MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem smiled, "I love stories for another time. They give you something to look forward to. And I have something for you to look forward to as well; eventually, I'll figure out what you are really like. And when I do, you can rest assured that I'll make you something that you will enjoy." He said happily as he patted Hate on the sholder. "But, for now, I wil depart."

"What? Where are you going?" Clyde asked.

"I don't know!" He announced proudly. "And that is half the fun! Thank you for the story and the meal, Cookie. Farewell, everyone, untill we meet again." He sang as he bolted out the door, leaving a few coins on the counter next to Cookie.

Clyde sighed and chuckled, "That's my brother for you; here one minute, gone the next, and leaving you that much more confused. Now that I think about it, maybe he should meet Lizzie Lu, they seem to have a lot in common." He laughed.

Hem trotted down the street, heading nowere in particular, greeting everypony he knew (which was almost everyone). He continued wandering for some time before he came to the library. Ooh, the Library! I haven't been there in hours! He thought as he walked in, Perhaps I should ask Navy if she needs a new painting for the lobby... Something to inspire somepony...
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:"I don't know!" He announced proudly. "And that is half the fun! Thank you for the story and the meal, Cookie. Farewell, everyone, untill we meet again." He sang as he bolted out the door, leaving a few coins on the counter next to Cookie.

Clyde sighed and chuckled, "That's my brother for you; here one minute, gone the next, and leaving you that much more confused. Now that I think about it, maybe he should meet Lizzie Lu, they seem to have a lot in common." He laughed.

Hem trotted down the street, heading nowere in particular, greeting everypony he knew (which was almost everyone). He continued wandering for some time before he came to the library. Ooh, the Library! I haven't been there in hours! He thought as he walked in, Perhaps I should ask Navy if she needs a new painting for the lobby... Something to inspire somepony...
"Oh, no no no no no no," laughed Cookie. "You boys are always in such a hurry! Please tell your brother there's no charge for the meal or the story, Clyde. It's on the house."
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( WOW, you guys know the WORST times to start posting again. Navy was totally about to blackmail Locke... ))
BlueAnubis wrote:Hem smiled, "I love stories for another time. They give you something to look forward to. And I have something for you to look forward to as well; eventually, I'll figure out what you are really like. And when I do, you can rest assured that I'll make you something that you will enjoy." He said happily as he patted Hate on the sholder. "But, for now, I wil depart."

"What? Where are you going?" Clyde asked.

"I don't know!" He announced proudly. "And that is half the fun! Thank you for the story and the meal, Cookie. Farewell, everyone, untill we meet again." He sang as he bolted out the door, leaving a few coins on the counter next to Cookie.

ChewyChewy wrote:"Oh, no no no no no no," laughed Cookie. "You boys are always in such a hurry! Please tell your brother there's no charge for the meal or the story, Clyde. It's on the house."
Hate raised a brow again at the pony-antics going on around him, remembering that this was part of why he didn't live in the main town. He glanced down at his shoulder as Hem patted it, then watched as Hem practically rushed out the door. He stood and listened for a brief moment before speaking up, "Well... he is quite a peculiar pony... I'm assuming that he's your adopted brother?" he glanced over at Clyde. The way he had said "adopted" was somewhat odd, as if he'd simply assumed that the two ponies weren't at all related. He continued though, glancing at Cookie and then back to Clyde as he spoke, "And what were we going on about before he came in? Something about Alicorns?"

==== MEANWHILE ====
exranio wrote:"Uh yeah I made some decisions." Locke closed the book and walked towards Blue. "There wasn't to many chooses in housing, but there's a place on market street that's not too expensive." Locke walked up to the desk and sat himself down right there. "So where is the food? It is here right? Oh and thanks again for helping so much today.". Locke was actually a bit suspicious. Not many ponies are this nice to a stranger. He shrugged it off as pity for being dumb enough to walk into a wall.
Navy led Locke back to the front of the library, glancing behind the desk to find that a package had been delivered from a local restaurant and was sitting on her chair. "Ah yes, there it is." She picked up the package and sat down, motioning to a padded stool on the other side of the desk from her as she set the package on the table and unwrapped it. Inside was a small bowl of soup, a large bowl of salad, and 4 breadsticks. Navy nodded at it, "Ah yes, salad. Quite a filling and hearty meal, don't you think?" She pulled out a napkin and put it on his side of the desk, opening the container of salad and giving him a small portion of it, along with a breadstick. (what. You think she was going to give him her entire lunch?)

(( ==== This is from IRC ==== ))
Locke frowned looking at his portion of the meal. He really should have known better than to get his hopes up, but hey food is food. He quickly scarfed down the whole meal like his life depended on it. "That was really nice of you to give me some. Thanks to you theres no longer a black hole eating at the insides of my body!" It was a strange way to put hunger, but it worked.

Navy reclined onto her back in the chair, propping her hind-hooves onto the table and picking up the container of soup, opening it and holding it in one hoof while picking up a soup-spoon which the restaurant had provided in the other. She took a spoonfull of it and sighed, "Ah yes, and a soup is always good too..." she ate a little more before casually setting it down and leaning forward to remark in a rather offhoof fashion to Locke, who was still scarfing down food, "You know, the Equestrian authorities haven't been alerted about you yet."

"Great I was sorta worried they...." Locke's eyes suddenly dilated as he realized what she'd just said. (She knows oh god what now?) "When did you figure out I was a criminal?" He looked back at his cutie ark. Oh right its a bandit mask. He managed to fool most poeple in the past into thinking it meant he was good at making masks. He took a deep sigh, "What do you want me for?" he sighed again "If you were gonna have me arrsted you would have called the gaurds by now. So clearly you need me." Then his ego started getting to him. "You could have just asked earlier I'm the bast at what I do back home." He announced boldly with a hoof on his chest.

Navy nodded with a smile, "Ah, very perceptive of you! I like that in a pony!" she pointed her spoon at him, "I'm sure you and I are going to become great friends." She chuckled, leaning over and setting down the soup before giving him another breadstick and more salad. She then reached down into her satchel and pulled out the binder she'd taken, opening it to the page she'd found earlier and revealing it to be a spread on him: "Locke, the Thief Lord of Elesca". It contained many notes about him and his skills, as well as some very large mugshots and a picture of his cutie-mark. "You see," she said, "It was quite obvious that you'd escaped from some foreign prison recently for some sort of crime: all I needed you to tell me was where, and I was able to pull out this wonderful little dossier of wanted criminals which magically updates itself. The best part about you..." she leaned forward and tapped a hoof on the page, noting the part which said "Status: Escaped from Elescan Dungeons during raid, low priority - presumed dead." She pulled the hoof back to cross it with her other, leaning forward more to smirk at him, looking him straight in the eyes over her square reading glasses, "Feeling relieved?"

"A bit. WAIT! Low PRIORITY! I'm worth a thousand common theivs." Locke grumbled. "Well at least they arnt after me anymore. So what sorta frienship are we talking about here? What role do you play in this. Obviously I'm the sly theif with skills. So what do you do?" He proceeded to devour the extra food. As they say the quickest way to a man's trust is food.

"Well," Navy began, popping a hoofful of salad into her mouth and munching on it, "I lied earlier: there ARE books which reveal the locations of hidden treasure in here, if you know how to look..." She leaned back again, gesturing towards the public records section they'd just come from, "As most ponies know, this library holds blueprints and maps dating back to its construction over a thousand years ago, what they don't realize is that those maps talk about places with treasure in them without actually saying that." She leaned back into her satchel, pulling out another, much older looking book with some archaic writing on the side, opening it to a building map on a page she's marked with a blue ribbon. "This," she said, spreading her hooves, "Is Shade Manor. Home of the former lordship of Grand Castilia. Now, you'll see that there's a vault in the basement," she pointed to a small room on one of the floors marked with some vaguely Equestrian symbols, "and obviously, what was left there has already been plundered long ago. BUT, what none of those ponies realized was that in the manor was a second area which they'd overlooked," she moved her hoof to a rathar large room on another floor, "The library." Her eyes widened with what looked like a maddened obsession, "Think of all those books, all of them from a thousand years ago, perfectly preserved by unicorn magic!" her eyes nearly rolled back in her head at the blissful thought, but she snapped out of it, "And, of course, there's probably some ancient treasure left on display..." she looked over at Locke, "Sound intriguing?"

"Books? You want books? Books full of unicorn magic? THAT YOU CAN'T USE!" He yelled that last part infuriated by Blue's logic. "I can not believe this. Are you paying me? Or is my only reward you not calling the guards?" He sighed again. Great my talents wasted on pointless books. "Fine whatever sounds too easy to need me though. Whats the catch?"

Navy held up her hooves to hush him down, "Hey, hey, public library, remember? Calm down!" She glanced around to make sure no one had heard him, but didn't see anyone, "C'mon, I... I really like books, ok? I just... I gotta have 'em... But... Well..." she averted her eyes, "The house is sort of... enchanted... and stuff... and there's a group of ponies who watch for break-ins... Now, I could help you with all that, but I'm not good enough at lock-picking to break in by myself... See... The whole place was set up by one of the foremost unicorn families in Equestria... The locks are WAY too complicated for me to get by myself: believe me, I've tried a couple times. Nearly got incinerated once..." she cringed at that one, "Look, I can help you with pretty much everything else, but I need someone who's really good at lockpicking, and I hear you're one of the best..." she blushed a bit at her own failure, going a bit sheepish on him, "You can keep all the treasure in there: the place has tons of untouched relics that would sell for alot of money to collectors and museums... I just want to get a look at that library, that's all...."

Locke grinned with a glint of greed in his eye. "Alrighty, that's more like it. Plus how could I not help a pretty pony. Dealt with plenty of enchanted locks before. All I need is some paper and I can right the seals to disarm the enchantment. Now whats your plan for distracting those guard ponies?" His pride was getting to him a bit.

Navy smirked again, her eyes glinting behind her glasses, "I know the one who'll be on guard duty tonight: he's quite attracted to me, actually." she smiled devilishly, "I can get him out of the way for a good few minutes and sneak in before he gets back: remember, I've done it twice before. As for you breaking in..." she smiled again, glancing down at her satchel, "I've already got all the tools you'll need to break through the enchanted locks, and from there I should be able to show you everything inside the mansion. From what I can tell, the only part that's ever been plundered is the basement, which makes it a perfect detour for an emergency getaway..." she pointed to the various places on the map as she explained her scheme to him, "As for the library, the lock on there might be a bit complicated, but I'm sure you can break into that vault as well as you did when you robbed the city treasury in Elesca... Once we're in there, there shouldn't be anything major. I'll just need to grab some books and we can get out..." she tapped her forehooves together in interest, "Oh, and you can grab anything you like while we're in there, I'll even tell you what's worth alot... Sound like a deal?"

"You're a very evil librarian you know that? I like it! All of this is easy level stuff anyway." Locke yawned a bit. Its been a long day so far. Starving, building attacks, black mail. "You know they say the best thing to do before a hiest is sleep. Can I crash here before its time to start?" His head slumped onto the desk and his eylelids became heavy.

Navy looked down at him, raising a brow in amusement, "Um... I guess so... But don't go falling asleep on my desk will you? This is a public library..." she stood and glanced over the half-eaten lunch and the pony nodding off next to it, "I'll..." she stopped, sighing and giving into the only solution she could think of, "I'll let you sleep in my bed for a bit..." She glanced down at him, making a note to wash the sheets later... in boiling water... twice... she wasn't fond at all of an unfamiliar stallion that she'd grabbed off the road sleeping in her bed, but she really wanted those books...

BlueAnubis wrote:Hem trotted down the street, heading nowere in particular, greeting everypony he knew (which was almost everyone). He continued wandering for some time before he came to the library. Ooh, the Library! I haven't been there in hours! He thought as he walked in, Perhaps I should ask Navy if she needs a new painting for the lobby... Something to inspire somepony...
Navy looked up, noticing that Neighhem had walked through the door. "Oh... Hello Neighhem, back already I see? Looking for another book or painting?" She seemed a bit annoyed at his sudden presence, especially with a strange pony sleeping next to her lunch, but tried to hide it...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke picked himself up off the desk to walk to wherever this bed was. Then he saw a new pony walk into the Library. "Look at that a black pony those arn't too common. I knew one we did a lot of awesome things together." He shooked his head and groaned "Ughhg I need a bed. Where's your place?" Lockes vision was getting hazy and his thoughts more disjunct than before. Life yet again proving itself to be complicated. He tried to walk outside and ended up bumping into the black pony and falling. Help I've fallen and I'm too lazy to get u...." He was asleep. Wandering the fields of foreign lands can make a pony tired at the most inconvenient of times.
Last edited by exranio on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"That's it, that's it!" Penwright grunted and groaned, slowly working his way back up onto his hooves. He swayed there a moment, his eyes going slightly derpy, before he shook his head and began heading for the door. As he went he turned to look back at the others. "I give up, I'm through, I'm finished. I bow before your superiour pie-eating abilities Lizzie, and bid you a very...fond, farewell. It's been fun."

Pen turned his head back forward, just in time to walk facefirst into the door.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Apparently, Crescendo's stomach had been a bit of a drama queen...again. He had only made it through 2 pies before he was completely stuffed. With nothing else to do, he just watched the others eat. He watched Pen get up and hit the door. "Oh, there's a door there..." He said, realizing he was a bit late.
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Lighten up, Pen. Just because I can out-eat you, doesn't mean you have to leave," Lizzie said. She stifled a laugh as Pen, once again, smacked into something. "You know, hitting your face repeatedly probably isn't good for you," she noted. "And yes, 'Scendo, there is indeed a door there." Congratz for noticing; you win money.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde laughed at Hate, "No sir. We're both 100% Gale. I got the wings from Mom's side of the family, he got the speed. Dad gave Hem the stature, and gave me the bulk. If you fuse us together, you would have one massive pony/tornado." He said with a smile as he turned to Cookie. "Oh, he knows that. Have you ever wondered why you find a few extra Bits lying around when it's 'on the house'? Because he loves your food, he thinks you should get paid for it, and he doesn't need very much. I once added up his expences over time; food, paint, and all. He spends less than 100 Bits a month. He has made double that on one commission before. He just wants to make people smile, so he always tips well."

Hem smiled at Navy "Aww, don't lie. Admit it, you missed me." He chuckled quietly. One odd thing about Hem (That is to say, among dozens of odd things.) he might not obey the laws of gravity on a regular basis, but he always obeyed the rules in the library. "I was coming to see if you wanted a new piece of art for the lobby. But now it seems like there are far more interesting things going on. Did your friend mention not having a bed before he fell over?" He said as he kicked the new pony lightly, "Nope, he's not dead."

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen, for his part, once again lay unconscious on the floor. Doors were solid.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hem smiled at Navy "Aww, don't lie. Admit it, you missed me." He chuckled quietly. One odd thing about Hem (That is to say, among dozens of odd things.) he might not obey the laws of gravity on a regular basis, but he always obeyed the rules in the library. "I was coming to see if you wanted a new piece of art for the lobby. But now it seems like there are far more interesting things going on. Did your friend mention not having a bed before he fell over?" He said as he kicked the new pony lightly, "Nope, he's not dead."
Navy face hooved (which was actually kind of painful, as hooves are hard), "Ugh, Locke..." she came out from behind the desk and looked down at him irritatedly, "He's... tired... And he's acting up about it I guess..." she gave him a kick, not a hard one, but much more forcefully than Hem had. She glanced at Hem, "Yeah, he's new in town... did you need something?"
BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde laughed at Hate, "No sir. We're both 100% Gale. I got the wings from Mom's side of the family, he got the speed. Dad gave Hem the stature, and gave me the bulk. If you fuse us together, you would have one massive pony/tornado." He said with a smile as he turned to Cookie. "Oh, he knows that. Have you ever wondered why you find a few extra Bits lying around when it's 'on the house'? Because he loves your food, he thinks you should get paid for it, and he doesn't need very much. I once added up his expences over time; food, paint, and all. He spends less than 100 Bits a month. He has made double that on one commission before. He just wants to make people smile, so he always tips well."
Hate nodded, slightly surprised, "Oh, ok then... that... makes sense... since you're big for a Pegasus and all that..." he said, remembering some breeding-ledgers he'd seen once on crossing different races of ponies. Not too common though... he thought, Or maybe i-tis... I notice them being called "Earth-Ponies" instead of "Earthies" now in the common speech... maybe that attitude has changed a bit... Oh well. he shrugged the thoughts off, listening to the rest of the conversation. He thought about his own money: the supply was long enough to last him about a decade if he didn't get too extravagant with it, but he'd have to find some other source of income by then... He looked up at Cookie, who he'd just met and didn't even know beyond her name and occupation. He thought of how many bits he had on him, calculating that at the prices he'd seen today he'd have plenty for her, so he spoke up, "Um... So... How much do I pay?" he asked, trying to be off-hoofed about it, even though it had become the subject of conversations and long thought processes...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

"Just coming to see if the prettiest bibliophile in Equestria was in need of anything. He said with a wink and a smile. "Though now it looks like I'll be helping my new housemate to his new house." He looked at the pony lying on the ground, attempting to think of a way to get him home without too much physical or property damage... it wasn't going too well.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Don't talk about me like that, I... I just like books... alot...." Navy murmered under her breath, her ears lowering slightly in embarasment, "It's not... that weird...." She suddenly realized what he'd said, and did a bit of a double take, "New... New housemate? Hem, I hardly know this guy, I just randomly met him in town today, you're not gonna actually move him in with you, are you?" she could picture Hem gleefully sticking Locke in his bed and Locke waking up to gleefully rob the entire house of everything valuable, and Clyde worked so hard to make money... (not that Hem didn't either, but ponies with Hem's resources can usually recover from robberies more easily...)
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

"Weird? How can you be a librarian if you are ashamed of loving to read and collect books? Every piece of known history, art, magic, and fiction is held in these walls, and you don't want to admit that you want to make it better. *tisk tisk* You really need to learn how to express yourself." Hem said, feigning a sad look, "As for our friend here: we have two guest rooms, no guests, enough food for two of Clyde, and one pony who is asleep in the middle of the library with no place to go. And if he turns out to be some kind of pony-eating monster in disguise, then I can take care of myself until Clyde decides to sit on him." He said with a wide smile.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yes..." Navy said, speaking up since he'd heard her, "But you don't have to call me a 'bibliophile' for it... that word just sounds... unclean..." she shook it off, "Anyway, I guess if you can get him out of here, it's better than him sleeping in the middle of the public library... Not sure how you're going to get him there though..."
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem smiled innocently, "I have no idea what you're talking about." He stated truthfully, "But, if you do not like it, I will stop." He looked the pony on the floor over once more. Hmm... perhaps... I could build a catapult. But then the celing would get in the way... Navy probably woudn't like the celing to be removed, there's a shower scheduled tomarrow. Pegisi are lighter than other ponies that are the same size. But they're by no means weightless. True, but he is rather thin, and I'm running on a one dozen cupcake sugar high... "I can carry him home" He said confidently.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy raised a brow, "Carry?" She glanced down at Locke: pegasi were particularly lighter than other ponies, and being carried might even wake him up... "Alright then... Go ahead and take him home... Just watch him: he's from Vaneirs: ponies from there tend to be a bit... shady..." she didn't want to rat Locke out, but she was a bit worried about what he might do to a scatterbrained pony like Neighem....
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem chuckled, "Heh, I'll be fine. Though I've never been one to stereotype someone from their home country, I'll be careful." He said with a smile. He bent down and lifted the blue pony onto his back with a grunt, "See? No problem."

Twenty minutes later, Hem wheezed through the door of his home, crawling inch by inch. ((Str:3)) "Oh, Dear Celestia! What was I thinking?!" He panted after he placed the pony in the guestroom. He trudged back down stairs and closed the door, realizing that that was the farthest quarter-mile he had ever traveled.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy watched Hem leave with the foreign pony on his back, turning to walk back to her desk when he went out of sight. At least I don't have to let a strange stallion sleep in my bed... She went back to her lunch...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen cracked an eye open a bit and looked over at the ponies still eating pie at the table. Fairly sure they weren't paying attention, the lanky Unicorn's horn flash and he teleported away. He reappeared on the front steps of his house and quickly went inside.

"Well, that was fun while it lasted," he said. Telekinetically carrying his typewriter and a stack of paper over to his desk beneath the window, he set them down and started work on a new story. Through the window he occasionally glanced up, keeping an eye on the town in case anything interesting happened or he recieved another visitor.

[Had an idea concerning Pen meeting the thief character. Could be funny.]
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie suddenly remembered something, slapping her forehead in the process. "I just remembered! My baby sister ran off a while ago; I was supposed to look for her!" She jumped out of her seat and hurriedly waved goodbye. "I'll see you guys later!"

She swiftly trotted out of the shop and took to the skies; tearing through the air as fast as she could. Lizzie decided to start at home. Hopefully Starry had already returned.

{It's funny...I forgot about this RP :?]
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[*puts hands on hips and wags finger* Gaaame! *laugh track plays]
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem caught his breath as he began painting, Now then... What is there to see about our new housemate. He thought as he started the first strokes. What were the things that stuck out about him? A scar, perhaps he was a warrior? Two bracers on his legs, though the legs they were on were unusual. And finally, his Mark. A mask. He may have been a thespian at one time. The visable aspects were obvious, but what did Hem's subconcious see? He stopped painting and stepped back. He was suprised to see two ponies instead of one. On the left was, what looked like a pony with the spines, eyes, and wings of a dragon, sitting on top of a pile of coins and gems with a cityscape in the background with a drk smile on his face. On the right was the same pony, though without the draconic features, sitting on a small patch of grass, looking away from the other pony. There was no background around the second pony, which puzzled Hem, Perhaps I'm not finished? he thought. But try as he might, he couldn't envision any background for him. I see. There is no background because there is nothing to put there. Yet. Hem removed the canvas from the frame and rolled it up after it dried. He opened his secret compartment beneath a bust he had made and slid the painting in. This is something for him, and him alone. Until he wakes up though, I'm going cloud-walking. he though as he jotted down a little note for the new pony, in case he woke up before Hem got home. He went to the roof and looked back and forth, before finding a cloud low enough to hop onto. He jumped for it and began humming happily as he bounced from cloud to cloud.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate nodded, slightly surprised, "Oh, ok then... that... makes sense... since you're big for a Pegasus and all that..." he said, remembering some breeding-ledgers he'd seen once on crossing different races of ponies. Not too common though... he thought, Or maybe i-tis... I notice them being called "Earth-Ponies" instead of "Earthies" now in the common speech... maybe that attitude has changed a bit... Oh well. he shrugged the thoughts off, listening to the rest of the conversation. He thought about his own money: the supply was long enough to last him about a decade if he didn't get too extravagant with it, but he'd have to find some other source of income by then... He looked up at Cookie, who he'd just met and didn't even know beyond her name and occupation. He thought of how many bits he had on him, calculating that at the prices he'd seen today he'd have plenty for her, so he spoke up, "Um... So... How much do I pay?" he asked, trying to be off-hoofed about it, even though it had become the subject of conversations and long thought processes...
Cookie stifled a giggle by turning it into a friendly smile. "Nothing, silly. This is on me--as long as it's not actually ON me, THEN I might charge you for it."

She winked to show she was kidding.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate immediately thought of using Cookie's head as a table for his food and pondered that image for a while.

She'd make a good table, especially with a nice satin tablecloth...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset seemed to be paying attention to them, but her gaze drifted off little by little to the window. She looked back at everypony, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She said with an innocent smile.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke awoke in the strange house. He was a bit groggy waking up. His left eye remained closed while he opened the other. He quickly noticed he wasn't at the library anymore. For a second he thought he was in prison, but the place was way to homey for that. He noticed the painting next to him. He glanced over both images. Me? Why are there pictures of me? He looked at the dragon picture. Power, wealth, and corruption. He grinned. Oh the future I was so close to achieving. I'll get a second chance. He looked back over the second image. It perplexed him. It struck a calm nerve in him. This... is me too? I seem so peaceful and innocent. I don't get it. He didn't understand the second one. Why is there no background? Why is his peaceful self surrounded by a void of nothing?

Locke couldn't get his head around it. He decided to stop thinking about it and figure out where he was. He walked around the house with his left eyes still closed. He saw another painting of a large Pegasus and a smaller earth pony. He noticed one of them had black fur. He then realized he was in the house of the black Pegasus that came to the library. He was lucky to still have that memory considering he slept immediately after. New house hmm? What do I do? RAID THE FOOD!. Locke finally woke up his whole body and rushed to where he found the Pantry. There was plenty of food for him. He began eating to his hearts content with ought care for the pony that owned the place.
Last edited by exranio on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem continued hopping from cloud to cloud, chuckling with each jump. He was about to make his next jump, when he heard someone crying softly. He stopped and listened closer. The sound was comming from a few clouds below him. He hopped down until he was just above the sound, then he looked over the side of the cloud to see a small pegasus sitting on the cloud beneath him, sniffing and wiping her eyes. Hem placed his chin on his hoof and smiled warmly, "Hello? Now what in Equestria could make a little pony like you so down? Did you accidentally eat your homework? That happened to me five... no... six times when I was growing up." He said with a chuckle, knowing full well it was true.

Clyde bumped Hate lightly, "I know that look. Hem has had that look three times a day since the day he opened his eyes." He chuckled before turning to Sunset. "You did seem a bit lost in thought while Neghem was here. Did you see the painting he made?" He asked with a smile.

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen put the finishing touches on the first chapter of the story he had started, and then backed away from the table with a satisfied sigh. On the desk sat a nice 22-page thick stack, a good enough start for now.

"Now then, what to do with myse-" Pen glanced out the window and noticed Lizzie tearing through the sky. "Well, she'll do I guess." Grabbing his saddlebags of...stuff, from off the couch, Pen slipped them on and then left the house.

"Hey Lizzie, wait!" he yelled as he began trotting after her.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy trotted happily down the street, on another break from her books and book-bookings. She was just rounding another corner when.
WHAM!
She ran straight into Penwright, sending them both flying to the ground...
Navy groaned, pulling herself back to her feet and shaking herself off, "UGH! Would you look where you're going you-" she immediately straightened up, suddenly realizing that she'd run into him. "Oh! Uh... Hi Penwright!" her teeth were slightly clenched, as well as her legs, and she was trying to hold back a mild blush.

Clop. My. Life.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwright shook his head to clear away the pies circling it, and then looked over at who had spoken. His eyes lit up and he smiled when he saw who it was.

"Oh, Navy! Nice to see you!" He climbed to his hooves and let off a sheepish chuckle. "Uh, sorry for running into you like that. I'm having a rather bad day with that today." Thoughts of Lizzie disappeared completely from his mind. "So uh, what are you up to?"

[OOC: A crush, Rockstar? Oh you are a genius.]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CLOP! CLOP! CLOP! HE'S TALKING TO ME! Uh... Play it off natural!
"Eh heh heh... Not much... you know?" she kicked the ground a bit with her hoof, managing to stop blushing, "Yeah, just... doing some research on Shade Manor and all that and taking a bit of a break to... you know... do pony things and all that..." SHUT UP. Why did you just tell him that?
She let out another nervous, "Heh, heh..." and continued, "So how are things with you?"
naylorfan90 wrote:[OOC: A crush, Rockstar? Oh you are a genius.]
Heh, it's not exactly a crush... Though it makes just as much sense... I've been planning this one for a while...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen shrugged and began trotting down the path, motioning with his head for Navy to follow. "Oh, things are fine. Got into a pie-eating contest earlier, felt sick for a while, but I'm better now. Was...doing something, then I ran into you."

He smiled at her over his shoulder. "But Shade Manor you say? Cool. I've been in there a couple times when needing a fitting atmosphere for my writing."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie raced over Pen's head, only to stop herself a flutter backwards. She was going to call to him-- but his attention was taken by a different mare. Who was it again? The librarian...uh...Seal? Teal? Blue?

"Navy!" she said triumphantly. Anyhow, Pen was talking to Navy, and by the looks of it had forgotten about chasing after his pegasus friend. Lizzie decided to have mixed feelings about that later. For now, she waved down happily at the two before flying away again.

Starry looked upwards, gasping. She hadn't expected anyone to find her. "N-no...I didn't eat my homework," she giggled through her tears. "I...I'm just too little for everything!" she sniffled again.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

"Too little for everything?" Hem said as he stomped on the edge of the cloud he was on, causing it, and himself, to flip upside-down, "That's odd. I would have thought a philly that was 'Too little for everything' would be standing with their hooves on the ground, or at the very least in a tall tree." He looked up at the ground, "I'd say this cloud here is at least a good thirty hooves up. He looked back and smiled. "It's actually possable to be too big for things, you know. Just ask my brother, he was so big, he couldn't fly until a few years ago. Imagine being in his horseshoes." He laughed.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Starry looked down. She paused; that was actually a really good point. She was high up. "Yeah, well, my brother's a-a Wonderbolt...I gotta know how to fly...That doesn't count," she said, abasing herself. "I can't even fly fast-- not like you. Did you see how easily you were cloud-hopping?"

At the mention of a large brother, Starry tilted her head to the side. "Whoa!" she was impressed! Even though being too large for something, size-wise, and being to big for something, age-wise, were very different things, she decided to look at them like they were the same. "Why's he so big?" Starry asked, a small hint of awe in her tone.
Last edited by The Game on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Hem laughed "I'm fast because my Mom is a Pegasis Pony, with wings like yours. And my brother Clyde is big because because my Dad is an Earth Pony, so he's big and strong. He stepped down so he stood on the smaller ponies' cloud. "It's impressive that your brother is a Wonderbolt. But you know what? At one time, he was the same size you are now. Best guess? I'd say he practiced and practiced, day in and day out, to get where he is. That's what Clyde did. When Clyde first started flying, he could get more height by stepping off of a stair than by flying. And now, he could fly to Cloudsdale if he wanted to."

exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke stopped eating. His stomach was now contempt with itself. Now on to the important business, Stealing!. Locke quickly made his way through the whole house. He found nothing of any real value. Not unless he was willing to steal furniture, but he wasn't prepared for that. He checked the basement. Thousands and thousands of paintings lie there. All were nothing to him. Except for one. It was a large painting of a powerful strong dragon. He stared at it. Money, power, and the grandeur of being a dragon. "Drake's Heart." a whisper slipped from his lips. Drake's Heart was the crystal he was after before being captured. Except it wasn't one crystal it was split into several shards. It was much more than a crystal of course. The power of an ancient ruler of Vaniers was concealed in it. That's what he was after. Starting that quest over again would be a real pain though, but worth it.
(OOC: Sorry I enjoy adventure and all that. I do hope some of you will be willing to get involved. It can be dropped if no one likes it)

Locke shook his head. It wasn't time for day dreaming. He had to get himself started back up again. He made his way up to the bedroom. He looked around the room. He found a small box under the bed. Not the jackpot he was hoping for, but 100 bits was a nice sum of money to find in a box. He snatched it all and stuffed it behind his left wing. Behind the wing was always a hiding spot a Pegasus could count on.
The Game

Post by The Game »

The philly looked up at the stranger. "Really? He can fly all the way to Cloudsdale?" Starry's eyes went up higher as she tried to see the city in the sky. "But it's so high up. My brother said he could fly all the way up there when he was eight. I'm ten and I still can't." She huffed in a resigned way. "Even if I did practice I'm still two years behind. My parents are just boring old Pegasus...es; I don't have strong Earth-pony genes. I'm just...this." She lifted her hooves and gestured to herself. "Little, slow-poke Starry." Starry sniffled again. "What's your name?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Make fun of Starry for being a BLANK FLANK! ))
naylorfan90 wrote:Pen shrugged and began trotting down the path, motioning with his head for Navy to follow. "Oh, things are fine. Got into a pie-eating contest earlier, felt sick for a while, but I'm better now. Was...doing something, then I ran into you."

He smiled at her over his shoulder. "But Shade Manor you say? Cool. I've been in there a couple times when needing a fitting atmosphere for my writing."
"Oh, err... Really?" she wondered a bit how he'd gotten in to a building with some serious physical and magical defenses... Perhaps he meant outside, or the cellar? She was a bit busy with other thoughts though, "So, uh... how is your writing going?" she asked, interested in the work of somepony who actually created books...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"My writing's going just fine, thank you!" Pen made a turn down a seemingly random road and continued on, trusting his companion to follow him. "Today I just started a new story, it came to me in a dream while I was collapsed on the floor of the pie shop after running into a door again. it's about a mysterious thief coming to a normal town in search of items of power, and only the brave...and handsome! writer main character can gather friends and stop him."

Pen chuckled at this last bit and looked up at the sky. Up there somewhere, he thought he could make out a couple ponies on a cloud. "I hope my readers will forgive a bit of...self-indulgence with that last bit. But who doesn't want to be a hero, ri-"

Having still been looking up at the clouds, it came as no surprise to the random ponies walking the streets when Pen walked face-first into a wall.