Proposal: Housepets fanart video compilation (contribute!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Frooxius

Proposal: Housepets fanart video compilation (contribute!)

Post by Frooxius »

Hello,
In case you didn't know, I've created the most viewed Housepets fanart video with second one on the way (but don't expect it that soon, I've got other things to do, plus I have graduating exams (at secondary school) right now and I basically have no motivation to do it other than desire to get rid of some ideas in my head by making them reality and believe me, it takes a lot of work to make the video, if you don't want just some stupid slideshow with unrelated music... Image), but I have proposal for another one, because I have the idea for some time already.

There's surely a large collection of various Housepets fanart and what I would like to do, is to sum it up into visually interesting video (so not just dumb slideshow of pictures that takes 5 picoseconds to create Image), which would basically show the work of the community around the Housepets webcomic in a single video (which would be however longer than the Housepets theme video) and it would be form of an fanart itself.

So why am I proposing this? Well because if I'm going to make this, I need permission from everyone, whose work will appear in the video, plus some highlights of works, that shouldn't be omitted there, because they're one of the best (but that doesn't mean I'm going to reject the worse ones). So if you agree with this and you've created some fanart you would like in the video (you can even pick which ones you want to show and which ones you don't want to show), then simply post links to fanart you would like to be included in the video.

If you need any reference of my video-editing (and graphic-editing) skills, watch the Housepets theme videoand my recent short movie.

Also, don't expect it to be done soon too, since I don't have time for it right now, but I will later, in about a month or less, which should be also enough time for some fanarts to gather for the video. Image

I know that most of you don't like me and I don't like you, but I'm not going to ridicule your work on purpose anyhow if that's what you're worried about... if I wanted to do that, I would just do it without asking and it's not something I would ever do for any reason, it's just too low and stupid. And as for why I'm doing this... well I got the idea for some time now and when idea sticks in my head it just drives me crazy if I don't realize it and I've got plenty of such ideas... but I'm getting rid of them one by one.

It's not guaranteed that I'll do it (that would happen only if there won't be enough contributions), but all you have to do is link fanart you would like to have in the video (yours own please, you can't give permission for somebody elses art can you?), I'll do the rest.

If you don't think it's a good idea to make such compilation of community's work or that it's bad idea that I would do such thing, then say so and I'll deal with it somehow. Image
Last edited by Frooxius on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Zander

Re: Proposal: Housepets fanart video compilation

Post by Zander »

That sounds like an awesome idea x3

I'm seriously looking forward to this!
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Well there won't be nothing to look forward to, if nobody submits anything I can use in this (did you read the whole thing?)
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Cool. Image

Also, you (everybody who wants to contribute) don't have to limit yourself, contribute as many as you wish, the more the better, or the merrier, as the barn cats would say. Image

Anyway, let me also use this opportunity to stress the fact that Housepets theme video has currently over 9000 views (which is unmatched by any other video with Housepets) and it's constantly growing (and it hasn't even been promoted officially anyhow) and this proposed fanart video made out of other fanarts might get into similar numbers.

That might mean, that if you don't contribute, you might loose chance to get your (nick)name and of course your contribution to the Housepets community memorized in a huge compilation (assuming there will be enough contributions) of community/fans visual work over the time the comic exists and of course, make it promoted almost without a sweat (now I feel like some person from marketing department Image ). All you need to do is provide link to what you want me to include and permission to use it.

Everyone will be credited, including (nick)name and even a website URL if he wishes to (for example to DA gallery so viewers may view the art when it's still).

You can also suggest others work, assuming they'll give permission. My goal here is to collect most of the fanart from everyone who contributed over the time.

Again, if you need some reference to my previous video-editing work, I find these two the most exemplary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAIPezSwVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxMa-rlZA58
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Zander

Post by Zander »

Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Frooxius

Re: Proposal: Housepets fanart video compilation (contribute

Post by Frooxius »

Good, thanks, anyone else though? Just two people are not enough at all and it hardly shows the work of community over the time.

If anyone's reading this, who made some fanart and choose not to contribute, can you at least explain why? Because I'm not sure if people don't want to contribute for some reason (which is weird, because all you have to do is provide a link to your work if you want to appear in the video, so it's not much effort on your side, but there may be other reasons I'm not aware of) or that they don't know what's this all about (something is unclear to them) or if only two people who made some fanart read this so far.

Maybe if I could propose this also on the HP group on DA... Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Will be looking forward to this too. Will be interesting to see the (possible) result. (un)Fortunately I don't do art(anymore <_<), and thus I can't(won't be able to) contribute anything. So I guess I can only just wish you luck with this, and hopefully encourage you(to do it) and other people to contribute. (please contribute or die :3...nah not really :P)
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

You can use my stuff if you want, I don't mind.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

EvanAierkan: great, but I need links, where I can find the art you want me to use. It's better if you (and everyone else) provide them, because I don't know all the places, where people have their fanart stored and I might oversee some good pictures and on the other side, I might include something you don't want to be included. :)

ReCreate: well if you created some Housepets fanart, you can contribute it even if you don't draw anymore
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Frooxius wrote:EvanAierkan: great, but I need links, where I can find the art you want me to use. It's better if you (and everyone else) provide them, because I don't know all the places, where people have their fanart stored and I might oversee some good pictures and on the other side, I might include something you don't want to be included. :)
I don't really have that many pics done yet but when I'll do more I'll upload them to the gallery. Just check for stuff uploaded with my profile. For example: http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/ga ... age_id=139
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Frooxius wrote: ReCreate: well if you created some Housepets fanart, you can contribute it even if you don't draw anymore
Oh, Well of course. But for the record, I never did. (just so that you don't think that i have and am too lazy to post. <_<)
no longer active, sorry
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

EvanAierkan: good thanks, but I'm asking for links, because some people might have it on DeviantArt, Furaffinity and so on.

Anyone else though? It's still very little. And as I already said, can those, who read this and choose not to contribute at least say why? Lack of information is killing me.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

At this rate, there won't be any video. Don't tell me, that from 191 views this topic has, only three people had something to contribute (yes, I know, it counts several views from one person, but it's still more). Seriously, I take ALL fanart, everything, old new, professional amateur, elaborate quick-doodle...

Also I ask again: could anyone, who reads this and chooses to not contribute for some reason, at least say why, so I know that some people do not with to contribute? Otherwise I'm blind here, I don't know if everyone would contribute, but doesn't read this yet (which doesn't seem that much probable to me now) or they don't want to contribute for some reason, which I don't know, because all you have to do is just put a few links to something you already created (and if you create something new, you might add it later).

I'll probably go later and ask some people directly, but I can't possibly myself ask everyone individually, because I don't even know everyone individually, so any help appreciated, assuming you want the video to be made.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but from the looks of it, This isn't getting the required attention to work. It needs to be advertised on the community more..somehow. Perhaps you could go on to DA, where a lot of the art is, and ask there too.(if you haven't already)
(and you probably know why I haven't contributed, so no need to explain on my part)
no longer active, sorry
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I guess I could contribute. It would only be a couple amateur drawings though.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Well, he said anyone can contribute. From ametur to profesional. But you need to actually post links to what you want to contribute in your post.
no longer active, sorry
valerio

Post by valerio »

I can't contribute on the basis that i am a writer, not an artist.
Sorry.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Cwitt: That it is completely perfectly absolutely utterly entirely fine! You don't need to be Picasso to contribute fanart :-)

ReCreate, Valerio: well it's obvious, that if you have nothing to contribute, that you can't contribute, but some people make visual fanart and so far only three (possibly four) contributed, which seems a little too few, compared to the amount of views this topic has, so I think it's highly probable, that some people, who have something to contribute, read this, but didn't contribute for some reason. I might be wrong, but I don't know, that's why I'm asking. Anyway, I'll probably go to the DA with this too, or there won't be any video.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I saw this when I was at school today and read through it. I do not check this section of the forums much at all, so it is lucky I even knew about it. It may help if it might be in a more open section of the forums, but I know you can't since it kinda fits in here. ;<
I can not draw at all, so I have nothing to contribute unfortunately, but if you want me to, I can ask my brother if he is willing to show off his work.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Sorry, I was busy for a while I I didn't have time to check, I'm going to capital tomorrow, then present my project at expo next day, then I'll go home and I'll have more free time, so I'll start working on some videos, but this has still very little contributions, so it might help to spread it a little bit, assuming you want that video to happen.

FlintTheSquirrel: What's "more open section"? But the biggest problem is, that it quickly gets pushed down, so people probably don't notice it when nobody contributes. But asking others would be great! Image

Just a little technical though: could you use darker orange color? Because this one is too bright and doesn't have enough contrast against the background (brightness difference is 90, when it should be at least 125, ideally much more) and it's more difficult for me to read it (I wear glasses), I have to focus more and it's certainly not pleasant, not to mention that it slightly hurts other people's eyes too (without them realizing it) because their eyes have to focus more, it's something similar to reading at dark, doesn't help eyes either. You can check if the contrast is enough on this website:
http://snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Just be sure to mention where the original sketches came from. ;)
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Just be sure to mention where the original sketches came from. ;)
of course Image I try to give credit where credit is due
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'm up for drawing some stuff.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Coatl_Ruu: Of course, everyone will be given credit in the video, in fact, his name will appear together with his work(s), instead of the end credits. One of the reasons of proposal is to highlight the work of community.

Anyone else though? This is definitely not enough, I'll try to ask in the Housepets DA group.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

While I'd love to help out with this, I haven't drawn anything Housepets!-related yet.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Anyone? So far, this is hardly enough for a video, if you know any good artworks and you can help in asking others, I would appreciate it.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
lightwolf21

Re: Get your Housepets fanart promoted for free!

Post by lightwolf21 »

Not sure if this is a dead thread or not...having not gotten a reply for over a month but I'd like to contribute some art if you're still doing this Frooxius. :3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

It's dead unfortunately, because people don't want to contribute or ignore it for some other reason... I have no idea, nobody wants to say anything, so I'm blind... They probably think I would screw it up and show their work in bad light... I don't really know at all... if you want to promote it on your own and ask them, then go on, maybe you'll have higher success in convincing them than I had.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

To be honest, I somehow missed this thread, so I wouldn't know. But I think the main reason is that self-promotion is somewhat of a taboo (sorry, can't think of a softer word atm) among artists, especially since many of them are either still learning the ropes and getting comfortable with draeing (like me) or just don't feel that their works are good enough to be featured. That's my two pence's worth of thought, anyway...

But, if you're still up for this project, Frooxius or anyone else, I'll contribute some of mine. It's a pity to let such a great idea be shelved just because people don't feel like contributing...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

It's not self promotion, I'll be doing the promoting :D Not to mention, it will all together be promoting something that most people here like: Housepets webcomic. And as I already said, I really accept anything, no matter if it's Mona Peanut or Grapedoodle.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh, ok then! =3
Maybe the thread title could be changed though, since that was exactly what I thought reading it: self-promotion.
Something like "Housepets fanart compilation effort" or something, I dunno... Make it sound more like a contribution effort (though I have no idea what's that supposed to mean =w=)

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Well it was "Proposal: Housepets fanart video compilation (Contribute!)" before, but it got little response, so I changed it, because I figured that it might be more appealing when people can get their work promoted for free, but now I changed it back, though I doubt it'll do much Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

eh~ Sure why not ^_^ Here are 2 of my favorites i Did. I have more on my DA Account, but These are my 2 favorites

http://jake-is-pro.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d48oypa
http://jake-is-pro.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d48oymw
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

And here's mine, I'll just give the link to my dA page, and you're free to take anything you need there X3

Just take what you need from here =3