Arc 42: Not All Dogs

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs

Post by Sleet »

EvanAierkan wrote:Bino might not be evil but a jerk for sure. No point trying to defend him for what he's doing at the moment, it's starting to go out of line and there's nothing positive in it. I bet Fox is going to show up to save King's watch, but won't give it to him unless he comes clean. Sasha might also come up, scolding Bino being a jerk who probably won't take the hint. Fox learns the truth, drama involves, cosmic nerds shows up and King has to decide on his fate, arc ends. Calling it right now.
He can be a jerk and still deserve defending. People are acting like he's irredeemably evil, so those of us who think he's just a jerk need to defend him.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Bino also has his fans. Or fan. Whatever. x3

Things are not clear-cut, there isn't a right or wrong answer. Bino is certainly a jerk, but he is not evil incarnate and some of us can empathize with his world view. *shrugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

He's not evil incarnate, he's just jerky dog incarnate, I don't see anything good coming from what is happening/about to happen though.
Sent from my conifer.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

so much discussion.... I bet Rick is totally enjoying this.Image
Bino isn't evil incarnate, though he would be if he knew he full consequences of his actions and yet was still acting the way he is now. I agree with Dissension how Bino is really just trying to keep his position. He is just doing that in a mean way. Everyone is scared for King and I think that is what is making everyone (me too a little) gang up against Bino in the comments and discussion.
all I can say is things are getting intense.Image
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Bino is a jerk theirs no denying that but hes not Evil incarnate. if anything he might be a little lawful- evil at tops, and there's nothing really wrong with that my best comparison might would be Sinestro. (just toned down) I really love his you can't win because I can't lose mentality
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Ugh. I just went back and read some of my rants on Arc 32. I was SO wrong then, I'm hoping that, in one hour, I'll be SO wrong again in worrying. :oops:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Ugh. I just went back and read some of my rants on Arc 32. I was SO wrong then, I'm hoping that, in one hour, I'll be SO wrong again in worrying. :oops:
Well its going to be longer then an hour according to Rick comic is going to take a bit longer then normal
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Oh, WHATEVER!! You get my point. :roll:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ChewyChewy wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:I don't like to defend Bino, but I've seen NOTHING to make me believe that he would break it knowing what it is.
keep in mind that if he knew what it was, he'd also know who King was. If Fox's friendship means as much to Bino as some here have speculated, he may still have reason to smash the watch.
I disagree. I haven't seen BLOODlust in Bino so far that I can recall. He gave King exploding catnip but he didn't do anything to HURT him. Even NOW he isn't doing anything to hurt him physically, and he easily could, with two thugs.
but Joel may be a different story. he wouldn't want to kill King, but possibly Joel.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

When have we ever seen Bino desiring to KILL ANYONE? That's an EXTREME position which is inappropriate for the comic's rating.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, we still don't know for sure that death would be the result of smashing the watch. it may just result in a feeling of emptiness, like he's missing part of his soul.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well, we still don't know for sure that death would be the result of smashing the watch. it may just result in a feeling of emptiness, like he's missing part of his soul.
I have it on good authority that Rick said he wouldn't do something like that.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ChewyChewy wrote:When have we ever seen Bino desiring to KILL ANYONE? That's an EXTREME position which is inappropriate for the comic's rating.
Like when Grape murdered someone.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:When have we ever seen Bino desiring to KILL ANYONE? That's an EXTREME position which is inappropriate for the comic's rating.
Someone who was a complete comedy relief and not a serious main character, and she killed him by EATING him because she's a cat and he was a mouse. The two are incomparable.
PF chars

--Phoenix

PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

ChewyChewy wrote:I have it on good authority that Rick said he wouldn't do something like that.
Yes, that would a great deal MORE terrible than death.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

keep in mind there are multiple parts of a soul, and I imagine fate would probably be the least important part, so missing that part would just leave that feeling of "I should be doing something right now, but I can't think of what it is" that we all get sometimes when we forget what we're supposed to be doing. not worse than death.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:keep in mind there are multiple parts of a soul, and I imagine fate would probably be the least important part, so missing that part would just leave that feeling of "I should be doing something right now, but I can't think of what it is" that we all get sometimes when we forget what we're supposed to be doing. not worse than death.
But then what would be the point of this whole arc?
PF chars

--Phoenix

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

this is hypothetical whether or not Bino would smash it if he knew what it really was. it's likely that he won't actually be able to smash it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Red Ryu

Post by Red Ryu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:keep in mind there are multiple parts of a soul, and I imagine fate would probably be the least important part, so missing that part would just leave that feeling of "I should be doing something right now, but I can't think of what it is" that we all get sometimes when we forget what we're supposed to be doing. not worse than death.
I like this.

A lot of people can learn something from this arc, King, Bino, Fox, it depends where it goes. I'm very curious seeing as this is a very negative turn of events.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:this is hypothetical whether or not Bino would smash it if he knew what it really was. it's likely that he won't actually be able to smash it.
THAT I could believe, that he might not be able to. Like the One Ring.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Someone who was a complete comedy relief and not a serious main character, and she killed him by EATING him because she's a cat and he was a mouse. The two are incomparable.
I know, I was just being silly. Don't worry. :D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I say the hammer will bounce off of the watch, and Bino will have hit it so hard that it hits his head when it bounces.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Koda

Post by Koda »

I kinda want Grape to come in and attack Bino. That would fulfill like six of my wants for this arc.
yuki wrote: It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.
valerio

Post by valerio »

And why is everyone thinking King has manipulated Sasha? He asked her help, in the limits he couldn't say who is under his fur, and she accepted either out of friendship (King being SPONTANEOUSLY nice to her, twice at least, remember?) or gratitude.
Also, Sasha has proved to have her wits (the gift arc) and to have grit (right in the latest comic), and at times she dumped Bino for Fido (Nple date arc), so...is it so terrible the idea she might be helping King knowing what she's doing, even if she couldn't be told King = Joel? Give her some credit, folks!
Koda

Post by Koda »

Agreed. Joel may be a terrible person, but King's not. He seems to truly like Sasha, and the feelings are probably mutual. Sasha knew what she was doing, there was no manipulation.
yuki wrote: It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Koda wrote:Agreed. Joel may be a terrible person, but King's not. He seems to truly like Sasha, and the feelings are probably mutual. Sasha knew what she was doing, there was no manipulation.
Joel IS King. Joel is NOT a terrible person, just an easily manipulated, passive-aggressive person.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Vyath

Post by Vyath »

ChewyChewy wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:this is hypothetical whether or not Bino would smash it if he knew what it really was. it's likely that he won't actually be able to smash it.
THAT I could believe, that he might not be able to. Like the One Ring.
Image haha, this is a win. However, I don't think the watch is indestructible, that would be a bit anticlimactic.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

King is a good person because he is cute and cuddly and I ship him frighteningly in fan fiction.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Joel is a former criminal, per the comic. Even not knowing that Joel is King, Bino would tend to assume Sasha was manipulated. I've never implied that King forced Sasha to do anything. He did get her to engage in a morally questionable act (which actually serves as a reminder of his troubled past). Whether she knows that King is Joel is irrelevant to the question of whether it's okay to steal from even a jerk like Bino.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Dissension wrote:Joel is a former criminal, per the comic. Even not knowing that Joel is King, Bino would tend to assume Sasha was manipulated. I've never implied that King forced Sasha to do anything. He did get her to engage in a morally questionable act (which actually serves as a reminder of his troubled past). Whether she knows that King is Joel is irrelevant to the question of whether it's okay to steal from even a jerk like Bino.
Heh, i remember when *I* was so black&white-ish over Joel in the Sinister Shadow arc. And i was rightly called 'pesky'...
surrender, Bino fans! Ye shall not overcome, and the meanie hound will get his retribution, one day...
Koda

Post by Koda »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Koda wrote:Agreed. Joel may be a terrible person, but King's not. He seems to truly like Sasha, and the feelings are probably mutual. Sasha knew what she was doing, there was no manipulation.
Joel IS King. Joel is NOT a terrible person, just an easily manipulated, passive-aggressive person.
I disagree, King is a better aspect of Joel. Technically, they're the same guy, but King seems to be a better Joel.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So basically cuter is better? :P
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Koda wrote:I disagree, King is a better aspect of Joel. Technically, they're the same guy, but King seems to be a better Joel.
Technically we haven't seen enough of Joel to make that call.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Daggy

Post by Daggy »

UPDAAATTTEEEE

FIDO TO THE RESCUE

BINO BEING A JERK

ALL IS WELL

Fido looks super buff in panel 4
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Why is there an apparent need to point out that a muscular character continues to be drawn that way?

Also, Sabrina continues to be amazing. *giggles*

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sabrina scares me now.

Awesomely.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

I meant that his stance and the lighting make it stand out far more than usual.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Why can I not see this update...?
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Panel 3 is funny I wonder how Sabrina would go about doing that exactly. I can't wait for Wednesdays comic its gonna be great.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, NOW I've seen it.

Sabrina scares me now....

Bino is REALLY mean and spiteful.... (Spo's not much better....)

And why did Fido call King a PUP?
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix