Horror Stories from Bittersweet Candy Bowl forums.

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Horror Stories from Bittersweet Candy Bowl forums.

Post by Mettlebird »

Hey, just kinda need to rage a little about how horribly I was treated on this horrid forum. I will bring extremely censored quotes as soon as I can.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Horror Stories from Bittersweet Candy Bowl forums.

Post by Sleet »

Moderator edit: You can edit your posts to add more content to them; it is not necessary to post multiple times.

Additionally, I read your story and that's absolutely terrible of them, and you have my sympathy. *hugs you* However, even with the censors, many of those details are inappropriate for this forum. I'm not closing this thread, so you're welcome to try to sanitize that post a little better and then remake it. Thank you.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Just needed to rage a little. Sorry for taking your time. Thank you, sleet. Sorry, I guess I acted too spurr of the moment.

But if I tried to sanatiaze it even more there would be nothing left xD I guess I'll just describe it, rather than post it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Yeah, that is a really poor way to treat someone. and you said the mods actually approved of it!? That seems like it should be grounds for immediate dismissal on any site. and all of the insults about furries, I'm surprised that happened on the forum for a comic where all the characters are anthropomorphic cats and dogs.

know that you have support from your friends here. and you'r safe from attacks like that because A) the members here are nice and B) we'll immediately handle anyone who's that much of a jerk.

and a description would work perfectly fine.

EDIT: and quit with the double posting. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

To say the very least, they used derogatory terms to say that Jesus was doing innapropriate things to my 'girlfriend,' referring to the death of the girl I was, and still am, madly in love with. The harassment didn't stop there, though, the moderators and admins of the site joined in and made that horrible quote my member title,and went as far as to say that they were indeed poking fun at it, and also did nothing to stop the horrid string of insults that another member was to throw at me, saying that 'yeah, she's dead, it's sad, but I don't thing that she would be too proud to see you throwing an expletive fit about a stupid little joke' among many other horrible insults that went as far as to harass me about being a furry. To say the very least, it was horrible, and they even poked fun at the fact that I was assaulted and abused as a child, and that I have PTSD and am bi-polar through several personal messages, and left hateful comments on my profile, and told me I need to 'grow the heck up' (although they used much more severe language,) and that Erin (my late friend) was probably trying to forget all about my sorry butt because I am so blah blah blah'

To say the least, don't go on that forum unless you want to have all of your minor faults and little quirks inflated and thrown in your face with a bucket of hot tar.

As for the double posting, my iPad does that and I don't know why xD I've tried to make it stop, but it ALWAYS does that on almost any forum, so sorry! :)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

That is really messed up. Moderators aren't supposed to act like that. they shouldn't even change your title without permission, let alone to something that clearly upset you and, quite frankly, is insensitive and insulting to Christians in general, not just you. Moderators are supposed to be the face of a forum, and shouldn't act in any manner other than respectfully to any members. your story would drive anyone away from that forum. No one should ever be subjected to d=such insults based on what they like.

again I say, you'll never be disrespected and insulted like that here, and we moderators will see to it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Thank you, I really appreciate that, and look forward to a much more friendly environment!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

don't mention it. it's our job. and insulting someone like that is (I'm pretty sure)cause for an immediate ban here.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

....wow, that is the worst forum story i've ever heard! now im GLAD i didnt join it, and brent, im pretty sure people would be banned once that stuff started, so like everyone else as said, you'll be welcome here with out a hassle mettle
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Yeah, no one EVER gets banned on that site, they just get 'Special Ed'd.' (YES! that is waht they call the trolls and people who are jerks on there, Taeshi [maker of the comic] and SuitCase [the guy who changed my Member Title] deem the people the title 'Special Ed' and ban them to only using the Recess section of the forums. The number of people ever banned on that site can literally be counted on one hand)
For one thing, that title is just wrong, and the fact that people can get away with the kind of stuff I see on a daily basis there is horrific. That forum was great at first, but then it took a nosedive as soon as I expressed my opinion. I swear the moderators there are comparable to the Gestapo... It's ridiculous! They seem to ENJOY harassing their members. And not to mention the horrid language on there... *shudders* Sure, when I was upset i used a little bit of language, which I usually don't like to do, but EVERYONE seems to be swearing UP AND DOWN, LEFT AND RIGHT! It's kind of annoying when you're trying to have a conversation and someone comes out flinging obscenities everywhere -_-'

Thanks for all of the support, everyone, it really makes me feel better after having to go through all of that garbage over on BCB forums. :)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Forgive me if this isn't the time for this, but why is this in the Media section of the forums?

I am sorry about what happened to you, by the way.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mettlebird wrote:SuitCase [the guy who changed my Member Title]
and now I've lost respect for that site in general. Seeing as he's the guy who actually runs it, I guess he wants to portray the site in a negative light.
That would be like Rick going and doing things that upset the users.

I'll still read the comic, but I will never consider joining their forums.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Teh Brawler wrote:Forgive me if this isn't the time for this, but why is this in the Media section of the forums?

It's in the Media section because it has to do with another comic, and I figured that it belonged in here :3
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Mettlebird wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Forgive me if this isn't the time for this, but why is this in the Media section of the forums?

It's in the Media section because it has to do with another comic, and I figured that it belonged in here :3
That was actually directed more at Sleet than you, since you wouldn't know any better yet. However, for future reference, "Not the Comic" would be a better choice. Finally, welcome to the forums.

Naughty Sleet not doing his job
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Mettlebird wrote:

That was actually directed more at Sleet than you, since you wouldn't know any better yet. However, for future reference, "Not the Comic" would be a better choice. Finally, welcome to the forums.

Naughty Sleet not doing his job
lolk xD thanks, btw! (sorry for the misplacement!)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

placement corrected. naughty Sleet. (said the other moderator who didn't move it.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Lol, thanks and sorry for the misplacement! :oops:
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

don't be embarrassed, poeple make those mistakes all the time....but on the BCB forums people probabally get trolled for the mistake, don't they
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Helmetzid wrote:don't be embarrassed, poeple make those mistakes all the time....but on the BCB forums people probabally get trolled for the mistake, don't they
YES. You wouldn't even get a chance, they'd send your whole topic to 'Detention' where it CANNOT be revived, CANNOT be responded to, and is there for EVERYONE to laugh at, poke fun at, or, well you get the point. To say the least, STAY AWAY FROM BCB FORUMS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. :x

I still can't get over the fact that they all harassed me about Erin... I really do love her, and they just keep saying garbage about her and her death... :cry:
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

isnt there some internet political office or something like that we can contact to shut the site down??
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Well, I'm still debating whether or not to take it to my local police station it was that bad... But I don't know if there's anything they can do, seeing as it's based in Australia and I'm in America...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mettlebird wrote:they'd send your whole topic to 'Detention' where it CANNOT be revived, CANNOT be responded to, and is there for EVERYONE to laugh at, poke fun at, or, well you get the point.
that actually sounds like our "dead thread bed". We don't put things there to have it laughed at, but show people what not to do and what-not. but I guess there could be jerks laughing at it.
Helmetzid wrote:isnt there some internet political office or something like that we can contact to shut the site down??
not at all. the internet is like international waters.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

I have, however, emailed Taeshi on the subject, only to have her call me 'mental and unstable' in Forumspring :cry: She claims that every time she saw me I was lashing out, well she only saw me when I was lashing out because I was getting harassed so much, and then I have the moderators telling me 'Deal with it this is how the internet is if you can't handle it then get off,' and now her calling me mental. Oh such a lovely community they have...
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

It's like BCB is the creeper and Housepets is the house made of iron and some other non blowupable metal
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think I speak for the entire moderator team when I say that if anyone behaves like those people did on this forum, they will be unmade. We strive to make this a friendly, welcoming, appropriate environment for all kinds of people.
Helmetzid wrote:isnt there some internet political office or something like that we can contact to shut the site down??
No, that has so many ethical concerns it's not even funny.
Mettlebird wrote:Well, I'm still debating whether or not to take it to my local police station it was that bad... But I don't know if there's anything they can do, seeing as it's based in Australia and I'm in America...
There's absolutely nothing you can do with the police. Just leave and don't give them attention.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:I think I speak for the entire moderator team when I say that if anyone behaves like those people did on this forum, they will be unmade. We strive to make this a friendly, welcoming, appropriate environment for all kinds of people.
except for the ones that act like that. we'll kill them. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Unmaking actually bypasses the "death" trigger entirely.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

whatever. I meant a figurative killing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Mettlebird wrote:Well, I'm still debating whether or not to take it to my local police station it was that bad... But I don't know if there's anything they can do, seeing as it's based in Australia and I'm in America...
Someone get Ebly.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Man, talk about desensitization, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was relating to the fact that Halloween is just over a month away! :shock: :oops:

But no, these are REAL horror stories, not fun.

SO sorry that anything like this even EXISTS. It should be illegal.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword, sadly.

A double-edged sword we moderators use to liberate the extremities from meanyheads' bodies when they step on our turf.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword, sadly.

A double-edged sword we moderators use to liberate the extremities from meanyheads' bodies when they step on our turf.
:lol: Touche!

But that's NOT freedom of speech. We also have the unalienable right to pursue happiness. Calling that freedom of speech is like calling slavery "property rights."
PF chars

--Phoenix

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
- attributed to Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Sleet wrote:Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword, sadly.

:lol: Touche!

But that's NOT freedom of speech. We also have the unalienable right to pursue happiness. Calling that freedom of speech is like calling slavery "property rights."
We have the right to leave the website, though. Which is why saying horrible things online is protected in that way.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'd imagine if more people knew about it they would get into more trouble, though....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Wow. Though based on the comic's comment section this isn't really surprising to me... sadly.
Of course, if the meany-meanies wanna hang out there, it just means there's less of 'em on here :D
I hope you find Housepets! to be a much more welcoming place. My condolences about Erin. Love is a beautiful thing, and I pray you see it returned to you ten-fold.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

If it is this bad, I would suggest ignoring their community, just stay off their forums and whatnot. (I didn't read the whole thread as I'm incredibly groggy from waking up still; but if it has been suggested I guess it adds to it)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ugh, what a nightmare. Thankfully, Rick would never allow that kind of thing. :) I can't imagine how someone whose income relies on not alienating people is able to let this go on... *shakes his head*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

While it's very unfortunate and upsetting that such a thing happened to you, and that I can understand your need to rant, it's probably not the most appropriate to be discussing this here, on this forum. I'd imagine this is how inter-community wars get started, and we also wouldn't want such nasty things leaking over here to this forum, should one crazy fellow find this thread and whatnot. Trolls love to feed on this stuff, and this has the possibility of becoming a pure bashing thread, which would also reflect badly on our community.

Sorry, but I'm locking this thread for now. If other mods agree it should be reopened, then it will, but for now, to me, this looks like it could be a powder keg, so I'm gonna defuse it before it explodes.

Again, sorry for your loss, and sorry for how you were treated.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack