HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jimmy Jazz

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Octavian felt very awkward with all the other pets. Not only because of Ravs remark, but just the entire group.
so to escape he wandered into the kitchen (partly because he wanted to find out what was in the stew).
"hi" he said to Ravs mom (Owner?) and walked a bit closer. "Whats in the stew?" he asked feeling even more awkward then he was in the living room.

what what? Jolly good time.
Keeshah
Game Master

Were cooking now!

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Octavian felt very awkward with all the other pets. Not only because of Ravs remark, but just the entire group.
so to escape he wandered into the kitchen (partly because he wanted to find out what was in the stew).
"hi" he said to Ravs mom (Owner?) and walked a bit closer. "Whats in the stew?" he asked feeling even more awkward then he was in the living room.

Sara kneels down to be on eye level with the exploring fox pet, rubbing him warmly between his ears.
Well hello there hansom. She replies. Do you have special dietary needs, that your worried about? I'm pretty sure all pets can eat this.

She gets up an gets the recipe card for the stew, then kneels back down with the fox.
It has tender slow cooked beef, carrots, peas, sweet onions, stewed tomatoes, an fingerling potatoes, in a rich thick sauce, great for dipping your bread in, or over fresh baked biscuits. an here is the list of spices an herbs in it, see anything you can't have?She enquires.

Do you want to help me get the biscuits rolled out an into the over? Oh, an I am Sara, by the way. an you are called?
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote: Rav looks up into Venison's eyes.
An whats your story? what happened to your collar an owner? were you also tagged like me??
'They never fail to ask that. Every single pet, every single human,' thought Venison. At first the question was a problem. Humans would report him, pets would be suspicious when he didn't answer it. So, Venison decided to get his facts straight. Or complete lack thereof. Venison once again spun his standard lie, one that would keep him in town no more than a couple of weeks. That was really all the time he needed before he had to move on anyway.

"Well, I don't have a collar," Venison said frankly. "What matters is the information on the dog tags. You all know that, right? I may not have a collar, but I don't need one. Take a look at the handle of this thing...Break it, and I break you." Venison took off his leather necklace strap, which had the lockpick hanging on it. On the handle was fake dog tag information. It had his name, a phone number, and an owner's name. The owner didn't exist, the phone number was disconnected, and there was a fake last name of Crocker, to coincide with the owner's fake name. Of course, it was impossible to tell this was all fake. The information was expertly inscribed into the metal handle, like as per normal dog tags.

"My owner is a locksmith," Venison lied. "That would explain a lot, would it not? As for why I'm here alone...My owner and I live in a van, where he also works. We travel a lot. But sometimes, when I'm out, he gets calls for emergency unlocks, and doesn't have time to search for me. We have a system by now. I just stay in the area I was left in, and he eventually comes back to get me. Sometimes it takes a long time for him to come back. Standing record is a month and 3 days. I've learned to survive well enough on my own."

Venison looked down. "Although survival sometimes depends on stolen food. That would be this morning's incident. And that's what I save my emergency money for; apologies and damage reparations, so that humans can't complain about my doings."

"So. I'm not from around here, and everything I do is based for my own survival. I never steal anything other than food and water. Actually, that's a lie. I need to steal medical supplies. And sometimes other useful things, like duct tape, and binoculars..."

"Binoculars. Oh d***it. Without those, I'm nearly blind. I can't see very far. Can't even make out detail on that oversized TV screen."

"To recap. I'm a locksmith's dog. That locksmith is out of town. I steal food, and only food, to survive in the meantime. I never steal valuables. And if you missed it, my name is Venison, although some have nicknamed me 'Buck' or 'Vince.' Either works," stated Venison.

'Perfect. I'm sure they bought that,' thought Venison. "Any questions?" He said.

(OOC: You need some ridiculously high perception to even detect there was something up with a 50 time retold story. Of course, Venison is actually a stray, but avoids telling his past at nearly all costs, as you can see. You'll eventually get the true story, but for now...)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy slowly looks over and raises a hand. "How do you pick locks if you have bad eyes?"
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Keeshah
Game Master

Doggie heart to heart talk..

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "Well, I don't have a collar," Venison said frankly. "What matters is the information on the dog tags. You all know that, right? I may not have a collar, but I don't need one. Take a look at the handle of this thing...Break it, and I break you." Venison took off his leather necklace strap, which had the lockpick hanging on it. On the handle was fake dog tag information. It had his name, a phone number, and an owner's name. The owner didn't exist, the phone number was disconnected, and there was a fake last name of Crocker, to coincide with the owner's fake name. Of course, it was impossible to tell this was all fake. The information was expertly inscribed into the metal handle, like as per normal dog tags.

Rav looks over Venison's tag, nodding his head. having seen many different vanity tags before, he is not suspicious of this one. He completely misses the fact it is lacking Venison's pet ID number, that humans would use to trace his ownership an linage.
I knew you were not a feral, you don't talk or act at all like a feral does. slowly swishing his tail side to side, as he listens to his story.
"My owner is a locksmith," Venison lied. "That would explain a lot, would it not? As for why I'm here alone...My owner and I live in a van, where he also works. We travel a lot. But sometimes, when I'm out, he gets calls for emergency unlocks, and doesn't have time to search for me. We have a system by now. I just stay in the area I was left in, and he eventually comes back to get me. Sometimes it takes a long time for him to come back. Standing record is a month and 3 days. I've learned to survive well enough on my own."
Rav tilts his head off to the side, settling down upon his haunches relaxed.
That seems kinda irresponsible on your owners part..
Scratching intently at an itch behind his ear. (scratch) (scratch), an no not with his hind paw. :P
IF you don't mind, I could ask my owner to make arrangements with your owner to allow you to stay here with me, when you owner runs off out of town. Then you wouldn't have to worry about where to get food, shelter an water, or getting hurt while he is away. or run over by a car you did see in time.
Rav blushes a little.
An to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a friend, to kennel with me. when my owner is at work, i have to be locked in my crate.
(OOC: You need some ridiculously high perception to even detect there was something up with a 50 time retold story. Of course, Venison is actually a stray, but avoids telling his past at nearly all costs, as you can see. You'll eventually get the true story, but for now...)
(OOC: did Rav buy the story, hook line an sinker, an wants to help him out the best he can. or did he see through the story, an wants to keep venison close where he can keep an eye on him?)
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Keeshah
Game Master

To pick or not to pick! locks that is...

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:Balbaroy slowly looks over and raises a hand. "How do you pick locks if you have bad eyes?"

Rav gives Balbaroy the intense sniffing over has he has with all the other pets so far..
I'm afraid i missed getting your name when you came in , with the vixen right? Rav's ears pinken again.
I was kinda gaa-gaa over meeting a new type pet, an missed it if you told me your name before.. I am Rav, offering his paw to shake.
Rav looks back an forth between the two dogs.
I don't know what picking locks is.. purrrhaps you don't need to see well to do it.
he shrugs with his shoulders...
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"Was the recap really necessary?" Milo asked before turning to Balbaroy. "He could be near sighted." Milo suggested.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"Oh, I'm Balbaroy, nice to meet you." He nods in response to Rav, about to offer a hand to shake when he's talked to by Milo, which leaves him a little baffled. ".... wait, what?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"uh, no I'm not on a diet" he said "my name is Octavian. besides, wouldn't i get hair in the, uh, biscuits?" he asked.

Keeshah
Game Master

To pick or not to pick! locks that is...

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:"Oh, I'm Balbaroy, nice to meet you." He nods in response to Rav, about to offer a hand to shake when he's talked to by Milo, which leaves him a little baffled. ".... wait, what?"

An nice to meet you as well
Rav now being free of wearing the muzzle, leans down in a moment of silliness an kisses Balbaroy's shaking paw. (lick)

Apparently Venison had explained to Milo, who he was is an where he was from before. outside in the tree, after i had gotten dragged inside by my owner. but now we all know an can understand his plight.
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Were cooking now!

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:"uh, no I'm not on a diet" he said "my name is Octavian. besides, wouldn't i get hair in the, uh, biscuits?" he asked.

What a wonderful old world name you have.
Sara praises, as she continues to pet the oh so soft fox.
I don't think a little shed fur is going to bother any of the other pets at all. An those of us who keep pets, know that a little fur is going to happen an at times get in everything.
Sara smiles softly, she gets up an goes over to a drawl, where she gets out an apron. coming back to the fox, she fits apron over Octavian's head, tying it in the back for him. an gives him a pair of pink playtex gloves if he wants to wear them.
There that should hold down the flying fur. but more importantly, keeping your lovely fur clean.
She slides some milk crates, up against the counter for the fox to stand on, so he can work more comfortably on his baking.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Rav tilts his head off to the side, settling down upon his haunches relaxed.
That seems kinda irresponsible on your owners part..
Scratching intently at an itch behind his ear. (scratch) (scratch), an no not with his hind paw. :P
IF you don't mind, I could ask my owner to make arrangements with your owner to allow you to stay here with me, when you owner runs off out of town. Then you wouldn't have to worry about where to get food, shelter an water, or getting hurt while he is away. or run over by a car you did see in time.
Rav blushes a little.
An to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a friend, to kennel with me. when my owner is at work, i have to be locked in my crate.
'Well, that's a first," thought Venison. 'I kinda feel bad he would fall so hard for that story...but...hmm...a little rest couldn't hurt...'

'Well, my luck has got to turn sometime. May as well give this a chance.'

"Well, that's a first," said Venison. "I would sincerely thank you, but I don't think permanent arrangements would work at all. My owner doesn't live around here. He goes where he's called. We live in the van and we move with the van."
"..."
"Although, I wouldn't mind staying for a bit...after all, I need time to figure out something about my eyes. Also: Nearsighted. I can see close, but as things move further away, they become blurry, and lose detail. So I retrained myself to see based on shape and color identification. Smell and hearing are essential for me as well. I'd love glasses, but I can't...well, my owner can't get them for me. Last complaint at the optometrist was something about missing info on the tag. Right, give my tag back, thank you. I've yet to figure out what though. On a related note, have any of you seen a wayward pair of binoculars? That is what I use for makeshift sight aid. Hmm..."

*sniff*sinff*

"Does anyone else notice the vague smell of burning homemade biscuits?"
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"my name is really Italian, even tough I'm from Russia" Octavian said conversationally, still feeling a bit awkward tough.
"have you already kneaded the dough?" he asked "yes" said Sara. Noticing that
his claws had poked trough the tips of the gloves he mad a mental note to himself to wash his paws after rolling out the dough.
he grabbed a pinch of flour and sprinkled it allover the dough he then picked to dough up sprinkled some flour underneath the biscuit dough then started rolling it out. he then grabbed the roller and rolled it out to a inch thick "where do you keep the cups?" he asked. after getting a cup he dipped it in the flour and started cutting the biscuits out. Finishing the cutting
he asked "any thing else i should do?"

((OOC: yes that whole post was basically baking, :P))

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"Er.... those two kids had a pair of binoculars. Did they ever get a hold of you?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Were cooking now!

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:"my name is really Italian, even tough I'm from Russia" Octavian said conversationally, still feeling a bit awkward tough.
Really? i would have never guessed that, i don't hear any kind of accent in your speech.
he grabbed a pinch of flour and sprinkled it allover the dough he then picked to dough up sprinkled some flour underneath the biscuit dough then started rolling it out. he then grabbed the roller and rolled it out to a inch thick "where do you keep the cups?" he asked. after getting a cup he dipped it in the flour and started cutting the biscuits out. Finishing the cutting.

Sara takes the biscuits an puts them into the oven to start baking.

he asked "any thing else i should do?"
What would you like to do? can you make a dessert everyone would like?
It's so nice to have a helper in the kitchen, Rav tries to help, but even boiling water is'n safe around him.She giggles..

((OOC: yes that whole post was basically baking, :P))
Keeshah
Game Master

Doggie heart to heart talk..

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "Well, that's a first," said Venison. "I would sincerely thank you, but I don't think permanent arrangements would work at all. My owner doesn't live around here. He goes where he's called. We live in the van and we move with the van."
Rav lowers his ears a bit, an droops his tail down a bit at the news..
"..."

"Although, I wouldn't mind staying for a bit...after all, I need time to figure out something about my eyes. Also: Nearsighted. I can see close, but as things move further away, they become blurry, and lose detail. So I retrained myself to see based on shape and color identification. Smell and hearing are essential for me as well. I'd love glasses, but I can't...well, my owner can't get them for me. Last complaint at the optometrist was something about missing info on the tag. Right, give my tag back, thank you. I've yet to figure out what though. On a related note, have any of you seen a wayward pair of binoculars? That is what I use for makeshift sight aid. Hmm..."
You would not believe how many pets just ignore all the scents an smells all around them. but the ferals have taught me how to learn an use scents..
Rav wonders what is missing on Venison's tag, but since he has taken it back an put it away he can't re-examine it for what might be missing.
Why can't your owner get you glasses? surely he can provide any info the eye vet would need.he says, looking confused.
Maybe we can get my owner to be your "handler". It's like having another owner, they can do anything to or with you that your main owner can do, altho your main owner has the final say and can over-rule them. I had one when i was a showdog puppy. she was the one who took the time to teach me how to speak without sluring my words, despite my long muzzle. She also spent a lot of time teaching me how to show in the showring.

With my Mom as your handler, she could take you to the vet, and have you fixed up.
*sniff*sniff*

"Does anyone else notice the vague smell of burning homemade biscuits?"
Rav *sniffs*sniffs*sniffs* at the smells..
My mom wouldn't let that happen, she is a very good cook.
patting his belly a bit, with a shy grin.
I'm not quite in show trim anymore.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:"Er.... those two kids had a pair of binoculars. Did they ever get a hold of you?"

I think we have just found them. found them to be lost to you i'm afraid..
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

((ooc: Keeshah, can you possibly stop triple - double posting? there's a little edit button on the top left corner, so next time please use that? Thank you =^.^=))

"would you happen to have any Semolina?... oh wait... probably not.." he muttered to him self.
he saw the lemons on the counter "ah-ha! time to make some Zapekanka iz tvoroga!" he said.
"er, it translates into 'Tangy Baked Lemon Pudding' " he grabbed the lemon and said
"any way would you happen to have... tvorog, 2 eggs, and about 100 grams of surgar?"

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:((ooc: Keeshah, can you possibly stop triple - double posting? there's a little edit button on the top left corner, so next time please use that? Thank you =^.^=))
<<<sorry for trying to keep this Roleplay alive an moving. an wasting my time trying to make sure that when someone checks in they have something to respond to. :( >>>

"would you happen to have any Semolina?... oh wait... probably not.." he muttered to him self.
he saw the lemons on the counter "ah-ha! time to make some Zapekanka iz tvoroga!" he said.
"er, it translates into 'Tangy Baked Lemon Pudding' " he grabbed the lemon and said
"any way would you happen to have... tvorog, 2 eggs, and about 100 grams of surgar?"

Sara cleans off the counter, an brings over a mixing bowl, wire whip, an spoon. as well as the requested eggs an sugar.
You sure that is going to be enough to make dessert for all the pets?
She asks, as she pulls the biscuits out of the oven to cool. then checks on the simmering stew pot.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

((I'm not saying that you should stop posting, I'd like it tough if you didn't make three post's in a row.
you don't have to do it, it just bothers me a bit.))

"true true... so, four eggs, a cup grams of sugar, and about a cup and a 1/3 of tvorog." he said "before you turn off the oven, can you preheat it to 200?"

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

'What is with this red-tag German Shep?! This guy is throwing me more curve-balls than that one stupid alley cat with the eye problem,' Thought Venison. 'Seriously, he's not like any of those total 11 other red-taggers that I had to fight against. He's friendly, for a first, and trusting. I mean, we just met! I'd most definitely would feel bad taking an offer like that from a simple friendly stranger! But I do need a place to stay... but I'm not about to tie myself down, and the last thing I need is a freakn' vet visit to blow my cover. What do I say!?!?'

"...Um, Rav, you just miiiiight be forgetting the we just met, and you just moved here. I'm sure your mother is a kind person, but don't you think she might have other problems to deal with...?" Venison looked straight at Rav, hoping that he would understand what he was alluding to. "I think that such problems would only be compounded by randomly beginning to "handle" a dog that walked in off the street..."

"...But such genuine offers of hospitality...I Just can't deny them, and I do need a place to stay...So, uh, I just might have to take you up on the staying over here with you." Venison glanced out the window. "After all, I don't want to get caught by another thunderstorm in a tree."
Keeshah wrote:
Kalvin wrote:"Er.... those two kids had a pair of binoculars. Did they ever get a hold of you?"

"Feh, they caught me by surprise. Next time, I'll have better of them. I'll show you how to deal with children, mark my words. It's simple, you'll see."

Venison blinked. Had he just been talking casually? 'Dang shep threw me off. I need to be more careful, lest something slip,' thought Venison.

*gurgle*
Pain flared in his stomach again. He was hungry. He blushed.

Others hearing his stomach gurgle was one of the few things that managed to embarrass him.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

"true true... so, four eggs, a cup grams of sugar, and about a cup and a 1/3 of tvorog." he said "before you turn off the oven, can you preheat it to 200?"
Sara sets the oven to the requested temp.
There you go, all set up an ready for you.
Sara sets the biscuits on the table. then puts the stew pot on the table on a heatpad.
She stops an does a mental count of the number of pets here now coming up with a count of 6. an sets out 7 places around the table.
Rav? Were all ready in here, you can brings your new friends in to eat anytime you all are ready..She calls out to her dog.

Buckdida wrote: "...Um, Rav, you just miiiiight be forgetting the we just met, and you just moved here. I'm sure your mother is a kind person, but don't you think she might have other problems to deal with...?" Venison looked straight at Rav, hoping that he would understand what he was alluding to. "I think that such problems would only be compounded by randomly beginning to "handle" a dog that walked in off the street..."
Rav tilts his head off to the side, getting confused an suspicious as the dog tries to evade his every attempt to help him.
Your hiding something from me, but that is ok, you can tell me when your ready too.
We would always have my trainer from the obedience school to help keep us both in line.. Looking back deeply into Venison's eyes.
Your scared of me, that's it. your afraid the big bad red-tagged dog is going to snap one day, an eat you in your sleep. Doggie sigh...

"...But such genuine offers of hospitality...I Just can't deny them, and I do need a place to stay...So, uh, I just might have to take you up on the staying over here with you." Venison glanced out the window. "After all, I don't want to get caught by another thunderstorm in a tree."
That would be great! Once you really get to know me, you will see that i'm not all "that" dangerous to be around.
Keeshah wrote:

"Feh, they caught me by surprise. Next time, I'll have better of them. I'll show you how to deal with children, mark my words. It's simple, you'll see."

Rav blinks, rolling his ears forward..
Your not planned on hurting pups are you? Attacking even those miss-behaving human ones that treed us earlier, would have the humans red-tagging you, or having you put down, like they want.....he trails off.
Venison blinked. Had he just been talking casually? 'Dang shep threw me off. I need to be more careful, lest something slip,' thought Venison.

*gurgle*
Pain flared in his stomach again. He was hungry. He blushed.

Others hearing his stomach gurgle was one of the few things that managed to embarrass him.

Mom's calling, lets herd everyone into the kitchen an eat!!
Rav goes bounding off happilly..
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Turns to face everybody and says with a smile "I like him." He happily trots after him, happy for food.

(Hey, shouldn't it still be sometime before noon? I mean I got in around 5 and not all that much happened, or are we going by "video game" time?)
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison ran up behind Rav and unexpectedly clasped him on the shoulder, pulling Rav down to Venison's head level.

"Please tell me what I would gain from hiding something." Venison looked away. "I'm on the street, and I belong to someone rather irresponsible. Anything would be an improvement, but my owner would not be happy about it. I think it's a pride thing."

But then Venison looked Rav straight in the eyes, and brought his voice down to a whisper that only Rav could hear. "And not Afraid. Just wary," stated Venison. "I have taken down dogs bigger than you. You would be very surprised at how well the small, skinny doggie in front of you can fight. And for your information, I have had to stop 2 red tag dogs from eating cats in their sleep. So don't even joke about that, insulting yourself or otherwise. The reason I'm even near you right now is because I can tell you're not like the 11 other red-taggers I've met, who wore their marks as pride, who throught that a small red piece of plastic would keep me from acomplishing my goals and allow them to intimidate others. And I've set every single one of them straight. Now, is what I am saying a challange? No, it's the exact opposite. Give yourself some credit; I'm trusting you, based solely on a hunch. You don't have any idea what risk I'm taking allowing myself to stay with you, and it has nothing to do with your tags. Honestly, I've got no clue why I'm doing this; the less people who know me, the better."

Venison let go of Rav.
Keeshah wrote:Rav blinks, rolling his ears forward..
Your not planned on hurting pups are you? Attacking even those miss-behaving human ones that treed us earlier, would have the humans red-tagging you, or having you put down, like they want.....he trails off.
Venison gave a sinister smile. "If humans want to kill me, they can give it their best try." He turned his voice even lower, but his expression changed to that of worry. "They'll get hurt. Sometimes my survival depends on someone else becoming incapacitated, and I'm not afraid to defend myself or someone else if it keeps me safer, and alive. You want me to be honest? I should be wearing those tags, not you, you don't deserve it."

Venison returned his voice to normal. "Let me tell you one thing. It says a great something about your character to be friendly to a stranger in need. That's the biggest way I can tell you're different from other red-tagged dogs."

"Oh good. Food's ready. Smells like a stew of some sort."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

BalbaroyTurns to face everybody and says with a smile "I like him." He happily trots after him, happy for food.
Rav nuzzles at his muzzle as they trot down the hall..
Yes!, food is always good, an Table Food is even better!!

(Hey, shouldn't it still be sometime before noon? I mean I got in around 5 and not all that much happened, or are we going by "video game" time?)
((let see. Rav got here at 5:30, 30mins to carry his stuff in. 15mins treed by the twins, 15more mins before the storm drove everyone else inside. took about an hour to cook down the stew, so it's pushing 7:30am now.)) :)
Buckdida wrote:Venison ran up behind Rav and unexpectedly clasped him on the shoulder, pulling Rav down to Venison's head level.

Rav stops dashing down the hall with Balbaroy, turning to regard Venison... Hmmm? perking his ears forward attentively.
"Please tell me what I would gain from hiding something." Venison looked away. "I'm on the street, and I belong to someone rather irresponsible. Anything would be an improvement, but my owner would not be happy about it. I think it's a pride thing."
I don't know what you might gain, i can't put my paw on what it might be. just a feeling that there might be something more.
But then Venison looked Rav straight in the eyes, and brought his voice down to a whisper that only Rav could hear. "And not Afraid. Just wary," stated Venison. "I have taken down dogs bigger than you. You would be very surprised at how well the small, skinny doggie in front of you can fight. And for your information, I have had to stop 2 red tag dogs from eating cats in their sleep. So don't even joke about that, insulting yourself or otherwise. The reason I'm even near you right now is because I can tell you're not like the 11 other red-taggers I've met, who wore their marks as pride, who throught that a small red piece of plastic would keep me from acomplishing my goals and allow them to intimidate others. And I've set every single one of them straight. Now, is what I am saying a challange? No, it's the exact opposite. Give yourself some credit; I'm trusting you, based solely on a hunch. You don't have any idea what risk I'm taking allowing myself to stay with you, and it has nothing to do with your tags. Honestly, I've got no clue why I'm doing this; the less people who know me, the better."
It is good to be wary, but i am definitely not willing at all, to find out who an can take who in a fight. I've never had to all out fight a member of my pack, an i've only attacked those who gave me no other choice. Other than his hackles being up, he is showing no other signs of aggression, keeping his teeth covered an his paws down.
Rav flats back his ears, the whites of his eyes fearfully showing now..
An how many of those 11 other red tagged dogs are still alive? My trainer says that these red tags are a death sentence for us.. IF we get picked up for any kind of pet violation, they can put us down, no further questions asked. I have already been drugged an strapped down on a metal table. helplessly watching as they were prepping to me down, once before. I don't know how my owner found out they were going to do that, but she came running to save me, it is lucky she works for a law partnership.. they were able to put a stop to it. She is the first owner i've ever had that cared about me that much, who wanted too keep me that badly! I-i i don't want to die, i want to stay with her!
Venison can feel Rav trembling now in his paw, until he lets him go.

Keeshah wrote:Rav blinks, rolling his ears forward..

Venison gave a sinister smile. "If humans want to kill me, they can give it their best try." He turned his voice even lower, but his expression changed to that of worry. "They'll get hurt. Sometimes my survival depends on someone else becoming incapacitated, and I'm not afraid to defend myself or someone else if it keeps me safer, and alive. You want me to be honest? I should be wearing those tags, not you, you don't deserve it."
I'm beginning to get that impression.
Venison returned his voice to normal. "Let me tell you one thing. It says a great something about your character to be friendly to a stranger in need. That's the biggest way I can tell you're different from other red-tagged dogs."
I have always tried to help an protect the members of my pack.

"Oh good. Food's ready. Smells like a stew of some sort."
Rav shakes out his pelt, getting rid of the shakes..
Yes it does. it's so nice an thick an meaty, you can just lap it up.. Altho mom kinda frowns on me doing that at the table. *blush*
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

food, or make dessert, food, or make dessert... food he thought. he tore his gloves off and put them in the trash.
and followed Sara into the dinning room.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

'I don't want to die...what a cliche,' Venison thought to himself. 'Nobody wants to die, Rav. I just survive differently. I know it's no fun being where you are; I've been to that metal table before, but more so, I hate to remember why. There's one big difference between you and me, Rav, and that's trust. The ability to work with others, and the ability to trust them while doing so. Call me humanized, but It's individual before pack or group or team as long as I can survive. That's the stray mentality. I'm not a feral, not a pet, but a stray...*sigh*why does it bother me that I'm always reminding myself of my own disposition?'

Venison sat down at the table. The smells wafted into his nose, and he began salivating so much that he had to put his muzzle in his glass to avoid making a wet spot on the table.

'But at the current moment, I must act like a pet, although I'm quite hungry. But It's been quite a long time since I've eaten at a table. Or, not just grabbed the food and ran,' Venison thought. 'I could ask someone to hold me down...No. I have restraint...well, not when it comes to food...No! I. Do. Have. Restraint. I can wait for my serving; I can wait for the pot, and I can wait for my turn to serve myself when the pot gets passed around.'

Venison shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Everyone sit down! I'm starving. And I'm not exaggerating!" Called out Venison.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav goes around all the rooms making sure that all the pets know that the food is hot an ready..

As he trots into the kitchen he is collared by his mom an lead over to the floor mat in front of the kitchen island.
Sit Rav..
Rav looks up at her.Your kidding right?
She points to the mat.No I'm not. sit, You should let, Guests eat first. An besides, your not Alpha anymore remember?, so you wait.
Rav sits down on his haunches, intently watching the other pets up at the table..
My Trainer is having a bad influence on you!he states with a huff.

As long as it is having a good influence on you.she replies.
Sara crumbles the biscuits into a bowl, and fills it with the rich an thick stew an giving it to the first pet at the table, an continues on filling the bowls as she goes around the table..

Rav watches everything intently, his ears up an forward, leaning in to sniff at the wonderful smells. his nose wiggling. Whiiiiiinnnneee.. Sitting up in the classic canine begging position.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

He watches Rav, baffled having never seen a pet have to do anything like that. "Why do you have to make him do that?" He takes a seat, politely putting his hands in his lap.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

'Act polite...act polite...' Venison was rocking back and forth in his chair, his restraint clearly and quickly breaking down. His 5 inch tall glass was now about half full of drool. 'Oh good. The human is serving...I don't think I'd be able to serve myself without diving into the pot,' Venison thought.

Venison began to visibly twitch as his food bowl was set down in front of him, although he seemed to automatically snap out of it for a split second, to thank Sara.

"Ah, thank you very much for this dinner. It looks delicious! And I'm sure it will taste even better!"

And then Venison went back to twitching. 'AUGH hurry up n' serve the rest of them before I go face first into my bowl!'
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:He watches Rav, baffled having never seen a pet have to do anything like that. "Why do you have to make him do that?" He takes a seat, politely putting his hands in his lap.

Sara goes over to Balbaroy, after she gives out all the filled bowls to all the other pets.
Petting him comfortingly, an scratching him behind his ears.
How best to explain this. Rav has dominance issues.. he believed anyone not strong enough to resist him, should follow him. weather they be pet or human.
Looking over to see if Rav is still staying put.

Rav whines, looking away as his sins are told. looking uncomfortable flatting back his ear, and crouching down.

Now while he did try his best to care for an watch after those who followed him. He made a lot of people afraid of him. an then there was that group of small narrow minded people, who got really mad that a pet dared to think he could lead people, an wanted him to be put down.
Sara scratches up an back along Balbaroy's back.
This exercise teaches him that his place is as a willing, submissive, pet. instead of thinking he can be an aggressive, dominate leader.
She looks over at all the pets digging into there bowls.. an then back to Rav.
Ok, you can come join us now Rav, An what a good boy you were too.she praises..

Rav smiles proudly, almost beaming as he is called a good boy, an gets up and scampers over to an open seat. an gathers up the bowl. Happily digging in with a spoon, scoop sluuurp! scoop sluurp!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

About 30 seconds later, all of Venison's food was eaten. And he was still starving.

"Um, Excuse me, Sara, I know you just sat down, but could I have seconds?...I was just...really hungry and I've finished my first serving already. Um, and another glass? Could I have a new glass, please? I um, don't think I can use this one," said Venison.

'Dominance issues? Leading a pack of pets and humans? Really. That's a bit of an achievement. But there must be a little more to it than that. Humans get scared so easily, but the decision to kill someone off is not to be taken lightly,' thought Venison. 'Besides, a leader pet being put down? I'd imagine that would be on the news, and some crazy from PETA would have tried to stop it from happening, unless there was good rhyme or reason to agree. Just as there's more to me, there's got to be more to him.'
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:About 30 seconds later, all of Venison's food was eaten. And he was still starving.

"Um, Excuse me, Sara, I know you just sat down, but could I have seconds?...I was just...really hungry and I've finished my first serving already. Um, and another glass? Could I have a new glass, please? I um, don't think I can use this one," said Venison.

Wow, you sure wolfed that down. But sure there is plenty..
Sara crumbles more biscuits into Venison's bowl, and an refils it to the rim with more of the rich hot meaty stew.
You might want to try it a little slower, atleast get to taste my cooking.
She smiles at the hungery hungery doggie.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Keeshah wrote: Sara scratches up an back along Balbaroy's back.
Shakes in pleasure, almost falling out of his seat. "Ooh, that's nice." Please don't stop.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Thanks," said Venison. Sara could only watch in amazement as he wolfed down the second serving with just as much speed as the first.

"Uh...could I have another serving, please? I, um, promise I'll actually take time to taste it this time. Those two servings took the edge off the hunger pains, so I can enjoy this next one a bit."

"Goodness, if you keep eating that fast, you'll throw up! When was the last time you ate?" Asked Sara.

"Minus a small bowl of dogsgheti, about 4 days," answered Venison. He held his bowl up with a weak smille.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:"Thanks," said Venison. Sara could only watch in amazement as he wolfed down the second serving with just as much speed as the first.

"Uh...could I have another serving, please? I, um, promise I'll actually take time to taste it this time. Those two servings took the edge off the hunger pains, so I can enjoy this next one a bit."

"Goodness, if you keep eating that fast, you'll throw up! When was the last time you ate?" Asked Sara.

"Minus a small bowl of dogsgheti, about 4 days," answered Venison. He held his bowl up with a weak smille.

Sara looks shocked..
An why haven't you been fed in 4 days? have you been a bad dog? or perhaps have you been sick??
she asks as she goes over to feel his head to see if he has a temp.
Let refil the other pets bowls, then you can have all thats left on the pot, how about that?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Holds his paw up. "Oh no thank you ma'am. I'm full." He then leans back in the chair and lets out a sigh of content and approval, smiling and wagging his tail slightly.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:
Buckdida wrote:"Thanks," said Venison. Sara could only watch in amazement as he wolfed down the second serving with just as much speed as the first.

Sara looks shocked..
An why haven't you been fed in 4 days? have you been a bad dog? or perhaps have you been sick??
she asks as she goes over to feel his head to see if he has a temp.
Let refil the other pets bowls, then you can have all thats left on the pot, how about that?
"Yes. Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyes! I would love that. Oh so very much. And, um, I think I'll let Rav explain to you...I've told him, and I'm very distracted by food right now, I wouldn't be able to focus..." Said Venison.
steel_wing

Post by steel_wing »

Flying through the freezing rain, the peregrine falcon soon learns he has no choice. He has to stop somewhere or he will get knocked out of the sky. Visibility is getting very poor and his wings are getting tired. He swoops down and lands on a windowsill, shivering and begins to peck at the window hoping somebody will let him in.

(This house of course being the one everybody else is in)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Off in the den, where the pets have left on the flat screen TV on...
Blaaat! Blaaat!! Blaaat!!.. EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, for your area until 10:30am.
A severe thunderstorm brings the possibility of high winds, heavy rains, damaging hail, an dangerous lightning. low laying areas should be aware of possible flash flooding.

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

"Yes. Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyes! I would love that. Oh so very much. And, um, I think I'll let Rav explain to you...I've told him, and I'm very distracted by food right now, I wouldn't be able to focus..." Said Venison.

Sara looks across the table to Rav.
So Rav, whats his story, why is he being starved?She asks of her dog.

Rav gobbles down the rest of his stew... Burrrrrrp!.. *blush*
He an his master live in his owners work van.. I haven't found out why they don't have a home to live in..
An it seems when his owner gets a work call, he just takes off. Leaving Venison behind to fend for himself, with no food, water or shelter. with nowhere to go, he just wanders around trying to survive, raiding trashcans or stealing what he needs, until his owner comes back for him, sometimes weeks later.

Rav peers out the kitchen windows.. noting it seems much darker now, than it was earlier this morning. the rain pitter patting on the windows, highlighted with the lightning flashes. BOoommmm rummmble...

I was thinking of asking if he could stay here with us..

Sara looks a bit shocked.. turning to look at Venison.
Well you poor dear, that is just awful.petting Venison on the top of his head.
She turns back to Rav.
I don't know about that Rav. If we start taking care of him, we will become legally responsible for him an his actions.She continues to pet the food gobbling dog.
I'm sure his is a good dog, but do we know his history?, is he up to date on his shots? has he been fixed? But most importantly does he want to be My dog an live with us?

Rav lays back his ears, and looks sad, nodding his head..
I guess we do need to talk about this more, an if he wants to be owned by you.

Rav gets distracted, an goes to the back door outside. attracted by the plinking of the falling hail on the roof an window glass..
WoW... it's raining ice outside!as he goes out the door, an gets pelted with the falling hail.
Ooww! yelp! Ooww yipe yipe.. cold.. owwDashing back into the house through the opening door.