Psykeout

The other Artistic Gift thread look at this THERE ARE PRIZES

Post by Psykeout »

HI.
<3

ok so this is basicallllyyyy this

AND IF CLICKING LINKS IS BELLOW YOU.
I can explain.

BAY-SICK-UH-LY, this is a thing for all you beautiful artists to come and do.
come do it.
Say you want to do it (by posting) and we can add your name to a GLORIOOOUUSS LISSSTTT~
THEN
A third party who will not be arting, perhaps a mod I think that's a good idea yes, will take these names and randomly randomize them together (secretly in secret-like) [here's a site for thatttt]
then, using pm's, you will discover who you need to draw a picture for.
then do it IN SECRET LIKE.
then post it oooonnn a certain date that will be decided at a later time.

IF YOU HAVE A FURSONA, that's probably what the other person will draw for you. Preferably, you can post a ref! If you're a weird human, then you'll probably have to be a bit more CREATIVEEEE. Post links to pictures of your OC, a picture of yourself, or suggest something coooolll. Try to give them artistic freedom to be artistic and free.

TL;DR: IF YOU LIKE ART AND MAKING ART POST IN THIS THREAD.

GLOOORRRIOOOUSSS LIST OF GLLOORRYYY~!!!!
Psykeout~
MISTAH YEOSHUA
captaiiinn peeeaaaa
Zander Maaannn
Last edited by Psykeout on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bwah bwah
Psykeout

Re: The other Artistic Gift thread look at this THERE ARE PR

Post by Psykeout »

OH ALSO I'M ABUSING MY ABILITY TO DOUBLE POST.

SOME REFS.
Mi fursonaaaa
boop, boooppp still sorta counts, and booopppppp. also my avatar will be corrected sooooonnn.

my actual fursona
bwah bwah
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sent from my conifer.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Count me out as a neutral party, I want in
Psykeout wrote:IF YOU HAVE A FURSONA, that's probably what the other person will draw for you. Preferably, you can post a ref! If you're a weird human, then you'll probably have to be a bit more CREATIVEEEE.
Aw geez
I probably won't make you draw myself in all my glory, so I'll have to think about this...
Psykeout wrote: BAY-SICK-UH-LY
Oh no
Image Image
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Pea... Your fursona is awesome.
Sent from my conifer.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

yehoshua wrote:Pea... Your fursona is awesome.
I don't have one, but it probably would be.
:smug:
Image Image
Zander

Post by Zander »

I'm in on this. My fursona is in my siggy, along with my avvy. But some people have been drawing my markings wrong, so I'll probably draw a ref sheet.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

heres mine, im not drawing person so, im not going to do that part
glasses on him and jacket as well, are optional if you wish to save time or dont want to do them

edit:nvm, see below, also its late and im groggy, so i kinda skimmed the crap outta the topic post
Last edited by Helmetzid on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Helmetzid wrote:heres mine, im not drawing person so, im not going to do that part
glasses on him and jacket as well, are optional if you wish to save time or dont want to do them
everyone who joins has to draw. if not, one person would be without a secret santa.
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

CaptainPea wrote:I'll have to think about this...
I thought about it
'kay, so, I've decided, until somebody tells me not to, to give two options for the other person to draw.

There's this completely accurate portrait of myself that I posted earlier, or, if you would rather preserve your sanity, you can draw me this three eyed, fat, red, polka dotted alien wearing a tricorne.

Sorry if I'm breaking ze regulationz.
Image Image
NickCole

Post by NickCole »

I MAY consider joining if the first post was written a little better. And you may have to consider a good time for everyone to upload the drawings since timezones are VERY, VERY evil to deal with. e Ae... It's either people in Asia have to stay up late or people in America.

Plus we were about to get the others involved in the previous thread. You should have let us know what you wanted one so bad so we could arrange one for you guys.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Simply send the pictures to the mod that's orchestrating the event, then when he gets all of them he posts them at the same time :3

You should join nick D:
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

NickCole wrote:Plus we were about to get the others involved in the previous thread. You should have let us know what you wanted one so bad so we could arrange one for you guys.
I asked in the previous thread and diss said go ahead. It was just a lot of clutter in there with all the pictures and posts, and the OP needed to have the organizational structure to support it.

AND HEY WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME WRITING SKILLZ
bwah bwah
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Diss wasn't even part of the first one, if it's anyone you should ask it should be the person who originally started the whole idea in the first me. *points to self*

And also as Nick said, you need to look out for timezones and the size of this. You have no idea how much trouble we had getting just 8 people all on at the same time to post them. It had people staying up till stupid AM. I can't see this working when organising via a thread. The communication is gonna be to lax and it's gonna end up not working unless you have the ending entry time in like 2 days and the hand in time in a week. :U

Also as Nick said we were gonna get you guys involved but in a more... Organized way than saying 'post your name on this thread and we'll come up with the starting and ending time later probably not suitable for half the people posting, |D' Yeah... Good luck with that. :U
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I think the reason this topic appeared is because with the first one, nobody knew what it was except the people involved, and when people did find out what it was, there was no indication that they'd be able to join later. Even if it was your intention, it wasn't communicerated.

If you guys are going to be starting a second one, you're probably gonna be absorbing the people that've already been put on the list here; having two of these going at the same time would be silly.
Laxan wrote:And also as Nick said, you need to look out for timezones and the size of this. You have no idea how much trouble we had getting just 8 people all on at the same time to post them. It had people staying up till stupid AM.
I personally wouldn't have a problem setting the final entry time as a 12 hour window or somesuch, which would give people more reasonable times to submit.
Image Image
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Right, since it's the first on the forum, it's kinda inevitable for it to be a clutter,
we have since proposed on following the current pattern:
1)Planning(We would probably have a "committee" for that)
2)Recruiting(Self explanatory, we would announce the detail of a new round, including time starts, time ends, list of people, rules etc)
3)Assign(Where we would contact the participants, privately, about the details of who they're drawing for)
4)Starts(We would start off the event at whatever we planned beforehand)
5)Draw(Self explanatory)
6)End(Where the event stop, possibly a little extra time for sorting out the submissions, usually 24 hours after the even starts)
7)Post(Where either everyone, (or have one people to collect all submissions) post their respective drawings)
8)Comment(If any)
9)Rinse and repeat

For the first round on the forum, it's not openly announced to the forum, obviously, so cluttering is inevitable.
It will *not* be a clutter if people are willing to cooperate and things will work itself out orderly, with minimum margin of making a mess.

In short, it's kinda unnecessary to have *2* threads going on about the same topic,
1)It's gonna be a hassle for people to frequent 2 different threads, where everything can be done in one,
2)People would possibly get confused, we would expect lots of people asking who to contact, who they're going to draw for, and details about time, and rules
3)It's gonna be a literal art flood, in reference to (2), it would be worse if people post their drawings in both threads
4)In reference to (2) and (3), it's hard enough to communicate with someone on the forum, hard to contact if they got something wrong or messed up, hard to correct if they missed out the rules and details, keeping it to one thread is easier, for both the "committee" and the participants
5)Of course, we aren't even finish planning the round opened to the forum, but that doesn't mean we didn't put organization into account
6)I'm pretty sure you can imagine, imagine someone just abruptly grab an idea from you and add something to it, atleast, consult the people involved in the first place, even if a moderator says otherwise.

All in all, I don't really see the need for a second thread where one is sufficient. We already have a standard, easy-to-follow pattern, that everyone would understand on first glance, again, it's just that we aren't ready for the round which involves the forum.
We're having one currently, not opened to the forum as of yet, we would most likely be ready for the next round mentioned just now a few days after the current one, details would be provided in the thread, and the rest? -We only require the cooperation of the others.

No offense intended, but thank you for reading.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

CaptainPea wrote:I personally wouldn't have a problem setting the final entry time as a 12 hour window or somesuch, which would give people more reasonable times to submit.
Yes... But it spoils the fun a lot. Which is why originally it was just secluded to our own little corner of the universe.

I originally organized it through another IRC seperate to the Housepets IRC it wasn't shared with any of them. (This was mostly due to the fact I didn't ask anyone from the housepets irc to join in because I'm banned from there for various reason). That aside when we brought it to the housepets forums it was only to show was we were doing. The OP of the other thread wasn't explained because it wasn't MEANT to be explaining it, it was just showing what we had done. Another thread was going to be opened solely for organizing it, but Psykout took it upon himself to create one without the permission of the original organizers and it caused a great deal of uproar. If Psykout had ASKED the original organizers this wouldn't have been a trouble as he would have been told we were about to include everyone. But now this thread has been created with an opening post that can barely be understood and did a poor job of explaining the way it works.

Not to mention the first thing you should have done is to make the starting and end time clear. Now you have a bunch of people that you all have to please.
If you're trying to order a cake for 12 people, some say strawberry, some say hazelnut, some say fruit. If everyone is too busy trying to get the oen they prefer you're not going to get anywhere. But if you slap a strawberry sponge down in front of everyone then okay, some people aren't going to like it but asleast you still have a cake at the end of the day-... I'm sure this was relevant to something...
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

now I want a cake...

this was just a miss communication of a person who really wants to do this.

Laxan kaido vadiant law and nick where already planning to open this up on the forums, perhaps in the old threat, or start a new one, hence a few here are now upset that someone jumped infront and went "look at me" waving his arms around while they where still asking people and planning it out.

I suggest leaving it here for now, and see what the plans are, this is already getting organised.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Listen, guys, I understand that you were planning on bringing it to the rest of the forums. But you're telling me, at the same time, that it wan't a Housepets community project, you just posted your art there and thus didn't feel the need to make the process clear, and that it is a Housepets community project, so you reserve the right to organize it.

The point is, it was bad communication all around. You guys didn't make it clear that you were planning to open the doors on this project, Diss and Psyke weren't clear to double check with you guys before starting this thread. It's not the end of the world that this thread was made; once we know what's going on, we can merge them or lock the one we're not using.

At the moment, I'm inclined to say that, because people are already on the wagon, you guys can organize this if you're ready to open it up. Otherwise, I'll give it to Psykeout. That's not a final decision, though.

If you have any more points you'd like to make, I'd kind of rather you PM me than put it here, as this thread has seen enough wear today. We'll let it play out as is until there's a decision made.
Image Image
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

CaptainPea wrote:Listen, guys, I understand that you were planning on bringing it to the rest of the forums. But you're telling me, at the same time, that it wan't a Housepets community project
It wasn't a HP then, but seeing as there was interest they started planning to make one for everyone.
leaving this topic open now will leave everything chaotic, then there is going to be a third one opening up made by the people who did it originally.

They requested to both close this one, and the old one they had
and they will make a new one to prevent more confusement.
Last edited by Kyderra on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

What went wrong here: Someone asked if he could make another thread with the exact same thing.

Someone that was in no way involved approved without waiting for the original thread starter, which is just weird.

Both threads are now in total chaos.

Lock them up, make _ONE_ new thread. Problem solved.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Guys, this is gonna be locked because it's turned into a thread about arguing about this thread.
I'll try to have this sorted out quick as I can.
[Lock]
Image Image
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Hey, guys. CaptainPea already pretty much stated exactly why I allowed Psykeout to create this thread. The original was (and is still, apparently) exclusive to members of the IRC; this version was going to be more cosmopolitan and open to everyone. While it's now clear the original thread's planners intended to open their game up to everyone, that was in no way communicated prior to the appearance of this thread.

If you have more concerns or questions, you're more than welcome to address them with me via PM. I appreciate your time and understanding.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other