engine purred like a cat, as it finally turned toward civic number 17 -a small two-stories building of red bricks with a garage door near the wood-and-glass entrance.
"So, here we are, boy. Like the sign?" the woman at the wheel said. The radio, contrarily to the appearances, was giving out a nice digital execution of Jean-Michel Jarre's Oxygene part I.
The sign was square, simple, of wrought metal hanging from a wrought iron pole. It read, in white flourishing letters, Isabel Lagrange - Attorney at Law and, right under name and title, My job is Your satisfaction
The dog sitting at the large back seat was admiring the sign and the building. "It's beautiful. very different from your old firm." There couldn't have been a stranger-looking canine: First of all, he was a Czech Wolfdog, a breed that wasn't widely spread among domestic breeds in the US. His fur was a mix of gray and russet, turning to black on the back. But his most prominent feature were his eyes: slitted, cat-like pupils set in deep emerald eyes. They gave his expression a nuance of mystery, a shade of insight. That, united with the dog's ability to hide his emotions, sometimes creeped out his interlocutors.
But this time, his body and expression expressed a great joy as the car entered the garage. "I'm so happy that we're here, Mom. Thank you for choosing this place, it's awesome and it smells so good!"
Isabel Lagrange turned off the engine. her first thought was to use the remote to close the garage as well, before remembering this wasn't the big city, where insurances would put you to jail for not taking all precautions to defend your car if it got stolen... "Yup, it's the apples. I knew this place owed his name to the local fruit industry, but...well, I'm pleasantly surprised as well."
The dog opened the door, then took his trusty backpack. His mother had her leather briefcase she had inherited from her father, who got it from his father... All of their belongings had been moved here already, and no mover would be insane enough to risk the ires of a lawyer of the Lagrange, Stark & Blake...pardon, Rogers, Stark & Blake now. At least, when she left the guide of the study to her ex husband, she got enough money to live without working... But Isabel also loved to help pets and people. And working in a pet-friendly community, even on this small a scale, would do fine. At least, she wouldn't have to deal with pet mafia or something!
"Janus, dear, I am going to see if everything is in order. You go out and start making friends, OK? Lunch will be ready at one."
"Aw, mom!" Janus Lagrange whined. "I want to see if my study is--"
She silenced him with a kiss on his head fur. "Remember the deal? New place, first friends. You're such a cute guy, you're going to find a nice boyfriend faster than you think. See ya." Chuckling, she went for the door and disappeared inside their new house.
"MO-OM!" Janus exclaimed, blushing madly.
"What?" a voice said...a voice coming from the backpack the wolfdog was holding in his paws. "She speaks the truth, young mortal. Your soul is a void that needs fulfillment."
Janus sighed. He opened the backpack and produced...a skull. A human skull. "You know I can't have a normal relationship like the others, Hubert. Being gay is a problem enough, plus I have...my sickness."
The skull's empty socks glowed of a blue, supernatural light. if possible, the skull grinned widely and the orbits assumed an...amused expression. "So? You're gonna be gay, sick and with no friends at all? Your mother did not ask you to marry another pet, just to meet new people, and that is what we are going to do. Ready for your new life into the great unknwon?"
Janus pulled the skull back into the backpack and put it over his back, already covered by a green tac-vest. "Wiseghost! All right, all right. We still got some hourse before sunset, after all. So..." he drew a breath and got out on the street.
It was so quiet, without the endless stream of passerbys, without the sky filled by tall buildings...and this aroma of apples--
Janus's stomach gurgled. He patted it. "I think I'll start my new life going to that diner for a nice slice of apple pie old style." And he ran for the place whose sign read 'Art's Bar'
Inside the backpack, Hubert sighed.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 64
Images: 1
Location: Belgium
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
"Ooh, a rabbit! I've never seen a real rabbit before, I've only known dogs and cats. Are all of your ears this long?" Casey asked, inspecting him from top to bottom. "My name's Casey, and what's yours?"

Seth wrote:
Hi, I'm gage, are you guys new here too?


The corgi was barely audible, but Casey heard him. She turned and greeted him. "Hey, no need to be shy! Rena here has been living here for a while, but me and this rabbit are new as well!"
She checked him out as well and noticed his missing ear, but quickly looked away from it. It was probably a delicate subject.
Casey walked over to him and offered to shake his paw. "The name's Casey, if you hadn't overheard it already! What's your name?", she asked with a smile.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 am
Profile
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Gage concentrated on not flinching as the Doberman extended her paw towards him.
Gage.
Gage hesitantly took the Dobermans paw.
It's nice to meet you guys, but I'm actually on my way to get some lunch.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:20 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17065
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Leafolawl wrote:
Rena gave a light giggle. "Like him." She said, turning a little so she could shake his paw, and offered hers out. "Hello fellah, I'm Rena. And might I ask yer' name?" she asked, trying not to go nuts sniffing him, but instead taking slow deep breaths to both calm her down and keep her from sniffing him at the same time. She knew that rabbits usually didn't do well with being sniffed.

Buster shook her paw and said, "My name's Buster, Miss Rena. pleasure to make your acquaintance"

Irony wrote:
"Ooh, a rabbit! I've never seen a real rabbit before, I've only known dogs and cats. Are all of your ears this long?" Casey asked, inspecting him from top to bottom. "My name's Casey, and what's yours?"

"yes, yes they are. Buster shook Rena's paw and said, "My name's Buster, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Rena. Miss Casey."

Seth wrote:
As gage turned onto Main street he saw 2 dogs and a rabbit standing in front of the book store.

####, I cant just walk by them. I guess I better go say hi

Nervously runnining his paw along the scar where his left ear used to be he walked up to the pets. Gage couldn't work up the courage to make eye contact with the other dogs, he tried to look past them as he mumbledHi, I'm gage, are you guys new here too?

Buster looked at the corgi and took note of the missing ear. It could prove useful if Gage ever gets on his bad side. "Hello there," he said with his same smile he always wears.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:27 am
Profile YIM
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
It was so quiet, without the endless stream of passerbys, without the sky filled by tall buildings...and this aroma of apples--
Janus's stomach gurgled. He patted it. "I think I'll start my new life going to that diner for a nice slice of apple pie old style." And he ran for the place whose sign read 'Art's Bar'
Inside the backpack, Hubert sighed.


Art's was completely empty.
The bar was furnished with various beer ads and sporting memorabilia from the local high school
Johnny cash played quietly as a slightly overweight middle aged woman with a weathered face greeted Janus with a smile.

Hey Hon, you must be one of the new pets. Lookin for a bite to eat?

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:27 am
Profile
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Buster looked at the corgi and took note of the missing ear. It could prove useful if Gage ever gets on his bad side. "Hello there," he said with his same smile he always wears.

Gage felt a familiar pang of fear as he turned to face the rabbit.
Hey,gage said with a little more confidence, pleasure to meet you, um, sorry I didn't catch your name.
he then turned to Rena, You'll have to show me around some time, but I'm really hungry, I really should get some food in me.

Gage's mind was racingI gotta get outta here I'm about to freak out.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Seth wrote:
Art's was completely empty.
The bar was furnished with various beer ads and sporting memorabilia from the local high school
Johnny cash played quietly as a slightly overweight middle aged woman with a weathered face greeted Janus with a smile.
Hey Hon, you must be one of the new pets. Lookin for a bite to eat?

Janus liked the jingle door made when he had opened it. This place felt..comfortable. he didn't mind the place being empty.
At the woman's question, he bowed slightly. "Ma'am, my name's Janus Lagrange. My mom's the new lawyer, we just moved. And yes, I would really love some of your apple pie, that is, if you have any."

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:40 am
Profile WWW
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:
Art's was completely empty.
The bar was furnished with various beer ads and sporting memorabilia from the local high school
Johnny cash played quietly as a slightly overweight middle aged woman with a weathered face greeted Janus with a smile.
Hey Hon, you must be one of the new pets. Lookin for a bite to eat?

Janus liked the jingle door made when he had opened it. This place felt..comfortable. he didn't mind the place being empty.
At the woman's question, he bowed slightly. "Ma'am, my name's Janus Lagrange. My mom's the new lawyer, we just moved. And yes, I would really love some of your apple pie, that is, if you have any."


the waitress giggled
you're quite the formal one aren't you? Take a seat anywhere hon I'll be right back with a slice.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Janus took place near the glass. From there, he had a nice view of the road. "Mom told me manners and a good image are important to make good impression. Also, her young associate at the firm was a Japanese named Kenichi. He taught me everything I needed to know about manners."

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
Janus took place near the glass. From there, he had a nice view of the road. "Mom told me manners and a good image are important to make good impression. Also, her young associate at the firm was a Japanese named Kenichi. He taught me everything I needed to know about manners."


The waitress laughed again, well whoever taught you they did an excellent job.
She returned from the kitchen with a huge slice of apple pieHere ya go hon. My name's Emily if you need anything.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:52 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Janus inhaled the aroma of the pie, wagging happily. "Hm, yes, actually there is, ma'am. Milk. A glass of cold, whole milk. In the city, they always give that fatless, tasteless stuff and...soy milk. Ew." he couldn't help grimacing. When Mom brought him to work, which was almost every day, breakfast was a pain.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
Janus inhaled the aroma of the pie, wagging happily. "Hm, yes, actually there is, ma'am. Milk. A glass of cold, whole milk. In the city, they always give that fatless, tasteless stuff and...soy milk. Ew." he couldn't help grimacing. When Mom brought him to work, which was almost every day, breakfast was a pain.


Emily disappeared again into the kitchen and reappeared with a tall glass of milk.
Here ya go, enjoy. I'll be over there if you need anything else
Emily sat down at the bar and returned to her issue of People magazine.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Janus sipped the milk, enjoying its rich taste. Seriously, he could live off simple things like this!
He put down the glass and was about to put his fork on the pie, when he noticed a young guy with a white apron working at the fruit exposed outside a grocery store whose sign read Jo's Groceries
Janus waved to the man...and the man jumped and let a cassette of items drop.
Wisely, Janus decided not to say or do anything else and just enjoy his pie.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
(OOC - sorry for the double post, but at this point there wasn't much else he could do in this bar)

Janus paid for his pie and milk, thanked the woman and got out. Truth be told, there *was* a place he longed to see since learning about Applegate: The local bookstore.
Janus loved reading, among other indoor activities. He could spend the whole day over a book. And he loved old bookstores, the ones with the smell of old paper and dust, filled inordinately with stacks of written treasures.
in this he was lucky: Hubert too loved books and when both of them were in a library the ghost would stop nagging at him...
Janus ran down Oak until he found his destination...and other pets: A male Corgi with an ear chewed up, a female Shiba Inu with black coat, a female Doberman with a white cowboy hat and...a rabbit. A black-furred, well-toned rabbit.
Janus gulped and his tail went into overdrive. My, that guy is sooooo pretty! calm down, boy, calm down.
The wolfdog approached the group. Despite the cute presence, there were the others to consider, and he felt nervous already. "Uhm, hi there, folks. My name's Janus. Ah, I'm new in town. Glad to make your aquaintance."

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
"Uhm, hi there, folks. My name's Janus. Ah, I'm new in town. Glad to make your aquaintance."


Gage's heart sank as he saw yet another pet approachingalright Gage you're not getting out of meeting these people, so calm down.

Hi Janus. the Name's Gage, nice to meet you.

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Last edited by Seth on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:47 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Something inside Janus stirred, recognized the tension and the body language of that small dog. He bowed politely to Gage and said, "Glad to meet you. Hope we can be friends, Gage-sama." he also tried not to blush desperately at the rabbit's sight.
<Changing idea already about relationships, young mortal?> a familiar voice chided him in his mind.
<Shush, Hub!> he thought back

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:50 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17065
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Buster made a quick glance at Janus. nothing obvious I can use later like with Gage. I'll have to get to know him better to be able to manipulate him.

"Hello, Janus. My name's Buster." He Smiled his usual, reassuring smile that he always wore no matter what (can I stop mentioning the smile and just have everyone know he's doing it?)

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 am
Profile YIM
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
Something inside Janus stirred, recognized the tension and the body language of that small dog. He bowed politely to Gage and said, "Glad to meet you. Hope we can be friends, Gage-sama." he also tried not to blush desperately at the rabbit's sight.
<Changing idea already about relationships, young mortal?> a familiar voice chided him in his mind.
<Shush, Hub!> he thought back


Me too, Gage's tail began to wag a little.

Alright they all seem nice enough, and as long as we're on main street they can't do much, might as well try to be social

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Seth wrote:
Me too, Gage's tail began to wag a little.
Alright they all seem nice enough, and as long as we're on main street they can't do much, might as well try to be social

Thanks heavens, they're not staring at my eyes! "Sup, Gage! Say, wanna celebrate with a treat?" from one of the many pockets of his vest, he pulled out a stick of jerky beef and handed it to the corgi. "heaven in a bite. Hope you're not allergic."

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Buster made a quick glance at Janus. nothing obvious I can use later like with Gage. I'll have to get to know him better to be able to manipulate him.
"Hello, Janus. My name's Buster." He Smiled his usual, reassuring smile that he always wore no matter what (can I stop mentioning the smile and just have everyone know he's doing it?)

While handing the stick to Gage, Janus decided that even the rabbit's smile and voice sounded heavenly. He extended his free paw to Buster. "Very pleased. Honest." Now, where had THAT come from?!? Man, relax, relax!

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:09 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17065
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Buster shook his paw, and in doing so noticed his eyes. interesting. cat-like pupils. I may need to see if there's a story behind that.

"and I'm pleased to meet you."

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am
Profile YIM
Moshpit Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 5464
Location: We outch hyah
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
valerio wrote:
.
[Thanks heavens, they're not staring at my eyes! "Sup, Gage! Say, wanna celebrate with a treat?" from one of the many pockets of his vest, he pulled out a stick of jerky beef and handed it to the corgi. "heaven in a bite. Hope you're not allergic."

Um, thanks... Gage took the jerkey from Janus's paw and begin to chew on it.
well he's feeding me, that [i]must be a good sign.[/i]

_________________
I think in Non-sequiturs

Amateur auteur, Part time genius, executive goon, and a snappy dresser.

Only kind of a jerk.


Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:20 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
As he shook paws with the rabbit, Janus decided he wouldn't wash his paw. For a while, at least.
And the rabbit was looking at his eyes. Of course.
"You're welcome, Gage. So, what's your name, ladies?"

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 2484
Images: 0
Location: Meh
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Tia looked at her surroundings while she was walking.
She felt very peaceful. She walked down mainstreet when a bookstore caught her attention.
Wow! The actually have a bookstore. Weren't many of those back in georgia.
She peered inside
Man that place looks crowded! I guess they really like books.
Tia sighed she wondered if she should go in or not.
Do I even have enough money?
She took a wallet out of her collar and opened it.
50$ that'd be enough for a book or two.
With that she walked in.

_________________
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world


Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Inside a dark hospital room with needles
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
The Moon Howler wrote:
"Are you alright, buddy?"


As he heard a voice he looked up hoping that they weren't referring to him. But when he saw the German Shepard in front of him he knew better.

Yeah, I have taken worse blows I suppose. He eyed the Shepard head to toe. -Alright, dad said this is a chance to make new friends, I don't have to change who I am, just try to be more social.- He thought to himself. As he stood up he looked at the German Shepard with content eyes.

I'm A- I'm Albert, It's umm. Nice to meet you, whats your name? He said extending a hesitant paw out to the dog in front of him.

_________________
Image
Image
Wanna talk? PM me!
"Demons, they live in my soup." - Leafolawl


Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: Land of the crazies
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
((OOC:I'm pretty sure this is out of order and repeats, but I needed SOMETHING to make it so that I could post, and I don't feel like running backwords through the posts to think of a way to sensibly respond to almost 20 posts. I think that we should make a limit of having three posts to respond to per person, unless they specify that they want a bigger respond quota. Mine(if this goes through) will be five.))

Seth wrote:
Hi, I'm gage, are you guys new here too?

"Er, Hi?" Said Rena, as she turned to another new pet in town.
Irony wrote:
"Ooh, a rabbit! ears this long?""My name's Casey."


Seth wrote:
gage, are. too?

"Is that your, uh?" She fumbled out, trying to get a grasp on the conversation.

Irony wrote:
"shy! Rena here. but me. are new as well!""if. overheard! What's."

"Wait, am I?" She said, stammering out a broken sentence in confution.
Seth wrote:
Gage.
nice. but. actually. way. lunch.

"Is?" She said, trying on last time to get ahold of the converseation.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
"My name's Buster, Miss Rena. pleasure to make your acquaintance"

At this point Rena had stoped keeping track of the convorsation to listen for the last distiguishable sentence.

Valerio wrote:
"So, what's your name, ladies?"


Now that Things had settled down enough Rena could finally Think of something to say, she tried saying something. "I'm R-" And as she was saying that.
TensaZangetsu wrote:
50$ that'd be enough for a book or two.
With that she walked in.
And the doorway bell rang. "What in tarnation? she said, turning around as fast as she could. "Hold that thought. She said, walking toward the store.

After checking the doorknob to see if it was locked, she pushed it open and twitched at the sight inside. "Sorry to be askin' y'all for help, but my ma's store is supposed to be closed for our lunch break. Would y'all mind helping me clear the store out so that nothin' goes missin'?" She asked, Knowing that outsorcing her help would really not be good for buisness.

_________________
Love me right now! Done.

My PetFriendly character links
Can you hear me?<--Tesla's "volume" list.

CaptainPea wrote:
45 is my favorite color of the alphabet.

SoujiTheFox wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR


Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14654
Location: Italy
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
janus felt ashamed for not giving enough attention to the black-furred Shiba, who was obviously trying to make head and toe of the chaos. "Uh, sorry for my manners. Pleased to meet you, miss..?"

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate
Aerroxosity wrote:
I'm A- I'm Albert, It's umm. Nice to meet you, whats your name? He said extending a hesitant paw out to the dog in front of him.

"Name's Rex! Nice to meet you, Albert!" the German shepherd took the other dog's paw and shook it "Need some help to get up?"

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4833 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Neon Icy Wings and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.