Fancharacters

Discuss the comic here
Raikoo

Fancharacters

Post by Raikoo »

Everything with a fanbase has fancharacters, so I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been made a topic yet. I just hope that Rick's the type to be flattered by fans making characters for the universe that is Housepets. Well here goes nothing. I just hope I don't make anyone mad.

Caffine
A tan furred cat with a black stripe of fur going over her eyes, similer to a raccoon's 'mask' but curving up to her ears. The tag on her collar is shaped like a 2-Liter bottle of soda. She's a hyper, essentric, semi-paranoid, conspiracy nut. Her views on certain things are quite radical, and she's very outspoken for inter-species relationships. Despite her quirks, she's very caring and loyal to her friends and family.

One of my favorite images of her is her doing a one pet protest rally in front of some park or another that's put in enforcement a strict leash code or some such, carrying a sign with a smiley face heart while chanting, 'Down with the bars. Open the doors. Forget species differences, let's all have some s'mores!' I should put in commisions of her or something.. c.c
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
Ebly

Re: Fancharacters

Post by Ebly »

To be honest, I'm actually surprised that this topic has been made. I really didn't think of it. xD

But I'm not against it, it's good to have. owo

xD
Caffeine~
Tastyyyy~
owo
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

... conspiracy nut ftw lrlz
... ill have to think of mine then...
yes... ive been gone a while.... yes its cuz of LK....
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Come to think of it, I'm afraid that I don't have any fan characters for housepets, myself. But who knows, I might just create one.

...maybe later.

Boysenberry, or something. owo
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Yes, Caffeine is great. I can just picture her getting into all sorts of hijinks and snapping peoples' minds with the crazy theories involving the vampiric broccoli mutants that control every major thing in the world, including their humans, without them even knowing it. Vampire broccoli.. I knew there was a reason those vegtables were evil.

I can't wait to see what other people come up with, heh.

Image Image Image
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

k sooo here we go after thinking bout this all day.....

Kori (black cat...)

he is pretty chill and will stand around all day and do nothing if it suits him kinda liek the cats in the strip from july 9th The Great Outdoors. he has no issues with any one unless provoked which rarely happens because he is such a chill and reckless person... When suited/bored he luves to cause troulbe and wreak havok on every one. he will push the envelope on almost every thing that suits him. then instead of having some kind of item on his collar he will wear a pair of gold rimmed reflective avaitors and will be found wearing them most of the day....

..... took a while to think of that but there u guyz go Kori the black cat...and a good chunk of that though is what i act like for the most part and yes i do have those aviators and i wear them alot....
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Yeah... My mind is dead right now I can't think of anything hah...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

JakJak wrote:Yeah... My mind is dead right now I can't think of anything hah...
oh god xD

at first I read that as 'mine is dead right now'
and I had two thoughts at the same time:

"UNDEAD HOUSEPET?"
and
"HOUSEPET KILLER?"

both followed by, of course, ;A;.
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Heh..
Caffeine: Silly zombiepet, it's not halloween anymore, you can take the costume off.

Zombiepet: It's not a costume...

Caffeine: Oh. *twitch, runs*

Image Image Image
falconthefox

Post by falconthefox »

How about:
A goofy Great Dane who thinks he/she is a squirrel...the only name I had for him/her was Nutz

Don't hurt me...
"errrr...was that suppose to happen?"
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

I approve of Nutz. Gives someone for Caffeine to hang out with. The crazies got to stick together after all. >D

Image Image Image
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

actgually they would go perfectly wif each other...
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Maybe. I could picture Caffiene totally believing Nutz's story. after all the vampiric broccoli mutants are responsible for more bizzare schemes.

Image Image Image
falconthefox

Post by falconthefox »

lol! :lol:
"errrr...was that suppose to happen?"
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

And besides that, nuts go well with coffee. o:
Like peanut butter and grape jelly!
o3o
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Heh nuts goes well with anything caffeinated, coffee, soda, bread (Yes there is such a thing as caffeinated bread, the absurdity of it all). I feel I should do a back story for Caffeine and explaing the reason why she isn't allowed to have any more hyper caffiene-injected catnip soda.

Image Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

And here I thought that should be a rule of thumb. x'D
Housepet drugs? Oh god.
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

As if you wouldn't want to see Grape playing with a catnip mouse. Come on. >D

Image Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sure, but...
I'unno.
It's just that I could so see them in an airport trying to pass off catnip as THC or something so they won't get in trouble for it. C'x
Odos

Post by Odos »

(watch out, long post, real wordy!)

Ohhhh... I have 5... well, not really, they're actually characters I plan to use in a comic of my own once I get past the road block that is "How the heck am I going to do that?"

Ok, I lied, there's 6...

You may just skip the stuff between the lines, but you'll be missing out on a BUNCH of stuff... I have a "short version."

--------------------------------------------------------
First there's Anabelle oliphants, Belle for short, The giant skunk: De-glanded, she stands at just about grape and peanuts height. She has a bit of a wild attitude, but knows when the time calls to be serious. Always exploring, climbing trees and getting into trouble. She's agile and quick on her feet when, but also doesn't run too fast. She has no real means of defense other then her bite, and fists (being De-glanded, and slow to run, she's kinda screwed when it comes to "getting away")... OH, and Odos, her personal "guard-dog."

Odahai oliphants (AKA Odos) is a Wolf/black lab mix, which makes him BIG... he is HUGE when it comes to size, and just as strong as he looks. He's got the strength of a human, nearly the size of a human (probably standing about 5'6", so I guess he could be just as, if not bigger, of course, while standing on his hind legs). He's also kinda of quite, passive, keeps the piece though any means that doesn't require violence, and he also follows Belle wherever she goes, making them a very "Yin/Yang" couple. He says he isn't afraid of anything, but someone this perfect, though, always has a catch somewhere. When Odos says he's not afraid of anything, this is the lie he's telling. Odos has known Belle for a LONG time, and has grown attached to their friendship, so much so that those who threaten Belle, and catch a glimpse at Odos, it's usually enough to make them back down. Truthfully, Odos is afraid of himself, his other self, the one where Belle isn't around. See, without Belle, he goes berserk. Discrimination out the door, good or evil, he just does whatever he can to get back to Belle (or in the case of unconscious Belle, he heads straight for her attacker.) It's usually a good time to run from him at this point because he won't stop, he won't feel pain, and he won't go down until Belle is back. When they finally do get back together, he does one of two things. A: Either falls unconscious himself for a good day, or B: If he REALLY hurt anyone or anything, he curls into a ball, afraid and ashamed of what he actually did. It's usually better on both Belle and Odos that "A" happens... it takes him a while to get out of his little funk if it comes to "B." The berserk state is True Odos because that's what he's like without his Anchor, Belle, He's always been that way since being a Pup, and it's nearly gotten him killed plenty of times.

Then there's Stubs, he's a stray, Ally-cat that loves people. His real name (so he says) is Malcom Tracy, but most call him stubs on account of his missing two fingers on his right paw... leaving only stubs where they were (he has his thumb and pointer). He has GREAT hearing, good speed, but his REAL perk is the fact that he's always happy, always smiling, and wants to spread that around at all times. It's almost an aura of happiness, and it's hard for people to stay sad, mad, or otherwise in a rut with him around. He's a tad goofy also. There's also a problem, His little "aura" thing is effected by his mood, if he's sad, so are the ones around him, if he's mad, or otherwise in a funk himself, blah blah blah... He knows this little thing, and as such, sticks to his happy dememner, even when he would otherwise feel differently about something. One of the things he loves to say is "Why should I be sad? I have nothing at ALL, which means things can only get better.) He's a little shorter then Bino, and has black "patches" over his left eye and ear, left elbow, right forearm, one large one on his back, right knea, left right ankle, left foot, Otherwise, he's got white fur. (I'd love to see him meet Peanut for the first time, knowing what peanut thinks of ANOTHER "Cat" with a spot on his eye.)

There's also Ozwald Johnson, He's a fairly small dog (about the size of peanut) with golden fur, looking very much like a small, thin Golden Lab. He also thinks that he's a true "stud," and that EVERYONE loves him (they don't, but he doesn't know that... or, rather, refuses to know that)... which makes him kind of arrogant. He thinks he could take on anyone, and get anyone, and that everyone either loves him, or wants to be him, and if someone proclaims anything, he shrugs it off as a LOT of things that just make him look better ("Ehn, he's just jealous" "she's playin' hard to get." etc, etc). When asked about his muscular state, he always says he's Wiry. He truly doesn't know what that means, he's just heard it from a movie his dad watches.

Finally, there's Danny... She doesn't really fit into the whole "Housepets" theme though, because in my mind, she's just as tall as Stubs... which doesn't make sense since she's a mouse. Danny is a total geek, and also "cool" person... which means that she would definently go to your DnD games and play tons of computer games and video games... OR go skateboarding, and play in your band as lead guitarist (she rips the thing up). White, pink eyes, all that jazz.

OH OH! Just thought of an owner for Odos and Belle. Her name is Maria oliphants, and she is a scientist... a very happy, peppy, mad scientist type person. She's the kind of person where the basement is always kept locked and no one can come in, working with chemicals, working on formulas. She stands at just about the same hight as Odos and has him help her move heavy things like couches and stuff. Naturally blue hair kept in a ponytail (ok, so it's not naturally blue, she changed it with a potion type chemical thing so that it would match her vibrantly blue eyes... which aren't natural either... actually, her hair and eyes seem to change daily...) She's the reason why Belle is so big actually, Skunk + Growth serum = one really big skunk. Again, not really that much by way of Mad Scientist (much more prone to laugh meniacly at Cooking things in the microwave, then to actually do so with a concoction of some sort... Or do said laugh when she mixes a margarita.) She's also a bit of an Techno Gremlin, it seems that everything electronic that she touches just sputters and dies... minus her iPod and radio she keeps downstairs... so she makes notes of everything she does by hand and keeps them safe in a VERY heavy safe (Her combined strength with Odos isn't enough to lift it... and she's acid proved it and done everything she can to keep everything that's in there, in there...)
-------------------------------------------------

Here's a shorter version for those that didn't read between the lines

Anabelle oliphants: "Belle": Giant skunk
Odahai oliphants : "Odos": Wolf/Black lab mix
Maria oliphants : "Silly Girl": Fun, Weird Scientist. owns Odos and Belle
Malcom Tracy: "Stubs": Always happy stray cat. Missing fingers on his right hand
Ozwald Johnson: "Like": Arrogant dog that thinks he's all that... he isn't.
Danica Freemond: "Danny": Off-Geek geek mouse that's as big as stubs... which doesn't really fit in the "housepets" universe.

Sorry for the wall of text and everything... I tend to do this a LOT... so you always know when I post =P.
Last edited by Odos on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerkai

Post by Zerkai »

Now, once I had read this thread, I knew I had to make a fancharacter, so I currently am, based heavily off my pet kitten. I've got the head done... the hardest part's over (There was alot of little details to put in since she's a calico cat)
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

-giggles-
I find it funny how the description for the 'true' Odos was longer than the description for his actual character.
But maybe I'm just weird like that, y'know? ;3
Odos

Post by Odos »

really, I don't like trying to describe Odos in general... he is, by far, my most thought out character, so I've got a LOT to say about him... meaning that in forums like this, he's pretty much a wall of text...

I have to describe what he's like when he's calm and everything, and then what he's like when he's berserk... And I don't really like how I did it here, kinda sounds cheesy, but I don't really know much of any other way...
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

. . . W O W. . . ne waiz u shure do type alot...... srsly and just wow... five chars... .....

. . . ne waiz again yeh tho good job lrlz
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Odos wrote:really, I don't like trying to describe Odos in general... he is, by far, my most thought out character, so I've got a LOT to say about him... meaning that in forums like this, he's pretty much a wall of text...

I have to describe what he's like when he's calm and everything, and then what he's like when he's berserk... And I don't really like how I did it here, kinda sounds cheesy, but I don't really know much of any other way...
It does seem difficult, but really, it's as simple as mentioning both as distinct sides of the same person instead of actually giving it a 'proper title' and making it somewhat of an official, separate entity.

...In fact it's as easy as deleting "True Odos:" and one of the returns. And pretty much every mention in the paragraph of "True Odos" could be replaced with "Odos' other side", because that's pretty much what it is, right? c:

Finicky details, sure, but it prevents me teasing you about them. ;D
Odos

Post by Odos »

I think I'll do it that way, This is the first (of two times really) that I've done it this way, and I don't like it...
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

I really should put more work into Caffeine, like her owner, and over-worked under-payed fella that does all he can to make sure Caffeine's happy. Perhaps given Caffeine's stance on the species barrier as far as love's concerned, I could reveal her deep dark shameful secret love that not even she dares mention to anyone except to the empty wind on a dark and lonely night for fear of what might happen, not so much to her, but to him. Curious anyone?

Image Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Raikoo wrote:I really should put more work into Caffeine, like her owner, and over-worked under-payed fella that does all he can to make sure Caffeine's happy. Perhaps given Caffeine's stance on the species barrier as far as love's concerned, I could reveal her deep dark shameful secret love that not even she dares mention to anyone except to the empty wind on a dark and lonely night for fear of what might happen, not so much to her, but to him. Curious anyone?
Wahaha. With a like line like that, you better. >3

That should be a trope by now come to think of it. owo
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Here's a thought; there's so many fan characters. Maybe there should be a roleplay topic. x'D Wahaha. But would that be the comic or not the comic? o:
Big Brother

Post by Big Brother »

There should be: a roleplay board, a newbie board, a comic discussion board, a story board (for people who write and would like others to read and complement it. Not roleplay.), a drawing board (For fan art and other art.), and a news board. I could think of others, just not right now.

Sorry if I seem too demanding or pushy. :cry:
Big Brother is here to comfort you. ;3 Check my DA: http://www.yourbigbrother.deviantart.com/
Krista

Post by Krista »

Oh, not at all, Big Brother. They're all good ideas.

It'd probably be a good idea to have a thread or board for uploading fanart and whatnot, and a story board too. roleplaying threads often attract a ton of attention too, but typically they put the board's rules to quite the test...

I'd love to see a roleplay topic, though. x3
It's amazing what one can do with a single color pencil...
Visit my dA sometime~
Big Brother

Post by Big Brother »

Krista wrote:Oh, not at all, Big Brother. They're all good ideas.

It'd probably be a good idea to have a thread or board for uploading fanart and whatnot, and a story board too. roleplaying threads often attract a ton of attention too, but typically they put the board's rules to quite the test...

I would, too. And it's true about the whole rule thing. People get close to the line with the rules. I'd love to be a GM for once. :) I've been on some forums but I seem to be the one giving the GMs and Administrators some of the ideas. It'd be pretty cool.
Big Brother is here to comfort you. ;3 Check my DA: http://www.yourbigbrother.deviantart.com/
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Ah roleplaying, my luv, my life. Curse ye and your addictive ways. Er I mean.. Yeah I agree, there should be an RP board and such, as well as a newbie board, discussion board, story/fanfiction board, ect. To answer Ebly I suppose maybe Comic-related RP would go in the comic section and non comic related rp would go into the not the comic section? Heh would be funny if even Rick got in on it, though I'm sure he'd be far too busy.

Oh, and Caffeine's secret love is... her owner. But shhh, don't tell anyone lest civilization crumble and the vampiric broccoli mutants destory the world out of anger.

Image Image Image
Odos

Post by Odos »

I don't think a roleplay forum would be all that bad. I've seen it done right (lackadaisy cats), you just gotta set some rules, and enforce them. Have the people warn ahead of time what's going to be in the thread (Mature/adult, mild language, heavy language, etc. etc.) and you should be fine.

But when I saw this thread, I instantly sat there and thought "OH, Here's my character in hopes of a cameo!" kind of deal (heck, I guess that's KIND OF why I originally posted, I guess)... But I can RP some I guess.
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Cameos are always a good thing, yes? It was great to see your characters along with every one elses Odos.

Image Image Image
Odos

Post by Odos »

true and true... I'm sure everyone who reads any comics sit down and think to themselves "what would my character be," These kinds of threads are here to basically write down and flesh out the character. See if they're good or not, find out if he's too perfect, or too flawed, all that good thing.

OH, I almost forgot, Odos IS color blind, Truly color blind (as apposed to just "most colors" like most dogs), everythings grayscale...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Big Brother wrote:
Krista wrote:Oh, not at all, Big Brother. They're all good ideas.

I would, too. And it's true about the whole rule thing. People get close to the line with the rules. I'd love to be a GM for once. :) I've been on some forums but I seem to be the one giving the GMs and Administrators some of the ideas. It'd be pretty cool.
Though, this forum is still mostly under construction, right? So maybe all those boards are kind of a bit of a stretch at this point. In the mean time, it would be awesome to see story and artwork and other creative pursuits in topic form. We already have a topic for music in Not The Comic, after all. c:

As for rules... well, the only rule so far is to not be a complete jerk and do things that would obviously not be good things to do.

Raikoo:
That would probably be a good way to do it. I just wasn't sure... even if it was housepets-world, it's not really housepets characters (fancharacters, but I don't know, it seemed a bit of a stretch)...
But still. Not up to me, because chances are I wouldn't use the topic anyway. x'D
Caffeine is cute by the way. x'3 Wahaha. I'd probably end up doing the same thing as her if I were a pet, to be honest. >w>
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Heh Caffeine is just all sorts of crack. As I picture her at one of her rallies.

Caffeine: Listen to me my commrades, for too long have we believed in the poisons fed into the minds of pets and humans alike by those evil, caniving broccoli vampire mutants and their overlord Pherik!

Gathered Pets: *stands around murmuring to one another confused*

Caffeine: If we are to ever overthrow them we must drop the boundries between species and unite as one! Here to help things, I want everyone to give a kiss to the nearest one that sin't of your species.

Caffeine's owner: *walks in to have Caffeine, with her eyes closed, reach out and tug him down for a smooch, gathered pets naturally start freaking out as she goes to face them, unaware of what she had done*

Caffeine: See? That wasn't so bad.

Caffeine's owner: Uh.... i just came here to let you know dinner's ready.. No more sardine and pickle sandwiches for you by the by.

Heh sorry, when it gets late for me my brain comes up with the oddest things. >D

Image Image Image
Zerkai

Post by Zerkai »

I'm still working on my character's art... I'm using inkscape to do it but the fur is quite a bit harder then i thought it'd be ^^;. I think a RP section could be interesting. I usually RP in Devart and have for three years :D. We should have two seperate sub sections though if this plan does go through. Serious RPs, and random/funny nonsense RPs.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Raikoo wrote:Heh Caffeine is just all sorts of crack. As I picture her at one of her rallies.

Caffeine: Listen to me my commrades, for too long have we believed in the poisons fed into the minds of pets and humans alike by those evil, caniving broccoli vampire mutants and their overlord Pherik!

Gathered Pets: *stands around murmuring to one another confused*

Caffeine: If we are to ever overthrow them we must drop the boundries between species and unite as one! Here to help things, I want everyone to give a kiss to the nearest one that sin't of your species.

Caffeine's owner: *walks in to have Caffeine, with her eyes closed, reach out and tug him down for a smooch, gathered pets naturally start freaking out as she goes to face them, unaware of what she had done*

Caffeine: See? That wasn't so bad.

Caffeine's owner: Uh.... i just came here to let you know dinner's ready.. No more sardine and pickle sandwiches for you by the by.

Heh sorry, when it gets late for me my brain comes up with the oddest things. >D
I thought caffeine was caffeine, not crack.
What kind of street names do people come up with nowadays!? x'3

Reading that kind of makes me want to create an evil broccoli vampire mutant overlord character named Pherik. He would be green.