PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Hypergenesis »

Luna werewolf wrote:There seems practically no colours left.

Spud This; Pop This; Artemis This. Ok?
Genesis This one is an exact match.
Alana This one could be acceptable.
Cesium I guess yours is brighter anyway.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

mmmm. I'm depressed now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

can you help?

Thanks for PMing me with help!! For everyone else, my new colours are:

this as artemis , this as Pop, this as Spud

I am now :)
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Edit that in to the submitted char sheet or re-post another copy of it with the corrections I Pmed you about.

Also add:

Character Type: Main / Secondary / Guest

After Age and specify which ones are mains and which ones are secondaries.

===============================================
By request I have removed the auto-idling post for Genesis and Flash.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Hypergenesis wrote:
Luna werewolf wrote:There seems practically no colours left.

Spud This; Pop This; Artemis This. Ok?
Genesis This one is an exact match.
Alana This one could be acceptable.
Cesium I guess yours is brighter anyway.
EH HEM....color=#804000 is for Aethon actually |3

And, I will post soon for Genesis...jsut gotta find something first
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

It's 1:30 AM and I'm tired and sleepy. I apologize that my brain wasn't working.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

I depressed and annoyed. Can someone please tell me the me the remaning colours?

ctcmjh's MOD EDIT: Luna Werewolf, please don't say things like, "I will be very depressed" if people don't help you. Also, don't spam emoticons if you're trying to be serious."
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

But the colors you said at last are correct! (I think)
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

hehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D

wait, haven't I already posted my start bit. :?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

You are confusing me @w@
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Don't be depressed or annoyed if you are not accepted immediately, Luna werewolf. There are no time limit or retry limit, so we will help you until you get it right.

The reason we have procedures and rules is to make sure things adheres to certain standards and so that they don't become a huge mess, so please bare with us a bit more. Every rule has its own reason.

First, I am the Game Master (GM) of this neighbor. So before you can post in-game, you have to get my approval first. The others can help you fix your character sheet, but you still have to wait for me to say "okay".

Next, you should read through the first post of the main OOC thread and the first page of our own OOC thread. OOC means out of character, which means this thread is not actually where the roleplaying takes place.

Now, if you read through the our own OOC, you should see that there is a rule saying: "You may have 2 characters and 1 guest character". And this is also why Hypergenesis told you to add "Character Type: Main / Secondary / Guest". I can explain what main characters, secondary characters, and guest characters are, but not today. For now, just limit yourself to two characters. So I afraid one of your characters won't be joining until perhaps a later date. I suggest you hold off Pop for now, as he is the third pet of the Macy family.

As for the color, the reason we don't allow repeats of color is to prevent confusion in-game. Artemis' color is fine and so is Spud's new color.

So please update your character sheets and remove Pop for now. Also, please put enters between paragraphs like my character sheet, it will be easier for the others to read.

Finally, Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields is our actual in-game thread. That is where the roleplaying actually takes place. So please read its first page, as well as its two latest pages first. So that you have some examples of introduction posts as well as an idea of what is happening in YsF.

But don't post in there yet, do the above things I mentioned first and wait for me again. I still have a bit more to tell you. This may look complicated, but trust me, this is how we keep the RPs' quality up and make sure everyone can have fun. And don't worry, the RP isn't going to run away by itself.

(Also, free feel to ask more questions.)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Just a heads up, I'll be demoting Crayon from being a YsF main to a YsF guest effective immediately.

Reasons: there's quite a lot, but the main would probably because I didn't think too much about what would happen, something I usually do, and now the character *mutated* into something far from what I had originally planned.

so yeah, I can't play him as a main anymore. It's against my conscience to.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hypergenesis wrote:Just a heads up, I'll be demoting Crayon from being a YsF main to a YsF guest effective immediately.

Reasons: there's quite a lot, but the main would probably because I didn't think too much about what would happen, something I usually do, and now the character *mutated* into something far from what I had originally planned.

so yeah, I can't play him as a main anymore. It's against my conscience to.
Sure, no problem. Will remove it on the next update.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

sorry.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Luna werewolf wrote:sorry.
What for?

I made the mistake on my own because I was jumping into conclusions. Which is why if you want to script some RP do it lightly. Basically a character I can't play is just extra baggage for my explosive boredom, the more I feel I can't do something, the worse my boredom becomes.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I am moving into my new university, so I will be away until my Internet is set up. As usual, I am leaving things to Nitz while I am away. Hopefully Raccoon is free again by the time I am back.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Alright.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

YsF awaiting for The Game!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Luna werewolf wrote:this as artemis
Too bright. Can't see.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
valerio

Post by valerio »

uhh, so what time is it in YF, right now? I'm getting back...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sometime around 330-5PM for most.
The Moon Howler

I agree on 3:30 at Balkansky house. Also If The Game doesn't post until after 3 hours, counting from now, I think I'll skip her turn and post myself
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

Hey guys here at YsF =D. I have a chracter sheet that i would like to submit, here's the link

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 25#p278625

thanks.

heres the colour i want #40BF04

i will have my house lay-out after

thank you.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

@simple things
Okay, the color is okay and your character sheet is fine, though 5'10" might be a bit too tall for a pet. You should change it to around 4'2" or simple state "taller than the average pets".

Once you fix that, then I can approve you. Did you already read YsF's last few pages?
simple things

Post by simple things »

i have changed it now to " taller than your average pet". Also did you mean the last few pages of the in character thread?
The Moon Howler

I like that char, If he needs votes to enter - I give mine

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

simple things wrote:Also did you mean the last few pages of the in character thread?
Yeah, that's what I mean. You are approved now, but any ideas on getting your character in game?
The Moon Howler wrote:I like that char, If he needs votes to enter - I give mine
No votes needed, since Crayon has just stopped being a main character.
simple things

Post by simple things »

GUHH,... ermm .. give me a few hours i'll read the WHOLE THING... then ill make up some GABALA BLAHH and then ill give the verdict :mrgreen:

Thanks aqua blast

and thank you The moon howler that's very kind of you :D
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I would assume that that's 16 HUMAN years considering the fact that the company is a computer company which would mean that Richard was a worker of Vortrax who was working on his promotions, this would fit with your backstory that "he lived most of his life in the city until his father became a success...". Legally speaking, if that's 16 PET years, then it implies Richard pocketed company funds... Quite a lot too. ^ w^

Now as to why Richard would be able to let the company be inherited by his pet when he was merely a CEO will probably forever elude me, but the fact that the company was closed by the death of a CEO, despite the company being hugeky successful, is pecking "shady" in the back of my mind. In fact, just from this point itself I would say the reason they moved would be something gravely more serious than what's said by your story...

Adding to this, closing a company prematurely would incur a series of heavy costs, investigations and a lot of time. Even much more considering it was a very successful company.

... Actually, talking about CEOs.. That would mean Vortrax was a corporation and the shareholders would have had their shares refunded and... <Most would know what should be here. If you don't, I still won't tell so go ask someone else.>

Well enough of my usual way of criticism. Actually ignore all that like most would and let's just go into simple criticism.
simple things wrote:Alexander enjoys building small contraptions and devices that help with everyday life, he also enjoys cooking with his mother.
Now just going to go ahead give you the heads up that while this is allowed for descriptions, it does not give the privilege for some earth-shattering tech. After all, a plasma trash incinerator can sure be built if you have the money and the intelligence but just taking into account the effort to actually make one would be highly unfeasible and just having ordered those materials would have your character in the government's watch list.

The thing with the nose is bothering me as well. Does he have anosmia? I know about lavender and it's no scent that can be easily ignored or not smelled if it's that close to him, much more that people are able to smell it.

The alien leader is a successful leader... Seriously, I don't buy it, but since stranger things have passed I'll let that slide.

and there's Part 1 of my criticism, the rest will be buried for the rest of time unless you want me to PM it to you. Well, GM agreed anyways so as long as you don't power play because your character is rich, I won't have a problem with you in this neighborhood.

●-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------●

On an unrelated note, you don't exactly need to read the entire story of YsF as the character roster had already almost completely changed by this point. For past events you can read on the index and check the OoC for a lot of updates on what has happened.

Also, let me just say that reading the OoC is your responsibility as a player in this neighborhood. Players who don't read the OoC are <Things that can't be said due to the rating.>. Not that I am doubting you, but everyone needs to be informed of it. ^ w^
This applies to all of you by the way. O wO

Current time in the neighborhood is 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM. Players you will be able to interact with will depend on the time. If possible make a note of the time when you post.
Additional Info: It has been raining heavily since 2:00 PM so be sure to add that in your post.

If you post for after 6:00 PM you may choose to stop the rain, but only my character Cesium and valerio's character Artemis is available after 6:00 PM right now. If you need any help with your post, feel free to send a PM to the related player(s) or post here in the OoC about your predicament.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I think I should stop replying to things at night.
simple things wrote:GUHH,... ermm .. give me a few hours i'll read the WHOLE THING... then ill make up some GABALA BLAHH and then ill give the verdict :mrgreen:
Eeh, you don't need to read the whole thing, the last few pages will do. Besides unless you are Peanut, chances are you won't be able to finish 85+ pages in a few hours.
Hypergenesis wrote:I would assume that that's 16 HUMAN years considering the fact that the company is a computer company which would mean that Richard was a worker of Vortrax who was working on his promotions, this would fit with your backstory that "he lived most of his life in the city until his father became a success...". Legally speaking, if that's 16 PET years, then it implies Richard pocketed company funds... Quite a lot too. ^ w^
I am not understanding this, Richard could have been a worker even before Alexander was born. The facts we have here are:
- Alexander was adopted when he was a pup
- Richard wasn't "a success" before Alexander was adopted
- Alexander was adopted even before Richard married her wife, Nisha (if I read it right)
- Alexander lived in the city for most of his life (which is probably around 3 years)
- They moved to Yorkshire Field after Richard passed away

This probably means that Richard got cancer not too long after his success and his marriage, and Alexander didn't actually live near the beach for that long. But I don't see why Alexander must be there when Richard started working at the computer company.

On a side note, YsF is a city too, so I am confused at the moving from city to the beach and moving back to city again after Richard is died thing but whatever, I guess.
Hypergenesis wrote:Now as to why Richard would be able to let the company be inherited by his pet when he was merely a CEO will probably forever elude me, but the fact that the company was closed by the death of a CEO, despite the company being hugeky successful, is pecking "shady" in the back of my mind. In fact, just from this point itself I would say the reason they moved would be something gravely more serious than what's said by your story...

Adding to this, closing a company prematurely would incur a series of heavy costs, investigations and a lot of time. Even much more considering it was a very successful company.

... Actually, talking about CEOs.. That would mean Vortrax was a corporation and the shareholders would have had their shares refunded and... <Most would know what should be here. If you don't, I still won't tell so go ask someone else.>
This I agree. A CEO doesn't actually own the company. And yes, nobody in their right mind would just "shut down" a successful company, he could at least sell the company or something.

You might want to revisit that part a little, simple things! I suggest you remove the whole "he told Alexander that he did not want him to continue the company, and so it was shut down" and just simply say "he left a large sum of money with Alexander and Nisha" without getting into too much detail.
Hypergenesis wrote:Well enough of my usual way of criticism. Actually ignore all that like most would and let's just go into simple criticism.
simple things wrote:Alexander enjoys building small contraptions and devices that help with everyday life, he also enjoys cooking with his mother.
Now just going to go ahead give you the heads up that while this is allowed for descriptions, it does not give the privilege for some earth-shattering tech. After all, a plasma trash incinerator can sure be built if you have the money and the intelligence but just taking into account the effort to actually make one would be highly unfeasible and just having ordered those materials would have your character in the government's watch list.
I don't think he will have "earth-shattering techs" since he wrote "small contraptions and devices that help with everyday life". Though over-convenient things that doesn't make sense are not allowed too, so I am trusting simple things not to build any mini-computers or contraptions that doesn't make sense or uses fictional technologies.
Hypergenesis wrote:The thing with the nose is bothering me as well. Does he have anosmia? I know about lavender and it's no scent that can be easily ignored or not smelled if it's that close to him, much more that people are able to smell it.
I don't know about this and I will let you two sort it out.
Hypergenesis wrote:The alien leader is a successful leader... Seriously, I don't buy it, but since stranger things have passed I'll let that slide.
I don't get this; What alien leader?
Hypergenesis wrote:and there's Part 1 of my criticism, the rest will be buried for the rest of time unless you want me to PM it to you. Well, GM agreed anyways so as long as you don't power play because your character is rich, I won't have a problem with you in this neighborhood.
Well, you know I don't pay that much attention, Nitz. And I can step in if things are a bit too much.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Hypergenesis wrote:
I would assume that that's 16 HUMAN years considering the fact that the company is a computer company which would mean that Richard was a worker of Vortrax who was working on his promotions, this would fit with your backstory that "he lived most of his life in the city until his father became a success...". Legally speaking, if that's 16 PET years, then it implies Richard pocketed company funds... Quite a lot too. ^ w^
Ok...wow, ERM I now realise that there is allot that does not make sense about my character and i thank you for delving...this far into it. Alright let me just say i really didn't think that it would matter, since i was already accepted into the neighbourhood. Aquablaster had pointed out to me, that 5ft 10in was a little bit too tall for a pet, from this i figured he had read over my post and that the height was the only exception. even then i really didn't take my characters background too seriously. And i apologise but i feel that it was not necessary for you to do this. :?

[quote]Hypergenesis said:
Now just going to go ahead give you the heads up that while this is allowed for descriptions, it does not give the privilege for some earth-shattering tech. After all, a plasma trash incinerator can sure be built if you have the money and the intelligence but just taking into account the effort to actually make one would be highly unfeasible and just having ordered those materials would have your character in the government's watch list.[/quote]

Alright, i don't know if i said this differently than how i wanted it to be, but i said he enjoys building small Contraptions and Devices .I am pretty sure that was self explanitory if not then i apologise. He's not going to build an ion beam teleporter or, something crazy like that, thats not even possible. And even so where would a 16 year old gain the knowledge to build technology so sophisticated, or even the parts..make emm...i dont think so. :|
Hypergenesis wrote:
The alien leader is a successful leader... Seriously, I don't buy it, but since stranger things have passed I'll let that slide.
Alright, WHOA I do not understand what you mean but this, are you quoting something?. Also i never mentioned anything about aliens. On another note... what do you mean you will let that slide? are you a GM? or mod?. :?
Hypergenesis wrote:
so as long as you don't power play because your character is rich, I won't have a problem with you in this neighborhood.
Alright i can understand what you mean, my character having a large sum of money is putting him, at an advantage. But then again he's not going to go around buying mansions. Also what do you mean...YOU...wont have a problem with me...im sorry...what??. :shock:
Hypergenesis wrote:
The thing with the nose is bothering me as well. Does he have anosmia? I know about lavender and it's no scent that can be easily ignored or not smelled if it's that close to him, much more that people are able to smell it.
Ok, i was still accepted into the neighbourhood, didn't think this would be a huge deal. thanks for the idea of anosmia, i will put this as the reason. Thank you.
Aquablast wrote:
You might want to revisit that part a little, simple things! I suggest you remove the whole "he told Alexander that he did not want him to continue the company, and so it was shut down" and just simply say "he left a large sum of money with Alexander and Nisha" without getting into too much detail.
Aright guys, i am fully realising that i obviously have not put in enough time and effort into this I am sure that CEO is the owner of the company, like Steve jobs is to Apple. I am also noob at understanding CEO. What i meant is that Richard OWNED the company Vortrax and with time and effort he became successful from the technologies that were made from the corporation. I will change this so that when he died he left Nisha as the CEO... BUT WAIT thought she was a Reel estate agent...scratch that. she will leave on flight to sign the important papers and what not, while the the second in command does most of the managing. Then why move from city to beach to city again...well lets just say Nisha and Alexander didn't exactly live in the most pet friendly city. Also they weren't entirely happy on moving any where that was not developed. YsF happened to be a pet friendly city...how convenient. :P

i hoped this cleared some things up. I will update my bio later but for now it is 3am ...Buenos noches.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Aquablast wrote:-scythed-
simple things wrote:-scythed-
Okay I think I need to explain things more. XD
Aquablast wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:I would assume that that's 16 HUMAN years considering the fact that the company is a computer company which would mean that Richard was a worker of Vortrax who was working on his promotions, this would fit with your backstory that "he lived most of his life in the city until his father became a success...". Legally speaking, if that's 16 PET years, then it implies Richard pocketed company funds... Quite a lot too. ^ w^
I am not understanding this, Richard could have been a worker even before Alexander was born. The facts we have here are:
- Alexander was adopted when he was a pup
- Richard wasn't "a success" before Alexander was adopted
- Alexander was adopted even before Richard married her wife, Nisha (if I read it right)
- Alexander lived in the city for most of his life (which is probably around 3 years)
- They moved to Yorkshire Field after Richard passed away

This probably means that Richard got cancer not too long after his success and his marriage, and Alexander didn't actually live near the beach for that long. But I don't see why Alexander must be there when Richard started working at the computer company.
CEOs of a company do not have paychecks in the millions, their gross annual income *might* break into the millions if they're in the top 200 companies (which is not limited to one field of the market) but then factor in tax and their lifestyle then you're still left with 6 digits. The thing about why CEOs are rich are due to compensations and these compensations are disguised as "company privileges", the compensations alone account to almost ten times their gross annual income and it's not even taxed against them but towards the company instead. But we're here to talk about RP so I'll stop there.
Aquablast wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:The alien leader is a successful leader... Seriously, I don't buy it, but since stranger things have passed I'll let that slide.
I don't get this; What alien leader?
I'm using the word alien here as "Unfamiliar and disturbing or distasteful" in meaning, I would usually use "extraterrestrial" for the one you're thinking of. I'm using the word alien to summarize what was given as his personality quoting:
simple things wrote:Alexander is very kind, and somewhat eccentric. He smiles most of the time,and can be weired but people think he is being funny so he laughs with them. he is normally in his own thoughts of worlds imagining fantasy and si-fi; and fighting great warriors. this is normally a projection of how the warrior is the killer and he is trying to save his father. After this he would normally wake up. Alexander generally prefers being alone, but then again he has never had a real friend. he’s quiet but he likes to be loud sometimes.
It reads "Don Quixote" to me with people finding him funny. This was in here because I misunderstood this part:[quote='simple things"] Alexander would normally watch his father Richard working in the company, he would take notes on how he would instruct his workers, and how he would get the job done.[/quote]More precisely the last part in which it says that "how he would get the job done". Basically I was trying to say that leadership is not something so easily passed and what works for one will not always apply to another.
simple things wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:
Ok...wow, ERM I now realise that there is allot that does not make sense about my character and i thank you for delving...this far into it. Alright let me just say i really didn't think that it would matter, since i was already accepted into the neighbourhood. Aquablaster had pointed out to me, that 5ft 10in was a little bit too tall for a pet, from this i figured he had read over my post and that the height was the only exception. even then i really didn't take my characters background too seriously. And i apologise but i feel that it was not necessary for you to do this. :?
It was simply a quality check actually, but it just so happens that you never indicated whether it was human years or pet years. Now with such an extensive history and data before me, I tried to piece together a scenario based on it and present it with my conclusion on whether it was pet or human years. Unnecessary, not exactly but I could have been a bit more discreet as a majority of people probably dislikes having detailed reviews. I like people who go into such detail in building their character and I assume these people are doing this to have their characters in a definite stage in their lives. Contradiction by this point are fatal to character building so I do everything I can to remedy these contradictions or at least delve into it to pinpoint where the contradictions are. So seeing the long detail-y sheet you provided, I did what I did.
simple things wrote:
Hypergenesis said:
Alright, i don't know if i said this differently than how i wanted it to be, but i said he enjoys building small Contraptions and Devices .I am pretty sure that was self explanitory if not then i apologise. He's not going to build an ion beam teleporter or, something crazy like that, thats not even possible. And even so where would a 16 year old gain the knowledge to build technology so sophisticated, or even the parts..make emm...i dont think so. :|
A lightsaber is a device, the wheel was once a contraption. Plans for a space shuttle can be found in the internet, I had a classmate who was already making motion detectors when he was 15 and your character is RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH *ka-ching*. Yes I agree that a 16 year old will not be able to build such things, but that would probably only extend until before your computer screen. In the world of digital writing, it would probably be harder to successfully buy a loaf of bread from another player than to make a black hole tracker satellite. Going back to my post itself "Now just going to go ahead give you the heads up that while this is allowed for descriptions, it does not give the privilege for some earth-shattering tech." was simply informing you that it is not a valid reason to have swiss army kitchen tool around the house.
simple things wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:
Alright, WHOA I do not understand what you mean but this, are you quoting something?. Also i never mentioned anything about aliens. On another note... what do you mean you will let that slide? are you a GM? or mod?. :?
As explained above, this was here because I misunderstood a trait you had given your character.

Oh and I'm the assistant resident GM.
simple things wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:
so as long as you don't power play because your character is rich, I won't have a problem with you in this neighborhood.
Alright i can understand what you mean, my character having a large sum of money is putting him, at an advantage. But then again he's not going to go around buying mansions. Also what do you mean...YOU...wont have a problem with me...im sorry...what??. :shock:
It's simply irking to have someone who is only focused on the success of their character. The "problem" there is more of a concise placeholder for "I will keep on interfering in what you do because you are going beyond what your character should be able to do." Buying a mansion is fine for me so long as your character does have that much money, but buying a mansion and having it delivered by helicopter is not, no matter how much money your character have.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

For someone with a name like "Simple Things" your characters are INTENSELY furry. Seriously, a six pack on a dog? That's really pushing it for me... There's a point where it's no longer just "simply anthropomorphic" and it becomes something like "Furthia High", or worse: a Jay Naylor comic *shudders*. Human-sized, clothes-wearing, muscled pets gets very close to that point. (which happens to be the point where I usually close the tab and say "lame furries are writing lame comics", then I go watch some MLP, which seems to be the anti-furry of modern anthropomorphic cartoons)

Now, I don't mean to just be flamingly rude here, but seriously, you should take a look at that trend I'm seeing. I'm ok with you joining though as long as you can at least comprehend what I'm saying...

Edit: WOW. I typed this a full 12 hours ago.... Hope it's still relevant...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry, folks, but I must discontinue my presence at YF.
Honestly, I just can't come up with a decent idea for my characters, so i'll drop it and leave a free slot for new applicants.
It's been fun, all the same.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Hypergenesis said
No you don't, i should be apologising to you for what i said, it was wrong of me to say what i did. You were giving me criticism to help me out with my character and i was being utterly retarded. I am very sorry, i was rude and you did not deserve that. You are a good person and i am grateful for what you have done to help me. I look forward to meeting you in the IC thread. Once again i apologise, Thank you. :)
Last edited by simple things on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
simple things

Post by simple things »

RockstarRaccoon said:
For someone with a name like "Simple Things" your characters are INTENSELY furry
HAHAHAAAA, Oh man i didn't think anyone else knew about JAY NAYLOR COMICS. HAHA oh god im going to wake up my neighbours, And im sorry if that my character having a six pack annoys you. I can change it around as for the Jay Naylor comics...the one that mostly disturbs me is the one with the black and white cat guy. And he does things that cannot be stated in this post. With like 4 different girls....man it was so messed up...(*vomits*) AHEM...any way thank you very much for the input. I have learned that you can't always argue with people. Who are just trying to help you. :mrgreen:
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

simple things wrote:
Hypergenesis said
No you don't, i should be apologising to you for what i said, it was wrong of me to say what i did. You were giving me criticism to help me out with my character and i was being utterly retarded. I am very sorry, i was rude and you did not deserve that. You are a good person and i am grateful for what you have done to help me. I look forward to meeting you in the IC thread. Once again i apologise, Thank you. :)
O Ao? I didn't really feel you were being rude.
valerio wrote:sorry, folks, but I must discontinue my presence at YF.
Honestly, I just can't come up with a decent idea for my characters, so i'll drop it and leave a free slot for new applicants.
Aw, bye (from YsF) then valerio.

P.S. Any comments on what made you get the block from YsF?
simple things

Post by simple things »

Yeah im like mentally Retarded, lol. Oh well thank you, you know you took the time out to write all that...im just...im going shut up now.

i'll be updating my Bio and then...TEH INTRO
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Guys, I think we should start to hold back a bit from posting provocative points or long posts with multiple points/replies. I know I made a few big posts with tons of points, and I am starting to regret them. Long posts like that doesn't scream "welcome", even if none of you mind. And we could have handled the background issues and such without starting long debates or arguments in the OOC.
Hypergenesis wrote:Oh and I'm the assistant resident GM.
Yes, he is my (super-critical) number one assistant. Where Aqua misses most details, Nitz picks ALL of them up! ... Though half of them are stuff I deem unimportant.
simple things wrote:Alright let me just say i really didn't think that it would matter, since i was already accepted into the neighbourhood
Not trying to scare you, but I can pull back my approval if I find it necessary... So, watch out! Image :lol:
simple things wrote:Yeah im like mentally Retarded, lol. Oh well thank you, you know you took the time out to write all that...im just...im going shut up now.

i'll be updating my Bio and then...TEH INTRO
*Smacks ST with a rolled-up newspaper* Hey, stop calling yourself retard!

Oh, since you are going to update the bio, let me remind you to change "the CEO" to "the owner". I think that is what you actually meant. (I am pretty sure Steve Jobs isn't the "owner" of Apple. The true owner is the board of shareholders, and they can actually fire Steve and appoint a new CEO if they want.)

And what do you have in mind for your intro post? Frankly I am not really that in touch with the in-game details right now...
valerio wrote:sorry, folks, but I must discontinue my presence at YF.
Aww... Bye!

@Raccoon
By the way, when are you free? We keep missing each other...

(Yes, my post is still kind of long, but I can't avoid it after so many posts were made.)
simple things

Post by simple things »

Aquablast said:
*Smacks ST with a rolled-up newspaper* Hey, stop calling yourself retard!
OWW..IT...IT BURNS. Even out of the irc...it...BURNS

and yes i have finished updating the bio and have changed it from CEO to owner. and some other things about consumer electronics...or something. Thanks again AB ..but not for the slap...it...still burns :|

Oh, on another note i looked up Anosmia and found that there is such thing as temporary Anosmia...wikipidea.....BABY
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Aquablast wrote:Yes, he is my (super-critical) number one assistant. Where Aqua misses most details, Nitz picks ALL of them up! ... Though half of them are stuff I deem unimportant.
And to think I was already limiting myself in my posts o 3o...