SRP: Aecros Hydris OoC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Coatl_Ruu

Re: SRP: Aecros Hydris OoC

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Hypergenesis wrote:I never tried it but I'm pretty sure there's no way you can hear something from 2 kilometers away even in sheer silence... :\
Well maybe Scott can with that amazing 9 Perception...
Could have been something else too. Hmm...

Now don't go and editing you posts just yet. I want to hear some thoughts on this first, and rescuing Roxanna is quite a priority for me too, if the dice would agree...
Well, think of it this way: she's dangling off the edge of a cliff. The average person can't hold on like that for more than five minutes or so. If no one can hear her, no one has any reason to think she's in danger. It might take as much as an hour for the others to realize something's up, at which point Roxanna will be a splat on the ground (or maybe shark chow). So, the way I see it there are three options here: the others hear Roxanna and come help, Roxanna saves herself... or Roxanna dies. o_o

I figured that Scott, with his "amazing 9 Perception" would at least be able to faintly hear something odd.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well I mentioned a cluster so there's actually something of a platform on where she is, it actually caught her to note.
The "Agi: 1-4" roll means she couldn't even react to her situation and luck pretty much saved her by then. That said, splat and shark chow would only happen if I am pure evil and keep on rolling luck rolls to see if the roots would continue to support her... No worries, I'm not.

Hm, sorry if I sounded sarcastic or snide when I wrote in "amazing 9 perception", I wasn't actually. It's just that 2 kilometers is a very long distance and to be able to hear someone's screams from that far away would be nothing short of amazing. Also did a light research on this and while it shows that it would have been impossible for anyone to actually hear Roxanna, I decided I'll just go think howling monkeys and just go along with this. (I don't trust the way on how the <World Record Entities> are recording or testing their entries as it's too artificial so I'm disregarding any "world record" feats and just taking in uncontrolled, natural occurring events.)
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

So I might do *something* if Galadan wouldn't be able to move still by the end of this week.
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

*Something*...hahaha sounds funny
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hmm... I suppose I'll take more initiative next time in moving characters along, especially on follow situations. o 3o...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Tha Modeditingfox wrote:Note that all he has to do is ask a moderator to remove said post.

I agree to these terms and I apologize for the 3-day gap in which I did not answer due to not being able to come up with anything.
What I actually meant was as long as that post which I did hasn't progressed ( what I call as being responded to ), I would gladly take it back ( edit it out ) in case the player finds it unsatisfactory or would want to do another action instead.

But yeah, I could also ask a mod for that. ^ w^
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I will be gone for the weekend. I will return in the late Sunday (GMT+2)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
theblackcateyes

the trio went to the camp after have rescued rox
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay, sorry for the delay there, it kinda slipped my mind that I was supposed to make a move post there.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hypergenesis wrote:
Tha Modeditingfox wrote:Note that all he has to do is ask a moderator to remove said post.

I agree to these terms and I apologize for the 3-day gap in which I did not answer due to not being able to come up with anything.
What I actually meant was as long as that post which I did hasn't progressed ( what I call as being responded to ), I would gladly take it back ( edit it out ) in case the player finds it unsatisfactory or would want to do another action instead.

But yeah, I could also ask a mod for that. ^ w^
*giggles* It wasn't on purpose. I hit "Edit" instead of "Quote because they're right next to each other and didn't even realize it until the next day. x3
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Heh. Well that happens, so I don't really mind. I only wrote it that way to get back at the "HyperMeschy", flattered that someone would give me another nickname.

Anyways, seems like we've entered a dormant stage, but I would really like to request the players to post even if it's just at least once a week as so that I'd know that this hasn't gone down to neglect yet.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Heh, I think that there is a bit of chaos. I haven't talked to any of the rescuers yet because they are 30 minutes (more or less) later than us, because of the travel. We just ate 2 berries and talked a bit. If I am wrong I'll edit my post.
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

No, you're most probably right. Though the conversation could have taken place a while after they went to the rescue.

If anyone does start talking to them, you could consider that the stay at camp group have been discussing quite a bit already. It could be discussed via Skype, IRC, PMs or here too, just so that the rescue group isn't alienated.

And as I'm busying myself with something at the moment, I'll update the stats tomorrow.
theblackcateyes

Guys, Moony can you take care of Rox for two weeks?

I have to leave, studing bye
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Good Luck.

and sorry if I haven't been updating the OoC too much, it's just I've been too lazy to update only 1-2 things unless they were major updates o 3o...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well, I waited a bit too long to post this...

So it seems a good number of players have been dormant for some time... Would the remaining members want a player substitution or should I move the others for the moment?
theblackcateyes

hello! I survived to the harder tests of my life :) so here i am again, ready to go back to the game! what did i miss? where and when can i join? i can wait whatever you want :D
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

No no, I was asking if the current players want me to:
a) Just control the other characters while their player's are not around
or
b) start looking for substitute players who will play the inactive charaters

If you're part of the RP already you get a choice between a or b.
theblackcateyes

I have to say B....maybe there is another new blood in the forum that wanted to play ;)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well I'm leaving 2 more days to see if any other players are still there.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I'm sorry if I haven't posted in a while. The thing is that I'm really busy with exams and homework and I haven't been able to sit to write a good post. When I finish these exams I think I'll be able to post again. I'm sorry >w<". If I have a chance, should I post?
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Moon Howler

School, university, gollege... we all have this curse upon us. Most of us don't have the Time.... so I think I'll choose B as well. No point in killing a good SRP, just because we are greedy and don't want to leave and therefore - screw it. It was good as long as it lasted, but school/University/college are priorities. Sorry, Hyper!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh, those things ^ w^... In that case...

We can have a break if any of you would want that. Maybe just until the winter break starts?
The Moon Howler

Well, if you put it that way - that Idea sounds good to me!

My RP Characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm fine with whatever.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hmm, I'm late again...

It looks however that there are only 4 players left...

Updates are:
1) There was someone interested in joining so one of the two inactive players (Zander and Coatl_Ruu) may be replaced.
2) To whoever is or will be busy, please PM me when you might be able to resume normal activity.
3) Once we have everything settled clear, I will assume slight control of any missing members until
  • They return.
  • A new player is willing to control the character.
From here on inactivity will be 48 hours of not posting when it's your turn. Just as a reminder: There is no turn rotation.
However if the RP is informed of the player's predicted absence then they will have until 48 hours of their expected return to post.

Not sending me a PM will be taken as you being free. Everyone has until Monday to send a PM.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Alright then, let's see if I can't do anything.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Time's Up! As much as I regret to inform, Zander is now relieved control of Torrid due to inactivity.

Taking his place will be simple things, I hope we can welcome this sudden change.
(( Zander, PM me if you can return to a regular posting rate. ))

Now since no one informed me of business in their schedules, the RP is back to normal progression. ( Expected daily posts/ updates )
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

It's awesome to be aboard guys, and i am sorry if i caused too much trouble for you Nitz.

(On another note, The Moon Howler, Ahem. http://www.picshag.com/show.php?f=pics/ ... cs-big.jpg)

That is for you, to you, and for you fully my friend. I will be sure to send you the song itself.

Thank you

~Simple things.
The Moon Howler

For personal notes, there are PM's, ST, also you do NOT want to join on Skype conversation with me now :twisted:

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

o 3o... Seriously? Not even one post and in 7 hours simple things will be marked inactive already? XDD

Now I'm sad in a way.

Housing crew, any plans to move it up?
Else I'll be posting for Axel, Scott and Torrid... Do we get breaks for holidays? XD
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I was waiting for a reply of Torrid, I thought that he would have said something >w<

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Moon Howler

Do you how hard it is to make him post?

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Mystic Wolf wrote:I was waiting for a reply of Torrid, I thought that he would have said something >w<
Torrid was with Galadan's group so there was no need for you to wait for him. XD
The Moon Howler wrote:Do you how hard it is to make him post?
Like getting an airplane to land over a teacup without breaking it?

============================================================

Now shame on me for not noticing what was actually happening... but I guess I had let it go so the 1 cm pool of water is now a 5 foot deep pond = w=...

I was actually waiting for ST to post before actually moving Torrid, Galadan and Roxanna to camp. It's a one hour walk from where they were to the camp so a lot could have happened on the way. Since there are already two posts while I was playing Dungeon Defenders survival, I'll be making the post to move the characters AFTER what they would have done :D

Silly me.

===============================================================

Okay posted, tent team has to finalize what kind of tents they would want to build.

Building the big tent would take at least 45 leaves while smaller tents would need 20 leaves each.
Unlisted leftover branches have been used to create the prototypes but it looks like they won't support the weight of the tents or the ones who are going to be sleeping on them so better wood needs to be found before construction of the actual tent(s) and beds can begin.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

On last 3 posts:
  • Time: Synchronized.
  • On twigs and branches, normally loose bits of trees will only be twigs that snap off due to various reasons. To get sturdy branches for construction, you normally would need to break them off personally by doing various tasks on them. Large branches found on forests floor are normally due to climbing animals, a natural chain reaction, like a landslide, and lightning.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hmm... The fact that this is makes a triple post kinda irks me...

Roxanne (blackcateyes): Am I supposed to roll dice for you or is Roxanne delusional? It's very unclear so I haven't done anything to it.

Axel (Mystic Wolf), Drake (Tha Housefox), Torrid (simple things): It's been 48 hours, still no post?
  • Mystic: I see you online.
  • Housefox: Busy with school? You're not posting anywhere.
  • simple things: You are online now. I hope you can read this.
Edit: My mistake
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

Hypergenesis wrote:Galadan (Tha Housefox)
Since when has my char became his?

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

simple things...

I was under the impression you actually read how to post in an SRP...
simple things wrote:Torrid stretched his back, a few pops came from here and there, and he sighed in relief as some of the compacted pressure eased away. "Zis is going to ve a velly tough time." The Husky muttered under his breath, before retrieving his machete and proceeding to a tree on the far side of the camp ground.

Torrid swung his knife across some of the lower branches, panting lightly as he watched bits and pieces of the branches fall, along with a large branch falling onto his foot. "OWW!" He grunted, cussing under his breath and continuing to chop away at the tree.

[Rus] "This stupid branch, what the heck is wrong with me..."[Rus]
This isn't like the normal RP where the player chooses the conclusions for his/her characters actions. I'd like to request that you change the post to an open ended one like the others or I will invalidate that action.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

the funny thing is, i just remembered that... Something is wrong with me too... SMH

My bad, i forgot since i was hyped up before, and didn't say anything, i'll change it now.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I'm sorry that I'm busier than usual... I'll try to post the soonest possible, though >w<

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image