HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Revius

Re: HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

Post by Revius »

:o :shock: That was awsome!!! I should have made popcorn.
Last edited by Revius on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to love and tolerate you so hard 20 years from now your descendants will clutch their chests and wonder why they feel so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden." -Anonymous

Bad speller's of the world UNTIE!!!
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

Of COURSE there was spinning involved, this is Spot(Superdog), after all. :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

you know me too well ;)
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

ACK! I got way behind!

There's no way I can adequately comment on everything that happened since I last posted here, but I will say that I loved it all.

Episode 19 was amazing. All that buildup really payed off. I can't wait for the season finale. I'm probably going to go back and reread the series once you complete Ep. 20, just to make sure I remember everything that's happened.
valerio

Post by valerio »

HOUSEPETS: THE SERIES
SEASON I - Finale
Episode 20: All good things must come to an end, All good pets must move on…
Written by VALERIO (Later Revised by OBBL)

Excerpt from the blog Simon Says

We open the day with decidedly unpleasant news for the pet residents of Babylon Gardens: Yesterday night, at 04:41, Foster Mansion, home of the richest human resident of the neighborhood as well as known animal philanthropist, exploded due to a gas leak. The blast pulverized the building and damaged the windows of the nearby houses of Overview Grove. The Whiteman House curse strikes again, folks!
The good news is, there were no victims: the Foster pets, alerted by the smell, dragged their human out of the house right on time. That’s L-O-V-E for you, animal haters!
Another fact worth mentioning: the gas leakage alerted several pets who were either sleeping with their windows down or just outside: and so Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Sandwich, Maxwell Costner, Tiger Arbelt, King Welshman and the Milton wolves’ cubs – all of them ran to offer their help… although they only got bruises and cuts from the blast. Sorry, folks, nice try but you’re still the heroes.
As I write, the Milton ferrets’ estate is filing a civil suit against the construction company that had managed the reconstruction of the former Whiteman property. According to a statement by Keene Milton, the requested amount should be enough to reconstruct at least three times the destroyed property.
Currently, Martin Foster and the heroic pets are under observation at the Haichiko Mercy. Their conditions aren’t cause for concern…

---
As an open structure for both animals and human, the H.M. had rooms specially designed to hospitalize both.
Luckily for Martin Foster and his four pets. They needed a triple-sized room. The two white pets, Mizar and Alcor, lay at the left side of the human’s bed. Antares and Aldebaran on the right.
All pets were bandaged up halfway to being mummies. Martin hadn’t the courage to look at them in the eye. “I’m sorry, children. I-it was my fault for involving you all in this mess.” The man took Alcor’s paw in his hand. “Could you ever forgive this stupid human, who has caused you so much harm over a guilty conscience?”
Once they all had been treated and cared for, and the doctors had left them alone, Martin had confessed every single aspect of his past, his mistakes and what his decisions had caused... If keeping it a secret had caused all these problems, then no more. He could stand anything, but not to be the cause of more suffering, especially, for his family.
And they had listened, in silence, showing no emotion. When he finished, Alcor said, “I understand you were ashamed to speak out, Dad... but the fact remains that you are really stupid.”
“I...”
“Did you really think we’d hate you or reject you?” said Mizar. “Dad, you were a kid. You lived in terrible conditions, you were afraid. You were lucky to get out of there alive, you couldn’t be the ‘man of the house’!”
“And what could you do, after all?” Antares said, taking the other hand of his human. Like his brother, he too proudly showed his bandages from the recent battle. “Bring your brother, and three animals with you, without a job, without money and without a house?”
“It would only end badly,” said Aldebaran. “We’ve seen so many poor families in our country, reduced to wandering in terrible conditions. Bad end it is, pohanyy̆ kinets’, ta. Bringing them with you, now that would’ve been a bad decision.”
Mizar moved so that Alcor could crawl near the human and then kneel. He gently stroked Martin’s face. “Enough with the guilt, Dad. We are here and we’ll be always here for you, like you’ve always been there for us.”
Antares too came over and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. “We’ll protect you, as you protect us. Like a real family should.”
Mizar nodded. “If there’s one thing life has taught you, it’s to be a better man. And what you do is wonderful. Don’t apologize to us, or anyone, for what you did. Apologize to yourself and bury your dead.”
Martin allowed himself to be comforted in a group hug. “I promise that I will. I promise you, my children...”
“Psychodrama aside,” said Alcor, breaking the hug, “Where we’re going to live now?”
“Ah, the ferrets had agreed to rent us a place in case of emergency. We’ll be a bit cramped, but it will serve us well until Foster Mansion 2.0 is built.”
“Cool!” the black twins said in unison. “And where is this new house?”
---
Sternfeld house, Overview Grove

“I feel like… a disturbance,” said Matt Sternfeld.
It was bad enough already that that ex-police dog, Hercule, was literally keeping guard over him until he had done all of his homework. But now, he felt as if a threat of cosmic levels was descending upon him…
“Don’t get distracted, young master,” said the Dutch Shepherd, briefly moving his eyes from his book, a copy of a Melissa Cleary novel. “You still have geography and literature to work on.”
Matt sighed and headdesked. He hated his life!
---
“They’ll be our neighbors?” said Peanut and Grape, at the same time.
Jill and Earl Sandwich, each sitting next to one of their pets, nodded.
“This time, we’ll throw him a wonderful welcome party,” said Peanut, tail wagging frantically. He and Grape were among the lucky ones. Apart from some cuts and abrasions, they were left virtually unscathed by the disaster.
Jill kissed Grape’s forehead. “Count on it. What a shame, though, such a beautiful house.”
Earl stood up. “Now, dear. Enough with our meddling. Let our young heroes rest. Alone,” he added winking at the pet couple. “They are married, after all.”
Grape’s white muzzle fur turned a bright crimson. “Da-a-D! And you too, stop it!” she added to Peanut, who was giggling madly, he too a nice shade of red.
Jill followed her husband out of the room. Before closing the door, she said, “And enough with this ‘hero’ thing, you two. I mean it.” Although she couldn’t hide her pride.
When they were alone, Grape lay down again against the pillows. “She’s right. This is the second time you’ve been hospitalized in such a short time, and the third you’ve been wounded, including what I… did at Uncle Reuben’s. Peanut, we must take it easier. I mean it. Enough with adventures. There’s Fido for that.”
The dog hugged her, and kissed her on the tip of the nose. “Promise. I just want to cuddle with you under our tree, and eat ice cream and watch the sky until it is evening, and then watch TV and play a lot of video games, and–”
Grape interrupted him by putting her finger on his lips. “Looks like you’ve learned your lesson, Nutty.”
Peanut kissed her again, this time on her lips, even if briefly. “Jellybelly?”
“Hmm... what is it?”
“I feel so confused, as if everything… was fading away. I mean, about King…”
Grape shook her head. “Let’s just leave it at that, love. I am glad to know that the curse of Whiteman House is over, no more ghosts, no more humans wanting to separate us. Just our life together. For all I care, King was and is Fox’s best friend and it’s their life, not ours. We’re not here to solve problems.”
“Okay.” Peanut did his best to huddle into a ball so that his kitty could wrap him completely in her arms. She moved her tail to allow him to hold it and stroke it. Peanut loved soft things, her tail was the body part he loved most. At times like this, it was like a security blanket.
“Do you think I can still go camping with the wolves?” he asked suddenly.
“Sure…”
“Yay!”
“…but don’t keep your hopes up for some time. Those poor cubs got their own share of wounds. The pack won’t be moving until they’re fully recovered. And I want your double extra mega promise on two conditions.”
Peanut nodded. The DEMP was his most solemn oath. He had broken it only once, when he just couldn’t refrain from spoiling the contents of the first Pridelands book he had ever read. “Double extra mega promise. Ask away.”
Grape toyed with his bone-shaped tag. “First, we’ll do everything in group. Except when we’re in our tent, hm?” She tickled his chest with a claw. Peanut chuckled. “Second, we’ll play it safe. The most serious things that I want are knee bruises.”
“Aww.”
“No ‘aww’, Mr. Peanut Butter Sandwich: you’re so enamored with those wolves, that if they tried to jump down a waterfall, you’d do the same.”
Peanut pouted: “But you want to take all the fun out of this trip. I-I wanted to hunt a deer with the pack and provide you with a real feast!”
Grape tried to expel from her mind the image of her dog trampled by a 440-pound ungulate while trying to play the role of alpha male. “Peanut?”
“Yes?”
“We shall eat canned goods like all civilized pets do. I will gladly accept a fresh steak if you cook, but leave the hunting to the pack. You don’t need to be a hero for me. I already know you’re the best and bravest dog in the world, hm?” This time, when she kissed him, she made sure that sweet contact would last as long as possible…
---
Fox stroked the head of the corgi who was soundly sleeping in his bed. His arms and paws were bandaged. A large bandage covered his right cheek. For the rest, according to the doctors, his best friend ever was fine.
The silver husky sighed, continuing to stroke him. “I’m glad you’re back, King,” he whispered. “You were right, you know, my life would be a boring disaster without you. I mean, Bino is hardly a boring dog, but you’re the noblest of creatures. I’m so mad that I can’t tell the world how brave you were in our quest for Uncle Martin, but know I’m immensely proud of you. I’m proud to be your friend.”
At that moment the door opened with a gentle click. “Fox?” whispered Lucky, Fox’s housemate. “King’s Dad is here.”
Fox nodded. He yawned and stood up. Like so many humans and pets, he had spent an anguish-filled night in the hospital’s waiting room, and then he had remained to watch over King. Now, like it or not, he was fatigued. However, he was still lucid enough to throw a warning glance to the man who was stepping in: tall, thin, completely out of fashion with his brown suit and a bowler hat well-trodden over his eyes and a drooping gray mustache.
Fox now knew who or what hid under that disguise. And he couldn’t imagine how someone, even one gifted with awesome magical power, could play god with someone’s life like Pete did.
The ‘man’ returned an indulgent smile to Fox. A smile that said, You owe me your new, beloved friend. Do not forget it!
Fox let himself be guided out of the room. The door closed behind Pete, then he took off his bowler hat, revealing the head of the mythical creature. He sat down on the chair Fox had occupied a moment before. “Hello, King.”
The corgi opened his eyes, fully awake. “I was wondering when you’d show up, Master.”
The Griffin clicked his tongue, as if that word had been a delicate, rare morsel. “Sorry for the delay, but you needed your rest, and I had things to do with my friends at the club.” An extradimensional plane where the griffin and a dragon played a game called Universes & Unrealities, with a Kitsune as Game Master. What could be more normal?
King sat up, wincing for a moment from the pain in his paws. “Heh. Are you having some fun, eh?”
“Oh, like never before. Your performance has been spectacular: as I had foreseen, you’re proving a great avatar.”
King touched the bandage on his cheek. “You think you could heal this? I don’t want to look like Captain Harlock.”
“The fur will grow back soon, don’t worry. And in the meantime, that will be your medal of bravery to show off to the neighborhood ladies. They’ll swoon all over you.”
“And it will also make the game even the more interesting.”
“Undoubtedly,” nodded the gryphon. “You’re getting into the spirit, at last; I like it.”
King smiled in turn. “I learn quickly, master. However, I must warn you, I don’t know if I can handle the Don Juan role. Fox tried to help me, and it was very awkward and embarrassing.”
Pete put his bowler hat on the tip of his cane and toyed with it, making it spin. “I know. But then you hadn’t fully accepted your dogness. You’ll find certain things will come much more naturally now.”
‘Welcome to the dog side’, huh?” said the corgi, recalling a sign displayed at the Good Ol’ Dogs Club.
“Yeah. And you’ve got cookies. I expect a lot of you.”
At this point, King’s blue eyes stared into the griffin’s golden irises. “Oh, yes. And you also know what they say about counting chickens, right, bird brain?”
The hat fell on Pete’s lap. The mythical beast turned a ferocious stare to the dog. “What do you mean..?”
It was King’s turn to smile like a shark. “Of my own free will, I promised you my loyalty, I handed you my life for you to do what you want with it, and I won’t renege on even a letter of what I said... But I never promised I’d serve you at my best, Master.”
Pete felt all the bitter venom in that word, now. He stared, now more surprised than angry. “What..?”
King licked his lips. Oh, yes, how much he had waited for this moment! “I’ll follow your orders in the worst possible way, I’ll interact as little as possible with the animals of this place or any other place, I’ll spoil any plan you come up with. That’s what I’ll do. And since you have to play by the rules, you will end up having a very bad avatar in your claws. Free will is such a scam, hm?”
Pete grabbed the ends of the cane and began to bend it, making the wood creak. “You... you...”
King rubbed his chin with one hand, his eyes turned wistfully toward the ceiling. “Hmm, but you could always make me with some of your magic tricks, or even control my mind, like when I couldn’t even say my own name... But that would also force you to move me 24/7. With best regards to your idea of fun, because it would not be fun, if you had to personally move your pawn every moment, right? It’s what we do spontaneously that determines the course of the game, or you nerds would’ve started controlling us all in the first place… or you would’ve created your own universe.”
The cane broke with a sound like a gunshot.
“King,” said Pete with his true voice, and for a moment the corgi was convinced that the griffin would take his full shape and smash the whole hospital. Yet the dog’s eyes didn’t waver under the hatred radiating from the griffin. His ears didn’t fold at the scalding wrath in Pete’s voice. “Do you realize what I could do to you?”
King nodded. With a firm voice, he answered, “I have an idea. And I also know that I won’t let you have Fox.”
Pete fell speechless.
“I don’t know what you think you’re doing with your game, but one way or the other, I won’t allow you to involve him. The same goes for Martin and his pets, for their friends...
“Yes, I’ll be your pet slave, as per contract, but I assure you that every letter of it will be written with your blood.” At that point, King sank back against the pillows, crossing his arms behind his back. This time it was his turn to smug. “See, it’s not me who’s stuck with you, but you with me. Have fun, trallallallallà.”

Whoever, at that moment, was standing outside the clinic saw a mass of inky black clouds forming out of the blue and over the building, and a storm of lightning dart like the voice of an angry god.

If there was a time when Pete looked really ready to do something irreparable, it was that moment, just the sight of him would have torn any smile right off, his face completely purple, almost black, his beak deformed by rage, his chest full of curses ready to take down the walls and fists shaking like jackhammers.
“Kiiiinnggg...”
“Let me guess: stale bread for a week?”
The griffin’s claws outstretched with an almost metallic click, as he stood up. “If you insist, I will begin immediately, and you can rest assured that you shall regret every single word you just–”
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Petey,” said a new voice.
The voice of a young man dressed all in white, from his fedora to the polished shoes, and a plaster-colored skin over an Asian face. He was leaning against the wall, clapping in slow motion with his hands covered with spotless-white gloves. “Face it, birdie,” said the newcomer, and only then King saw that his eyes were like two red rubies. “He beat us all at our own game. Yes, definitely a very smart little guy.” He smiled, showing white and unnaturally sharp teeth.
“I didn’t think the likes of you would be into Michael Jackson,” said the Corgi.
The ‘man’ took off his hat, and his head was now that of a familiar white-furred fox. Then the nine tails of the Great Kitsune appeared. “A mortal with style, he was. Like Martin, King, you have a receptive and attentive mind. Indeed, Pete chose well... Although in the end, that choice bit him in the butt.” The legendary creature chuckled and stood before King’s bed. Then he turned his gaze to the griffin. “My friend, at this point it seems clear that there are only three options left: he spoils your game, forcing you to seek another avatar, or you force his hand from time to time, until the violations of his free will not cost you the expulsion from the board... Or I grant you two a time-out.
King’s ears perked up. “Meaning?”
The Kitsune’s eyes fixed on King’s. “Like it or not, you are bound by your oath, one that this time you gave of your own free will… But, again Pete put you in a situation in which you had few choices. Just to make it clear, do you remember the rule of ‘Intrinsic Benevolence’?”
King nodded, although he didn’t remember it all from the crash course he was given about The Game. “No harm or something like that, right?”
Kitsune nodded. “Our actions cannot cause harm to another player, or to our avatars or their environment. Pete can’t harm you… but he can make your life really difficult. He’s good at bending the rules.”
“Hey, I never—”
Without turning his gaze, his voice now icy, the mythical fox said, “Are you insulting my intelligence?”
Pete sagged, but wisely remained silent.
Kitsune nodded. “During this break, King, you are to reflect. Pete can’t force any decision on you, but he’s your master now, and on this I can’t intervene. So you two stop bickering and make up. When break’s over, I want to see you two working together, not against each other. Or I will intervene, and neither of you will like it.”
King sat up again. He snorted at Pete. “And during this break, I’ll be 100% free?”
Pete stood up. “Yes, you accursed mutt. I won’t have any power over you.”
King couldn’t help grinning ear to ear. This wasn’t the best bargain, but—
His fell face the moment he saw Pete putting on his bowler hat and turning fully human.
Holding up his hand, ready to snap his fingers.
“But your own kind will have that power. And I’ll enjoy every moment of it.”
King held out a paw, as the horror of realization hit him. “Hey, no! That’s not—”
*snap!*
“—fair…” said Joel Zechariah Robinson, sitting in his cell, dressed in an orange jumpsuit. “Aw, man!
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

I stand in awe, once again. Smiling, naturally.
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Valerio sure knows how to melt my heart. :oops: Love this fic!
Revius

Post by Revius »

Ahhh I love the smell of new update in the evning... oh its just by computer overclocking. Never mind awsome chapter eather way. And it did get me thinking on what would make a awsome fanfic.
Think canon housepets but one day two new pets move in. The pets being Joey's old pets. Sense I cannot write a good fanfic to save my life I hope someone will take it up on it. I just could stop thinking about what would happen if it did happen after I read the latest chapter.
"I'm going to love and tolerate you so hard 20 years from now your descendants will clutch their chests and wonder why they feel so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden." -Anonymous

Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

NOO! Another update!? I'll start reading RIGHT NAO!

EDIT/UPDATE:

OK! After reading for a while, I finally ended reading chapter 5 (yes, I just finished reading the first page... 9 more to go"

EDIT/UPDATE 2:
HA! I reached this comment, I am so closed to catch up, YEAH!
Last edited by Russiarules1 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
NykVerien

Post by NykVerien »

What are you doing to Kingy?!? We love KINGY!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Haichiko Mercy Humans and Pets Clinic, Babylon Gardens

“This is very embarrassing, you know that?”
“Shut up and let me hug you more, you stupid cat.”
Maxwell the cat was joking, but in fact he was doing his best to reciprocate the gesture of his canine housemate, as much as the bandages and IV allowed him. Like Peanut and Grape, he had collected a nice series of ‘warrior medals’ from their adventures in the otherworld. And, oddly, though he was happy as a clam for having lived the adventure of his life, having fought in the guise of one of his favorite characters at the side of Grape, for having saved Uncle Martin from the ghosts of Whiteman House, right now he was even more happy to be back with Bino.
When Max had opened his eyes, the first things he saw were his Dad and Bino. Both were awake, their eyes red with fatigue and tears. Max had only seen the dog so sad when Sasha was abandoned, and that spoke volumes...
Max had woken up, and the family had celebrated. Bino in particular was beside himself with joy. Which brings us to the present moment, after Jeff left his pets alone while he went to rest at home.
“I knew that my example was worth something. It takes a good dog to push a cat to do the right thing.” Bino pressed his knuckles against Max’s shoulder, since the cat’s head was bandaged as well.
Max broke the hug. “Adorable as always. So, what do you have for the neighborhood’s new bunch o’ heroes?”
Bino nodded. “Honorary membership card for all of you.”
The black cat stared. “Even for Grape? And Zachary?”
Bino sighed and rolled his eyes. “I swear, my poor Club is becoming more and more like Joey’s weird club… But I won’t let him have all the glory!”
Max nudged him. “Not to mention, better buy off their loyalty rather than a certain secret slip out, eh?”
Bino blinked. “Huh? What you’re talking about?”
Max sported his knowing grin. “About being a certain book series’ fan to be able to play the role so well. And you, Fido and Joey, were really awesome.”
Bino turned totally red. “Y-you, I, lies!” he stuttered. “I just did my sacred duty as ringleader of the Gardens’ dogs! I am not…” He huffed. “But what do I care at all?! It was a stupid dream!”
“Oh, really?” the cat poked Bino’s head with his finger.
Bino slapped the paw away. “Of course it was a dream! What else could it be?!”
But Max was already waving his head back and forth. “Bino likes kitties, Bino likes kitties…”
“I’ll kill you for this!” barked Bino, before jumping at the cat, this time with less friendly intentions—
But he never reached his target. Instead, something yanked him by the tail.
“They told me that a hero lies here,” said the black and white cat responding to the name of Selene. Her claws dug painfully in Bino’s tail. “A hero who needs rest, right?”
Max sighed theatrically, and put his paws to his chest as in great suffering. “It is so, my sweet queen! I lie in this bed of pain while waiting for the loving kisses of those sharing their affection for me, surely not this rude treatment!”
Bino shook his head. “Disgusting.” He stood up and walked towards the door. He threw a last warning glance to Max, making him understand it wasn’t over.
The door closed and Selene’s smile became somehow… colder. “My dear, dear Maxie… how I wanted to be alone with you.”
Max blushed slightly, lost in his daydream. When she sat behind him and started massaging his neck, he purred, loudly. “Maxie, would you answer a question?”
He nodded absently, his tail swishing in bliss.
“Of all the characters you could play in that adventure… why choose Lord Parnok?” At that point, her paws started squeezing the cat’s neck a bit too much!
Max saw death in her expression. He knew how possessive she could be, a trait that now he wasn’t exactly appreciating! “I… erk… cuz Parnok’s one of the coolest character ever?”
“And he also happens to be Illaya’s bethroted?” She squeezed harder, but her voice remained unnaturally sweet. “Because if I catch you cheating on me, my love, I’ll make sure to have your tail hanging at my door. Because you don’t think a plebeian is better than me, right?”
Max managed to nod.

Bino hadn’t only the best nose in the Gardens. He also had very good ears, and listening to that conversation was giving him a nice idea about a certain couple… And to teach ‘Maxie’ a nice lesson about discretion!
Bino was sure that Peanut was a good guy, by now. A gutsy dog. He honestly respected him… but e really couldn’t stand his cat-lover attitude. Perhaps he could be of help to heal him... yes...
Whistling, Bino walked toward the elevator. He passed by the room where the Arbelt pets were lying, and almost scoffed at the scene he saw.
A female of the Milton Wolves kissing Tiger. Hmf, that a domestic would accept such a gesture from a feral! O tempora, etc..!

Tiger thought that if this was a new trick to get him to babysit the cubs again, it was working great!
He didn’t know what the record for longest kiss was, but Celestia Milton seemed fully-intent on breaking it. Part of the orange-furred pitbull thought that Peanut was right: wolves tasted like cinnamon.
When she pulled away, Tiger was happily bedazzled. “Weee...”
“The cubs told us how you did your part in that calamity. I’m so sorry for underestimating your bravery,” said Celestia. “Will you ever forgive me?” Maliciously she stroked his chest with a finger.
Tiger decided he was dead, in Heaven, and fully-content to stay there... Yet, he pretended to reflect on her words. “Hmm, I don’t knoooow... Maybe we should talk about it over a pizza.”
“Or perhaps, over a juicy steak from a just-hunted deer?” At the very curious glance from the dog, she added, “As soon as the puppies are fully recovered, we’re going camping. We hunt and eat our own game. Would you like to join us, champ?”
Tiger lost himself in those ice-blue, almost white eyes, and nodded so frantically that he got a headache. “*Ow!* You can bet it! In the meantime, I will continue to watch over this other hero.” He pointed with his head at the bed where Zachary was laying. “He too deserves a reward.”
The she-wolf chuckled. “Of course!” She turned and walked over to Zach.
The rabbit almost jumped off his bed. “No offense, madam class-A predator, but I like my fangs no less than 15 feet away from me! Thank you anyway!”
Celestia shrugged then blew him a kiss. “As you wish, dear. And as for you, champ, meet ya at the gym?” And she left the room, wagging.
Zachary gave a concerned looked to Tiger. “Man, after risking your fur in that weird adventure, one would think you’d’ve had enough with danger. Camping with wolves doesn’t sound like the smartest idea.”
Tiger shrugged. “I won’t have a better occasion to show her my value in the field. Ah, Zach, you don’t know how good is to be in love!”
Zachary looked at the ceiling. “Oh, I am in love already: With a happy, tranquil life. Soon as we’re home, I’m gonna ground myself for a year and live off Carrots and TV.”
Tiger chuckled: he would’ve approved that decision, not so long ago, when he feared the bunny would take his place. Now, instead… “Hey, Zach?”
“Yes?”
“I’m sorry for tormenting you.”
The rabbit couldn’t believe his ears! Yes, the pitbull had become a new dog, recently, but he had never apologized for his behavior since Zach had been brought into the family!
“Everyone is talking about Peanut and Grape as if they were heroes, but you’re the one who risked his life to make sure that the raccoons’ kits were all right, during that assassin dogs crisis. You knew it was a trap and ran into it all the same. For a couple of ferals no one cared about.” Tiger took Zach’s paw and gave him a sincere smile of admiration. “You are the real hero, here, rabbit, I am proud to live with you. And if you tell anyone what I just said, I’ll cook you alla cacciatore.”
Zachary shook paws. “It will be our dirty little secret.” And he winked.
---
“Hey, Musketeers,” said a red tabby, leaning into the room. “Are fanboys still allowe... whoops, sorry for interrupting.”
Grape was sitting on Peanut’s lap, and both were using a single controller: Peanut, who always showed great reflexes, moved an undead warrior riding a monstrous mastiff with the directional buttons. Grape was using the action buttons to wreak carnage among the ranks of giant orcs with her sword and shield.
Peanut paused the game and beckoned their guest to enter. “Hi there, Felix! Want to join? We have another controller!”
The tabby shook his head. “Sacred 2? Cool! Never seen it played this way, tho... Thanks for the offer, but I just came to see how you two were faring, now that the horde of visitors has subsided.” He sported a toothy grin. “But I think you two are doing just fine. How far have you gotten with the mission in the orcish lands?”
Grape tossed him a second controller. “C’mon. We have a Serafina saved: You cover our backs, we do the rest.”
Felix jumped on the bed and sat down next to the couple.
“News from Dad?” asked Peanut, his eyes glued to the game.
“Just a letter from him saying that he is well and hopes to return soon,” said Felix. “Sucks, but still beats receiving the news and his uniform from some guy from the department.”
“Why don’t you come and spend a few days with us,” asked Grape, without taking her eyes from the screen. “Really, there’s space for an extra bed in our room, and Dad and Mom would love have you around.”
“We could have Lucky too!” Peanut said, driving his hound through the orc village in search of quests. “Let’s have a Musketeers’ party!”
“Now, that’s a good idea... What do you say, Felix? There’s never enough together time for the Musketeers.” Grape’s past was a tormented one, but she was determined to cling to the good things of it, such as Lucky and Felix, her only friends of those sad days…
The cat, his tongue sticking out from a corner of his mouth, nodded. “Why not? I’m game!” He liked to share war stories with Tibbets and Enola, his current housemates while his Marine Dad was away in some secret mission, but he too needed more time with his old friends!
Grape would’ve given him five, but at that moment she was too busy trying to ward off the attacks of a bunch of characters that Peanut was doing his best to avoid. “Heck, Peanut! If you don’t want to kill the Dire wolves I understand it, but please try to think of the goblin boars as walking hams for your sandwich. In fact, this session is making me hungry…
“But they are victims of the evil forces!” protested the dog. When he videogamed, he immersed himself completely in the environment. And killing ferals was unthinkable for him. “They’re not to blame for what they do, we should show compassion!”
“Okay, okay,” said Grape. “At least try to remember that some dragons, here, are evil by their own will and should be killed, or we’ll never get to the end of level.”
Peanut made a sad face. “Can I stop the warrior and pray for them, at least?”
Grape sighed and kissed her beloved dog’s cheek. “All right, sweetheart.” She remembered how long she had spent consoling him after he had read one of Fox’s books about the Russian suicide dogs during WWII.
Felix, however, was using Serafina’s weapons without too much remorse for any creature with fur, to get his own experience points.
When the slaughter of wolves began, Peanut looked at him with wide eyes ready to burst into tears...

Shortly after, in fact, his sad howl filled the hall, followed by the cold voice of Grape. “Felix, remind me to put hemlock in your milk.”
---
“Sorry, care to repeat?”
Mizar nodded. “But it’s still a secret, no one must know.”
Martin Foster shook his head as if he had just recovered from a faint. “Ah, but... but of course!” Now he was beaming like a star. “I... Wow! I mean... WOW! Are you really sure? Well, so suddenly..!”
“So, are you happy about the idea?” asked Alcor, still a little anxious. This was the question almost all pets were afraid to ask to their owners…
Martin hugged his white-furred pets as tight as the bandages allowed. Antares and Aldebaran seemed no less eager to physically manifest their joy.
“Am I’m happy?” said the man. “OMG! Puppies!! I’m gonna be Grandaddy!!” He repeatedly kissed their heads. “Mizar...” He took the head of the German shepherd in his hands, and planted a big kiss on her snout! “You’ve already chosen the lucky donor? Or do you want me to put out an ad? Or we could throw a Cupid-party in the park, there are so many hunks in this neighborhood, or—” Alcor’s paw on his mouth turned the river of words in an unintelligible mumble.
“We already know who will be the lucky one,” said Alcor to his master and best friend. “And, thanks for everything, Dad. Your blessing is very important to us.”
Martin fell silent, and when the cat took away his paw, the man hugged him gently. “Now it’s up to me to tell you that you are really stupid. Did you really think I wouldn’t be happy to see my beautiful young lady with a puppy-swollen belly?” He patted Mizar’s stomach, making her blush. “And to see a beautiful litter run and play in our house?” Hearing him, seeing his sparkling eyes, it seemed more like he was the mother. “I am a lucky man, my children. And you’ll be the greatest of Dads, Alcor.” He rubbed his knuckles against the cat’s head.
“Of course, it isn’t the right time,” said Mizar, shifting her gaze to the ground. “Now we live in a smaller house, and you’ll be spending a lot of money putting together all the things you lost with the old house, and—” Martin interrupted her by cupping her face again. Then he lifted her chin and stared into her tourmaline-blue eyes. “Mizar, no matter how many material possessions I’ve lost, those will not be with me when my day comes.
“You, however, will leave behind something unique and wonderful: new lives. Lives that in turn will generate other lives... All the gold in the world isn’t worth a thing like that, and I pledge to you and Alcor that, as long as I have a breath of life, I won’t let anyone or anything separate you from them until they are ready to walk their own way. Thank you for this gift, child.” He bent to give her a gentle kiss on her neck.
The female and Alcor held him. The cat purred like an airplane engine.
“And we promise you,” Antares said, “that we’ll be the best uncles in the whole world.”
“No one will hurt them,” added Aldebaran, more serious than ever. All their protective instincts had gone overdrive since hearing the wonderful news. He and his brother felt as if they were born for this. God help the one who laid a hand on those pups…
With the heads of his two pets still resting against his shoulder, Martin asked, “Who is the lucky one that will give us the gift of a new generation? Hmm? Are you going to tell me or must I torture you?”
Mizar chuckled. Then he told him.
“Wow,” repeated Martin. “That’s a good choice indeed! We should—” whatever he wanted to add, he was interrupted by the door opening. The man passed from unbridled joy to perplexity. “Kostya, what’s up?” he asked.
D.A. Alex Michailyevic Konstantin held a sort of ‘respectful friendship’ with Martin, since he was instrumental to solving the zoomafia case involving the old shelter and a pet funeral home, although using… inappropriate means.
The man was the grandson of a Soviet soldier, used to speaking straight to people. He didn’t use roundabout expressions to say, with a grim face, “Foster, it’s about your brother.”
Martin felt alarms ring in his head. He was one of the few who knew the truth about King. So that meant..?
“We got him.”
Last edited by valerio on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Ohhhhh nnnooooooo. That was mean of Pete to do, and to notify Martin!

need moar.
NykVerien

Post by NykVerien »

Daggy wrote:Ohhhhh nnnooooooo. That was mean of Pete to do, and to notify Martin!

need moar.
I agree. Who else wants roast Pete for dinner? :twisted:

Submited from my Blackberry.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Oh Gawd! Mercy, please!
I just started episode 3 from Season 1!

UPDATE/EDIT:
I have reached another comment, which means I am behind a couple of episodes. Good.
Valerio, thanks for this gift you have written, I think you just stole Jack London's first place on my 'Favorite Writer List'.
Use your literature skills for good, my friend.
Last edited by Russiarules1 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

I wonder who the donor is :?:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Haichiko Mercy Humans and Pets Clinic, Babylon Gardens, Office Administration

As with any fire, the spark that triggered it almost went unnoticed at first.
Elisabeth Parsons was preparing the statements to be submitted to the ‘Boy, Bino Sure Is an Idiot!’ trust fund (only the Milton ferrets could come up with such a name!) for pets welfare. Normally, the residents of Babylon Gardens took good care of their pets, but recently there were more hospitalizations in a year of activity. The blog Simon Says… said that it was the long-lasting curse of Whiteman House. Not that the accountant believed it, but she was one of those who still shivered at the memory of the crimes committed at the place where that dear Mr. Foster had built his mansion… before it blew up, that is.
*Sigh* it surely didn’t discourage Martin from rebuilding, although rumor had it that the new mansion would be built in another part of the park, while a memorial for the lost lives would be erected where the old Whiteman House had stood… Yup, looks like Mr. Richie Rich had learned his lesson!
Lost in those thoughts, her hands moving mechanically to fulfill the practice of her trade as she had done for many years now, Elisabeth almost didn’t notice the anomaly that appeared briefly on the screen.
The accountant scrolled back the pages, then adjusted her glasses on her nose, as if that gesture could somehow help her see the data that, for some reason, was no more.
“Now, that’s weird,” she murmured. She was sure she had filed that patient, he was one of the bunch that had been hospitalized that night.
But it was the e-document age, and errors multiplied with unnatural ease. It took longer, before computers, sure, but she had never lost a file, then.
Elizabeth sighed. Thank Thee, Lord, for our back-ups, she thought, and connected to the database. The Data Management software was so stuffed with antivirus and security gizmos that one could have used it to protect some sinister Wall Street secrets instead of medical and administrative files, the most boring stuff in the world.
The woman activated the search engine. Be a good boy, mommy just wants to take a nice hot bath and sleep curled up with her boys, possibly before nightfall...
She found nothing.
And this was a problem. Okay, Betty, calm down..! It wasn’t the end of the world. Maybe she had forgotten to enter that patient, it was the first time that had happened in her 35-year long career, but it wasn’t the end of the world.
The accountant searched for the data from admittance. She didn’t inset that, she just had to double-check it for the welfare program. If she had committed an error, surely the receptionist hadn’t: they registered all non-feral pets and especially their owners—
Nothing.
Oookay, this is becoming ridiculous. Don’t panic, Betty, think! What else is left to check?
The pet registrar! Right! Elisabeth let go of the breath she had been holding. Wherever that Corgi, what was his name, King Welshman?, had come from, he had to be registered at the registrar. There weren’t any other corgis in the Gardens, it would be piece of cake to find his files in the registrar…
Nothing. There was nothing about a King Welshman or any owner.
This meant two things: either the little guy was a feral, or he had been ‘cleaned’ for some shady purpose.
And now he had disappeared from the hospital’s clinic as well.
Okay, panic! Elisabeth’s hand flew to the telephone. She called security, telling them to check room 404 and make sure the patient remained there, although she was fairly sure it was too late. She then called Directorate.
The fire began to spread.
---
Sandwich House

Jill had spent the last hour examining herself in the wardrobe mirror. She kept touching her belly, moving her hand up and down, with great attention, as if afraid to break the skin under the clothing.
Earl approached her and gave her a kiss on the neck. “Will you forgive me when I say that I expected to see you... less hesitant? This isn’t Midwich, you know.” And so saying, he took her hand in his, holding it on her belly.
Jill sighed, and shook her head. She let her husband guide her to the bed, on which both sat down.
“It’s not for me, love. But Grape, poor girl... I’m so afraid this news will upset her.”
Earl nodded. Unfortunately, it was a reality that had to be reckoned with. “And we will make her understand that nothing will change for her. And then she has Peanut; they love each other so much… I’m absolutely sure he’ll do his best and more to help her.”
Jill nodded. Grape would need support, and her family would give it in full!
---
Masterson, Milton (and Danko) House

Even fate had decided to give them a hand. And wasn’t it fair, after all the hardship they had to endure?
Martin Foster was a control freak, and that would be the downfall… not for him, not for now. But he could wait.
First things first, they had to make sure that this operation proceeded quickly, before Janet Masterson and her cursed hound noticed that, hidden in the regular operations allowed in the favor of the Foster trust for the welfare of his pets, there was a series of orders to transfer that money into a very special buyout…
Thomas Milton was almost singing with joy. Celia had stuck upon a great idea by adopting those female ferrets: Dolores and Carmen had toyed with the five males of the bunch until they had given them the ‘funny numbers’ that were the passwords to the Milton Estate accounts!
For a moment, Thomas had contemplated taking the whole grisbi and heading for Mars! Heck, he might have just enough money for that and building a villa under Olympus Mons… But Celia had been extremely clear: for their plan to work, everything had to be legit, on paper, or it was prison time again for the next 1,000 years.
Not to mention the oh-so-sweet taste of cold-served vengeance. They’d rise to the stars while Babylon Gardens would become a pet-free mall!
“Done!” Thomas said, at last, with a big smile. “My dear, the human part of the Milton family has just become the majority shareholder of Milton Multicorp Inc.”
Grinning like foxes, Carmen and Dolores gave each other high fives. “YAY!”
---
“GRAAAAPE!”
“GAK!” Grape Jelly got the traditional heart attack, despite having suffered that experience several times now. She sat up, sighing, then tried to caress her tail into unfluffying. “Peanut, please, tell me this is something urgent enough to wake me up that way in a hospital. You know, hospital, quiet, no annoying noises...”
Peanut Butter was kneeling at her side. His head hung low, ears flat and was touching his fingers. He dared not even look at her. All in his body language screamed ‘I’m scared to heck!’. “If I tell you something, will you promise not to get mad at me?”
Once, she would’ve jumped him. Now, she felt only like she wanted to protect him.
Grape put her paw under his chin to lift his head. “Peanut, I have vowed that I wouldn’t get mad at you, and that you have the right to wake me up from my naps, remember? Also, you too said it, no secrets and no lies. We’ll always speak about the things that worry us. Hm?”
His ears went back up. He drew a deep breath. “After the trip with the wolves, you know, err…” He was struggling to find the words. Grape was now really worried: Peanut acted like this only when it was something really big. The first time he had behaved like that was at Uncle Reuben’s, last year, when he had confessed that he loved her, that despite his feelings, or perhaps because of them, he would have stepped aside in favor of Max, fearing she wanted to date cats because she couldn’t handle such feelings from a dog. And she had gotten mad, all right. Mad for fear of losing the most important person in her life, to lose the only one who made her feel loved, protected, safe...
“Peanut,” she said, stroking his head. “Please speak. You’re scaring me now.”
“You...” Peanut swallowed. “I know that I love you and you me, b-but there’s something I will never be able to give you and when I saw the way you were looking at Laika and Awesome, at the farm, I-I knew…”
Grape wasn’t sure what he was talking about. What was with Awesome and them, now? He needed to be calmed, and so she did, hugging him and purring loudly. “Shhh, love. Relax, take it easy. I’m here to listen to whatever you have to say.”
Peanut felt an acid knot forming in his stomach. “I… only want you to be happy, I mean… really happy. And I have thought over this so much, because I know that in the end you’ll need that special something I can’t give you and if something happens to me you’ll never be alone and—”
“Peanut. What is it?” she said in a firmer tone.
“I want you to have kittens!” came out in a shrill, girly-voice.
Grape’s jaw hung open where she sat. For one of the very few times she could remember, perhaps the second time since that fateful night a year ago, Peanut had left her absolutely speechless. She couldn’t think of adequate words.
She broke the hug. And she looked at him as if she was seeing him for the very first time in her life.
It wasn’t possible, her mind screamed. It wasn’t possible that her beloved dog was asking her… to…
“Grape? Are you okay?” Peanut, for his part, had feared exactly that reaction. This was Grape before she turned into a demon and hurt him. He wanted so much to never have spoken…
But speak he must! If he abandoned himself to his fears, Grape would think this was just one of his weird stunts. So Peanut grabbed her by her shoulders. He tried to be as serious as possible as he said, “Grape, I don’t want you to answer right now. I want you to think: I want this, I really want this. I want to raise a litter together with you, your litter, the kittens that will bear your blood and our love, even if I won’t be their father. Because I don’t want this wonderful thing to end with us, not after risking our lives so many times! I want our children to carry on our memory, the memory of two proud parents.” Peanut caressed her belly, lovingly. “I understand we must have permission from Mom and Dad, but I want you to know that I will be ready whenever you’re ready. I love you.”
Grape felt his lips on her nose, but still couldn’t process fast enough. Only when Peanut said, “You’re not mad at me, are you?” she shook her head.
“I’m not mad, Peanut, not at all. Shocked, yes. I mean, when I said that we had to settle down after all the adventures, I didn’t imagine… wow.” This time, she almost squeezed the life out of him. He didn’t see her tears of joy. “Peanut, silly, silly, silly puppy, just give me a bit of time to think over this, ok? Give a bit of time to get used to the idea.”
Peanut nodded. Okay, so he had hoped for an outright ‘yes’, but he had learned to read her language, and at least she was really happy. It meant a lot to him—
Right at that moment, the door opened, startling them both! Cat and dog broke the embrace. Grape threw him a warning glance, just like the old times, when she tried to hide their relationship to the world. Unlike then, this time Peanut giggled.
But both of then turned worried at the sight of a panting Lucky saying, “King has disappeared! And guess who’s back?”
---
Martin’s doctor had come with the D.A. Alex M. Konstantin. The man was famous for his sudden outbursts and the staff wanted to make sure he didn’t kill the man of the law who had come with the most improbable news.
“What do you mean… You already had my brother Joel in custody and no one knew it?!”
Martin sat on the edge of his bed, surrounded by his pets, two of which could easily tear the man apart.
Konstantin had dealt with crime pros, he could handle this, although he didn’t exactly feel at ease… “Well, Mr. Foster, there has been a mistake, that’s all.”
“That’s all?” Martin looked very much like a dog, with that curious upward stare from under a reclined head. Alex was sure that if there had been a full moon, Martin would’ve turned into a werewolf. “You lose a prisoner and you call it ‘a mistake’? Like you lost a piece of cutlery..?” his voice was almost a growl.
Konstatin cleared his throat – after all, he was in one of those predicaments that could cause a media scandal… “Mr. Foster, please. It happened that there was a heavy traffic to and from the district court, that week, and the cases had accumulated.”
“Just like every full moon night. What made that day so special?”
“There was this car thief. Same age, same birthplace…”
“Same name,” concluded Martin for him.
The District Attorney nodded. “Joel Zechariah Weaver. Somehow, our staff mistook Robinson for Weaver and moved him to his cell, since Weaver had been already sentenced…”
“And you thought he had escaped.”
Alex nodded again. “It’s my fault for not checking his prison, but I hadn’t considered such a chain of events. He didn’t even have a relative to visit him, or a friend. So, it was only when we went to set him free, at the end of his detention, that we discovered the truth. Mr. Foster, you don’t know how sorry I am for—”
Martin raised a hand to interrupt him. “That’s enough, Konstantin. Since you know my little dirty secret about how I helped you with the zoomafia, I won’t file a case about your office, but so help me, if I don’t see my brother free immediately, I—”
Konstantin stood up. “Friday, next week. The judge wants to have a word with him before releasing him, and her agenda is full…”
“Friday, first thing in the morning, or I’ll hang you Konstantine. I’ll do it.”
The man nodded and went to the door. It could have gone worse, all in all.
Soon after the door had closed, Martin… smiled. “So, it looks like Pete decided to get rid of his avatar, after all. Could’ve gone worse, all in all.”
“You enjoyed grilling the guy, eh?” said Alcor.
Martin nodded. “I helped him get rid of the Coffin Gang and he threatened me with prison. I owed him that much. Now we’ll have to take care of Fox. The poor guy may know the truth, but he’ll be very depressed all the same…” They knocked at the door. “Come in.”
The door opened, and Fox stepped in. “Uncle Martin?”
The man gestured Fox to come in. “Close the door, please. Fox, are you..?”
“What will happen to Joel?” asked the husky, closing the door. Then he went to sit up on the human’s bed. His voice was flat, but his breath was ragged, as if frustration wanted to burst out of his chest pretty badly. “Dad said he should stay in prison forever, that he’ll talk to the Judge to try and extend the sentence, and he doesn’t trust Joel even if he’s your brother, and he’s really mad, but I miss King so much and… and…” He hugged Martin and sobbed in his chest. “I don’t know what to do! We know the truth and we can’t tell anyone! Please, can you get him out of there? I don’t want him to stay locked up and I can’t tell Dad the truth…”
Martin stroked repeatedly the dog’s back. “My lawyers are already working on it. I will pass over Kostya’s dead body, if necessary, to make sure Joel gets back home ASAP, and that you can visit him whenever you want.” He shook his head. “This supernatural thing creeps me out, but I’ll be honest, boy: I’m happy that he’s back to his human self. Sorry for the conflict of interest.”
Fox broke the hug, and this time he showed a half smile. He nodded. “Heh, it seems that we are destined to fight over him, after all.”
“You get him the even days, I get the odd ones.”
Fox pouted. “No fair! You get four days out of seven!”
Martin thought over it. “Hm, oookay, so we’ll all spend Sunday together… Seriously, Fox, you’ll have to work hard at this. The other pets will give you a hard time for siding with the guy who was, well, responsible for…” He couldn’t force himself to say it. When Joel had kidnapped Fox, the other PETA guy had actually tried to kill him. If it hadn’t been for Ralph’s team…
Fox sighed. “I know, Uncle Martin. They’ll say I got Stockholm Syndrome, to say the least. I know Bino, and I think that this time he’ll be sincere in his attempt to protect me, but he’ll likely turn the whole Club against you.”
Antares bared his fangs. “Nekhay̆ sprobuye!” he growled menacingly. Mizar and Alcor nodded grimly.
Martin caressed the big dog’s shoulder. “We’ll take care of things one at a time, children, Fox. Right now, it’s Joel’s freedom that we must solve. Fox, I’m counting on you to vouch for my brother.”
“I talked with Fido on the phone. He’s with us.”
Martin nodded. “The game’s not over.”

SEASON I – FINALE
EPISODE 20
FIN
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Skruffy wrote:I wonder who the donor is :?:
Stay tuned for next season! ;)
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

is all that's going through my mind.

I want King back! D:
valerio

Post by valerio »

I always wanted to experiment a season with Joel. I hope I can do a good job with that :?
In the meantime, I may add a dose of King with the first Special Episode I write between seasons, and this one may be...extended...
Stay tuned! ;)
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

You hook me so deep!

You'll do fine with it. Look at what you've done so far! It's phenomenal!
valerio

Post by valerio »

*bows* thank you!
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

...And then Fox calls Sabrina, because she's technically not part of the game, to hide their actions from Pete, and then help him, King (currently not playing as Pete's avatar), and Martin come up with a spell to bind Pete and prevent his avatar from helping him (as he would have to) when the time-out is up. The ultimatum: release King from his role, or be bound for eternity. :twisted:
Revius

Post by Revius »

He he. It seems that we got three new things on the road. Kittens and puppies, the ferrets losing all there money, and ofcourse Joel who need to get out of prison

valerio

Post by valerio »

an interesting second season looms on the horizon... ;)
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

AHA! Finally caught up once again! AND I loved it! So much amazingness and awesomeness! Ate up all my morning and a good part of the afternoon, but was way more than worth it! Also yay kittens and puppies! :mrgreen: can't wait for the next season!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I am taking some time because I want to see how this HP comic's year ends for King. Then I'll start working on the special episode... Crossover!
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Ooooohhhhh snap. That's exciting!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Daggy wrote:Ooooohhhhh snap. That's exciting!
oh, it shall be ;)
Revius

Post by Revius »

:) Suddenly using this site as HomePage doesn't sound like a bad idea.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Uh?
Revius

Post by Revius »

Hey if we think of the rate your updating at and then add to that a crossover you get just the first thing I see when I start up firefox.

Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I finally did it, YES! This is the most awesome story I have ever redden.
The story is excellent, compared to "Call Of The Wild" by Jack London, wonderful job!
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Finally caught up to most recent events eh? It is quite a fantastic story Valerio has woven so far.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Daggy wrote:Finally caught up to most recent events eh? It is quite a fantastic story Valerio has woven so far.
Indeed.
A whole week sitting in front of the computer (Not literally). Worth it.

Also, Valerio, you may post up all the updates you like!
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, the good thing about this arc's conclusion is that it fits perfectly my plans for the special episode, so get ready for you treat soon.
And thank you, comrade! You do me too much honor! :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES
Special Episode I: Crossover
Written by VALERIO, by kind concession of HOPPER200456, later revised by OBBL

Sandwich House’s garden, Babylon Gardens

Tiny star, shining bright… it’s time for me to say goodnight…
The night was clear and beautiful. The ‘star’ the observer was contemplating was the bright dot of Venus.
Lying on the backyard lawn, the dog Peanut Butter Sandwich watched the planet named after the goddess of love. He watched Venus and prayed to the goddess that she would mend his aching, lonely heart.
Peanut was alone. Grape was somewhere with Max, Tarot wasn’t home. And he was sad.
Tiny star, shining bright… it’s time for me to say goodnight…
He often wondered what it would have been like if he had had the courage to confess to her, that time at the farm? Had it really been a little over a year ago?
A year since she had promised she would remain his best friend, and that nothing would change that.
And recently, she had involved Maxwell in their game of Play Pretend, and then ignored him. Peanut just wanted to have fun with her, and instead they ended up fighting really bad, something that had never happened before.
He still felt really bad for that.
Although later she had apologized, and even renewed her promise to remain his best friend in the whole world, even if he was entitled to some mushy stuff... after she had kissed him (even if it was a friendly peck on the cheek), that bad feeling had never really gone away.
And he didn’t have the courage to tell her. He knew that he was losing her a little more, every day, and it was his fault!
Why couldn’t he find the courage to come forward and tell her he loved her with all his heart? That the truth was that he was so jealous of that stupid ‘Maxie’!? Why couldn’t he find the courage to tell her that being so close to her every day and being her ‘best friend’ wasn’t enough?!
Because that would make her unhappy, that’s why.
Grape wasn’t ‘pretending’ or whatever, with Max. She had said it loud and clear: she was flattered by Peanut’s crush, but when it came to romance, it was felines she thought of, and, in her words, she had grown very fond of Max.
Peanut did not have the right to insist, he couldn’t step out of the ‘friend zone’, or the title ‘best friend in the world’ would become ‘hateful nuisance’. And that would hurt much, much more.
But he loved her. His heart ached just thinking of her. He couldn’t help it. What could he ever do?
Tiny star, shining bright… it’s time for me to say goodnight… The sky shimmered, as his eyes filled with tears.
He had expressed that desire to every shooting star, since his feelings for her had started burning in his heart... Peanut chuckled. Perhaps it would’ve been better not to know that she was a female at all. Yes, he could wish to stay blissfully ignorant, keep seeing her as a nice friend, because that’s what she was, from the beginning, a good friend with whom he did next to everything
What’s wrong with me? Tarot was a creature so gentle and sweet to him, and he was happy to stay with that… weird Pomeranian. She always seemed to have the right words for him, and she could always be there for him at the right moment. He was fond of her.
But Tarot was not Grape. Tarot didn’t make his heart jump with just a look, didn’t make him see butterflies, didn’t make him feel immense joy with just a look.
For this, Peanut Butter had vowed to do his best to make his sweet cat happy, at the cost of losing her! Because Grape deserved all the happiness in the world... And she wanted to be happy with a cat.
What’s wrong with me? At the heart of it all, Bino was right: he was just weird, a dog in love with a cat! Even so, Peanut had never been direct with her from the start. He wasn’t really sure she could handle the ridicule of such a novelty. At the same time, he wanted to kiss her in front of everyone, and the terror of that thought made him want to run to the bathroom…
A falling star streaked through the sky, passing just above Venus! A tiny white-and-red comet that caught Peanut’s eyes and hopes!
Tiny star, shining bright… it’s time for me to say goodnight. So close your eyes and snuggle up tight... I hope that Grape’ll love ME one day and night!
Peanut shut his eyes tight, he clenched his teeth in concentration. He balled his paws into tight fists. One day only, he wasn’t asking for more…
“Peanut!” His Mom’s voice from the door made him jump. The dog quickly wiped his eyes, hoping she didn’t notice his sadness. “Peanut, it’s almost midnight. You should be in bed, darling!”
The young dog stood up and yawned. “Coming, Mom!” He ran towards the entrance, where Jill was waiting for him. He gave her a big hug, sighing, and she smiled back. Then, Jill Sandwich gave him a kiss on the head. “Good night, baby. Sweet dreams.”
“Thank you! You too!” And he ran upstairs.

Once in his room, Peanut closed the door and went to his bed. There he lay, then put his paw under the mattress and pulled out a picture – that is, his special picture. He was sure that Fido would kill him if he knew of its existence, even if he had snapped that picture under very casual circumstances.
The photograph depicted Babylon Garden’s most admired dog intent on kissing his girlfriend, Sabrina. A cat. The picture had been gel pen-colored so that the protagonists of that intimate moment matched the fur colors of Peanut and Grape. That was Peanut’s only concession to his hope of crowning his undying dream of love. He had held that picture so many times now, that it was really starting to deteriorate. And there wouldn’t be a copy of this photo, nor a new one. One day it would go, and his last hopes with it too.
Peanut held back the new tears, caressing the image. It was so unfair! Why could the neighborhood’s super dog have such a cute girlfriend while he couldn’t have Grape?
Because Fido kept his love life hidden from everyone, that’s why! Peanut tapped his temple. Stupid! Fido and Sabrina kept everything strictly secret, even they couldn’t stand the ridicule, the disgrace. Imagine Peanut!
The dog stroked the picture one last time, then put it back in place. He reached out to the switch and turned off the light. Before falling asleep, he thought that Grape had not yet returned. Who knew what she was doing with ‘Maxie’!
Tiny star, shining bright…
---
Milton House for the Equal Chance Program.

Another very distressed person was looking at that part of the sky, at the same time, although for very different reasons.
It would be so easy to trust the Heavens to make the right choice. After all, he had just learned it existed, right?
But it was up to him.
Joel Zechariah Robinson had a lot of unfinished business in his old life. And he had not applied to become a corgi, darn it! He had been involved in this absurd cosmic Game for the fun of a griffin with a wicked sense of justice! He still wanted to go back to his ol’ furless skin!
Or not?
King had a new life ahead of him. He had a friend, his first best and true friend ever. A husky; ironically the very same dog that Joel had tried to kidnap!
Fox... completed him, in a certain sense. He made him feel happy, always knew the right thing to say to cheer him up, he had always done his best to help the new dog join the pet community, Bino permitting... He would’ve blended into the Good Ol’ Dogs Club, if it hadn’t been for that mean, odious mutt!
And Bino was the constant reminder of why Joel hated animals. Not civilized beings, but beasts ready to stab you in the back at the most unexpected moment!
Oh, yes, wasn’t it true that, back at the Club, Fox was standing there, watching, while Bino was about to smash the watch that was the corgi’s soul? Even Fido had remembered he was the doggy Captain America, and had tried to stop Bino… after walking away, first, of course, preferring to back up his mean brother!
And Fox had waited until Fido had intervened.
Fox had deserted him. At the critical moment, he had chosen Bino! How could King speak to him, the next time, knowing that such a thing could happen again?
King snarled, his ears completely folded down, teeth bared.
He felt so confused. Fox had every reason to hate Joel and whatever it was that belonged to him. From his point of view, that was just a stupid watch that brought back memories of unpleasant things. Fox had even offered to buy a new one for his friend.
But he had seen how much King cared for that ‘stupid watch’, he had heard the plea in his voice when he had barked out loud for help. Why had he not intervened at that moment?! Was he his friend at all?
“Who am I?” His memories and his thoughts were those of a man, but did he still want to be one? Okay, Fox had made a mistake, but he did save his watch, in the end, he had put his friendship above that stupid watch! In his own way, he had apologized!
For this reason King didn’t want to lose him. Joel had never had any friends, real friends like that dog. Maybe it was cowardice, abandoning a life still unresolved, but wouldn’t it be worse to leave behind the few certainties, the change that he had so painstakingly built, knowing he could do something really good with his life, for once?
Like Sasha. Sweet, innocent creature who needed someone to care for her. Even if he didn’t feel attracted to her for her… dogness, he surely could keep helping her because he wanted to do so, like he should have done as a man, if he hadn’t made so many poor choices in life. So, yes, even as a dog he could make a difference for those in need.
King put his head in his paws. There were too many things he didn’t know, too many incognitae. How could he make such an important decision? Why not leave the decision to the Cosmic Nerds and their stupid U&U Game? It was their fault he was living with a pack of wolves, with the prospect of a human master who would feed him canned and dry food... hoping that during that period a certain griffin wouldn’t mess with his life… again.
“I hate you all,” said King, leaning his head on his arms, looking at the sky in search of a sign.
And the sign came in the form of a blazing trail that, a few hundred yards away, was inspiring a wish in the heart of a dog in love.
Tiny star, shining bright… it’s time for me to say goodnight. So close your eyes and snuggle up tight... Let me see my choice a day till night!
King closed his eyes, surrendering to prayer as he had never done. At that moment, he believed. He believed with all his heart and soul. Just one day to see what could be! Because he wasn’t afraid of the choice in itself, only of making the wrong one! He needed to know!
The star went out. The corgi yawned and went back to bed. “Nice try, old boy. Now it’s time to snuggle for real, tomorrow’s another wonderful dog day. Heh.”
But no matter how bitter he felt, he wanted a certain someone close, right now. “Good night, Fox.”
He closed his eyes.
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

=) I have the biggest smile on my face.

One minor thing.
Even Fido had remembered he was the doggy Captain America, and had tried to stop Fido
Should be Bino.
valerio

Post by valerio »

corrected, thank you :D
Me is glad you appreciate!
Revius

Post by Revius »

:cry: Where is the happy ending. Now I am deppressed and need to find a happy fanfic or I never gonna fall asleep.
Really well done thou, you got the emotions show incredibly well. I have to admit I allmost teared up there a moment.

Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Another great and special update, good! Keep 'em coming.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!