Housepets! All's fair in Love and War

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ChristopherJackal

Housepets! All's fair in Love and War

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Hey guys I'm finally back, and my muse has kicked into overdrive for this one! Not sure how long it will be, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like my last fiction Changing the Status Quo! (Go read it if you haven't by the way!) Anyways all of Housepets! and all the characters (unless I made them up) belong to Rick Griffin who is most awesome!

So without further delay I present my new fic

All's Fair in Love and War

Sasha:

Letting out a yawn the cream and brown colored Shepherd rolled out her bed rubbing her eyes, “God morning!” The dog wasn’t talking to anyone in specific but she smiled nonetheless as she greeted the day. Sasha’s tail was already wagging at full speed as she mentally went over her plans for the day, for the most part it was going to be an average day but the main thing that stuck out was that she had a date with Bino today. That was definitely something she was looking forward to. With Bino always being busy with club affairs she never really got to hang out with him, let along go out on a date.

The date itself wasn’t planned until later in the evening so Sasha still had the whole day to figure out something to do until it was time. Her dad was already out for the day so she opted for a small breakfast before heading outside; it was definitely a nice day out so why spend it indoors? Steeping outside there was a nice breeze as the warmth of the sun beamed down on all the pets that were out and about enjoying the day. Sasha didn’t have anywhere in particular to go so she just decided to wander around. With nowhere in particular to go the dog simply smiled and waved to everyone she passed. One black dog In particular was the one known as Daisy. “Hi daisy!” Sasha was smiling as big as ever as she waved to her friend.

“Hi I’m Daisy,” was the only reply the black dog gave along with her familiar smile and wave.

“Guess what! Bino and I are going on a date today!” Sasha excitedly clapped her hands together as her smile grew bigger, “isn’t that awesome? We don’t get to go on dates often so I’m super excited!”

“Hi…” Daisy’s smile cracked just slightly as her right eye seemed to twitch a bit, “I’m Daisy…”

Sasha was oblivious to it all as she flashed one last smile before deciding to head off once again, nothing was going to ruin this day. The rest of the day went by mostly uneventful as she made her way to the park to play with a ball, went to visit more friends, and finally returned to the park for a nice nap in the sun. Eventually with the day well into the evening it was finally time to go meet up with Bino, and she honestly couldn’t be happier.

The walk to Bino’s house was actually fairly short, and soon enough Sasha found herself traveling up the driveway and knocking on the door. “Biney Bon! Are you home?”

“Who is it?” An annoyed muffled voice came through the door, as it opened Bino stood just staring at Sasha, “Oh hey Sasha, what are you doing here?”

Sasha remained smiling as big as ever as she happily hugged Bino, “did you forget silly? We have a date today!”

“Let go Sasha!” Bino pried the excited dog away before looking back inside, “look Sasha, I’m actually rather busy today…”

Sasha’s ears fell instantly as she realized what was coming, “but…”

“No buts Sasha, Its important club matters that I need to take care of.”

“But! Biney!” Sasha hugged him once more as she looked up pleadingly, “I was looking forward to this!”

“I’m sorry Sasha, but this is important…” Again he pried her from around his waist as he shook his head, “now if you don’t mind.”

“Can’t it wait? I really wanted to go out!”

“NO Sasha! I need to do this for the meeting tomorrow.”

“Please! With sugar on top?” Sasha didn’t want to give up so easily, maybe he would eventually say yes.

“Enough Sasha I need to go…”

“Please!!!”

“No!”

“Please please please!”

“Enough Sasha! Why are you clingy all of a sudden? Go bother someone else, I’m done with this!” With that he slammed the door as left her there sniffling.

King:

“Ugh…” The small corgi ground as he rolled over in his bed, his ears twitched as a thumping started just outside his window. “Go away…” Sure enough as he rolled over once more he could see a husky standing outside his window smiling at him. With some annoyance he managed to get out of bed and made his way to open the window, “can anyone get some decent sleep around here for a change?”

Fox wasted no time jumping into the room as he smiled, “awww don’t be like that King, besides it’s almost noon!”

King just groaned again as the larger dog started to ruffle his head fur. “Almost noon? It’s still early then…” King let out a yawn as he was making his way back to his bed, “wake me up when it’s actually time to get up, in maybe a few hours.”

“Sorry King I’m not going to let you waste a perfectly good day inside! Just look how nice it is outside!” With that Fox picked up the Corgi and carried him outside.

“Hey! Put me down, I want to sleep!” King continued to squirm until he was finally put on the floor by the sidewalk, “great…” letting his ears drop he looked longingly back to his room before turning to his friend, “fine since you already have me up, what do you want to do?”

Fox had his paw under his chin as he thought for a moment, “I’m not really sure, what do you feel like doing?” King was about to respond but was cut off before he could, “other than go back to sleep I mean.”

King had his arms crossed as he looked at Fox, “fine if not go back to sleep, then how about we take a nap?”

“Ha-ha, someone is being a wise dog today!” Fox stuck his tongue out as he reached for the smaller dogs paw, pulling him along. “Come on let’s go to the park!”

“Why the park?” King kept complaining all the way there, but that was nothing compared to the complaining he did after he heard what they were going to be doing, “RUNNING? No way!”

Fox was just smiling, obviously amused with the smaller dog, “oh come on King! You need to do some exercise; I mean you are getting kind of pudgy.”

“Hey!” King was now more flustered than before, “I’m NOT getting pudgy!” Before Fox could reply he was promptly tackled to the floor by the corgi. The two were quickly swept into games of rolling around, chasing one another, and several other variants of the general game of tag. Before either of them knew it several hours had passed and they both found themselves panting on the ground beneath a tree.

As both dogs sat trying to catch their breath, neither noticed another dog heading their way at full speed, “KINGY!” In an instant King was tackled to the floor by a sobbing Sasha, “B… Bino broke up with me!”

“What? “ King had to shake his head several times before his vision finally cleared and he saw Sasha crying in front of him, “oh…” As carefully as he could King wrapped his arms around her as she continued to cry, “hey Fox I think I should take her home… see you tomorrow?”

The walk with Sasha was rather silent except for the occasional sniffle that came from Sasha, King already knew the motions they would go through for the night, this had happened at least once every other week or so, so he was more than used to it by now. Eventually they made their way into Sasha’s doghouse where King already made himself comfortable, “why do you keep doing this to yourself Sasha? You do this so often why not just break it off for good? Stop yourself from getting hurt so much.” Like every other time King found himself talking to the air as Sasha fell asleep instantly, the same way she did every time, “Good night Sasha…” With a quick kiss to her forehead he curled up close to her sleeping form and let himself fall asleep.

Fox:

The husky brushed himself off as he watched his friend leave, “I guess it’s time to go home.” The walk home was quiet and peaceful, which was something Fox was definitely grateful for. There was just something about the tranquil atmosphere that he loved, it was the perfect environment for him to just sit down in and enjoy a nice book. As he thought about it that actually didn’t seem like a bad idea, he did have that book to finish he started the other day. He didn’t want to admit it to anyone but his favorite books to read were actually romance novels. He had no way to explain it but he always found himself so wrapped up in one of them, and he loved it. His excitement only grew as he entered his house; thinking about it only psyched him up to get back to his book. As he entered his room his attention was drawn to a small box sitting on his bed, “what’s this?” Inspecting the box didn’t take long with its small size but what caught his interest most was the small card hanging from the ribbon it was tied with. It wasn’t so much the card that kept his interest, but rather what was writing in it.

To Fox

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You don’t know me
But I love you

From Anonymous

Fox couldn’t help but chuckle to himself as he read over the card once more, “It’s like right out of one my books!” Taking the chance to put the card aside he started on opening the box, but what he found inside only cause him confusion. “String?” As he held up the two strings another note was seen neatly folded inside the box.

Dear Fox,

I’ve watch you for so long
To this I must confess
Since my feelings grown stronger
Now my life is a mess

There are two strings in this box
One green and one red
They are to answer my question
So nothing needs to be said

The red is for no
The green is for yes
With this poem
I hope to impress

Hang one out your window
So I’ll know what you say
Then maybe we’ll meet
Maybe someday…

Signed a secret admirer.

P.S
Sorry about the cheesy poem, I just haven’t worked up the nerve to talk to you face to face yet. Should that day ever come heavily depends on your answer tonight, I’ll patiently await your reply.

Once again Fox chuckled to himself, it was a little overly cheesy but still it made him feel a little special. He definitely didn’t have to think about it as he went to hang the green string before he went to bed.

So in case anyone didn't notice I'm trying a different style of writing this go around, I wanted to seperate everyone's point of view as I go. So I'd like to note there may be some backtracking and crossovers as I shift from view to view but it should be easy to follow. (In theory) Let me know what ya'll think! Constructive comments are welcome!
theblackcateyes

Re: Housepets! All's fair in Love and War

Post by theblackcateyes »

Wow, like a self designed "love drama amateur writer" i most said that I i'm impressed... Poor Sasha "With sugar in the top" that makes me sad for her, just please tell me that Bino wasn't doing something with daisy!?
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Really good, as usual. I like the flipping perspectives. I tried to do something similar but it just turned out really bad. I might have to...steal this layout. And slap it into that awfully formatted post of mine.

I have a feeling I know who the secret admirer is. Probably completely wrong though.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

AH CJ your Back! And with such great work too This has the foundation to be an amazing fic indeed!
I have a feeling I know who the secret admirer is. Probably completely wrong though.

I have a good Idea too but the same- This is the kinda of thing that is going to keep me up tonight...
Also what a great Poem CJ!
I really must say its extremely well done all the characters personality's where captured perfectly Bravo CJ!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

I like War! but this start a bit like many other Fic on here but the part with Fox keeps my attention.

everyone see Bino as a unloving BF but no one cares that Sasha is only be "his" GF sometimes and she go on dates with Fido...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome as always, CJ. I cannot wait to see where you take this. Very interesting layout. It works nicely.

Fox has an admirer? I wonder who that might be... :lol:

Only criticism I can see is a few spelling errors. Nothing major. I guess just spellcheck first?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

CJ!!! You're back!

Once again, you've churned out an awesome story that I hope to se the continuation to very soon! Now to work on my own update. *giggles*

There are a couple of tense issues, especially in the poem, but they're minor and ignorable.
ChristopherJackal

Yeah sorry about the spelling and whatnot guys, my muse hit hard Monday and wouldn't leave me alone until I got it down and shared. It happens...

Anyways I wanted to share a few things I forgot, One I'm not really going to stick to any specific update schedule so my updates will be whenever I get them done for the most part. And two I wanted to say that poetry is seriously not my forte! :lol: So I guess bear with me on that!

Also a for what everyone says about the admirer and Bino and whatnot, it'll all be explained in due time so no worries on that!

Lastly a lot of others like to send messages for when they update, and I find that helpful with keeping up with everything so I'm thinking I may start that too. So let me know if you want to be on that list of people to send messages to!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Tarot.png
Awesome!!!!
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

scatch that last. It's the awesomest story I've every heard. the bit about fox was SOOO cute and sweet. ahhh! Can't wait. Who is fox's admirer?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
valerio

Post by valerio »

And again we're back to awesomeness and cuteness, all mixed up ina refreshing tonic for our souls! :D :D :D
Another great job, CJ! Now keep squeezing that muse or she'll turn lazy! I want more awesomess!
ChristopherJackal

Bino:

“I hate mornings…” The brown dog known as Bino reluctantly got out of bed as the first rays of sun streamed in from the window. The dog had spent most of the previous night getting all his notes together for the upcoming meeting his club would be having later that day, the notes still scattered all over his desk were the only evidence of his late nights endeavors. He would have liked nothing more than to just climb back into bed and sleep some more, but he had to prepare for the meeting to unfortunately that was out of the question. Soon after his morning routine was finished and his note cards collected Bino found himself at the kitchen table, where much to his dismay his fellow housemate Maxwell sat munching quite loudly on whatever it was he was having for breakfast, “Must you chew so loudly?” Bino's lack of sleep was evident in his early morning grumpiness.

In typical Maxwell fashion the black cat sported his signature grin before starting to chew louder. His grin only grew as Bino seemed to only get more annoyed, “you make it too easy sometime you know that Bino? It’s almost not as fun sometimes.”

Bino glared at the cat before turning to get breakfast himself, “good, then maybe you’ll stop being so immature all the time.”

“Doubt it, I did say almost didn’t I?” By the time Bino sat down Max was already finished and putting his dishes away, “see you later mutt.”

“Pest…” It took Bino some time to calm down before he could focus back onto his notes, as far as he could tell everything was in order and ready to go. He had blown off Sasha and stayed up all night for this and it paid off, for once he was ready way ahead of schedule and it actually felt pretty good not to have to rush last minute. As he thought about it more his conversation with Sasha came back to mind, how happy she was when she first arrived and how depressed he made her leave… to be honest he was feeling rather bad about it now. It wasn’t that he didn’t like her or didn’t like spending time with her or anything, quite the opposite actually, it’s just when it comes to the Good ol’ Dogs Club nothing can come before it. He needed to get his notes ready and taking time off for a date would just have put him too far behind to get everything done last night. Finishing his food he almost instantly decided he needed to apologize, explain everything, and make it up to Sasha somehow. Eventually Bino settled on just taking on a date after the meeting, he had nothing planned for the rest of the day anyways and he was more than positive she’d like the idea.

As the meeting drew nearer Bino made his way to the club, making sure to be the first to arrive as always. It didn’t take long for others to start to arrive and before anyone knew it the meeting was underway. Some dogs in the crowd slipped in and out of naps while others busied themselves by chatting with others, until finally Bino was reaching his last announcement, “and last on our agenda is an upcoming dance. This one will be in two weeks so make sure you all have your date by then.” The crowd almost instantly broke into cheering, parties were their favorite events at the Good ol’ Dogs Club. “Though this dance will be a little different than usual, this time I decide we should go with the Sadie Hawkins concept,” Bino rolled his eyes as the room went quite with everyone confused of the concept, letting out a sigh he shook his head and clarified, “that means the girls have to ask the guys to the dance, not the other way around.” Once again cheering broke out though most were unsure about it. “And with that I end this meeting.” With a quick bang of his gavel the meeting was over.

Daisy:

Daisy wasn’t a very talkative dog, usually going around saying the same thing to everyone and anyone. It was almost like a catch phrase that everyone knew. But today… today was going to be different, she was going to say more than her usual line and if everything went the way she was hoping she’d win over the dog that had her eye for some time now. “You’re going to be mine Bino; today is the day and only Sasha stands in my way…”

Daisy was one of the first dogs to get to the club, though just about nobody noticed her as she stood and waited for the meeting to begin. Those that did notice she simply greeted with her usual, “Hi, I’m Daisy.”

The meeting itself was rather uneventful but as Bino got the last announcement Daisy was about ready to explode out of excitement, this was her chance! She was going to ask Bino first before Sasha could, and he’d accept and she’d finally win! As she looked to Bino he was obviously looking elsewhere, following his gaze there was Sasha standing in the opposite corner, “NO!” Before she knew it Daisy had rushed forward pushing her way through the crowd just as Bino was stepping off stage. Finally the black dog managed to reach the dog of her dreams, but as she opened her mouth all that came out was “Hi, I’m Daisy.”

Bino was intently staring at Sasha as another dog stepped in the way, “Oh hey Daisy, I actually have somewhere I need to be so if you’ll excuse me.”

And with that Bino was off in the other direction. Daisy was boiling inside, upset with Bino for just blowing her off, upset with Sasha for having his attention, but most of all upset with herself for blowing her chance. “Why did I have to mess it up…” She was going to just head home when out of nowhere a shouting match erupted behind her, turning around all she could see was Sasha being led away by Fox while Bino and King continued to glare each other down

Not too long after Fox left King left still obviously upset at whatever just happened, and Bino was left alone again fuming from whatever just occurred. Slowly Daisy made her way over to where Bino was, not entirely sure what to do, “Ummm… hey you alright?”

“Oh I’m just dandy thanks for asking,” Sarcasm was dripping from his words as he made no intentions of hiding his frustration. As Daisy recoiled from his response he let out a sigh, “look I’m sorry, I’m just not in the mood to talk alright?”

“Oh…” Daisy stood there quiet for a moment, this was her chance she could win him over if she played her cards right, “well you feel like eating? My treat?”

Bino had an eyebrow raise but accepted anyways, and with that the two were off to enjoy a little snack so Bino could vent his frustrations.

Fox:

The husky was next to King throughout the meeting, and though he hated to admit it he had fallen asleep more than once during Bino’s long speech. As far as Fox could tell King didn’t do any better, the small corgi was snoring away even after the meeting had ended. Laughing slightly to himself the larger dog light shook the smaller one awake, “wake up King, the meeting is over.”

Snapping out of his pleasant nap King was already rather grumpy, “over? Finally, lets go!” Before the pair could leave though the small corgi could over hear Bino apologizing to Sasha, and of course her accepting it all in her over eager manner. King was tired of it, every week they’d make up and then brake up, and he had to be there to help Sasha as she cried the night away and then started to cycle all over again the next day. In no time King was already in Bino’s face, “why don’t you just leave her alone already? Honestly you two break up just about every other day!”

Bino had to take a second to recover from the initial shock of King in his face, “oh yeah? And what’s it to you shorty? Get out of our business!”

By the time Fox reached the group their shouting match was loud enough that anyone still in the club was intently watching the two waiting to see who would throw the first punch. King was about to pounce first but Fox caught him and stepped in-between the two, “can you two ever get along? Seriously guys this is getting ridiculous!” As he looked to Sasha it was apparent she was still slightly confused as to what exactly was going on, “Sasha you should probably go home, these two obviously need to sort something out by themselves." Glaring at the two he turned and walked Sasha out.

As he led her home Sasha was abnormally quiet as she thought over what just happened, he train of thought was only derailed as Fox started talking, “you know they were fighting over you right?”

“But why?” Sasha was actually curious as to why they would go after each other so quickly, and because of her at that.

Fox laughed as they neared her house, “Don’t tell him I told you this, and he’ll probably deny it if you ask, but King likes you much like Bino does, so I’d doubt I’d need to say more.”

Thinking it over Sasha was now more confused than ever, but for now she’d just leave it be, “Oh ok, well see you tomorrow Fox!” With that she flashed him a small smile and headed inside.

His own walk home was fairly quiet, which he was more than thankful for, with nothing in particular to think about he was actually rather eager to get home. For one thing he could finally rest with a nice book after that crazy day and two a small part of him was curious to know if he was left another note. Sure enough sitting on his bed a nice little envelope sat with his name neatly written on top. Opening it up it was a simple little letter.

Dear Fox,

I’m sorry it’s not another poem like before but my heart was beating so fast as I saw the green hanging from your window and I couldn’t think straight. So instead this time I’m writing you a letter, I hope you don’t mind… Needless to say I was rather excited to see that green string hanging from your window last night. It gave me hope, hope that I so desperately needed. However this hope cannot last forever… I can’t bear to keep it alive if nothing will come of it. So tonight I ask you this, can you agree to finally meeting in one week? If I can stir something inside you in that time then there may be a chance, if not I’ll waste your time no longer.

P.S.
There are four letters missing in my name.

Signed
A__e__a

“A week?” Fox already grabbed the green string with curiosity burning inside him, but still he was nervous. He loved reading about these kinds of situations in books but experiencing it firsthand was something totally different. Letting out a sigh he hung up the string, “One week it is then.” Looking back to the letter the name caught his eye causing him to grin, “Maybe I can figure it out sooner…”

Yay finally got another part done. All I can say is now everyone knows Bino wasn't with Daisy in the first part and he's not a complete jerk just a workaholic. And everyone should probably be able to guess the admirer now if they haven't already. Shouldn't be too much a surprise though... :lol: I stuck with a normal letter this go around because I couldn't think of anything to do for a poem, being that I can be really uncreative and just downright suck when it comes to poetry. I'll try and attempt one every now and again though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

really should have guessed that. your sig banner should have given it away.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

OK, Daisy has officially caught my attention now :o
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great update! Follegra Lives!!!!

Daisy is becoming quite an interesting character. This should turn out to be interesting indeed.
My characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

how did i miss this??! ~ CJ excellent work! and I'm tickled to death to see that not only one that ships Bino-Daisy in fan fiction. I really enjoy your writing style! I imagine it takes quite a bit more effort to write like that in that fashion. and a really really like seeing you use Follegra again. Excellent update CJ!! I can't wait till the next one
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Love can be a true from of Evil... Dasiy Vs Sasha and Bino Vs King... I hope they all Kill each other~ HA HA Haaaa!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

That's awesome. :o ;) :) :D :D :D
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
ChristopherJackal

Hey, sorry for not posting anything for a while... been distracted pretty much being a dork... anyways I'm going to work on this today and hopefully will have something up soon!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

B.T.W. What's Follregra?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Fox and Allegra, the fan given name of the cat here
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you haven't disappeared for good! I can't wait for more Jackal awesomeness! :D
My characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

dude, that was in July. Luna bumped the thread.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:dude, that was in July. Luna bumped the thread.

Well, optimism is always a good thing. Heheheh...... It happens, okay!? :roll:
My characters
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Hello.... Is this fic dead? If so :(
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yeah, CJ kind of just disappeared, leaving us hanging... Sad, since this was awesome and I enjoyed the Follegra fan ship.
My characters