MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Zack_the_husky »

It was a fairly warm day in Grand Castilia. Most of the ponies were out and about, enjoying each other's company. Lightbulb, however...He was a different story. He was currently in his house, trying to think of how he would spend the day. "Hmmmmmmmmm...I could help Cupcake with her baking today...Nah, she's probably still alittle upset about what happened to her electricity last time...Maybe I could visit Cookie. Nah, she said she was helping a friend today. Hmmmmmmmmmm...OOO! Maybe I could visit Penwright! I'm sure he could use some help with one of his stories! But, first, I've got to feed Gunthrie..."

A few minutes later, Lightbulb arrived at Penwright's frontdoor. Knocking with one of his hooves, he said, "Penwright, are you there? It's me, Lightbulb."
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde stretched and yawned, this was turning out to be a long day. Most of the other Pegasi that worked on the Powders' Farm were out of town for vacation on, what was supposed to be a blustery weekend. It was a good thing Clyde was born in Castilla, otherwise he would have been out of town too when the weekend came around with hardly a breeze. There was no way the other six that had stayed could have kept all six windmills going, not since they usually worked in pairs on each one. He planted his hooves firmly, and flapped his large wings slowly, creating a heavy gust with each beat. He was starting to get tired when he heard the bell ringing, the day was finally over. He smiled as Miss Powders trotted out to the field. "I can't thank you all enough for all the help you have given me today. I would be way behind on my orders if you had not come in today."

"We were glad to help. If there is no flour, then there are no customers. And without customers, we would be out of work." Clyde chuckled in his deep, resounding voice, the others laughing at his joke.

"Either way, I couldn't have done it without you, so you will each be receiving a bonus this week. Now go home and rest, you have earned it." Everyone cheered and began heading their seperate ways, when Clyde remembered his saddlebag was still in the barn. He opened the door and saw Miss Powders putting on a harness to one of the flour wagons.

"And where do you think you are going at this hour, Miss Powders?" Clyde asked.

She turned and smiled, "I have to make a delivery to Cookie Cutter's tonight. I was going to do it earlier, but things were just so hectic today."

"Now now, there's no need for you to go out of your way for that, we live a few houses appart, so it's on the way home for me."

"But, Clyde, I couldn't ask you to do that! Not after I worked you so hard today."

"No, you couldn't. Which is why I'm offering to do it. You need to rest as much as any of us do, seeing as you have an entire farm to run and I just make it cool off." He said with a smile as he put his hoof on the harness.

She laughed, "Alright, I can tell when I'm beat. Thank you."

"You can't beat me when it comes to being stubborn, I'm 1/16th mule on my father's side. I will see you later, Miss Powders." He said with a bow as he trotted towards home.
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Somewhere deep within the Everfree forest...

A hooded pegasus pony moved through the woods, seemingly unafraid of anything in the woods, but hurried, just in case after a thousand years, a few more hours might make some difference. At last, the pony came to an ancient statue of a unicorn, it's whole body contorted in pain and terror. She gasped a little, a bit surprised at the sight of what she'd done so long ago. Princess Luna pulled off her hood, cringing as she looked at the terrified image of her long-petrified former student... "Hateful... I'm so sorry... I..." He couldn't hear her. He wasn't even aware of his surroundings... she hoped...

Luna lowered her horn, closing her eyes and whimpering as she concentrated her magic on the statue, "Please don't hate me, please don't hate me, please don't hate me..." Slowly, the millennium-old curse that she'd used to punish him began to undo itself, starting with his hooves and working its way up
Hateful Shade gasped, nearly falling over as he tried to regain his balance, still in a moment which had happened a thousand years before. He cried out, "SELENA!! PLEASE!! Whàt? Huh?" He was suddenly confused...
"Hate! I'm so SORRY! I should've listened to you and... and..." She was at a loss for words.
Hate didn't mind, but instead immediately reared up and threw his arms around her to give her a hug, "'Tis alright Selena! I am only glad that you finally saw the light of reason, and perchance now can we get back to our lives in Cànterlotte..." Hate spoke in an older dialect of Equestrian, not yet realizing that it had died, and that Selena was not speaking it. He looked around, letting go and replanting his front hooves as he noticed the changes that the area had undergone while he was stone, as well as the coating of dirt and moss on himself, "I say... How long did it take you and your sister to sort things out? It looks like I've been here quite some period..." he said, lifting and magically brushing off one of his hooves with a whisp of shadow...
"Er.. well, um..." she looked away, not wanting to tell him what had happened.
Hate looked at her, a bit more serious now, "What... Do not tell me... it took several years? What in Equistària did you do, fight a civil war?" He tilted his head, a bit unsure of the situation, "Um... Were you victorious?"
Luna cringed, now even a bit more uncomfortable with the information, "You've been here... a while..."
Hate's eyes widened, suddenly understanding that this was a serious issue, "Decades? You say I've been in that petrified state for several decades? Selena... Does my home in Cànterlotte still-"
"Longer." Luna cringed more, shutting her eyes tight and wishing she were somewhere else...
Hate's eyes widened even more, "CENTURIES? I've been petrified for HUNDREDS of years? Selena, are my mother and father still-"
"A thousand years!" Luna finally blurted, "You've been a statue for a thousand years!"
Hate's entire face widened up, his jaw dropping.
"I'm... I'm sorry! My sister looked for you, but when she didn't find you, she assumed you'd fled the country with the others, she didn't know you'd turned on me!" She fell to her knees, "I've been imprisoned for the past thousand years! I swear, even at the time, I never meant to keep you as a statue this long, I just..." She trailed off, unable to say anything else....
Hate stared at her, blinking for a few seconds in shock. He'd been gone for a thousand years, and there was no magic he knew of which could undo that. All the ponies he'd ever known, save for the few unicorns powerful enough to survive that long (namely the two princesses), were dead and dust. Finally, he straightened up, closing his eyes and sighing. He spoke calmly, "I forgiveth thee... Princess Luna." And with that, he turned coldly and walked off, leaving his former friend behind him, tears silently welling in her eyes...

==== In the present, several months later ====
Hateful picked his way through the Everfree forest, a small satchel of assorted fruits and roots hanging from his neck. He was out of view from any beaten path, but didn't seem to mind, instead idly singing a song to himself...
"I'm an evil enchanter, and I'm one evil dancer,
and if you look in my eyes, you'll find I'm one evil trancer,
and what will I do? Well I'll mix up an evil brew,
then I'll gobble you up, in a big tasty stew...
So, watch out!
"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun May 15, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

About a minute into Lightbulb's knocking the door to the two-story red and white house finally opened. The tall, lanky form of Penwright stood on the other side, blinking. He yawned and looked his visitor over, looked past him at the bright, awrm, cheerful day, and then back at Lightbulb."Oh, good morning Lightbulb. Or is it afternoon? I can't remember...anyway, come on in."

Penwright turned around and began trotting to his kitchen, allowing a look at the inside of his house for anyone looking. The first room into the building was the living room, in which sat a coffee table and couch to the right of the door and a massive bookcase to the left. Just past this bookcase was a door, leading to Penwright's workplace. Finally, whatever wall space wasn't taken up by the bookcase or the countless strange pictures and artifacts hanging from them could be seen as a dark red.

"Want anything to drink?" Pen called from the kitchen.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Lightbulb smiled when his friend answered the door. "Hey, Penwright. Um, actually, I think it's about 30 minutes til noon." After stepping into Penwright's, Lightbulb looked around. Same as always. After Penwright had asked what he wanted to drink, he said, "Oh, um, I'll have some lemonade, if you have any. So, you need any help coming up with any new story ideas?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie Lu pawed the ground, glaring at her brother, Joyous. He smiled; an evil smile.

"On your mark!" Her other brother, Cash yelled from the sidelines. "Get set!"

The other two Pegasus ponies, Pistachio and Tanner, jumped in, screaming "GO!"

Lizzie and Joyous were off like a hot; zipping through the air at top speed. Lizzie pulled ahead, then Joyous, the Lizzie, then Joyous then...Starry?

Starry! Lizzie crash landed seconds before she would collide the young filly, who was hovering casually in the air. "Starry! get out of the way!" She picked herself off the ground, trembling with anger. Joyous was already at the finish line, smirking at her.

Starry looked up hopefully at her older sister. "Can I race too, Lizzie?"

Lizzie stamped her feet angrily. "No! This is for older ponies, Starry. You could get hurt," she explained, kinder.

Before Starry could reply, Tanner added, "You have to have a cutie mark to race us," he taunted. Lizzie bucked him, but it was too late. Starry's big eyes had filled with tears.

"Don't listen to Tanner! He's just being rude," Lizzie said crossly. her words had no effect on the filly, who flew away sobbing. "Way to go, Tan. You made her cry."

Tanner, upside down after crashing into a tree, shrugged. "At least she's gone. Now you and Joyous can finish your race."

Joyous fluttered back from the starting line. He stuck his tongue out at Lizzie. "Too slow, sis?"

Lizzie glared at him. "Starry interfered so that race doesn't count."

"Excuses, excuses."

Lizzie's ear flattened against her head as she bucked Joyous. "We'll finish this later. I need to go find Starry and make sure she didn't do something stupid."

Cash nudged Tanner. "This smart-flank should do it, since it's hiss fault she's gone." Tanner nodded his agreement, kicked Cash for the name-calling, then took off, calling for his sister.

Pistachio checked his watch. "Yikes! I'll be late at the ice cream shop if I don't leave now!" He seemed very worried about his job. Being the second eldest, he felt the need to be responsible.

All of Lizzie's brothers worked in Cloudsdale; even Cash, who was a year younger then her! It was embarrassing to be stuck on the ground, when all her brothers had successful jobs in the sky. Joyous worked at the weather factory. Tanner was a Wonderbolt. 'Stach had an ice cream shop. Cash was an accountant, which always seemed weird to Lizzie. He was a filly at heart, and it was hard to understand how he could crunch numbers all day and have fun with it. "Can't you stay a little longer?" She already knew the answer, just by the looks on their faces. "Oh alright. I'll see you guys later then."

Each brother gave her a quick hug, then shot off into the sky. No wonder they had all wanted to be Wonderbolts; they were really fast! With a lonely sigh, Lizzie watched them leave. She didn't want to go inside; her parents would just yell at her for being mean to Starry. She felt horrible. Nobody other then Tanner liked being mean to the little filly, and it was even worse to watch her fly away sobbing. "Way to be a good sister," Lizzie berated herself. She hunger her head and walked slowly, not even sure where she was headed. Out of habit, she started walking to Penwright's house, feeling miserable.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo hit a few notes on his piano. "no, no, no." He muttered to himself, picking up a pencil with magic, he crossed out some musical notes on a piece of paper and jotting down a few to replace them. He played the new notes and was still not satisfied. He crossed those notes out and took a look at the paper, now covered in scribbles from a long mornings work. He sighed heavily. For him, playing music was easy, but writing it, not so much. He heard a loud grumbling noise, but couldn't find where it was coming from. After a minute of searching, he realized it was his stomach growling. He looked up at the clock and was shocked to find that it was almost noon! He had gotten up at 6 to play the piano and had neglected to eat breakfast. Crescendo obeyed his stomach, left the baby grand piano and carefully walked to the kitchen through the mess of crumpled papers and other musical items that made up his his music room. His kitchen was cleaner then his music room, with only a few dishes on the counter and some crumbs on the floor. He opened the first cabinet he saw with his magic. Empty. He opened the next one. Also empty. Two more empty cabinets later, he decided he would need to go to town to get food. He went upstairs to his bedroom, magicked his saddlebag on, went back downstairs, and stepped outside, the sudden burst of light making him squint. The white unicorn started on his way, determined to get some lunch.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate poked his head out of the bushes: he was at the road which lead from one of the farms back into town. He looked around a bit and noticed a rather large pegasus-pony walking back to town. He silently sunk back down into the bushes, turning into a shadow and sweeping out from under then and right up to the Pegasus's side, re-materializing there, with his face almost touching the pegasus's wing. "Those are some pretty big wings you got there.... Eh?" He looked up at the pony's face and grinned, showing his jagged yellow teeth.

(( I'm thinking that Hate just startled Clyde, as I don't think Clyde would've noticed him until he rematerialized... ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

After a moment Pen trotted back into the living room with two glasses filled with lemonade levitated in front of him. Setting them down at the coffee table he yawned. He then sat down himself. "No, no, I'm doing fine there...or at least I think I am. Maybe?"

The Unicorn did his best to smile at the other pony, before dropping some medicine tablets into his drink and taking a sip. "It's just my insomnia acting of again. Couple more days and I should be busy as a bee again...mmm...so how are you bud?"
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Using his own magic, Lightbulb brought the glass to his lips and took a drank. Then, he sat it back down. Looking back at Pen, Light said, "You have insomnia again, huh? I'm starting to think you should have either a doctor or somekind of alchemist help you with that problem." Then, after Pen asked him how he was doing, he said, "Oh, I'm fine, I suppose. I decided to come here to help you come with horror story ideas, but, you apparently don't need it. Anyway, apparently, everything's not going to be too hunky dorey for me, soon. Apparently, my mother is coming for a visit to Grand Castilia in a week or two."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie was halfway through town when she looked up again. Did she get lost going to Pen's house? That never happened before. "Nopony's every gotten lost going to their best friend's house," she mused, turning and shaking out her wings. She rose into the air and surged forward, flying at top speed, whizzing by Earth ponies and Unicorns and even other Pegasi.

She was nearly out of town, when suddenly a door opened, clipping her wing and sending her into another crash landing. Lizzie barely kept herself from hitting the ground too hard, but she couldn't help but roll until she came to a stop, at the hooves of a rather odd-looking unicorn and large Pegasus (Clyde and Hate). She got to her feet quickly, looking flustered, and pressed her wings close by her side. "Sorry," she said, "I almost crashed into you there!" She squinted at Hate, trying to figure out where she'd seen him before when it hit her-- he was that one creepy pony that lived in the forest! Lizzie wasn't scared of him, or at least she'd said she wasn't, but now that she was standing right in front of him she felt a shiver down her spine. "You're that one pony!" Lizzie exclaimed, studying him closely.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde's wings burst open as he cried out when a dark grey unicorn came out of nowhere right next to him. He instinctively went in to a defensive stance when the unicorn appeared, but began to calm down when he realized there was no immediate danger. When, in the very next second, a pegasus came out of nowhere and landed in front of him, making him react in the same manner as before. He glanced back and forth between the two of them, then looked up. "That's odd. I don't seem to recall 'raining ponies' in the forecast. Though it did call for heavy winds, so I guess you just can't believe what you read anymore." He chuckled as he leaned down towards the pegasus, "Are you okay miss?" He asked with a smile, "At the rate you were flying, I might have thought you were late for a meeting in Fillydelphia." He turned to the unicorn, "Ah, You are the fellow who lives in Everfree, if I'm not mistaken. I must commend you, I haven't met anypony who has been able to sneak up on me in quite some time."

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate knew the ponies in town typically thought of him as creepy, and thought this was funny, so he leaned in, grinning slyly at her and showing his jagged yellow teeth. "Why yes! I am indeed that one pony! How very perceptive of you..." He looked up at the pegasus, still grinning slyly, "And I was only admiring your wings: I like them. They're quite large and powerful looking, something I do like in a good pair of wings." He leaned in and looked at them a bit more, actually trying a bit to be more creepy, rather than less, as the town's ponies were always good entertainment...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Oh wow, tough luck with that, mate." Pen shook his head and sighed. "Visits from family are always such a bother for me...sometimes I think they-whoa!"

Pen's horn suddenly developed a white glow around it, with a similar glow coming from his eyes. Slowly he levitated from his seat and began floating to the door. He sighed and rolled his eyes, well-used to this routine. "Well mate, looks like my 'interesting stuff's about to happen somewhere' senses are going off again. Want to come along..."

Pen's voice faded away from hearing as he smashed through his front door and floated down the street.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Lightbulb seemed slightly surprised by the fact that Penwright had started levitating. But, of course, it wasn't unheard of for Unicorns to have their horns drag them along somewhere. "Well, at least THIS makes the day more interesting." He followed as fast as he could, trying to keep up with him.
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

(OOC: Oh Zack, sorry if I messed up. :( I had meant for the 'getting dragged away to events' thing to be somewhat of a common occurence, hence Pen's nonchalance about it. Oh well. Anyone else having fun yet?)
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie blushed at Clyde's joke. "I was just trying to get to a friends house-- and I hate to fly slowly," she explained. "But I'm fine. Just a scratch or too."As Hate leaned in, Lizzie shivered again, but when she spoke her voice was filled with awe. "You have some sweet teeth! How'd you get them so sharp?" She grinned at him, unaware that she was acting rather boyish. "Oh! Sorry, I must've left my manners behind. I'm Lizzie Lu, but you can just call me Lizzie. Everyone does." Lizzie smiled kindly at both stallions.

Lizzie suddenly looked past both ponies. "But, anyway, I have places to go and people to see." She shook out her wings again, hovering in the air. "See ya!" Then she was off, flying slightly slower, to Pen's house. She reached her destination within minutes. She was expecting to talk quietly about story ideas, but she wasn't expecting to nearly get run over by a floating Pen. "Whoa! Pen, since when can you fly?"

(Happy? She's away from Clyde and hate. The players don't have to divide out evenly ya know; two on two conversations get boring.)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Game wrote:(Happy? She's away from Clyde and hate. The players don't have to divide out evenly ya know; two on two conversations get boring.)
(( I didn't care, I just felt that Hate and Clyde hadn't had a chance to interact with each other, whereas Crescendo was alone with no pony heading his way. Hate creeping Lizzie away like that totally works for me if you want to do that, but Crescendo's still alone... ))
Hate grinned and watched as Lizzie flew out of sight: the town's ponies were quite entertaining to him. He turned back to the large pegasus, "Well then, since she's gone... I suppose you wouldn't have noticed me: I tend to travel in ways which are very quiet by nature..." he leaned in and grinned in the pegasus's face, "I see you don't travel by the wing much yourself... eh?"
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde was a bit surprised when Lizzie flew away suddenly before he was able to introduce himself. She seemed to be a bit put off by the unicorn, "Personally, I don't know how I couldn't have noticed you. you have an... interesting presence about you. As for flying, this harness is meant for ground use only. Though I suppose I felt it was a better day for a walk as well." He turned towards the unicorn and tilted his head, "But where are my manners? Hello, my name is Clyde, Clyde Gale. And you are?"

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Hate." he said, still grinning, "My name's Hate." He looked at the load that Clyde was towing, "And as for the packages..." a spark appeared at the tip of his horn, and out of it came several semi-transparent black ropes, much like little tentacles, which moved out to pick up the cart while detaching the harness from Clyde, leaving it entirely carried by Hate's magic, "You could just let me carry it... Clyde." he continued to grin, holding the cart in the air with his strange magical abilities...
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde was caught off guard by Hate's demeanor, which could best be described as 'aggressive'. He seemed to be trying to get a reaction out of Clyde. Whether it was fear, anger, or disgust, he couldn't tell. So he took a breath and smiled, "That is a powerful emotion you're named after, as well as an intimidating skill you possess." He said as he eyed the dark colored aura coming from Hate's horn. "Thank you for your help, I suppose I shall show you where this delivery goes then. Shall we?" He said as he began walking along side Hate.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate nodded, still smiling but no longer showing his teeth, "Yes, it is a very strange name for my parents to name me, but it was a naming convention in the family, and they kind of ran out of good ones when I was born. As for the magic, well, I have alot of raw power, and I had a pretty good teacher, if you know what I mean..." He'd implied something about his teacher in that last bit, but wished he hadn't, and looked off into the bushes for a second after he brought it up. His hold of the cart only faltered slightly when he lost focus on it, the tentacles somehow able to sustain themselves without much work on his part. He went back to the subject at hand, "Yeah, I haven't been to town in a bit too long anyway, so I might as well help you take this to wherever you need to go then maybe do some shopping for... whatever it is I shop for... ehh... heh heh..." It had occurred to him that he was pretty self-sufficient when it came to these things, so anything he bought in town was really just his own boredom with everyday life. He was glad he'd thought to stash some of his money away, as Celestia had emptied all of his official bank accounts at some point and the records were all gone anyway: the gold pieces he had left were enough to buy the occasional interest, but were only a small fraction of what he used to have, not that he'd ever planned to use it anyway...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"I'm not flying," Pen replied to Lizzie, not really surprised at all by her sudden appearance. Coincidental encounters were rather common in Grand Castilia. "I'm getting dragged along...with style!"

A few more seconds and he turned a corner, after which he shouted back to his two friends. "Oh hey, I know this street! This is where that musician likes to shop..."

Another few more seconds after Pen's voice had faded away from distance a sound like two ponies colliding was suddenly heard from around the corner, and Pen's voice rang out again. Oh hey, uh...musician. Fancy meeting you here."

[I hope my attempts at humor were successful.]
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo was walking in the direction of the market, at least he hoped he was. He was to busy looking up at the sky. Those clouds, I never noticed before, but they look like big cotton balls. Or maybe more like white cotton candy. Is it just me, or does the sky see extra blue today? Its like a-. He didn't get a chance to finish his thought. He was suddenly sprawled out on the ground. Ow. What hit me? He looked up and saw sort-of-white unicorn in front of him. "Oh, excuse me, and hello!" Crescendo said getting up "I don't believe I've met you yet. I'm Crescendo!" Crescendo said holding out his hoof. He was focused on the unicorn now, not noticing anything else around him or the other pony.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Light was still chasing after him. "HEYLIZ, NOTIMETOTALK, PEN'SGETTINGDRAGGEDBYHISHORN!" As he continued following Pen, he heard him say something about a musician. Musician? Oh, don't tell me... As he got closer he saw that it was indeed who he thought it was. Sighing, he ran over them and said, "Hey, Crescendo. Penwright here was getting dragged by his horn."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie snorted as she watched Penwright collide with the other pony. Her snorts began giggles, then into laughter that sent her failing on her back. "You really know how to make a first impression, Pen," she teased, walking over to him. "Nice ta meet you Crescendo! I'm Lizzie Lu, but everyone calls me Lizzie." She grinned widely at him. "Need some help?" Lizzie asked Pen, offering a hoof to help him up.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen blushed brightly at Lizzie's laughing, but took the offered hoof. With a grunt he pulled himself back to his hooves, whereupon he shook his head, blinked, and took Crescendo's offered hoof, giving it a quick shake. Afterwards he shot a half-hearted glare at Light.

"Why do you make it sound so...weird when you tell ponis my horn's dragging me around?"
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo shook the pony's hoof. "Did you say what your name was?" he asked the unicorn. He was still pretty oblivious, so all he could hear were grumblings in the background. The noise broke his focus from the pony in front of him and he looked over at the other ponies. "How long have you ponies been there? Did you say something?" He said, looking quizzically at them.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Goodbye, dear, and enjoy the cookies--but don't eat them all at once!" said Cookie, and she closed the door.

"Whew!" she whistled as she looked at the inside of her home. "Work, work, work, a pony's work is never done. Got to get things tidy."

She said this even though very little was out of order, but when she was finished she started to bake a pie with the leftover apples she had that hadn't been eaten yet.

"Oh, my apples grow in bushels in my orchard in the glen,
And everypony's welcome to a sample now and then.
The apple is the perfect fruit, you surely must agree,
For five seeds in a star is the surprise within to see."

She hummed the rest of the tune, as no one was around to enjoy it.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, like forever ago! You're that musician right?" She gave a good-natured grin. "I'm Lizzie Lu. But call me Lizzie. Seriously, I hate the Lu," she added. "Nice ta meet you 'Scendo!" It had only been a few minutes, but Lizzie had already found the new pony a nickname.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde tilted his head a bit as he walked, "I actually don't know what you mean. But, anyway, What is it like living in Everfree? I've traveled through Everfree on a few occasions, but everypony that I was escorting wanted to get out as fast as they could." He asked as he saw Cookie Cutter's house in the distance.
Last edited by BlueAnubis on Sun May 15, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate nodded, walking along towards the shop while ponies on the street stared at him and moved away, somewhat frightened by his dark powers. Hate ignored them, silently appreciating how peculiar they were: back in his day, this wasn't so unusual for a unicorn to just flaunt their powers everywhere. "It's not bad, actually. I mean, there's always the annoyance of predators and such, but once you're able to deal with them, they aren't much more than an occasional nuisance. Meanwhile, I like it because it's tranquilly deserted, so I can practice whatever magic I want without having to worry about bystanders, or the problem of effecting the weather which you ponies carefully maintain. Also, the princesses can sense powerful magic in the areas where they're stopping the flow of nature, so being in the Everfree Forest means they don't notice me and aren't constantly worrying about it..." He tilted his head back and fourth a bit before continuing, "I will admit though, it is a bit lonely out there at times, but that's why I come into town and chatter with ponies on the road like this: the company keeps me from going all cookoo out there..." he grinned, "And nopony wants to see me go cookoo..."
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde chuckled, but then something Hate said gave him pause. The Princesses? Princes Celestia and Princess Luna? Why would anypony want to purposfully avoid their notice? Actually, nevermind. That seems like the kind of thing I'm better off not knowing. So long as he does not get anyone hurt, I have no problem with it. He thought. "Well, I suppose everyone needs some form of pony contact, even if it's only once in a while. You can set that down now, we're here." He said as they stopped at Cookie's house. He pulled the chain to the doorbell and inhaled deeply, the smell of various baked goods floating through the air.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I meant to imply that he's mainly worried about them having to notice and think "What's that? Should I investigate or is it Hate doing magic over there?", just to be clear ))

Hate nodded, putting it down behind Clyde and using the tentacles reattaching the harness to him with a grin, "Oh look! You brought it all the way here, all by yourself. Isn't that a feat of strength!" The tentacles withdrew back into the horn, all of Hate's magic going out of sight before the recipient of the delivery noticed...

(( It's ChewyChewy's turn to play Cookie! ))
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde chuckled, but then something Hate said gave him pause. The Princesses? Princes Celestia and Princess Luna? Why would anypony want to purposfully avoid their notice? Actually, nevermind. That seems like the kind of thing I'm better off not knowing. So long as he does not get anyone hurt, I have no problem with it. He thought. "Well, I suppose everyone needs some form of pony contact, even if it's only once in a while. You can set that down now, we're here." He said as they stopped at Cookie's house. He pulled the chain to the doorbell and inhaled deeply, the smell of various baked goods floating through the air.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( I meant to imply that he's mainly worried about them having to notice and think "What's that? Should I investigate or is it Hate doing magic over there?", just to be clear ))

Hate nodded, putting it down behind Clyde and using the tentacles reattaching the harness to him with a grin, "Oh look! You brought it all the way here, all by yourself. Isn't that a feat of strength!" The tentacles withdrew back into the horn, all of Hate's magic going out of sight before the recipient of the delivery noticed...

(( It's ChewyChewy's turn to play Cookie! ))
Cookie heard the doorbell. The chiming always made her smile. "One moment, please!" she sang.

Setting aside her cleaning things (she always cleaned the front entry first in case of visitors), she looked at herself in the mirror to make sure she was presentable, then put on her best smile and answered the door.

"Well, hello there!" she said. "How are you ponies doing today? Come on inside and rest a spell, if you're not in a hurry!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde was made uneasy as Hate put the harness back on him, but before he could say anything, Cookie Cutter opened the door. He smiled, "Good afternoon, Cookie. Miss Powders said you were expecting some flour, so I decided to bring it over for you. Then Hate here came along and decided to lend me a hoof, or... horn as the case may be." He chuckled as he wrapped a wing around Hate, "I am not the kind of pony who shows gratitude by taking all the credit. That would be impolite. Besides, Cookie already knows me." He smiled and folded his wing back as he lifted the bags of flour out of the cart. He ducked as he walked through the doorway, then turned to make introductions. "Hate, this is Cookie Cutter, probably the best baker this side of Canterlot. Cookie Cutter, this is Hate, a new friend of mine."

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde was made uneasy as Hate put the harness back on him, but before he could say anything, Cookie Cutter opened the door. He smiled, "Good afternoon, Cookie. Miss Powders said you were expecting some flour, so I decided to bring it over for you. Then Hate here came along and decided to lend me a hoof, or... horn as the case may be." He chuckled as he wrapped a wing around Hate, "I am not the kind of pony who shows gratitude by taking all the credit. That would be impolite. Besides, Cookie already knows me." He smiled and folded his wing back as he lifted the bags of flour out of the cart. He ducked as he walked through the doorway, then turned to make introductions. "Hate, this is Cookie Cutter, probably the best baker this side of Canterlot. Cookie Cutter, this is Hate, a new friend of mine."
"Oh, how thoughtful of you!" said Cookie, taking the flour carefully. "Yes, I was indeed--starting to run out of oat flour. Well, wasn't that kind of him?"

She smiled at Hate--if she noted the oddness of his name she didn't show it.

At Clyde's intro, Cookie blushed. "Clyde flatters me," she said. "But I do my best, and I haven't yet heard complaints from anyone. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Hate."
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde was made uneasy as Hate put the harness back on him, but before he could say anything, Cookie Cutter opened the door. He smiled, "Good afternoon, Cookie. Miss Powders said you were expecting some flour, so I decided to bring it over for you. Then Hate here came along and decided to lend me a hoof, or... horn as the case may be." He chuckled as he wrapped a wing around Hate, "I am not the kind of pony who shows gratitude by taking all the credit. That would be impolite. Besides, Cookie already knows me." He smiled and folded his wing back as he lifted the bags of flour out of the cart. He ducked as he walked through the doorway, then turned to make introductions. "Hate, this is Cookie Cutter, probably the best baker this side of Canterlot. Cookie Cutter, this is Hate, a new friend of mine."
Hate sighed, he was just screwing around with them, actually, though he didn't want any credit... He looked over at Cookie, and gave a little wave, as well as a yellow-fanged grin...
ChewyChewy wrote:"Oh, how thoughtful of you!" said Cookie, taking the flour carefully. "Yes, I was indeed--starting to run out of oat flour. Well, wasn't that kind of him?"

She smiled at Hate--if she noted the oddness of his name she didn't show it.

At Clyde's intro, Cookie blushed. "Clyde flatters me," she said. "But I do my best, and I haven't yet heard complaints from anyone. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Hate."
"Yes, it's nice to meet you too, Cookie." Hate looked around, knocking the dust off his hooves on the doorstep as he stepped inside, "It does smell rather good in here... What are these fruits that I smell? There are too many to pick out an individual..." He smiled, looking down at the small satchel hanging from his neck, "Interestingly enough, I've been picking some fruits and berries of my own today..."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Yes, it's nice to meet you too, Cookie." Hate looked around, knocking the dust off his hooves on the doorstep as he stepped inside, "It does smell rather good in here... What are these fruits that I smell? There are too many to pick out an individual..." He smiled, looking down at the small satchel hanging from his neck, "Interestingly enough, I've been picking some fruits and berries of my own today..."
"What a keen sense of smell you have! That's an apple pie, and it's almost ready if you'd like some!" said Cookie. "Come inside and I'll make some tea, too."

She checked on the pie and put a teakettle on the stove.

"Really? What sorts of fruits and berries?" said Cookie. She could smell them but knew that some ponies like to show them off.
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Oh, you know, a few from the Everfree Forest: I live there, in case you haven't heard..." he put his head on the table and slipped the satchel off his neck, letting a few spill out. They were in bunches which were still attached to bits of stem, as he'd picked them by grabbing the stems with his teeth. He lifted his hoof to explain what the non-equestrian varieties were, "Well, those two you should know, Blueberry, Huckleberry, and Raspberry, but these other ones aren't found in Equestria. These ones are called Polkaberries, because of the polka-dots. They have a bit of a tart flavor, and I like them with other things." he pointed to a bunch of polka-dotted berries. "Now, these are Zanziberries, theyre kind of sweet, with a hint of sour flavor, I like them with the polkaberries." he pointed to a bunch of berries with zig-zagged patterns on them. "These ones here, those are called DEATH BERRIES, but that's just because of the skull-patterns on them. They're actually delicious!" he picked up the bunch of large, black berries, which had small pony-skulls on them, and popped them in his mouth, munching them down happily.