Contest of Sorts: What Happened to Sleet's Eye?

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Contest of Sorts: What Happened to Sleet's Eye?

Post by Sleet »

As we all know, my fursona has no right eye, so it's replaced with a mechanical one. I never came up with a backstory for this, however. So what I want you to do is propose stories for how it happened! It can be a few words or it can be a whole story. It doesn't matter! If one tickles my fancy enough, it will become the "canon" explanation for what happened to my eye!

Ready go.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Contest of Sorts: What Happened to Sleet's Eye?

Post by 44R0NM10 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz6jgntkegw

This is what happened. Word for word. For those who know the complete story, yes, that means he did do that after the battle :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

you gave it to somebody as a gift. they lost both of theirs, so you let them see by sacrificing your eye. don't ask me how your friend lost their eyes.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:don't ask me how your friend lost their eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz6jgntkegw
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

hahahahaha, clever. I was thinking about how Kakashi got his shringan eye in Naruto. :lol:
Zander

Post by Zander »

Four score and seven years ago there lived an unhappy tree elf. He was so unhappy that he once went to his local computer store and bought a 56.9654 in. tv screen so he and his little dancing banana friends could watch CSI monday nights at the local barbershop. As he was loading it into his Volkswagen bug named herbie, a giant pirate ninja jumped from the ocean (Because they live on the beach, obviously) and started to throw fish sticks to everyone, little did the villagers know that the fish sticks were tainted with salmonella because they were made at the peter pan peanut butter factory.
So the S.T.U.P.I.D group (Strange Turtles Under the Prying Influence of Darkness) came up from the center of the earth to end world war 585.7 (did i mention this takes place in the future?) But fail miserably so that all the tree elves were killed tragically.
7 years pass before the next battalion of tight pants fighters rise up to defeat the evil lord Griffin, who has enslaved every reader of his dreaded comic to dig gardens for him and plant coca-cola trees in the bitter cold of the Sahara desert.

However, one hero stood up against all odds. His bravery was heard through all the nations of Pandora, he spread peace and candy among everyone.
alongside him were the trusty moderators, weilding their diamond plated ipads and shatterproof coffee mugs to defeat the evil lord Griffin.

The charged into his top secret lair, located in the middle of the city in plain sight, and challenged him to a duel.The brave warrior stood up against Griffin as they both agreed to a 1 on 1 fight. Rick Grabbed forth his mighty pencil of terror, and the warrior wielded his high powered laser pointer. He aimed for Griffin's eyes, but Rick was a nifty one. He quickly drew a mirror in between the two, and the laser reflected back toward the faithful warrior, striking him in his eye.

He fell to the ground as Griffin laughed, but Rick's laughed were too powerful, and the whole lair began to shake. Large boulders rained from the domed ceiling as the walls caved in. The moderators dragged the warrior out just in time for it to collapse on Rick.

The warrior recovered, but his eye never fully healed. He could not live in the embarrassment and shame of his failure, so he fled through his time machine back to earlier days.. he now lives among us anonymously, no one even knows his gender. All we know..

is his name is Sleet.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

One day Sleet was eating a Cheeto and his finger slipped
Image Image
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Hmm... well, you mentioned going to medical school, so let's say fursona!Sleet is a doctor of some sort.

At some point while working in some impoverished village with a highly contagious patient who has contracted some mysterious disease, your eye begins to itch. You ignore it, slugging on and trying to find a treatment. Finally, late at night, you piece together what the disease is in a brief, random epiphany. Y'know, like House. The only problem is, you'll have to have it brought in, and that could take almost a week. It'll help prevent further outbreaks, but by then it'll be too late It's then that you realize why your eye has been getting progressively worse: you're infected too. You don't have time for a second opinion. If you wait, the infection could spread. Besides, some guy who does cybernetics work owes you a favor. Lucky you, right? So, you grab your medical kit, a mirror, and a few shots of local anesthetic, and lock yourself in the bathroom and, because only pansies pay other people to operate on them, you surgically remove your own eye.

Like a boss.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

my new guess: you are actually a robot who lost his/her mechanical left eye and had it replaced with a biological one.
Zander wrote:Four score and seven years ago there lived an unhappy tree elf. He was so unhappy that he once went to his local computer store and bought a 56.9654 in. tv screen so he and his little dancing banana friends could watch CSI monday nights at the local barbershop. As he was loading it into his Volkswagen bug named herbie, a giant pirate ninja jumped from the ocean (Because they live on the beach, obviously) and started to throw fish sticks to everyone, little did the villagers know that the fish sticks were tainted with salmonella because they were made at the peter pan peanut butter factory.
So the S.T.U.P.I.D group (Strange Turtles Under the Prying Influence of Darkness) came up from the center of the earth to end world war 585.7 (did i mention this takes place in the future?) But fail miserably so that all the tree elves were killed tragically.
7 years pass before the next battalion of tight pants fighters rise up to defeat the evil lord Griffin, who has enslaved every reader of his dreaded comic to dig gardens for him and plant coca-cola trees in the bitter cold of the Sahara desert.

However, one hero stood up against all odds. His bravery was heard through all the nations of Pandora, he spread peace and candy among everyone.
alongside him were the trusty moderators, weilding their diamond plated ipads and shatterproof coffee mugs to defeat the evil lord Griffin.

The charged into his top secret lair, located in the middle of the city in plain sight, and challenged him to a duel.The brave warrior stood up against Griffin as they both agreed to a 1 on 1 fight. Rick Grabbed forth his mighty pencil of terror, and the warrior wielded his high powered laser pointer. He aimed for Griffin's eyes, but Rick was a nifty one. He quickly drew a mirror in between the two, and the laser reflected back toward the faithful warrior, striking him in his eye.

He fell to the ground as Griffin laughed, but Rick's laughed were too powerful, and the whole lair began to shake. Large boulders rained from the domed ceiling as the walls caved in. The moderators dragged the warrior out just in time for it to collapse on Rick.

The warrior recovered, but his eye never fully healed. He could not live in the embarrassment and shame of his failure, so he fled through his time machine back to earlier days.. he now lives among us anonymously, no one even knows his gender. All we know..

is his name is Sleet.
I like this, because I like the idea of myself as an ancient mod warrior who trains the younger Sleet in the future before I die peacefully and my spirit guides Sleet through his/her battle. along with my own dead master, who is actually Sleet him/herself. and I get a fancy iPad.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Koush

Post by Koush »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:my new guess: you are actually a robot who lost his/her mechanical left eye and had it replaced with a biological one.
hahahaha that's a clever one! XD Quite a twist!
Grape and Peanut <3 So cuuuute <3
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Sleet didn't lose their eye. The cybernetic one is hereditary. See, Lamarck was right.
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

Well you see...She made some pasta, It flew out the window on an airplane, she tried to jump out after it, and she slipped on a potato and she fell on a 72 Dollar bill and she got so happy she jumped up and her pasta hit her in the eye and it ate her eye and it flew away. So she replaced it with a mechanical one.
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Assuming Sleet is female and we dated, there was a horrible kissing accident.

^^;;

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:Assuming Sleet is female and we dated, there was a horrible kissing accident.

^^;;
Let me tell you guys, those buck teeth squirrels have can be dangerous.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:
Dissension wrote:Assuming Sleet is female and we dated, there was a horrible kissing accident.

^^;;
Let me tell you guys, those buck teeth squirrels have can be dangerous.
hypothetically, of course.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Sleet wrote:As we all know, my fursona has no right eye
obviously, everyone here knows and it is ok to assume as such.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Psykeout wrote:
Sleet wrote:As we all know, my fursona has no right eye
obviously, everyone here knows and it is ok to assume as such.
Obviously.

It was tongue-in-cheek. If I was really assuming I wouldn't have even said anything.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

So perhaps you could have typed it as "As we all know, my fursona has no right eye." =P
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

A frustrated contestant from the "Guess if I'm male or female" contest.
=====================================================
You were born with a defective right eye and because there was a shortage of magical eyes, you got a mechanical one instead.
The best thing about contests like this is the fact that there are no right answers but at the end of the contest there will be one.
While drawing your fursona for the first time, you forgot to draw in the right eye. So when people started drawing you with a right eye, you had to make up a story on how you got a right eye.
With cybernetic implants being the winner.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I never knew till now. But umm.....why did you not have your own story made? ^^;
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

It's more like giving your character variety but without thinking how they got it.

If I made a character and say he/she got dragon blood and can transform into a dragon. I would make a story for that, but if I have that character have dragon wings that are always out, I might come and say it's a "curse", but I never do need to make a reason how he/she was cursed. So one of these days, I can hold a contest like this too.

Something like that.

... Probably.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah. like I could have my shape-shifting abilities without explanation, but instead I told you a wizard did it.

by the way, a wizard took your eye.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Right Eye.png
Right Eye.png (43.77 KiB) Viewed 20403 times
In my defense I was giving a child directions.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

:lol:

I am not good at this...

Sleet lost his/her eye in the attainment of wisdom, just as Odin did. In the fox's constant pursuit of enlightenment, Sleet gave its right eye to a blind man in return for all of the man's knowledge and wisdom. This man was known as a famous scholar and genius at robotics. Sleet made their own eye after acquiring the man's knowledge, wisdom, and experience. Sleet does not regret the loss of his/her eye, for she/he has gained so much more...

Are we allowed more than one, or just the one story?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You don't win anything for being picked, so by all means, enter as many as you want!

Love the comic, Hypergenesis. <3 That doesn't necessarily mean you win, though. I just love that you drew it. *giggles*
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I know, I just couldn't find a better way to explain it. XD
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Due to having two Sleets, but only one set of eyes, they had to get a mechanical pair so they could both get a real eye?
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

KalloonWhite wrote:Due to having two Sleets, but only one set of eyes, they had to get a mechanical pair so they could both get a real eye?
but then one would have a mechanical left eye while the other has a mechanical right eye.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
KalloonWhite wrote:Due to having two Sleets, but only one set of eyes, they had to get a mechanical pair so they could both get a real eye?
but then one would have a mechanical left eye while the other has a mechanical right eye.
I didn't know eyes had designated sockets.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

KalloonWhite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I didn't know eyes had designated sockets.
they might. I don't think anyone's tried surgically switching eyes yet.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
FuhrerVonZephyr

Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

Assuming fursona Sleet is a doctor, let's say that he/she voluntarily had his/her eye replaced so he/she could improve his/her doctoring skills with an augmented reality system built into the mechanical eye.

Edit: Or maybe the eye was blinded in some sort of accident, and he/she replaced it. I imagine depth perception is probably very important to a doctor.
Last edited by FuhrerVonZephyr on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys! I make art!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sleet was a cyborg. The cyborg Sleet wanted to become an anthro Fox, so after hundreds of surgeries, he/she had every mechanical part of itself replaced with organic parts fitting the anthro fox theme. Sleet decided to keep one eye robotic as a reminder of what it once was. Incidentally, this is why Sleet hides his/her gender. The fox has none!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet's mechanical eyes is really a re-fashioned ex-sphere.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Hey Sleet

You know you're going to have to PICK one of these eventually.
bwah bwah
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Hold up I have have a theory but I need some time to draw it.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Hilariousely random spontaneous combustion.
Sent from my conifer.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Psykeout wrote:Hey Sleet

You know you're going to have to PICK one of these eventually.
I'm totally supporting/rooting for Zander's story.

I'm also too lazy to create one of my own. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

Hummm. I must make a good entry for this. so far the stories and thoughs have been very interesting... Give me a bit and I shal make you a grand one! :D

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle brought this thread to my attention. Apparently I never announced that Zander won publicly!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

did it really need to be said? he wrote an epic while we wrote jokes. (it was a joke epic, of course, but an epic nonetheless)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets