PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

kurowolfe

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, sorry for the late posting everyone, and this might probably continue for a while... (see the Leave and Return thread for details)

And for Tuah, I was thinking of something like this for Halloween: Iban warrior

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Aquablast can bug me about it when he's ready...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

No. Wait. I got it. Phi can be Chewbacca. x3

Also, The Game seems to have been away for around five days. I'll probably just end up skipping her and moving on.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Finally, I get a chance to get online.

Okay, first off, apologies all around (especially to Moon Howler) for holding things up...school = homework and homework = not time for the Game to do anything with her life other then find the value of x

What do I need to do?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Well, speak of the devil. =P No worries, school work and such takes priority. First things first, it would be great make a short post for Alana so we can move things along.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Halloween gets closer, so we must to hurry with the things, mainly the groups of
Konnie and Alexander
and
Phi, Dusk, Rion, Alana and Varg
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well Konnie and Alexander are already in the evening, so they really don't have to speed up nearly as much as the other group. you still have to RP an entire dinner with Mystic.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well Konnie and Alexander are already in the evening, so they really don't have to speed up nearly as much as the other group. you still have to RP an entire dinner with Mystic.
That will be fast as long as I get to this
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Aquablast can bug me about it when he's ready...
Unfortunately, I have mid semester exam this week so I won't be able to our RP like usual. However, if you can reply normally at the YsF thread, go ahead. It's also fine if you want to skip your turn, I can post again instead.
The Moon Howler wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well Konnie and Alexander are already in the evening, so they really don't have to speed up nearly as much as the other group. you still have to RP an entire dinner with Mystic.
That will be fast as long as I get to this
Remember techniques of fast forwarding is always available: "Afterwards, they had a wonderful dinner. 'That was great blah blah...' Mr.Blah said."

Though that's just an option to save time and stuff that are hard to RP. If you want to RP the whole thing, go ahead!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Just a reminder that there's no need to RP everything.

You could talk about the general flow, mood and conclusions of private affairs in 1:1 conversations or here in the OoC to avoid holding up the RP if you're being waited on so as to skip the whole event while still being able to have development between the characters. Then again, not everything needs to have development and growth, that's just rushing things.

Though don't let me dictate how you should RP. :P

Addendum: Oh look Aqua said it already. o 3o
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
The Moon Howler

Me and Mystic can make it in 5-6 posts each, as long as we finish the present arc

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

The Moon Howler wrote:Me and Mystic can make it in 5-6 posts each, as long as we finish the present arc
or you could right now start RPing it over Skype then paste it in to one post as soon as your current arc is done. it would allow Mystic to RP now instead of waiting on you guys.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:Me and Mystic can make it in 5-6 posts each, as long as we finish the present arc
or you could right now start RPing it over Skype then paste it in to one post as soon as your current arc is done. it would allow Mystic to RP now instead of waiting on you guys.
I've suggested this before.

...I put off thinking about what Arin would go as. Oops. XD
The Moon Howler

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
It's not like I intended to make him wait for us on purpose, you know...

My RP Characters
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Don't worry, I'm extremely busy these 2 weeks and I will be here just... 30 minutes a day? I could do the RP on Skype too, though. As I said, I'm really busy, so I may not post in a long time (until it's using Skype).
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Moon Howler

Mystic Wolf wrote:Don't worry, I'm extremely busy these 2 weeks and I will be here just... 30 minutes a day? I could do the RP on Skype too, though. As I said, I'm really busy, so I may not post in a long time (until it's using Skype).
Or that...

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Sorry to double-post, but it's the only way this is going to be noticed. How about at Monday we make the time-skip?

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah. Spike and Arin are kind of out of things to do.
(you mean skip to the next day, right? or skip to later in the day?)

I'm cool with it.

also, was my second character ever approved? if needed, I could change her from a bobcat to a savannah cat. still a large cat that is expensive to buy, but involves less paperwork because it's feral mixed with domesticated.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

It's true. I couldn't think of a thing for them to do.

Now it's the question of who's sleeping where. *giggles*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

really, if we do a time skip to Halloween, they'd probably be sleeping at their own places.

but tonight, they sleep together.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

*POP*

Well there's no real rule against double posting in the OoC XD
It's kind of needed to make people >READ THIS THREAD<

As of right now I can see a few (to be modest) players idle/inactive/busy so I'll go ahead and abuse my assistant GM powers and put my vote to skip the rest of the day since I myself is stuck too. XD

Players are advised to just come up with how the rest of the day goes and whatever development with their characters. Those who wants to continue their line, please post a post in the OC thread saying "(reserved for PM RP)"

Time skip will be to the morning of Halloween, please discuss here in the OoC if anyone is going to volunteer their home/shop to host the Halloween party. Please not that if your character does not have means to publicize their party then only friends can be invited. Stores/business establishments can default to invite everyone.

If no one volunteers by tomorrow I'll set the party up. :D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well let's see. Arin's parents are rich, Spike has access to a fair amount of money, and Alexander owns a company. I think we have people who can publicize the event.

that being said, I don't think the gym would be the best place for a large party. but if House agrees, Arin's place is pretty big and can hold a fairly large party.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hypergenesis wrote:Well there's no real rule against double posting in the OoC XD
Though common sense is available. Ex: Don't double-post right after you made a post (like within 30 minutes.) Double post only after a day or if you have something important to say, etc etc.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:also, was my second character ever approved? if needed, I could change her from a bobcat to a savannah cat. still a large cat that is expensive to buy, but involves less paperwork because it's feral mixed with domesticated.
Umm, I guess? Sorry, can you show me the link again? It seems I didn't update the OOC for a long time lol
The Moon Howler wrote:Sorry to double-post, but it's the only way this is going to be noticed. How about at Monday we make the time-skip?
Since everyone (that posted in the OOC) is okay with it, so sure! I will skip the day at around my Monday night, which is around Europeans noon, and American's morning. Just make sure to do what Nitz said: "Players are advised to just come up with how the rest of the day goes and whatever development with their characters. Those who wants to continue their line, please post a post in the OC thread saying "(reserved for PM RP)""
Hypergenesis wrote:If no one volunteers by tomorrow I'll set the party up. :D
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:that being said, I don't think the gym would be the best place for a large party. but if House agrees, Arin's place is pretty big and can hold a fairly large party.
Just an idea; What about a Halloween party that is set in the park? If you can make the arrangement to use the park for a public event, then chances are the publication of the party can be taken care of in the same way too.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

here's a link to a link. link-ception.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay...

Two venue suggestions for our Halloween party so far..
  1. Arin's Mansion House
  2. Park
OH NOO!!!! No more time! I was 1 day late O AO...

So let's just have characters mention it as "The Party" until we get our venue fixed up for the party, though it will most likely default to the park unless Arin's owners decided she needed a bit more "exposure".

or we can have two parties. LoL..

Now for the hosts... Will default to Yorkshire's Mayor unless someone volunteers to be the host.

Party Mechanics... Defaults to Trick or Treat / adventure unless someone suggests something.

Now don't be intimidated by the number of things to do.. It's still morning so we still have 4-8 hours of planning before the festivities begin.

Now then, have fun :D
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Okay, the fourth day has officially started.

Yes, it's morning in-game, where the party hasn't begun or even actually mentioned. Feel free to discuss in the OOC how the party should be and where the party should take place. Once everyone is ready we can immediately skip to the time when the festival starts.

For anyone who didn't reserve their own post, PM me your RPs and I will put it at the post I reserved for this case!

Additional information: Day 3 happened during late summer/early fall, so only about a month or two had passed since day 3.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

and before my first post of the day, I need to know whether or not my new character has been fully approved. I actually am going to switch her to be a Savannah cat. it involves a bit less explaining. She'll still be fairly close to a feral cat, but is still domesticated.

I just need a yes or no.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yes, from me at least.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Yes
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

cool. now I can make Spike's first post of the day and Kat's first post ever. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Shoot, time to edit. *giggles*
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Bwoop! I'll be taking Shiny's post to set Arin's family as the host of the Halloween party.

Take this post as what the mayor would have suggested.

Venue: Colligi Manor... ( I can't remember clearly if it was mansion sized actually, someone please update me about this. )
Time: Party can start after 6 PM and can be hosted up until 8 Am the next day.
Guest List: Open House as there isn't enough time to hand out invites. On-site registration required to attend however.
Party Requirements: Costumed Attire

Events to be held upon discretion of the Colligi family.

Posters will be posted around major establishments in the city.
Faxes sent to prominent households.
Text messages sent to those who registered for information service.

Have fun :D

=============================================================================================

Well here's a second note. I noticed that a few players started earlier than the set up of the party. So just consider The Housefox's post as the FIRST event of the day. Every one else did their first action at least 10 minutes AFTER the conversation with the mayor.
Unless they didn't know about the party, which would then allow their actions to come earlier than the said post.

Of course there's that alternate scenario where people could have had planned little private parties for themselves, then.. Further actions upon the player's discretion.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Is it a problem if I change the costume I'll have in the party? I talked to ST and we two had an idea :3
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Nope, why would it be?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

It's close enough in size to be considered a manor.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

. . .

Right I did warn you about the devices simple things...

Now concerning..
1) Welding
>Little things... Welding little things.. Somehow that is buzzing alarms all over my head... Right, you don't really "weld" little things. Usually it's soldering or adhesives but welding is not so bad.. Until...

2) Flying
>Little welded things that can sit 15 on a tray. Flying.. Airborne.. To the park... Even if you live beside the park, there's still the road and the park is huge (read Opening post to know how big) the chances are that they would reach there.. Nuclear powered? No wait.. You welded them, the supply was in there.. No nuclear.. Batteries would overheat... Much more you only weld metal bodies, and I kinda know how heavy metal bodies can be, especially those that need welding. Now even if I over look those two...

3) Electronics
>Inside a welded body.. Every single component must have fried by now. Speakers, programmable memory chips, accelerometers, gyro stabilization... Granted Alexander MAY BE able to put together such a complex device.. Just how small are these devices that they can be sent flying like how it was posted?

And if the electronics from his company act like so... How do they avoid all the angry customers? It looks like the house has more than just a wire loose from it's electronic brain...

Cranky? Yes.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dosn't seem too unreasonable to me... though very silly...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

silly is good. it's an RP. why does it have to be realistic?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I never said it was bad.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hypergenesis seemed to be saying it was.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets