Burning embers

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Helmetzid

Re: Burning embers

Post by Helmetzid »

good thing jax is always kind, also, where was he, cause he kinda magically appeared
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome Story, Luna. Can't wait to see where you go with these characters!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

KizerZin wrote:now I know how the Digimon emperer feels.
It would please me to be knowing the meaning behind this statement. (Anyone get the reference?)
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Big Fan wrote:
It would please me to be knowing the meaning behind this statement. (Anyone get the reference?)
I'm not really Sorry but... either you get it or don't, it has to do with how this Chapter played out... "My spire! Aghhh!"
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

Thanks. I'm a little slow, sometimes, but now that you've mentioned the spire…
Last edited by Big Fan on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

KizerZin wrote:
Big Fan wrote:
I'm not really Sorry but... either you get it or don't, it has to do with how this Chapter played out... "My spire! Aghhh!"
Weird how I now understand nothing anyone says that is said in this forum.
Thanks. I'm a little slow, sometimes, but now that you've mentioned the spiral...
Except this
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Here's the next update.

“Come on, Jinx” Jaxon said, leading Jinx towards his house, down the path to the front door, past Marx, who was playing hop-scotch.

“Hi,” said Jinx, but Marx just looked at him with wide, scared eyes. Jinx looked awkwardly at Jaxon and then back at Marx before swiftly following Jaxon who was waiting at the door.

-----------------

Jaxon Night poured milk over his cornflakes and scooped up a spoonful. He ate it happily. Munch, munch, munch.

“Dad?” whispered Marx who had crept in the room, silently. Jaxon jumped.

“Yes?” Jax asked, taking another spoonful of cornflakes.

“Jinx scares me,” Marx whispered, eyes darting about looking for Jinx. Jaxon chuckled and ruffled Marx’s fur, between the ears. Marx whined as Jinx came in, clung to his tail, and hid behind Jaxon’s chair. Jinx looked awkward again and backed out, and went outside the door. It had been ages since he’d hunted in the woods, they were calling to him, and he was wild, after all.

About an hour later, Jinx had had his breakfast, and was full with mouse; he went back to Jaxon’s house. Jaxon was staring at a picture of a snowy white cat. Jinx decided to leave him alone, and went upstairs. There he spent most of the rest of the day (the rest was spent watching the telly, alone).

Iris leaned against the fence on Tarot’s balcony, watching the sun sink lower in the sky. The sky was burnt orange in sunset.

“Honestly, I didn’t know Tarot had a balcony,” a friendly voice said from behind her. Iris glanced around to see a handsome red cat, Ember.

“Apparently, you just have to think about it and the perfect thing appears, it changes whatever happens,” Iris explained. Ember leaned on the fence next to Iris. They didn’t talk for a while, just watching the sun set. “Silly, really... I used to watch the sunset at my mum’s house, before...” Her voice trailed off. Ember looked at Iris, and Iris looked at Ember. Then, something happened that just happened, they didn’t think about it. They kissed. Iris’s paw clutched the fur at the back of Ember’s neck. Their tails entwined.

“Hey, Ember, where’s the--” Squirt said, noticed them kissing and quietly closed the door.

“Squirt! Where’s Ember?” Jaxon asked. Jaxon was standing in Tarot’s sitting room, having just run in. Squirt was perched on the arm of the sofa, reading a book called ‘All dogs go to heaven, book of the movie’, that was twice his size. Shock was on her laptop,that Tarot had created for her.

“Busy,” Squirt said. Jaxon looked stunned. He needed to see him NOW! This was an emergency!

“Doing what?” Jaxon asked.

“Snogging Iris,” Squirt said, simply.

“WHAT??!!” Jaxon yelled. Shock, however, wasn’t shocked at all.

“Well, haven’t ya seen how Ember and Iris look at each other, it was only a matter of time. What’s the problem anyway?” Shock asked.

“Marx has disappeared!” Jaxon said. A stunned silence filled the room.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

love the update. my RP character does a lot of that sudden kissing. it's fun.

can't wait for the next installment. (okay, I can, but I don't wanna)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

good, this is good, although your forgetting one thing, his name is markas, not marx, talkabout late informing huh
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

you say a love interst... I say a weakness~ HA HA Haaa~
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

also, thanks for stealing my next plot twist XD
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Helmetzid wrote:also, thanks for stealing my next plot twist XD
Sorry, I didn't know, I haven't looked at any fanfiction lately.
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

its ok, really, besides, mine is probabally cooler than yours anyways :P the afterwards anyways
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Jinx wandered into the room. “YOU!” Jaxon screamed, grabbing him by the shoulders, lifting him off his feet. “Where have you been?! Markas was afraid of you, and when I went to look at my photos, you kidnapped him!” Jaxon yelled.

“Calm down man!! I would never take your son!” Jinx said. Jaxon’s face was getting redder and redder with anger.

“Woh, Woh, Break it up!” Ember said, coming in and gently putting his hands over Jaxon and gently putting Jinx down.

“This fox stole my son!” Jaxon yelled at Ember.

“I never touched your son!” Jinx said.

“Shut up, you Idiotic, rat-faced, mangy, feral!” Jaxon hissed. Jinx turned and ran off.

“No, Jinx! He’s just angry” Ember called after the fleeing fox.

“It’s all my fault!” Jaxon said, sitting down with a thump, next to Shock, and Squirt.

“No, it isn’t” Squirt said, closing her book and leaping, lightly onto his shoulder.

“It is! I let my son play in the garden on his own, and he got kidnapped! Now, I jumped to conclusions, and now I’ve lost a friend!” Jaxon moaned.

“Jinx will get over it!” Ember said, not quite sure, he’d only known his friend for a few days.

“Even if he does, I’ll have still lost my son!” Jaxon moaned.

“I’ll find him!” Ember decided.

“Can I come?” Squirt asked.

“No” Ember said.

Ember asked around, and nobody seemed to have seemed Markas Night. But King said something suspicious.

“No. I did see a huge, green van, it went that-a-way” King said, pointing a road to the east.

Ember nodded, thanking King. He set off. After what seemed like ages, something exciting happened. Someone whispered in a familiar voice: “Hi,” The voice belonged to Squirt, who was sitting on his shoulder.

“SQUIRT! I told you to stay at home!” Ember said.

“Just because I’m a squirrel...” Squirt moaned. For a while she sulked. Then she said, “You know, you’ll never catch up with them by walking”.

“Well, what do you suggest?” Ember asked, annoyed at Squirt’s cheek. She nodded her head to a bike that had been left outside the petrol station. Ember sighed. Squirt was right.

The wind whipped Ember as he hurtled along at top speed.

Markas sat on the cold, hard bottom of his cage, hugging his knees, and crying, tears rolling down his cheeks. Markas could see the clearing far below, covered with bushes, and directly below him, a terrible monster, with vicious teeth and claws, and the built of a huge gorilla with a tiny head and evil eyes. The last thing he remembered before he was here, when he was playing in the lawn, and a green truck pulled up and a hooded man got out and covered Markas’s mouth and nose. Then he had woken up in this cage.

Ember pulled up outside a clearing and got off the bike.

“Stay here!” Ember said, dropping Squirt behind a bush.

“But--” Squirt started, but Ember interrupted.

“No! Stay here!” Ember interrupted, and, without waiting for a reply, turned and ran into the clearing. The huge monster turned its ugly head to Ember and fixed him with evil eyes.

“Ember!” Markas squeaked, reaching out his arm, groping in mid-air. The monster turned to Markas and growled and Markas cowered in the corner of the cage. The monster Launched himself at Ember and Ember dodged. The monster slowly got to its feet and charged at Ember, who dodged. It stopped gradually, and turned slowly. It bellowed, angrily, and its eyes flashed red. It charged again, and tripped, falling flat on its back. The monster struggled, but couldn’t get back up.

Ember climbed the tree Markas’s cage was dangling from, and tried to open the cage, but it was locked. “The key, where’s the key?” He asked himself. Markas pointed to a silver key around the creature’s neck. Ember cursed, and climbed down. Ember ran over to the monster and pulled the key off its neck. One of Ember’s legs nudged the end of one of the monster’s razor-sharp fangs, cutting it deeply. Ember flinched at the twanging pain, but walked to the tree that Markas’s cage was dangling from anyway. He leaned against it. The world swam before his eyes. He felt dizzy, and his head throbbed. He was sweating heavily. Ember moaned in pain, and collapsed on the spot.

END OF PART ONE
the start of part two is coming when I have finished the first update.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Oh noooo Ember is down, and Markas is still in the cage. and Jinx ran away. I like how Ember just stole that kids bike. I really want to see how they both get out of this one!
Yes, I am a furry.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

now let the "good" times roll~
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Part two!

+++++

Chapter one: New location
Update one

The mist was so thick; Ember could almost touch the swirling grey air. He wafted it away with his paws, trying to see through it. Something appeared in the mist, an orange cat... the orange cat, the one in the photo.

“Ember...” She whispered, in a cool, mysterious voice. Even though she whispered, Ember could hear it easily.

“Who are you?” Ember asked, wide eyed.

“I am a thing of your past. The past you chose to forget...” She whispered. Ember tried to walk towards her, but didn’t get anywhere.

“What? Pete told me it was an accident!” Ember said.

“No... I came to you... you chose to forget...” She whispered, “I must go... you are waking up... goodbye, Ember...” She faded into the mists.

“Will I ever see you again?” He yelled into the mists.

“I will be in your dreams...” The orange cat’s whisper echoed in his ears.

----------------

Ember woke in an empty hospital room. Every part of him ached. He felt weak and dizzy. Ember looked down and saw a thickly bandaged leg. On the side of his bed was a pile of presents, balloons and cards. Ember picked up on with scruffy writing. He opened the envelope and a card with a photo of Squirt and Ember on the front, dropped out. He opened the card and read: To Ember, Hope you get better soon, From Squirt, P.S. we know about you and Iris. Ember spent most of the morning opening cards and presents.

“Ember?” Jinx asked. Ember’s eyes fluttered open.

“Yes?” Ember said.

“I came to tell you something,” Jinx said, sitting on a chair.

“What...?” Ember asked, sitting up, painfully.

“I’m... I’m going back to the wild. I can’t stay here. I live with a cat who still blames me for her son’s kidnap, and his son’s deathly afraid of me. The wild is calling. Don’t try to talk me out of it, It’s hard enough already,” Jinx said. His mind was made up. Nothing would convince him to change his mind.

When Ember didn’t respond, Jinx continued, “So I came to give you this,” Jinx held out a necklace with what looked like a chard of a mirror. Ember took it, and it seemed to glow in his paw. Ember put it on. Jinx grinned. “I have to go now. Goodbye,” Jinx said.

“Bye” Ember said. Jinx left. Pete came in.

“Hi,” Pete said.

“Hi,” Ember said.

“Look, I think you should move, just for a while. You’ve been kidnapped twice, and Babylon gardens aren’t safe anymore, at least for now. I’ve arranged for you and Iris to go to Bailing Valley, near where Peanut’s cousin Rufus lives,” Pete said. Pete was right, thought Ember, I need to move. But why so far? I have to tell Jaxon and Shock. Ember rolled over. Pete left. Ember’s mind slipped into sleep once again.

-----------------------------------------

The mist again swirled around Ember. The orange cat appeared.

“What are you?” Ember asked.

“I am a spirit,” The cat said.

“What is your name?” Ember asked.

“My name was once Jane,” She whispered. The orange cat smiled, eyes twinkling.

“Why ‘once’” Ember asked. The cat laughed.

“That is something you are not ready to hear, just yet,” The orange cat said. “You are to wake now...” The cat grinned and began to fade.

-------------------------------------

“Ember?” The nurse asked.

“Yes,” Ember said, sitting up.

“You are ready to go,” The nurse said.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

oooh, mysterious. I like it. good update.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

nice, have a good feeling about who this cat spirit is but ima keep teh mouth shut, cant wait for the next update luna! :D
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great updates Luna. Can't wait for the next one!

So soon Ember's past will begin to reveal itself. Awesome!

Farewell to Jinx, I guess. At least for now.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter one: New location
Update two

The Blue van trundled along the aging road. Pete hummed a little, to the tune of the radio. “You all right back there?” Pete said.

“Yea,” Said Iris and Ember. Iris flicked another page in her magazine, and began to read. Ember leaned his head on his paw and slowly drifted into sleep.

----------------------

“Why can’t you tell me about you?” Ember said. The orange cat, Jane, smiled.

“Because you chose to forget, you chose to start over,” Jane said.

“Please?” Ember asked, “With sugar on top?”

“When you are prepared, I will tell you,” Jane said.

“When is that!?” Ember asked, getting annoyed with the mysterious mystic nonsense.

------------------

Ember woke with a jolt as the blue van stopped. Ember straitened up and yawned, accidently knocking Squirt off his shoulder, who got up and shook herself, before return to Ember’s shoulder. Outside was a town with lots of shops and houses. He followed Iris out onto the pavement.

“You’re staying in that house, there,” Pete said, pointing at an ordinary house, down the street “I’ve got business elsewhere,” and he got in the car. In a second the car had vanished. Ember, seeing nothing else to do, went and knocked on the door. A cheery woman with messy blonde hair and bright green eyes opened the door.

“You must be our guests!” She said, showing them in. The house had a comfy and home-y feel to it, which only old houses had. On the walls were various photos of families with dogs sitting at their feet. “LUNNNAAAA!!!!” The lady screamed up the stairs with red carpet covering it, “OUR GUESTS ARE HERE!!!!” Suddenly a blonde dog with one ear up and one ear down came rushing down the stairs. She had a green collar and she looked very lively.

“Hi. I’m Luna,” She said. Ember shook her outstretched paw and so did Iris, but squirt, who was currently hiding in Ember’s collar, didn’t. The dog, whose name was Luna, said, “I’ll show you my room!”

After a tour of the house, Ember and Iris sat on the couch, and Luna was trying -but failing- to do a handstand. Squirt shuffled from behind Ember’s head.

“Why are you hiding?” Ember said, plucking squirt off his shoulder, and dropping her on his lap.

“I’m not hiding!” Squirt said, “I’m just... sleepy” Squirt said, before scampering back behind Embers collar. Ember sighed, and Luna got off the floor.

“Hey, d’ya wanna meet the Baxtons?” Luna asked.

“What is the Baxtons?” Iris asked.

“Not ‘what’, it’s who” Luna said.

------------

A blonde dog crouched over a large crystal ball. Her the-eye-of-Ra tag dangled over the ball, banging into it from time to time. Tarot was draped in a red clock with gold swirls on it. The swirling mists that seemed to be trapped in the orb, cleared and Tarot peered at the picture forming in it.

“What does it mean?” Tarot said in earnest.

“I know,” The dragon spoke in her mind. Information downloaded itself in Tarot’s mind.

------------

“Hi,” Luna said. Ember, Iris and Luna were standing at the end of a dirty alley, in front of some bins. On the bins were three strays, One grey, one brown and one light yellow.

“Hi,” said the yellow one.

“Let me introduce you, This is Chedder,” Luna pointed at the yellow cat, “Gwyn,” Luna pointed at the brown cat, “And, Shadow,” Luna pointed at the grey cat, “And you lot, this is Ember and Iris!”

“Hi.” Said Gwyn, Chedder, Shadow, Ember and Iris.

The moon was huge and grey. The sky was full of stars. Ember leaned back on the soft pillow, and slipped easily into sleep.

------------

“...Jane....?” Ember whispered.

“You use my life name...” Jane said.

“Are you dead?” Ember asked.

“I am worse, much worse.... You wish to learn your past?” Jane said. Ember nodded.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Interesting development. I guess Ember's past will soon be revealed?

A lot of new characters! So many names, so many interesting characters.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

“The past will reveal itself” Jane whispered, before fading. “I will download it into your brain...” Jane murmered.

+++++Downloading...+++++

A flame red kitten rolled over in his cot, and a larger, greyer red cat leaned over him. “Come on, Bandit!” a voice called from the doorway. The greyer cat turned and walked out of the room, closing the door quietly. Silence. Then a rustling noise, and a huge blue lizard leaned over and gently picked the kitten and tucked him under its arm. It leaped lightly onto and open window and out into the night sky. The lizard’s long, leathery wings unfolded and it flew over houses and streets. It landed with ease in front of a large, yellow building, with padlocks and spy-holes.

The lizard leaned its head towards the spy-hole in the large grey door. “µΩॢ€≤*∞±” It rasped, and the heavy door opened with a soft click. A long, shiny hall way branched off in many different hallways. The lizard walked along the maze of corridors, its razor sharp claws clicking with every step. After a lot of walking, the lizard reached a big oak door with a gold name plate with the word EMBER on it. The lizard entered a large room with a cot in it. After the door was closed, Ember struggled out of the cot. The kitten climbed up a wardrobe onto the ledge. He dropped to the concrete and walked away.

In about five minutes, Ember’s tiny paws ached and ached. He meowed feebly. Then ember spotted a cat basket, just lying there. Ember padded over and curled up in it. He shivered as a breeze ruffled his fur and he pulled the spotted covers over his head, and fell instantly to sleep.

Ember woke, much later, somewhere dark. The kitten lifted his head, and the blanket fell off him. He was somewhere where there were lots and lots of boxes all stacked on top of each other. The cat basket ember was on, was in a box stuffed with bits and bobs, like squeaky bones and chew toys. Ember got up and leap down from the cat basket, because he’d decided to have a look around. There wasn’t all that much to see. The room was smallish and was full of boxes, so it didn’t take ember long to get really, really bored. He sat down hard on a box and swung his legs around a bit.

Then he noticed something shine, above him. An air vent was on the ceiling. He leaped onto boxes until he could just about reach it. He pulled it. It didn’t budge. He pulled again, as hard as possible, and it finally came off. Ember crawled through the small air vent. Every now-and-then, he’d have to go over a load of water pipes, and duck under various bits of stuff coming out of the ceiling. After what seemed to Ember like a lifetime of crawling, he reached a vent where there were people underneath it.

“-you know, Jack, It seems like I’ve always driven this boat,” a young lad was saying to an old man.

“Yeah, it always does, after a while” The old man said, blowing on his pipe, “whose luggage are we transporting to the north, anyway?”

“The Johnson’s family,” The young lad said, “Their a nice bunch, but they’re easily offended”

From this conversation, Ember found out about three things;

*Thing No. 1: This boat is a luggage transporter

*Thing No.2: it’s going to the north,

*Thing No. 3: Everyone, even removal men, gossip behind your back!

Ember thought over his options. Most of them, he couldn’t do. For instance, one of them was: Hijack the boat, and tie up the two me, single-handedly, even thought Ember was a kitten. The best Ember could do was sit tight and hope for the best. So that’s what Ember did.

Eventually, the boat stopped. Ember was first to slip out, into freezing snow. Ember, who was so young, he was barely outside at all, had never seen snow. He’d never felt the tingling feeling when snow found its way through his fur and melt on his skin. He’d never seen the whirling clouds of snow hit him full on. Never sunk his paws in snow so deep it came up to his chin. He’d never opened his mouth skywards, trying to catch snow on his tongue. Never flicked his tail over the surface and seem tiny clouds of snow drift away. He did now, though. He rolled over and over, leapt and dived, and pounced on snowflakes. Without him know knowing it, a pair of ocean blue eyes watched him from behind a large dusty building.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

ok very interesting update, it just jumped from one part to another, i think you should work on that. Also most of your details excluding the snow scene, were very blah and poor. It was a little hard to understand at all with the jumping and poor details. But i don't want to post an all bad comment so i will say thank you for the next installment.
Yes, I am a furry.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good update. Glad we are getting background info on Ember now.

Can't wait for the next update!
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Sorry my posts are so rubbish, just so distracted at the moment, by shiny things and my personal life...

A dark husky with shaggy black and white fur eyed the little kitten dancing in the swirling flakes. The husky had startlingly blue eyes, the colour of the sky on a cloudless day. The husky had rippling muscles under a thick layer of fur. The husky had no collar. He was free.

Ember began panting, and began to feel the cold creeping through his bright red fur. He shivered, and his teeth began chattering.

The husky thought now was a good time to make and entrance, so he padded out towards the kitten.

“Hello, kitten” a deep, rich voice said behind him. Ember spun around to see a huge, powerful husky. “W-w-w...” was all Ember’s chattering, fearful muzzle could manage.

“My name is Theodore. Nice to meet you” The husky said, holding out his paw. Ember took and shook it feebly.

“M-m-m-m... Ember” Ember stuttered. The husky’s muzzle stretched into a smile, showing deadly, bone crunching teeth, and sat down, the husky’s long, slender legs sticking out awkwardly

“Where are you going to sleep tonight, little one?” Theodore asked. In his opinion, this conversation was going his way.

“N...N-n, I...I... dunno...” Ember said eyes still wide with fear.

“You could stay with us” Theodore suggested in a mild, unconcerned way.

“U-us?” Ember said in a very small voice.

“Why, my pack of course! I am a husky. You’ll be very well looked after,” Theodore said.

“Ok-k” Ember said. The large husky got to his feet, and so did Ember. The husky walked slowly, so Ember could keep up.

Theodore looked back at the little red kitten. The kitten was cute, and very cold. They kept walking. The small dock-town became smaller and smaller as they walked on. Finally, Theodore stopped. “I need to pick you up now, because the snow becomes very deep soon” Theodore said. The little red kitten nodded feebly, and Theodore picked him up by the scruff of his neck in Theodore’s strong jaw.

Ember shivered, both with cold, and with fear. All Ember could see now of the huge husky was his strong black and white legs, disappearing into deep snow. Then the husky’s strong back legs kicked off and the slow pace the husky had once been walking at soon became an exhilarating speed that whipped at Ember’s fur. The Husky’s pace was like bounding, barely touching the snow before leaping again.

It felt good to be running again, thought Theodore. His leg muscles bunched and relaxed slightly, in the running motion that came natural to Theodore. He kept an eye on the little kitten dangling from his powerful jaws, making sure he didn’t hurt him with his legs running.

They were now going so fast Ember’s eyes were almost forced closed with the wind. But Ember was enjoying it. He loved the wind tearing at his fur. He loved the cold air whistling in his ears. All too soon, the husky slowed to a walking pace, and stopped. He dropped Ember on the crisp snow.

“We’re here” Theodore said. The little kitten looked around, and spotted and two old, broken down caravans, one blue, the other yellow. The kitten got up, slowly. “The big one with the peeling blue paint is the living area, and the other, yellow one, is the sleeping area. You’ll be sleeping in the cub’s area; it’s a shed we made out of scrap metal round the back. But first, are you hungry?”

Ember nodded. The husky padded towards the blue caravan, and Ember quickly got up and followed him. Inside the caravan, there were lots and lots of huskies. They all looked different, yet the same. A slender she-wolf that was completely black, and had amber eyes, and a long tail padded up to Theodore and kissed him. Then she looked at ember and asked, in a sweet voice, “Who’s this, honey?”

“Oh, he’s a kitten I found that needed my help, so I thought he could stay here. He might be useful” Theodore said. His girlfriend, Sue, was as beautiful as ever. Theodore kissed her back and addressed the kitten, “Come one, kitten, let’s get some down you”. The little kitten followed Theodore to the middle of the crowd of huskies, where a large reindeer was lying dead and bloody on the ground. The huskies were all taking bights out of its hide.

“Have you ever tasted fresh reindeer?” The big husky asked Ember. Ember shook his head. “You’re missing out, then!” Theodore said, and took a bight himself. Ember leaned down and took a small bight. Rich flavours that sang with the flavours of the snow. Ember took another bight, and another. Soon Ember was eating more and more, until he was full.

“Hey, Kitten! You look much better. Do you want to go to bed now?” Theodore asked. The red kitten nodded, and followed him out of the caravan, and around to the back, where a shed stood. Theodore opened it for the kitten, and the kitten slipped inside.

Inside, were a lot of little huskies, all different colours, sizes and shapes.

“A kitten! What’cha doing ‘ere?” A brown husky asked.

“Theodore said I could sleep here” Ember told him.

The brown husky made a sound like “Mmmhmmur” and walked away.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Awesome, new update! :D Also thanks for taking my advice and putting more descriptions in that one! Ohh so little kitty ember is taken in by some huskies, i wonder what Theodore has planed for him. :? Great work and its starting to get good, Hope the next one is just as fantastic! :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a furry.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

I haven't updated in a while, so here's a super long one.

Bandit Jones knocked on Pete’s door.

“Come in” Pete said, in a cool voice. Bandit turned the shiny handle, and the door opened into an impossibly large room with a huge desk, and behind it a huge blue griffon. Along the walls were large pictures of all Pete’s avatars, various cats, dogs, rabbits or mice. Behind the desk, a larger-than-life (Which is surprisingly difficult) poster of Pete stretched out along the wall.

“Bandit, my favourite avatar!” Pete said.

In any other situation, Bandit would’ve said “Your only avatar” but he was too worried, so he said “Do you know where my son is?” Bandit asked, worried.

“Yes” Pete said. He looked at Bandit’s expression, and added, “He’s fine, but he most chooses his own path from now on.”

“When will I see him again?” Bandit asked.

“In two years” Pete said, unconcerned, he glanced Bandit’s face, and said, “Look, I’m really sorry, but there’s nothing we can do, Bandit.”

+++++++++

Ember’s eyes fluttered open, and for a few minutes wandered where he was, but then remembered. He sat up. It was cold, the sort of cold that you could feel down your throat when you breathed in. Ember rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stood up. He opened the door, and began trying to struggle through the deep snow. Eventually, Ember reached the living caravan, and went inside.

Most of the huskies had already eaten there fill, and went off to sleep. But there were still some huskies, the fittest and highest rankers, (or, as their nickname was; Theodore’s club) and it was their job to make sure everyone was doing as they should. Theodore was their too.

“Good morning, kitten!” Theodore said brightly, “Hungry?” Theodore gestured to a half eaten hunk reindeer, and Ember ate greedily.

“Well, after breakfast, you’ll start your training” Theodore continued. When he noticed Ember’s blank expression, he added “You’ll become a member of our pack, until the boat comes. And, as all pack members need fighting training, so do you” Ember grinned.

“Finished?” Theodore asked Ember nodded; suddenly he wasn’t as hungry, at the prospect of fighting training. “The training will be tough.” Warned Theodore, Ember nodded again.

Theodore padded out of the caravan, and lead Ember past the sleeping caravan, and to a piece of ground covered in sand, in which, a large, fierce husky sat, eyes closed. Here, Theodore left Ember in the arena.

“You are a Master” The black husky said, his voice quite, but Ember could here every syllable easily. It wasn’t a question.

“A what?” Ember said. The husky looked younger than Theodore, only a few years older than Ember, and didn’t look like he had many muscles, but his aura, was deadly.

“You are a Master. The master of animals” The black husky said, eyes still closed.

“No, I’m just a kitten” Ember said.

“You do not understand me. You are one of the masters of the ring; fire, water, air, earth, rock, heaven, underworld, animals. You are the master of animals. You can transform into any animal, and you can control minds” the black husky said.

“Ok. I’m just here for training” Ember said.

The black husky was up in an instant, but his eyes were still closed. He slowly opened them, to reveal bright yellow eyes with no whites, just glowing yellow. As soon as he opened them, his coat began to change, blue swirls grew down his back, and his aura became almost overwhelming.

“Cool...” Breathed Ember.

“You can do it too” The husky said, without moving his muzzle. His voice had changed into a deep, powerful, meaning voice. “Focus your mind, think of nothing”

Ember tried as hard as he could, he even held his breath. “No, I can’t do it” Ember said at last.

“Focus your mind” The husky said again, not at all impatient. Ember tried as hard as he could, and a black coolness seemed to blanket him. He opened his eyes, and everything was tinged with orange, but if the black husky was impressed, he didn’t show it, at all. “Now,” The black husky said, “We train in martial arts. Attack me”

Ember braised himself and leapt at the black husky. But the husky batted him away, easily. Ember tried to hit the side of the husky, but again, the black husky batted him away. This time Ember went full on, hitting the husky wildly, but the husky deflected every blow.

“Do not hit wildly. Aim true” The black husky said. So when ember tried again, he clawed, racked, hit, bit, and kicked as wildly as he could, so that the black husky would think he was doing the same again, but as the black husky batted one of his paws away, his claws racked the Husky’s soft tummy.

Ember was suddenly thrown backwards by a current of energy, and landed with a thump in the cold snow outside the arena. “Sorry,” said the husky “old habits die hard. Now, let’s try defence. Don’t worry, I’ll sheath my claws,” The husky leapt at Ember, who was caught off guard, the black husky had him on his back, with one of the black husky’s claws at his throat. Ember swallowed.

He got off Ember, and sat in the edge of the arena. The claw marks on his chest looked painfully, and Ember felt a pang of guilt. But the black husky closed his eyes, and his blue swirls that snaked down his coat began to glow. A large light glowed in the husky’s paw, and it grew, until Ember had to close his eyes, because it was like looking at the sun.

The husky let go of the ball of light, and it hung in mid air for a minute, before floating into the deep claw marks, and the claw marks began to heal themselves, until all that was left of them was a smear of blood. “Now,” Said the husky, “Let’s try defence again, shall we?”
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Sorry I haven't updated, my brother broke my laptop. Sorry again, but this one's my friends and we have a movie marathon to watch, so this one's going to be short.

Ember staired out at the swirling snow that lashed against his window. He sighed loudly. His home sickness fealt like he was almost fealing sick but he wasn't. He missed Babylon gardens, he missed pete and his dad, his mum, everyone. His hand slipped from the glass, leaving a paw print in the steam. He didn't belong in a pack of huskys, no-one trusted him, or respected him.

"Ember?" A familier, rich, deep voice said behind him. Ember spun around and almost slipped on the fosted tiles of the carvan.

"Yes" Ember said, to the huge, black and white husky Ember knew very well.

"I need you to do something for me" Theodore said, "Something only you can do." Theodore smiled, and every one of his razor sharp fangs glistened white.

"There is a pack of cats that have lived on the border of out territory since before I became leader of this pack," Theodore said, "But every time I send a husky down there, they never come back the same, they start talking about this ghost thing the cats send at them. I recon they'll trust you, you being a cat and all, so you can spy on them for us."

"Sure!" Ember said.

"I'll send my deputy to take ya as far as 'e can" Theodore said.

The snow came up to Ember's chin, so Theodore's deputy, a slender brown husky, had to carry Ember on his back. After hours of steady plodding, The husky said in his deep, rough voice, "You see that green splodge there? That's where it is. We're out of range of the ghost thing, so, you'll have to walk".

The husky leapt away with alarming speed. Ember watched him go, and then began struggling up to the slowly growing green splodge.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well welcome back, and nice little short installment. Your brother sure is mean, hopefully you'll get a new laptop soon so we can see some more updates from you.
Yes, I am a furry.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sorry to hear about your laptop. I hope you can get online more for your story! :D

Nice little update. Ember the spy.... 8-)
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Do you know how slow and difficult typing on my big sisters old laptop when my little brother is being a pest? Not to meantion the editing typos.... Anyways, here is the next update:

The green splodge grew slowly larger, until Ember could make out every bit of the forest, from the ivy steacthing between their thick brances, to the birds that sang in the canapies.

Ember fealt his plodding slowly becoming more difficult, until he just couldn't move forward, as if there were an invissible wall streaching infront of Ember's muzzel. Ember struggled to go forward, but he knew his efforts were hopeless. Then he spotted a light blue shape bounding in the air over the forest towards him.

As it aproced, it became visible that is was a cat, it was glowing a little, and was slightly see-through. But it's eyes were beautiful, and different colours. One was the colour of melted chocolate, the other was ther purplish colour of the sea after a storm. The cat stopped running and stood about two foot above the tallest trees in the forest.

Then the cat spoke in a voice that was possibly the sweetest on earth. And yet, it wasn't sickly sweet though. "Ember..." she whispered. "Your soul is not evil... you may pass"

Suddenly the invisible wall infront of Ember dissapeared, and he fell flat on his muzzel. He got up and shook snow off his fur, and padded forward until the trees closed over his head and dappled his fur.

Meanwhile, back in real time.

The hospital room Ember was lying in was smallish, white, and had four cats and two dogs in it; Iris, Jax, markas, Shock, Tarot, and Luna. Iris looked at Ember, with a mixture of fondness and worry on her muzzel. "Is he in a coma?" She asked.

"I don't know," Tarot said. She put a paw on Ember's forehead and closed her eyes slowly. Seconds pasted. "He is reliving the past he chose to forget, this may take a few weeks to do, but luckily, each day he relives is only a minuet in our time," She said, opening her eyes.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Great job as usual luna, srry to hear about your hardware/annoying family situation, hopefully u can press through it without insanity
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good update! Sorry to hear things aren't going well with your writing efforts.

Tarot is always the best here, huh? :lol: Well, I hope Ember is well by the end of it. At least he is becoming himself once more, minute by minute.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

That's it, I'm jinxed. I twisted my wrist and broke my toe, falling down the stairs, so I couldnt go to the firework display. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The fur on the back of Ember's neck prickled, and he fealt uneasy. He turned around to see if someone was following him.

"You enter the forest" a voice said behind him said. Ember spun around so fast he almost sliped, to see a beautiful, shapely ginger cat with starteling green eyes.

"Yes" Ember said, his voice un-usually squeaky, and he felt his cheeks become hot.

"Do you want to come to the pack?" The cat asked.

"Yes!" Ember said. The cat turned, and walked off, and Ember padded eagerly, acceidently stepping on her tail. "Sorry, sorry" Ember said.

"Don't worry, the kittens do it all the time!" The cat said.

"You have kittens?" Ember asked, his face falling a little.

She laughed. "Oh, god no" The cat said, "All the good toms are gone. I meant my sister's kittens!"

"I'm Ember" Ember said.

"Jane" She said.

Squirt the red squirrel, opened the box, took out a chocolate, and popped it in his mouth. Iris slapped him, very hard.

"What was that for?!" Squirt yelled, rubbing his cheek.

"They're Ember's!" Iris yelled back. She had been on edge all morning. Squirt scowled, rubbing her cheek. Luna was standing in the corner, fealing awkward
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

sorry to hear about your horrible luck, but the update is interesting as always.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Another wonderful update. I like a good background story.

So we finally meet her. Nice...
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

I am cured! Nothing bad happened to me to-o-day~ :D :D :D :D !

Ember followed Jane as she slinked to the deapths of the forest. It wasn't long before Jane stopped and entered a clearing to the left. In the clearing, there was loads of cats. Ginger, blonde, tabby, white, brown, blue. On a pile of rock beside a winding river, a blonde cat with a long scar on his eye sat.

But almost all the toms only had eyes for a beautiful she-cat with a curvy body and shinning silver coat. She had beautiful green eyes, just like Jane's. Jane padded over to her.

"Hey sis!" Jane said.

"Hi, J." The cat said. The cat grinned. Then she spotted Ember. "Who's he?" The cat said, kindly.

"Oh, I found him wandering around in the forest. We can trust him, Veru will of let him in." Jane said.

"Yeah" The cat said, "Anyway, could you look after my kittens? Me and Nathan are going for a romantic walk!". The cat padded into a den and called "Kittens? Aunt Jane is going to look after you for a bit!".

Three kitten voices called "Yaaay!!!" and the kittens, one white and blonde, one grey, one black, brown and white, all leapt out of the den and pounced on Jane.

When Jane got up, The black, brown and white one, whose name was Triston, said, "Whose this?" looking at Ember.

"Ember," Said Jane.

Hey! Judging on my writing ability, how old would you think I am?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

writing ability is not a good way to judge age, but I'd say maybe in the 16-21 range.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

writing ability is not a good way to judge age, but I'd say maybe in the 16-21 range.
Nope! But thanks. I'm 11 years old.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.