My life as Laz

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

The Game

My life as Laz

Post by The Game »

Yeah i haven't finished Peanut's Choice but I'm writing this, sue me. I can't think for that story but I can for this one, so here it is!
Did anyone catch the title by the way?

Chapter 1-Moving Day....Again

To start, I'm really mad at mom for getting me this diary. I don't care about writing my feelings, I'd much rather yell them. How am i supposed to start a diary anyway? Is it like a 'dear diary' thing? That's to sappy. I'll just start (by the way I'm writing as this happens).

I sigh, packing up my things again. Actually like the 1000000000th time, but who's counting?
"You done yet sweetie?" my mom calls.
I purse my lips. "No. And I still need to go see Sonny."

I hate this. The whole moving deal. Who invented moving anyway? If I ever find them they'll get it...

After zipping up my suitcase I look in my mirror. But it won't ever be my mirror again. The white stripe on the top of my head, contrasting with my jet black fur, grabs my attention. I stare at it a while, then realize I'm crying. No crying yet silly kitty. Tears can come after you say bye to Sonny.
Oh no. Sonny is my best friend in the whole world. I can't leave her, I just can't.
I smile, remembering the stupid stuff we've done. Like the time we made a Jello water balloon, and dropped it on her brother's head. That had been hilarious. I stand there, laughing until I feel a hand grip my shoulder. I turn to see my mom grinning at me. Without asking she grabs my suitcase. "You ready?"
"No."
"Let's go then."
Sighing I follow her down the stairs. I can see the moving truck in the driveway.
Wait a sec, who's the cat running towards the door....
i run to the door and meet Sonny there. Without talking we hug and start crying. "You can't go! I won't let you." she sobs. I cry harder. "I wish Sonny, but I have to go."
"Lazar Johnson you're not going anywhere! You just moved here!"
We grip each other tighter. "I-I know but I have to Sonny. I wish I didn't...."
"I wish you didn't too."

Then we both can't stop crying and hugging each other. We stay like that for what seems like an hour before my mom pries us apart. "We have to go now Lazar."
Sonny won't let go. "No; what will I do without my best friend? How will I go on!! Mrs. Johnson, if you loved me you'd stay."
My mom smiles and hugs us both. "I do love you Sonny, like your my own pet, we have to go. Lazar's dad is already in Ohio waiting for us."
"But Ohio is so far away! It's like, a billion miles from California!!" Sonny wails. She let's go of me to stare at my mom with big, red eyes. "Please stay."
I interject before my mom can answer. "I can't." it's a whisper, barely audible. "We can't. I'm so sorry Sonny..."
She stares at me a second then bites her lip. She takes an angry step away from me. "Then have fun in Ohio you good-for nothing, so-called best friend! if you were really my best friend you would stay, not ditch me for some other cat in freakin' Ohio!!"
"Sonny", my mom starts. "Calm down."
I nod. "That's not true Son, and you know it-"
"SHUT UP LAZ! JUST SHUT UP!" She turns and then she's gone. Dang that girl for being so fast.
I glare at Mom. "Are you happy, my best friend's gone now. There's nothing left for me in this place." She looks at me sadly. "Let's go."
I sneer. "You don't have to tell me twice." Then I angrily grab my suitcase from her and march to the car.

The car ride is incredibly silent. Like you can hear a pin drop...or an angry cat silently seething. The airport is like, 20 minutes away, so we're not in here long. I stare out the window, my arms crossed over my chest and smoke billowing out of my ears.

We arrive and see the moving truck that had been following us take a detour and start on it's long way to OH. My mom opens the trunk and hands me my suitcase. I take it without a word.
I'm not going to go into detail about the airport. I'll sum it up as best I can.
It was packed, busy, loud, and giant. I'm not a kitten and I still feel pretty dang tiny. The security takes forever and I'm forced to remove my collar, leaving me (ahh!!) naked in front of everyone. Total nightmare. I would be madder about that, but my mom got us tickets in first class, and I don't have to go through that pet flying stuff, so I'll cut her some slack.
Some, not a lot.
Soon we're boarding the plane. Mom rubs my head, but I'm officially ignoring her so I don't react. She sighs and sounds so tired and sad I want to hug her...but if you read the previous sentence you'll know that I didn't.

There's the loud sound of the engine, and soon we'll be airborne. I would elaborate on the take off but my ears are popping so loudly I can't hear myself think. And the kid behind me is laughing at me for writing. Maybe later Diary. Emphasis on maybe.

-Yours annoyed, Laz J.

Ack! So many typos! Sorry, tell me if you see anymore.

Chapter 2- First Day

Okay, so I've decided I'm gonna call you you Life. So that way I can be like 'I'm so annoyed Life' or something. But anyway. (Right now it's night time so everything's past tense)

We got to Ohio at sometime but I was asleep. Mom apparently thought it would be fine to let me sleep and carry me to a cab, then to our house, then to my room. I was so freaked out when I woke up. Let's just say Mom doesn't like my surprised vocab.

And get this: Ohio is cold-ish! Even in summer! It's like, 60s now, and this is July!

My room is upstairs again, with a GIGANTIC window. It takes up like, the whole wall. There's blue (my fave color) lining everywhere and the wallpapers blue too. I have to say it's not bad.

I was forced to go outside and meet some people, but I felt really traitor-y, so I tried not to talk too much. My neighbors on the right were pretty boring. They have a puppy, who is waaaay too hyper for his own good. I don't think I'll like him too much, 'cause when he saw me he would not shut up. he started jabbering and drooling and-ick. It was nasty.

Okay, so on my list of people in my neighborhood (which is more like a street then a cul-de-sac or something) I have an over-happy dog and an emo cat. I told you about the pup, but the cat's a whole different story.

She was entirely black, eyes too. I'm not even kidding; I actually thought she was a ninja at first. And her 'style' was so...nightmarish. Like, she wore 4 spiky bracelets, two on each arm, and a spiked collar. Her tag is a skull. She wears a skull headband, and get this, she was chewing on a skull squeaky bone. It was so creepy! I wanted to scream and run away, but being the social person I am, I talked to her.
Bad mistake.
Our conversation consisted of the following:
Me (the oh so awesome Laz): "Hi, I'm Lazar Johnson, but you can call me Laz. I'm new here."
Bleak (her darkish name): "The world will swallow you up if you don't go away."
Me (freaked out): "Um....what!?!?"
Bleak: *jumps up and freakin' bites me!* "ROAR!!!"

My neighbors are just oodles of fun.

So yeah, I ran home screaming after that, and explaining to my mom how I hated Ohio and wanted to go back to Cali. But she didn't listen, and instead told me to (and I quote)
1) shut up
2) sit down
3) write Sonny a letter if I felt so annoyed.
So I did, and here it is:

Dear Son,
Hey Sonny! Sorry about the day I left...I really am. I didn't want us to leave like that, or leave period. But ya know. Unfair-ity and all.
Okay, so we're in Ohio, and it sucks. A lot. It's so terrible here. For example, my neighbors. One is a , bitey, bipolar, emo and the other is a coffee-on-steroids-on-sugar puppy.
Neither of them are as awesome as you.
I really miss you Sonny, hope you forgive me...

BFFLS!
-Laz

It's kind of a fail right? Oh whatever, I won't send it anyway. Sonny probably hates me now. Well anyway, I'm full of meat loaf, mad, sad, annoyed, and sad so I'm going to go to bed now. Sleeping makes me feel better. G'Night, Life.

-Yours still annoyed, Laz J.

Chapter 3- First Day Second Try

Since yesterday was a total fail I'm having a second try at it today. Wish me luck Life.

-2 hours later-

First of all: ow! Bleak bit me again! But our conversation was...more... progressive-ish this time:
Me: "Hi, I'm Laz. I moved here yesterday."
Bleak: "I know who you are loser. I'm Bleak."
Me: "Nice to meet you again Bleak."
Bleak: "No, it really isn't." *jumps up and bites me*

I mean really chick?!? When I'm older and successful I'm so gonna bite her back.

And the bite wasn't even the worse part. Today she doubled the amount of spikes on her arms and neck, her headband was replaced with a freakin' crown made out of plastic bones and her tag was a human head replica (her owner I think) with a knife in it! That chick is so scary!!!

Remember the puppy? His name is Licorice, even though it should be Caffeine or something. He was twice as jumpy as yesterday...if that's even possible. Our conversation went like this:
Me: "Hi I'm Laz. I moved here yesterday."
Licorice: "I remember you!! I'm Licorice!!! Do you like to play!?!? I do!!! Hey did you know you smell like coffee!!!? I love the smell of coffee!!!!!"
Me: " ....Look at the time...it's...something o' clock...I have to go BYE."

Then I got away from him. Fast.
I ran full speed up a tree....and collided with someone. And get this, that someone was a dog. In a tree. (Care to explain life?)
And he was cute. Very cute. He had black and white fur with a dazzling smile. I ran into him while he was listening to music.
Me: "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!"
Cash: "No it's okay. I don't think we've met before, I'm Cash."
Me: "I'm Laz. I ,uh, just moved here yesterday."
Cash. "Really? Cool. Where did ya move from?"
Me: "Cali...LA actually."
Cash: "Cool!!! Did you like it there?"
Me: "Like it? *snorts (oops!)* I loved it! It was way cool there and my bff was awesome."
Cash: "Cool. Do you like it here?"
Me: "I'm liking it a bit more right now..."
Cash: "Have you made a friend? Besides me I mean."
Me: ".....No....."
Cash: *grins* "You met Bleak?"
Me: "Yeah."
Cash: "Isn't she...."
Me: "Special? Heck ya."
Cash: *laughs* Hey lemme help you down."
Me: "Okay, thanks."
-on the ground-
Cash: "Do you have a cell?"
Me: "yeah."
Cash: *writes on a piece of paper from...where?* "Here's my number, call me sometime."
Me: "Thanks. I so totally will."
Cash: "I have to go, see ya later Laz."
Me: "Bye!"
Then he's gone.

Isn't he like, awesome!! Now I just need to know when to call him. (wish Sonny could help me with this...)

And, that's the longest I've talked to anyone in this place so far. Would Sonny be mad? I wonder...

ps- Life, did you make this place better for me? if you did, stop! I want to like Cali more!

-Yours partially on cloud-nine, Laz J.

Chapter 4- The Worsest Day on the Face of the Planet

Dear Life,
Today was the worst day EVER! I hate it with ever fiber of my being. Let me explain...

Cash invited me to go to the neighborhood pool with him today, which is weird when you think about, since I'm a cat but whatever. I was so happy that we were gonna hang out that I forgot to mention a big detail. We got there and this peppy golden retriever was there, and when she saw Cash she tackled him.
Dog: "Cashy!!!!!" *makes a big show of kissing Cash*
Cash: "Whoa, Effie...uh...stop. (he's cute when he blushes!) This is my friend Laz, Laz this is Effie."
Effie (aka Dog): *looks at me with disgust* "Hi Laz."
Me: hi...Effie...
Effie: "What does Laz stand for? is it like a nickname? What does it mean?"
Me: "Actually it's short for Lazar."
Effie: "Ew! Doesn't that mean a person infected with a disease?"
Me: "What do you mean by that?" *becoming the ready-to-fight Laz*
Effie: "Nothing, I was just asking. Let's swim!"

Then she dragged the both of us inside, past the human lockers, and pet lockers, and to the pool itself. I was surprised at how many people were there, and how deep the water looked.

Maybe that was because I can't swim.

Anyway, Cash and Effie, jumped right in, but I kinda backed away from the water's edge.
Cash stopped splashing Effie to call for me to jump in too, but I shook my head. So Effie came out of the water to try and talk me into swimming.
Effie: "It'll be fun!"
Me: "No thanks, I'll just lounge by the side."
Effie: Why did you come if you weren't gonna swim?"
Me: (good thing I'm good with lies) "I wanted to see what this place was like."
Effie: "Then come see what the water's like!"
Me: "No thanks..."

Then Effie went crazy, because she grabbed me by my arm, and threw me into the water.
I went under, and immediately felt like I was gonna die, so I tried to breathe and sucked up lots of water. I started choking and flailing and I was about to give up when the lifeguard fished me out. I hacked up water, and as I did that he carried me out of the water. cash was freaked out and came running over to me.
Cash: "O my God, Lax are you okay? What happened??!!?"
Me: "Effie...*hack* pulled me... *hack hack* in..."
Cash: "Really??!?/She told me you yelled in her face, then stood up to storm off and slipped and fell in. I didn't really see though."
Me: "Are you...serious! Where is she?? I'm going to kill her!"
Cash: "Why?"
Me: "For pulling me...*hack*...in then lying about it!! Where is she??"
Cash: "Laz she wasn't lying. I don't think she pulled you in. Maybe she tried to take you by the arm and lead you in and you overreacted..."
Me: "Cash are you serious?!! That chick is out to get!"
*Effie comes running over, looking all sad and guilty like*
Effie: Oh my God, Laz are you okay!?? I'm so sorry! I warned you to be careful though!" *hugs me*
Me: "Get off of me you serial killer! Why'd you try to drown me?!?"
Effie: "I didn't! You slipped and fell in! Didn't she Cashy??"
Cash: "yeah, you kinda did Laz."
Me: "But you just said you didn't see!!"
Cash: "Laz maybe you should chill. I'm sure Effie didn't mean to make you storm off..."
Me: "Are you serious!? I can't believe you believe that little lying, out to get me, son of a...
Cash: "Laz! Are you serious?! Shut up!! She said she was sorry!"
Effie: "I really am!" *smiles at me with a no-I'm-not-and-I-can't-believe- you-lived look*
Cash: "Let's go Effie. I think Laz needs to cool off a little."

Then he and Effie walked away from me. That little....I can't believe Cash was on her side. Now I'm soaking wet so I can't even nap. This day sucks!!
ps- I reallly really really wish Sunny was here

-Yours to never again be seen with Cash the Jerk and his evil girlfriend, Laz J.

Sorry for the long doormat-ness.
Last edited by The Game on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Neko

Re: My life as Laz

Post by Neko »

Poor laz :(
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Update!
fast eh? I wanna write this one cuz I can actually think for it!!!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

wow, i hope Laz gets some good luck soon...
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Huh, I'm really interested in seeing what happens here. Good job, keep it up!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I can't wait until it's updated!
The Game

Post by The Game »

update....
Zander

Post by Zander »

I cant wait either! i'm loving this story!

And for grammar, on the second chapter, second to last sentence, you said sad twice. (Nvm)
Last edited by Zander on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

Zander wrote:I cant wait either! i'm loving this story!

And for grammar, on the second chapter, second to last sentence, you said sad twice.
that was on purpose
Zander

Post by Zander »

Oh, sorry. xD anyway, i like your style of writing.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

thanks, i suddenly got obsessed with first-person. I'm not sure why. :lol:
Zander

Post by Zander »

I didnt write first-person in my story because i thought there would be massive amounts of quotation marks.
But you did it pretty good.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

okay, at school we've had 2 1/2 free class periods cuz of TAKS and I a drafted about 5 chapters (no lie). I would post them all but I still have to type and what not, but the the next update will/maybe be today.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Wow, it's been forever.
Update!!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Gah! That was well mean by Effie, silly little gurl <.<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Love the story.
P.S.
Is that Wounder on you Avi?
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
The Game

Post by The Game »

yes, yes it is.
isn't she cute?
Laxan drew her for me.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I am glad you updated this! I really enjoyed it, and this update is great as well! Seems like Effie is the antagonist. (Although, I really like villains. Even in this.) Still, poor Laz.