Housepets:Gotta Get Back In Time

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Helmetzid

Housepets:Gotta Get Back In Time

Post by Helmetzid »

(WARNING: some of this story, like the later use of the delorean, the dates and times, and also several other elements were pulled from back to the future, as you can tell I used the 1955 date and time from the first film and used the 1985 date from the end as the current time, seems fitting, so I don’t really need that many comments insulting a rip off of a story, because I had an idea and I lost it, so this is until I remember the main fanfic, also, the reason king is still alive in 2018 is cause I’m using the housepets forum roleplaying ages, since he's three in the comic, I figured six years space is the best place to go with it for him to be a grandfather)

Chapter one: The gift and The Truth

:location-Babylon gardens, date-November 12th, 2011 10:00 pm:

:Kit's POV:
Hey, my name is kit and this is my story, err my grandfathers, but rather than explain the boring details...ill just start at the beginning.

:date-October 26th, 2018 9:00 am:
I was sitting on the front porch when my grandfather, king, showed up for a visit, "Hey grandpa" I said to him as I was finishing a text to wolf, a friend of mine, "Hey kit, happy birthday, I have a present for you" he says to me, walking over and giving me a giant book. "What’s this?" I say, opening it, "This is a photo album that me and your father used, it contains all sorts of photos from our lives" he says as I open to a random page, "Hey, that’s you and grandma" I say, pointing to a picture of him and Sasha sitting on a hill at sunset dated November 12th 2011. "Man, I remember those years" he says to me, smiling.

:date-October 30th, 2011 8:45 am:
:King's POV:
I walk outside and take start walking down the street, Another day, another horrible 24 hours of my dog existence, I think with a sigh, "Hey look, its shorty" bino says as he starts walking over, Great, bino the king of nothing I think to myself as he starts walking over, I look behind him and see Sasha following behind, Man, why can’t she see bino for who he is, he doesn’t love her at all I think before he walks over. "Well, what are you doing out here, thinking of new ways to showboat?” he says to me with his usual smart mouth, “You know what bino? Why don’t you go do what you usually do, go to Fido and beg to be in charge of the club you have no important place in!” I say to him before he punches me square in the face so hard I get knocked out when I hit the ground.

I wake up to find myself on the couch in miles’ house with Sasha over me, “Oh man my head” I say, my head feeling like it was hit by a baseball bat, “It’s alright, you’ve been out for about two hours now” Sasha says to me as she helps me up. “Thanks Sasha, but why aren’t you with bino right now??” I ask her as I stand up to stretch, “I couldn’t just leave you there like that, but I’ll go and catch up with him later” she says, smiling, “Sasha, I have to tell the truth about bino, he doesn’t love you, he only goes out with you to show off he can get a beautiful girl as his girlfriend and have some form of respect, he doesn’t deserve to receive your kindness or love” I say, looking her in the eyes. Oh god, what have I just done
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Housepets:Gotta Get Back In Time

Post by copper »

A BAck to the Future story? Sounds interesting.

I thought pets lived to like forty. Wouldn't a few years make little difference? Oh well. I am sure it works out just fine.

King just put his foot in his mouth. I can't wait to see how this turns out! ;)
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

thanks copper, and like i said, i was going by the roleplaying forums age thing so 9-11 years is old dog in human years for there, i figure its easier to go with that then use real dogs ages
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am just ahppy to see a king of hearts fic! They are so rare...
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

i know! i was kinda sad when i never found any, i think what king says at the end is true though, he never does appriciate her enough, just treats her like something he can show off
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

There is more, but it isn't shown often.

But I like King of hearts. Very Daww...
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

yeah, the coupling is cute, but he should be a little taller if hes gonna try to get her from bino also:the actual time traveling wount take place until after the scene with the picture happens another also: since im 14 and dont have that much of a social life, ill be able to post these like once every 1-3 days, more than likely 1 or 2, three if somethign comes up in my life
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yay! Awesome fast updates. Well, you now have something to do with your free time! :lol:
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

T_T i HATE this server, worked on a chapter for 3 hours, went to post it, then WHAM it brings up a different page, all that work, GONE :cry: THESE SERVERS WILL PAY!!!! :evil:
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You know, if you click the back arrow button in your browser, there will be your story in the original post. Just wait three minutes and try posting again then. Sorry to hear about your chapter. I know you can come up with something even better, though! :)
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

I understand your pain, I can't seem to stay loged in... every other page say I have to "log in" and after I log in, it taks me back to the index and so by the time I get back to the story I'm looking at... it ask for me to "log in" agane...
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

after collecting my mind....i believe i remember most of the chapter, ill type it up tonight and post it, cause im busy with my new room right now
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

sorry about the lack of posting, ALOT going on for some reason, talk about timing right?? i should be able to post tommorrow if time permits, for now, i must sleep, COME MR. SNUGGLES *walks off holding a teddy bear*
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

(Mr. Snuggles made me sick, sorry for the delay)

Chapter 2:The Power Of Love(cliche much???)

"He never loved me at all" she says, crying into my shoulder, "How could i be so stupid" she says before sobbing more, "No, your not" i say pulling her back so she looks me in the eyes, "You're beautiful, intelligent, kind, caring and if bino cant see that then he doesnt deserve you" i tell her as she smiles at me. "Thank you king" she says, hugging me, "You're welcome" i say hugging back before she stands up and walks to the door, "I better go" she says as she walks out, "See ya" i say closing the door behind her, Whats WRONG with me?! Why did i say those things! I'm a human, not a dog! W-Wait, a second Flashback! :arrow: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/06/0 ... ear-three/ C-could the way to embrace my dog side be....to fall in love???

*two hours of confusion and cub fighting later*

"I got it!" i shout as i walk to the door where someone wont stop pounding on it, "what do you want" i say as i open the door and bino sends me flying backwards, "What did you say to sasha?!" bino says, storming in, "I told her the truth! You dont love her!" i say, standing up into a fighting position, "What do you care? She's mine not yours!" he says, getting angry. Kitsune. Yeah? I need you to take me over for this fight But I- Before you say it, I'll become your avatar. Right after i think it, i float up in the air and a blinding light flashes into the room and when it dies down, i land and am wearing bandages that start at the elbow and cross up to my fist wrapping around each finger, and long black pants with white sneakers and shin guards.

"Oh wow, you can change your outfit, big deal" he says charging over and punching me in the face, knocking my sunglasses off and breaking them, (Mods please forgive this next line, its self sensored and all, but i needed a good quote, couldnt find one) "Those were $500 sunglasses ***hole" i say uppercutting him while my fist is coated with gold energy, and just as he's coming down i kick him into the wall. "FIGHT!" kitsune's disembodied voice declared inside the house, Way to keep this a BTTF fiction helm. HEY, im the writer, your not supposed to talk to me, we're gonna break the fourth wall!! SORRY!!! Bino immediately stands up and rushes at me but i sweep kick him, "You shouldn't attack blindly bino!" i shout at him as he stands up and i give him a taste of the signature 'Nutbreaker'. "FINISH HIM!" his voice shouts as bino stands there in pain, abiding to what he says i give him a Golden Shadow Kick out of the front door, sasha ducking just in time, "Sasha!" i shout as my fighting wardrobe disappears and i run over, "I'm REALLY sorry about that, he barged in and got in my face about you and i snapped" i say, head drooping. "It's ok" she says, and just as i bring my head up she pulls me close and kisses me.

(to be honest, i didnt know any other way of how do the fight scene, so i figured, why not bring the best fighting series into it, also, like ive said before, time traveling is on its way, just not right way, got work up to it. and again APOLOGIES for lateness, was busy and sick and didnt have time, but since no ones coming to my birthday, i can give everyone else a present instead friday/saturday)

EDIT:about the cub fighting, i figured he couldnt sit in miles house for two hours with almost getting buried in the yard or something worse by the cubs again, so i put that in there
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Quite a twist there, Helmetzid! And transformation scene FTW X3

The fight scene is really interesting, especially when King stopping Kitsune from breaking the fourth wall XD

It's a bit hard for me to keep up with the narration though, you should try to pace out the story and not rush.
Err... *ahem* It's not like me to give out criticism, sorry bout that.

Hope you get well soon Helmetzid!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

you misunderstood, the only reason i got it DONE was cause i got better, and i rushed because i had what i lost previously perfectly in my head and didnt want to lose it, but in the process, messed up narration, to be honest, im better with first person switching POV with three or four characters
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, OK then.
Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next one, if you don't mind ;)

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice update! So King is now the Kitsune's avatar. What fun!!

It was a bit rushed, but it could also be followed, so just take a step back and read before you post and all should go well. :lol:

Well, the Kitsune always did have a sense of humor...
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

ill be making a post sometime tommorrow, do i get bonus points for working on my birthday?????
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

in our eyes, maybe. but nothing official. sorry.
oh, and good update before. apparently I didn't say anything.
and happy birthday, by the way.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

got dragged away from my house all day and just got back, and had no time to write anything, so im gonna try to finish tonight if i can
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

take as much time as you need.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Chapter 3:The Libyans..er...Dogs

At first, the kiss had shocked me, but then i kissed back, "W-Why did you do that?" i asked her as both of our faces reddened, "Welll, you did just fight for me, after all" she says as she sits down, "besides, i have always liked you" she says as i sit next to her. "Listen, Keene told me the ferrets are having this dance next week, w-would you wanna g-go?" i ask her, "I'd love to" she says before standing up, "I should go" she says as we both walk to the door, "I need a walk so i guess we're both leaving" i say as i open the door for her and we both walk out and down the sidewalk, "Bye king" she says, kissing me and walking off.

Walking down the street, the one thing on my mind was the dance, that is before my phone started going off, it was a text, King, this is fox, my phone died so i had to borrow someone elses, come to the clubhouse, i wanted to talk to you, so i shot back a text and run to the clubhouse, eager to get my mind on something else. "So eager to see fox you didnt stop to think" a voice says once i enter the pitch black building, "Grab him" the voice says before I'm picked up from behind and the lights are turned on revealing rex holding me and bino standing there infront of me.

"Thought you could try and steal my girlfriend, huh?" he says getting closer, "Well, I'm not gonna let you get that far ahead" he tells me right in my face, "What are you gonna do about it air head?" i say to him as he gets a big grin, "Detain you" he says as he walks over to a door and opns it, rex throwing me in and down a flight of stairs into the basement, "I'll come back in a week, after the dance, there should be some preserves down there, i think" he says, closing the door and locking it behind him, "No problem, kitsune can just unlock the door" i say just as a note appears, and in the dim light i can barely read the writing, King, called away on urgent matters, will return on saturday, "well....THIS sucks" i say as the sun sets, putting me in complete dark as i hear the dead battery tone on my phone go off

(sorry it took so long, and i originally had another idea, but i was watching some BTTF youtube videos and it came to me, so that new idea is the new chapter 3, chapter 4 will be my old idea)
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Lol, the Kitsune left him when he needed him the most! XD "Will return on Saturday", that just cracks me up.

Bino is quick to plot his revenge, huh?

Sweet update, helm~ :D

Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

thanks! guess it pays off to miss the update day, huh
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

good update. at least we know king survives. I just hope he doesn't go crazy in that basement.

looking forward to the next update.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice update. King gets the girl, then loses her, or so it seems.

Oh, Kitsune. When are you ever useful? :lol:

I bet someone just accidentally walks in and frees him.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Kitsuna should really check where king is and if he needs help before leaving. That would be best. Bino smells. Glad you did a fight scene. hope he gets beaten up in the end =). Amazing cliff hanger. You are very imaginative. I think because Pete turned king (or is it joel?) into a dog, only to have kitsuna steal him, pete might save king and try to win him over, only to realize kitsuna already made him her (is it a her? i think it is) avatar. or maybe that's just me. It's fun trying to guess the plot :D .
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

1>its Kitsune, not kitsuna, not tryin to be rude or anything and 2>im 87% sure for the 3/4 i have planned, pete has no part in the story
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Chapter 4:Doc!(The title is foreshadowing, 100 points for the first person to guess as to what)

After sitting in the dark, cold basement for 4 days, trying to think of an escape plan, i heard someone open the front door, "Ok fido said the decorations we needed for saturday are in the basement" said the voice, and for a second i didn't know who it was, but once the door opened, "Fox! Thank god you're here!" i shouted as i ran up and gave him a big thank you hug. "Woah! King, where's the fire" he asks me, as we bot walk over and sit down on some chairs, "I've been locked down there since saturday" i say as fox gives me a look, "Who did that?" he asks me, "Bino, who else?" i say as fox pulls out an apple and gives it to me, "Why'd he do it?" he asks me as i finish devouring the apple, the only thing for me to use in the basement being water, "Well, i did kinda tell sasha he doesn't love her and then ask her out" i say, with a red face. "Hey, what happened to your head" i say, just noticing the bandage, "Oh, this! My dad needed me to hang a clock in the bathroom and the seat was wet so i slipped and hit my head on the countertop" he tells me making me frown, "Don't worry, I'm fine" he says, giving me a reassuring smile.

Walking down the street later, thinking of my next plan, i run into peanut and grape, "Hey king!" peanut says with a smile, "Hey guys, whats up?" i ask them, "Two more of the Milton ferrets' 'animals are human too' program animals moved in next to you" grape says to me, seeming excited, but annoyed at the same time, "Huh, guess i better go introduce myself then" i say, walking off, having no idea what to expect as i go up to the new neighbors door. Neverous, i knock on the door to be greeted by a male cat, about 3 years of age(second attachment), "DAD, Some dogs at the door!" he shouts, just before a cat looking just like him walks in, about 4-5 years of age(first attachment), "Hello, can i help you?" he asks me, "Yeah, I live next door and thought i'd say welcome to the neighborhood" i say to him, making him smile, "Thanks, that makes you the first, guess people are weary of the Milton Program Pets, huh?" he says to me, "Actually i live with a pack of wolves next door, they're part of it to" i tell them both. "Dad, can we go see them sometime?" he asks his father, "Sure, oh, sorry, my name is Jaxon Night, please call me Jax" he says, shaking my hand, "My name is Markas" he says, shaking it when his father is done, "My name is king" i tell them, "Not to intrude but wheres the boy's mo-" was all i got out before jax covered my mouth, "Markas, could you go play while the grown ups talk?" he asks him, making him nod and walk off happily.

"I'm sorry about that, it's just she died when he was young, it happened infront of him and he remembers, i try to avoid bringing her up to keep him happy" he says with a faint smile, "I'm so sorry i didn't know" i say to him, "Don't be, she died saving our lives in a fire, besides, she wouldn't want us sulking after all these years" he says to me, barely managing to smile, "Listen jax, the miltons are having a party saturday, you should come and bring you son, help both of you move away from the past" i say to him, sympathetically, "You know what, we'll take you up on that offer, thanks king" he says before walking back in and shutting the door, walking away, i couldnt help but remember the feeling when i looked in markas' eyes, it was so....familiar.

(OH MY GAWD i racked my brain, i didnt know where to go after peanut and grape showed up, but once again, a youtube search saved my fanfiction...anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter)
edit:LONGEST CHAPTER SO FAR!!!!
Attachments
Jax
Jax
Jax Night-Housepets GGBIT.png (28.41 KiB) Viewed 21970 times
Markas
Markas
Markas Night-Housepets GGBIT.png (27.48 KiB) Viewed 21970 times
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

where did you get your attachments? it is awesome.

Did you draw them? If you did can you PM me about whitch program.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yes!!! YES!!!! Fox is the Professor!!!!!!

So new neighbors, huh? This should get interesting indeed.
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

*gives the 100 points to copper*good job, and yes it shall be, you also get points if you can make the connection that king recognised
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Chapter Filler:The Info Not Wanted Explained In The Actual Story
:Jax's POV:
"Dad...that dog, was he?" markas asks me before i cut in, "It can't be him son, she said he was a human, it's impossible" i tell him, sitting on the couch, "You once said that to Kitsune" he said, sitting next to me, "But it's impossible for him to have changed" i tell him, looking him in the eyes, "She said that i would know him when i looked him in the eyes....dad, that has to have been him" he says, as i stare at the picture of the two of us with the white cat with yellow eyes and the black collar. "Son, i don't know if your mother knew this, but that dog might have been her old owner, that might have been Joel Robinson" i say, fearing running into Kitsune, Pete, and the Spirit Dragon again.

(would have been working on the chapter, but i didnt feel like it made sense for king to know about this private conversation and be telling it to Kit, so i just made it a filler before i posted it, so you would know the whole story)
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh wow, I missed a lot!
Well, I'm glad King got out of there without harm or anything...

And both Jax and Markas are really interesting characters, especially since you have their drawings too.

Oh wow, the filler is really a surprising one! So the father and son are related to King in some way? And how do get to know of the spirit guardians?

Huh, guess I'll have to wait to find out... I'll be here, Helm! X3

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

What a Twist!!! :lol:

Jax was the husband of Joel's old cat? The son Markas is basically a relative of Joel/King!?!?!?

This should get very interesting now...
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

did you remember what the cat looked like, or did you just look through each strip
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The cat was white, no?

I have not seen that strip in a while.
My characters
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Chapter 5:The Discovery and The Truth

Sitting on a couch for 5 hours while being attacked by cubs isn't something enjoyable, "GUYS IM TRYING TO THINK!" i shout as they tie me to the ottoman, "On the battlefield, you have to be aware of your surroundings." Rockstar Hawk said, looming over me, "An attack came come from any direction" he says, with a wicked smile on his face, "Har Har 'Big Boss' why don't you act normal for a second and UNTIE ME!" i shout at him, struggling to get free as fido opens the door, "Hey kin-" he starts to say before noticing us, "Guys, get off him" he says as they untie me, "Thanks fido" i say to him as the cubs leave the room and he sits on the couch, "Fox told me what happened between you and bino, both the fight and the basement" he says to me.

"So, need any help keeping you safe 'til saturday?" he asks me, making me baffled, "Wait, what? Why would you do something like that?" i ask him, "Cause bino's getting a little too big headed, and making sasha yours would really put him in a windfall" he tells me as i move to sit on the couch, "OK, why do so many people have evil intentions lately" i ask, "They're not evil, I'm trying to show bino that being evils not the right path" he says as he walks to the door, "Don't worry, I'll make sure your safe for now" he says walking out and closing the door. Once he's gone, i pull out my wallet and look at the photo, of the human me with my two pets, once i look into her eyes i instantly realize who that kid was, and why i recognised him, he was the son of my old cat, of Snow.

I bolt out the front door and to Jax's house, pounding on the front door, "Hey king" he says to me after opening the door, "I know about snow" i tell him, "Come on in" he says to me, i walk in and sit on the living room couch, "So....you really are Joel" he says to me, unknowing about my past, "Yeah...but you can't tell anyone except for markas" i tell him, almost panicked, "Why? Cause of Kitsune, Pete, and the Spirit Dragon?" he asks me, "Thats partly it, but before i became a dog...I worked for PETA and got dragged into kidnapping a dog" i tell him, "We've all made mistakes in our lives king, we have to put the past behind us" he tells me, and thats when i get an idea, "Then why don't we do something to help the three of us put the death of snow behind us?" i ask him, "What did you have in mind?" he asks me, causeing me to smile.
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

good update, but it may have seemed a bit rushed. what reason did King have to randomly pull out the old picture of himself and his pets? it seemed to come out of nowhere.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets