PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by simple things »

Aquablast said:
And what do you have in mind for your intro post?
:D i was thinking of just tuning in, like every one else did i'm sure. In the car a very long drive and all that stuff, i'll try and see if i can describe the dream he is having before his mother wakes him up to say that they are there. :)

Also, im sorry guys but how do i know what the time is in the world of YsF?. Yes...i am noobosity at this. :roll:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

simple things wrote:as for the Jay Naylor comics...the one that mostly disturbs me is the one with the black and white cat guy. And he does things that cannot be stated in this post. With like 4 different girls....
One of which was his sister. The other 3 were token members of other races meant to point out all his beliefs about them. (Like, whoever he thought Heyenas were was stupid, violent, and uncultured. HMM WHAT COULD HE HAVE MEANT BY THAT I WONDER.) But no, I'm not suggesting that about you or the attractive sister you might have. I'm just saying that I don't like Anthropomorphic animals who feel the need to wear clothes and stuff like that, as it gets in to the realm where you can't call it not furry. (Not counting Venison, who wears clothes due to his psychological state, which is good writing. Buckdida needs to come back and RP here more...) These characters are more than just humans with animal features: they're animals with a select few traits that allow us to observe their personality like human children in a human setting.

Keep in mind here that my favorite thing with anthropomorphic animals to come out in a while has been My Little Pony, which is pretty much as zoomorphic of character design as you can get. (I mean, they have HOOVES and walk on all fours.) On top of that, the most anthropomorphic thing I've written (aside from troll-fics) has been more about national-geographic portrayals and high-fantasy settings than actual anthropomorphic stuff.

Edit: BRAH! I left a complete post unsubmitted for hours and hours again!
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
simple things

Post by simple things »

RockstarRaccoon said
One of which was his sister. The other 3 were token members of other races meant to point out all his beliefs about them.
One of them, Was his...sister... His...sister...oh...*(projectile- vomits)*
RockstarRaccoon said
I'm not suggesting that about you or the attractive sister you might have
EWAHH...haha dude so nasty. And im an only child..LOL
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I'm just saying that I don't like Anthropomorphic animals who feel the need to wear clothes and stuff like that, as it gets in to the realm where you can't call it not furry. (Not counting Venison, who wears clothes due to his psychological state, which is good writing. Buckdida needs to come back and RP here more...) These characters are more than just humans with animal features: they're animals with a select few traits that allow us to observe their personality like human children in a human setting.
However do note that clothes can be more of a preference for the pets here actually and whether they feel the need or not is a completely different matter. Attitude-wise, if they are like human children then by all means they have the rights to wear clothes. Actually you don't even need to limit your characters to be childlike. As to the effects of what happens when their clothes are removed, being naked is simply a psychological condition as well. Why else do we have the term "naturist" for? It's society that dictates we need clothes, not because we are humans.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Keep in mind here that my favorite thing with anthropomorphic animals to come out in a while has been My Little Pony, which is pretty much as zoomorphic of character design as you can get.
Facepaw.png
Facepaw.png (36.78 KiB) Viewed 13376 times
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Hypergenesis said:
However do note that clothes can be more of a preference for the pets here actually and whether they feel the need or not is a completely different matter.
Hypergenesis...That's mental capacity my friend...and you...have allot of that. But i do agree with you, if they do feel the need to it is a different matter. But anthropomorphic characters wearing clothes...would seem more...appealing right. I mean not in some furry twisted way, But more...Decent
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Keep in mind here that my favorite thing with anthropomorphic animals to come out in a while has been My Little Pony, which is pretty much as zoomorphic of character design as you can get.
My...my little pony... :| ..ah..ha..haha..HAHA MY LITTLE PONY!?? ....YOUR.....HAHA THAT'S SO FUNNY ZOOMORPHIC!?
THEY ARE SPARKLING PINK PONIES THAT TALK..HAHAHAH ...MY LUNGS ARE BURNING FROM LAUGHING. AHH.SLIME....A SLIME

ALSO Hypergenesis

I know exactly how you feel right now T_T

RockstarRaccoon...YOU CRAZY DAWG :lol: :lol:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Yeah, I know. Furries don't seem to like MLP, and I can totally see why: it's not furry. It's a really straight forward children's cartoon, without any sort of starfoxery or whatever it is that Furries seem to latch on to in anthropomorphic characters. It's an interesting thing that I've slowly come to understand about you guys: "Furry" isn't REALLY about "Anthopomorphic Animals", but a certain attitude being taken with them, which is why I would LOVE a comic like HousePets, but CAN'T STAND something like Furthia High or Concessions, or any of the number of insistently "Furry" webcomics out there which have little to offer to someone who isn't into that...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
simple things

Post by simple things »

Haha yeah i can understand what you mean, I still watch Batman. Although, he does not sparkle, and he is not pink either. LOL.
What i enjoy when reading anything furry, is the art style and the way the characters are drawn. That's what i like looking out for the most. And no one had said anything about the time currently in Ysf.....MY...GOD..PEOPLE COUGH...GAHH...COUGH/ COUGH. AGHH!...AHH! SLIME....THERES A SLIME..THERES Aaa2ws3e5670 THERES A SLIME IT CAME BACK.AQDE5RT78Y
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Do note that I was facepawing because zoomorphism is basically an excuse for liking anthropomorphism. Human becoming animal as opposed to animals becoming humans... I would ask, "What's the difference?"
Because they establish their own society? Feh.
Because of the degree of anthropomorphism? Feh.
Because of how they are accepted? Double Feh.
Wikipedia wrote:Anthropomorphism is any attribution of human characteristics (or characteristics assumed to belong only to humans) to non-human animals, non-living things, phenomena, material states, objects or abstract concepts, such as spirits or deities.
Zoomorphism is the shaping of something in animal form or terms. Examples include:
  • Art that imagines humans as animals.
They're, as for this discussion, the same thing!!! º Дº

Anyways, this is going too off-topic by now so I won't respond to anything relating to it after this.
●----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------●
Time is 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM as I have indicated in my first long post.

With active members...

Spike and Arin: ~3:30 PM
Phi + Dusk, Alana, Rion + Varg: ~3:30 PM

Non-interacted...
Cesium + Lacooni: ~6:00 PM

The rest I call them idle.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hypergenesis wrote:Anyways, this is going too off-topic by now so I won't respond to anything relating to it after this.
Yes, I agree it is getting too off-topic. Anymore and I afraid I will be calling the mods to clean the off-topic posts.

@Raccoon
By the way, when are you free? Will you be free tomorrow around 2 AM (yours)? Bullet has been inactive for a bit too long, and I want to fix that as soon as possible.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Hypergenesis wrote:
Time is 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM as I have indicated in my first long post.
yet again you have proven to be extremely helpful. Thank you. :)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Aquablast wrote:Yes, I agree it is getting too off-topic. Anymore and I afraid I will be calling the mods to clean the off-topic posts.
I agree with this. Stay on topic. If you're going to discuss that stuff any further, there are threads in Not the Comic for that.

Why are there so many of us that are idle? Maybe simple things can fix that by interacting.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Thank you Tha Housefox.. when ever i would think of that name. I think of..LIKE A BOSS. lol

and i have no idea...erm..is any one in the actual stores... my character is gonna need to buy some stuff T_T.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

simple things wrote:and i have no idea...erm..is any one in the actual stores... my character is gonna need to buy some stuff T_T.
Either me or Nitz can probably GM it. But give me a while, I can't really think in peace right now.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sure, I can. Just indicate what sort of store it is.

and I'll decide how the storekeeper acts. >:3
Tha Housefox wrote:Why are there so many of us that are idle? Maybe simple things can fix that by interacting.
Me idle? Yeah, no characters to play, PC or NPC.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Oh That's good. At least i'll have someone who can help me. SHOPING SPREE BABY. Ahem any way..what did you mean no characters to play? i did'n understand. :?:
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Either I monologue like a sad sad fox, or not post at all since my characters are way ahead in time. Also, everyone's in a private space: home, home home, etc. so I can't really have an NPC drop by because i already had a burglar earlier this RP day and Yorkshire's not that so much of a dangerous place.
simple things

Post by simple things »

i...see... How far ahead of time are you exactly?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

6:10 PM, my character Cesium arrives home.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Oh then we would probably be meeting each other then. My character is going there around 6 too, and its raining like no ones business
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

So yeah, I'm leavign the RP, SOrry. Goodbye all
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

De javu, it's like that time when so many people left again.

Anyways, sorry to hear that, but I hope you enjoyed your time in YsF at least.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

For the msot part yes, again, goodbye to all
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Goodbye, Rendak. At least you had fun.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Calm down. Things usually happen slowly in here. I guess we should have warned you that might happen.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hm? You do know arcs are simply the events that happen between a certain group right?

Now as for your character, he's in a car in the middle of nowhere. The characters in this RP aren't gods or wizards with teleportation and clairvoyance abilities so they can't interact with you until they actually meet up with your character, which at the moment is clearly impossible. So if you want to RP with others, it would be best to make your next post and place your character in a place where he can meet someone during a storm.

As my character isn't clearly anywhere, I could have him enter the establishment you choose once you have posted that in.

Lastly, calm down. No sense in posting with big letters if people can read the normal font fine. It adds to the negative dimension of typed speech unless properly used. The RP's here have quite a tendency to go into idle periods as people can't be always free. I would say most of the players are students who have to attend to regular classes and when there's school there's assignment, at least that's the general idea. Sure it does get disappointing to be waiting for days on weeks for your partner(s) to post, but sometimes it just can't be helped.
simple things

Post by simple things »

i did not say that i apologise, i left my freaking options open for my Dumb cousin Tyson. I apologise one again
(Revs chainsaw). be back soon guys :evil:.

i know..who leaves their login info for their 13 yearold cousin....freaken....idiot, does anyone know how to delete posts on here. Or is that impossible?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Eh, bye, Rendak!
simple things wrote:i did not say that i apologise, i left my freaking options open for my Dumb cousin Tyson. I apologise one again

i know..who leaves their login info for their 13 yearold cousin....freaken....idiot, does anyone know how to delete posts on here. Or is that impossible?
Only mods can delete posts that aren't the last post.

Though for the question (even if you didn't ask that, it is still a valid question), I am just too busy to take care of this right now. If you want, try to join another neighbor while you wait.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Heh, i didn't ask that if that's what you were insinuating. And that's fine dude I'm good in this neighbourhood. But what do you mean you don't have time, did you move or is it literally on the forums here?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

simple things wrote:i did not say that i apologise, i left my freaking options open for my Dumb cousin Tyson. I apologise one again

You can still press the edit button and edit the message out.
simple things

Post by simple things »

thanks again Nitz.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

simple things wrote:Heh, i didn't ask that if that's what you were insinuating. And that's fine dude I'm good in this neighbourhood. But what do you mean you don't have time, did you move or is it literally on the forums here?
Busy with schoolwork I think.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, hi everyone. I was hoping to join this neighbourhood with this character, if it's OK.

Name
Tuah (pronounced 'too-ah') Rezki

Character Type
Main

Species
Domestic Cat

Neighborhood
Yorkshire Fields

Appearance
Tuah has a lean build and an average height, with golden eyes. He has a ginger coat with white stripes running through horizontally across his back, while his underbelly is pure white. The end of his four limbs are also white in colour, halfway up his forearms and legs. His tail is unusually fluffy, and is completely ginger. He is mute, and he interacts with others by writing on a waterproof notepad that he always carries around with him. Because of this, he has a small sling bag like this to store his spare notepads and pens. He wears a red collar and his tag is shaped like a six-pointed star, blue in colour.

Personality
Tuah has a reserved nature, preferring not to talk (or in his case, write) to others he doesn't know and shy himself in a corner to avoid contact. However, once he starts to warm up to someone, he will become more lively in his actions and cheerful in his mannerism. To make up for his inablility to speak, he writes very fast and beautifully in a conversation. He is a good listener by nature, and will console anyone who seems to be down in the dumps and is willing to share their problems with him. Tuah hates confrontations and fights, and will instantly withdraw himself away from them, either by running away or shutting himself away by crouching. He also loves to read, and will spend his time reading a novel when he's free.

Background
Tuah used to be a stray cat for the early three human years of his life, living off the streets in a slum in Malaysia, barely surviving each day. He was also abused physically by a lot of people and other stray cats, causing him to be submissive. Then, one day, he caught a very strong fever, and was on the verge of dying when a young man named Rezki took him in and brought him for treatment. Tuah was able to recover from the fever, but unfortunately, due to the side-effect from it, he became mute and is unable to speak anymore. This didn't bother Tuah at all, as he owed his life to the good samaritan, especially when Rezki asked him whether he wanted to become his child. Tuah immediately said yes, and was given the name Tuah, as a symbol of how lucky he was to survive the fever.

They lived happily together for more than a year in an apartment in Malaysia, with Rezki working as a freelance writer for magazines and newspapers. Tuah rarely got out of the house, since the apartment was not really pet-friendly. Noticing this, and because he wants his child to be among his own peers, his father did some research on neighbourhoods that are pet-friendly in the country, but none seems to really fit his description of the perfect place for Tuah. Until he stumbled across the description of Yorkshire Fields, a place far away from there. Rezki liked the place immediately, and he knew he had just enough to move there. So, using his own life savings and with some more help from friends, he purchased an apartment room there and flew there with Tuah to move in. Tuah, however, was a bit apprehensive about the idea of moving so far away, and he naturally became nervous at the prospect of living there. But seeing his father was so keen with it and that he tries so hard to help him live better, Tuah steeled himself.

Other Notes
- Tuah knows Malay as his native language, and learned English from his father, though he can sometimes write something in Malay by habit.
- Tuah is Malay for 'luck' and Rezki could mean fortune or sustenance. His full name follows the general naming convention in Malaysia, with the child taking the name of his father as his surname instead of a family name.
- He still remembers methods on how to survive on the streets, though he prefers not to recall any of them.

SPECIAL
STR = 6
PER = 8 "Hmm, this guy seems to hide something... Is he OK?"
END = 4 [Yalah, I'm not really in fighting shape actually...]
CHA = 3 "Erm, hi there."
INT = 7 [I've read a lot of books, including dictionaries!]
AGI = 7 [You need to run fast if you want to survive one day on the streets...]
LUC = 7 "Hey, I found a dollar!"

Colour #FF4000
{The square brackets are his writings, while the italics is his thoughts.}

House layout (Apartment room; 90 Brook Lane; third floor)
YsF room layout.png
YsF room layout.png (82.66 KiB) Viewed 13192 times
[Changelog]
14/8/2011 = Posted house layout
Last edited by kurowolfe on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Standard would have been:
"Speech"
Thought
[Written] <- No clue if it is.
Human
Secondary Character
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

@kurowolfe
Your character looks fine, so approved. Did you read the last two pages of YsF? Do you know what's going on and do you have any idea on how to start?
Hypergenesis wrote:
simple things wrote:Heh, i didn't ask that if that's what you were insinuating. And that's fine dude I'm good in this neighbourhood. But what do you mean you don't have time, did you move or is it literally on the forums here?
Busy with schoolwork I think.
What Nitz said. Not to mention I haven't read any text books yet...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

@Hypergenesis
Changed, so that it's easier to understand.

@Aquablast
Thanks! Hypergenesis did sent me a rough summary about what's happening right now, but I'll need to read a few pages back so that I can understand clearly what's going on. Ideas on starting are also given.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Awaiting for The Game.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Deleted the post in question.

Dang, I missed KW's character! Oh well, I like it. :3
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Waiting for simple things and kondog to post before I'm posting. O wo
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ok, I'll wait too

The Game

Post by The Game »

Super huge mega giant apology for disappearing. I lost all appeal for RPing for a while, but I'm back now :)