SRP: Aecros Hydris OoC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

SRP: Aecros Hydris OoC

Post by Hypergenesis »

Prologue
It had been an uneventful flight as with every flight on the trans-Atlantic route. On board the flight were mostly families though there was the occasional suit mixed in. The on-board light turned off, though a few personal lamps remained on. Passengers tucked into their blankets after their good nights to their acquaintances. The moon shone brightly in the cloudless high-altitude skies, the silence only challenged by the high-pitched hum of the jet engines. An hour passed, then two but as the third approached it became completely silent. A passenger up near the wing paged an attendant, then whispered a question. The attendant went to the front and asked the pilots through a phone. The attendant returned to the passenger, “Everything’s alright.” came as a reply. Seconds after, everything was blank.

A lurch to the back woke you up, you are in a plane and the air was too cold for comfort. The cloud cover made it impossible to see very far, but the trace of what seems to be the world’s end was lit up by the plane’s emergency lights. Up front, the view of a tree made it evident that the cockpit was missing. Around you were others, still passed out like you were just seconds ago. The fuselage lurched back again and survival instincts kicked in, and the next thing you know you were outside. Looking behind you, the place was gone save for a path of destruction on the ground where it used to lie on.

Setting Introduction
Welcome to Aecros Hydris, a legendary floating island in the sky. Covered by a large nimbostratus cloud, Aecros is invisible to satellite or radar. It wanders at a survivable altitude although the low air pressure does make work more strenuous than it would on normal land. Visibility is poor in Aecros due to the constant cloud cover and temperatures ranges from 25°C to 15°C in the morning but it can plummet down to -23°C (-9.4°F) at night.

Game Mechanics
Win Conditions: Survive and escape form Aecros Hydris.

Everyone will have a “Health”, “Hunger”, “Hydration” and “Energy” meter, the status of these meters will be reflected as Fine, Caution, or Danger.

Health Meter - Refers to the wellness of your character. Health is replenished by resting when the Hunger and Hydration meters are not in the Danger level. It is actively decreased when any other meters enter negative levels, when the character is harmed and various other health detrimental effects such as chills, sickness and poison. When your health reaches 0, you collapse and if not rescued by 2 hours, you lose the game. After being rescued, if care is not given within 2 hours of the rescue, you lose the game. After 6 hours of care, you are restored to 25% health.

Hunger Meter - Refers to the fullness of the character. Hunger is replenished by eating and it decreases by time.

Hydration Meter - Refers to the hydration of the character. Hydration is replenished by drinking water, juices, soup and some other forms of liquids. Hydration decreases with time.

Energy Meter - Refers to the available energy of the character. Energy is replenished by resting when the Hunger and Hydration meters are not in the Danger level. It is actively decreased by performing actions, with the decrease varying with the action performed.

Character Creation
Name: <Your character’s name>
Species: <Your character’s species, this will slightly affect the RP>
Occupation: <Your character’s occupation, this will slightly affect the RP>
Appearance: <What does your character look like? This includes your starting clothes.>
Personality: <Not needed, you may choose to let others find out themselves.>

The SPECIAL system would be used in this SRP and players are given 43 points in making their characters. The minimum allocation for a stat is 1 and the maximum is 10 with 5 being the “average” character capability. Allocations for the Endurance stats that exceed 6 points will consume 2 points instead of one.

A shallow explanation for the stats
Strength - Determines the capability of the character in performing physical tasks. Strength affects the checks on physical tasks.
Perception - Determines the prowess of the character in observation. Perception affects the checks on search or detection.
Endurance - Determines the fitness of the character. Capacities of Health, Hunger, Hydration and Energy meters are affected by this stat.
Charisma - Determines the charm of the character. The charisma stat would determine the results of interactions with NPCs.
Intelligence - Determines the cunning of the character. Depending on the allocation to this stat, certain inventions/innovations would be available, and crafting an object that would require intelligences higher than you possess would result in the creation being defective.
Agility - Determines the quickness of the character. Agility affects the checks that involves reflexes.
Luck - Determines how lucky the character is. Has various effects throughout the course of the roleplay.

Success Checks
Most actions performed during the RP are directly influenced by the stat points allocated to their corresponding stats. These actions are rolled with a 20 sided die and the result is added to the success modifier provided by your stat allocation as given by the following table:

|Points | Modifier
|1____|__-8__|
|2____|__-4__|
|3____|__-2__|
|4____|__-1__|
|5____|__±0_ |
|6 -7__|__+1_ |
|8 - 9_ |__+3_ |
|10___|__+5_ |

The total is then compared to the next table denoting the result of your character’s action.

Results:
1 ≥ - Catastrophic Failure
2 - 4 - Complete Failure
5 - 9 - Salvageable Mistake
10 - Nothing Happens
11- 15 - Minimally Successful
16-19 - Expected Result
20 ≤ - Overly Successful

Do note however that there are certain actions that will be fulfilled no matter how unsuccessful the roll is, it’s the overall effect that the “success” denotes.

Posting Rules and In-Game Time
With the above said (Success Checks), please leave your posts open ended in events where an action (such as moving a rock, checking under a rock, catching a flying rock) is performed such as with the following example.
Wondering what it was headed his way, the plusvier opened its maw and readied to chomp.

A post of at least once a day is requested but not required. However, if you fall behind in posting, time will continue to run its course and being absent from the RP for a long period of time will cause your character to be at a disadvantage. Take note that time will run by how time is spent and not by the number of posts. Conversations will take very little time while traveling would eat up time very quickly.

While there is no post rotation, not posting for 48 hour while it's your turn would put you in an "inactive" status.
While inactive, the EM may control your character and after being inactive for one week, the player is regarded as missing and may be replaced by another player who is willing to control the character.

Rests will always take up one (1) hour and groupings will be split if a member does not agree to resting when another member proposes it.

In-game Daytime is 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

Other notes
Map
The map of Aecros will be revealed along with the progression of the characters. Each division is roughly one kilometer and will take at least 15 minutes when walked.

Difficulty
Survival in Aecros will depend mainly on the actions of the characters. The initial difficulty is set at “easy” although several factors will affect it.

Inventory
  • Characters will be able to carry 3 items on their person and an additional item per hand while certain “container items” like backpacks would increase the player’s total carrying capacity. The clothes currently worn by the character does not count towards the inventory.
  • Having an item “on hand” penalizes the character on reflex checks that involves the use of the hands although he/she may choose to drop the item in the course of the action, the dropped item may suffer consequences that result from it being dropped.
  • Passing items from one character to another involves offering the item to the other character. The recipient must then accept the item in his/her post before the item is legally passed.
Random Events
  • Each character would be assigned a set of numbers.
    • Disaster Signal - 1
    • Roxanne - 2, 3, 4
    • Scott - 5, 6, 7
    • Torrid - 8, 9, 10
    • Axel - 11, 12, 13
    • Galadan - 14, 15, 16
    • Drake - 17, 18, 19
    • Boon Event - 20
  • At a random time, a dice roll would determine the focus of the event, based on the list above.
    • If a character is selected then it would take into consideration their luck in a following roll which would determine the event.
    • If a 1 is rolled then a disaster might happen if the next random event roll turns up to be less than 10.
    • If a 20 is rolled then something helpful to all the characters would happen. Although it may or may not be immediately.
  • It will be limited to a maximum of one event per one real life day.
Non-Player Characters
I will be controlling interactive NPCs throughout the game, these NPCs are capable of taking care of themselves and will not have meters like players. The list of NPCs are as follows:
Name: Rittel Stoller
Species: Alaskan Malamute
Appearance: Goes around in a red ski outfit.
Personality: Constantly hangs around the crash site during the night, disappears at daybreak.
Character List:
1. Roxanna Diane (theblackcateyes)
2. Scott Baxter (Coatl_Ruu)
3. Torrid Sбnteлient (simple things)
4. Axel Canes (Mystic Wolf)
5. Galadan Yanev (The Moon Howler)
6. Drake Barkis (Tha Housefox)
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 33 times in total.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Hypergenesis

Map (Notes) and Character information

Post by Hypergenesis »

Notable Locations
I-29: Crash Site, Starting Location, Player's Camp

Character Status

Roxanna Diane
Health: Fine
Energy: Fine
Hunger: Fine
Hydration: Fine

Inventory
  • Ballpen
    Revolver Handgun
    Broken Bottle of Water (1L), unsealed
    Backpack (5):
    1. Box of Revolver Bullets (24)
    2. Flares (5)
    3. Axehead
Scott Baxter
Hunger: Caution
Hydration: Caution

Inventory
  • Ballpen
    Backpack (5):
    1. Lighter
    2. Box of Rubber Gloves (100)
    3. Purifier Straw
    4. First Aid Kit (15)
    5. Antiseptic Alcohol (475ml/500ml)
Torrid Sбnteлient

Inventory
  • Flashlight
    Backpack (5):
    1. Water Bottle (250/500ml)
    2. Wind-Up Water Heater
    Luggage Bag (8):
    1. Waterproof Matches (75)
    2. Desiccant (15)
    3. Extra Clothes
    4. Machete
    5. 60m Climbing Rope
    6. Pain Relief Patch
    7. Sleeping Bag
    8. Size D Batteries (2)
Axel Canes

Inventory
  • Large Firefly (6cm)
    Ballpen
    Sling Bag (3):
    1. 100m Straw Rope
    2. Bottle of Water (250/500ml)
    3. Umbrella
Galadan Yanev

Inventory
  • Adjustable Wrench
  • Stick
    Backpack (5):
    1. Matches (73)
    2. Hammock
    3. Insect Repellent Sticker (6)
    4. Extra Clothes
    5. Flashlight
Drake Barkis

Inventory
  • Makeshift Spear
    Compass
    Bottle of Water (150/500ml)
    Sling Bag (3):
    1. Caffeine Patch (10)
    2. Energy Bars (5)
    3. Intermediate Pad (90)
Camp 1
Campfire: Lit
Ground:
  • Water Chestnuts (14)
  • Flares (2)
  • Military Rations (3)
  • Big Leaf (49)
Coconut Shell:
  • Wild Pink Berry (5)
Plane Debris:
  • Wild Pink Berry (11)
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 56 times in total.
theblackcateyes

Re: SRP: Aecros Hydris OoC

Post by theblackcateyes »

Oh WOW, i know i'm in a SRP already, but can i join?
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Hypergenesis

Trivia, Tips, Et cetera

Post by Hypergenesis »

Surroundings
  • The cloud cover on Aecros falls at around 9:00 PM while it reforms at 7:30 AM.
    The main cloud however, doesn't so communications to the outside world are still restricted.
  • The atmosphere in daytime Aecros is cool and humid. At night this changes to freezing and dry. Wet clothes are bad for you. Fur will offer some sort of protection against the cold, so keep your fur clean.
  • The animals and plants in Aecros is different from that on the surface world. Be cautious of what you eat.
  • Aecros is dreadfully dark at night. Without a light source it is almost impossible to see anything save from slightly lighter black outlines in a black background. Like this. Low light vision would have you seeing only slightly better. Like this.
  • Staying together offers many benefits, especially when there's a leader.
Physical Effects
Health Meter
  • Fine: No Effect
  • Caution: Str -1, Agi -1
  • Danger: Str-2, Agi -2, Int -1
Energy Meter
  • Caution: No Effect
  • Danger: Agi -1
Hunger Meter
  • Caution: Int -1, Cha -1
  • Danger: Int -1, Cha -2, Per +1, No Health and Energy Regen, Health slowly decreases.
Hydration Meter
  • Caution: Per -1
  • Danger: Per -2, No Health and Energy Regen, Health slowly decreases.
Out of Character
  • I keep the data of the character meters in forms of numbers. But for the sake of having a more realistic feel for the RP, I only give it to you in terms of Fine, Caution and Danger. This is because while one can feel their Hunger, Thirst, Weakness and Fatigue, it does not change the fact that the feeling is just an estimate.
    However, I will reveal that with Hunger and Hydration, Caution and Danger are listed for a specific time remaining while in indicators for energy and health they are displayed based on a percentage of your max capacity.
  • Overeating / Overdrinking is not an issue for me so long as you don't abuse it. You will not gain more than your maximum capacity from overeating / overdrinking. However, if a character constantly stuff himself / herself silly or makes a marvelous feat of eating way more than they can contain, that character is sure to get sick.
Items
<External Link>
*Sorry, but I have things on a spreadsheet. I would list it here but there's no function to create tables, I think.
This will update every time a new item is introduced to the RP. Although it won't always have full details until it is discovered in the RP.

Memoirs
<External Link>
*This is to add color to the RP. You may PM me your character's daily experience and I'll put it up in a site. Completely optional.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
theblackcateyes

i can't post right now...

can you reserve my post and i will post my character later today.. pleasssee?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh, okay then.
theblackcateyes

thanks see you later then! :D
Zander

Post by Zander »

Me gusta.. reserve spot?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Reserving a spot as well... I'm going to make a character here and in BsM. I'm hoping I don't get my wires crossed! XD
theblackcateyes

Name: Roxanna Diane

Species: Common rabbit

Appeareance: A cute blue rabbit with long ears an legs. She have very soft fur with a little cottoned tail and wonderful yellow eyes, with an amazing hearing. She is thin and very good looking, is flexible and have a very particular resistance to pain (mom´s gift). She is wearing now just her black boots, blue adjusted shorts, and a black and white striped shirt with very long sleeves: Like this. She also have a piercing in her left ear. And her purple collar have a pair of little wings as medal

Color: #0040FF

Personality: Try to attack her!, we will see if you can make her something...I love you, do you love me!?

Special!

Strength - 6
Perception - 4
Endurance - 9
Charisma - 9
Intelligence - 7
Agility - 2
Luck - 3

Everything alright? :D
Last edited by theblackcateyes on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I PMed you on a few minor things, but the character is good.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

I'd like to participate, but I probably won't write up a character sheet until tomorrow.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay, reserved a slot for you then.
theblackcateyes

Hypergenesis wrote:I PMed you on a few minor things, but the character is good.
edited
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

And... character creation powers go.

Name: Scott Baxter

Species: Leopard Gecko

Appearance: Physically, Scott's not much to look at. He's just a little on the chubby side, and is pretty average as far as muscle mass goes. He usually wears a t-shirt and a battered pair cargo pants. Tends to slouch. He wears a pair of fake glasses, just to "complete the image".

Personality: Paranoid conspiracy theorist, just a few steps below tinfoil hat level. Naturally, he's not the most trusting guy in the world. Usually keeps to himself and stays quiet.

SPECIAL:

S - 5
P - 9
E - 3
C - 5
I - 8
A - 5
L - 8

Color: #000080
Zander

Post by Zander »

Name: Torrid Sбnteлient (So-Ben-tale-E-Awnt)

Species: Siberian Husky

Occupation: Works part time at a local factory in Fairbanks Alaska, his hometown. During the off-season in the factory he usually goes out crab fishing with his brother and cousin.

Appearance: He has a white belly and muzzle, and a dark blue back, he has light blue eyes and a dark blue t-shirt. He wears khaki shorts and the tips of his paws are colored a lighter blue than his back.
Pic:

Personality: Though not very social, he can get the point across. It may not be the nicest way, but he gets it across. He can speak english, but his main language is russian, and you can hear it in his accent. A rather strong character, his form stands over 5 foot 10. Though afraid of heights, in anything else he's fearless. He has a large temper, stay on his good side and your fine, tick off his bad side and you'd better run.

Strength - 8
Perception - 4
Endurance - 8
Charisma - 4
Intelligence - 4
Agility - 5
Luck - 8

Color: #FF0000
Last edited by Zander on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
theblackcateyes

Zander wrote:Name: Torrid Sδnteςient

Species: Siberian Husky

Appearance: He has a white belly and muzzle, and a dark blue back, he has light blue eyes and wears a black scarf. the tips of his paws are colored a lighter blue than his back.
Pic:

Personality: Though not very social except for his team of dogs which were already in Alaska beforehand, he can get the point across. It may not be the nicest way, but he gets it across. He can speak english, but his main language is russian, and you can hear it in his accent. A rather strong character, his form stands over 5 foot 5, the same size as a wild wolf. Though afraid of heights, in anything else he's fearless.

Strength - 9
Perception - 4
Endurance - 9
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 4
Agility - 4
Luck - 8
Is a little... mmmm have so much points or not?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Hold on..

*types on calculator again*

they add up to 43 :/

Edit: Wait a minute, i'm confused..

Whats with the endurance thing?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
theblackcateyes

Ammm
Hypergenesis wrote:Allocations for the Endurance stats that exceed 6 points will consume 2 points instead of one.
Zander

Post by Zander »

No freakin' duh, i see that. I can read. how do i even end up with you people? -_-

Better? Jeesh no need to get fussy >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
theblackcateyes

Zander wrote:No freakin' duh, i see that. I can read. how do i even end up with you people? -_-

Better? Jeesh no need to get fussy >_>
sorry..._.-.*cry*
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Zander wrote:Jeesh no need to get fussy >_>
Really, one could say the same of you. Calmness, Zander. =P
Zander

Post by Zander »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
Zander wrote:Jeesh no need to get fussy >_>
Really, one could say the same of you. Calmness, Zander. =P
AND YOU TOO! WHAT IS EVERYBODY'S PROBLEM!

Lol, just kidding. :P

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

@ Coatl_Ruu

Your character sheet's approved.

@Zander

PMed you on simple matter about your sheet, but it's also good when you update in the color.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Increased win scenarios From 1 to 4. LoL
theblackcateyes

Hypergenesis wrote:Increased win scenarios From 1 to 4. LoL
ehh? i dont got that
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

When I created this SRP there was only 1 way to escape and survive, now there's *at least* 4.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Name: Axel Canes

Species: Hybrid (German Shepherd and Siberian Husky)

Appearance: Blue eyes and tall.
  • Picture: If you can't watch it, here is the link. Still problems? Then right click on it and copy the url, finally paste it on another tab. (Yep, this picture is quite problematic =w=)

Personality: Silent is the best adjective to describe Axel. He works right under pressure, and is used to solve problems. He can be a good leader in extreme cases, but he feels better just helping, not leading. His rule: "Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you."

SPECIAL:
Strength - 7
Perception - 7
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 6
Luck - 5

Color: #004080
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Zander

Post by Zander »

So when we go'n start :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Is there still a room for one more?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zander wrote:So when we go'n start :3
Well I can only start after Tuesday my time, when most of my schoolwork (for the term) is finished.
I'm also giving the players who reserved slots up to Wednesday to make a char sheet, with PMs coming tomorrow when I get home.
After Wednesday 10:00 AM (GMT+8), I'll be officially starting the RP.
The Moon Howler wrote:Is there still a room for one more?
If you mean for you then your name's already up in the player list with a reservation.
For another player there still is.

@Mystic Wolf
LoL late sorry.
Character Approved.

=================================================================

If anyone else would be joining, feel free to post your character sheet even if it exceeds the seventh placeholder. You'll still be accommodated if you post a character sheet / reservation before I close registrations at Tuesday 10:00 PM (GMT+8).
The Moon Howler

Here's my sheet:

Name: Galadan Yanev

Species: Russian Blue

Appearance: This pic
Classic Russian blue with green eyes, higher than average cats. He usually wears either of his uniforms (working uniform, which includes these boots or his Military uniform, which uncludes his Military boots as well), but as civilian, he wears Black shirt, Blue 3/4 jeans, and sneakers, plus his tags(given he’s from the military)

Personality: Has Military behavior. Not very talkative about his unit. He is considered a wunderkind in the military, because of his talent with the machines. His very feat – repair a tank on the field. As civilian, he’s usually talkative, but not that much. He likes to have a beer with a friend. Good pilot and driver. Moderate with using programs.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance – 6
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 7
Luck – 5

Color:008000
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

@The Moon Howler
Character approved.

========================
Rolled a secret roll for the current lineup. Why are you all so lucky? (( No, I don't mean the luck stat ))
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Edited one of my earlier posts to accommodate a post for Triva and Tips.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Omg memoirs.. I'm so going to do that.

And
It
Will
Be
Awesome.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hee hee. Looking forward to it then.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Name: Drake Barkis

Species: Cat, Chartreux.

Appearance/Picture:
Image Wears an adventuring suit with pockets for bottles and a sash on his waist to store ropes and items that he finds.

Personality: He lives for the next stunt. He boarded the plane, mistakenly thinking he could jump out of it while it was in the air. He has learned to repair devices on his own, similar to that of an engineer, and also has some knowledge of first aid. He can get full of himself sometimes, leading to some arguments which would not be had if he had someone to calm him down.

SPECIAL:
S:6
P:7
E:6
C:5
I: 6
A: 6
L:7
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Uhm.. PMed.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

SRP First Post is up.
Ggo ahead and play among yourselves (Introductions and everything I mean.). Don't worry, you won't fall off the edge of the world unless you try to. ( or if someone pushes you too much. )

=========================
Item Database up.
Set EM update times.
Personal Items revealed.
Registration Closed.
Information PMs sent to the players.

By the way since everything's just starting I'm waiting for more people to post first before the first update comes up. The following updates would follow the EM-UT (EM Update Times) more.

As some characters had latent traits, I made up a few traits that grants a conditional bonus when certain actions are performed by the character. These bonuses will come up as an extra "plus" to rolls involving those actions.
The Moon Howler

Chosen starting clothes set - Military suit

My RP Characters