Chat Thread XXX: It's Not What You Think

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Chat Thread XXX: It's Not What You Think

Post by Sleet »

Hey, you can't truly say that unless you've read eaten more books, Id!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

*jumping in here*
Sleet wrote:I'm not sure selling ice on eBay is the most viable plan.
Psykeout wrote:
Sleet wrote:I don't really put too much stock into whether or not a book is a "classic." If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. I really liked To Kill a Mockingbird though!
Guys, don't listen to sleet. It wasn't an awful book, but it was a "Sleet" sort of thing to read.

So don't think you'll like it because (s)he does.

you won't.
Hey, I'm not the only one! A lot of students call it their favorite book that they're forced to read against their will by their high school teachers.

I still acknowledge that opinions will vary and not everyone is going to like it.
Ooh, I love To Kill A Mockingbird! One of my favorite books I ever read in school. Of course, the class I read it in was mostly composed of girls who squee'd over Boo Radley when he showed up (and doubled in volume when we eventually watched the movie -_-), so their enthusiasm probably helped a lot.

sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

Sleet wrote:Hey, you can't truly say that unless you've read eaten more books, Id!
isn't eating homework assignments close enough?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:
Sleet wrote:Hey, you can't truly say that unless you've read eaten more books, Id!
Maybe if you're part dog, yeah.
loomCAT wrote:Ooh, I love To Kill A Mockingbird! One of my favorite books I ever read in school. Of course, the class I read it in was mostly composed of girls who squee'd over Boo Radley when he showed up (and doubled in volume when we eventually watched the movie -_-), so their enthusiasm probably helped a lot.

See? Someone agrees here! *hugs loomCAT*

Feel free to pop in here from time to time, Loom. This thread is for any forumites who want to come in here!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

Sleet wrote:*hugs loomCAT*
Ack! The contact! It burns! @_@

Oh, but I kid. I like hugs. On forums, at least. ^^;;
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

need assistance, i can't find the one thread where people were photo shopping housepets characters into real photos, i never made a comment so i can use the view your posts list, HELP!!
unless someoen would oblidge to what i was going to post on there, i need someone to take this http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ter_01.jpg and either edit out marty, replacing him with king, or somehow redraw the whole thing and put king in his place in the new drawing
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Photoshopping Housepets
You can usually find a thread if you type a related word into the search engine.
loomCAT wrote:The class I read it in was mostly composed of girls who squee'd over Boo Radley when he showed up (and doubled in volume when we eventually watched the movie -_-)
He's pretty cute
Image Image
sonic id furreh!!!

CaptainPea wrote:Photoshopping Housepets
You can usually find a thread if you type a related word into the search engine.
loomCAT wrote:The class I read it in was mostly composed of girls who squee'd over Boo Radley when he showed up (and doubled in volume when we eventually watched the movie -_-)
He's pretty cute
ewww he looks like Frankenstein e.e
Sleet wrote:
sonic id furreh!!! wrote:
Maybe if you're part dog, yeah.
does part wolf count?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm allergic to homework, that's why I almost failed 7th grade.
Sent from my conifer.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

My cat once attacked my homework.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes, it very much does. Wolves are just like dogs!

And he's not supposed to be attractive. The point behind him is that he shouldn't be judged by his appearance and demeanor.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I'm allergic to cats, that's why my 7th grade almost failed homework
Wait what
Sleet wrote:And he's not supposed to be attractive. The point behind him is that he shouldn't be judged by his appearance and demeanor.
I know, but "squee" is not a word I'd use to describe him. Well, it's not a word I'd use to describe much of anything, but Boo Radley moreso. To me it generally indicates that something Tastes Like Diabetes.
Image Image
sonic id furreh!!!

Sleet wrote:Yes, it very much does. Wolves are just like dogs!

And he's not supposed to be attractive. The point behind him is that he shouldn't be judged by his appearance and demeanor.
oh........ guess i failed
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

In all seriousness, I never did my homework, I got my grades back up at school in those super easy tests.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

CaptainPea wrote:To me it generally indicates that something Tastes Like Diabetes.
not so much. it's just a fan-girl noise that some fan-boys use in select situation. for example, I don't often Squee, but when I do, I'm going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.

it can taste like diabetes, but sometimes it can taste like fond memories of childhood.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Whenever I find something that tastes like diabetes, I just sit and stare at it twitchy eyed.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Something that tastes like diabetes?... Sugar?
Sent from my conifer.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's a trope.
yehoshua wrote:In all seriousness, I never did my homework, I got my grades back up at school in those super easy tests.
That doesn't work in college. On the flip side, homework is actually useful in college.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Your mileage may vary.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

TVTropes really has ruined my life.

Darn you, Sleet!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I've found that TvTropes enriches my life, except it often doesn't
Image Image
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

That's not a simile, just a contradiction. =P

/grammar figurative language Nazi
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:That's not a simile, just a contradiction. =P

/grammar figurative language Nazi
Dissimiles, despite their name, don't really have to be based on similes, although I'll agree I did stretch the qualifications a bit there.
Image Image
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Hmm... We'll let this one slide. *dramatic look* For now.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea wrote:I've found that TvTropes enriches my life, except it often doesn't
It enriches mine!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

I don't get why on webcomic forums, people have avatars for other comics, like that one Sandra and Woo avatar i saw, and the VG Cats avatar Sleet is currently using....it just don't make that much sense to meh
EDIT:correction, WAS using, sleet changed it when i was typing
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Because people are fans of more than one comic? =3 Also, Sleet didn't change it. They used that website (at least, I THINK it's that website) to set up a "rotation" of different avatars. Confused me for a little while too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like lots of different things! One of my avatars is Tarot with a crystal ball, and two of my avatars are my fursona in the Housepets! style (done by Kyderra and Aquablast).
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Well do we have to use Housepets avatars? No, we don't. Compared to most avatars, mine looks really out of place.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Usually, I would be on the sleet side of this argument.

But this conversation just HAD to happen when I as using comic-related material for my avatar.

I'm going to tell a story in a second. brb writting wall of texttttt
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Can't wait for the wall, Psyke.

Ooh, favorite avatar time, go.
This is the best one I'm not currently using.
I'll probably squeeze him in in Tiff's place once my 'cocious guest strip runs 'cuz I'll be done showing off by then.
Helmetzid wrote:I don't get why on webcomic forums, people have avatars for other comics, like that one Sandra and Woo avatar i saw, and the VG Cats avatar Sleet is currently using....it just don't make that much sense to meh
Because it's not a rule, and people like to spread the love around to other things. Think of it this way; if we all put up Housepets avatars here, we're all already familiar with it and we already know people here are fans. But if somebody puts up a Woo avatar, it shows you something new, and might entice you to read it. If not, it'll at least tell you something about that poster.

Same token, the same person could simultaneously use a Housepets someplace else, which would entice other people to read this comic. It's a win-win, really. Or maybe a win-win-win.

You're totally allowed to use a Housepets avatar, nobody's going to have a problem with that, it's just that some people don't want to.
Image Image
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

just, skip over this if you don't want to die from word poisoning.

SO. It was raining yesterday morning, and I left the house just a LITTTLLE to late. I wore my flip-flops like I always do (god i look so goofy). I see the bus pull up before I'm at the stop, so I have to run for it. Mind you, carrying a backpack on my back, a shoulder bag on my shoulder, and an umbrella in my hand. My flip-flops fall off my feet, but I manage to get to the bus just barely. So it was either wear shoes or come to school.

I get to school, and I see a small group of people, some of which were my friends, and so I have to tell them why I'm bare foot. I go to the youth service center, but no one's there. I wait until the warning bell rings, but no one's there. So I go to first block.

Teacher sees me at the door, she asks about my feet, I explain. I just figured I'd go the day barefoot like an eejit. However, she calls the office.

"Yes, i've got a student, and he lost his shoes"
"what size do you wear?"
"seventeens"
"SeventeeeeEENNNS?!"
I'm a big guy.
So i sit around my creative writing class for a while, do writing, and I'm sent down to the office. Joy.

I talk to the assistant principle, and she says she called my mom, and she can't come get me (we don't have a car). And surprise surprise, they don't have anything in a 17. So the plan is to send me home on the city bus, get shoes, and come back on the city bus. I don't know if you're familiar with city buses, but that is NOT a place you cant to be on without and shoes or socks. So i'm sitting around the office. I want to go get my stuff, but I can't leave anywhere without shoes on. So she sends up a student working in the office to get my things. He comes back and says they wouldn't let him in the room. So I went up with him. (the assistant principle wan't looking)

He had just tried the wrong room. So I get in there, get my things, and leave. By this time, I'm taking questions from everyone in the class, trying to be as vague and confusing as possible without lying. It's a hobby of mine. As I'm leaving the classroom, they're still asking questions, so I just shout "ALIENS TOOK THEM!" as I head out the door.

Get back in the office, and I think of something. I carry all sorts of random things in my backpack, so i'm prepared for pretty much anything. I get two shirt sleeves out of my backpack and scissors out of my shoulder bag, and fashion some sort of cloth socks out of them. I went and asked the principle if these could be technically counted and they could just let me go about my day looking like I live in a trash can.

She said no.

So I asked what the largest shoe they had was. She went to check. She came back and it was an 11. I told her to go back and bring them to me. (at this point I was staring to get peeved with these guys) She brings them back and I do my best to shove my feet in. The best I can manage is to slip my feet in and crush the heel down, like a slipper. She was still really insistent that I go home. So I told her, I am not going barefoot on Lextran. I will catch malaria and die. So she FINALLY gives in. I walk out with her and head up to my room.

She stops me.

She explains that i'm to wear these shoes on the bus to go home; not wear these shoes during school. Now I was in no mood to remain mannerly anymore and argued with her that I HAD SHOES ON. That means I shouldn't have to waste three hours getting shoes, BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE SOME. She says that it's a liability. I could hurt myself or something. I tell her, they're not in any danger of falling off and shake my foot. They were far to small to fall off. So then the principle comes in. I argue with him for about a second, but I know I can't convince him, so I give it up. I grab my things and walk towards the door.

When they're not looking, I go back upstairs and into my classroom. I sit down. The guy next to me wonders why they'd give someone a free pair of vans. They were actually pretty nice. And they're his size. So he says that if he'll give me two dollars, I can walk down to the dollar general (there's one near the school), and I can buy some more comfortable flip flops and give him the vans. The vans didn't actually hurt that much; my feet weren't all the way in them, but I didn't like my next class anyways, so i figured, why not? I've already missed most of my first class.

So I leave the vans with him and at the class change, I take my stuff to my next class, leave them there, and walk barefoot to the dollar general. I get there and buy a soda and some flip flops. The largest they had was 11-12, but i can pretty much wear flip flops of any size. I mean, they're flip flops.

So I walk back to school, use the note they gave me to get back in, sign in, get a note to class. My second black teacher says that since i was already here, leaving and using a note to get back in technically counts as skipping. So I went off on him a little and got to my work.

At lunch, I'm talking to my buddy and explain to her what happened. and then I tell her something realized; the school is going to want the vans back. So NOW I have to get the vans back from the guy at some point and pay him two dollars back.

I got home and I find my flip flops right where I left them (whoo hoo). I get in my house and my mom asks me what's this about shoes. I just said that I never want to talk about it again. (which isn't true, but I didn't want to tell HER about it)

tl;dr: Aliens took my shoes.
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I like the idea that people other than you don't speak in lilac.

Why didn't the school just have you walk to the dollar store as a first option? Seems like that'd be sensible, if you had the money to buy shoes.

Actually, what you should've done is worn somebody else's flip-flops (somebody with smaller than 11 size feet) and then had them go to the office and wear the 11s, but that might've become difficult once the administration had become flustered by your feet.
Image Image
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Nobody wears flip flops to school really.

I should have just worn the vans. It wasn't like it was doing me any harm.
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:Nobody wears flip flops to school really.
You do, apparently
Psykeout wrote:I should have just worn the vans. It wasn't like it was doing me any harm.
There are parents that take legal action if their child scrapes their knee on an intersection across from school property
While I agree with you, I can see why they wanted to be cautious.
Image Image
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

It's probably safer to ride the city bus unsupervised.
CaptainPea wrote:
You do, apparently
Nobody You Know.
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

nineteen forty five

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:It's probably safer to ride the city bus unsupervised.
...you have a point.
Psykeout wrote:
CaptainPea wrote:
You do, apparently
Nobody You Know.
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dangit Pea, I was gonna do that!

Man, people wore flip flops all the time to my school. The bus should've just waited for you if you were running to it...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I prefer to wear shoes at school, mainly since I'm always rushing around, but eh...

...And again, I can't come up with anything else to say.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Running in flip flops is an art.