SRP: The Halloween Mansion Incident

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: SRP: The Halloween Mansion Incident

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I really hope the grate on the other end is easy to break. it's not open, unless the next room is filling up with water as well."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hypergenesis wrote:Terry was just confused as to what was happening inside though subconsciously he replied, "Okay.", before he then walked to Zeta. "So... Zane, Tom and Zach went on their own for a while, they said they'll meet us later.", he explained, intentionally leaving out the part about their survival as he assumed it was just a ploy to freak the two of them out.
"A-are you sure?" Zeta asked, hearing the POP and the sound of rushing water. Not to mention when Zachary had called out Zeta and Terry's names... that freaked her out. I hate this place... "What if they're trapped in the running water? They could die!"

((Sorry for the very late reply.))
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Zeta Zeta Zeta Zeta please.", Terry said repeatedly while patting Zeta on the shoulders, "Zeta please, calm down. This mansion has been abandoned for years, I doubt there would be running water in the pipes, what we're hearing is probably just the rainwater going through the drain. Besides, what happened to you? Normally you'd be throwing a flying kick to this door in this situation.". Terry said as he pointed to <Door 6>. "You can tell me if something's wrong, I mean I don't want to be here either and we can still just walk out of the front door. It's not too late and I'm sure the guys would understand.", he said.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Zane was pushing through the water, followed by the others, when he suddenly hit his head on a metal grate. He looked up really fast, holding his head above water. "Oh come on!" he said, almost yelling at the obstacle, he started frantically pushing on the grate to try to get it open.
Strength roll wrote:15-1=14
The grate popped open after some attempts, but Zane's left wrist was sprained badly.

He crawled out into new room with pain, a terrible smell hitting his nose as he realised that the water was draining into some sort of drain in the tiled floor.
He grabbed out his flashlight and shone it around the room, trying to stifle a scream.

The room obviously used to be some sort of butcher room, large metal tables and cabinets, lightly stained from animal blood scattered the room. Menacing steel hooks hung from the ceiling just above their heads, and a whole wall with almost any type of knife you can imagine.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Zach continued crawling inside the pipeline until, when Zane opened the grate, he reached the next room. He fell to the floor, coughing water and with all his fur wet.

On his knees he said:

-*Cof Cof*Finally....- He stopped.

Looking at the creepy room, Zach got speechless. So he got up slowly and while Tom was leaving the ventilation hole, he went with Zane who was holding his hand, obviously with pain.

-*Gulp* Are you okay? Let me see- Said touching his arm very very softly
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hypergenesis wrote:"Zeta Zeta Zeta Zeta please.", Terry said repeatedly while patting Zeta on the shoulders, "Zeta please, calm down. This mansion has been abandoned for years, I doubt there would be running water in the pipes, what we're hearing is probably just the rainwater going through the drain. Besides, what happened to you? Normally you'd be throwing a flying kick to this door in this situation.". Terry said as he pointed to <Door 6>. "You can tell me if something's wrong, I mean I don't want to be here either and we can still just walk out of the front door. It's not too late and I'm sure the guys would understand.", he said.
Zeta as not okay with Terry doing that, but just shrugged it off. If they were all trapped here, they would have to get along somehow... "I guess you're ri- What do you mean, 'What happened to me'?! You don't even know me!" She sighed. "But there's no reason to leave just yet. At least if they're playing a trick on us, we'll see them later. Let's just... keep moving." she said, shining her flashlight down the hallway. She moved on down the hallway and checked a nearby table for anythig that might be helpful, though she still couldn't get the feeling out of her head that she should be helping with something.
Zander

Post by Zander »

"no, no.. im fine.. really." Zane said, biting his lip as Zach touched his arm.

@zeta
Luck roll wrote:15+2=17
A box of matches shown in the flashlight, containing 5 matches.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zeta picked up the box of matches. "Well, this should help if I need to light something or run out of batteries in this flashlight... guess I'll keep 'em!"
theblackcateyes

Zander wrote:"no, no.. im fine.. really." Zane said, biting his lip as Zach touched his arm.
-C'mon you are not alright, seriously..Let me see if here is something that I could use, I know first aids... ok?- Said Zachary patting his other shoulder.

Then he went around the room looking for something to make a splint. He took the flashlight from his backpack, turned it on and searched with it.
Last edited by theblackcateyes on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Tha Housefox wrote:Zeta as not okay with Terry doing that, but just shrugged it off. If they were all trapped here, they would have to get along somehow... "I guess you're ri- What do you mean, 'What happened to me'?! You don't even know me!" She sighed. "But there's no reason to leave just yet. At least if they're playing a trick on us, we'll see them later. Let's just... keep moving." she said, shining her flashlight down the hallway. She moved on down the hallway and checked a nearby table for anythig that might be helpful, though she still couldn't get the feeling out of her head that she should be helping with something.
". . . Right. Sorry I was confusing you with someone else.", Terry apologized as he tried opening <door 7>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tom came out of the air duct soaked. being a cat, this was not a good thing. he shone his flashlight around. he noticed the drain and shined his light into it to see if there was anything that would prove useful (if he could even reach into it).
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Zander

Post by Zander »

@zach
luck roll wrote:15+1=16
The Light glimmered on something which could have been of use, a leg of one of the short stepladders laid on the ground, the small platform it came from in disarray next to it. It was perfect size for Zane's arm.

@Terry
luck roll wrote:10+3=13
The door needed some shoving, but it broke open and Terry fell inside. The floor was hard with treated hardwood flooring. The room was large judging by the echo that terry made falling into it. Various tables were scattered around, yet none were in the middle. It appeared to be some sort of ballroom.

@Tom
Luck roll wrote:6+0=6
Bad idea, as soon as he stuck his hand down the drain something bit his finger and it started itching. Luckily it was just a non-poisonous spider.

(map update)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"umm... ouch. Tom said as he pulled his hand out of the drain. "I think I'll just stop touching things."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Terry whistled as he got up, "What a large room.". With the earlier incident still fresh in his memory he moved one of the tables to block the door's path before he peeked out of the room. "Hey Zeta, want to help me search this room?", he asked though he quickly retuned inside and shone his flashlight everywhere, looking for anything of significant interest.

(( By significant interest I mean anything obvious ))
theblackcateyes

-Bingo!!- Said Zachary tooking the object.

Then he took of his favorite jacket and ripped it with his teeth, snatching a piece (perfect for the support). Then he went with Zane and with the piece of cloth and the ladder leg, he took the Zane's arm and carefully made a simple u splint aroun his arm.

-Ready.... it's better ahh?-
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hypergenesis wrote:Terry whistled as he got up, "What a large room.". With the earlier incident still fresh in his memory he moved one of the tables to block the door's path before he peeked out of the room. "Hey Zeta, want to help me search this room?", he asked though he quickly retuned inside and shone his flashlight everywhere, looking for anything of significant interest.

(( By significant interest I mean anything obvious ))
"Sure." Zeta followed Terry inside and mirrored him, shining her flashlight in the opposite direction.
Zander

Post by Zander »

@terry & Zeta

Paintings lined the walls, an upwards of 10 on each side. Mostly portraits of owners, but about 5 of them were of past pets, not including about 3 which were completely blank.
The room had a large Chandelier which had fallen some time ago, laying and broken in the middle of the floor. Beyond it on the far wall, a large stained glass window about 3 times their size loomed over the whole room. The thick forests on that side of the mansion blocked mostly any moonlight from entering the room.
To the left of the stained glass window was a door, and in between the two was some writing on the wall in some sort of orange substance. it wrote;

And trailed off at the end.

@Zach

Zane bit his lip the whole time, but afterwards he felt better. "Y-yeah that feels a little bit better."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Vandalism?, Terry wondered as he ignored the writing and explored the room more, eventually ending up in front of <door 20> I wonder...

(( Waiting on Zeta's post. Terry will try the door when Zeta doesn't interact with him. ))
theblackcateyes

-C'mon boy, we have to survive tonight- Said Zach to Zane giggling at the end.

-What a kind of house have a....butcher torture room? Said watching the walls filled with knifes and dangerous things all around.

-Maybe I could find something usefull- -Tought watching the corners.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tom walked over to the wall and decided to grab one of the knives on the walls. if he could find one shiny enough, he could use it to reflect his flashlight and light up a room a bit more, plus it could possibly replace his lost crowbar. he went for the shiniest knife on the wall.
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zeta stared at the writing on the wall. "That... isn't very helpful at all..." It kind of freaked her out, but was more confusing. She decided to take another look at all of the paintings.
Zander

Post by Zander »

theblackcateyes wrote:Maybe I could find something usefull- -Tought watching the corners.
(Don't understand what you're trying to do, need a luck roll?)
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Tom walked over to the wall and decided to grab one of the knives on the walls. if he could find one shiny enough, he could use it to reflect his flashlight and light up a room a bit more, plus it could possibly replace his lost crowbar. he went for the shiniest knife on the wall.
Which happened to be a large butcher knife, dull from previous uses.
Tha Housefox wrote:Zeta stared at the writing on the wall. "That... isn't very helpful at all..." It kind of freaked her out, but was more confusing. She decided to take another look at all of the paintings.
And as she did, she caught a glimpse of one of the paintings falling off the wall. It came loose and fell to the ground, where the wood frame smacked the hardwood with a very loud, noticeable smack.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"Eep!" Zeta responded to the dropped picture by stopping still for a second and then running up to check out what had happened. She inspected the picture frame itself.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Terry was about to open the door when a loud smack prompted him to turn to the source, unintentionally shining his flashlight's beam onto Zeta. "Is everything alright?", he asked as he walked to the fox's location.
theblackcateyes

When Zach looked how Tom was tooking the knife, got a little frightered.

-Ohhh.. is.. big- Said

Then he went with Zane, without stop looking Tom, and asked.

-Do you anything about this house.. because... a butcher room? doesn't seem very common-
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

just then, Tom remembered something funny and a smile came across his face. the kind of smile that would scare someone if the person wearing it were wielding a knife.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Zander

Post by Zander »

@Terry, Zeta
The painting appeared to have been clawed, the actual frontside was cut down the middlein 3 parallel scrapes, and the painting was completely blank.
Just then a soft little kitten's chuckle came from one of the corners.

@Others.
Zane shrugged "Hey, don't look at me! I bet it's some sort of meat cutlery, where they prepare food before cooking and stuff. Considering i see a broken fridge on the ground over there." He pointed to one of the corners slightly illuminated. "Atleast, thats what i think it- AUUGH" Zane jumped back from Where tom was standing, Realising it was only tom with a knife. "Wha-what? you didn't scare me... I- i was just getting ready to fight. Thats all."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"Look, this painting, it's empty and has some scratch marks on- who's there?!" Zeta yelled, shining her flashlight around to see what the heck was laughing.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Terry examined the painting and found the cuts very familiar, "Claw Marks...", he commented before hearing the chuckle. Claw marks that resembles that of a cat's claw that suddenly appear on a painting then a cat's chuckle.. Seems like a perfect plot for a horror movie., Terry thought as he glanced to see Zeta turn around. Why do I feel like wanting to shout 'Witch! Turn your lights off.' right now.., he once again thought.
theblackcateyes

Zander wrote:Zane shrugged "Hey, don't look at me! I bet it's some sort of meat cutlery, where they prepare food before cooking and stuff. Considering i see a broken fridge on the ground over there." He pointed to one of the corners slightly illuminated.
-Ohhh I don't saw it before....maybe it appeared right now? in this moment?- Said giggling a little bit, but then feeling worried...actually he didn't saw it before...

-I will opened it, if something happens, you two have to run okay?- Said to Zane

Then he aproached to the fridge and taking the handle, he pulled it strong.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Zane scrunched up a little as zach opened the fridge
luck roll wrote:15+1=16
As the fridge door swung open, a few piles of rotting meat sloshed out onto the ground, but on top of the pile was something metalic. Something which glistened of the juices of pig. On top was an adjustable wrench.
The wrench was rather large, apparently used for metal piping or heavy machinery. However, in this case it could be used to knock off doorknobs, break through a window or simply to bludgeon with.

@zeta&terry

However, there was no one behind them, instead it sounded like it was coming from the door in the far corner. The laughing reduced to a giggle, then stopped all together, but what to come next was unexpected. Something large rammed the wooden door, then rammed it again repetitively until it began to splinter in the center under the weight. after about 6 hits the door flew open in two pieces, skidding on the floor in a hail of splinters, almost skidding to the other side of the room.
However, nothing came out. The room, when looking through the doorway, was pitch black. Nothing came out except dust from the previous occurrences.
And once again, the small voice beckoned the two with such determinism that it almost felt like they were being pushed toward the door, though they remained stationary. The voice started out quiet, but appeared to get louder and closer, almost to the point where it sounded like it was right next to their ear.
"Come a little closer.." The voice beckoned slowly, the dust settling by the opened door.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zeta shivered. The feeling that the voice was that close to her but not really there got under her fur... "It's... so creepy... But I can't help but want to follow it..." Zeta said, obviously hypnotized, slowly walking toward the door.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Grab something and get ready.", Terry seemingly ordered Zeta before he bit onto his flashlight and grabbed a chair from the room.
Tha Housefox wrote:Zeta shivered. The feeling that the voice was that close to her but not really there got under her fur... "It's... so creepy... But I can't help but want to follow it..." Zeta said, obviously hypnotized, slowly walking toward the door.
What is she doing?, he asked himself before felt an uncontrollable urge to flee instead. So he threw the chair to the area around the door, then attempted to grab Zeta's hand to run back out the door from where they entered.
theblackcateyes

-Sweet- Said Zach covering his nose from the horrible smell, as was taking the wrench. -C´mon Zane, Tom.. we have to go with Terri and Zeta... I don't know if they are okay-
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"yeah, we should probably try to meet up with them again. but first." Tom proceeded to push around the rotting meet with his knife to see if there was anything buried in there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hypergenesis wrote:"Grab something and get ready.", Terry seemingly ordered Zeta before he bit onto his flashlight and grabbed a chair from the room.
What is she doing?, he asked himself before felt an uncontrollable urge to flee instead. So he threw the chair to the area around the door, then attempted to grab Zeta's hand to run back out the door from where they entered.
Zeta eeped as her paw was grabbed, but it snapped her back to her senses. "What... Run!" she yelled, pulling him out of the door.
Zander

Post by Zander »

@Terry and zeta
charisma roll wrote:(10-1)+(14-4)/2= 9.5
They both jumped over the table, which was the only thing keeping the door from slamming shut, and tumbled out into the hallway, the carpet still damp from before.

@Tom
Tom luck role wrote:17
The meat sloshes around on the tile floor, and out of the rotting pork, a pair of thermal goggles pops out. It looked old and weathered, the strap was soaked in a foul stench which made your stomach churn, but luckily there were no batteries present in the actual device, so it hadn't short-circuited.
It appeared to take two D batteries, the same ones used in their flashlights.

Since the goggles were still wet, if he were to place the batteries in now, he ran the risk of short circuiting the whole thing and rendering it useless. He could either find something to dry it off with, or wait until it's dry.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Zander wrote:Since the goggles were still wet, if he were to place the batteries in now, he ran the risk of short circuiting the whole thing and rendering it useless. He could either find something to dry it off with, or wait until it's dry.
Tom puts the goggles away to dry, but remains on the lookout for something to dry it with.

"okay, let's go now."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
theblackcateyes

-C´mon, are you ready to continue?- Said holding carefully the Zane's hurted paw as with the other hand was holding the wrench
Zander

Post by Zander »

Zane winced as he touched the paw, but nodded an said "yeah"

-Robert Louis Stevenson