MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Alright...The first little MLP:FIM RP on this forum. This is going to start out as one town/city, and, possibly expand, so, anyway, moving on.

==== Rules ====
1. Try to keep it mostly happy. It's MLP, after all. Although, it's not like the show hasn't had other emotions, so, feel free to use other emotions, but, try to keep it mostly happy.
2. Try not to make offensive cutie marks...If you've read some of the comments on some of the MLP:FIM youtube videos, you should know what I mean. Heck, you should know what I mean even if you haven't.
3. For now, keep it to just ponies. And...Maybe pony-related species, too. Although...Eh, maybe two or three baby dragons could be alright, Possibly?

And, maybe I could add some more rules later.

==== Grand Castilia ====

Unlike some of the other places in Equestria, Grand Castilia is a bit more...Elegant and exotic. Although, not completely like that in it's totality, it makes up a large part of the community. At least about 40% of the large town is latin-based architecture-wise. Also, a fair bit of the ponies in the town have either Italian or spanish accents. Population-wise, the town's about 10% Unicorns, 30% Pegasus ponies, and 60% Earth ponies.

==== Character Sheet Template ====
Name:
Age: Just put what your character would be in pony years, for now.
Appearance: Try to make at least a paragraph long.
Personality: Try to make at least a paragraph long.
Cutie mark Appearance: Give us a general idea of what your cutie mark looks like.
Cutie mark Info: Tell us more about what the Cutie mark represents, and, how your character got it.
Other info:Tell us some more about your character.

Special: Just add up 42 points total.

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:
==== Current Residents ====
==== Former Residents ====
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:38 am, edited 11 times in total.
Penwrite

Re: MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia

Post by Penwrite »

[Okay, I hope I do this right, wish me luck.]

Name: Penwright
Age: 19 (note: I adjusted my age to better fit with the other characters.)
Appearance: Penwright is a rather tall but thin stallion. His coat is an off-white color, similar to the shade of aged parchment, while his mane and tail are lanky and black like ink. His eyes are a deep blue, with dark rings around them from on-and-off insomnia. He's a Unicorn.
Personality: Calling Penwright hard to get along with is an understatement. He gets worked up easily at jokes at his expense and percieved slights, and oftentimes goes off on his own to get away from others. However, he can also be a massive worry-wort, and if he thinks he isn't being a good enough friend he will go to great and often slightly crazy lengths to make up for it. He longs to write the Great Equestrian Novel.
Cutie Mark Appearance: a quill dipped into an inkwell.
Cutie Mark Info: represents his gift and passion for writing. Got it after writing a love poem to his first crush.

Strength: 4
Perception: 10
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 6
Intelligence:10
Agility:4
Luck: 4
Last edited by Penwrite on Fri May 06, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChewyChewy

Re: MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Post by ChewyChewy »

Oh dear...do you have to be familiar with that particular incarnation of MLP to be in this thing?

Not that I can join for another couple of weeks, but after that I'm free and I might be interested IF you don't have to be familiar with that particular incarnation, because I'm not.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

ChewyChewy wrote:Oh dear...do you have to be familiar with that particular incarnation of MLP to be in this thing?

Not that I can join for another couple of weeks, but after that I'm free and I might be interested IF you don't have to be familiar with that particular incarnation, because I'm not.
No rudeness meant, but isn't that enough time to get familiar?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

naylorfan90 wrote:No rudeness meant, but isn't that enough time to get familiar?
None taken, and no--I have school and church obligations.

Are there particular things unique to this incarnation that I would need to know?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Just put how old you'd think he'd be if he was a human.

@Chewychewy: Well...FIM isn't exactly like other MLP stuff, but, it might be similar enough. Well, may not all that much...Eh, anyway, just make an app whenever you're ready.

Edit before even posting: Well...Let's see...More comedy oriented, characters have personalities, and...Well, can anyone else think of anything that might make it different from other incarnations? Anyway, if you want to know more about this incarnation without actually watching the show, here's the wiki if you want. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pon ... Magic_Wiki
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Should I just make a character or two, and then just start the IC thread, despite there not being many people who have taken an interest in this RP?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Should I just make a character or two, and then just start the IC thread, despite there not being many people who have taken an interest in this RP?
I would worry about how long it would last if you did that. :?

I'm looking at the pilot episode, and it actually does look interesting. :) I still can't join until maybe next weekend (not the coming weekend but the weekend after), but I may well do just that!

What if I did a bio before then but you waited until then to start? By then you might even have more players.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

I guess we could do that.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

How's this?

Name: Cookie Cutter
Appearance: A regular pony, yellow with a curly brown mane and tail, each of which having a single darker brown streak. Her eyes are brown as well. She's slightly on the plump side, but this just makes her look cheerful rather than overweight. Wears granny glasses though she doesn't need them to see.
Personality: Very much on the domestic side, liking predictability in her life, and not thinking much of excitement--the only excitement she would ever want is a party, yet she is well-suited to that milieu. However, she is very resourceful and knows just what to pack for a journey, and just what others need at any given moment. Hence she would be good in an adventure, at least for keeping a level head, although she wouldn't want to go on one. She likes to cook (and to eat), and considers you a friend if you tell her your favorite dish. For her, food is the universal language. She is also fond of music and jokes, and gifts (giving and receiving). Also stories (hearing and telling). Though young, she is very motherly, especially towards those younger than herself.
Cutie mark Appearance: Two chocolate chip cookies.
Cutie mark Info: Represents her domestic personality and love of food, especially baked goods. Got it when she first baked for a party.
Other info: Cookie never knew her mother, and so learned from an early age how to keep house herself. She thinks her mother is dead, but doesn't know that in fact her mother is a princess who is deliberately keeping her daughter in the dark in order to protect her. The fact is that Cookie's mother is currently on the run from the law--exactly what this entails doesn't matter at this point because Cookie doesn't know any of it.

Perception: 8
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 4
Luck: 6
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Added her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ah, thanks! I was a little worried. I've only seen the two-part pilot, mind.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Good to have ya aboard, Chewy!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Would it be ok if I made a pony based on this?
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7815/raccoonpony.png
He'd be kind of crazy (like me!) and have magic that always worked but had chaotic means and side-effects, which he'd really enjoy.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Eh, why not? Go ahead and make his app when you're ready.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

naylorfan90 wrote:Good to have ya aboard, Chewy!
Thanks! :D
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Name: Lightbulb
Appearance: Light is kind of thin, even for a male pony. He has an electric blue coat, and, his mane is Icterine-colored. He has icterine-colored eyes, and, as for his mane and tail, well...They look as though they've been put through constant zappage. Also, he's a unicorn, and as such, has an electric blue horn on his head.
Personality: Lightbulb is what most people would call a literal 'Idea pony'. Most of the time, he's one the who'll come up with ideas. He can be a pretty happy pony. Although...He can become pretty unconfident when it even sounds like someone has doubts about his ideas. He's also pretty intelligent.
Cutie mark Appearance: Appears to be a lightbulb, with lightning bolt markings emanating from it.
Cutie mark Info: It shows that he can be a pretty great idea person. He first got this when he came up with a really great idea for his twelfth birthday.
Other info: Full real name is Lucian James Bulb(Although, he prefers people stick with calling him light bulb, for some reason.). His mother is a pretty decent-powered lightning mage. Lightbulb usually uses his horn to gather electricity from around him to increase his mental power to get greater ideas. He and his mother have a shocking amount of endurance when it comes to electricity. However, if he absorbs too much electricity, he ends up 'overloading', and acting crazy. He has a pet Eel he keeps at home.

Special: Just add up 42 points total.

Strength: 2
Perception: 7
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 9
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 4
Luck: 5
The Game

Post by The Game »

I'm going to give this a shot...

Name: Lizzie Lu Flyhigh

Appearance: http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1011 ... hegame.png

Personality: Lizzie is not afraid to speak her mind, but she does tend to bite her tongue to keep from saying something stupid. Lizzie is incredibly energetic, and it's rare to see her sad. She does tend to over think things though. Lizzie tries her best to be optimistic, even when everything around her is falling apart. She learned at a young age that other people do let you down, but you can't give up on them, no matter what. Her hobby, and way of coping with hard times, is to write anything from short stories to poems!

Cutie mark Appearance: Lizzie's Cutie mark is a pencil scribbling on paper. Note; The pencil is actually writing something! It writes "Live freely."

Cutie mark Info: Lizzie's mark shows her outlook on life. To live by her own rules, to her own words. To laugh with all her heart. To love like she'll never love again. To not be afraid to show who she is. She received this mark on an especially bad day, after being ridiculed by fellow filly classmates for a story she presented to the class. While she moped, she wrote what turned out to be her best work; a poem about how she sees life. After brushing away her tears- BAM!- she saw her Cutie mark!

Other info: Lizzie hates thinking that others may see her as weak.
She grew up with 4 older brothers, making her extremely competitive, and a bit of a tomboy.
Lizzie has astraphobia, fear of thunder and lightning, which is why she won't even flutter her wings if she sees a storm cloud. The only ponies that know why is her family-- and they never bring it up.
This may or may not come up; her brothers names are Joyous, Tanner, Pistachio, and Cash. She also has a much younger sister named Starry Night.

Special:

Perception: 7
Endurance: 7
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 8
Luck: 5
Last edited by The Game on Fri May 06, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Added Lizzie Lu. Well, looks like this thread is finally starting to gain more interest. ^^
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Don't know if I'll bother to use this at all, but for the sake of the ponies...
Name: Hateful Shade (Hate for short)
Race: Unicorn Pony
Appearance: Hate is a dark gray unicorn pony with a jet black horn and hooves, and a red mane and tail, all of which has been charred black for the most part and has the faint smell of brimstone. His teeth are sharp and yellow looking, the permanent result of some magic he did: he turned himself into a carnivore in the pony-griffon war. He's a bit on the small side for whatever reason, but is of otherwise normal looking build, if slightly lanky, as is common among nobility. His voice is a bit graty, and can sometimes shift to some strange tones and such when he feels like adding some sort of emphasis, though occasionally he also slips into using some very archaic phrases.
Picture: New Picture
Old Picture (Warning, large PNG!)

Personality: Hate is a bit reclusive, and sticks to his cave-home in the everfree forest Shade Manor, his ancestral holding. When he is seen though, he's friendly and nice, and doesn't seem to be that mean, if perhaps a bit abrupt and unkempt. He is quite mysterious, however, and hasn't fully revealed who he is or where he's from to anypony since he arrived in Grand Castilia has only revealed himself to a small group of "enemies" in Grand Castilia and the ancestral servants of his family who still live on the property. Hate has a liking for chaos and pulling pranks on people, especially the kind that play off of their own weaknesses, and are set in a way that anypony should be able to avoid them.

Cutie mark Appearance: Flaming anarchy symbol.
Cutie mark Info: Hate's talent is the creation of chaos, and as such, his cutie-mark is the Anarchy symbol, which is on fire, much like how his hooves sometimes catch on fire as part of his odd magical abilities. The story behind where he got it has Princess Celestia screaming while Princess Luna frantically tries to put out her flaming mane. Hate still maintains that it was her fault for startling them in the middle of rigorous practice.

Background:
Hate seemed to just show up one day in Grand Castilia, walking through town and somehow finding and fixing up a cave-home in the forest as if he'd lived there the whole time. Nopony had ever seen him before this, and no one remembers the Shade family, which no longer exists in the town anyway, having a son named 'Hateful'. He didn't seem like a bad guy, despite appearances, and tended to be helpful when ponies needed to interact with the Everfree Forest. At this point, Hate has a lukewarm relationship with the towns ponies.

It's rumored amongst the townsponies that Hate has a sinister past, possibly even a connection to the Nightmare Moon, as he showed up right after her release from her lunar prison. Hate doesn't seem to have any past whatsoever, and avoids details when asked, and no pony has ever bothered to pry. There's also a rumor that there are pictures of him in the abandoned manor on a nearby hilltop overlooking the town, also known as the House of Shadows Shade Manor.

In actuality Hate is really Hateful Shade, former heir to the lordship of Grand Castilia and notorious historical war criminal. He was turned into a statue by Nightmare Moon shortly before her imprisonment in the moon, then set free by Luna shortly after her return. He is somewhat insane from fighting in the pony-griffon way and the subsequent civil-war of Nightmare Night.

Magical Abilities: When Hate uses his magic, he's pretty good at it, though it has some odd side-effects which can range from flaming hooves to black tentacles to the whole area turning into a storm of darkness, depending on the power of the magic being used. He does have a few abilities which he's mastered enough control of to not have crazy side-effects, such as manipulating things with his tentacles, opening portals to places (though he can't specify where), teleporting known objects into his vicinity, and transformations.

Source of Powers: Hate's powers come from the fact that he's a living gateway to Hell, meaning that his magic mostly involves drawing energy directly from there and using it in this world. If he ever loses control of his magic he will become a living portal to Hell and release demonic entities into the world until a divine being intervenes. He also has a demonic companion: a Dreadlord named Kακοποίηση ("kah-koh-PEE-ee-see"), who so far seems to be genuinely helpful, if a bit of a dark influence.

Perception: 6
Endurance: 5
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 5
Luck: 7
By the way, you know Twilight and friends are age 16 to 22, right? Also, according to special, Pegasus and Unicorn ponies should be docked to 35 points, to make it fair to the Earth ponies who have to do more work.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Just because I'm having this be somewhat similar to PF, including the Stat system, doesn't mean I'm going to adopt the whole shebang.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok then, it's 42 now.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, um, how many players are we aiming for before we start?
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Well, we're going to wait until Chewy's ready to RP, the weekend after this weekend. Hopefully, we get some more people by then.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

If you end up getting a LOT of people and they get impatient, you can start without me and I'll join when I can.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Alright, then.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...You don't want to start screwing around before then? I mean, I'd actually like to try this now, you're bringing up my anticipation of RPing my character, and I don'twant to wait 2 weeks...
By the way, what's "Grand Castilia"'s equivilant of the Everfree Forest? (or is it just the Everfree Forest? As it's implied that that's a massive area) I want Hate to live there.
Also, CTC likes MLP alot, he even writes fanfictions. You should try and recruit him.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Eh, we could say their everfree forest is the everfree forest itself. Also, Ctc's already actually seen the OOC thread. I could ask him if he actually plans on making a character, though.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I have no problem waiting for Chewy to be ready. ^_^

In the meantime, are there any other rp details we should try to work out?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Any rules regarding the use of Magic? I should probably need to know this, as my character is a unicorn pony, and thus uses it for everything.
Also, where does everypony live? Like I said, Hate lives in a magically crafted cave somewhere in the Everfree Forest.

Edit: Noticed that Chewy asked how G4 is diffent, and if she needed to understand it. YES. It is VERY different from what I can tell, so you will need to be exposed to at least the first 2 episodes (Friendship is Magic, 1 and 2), then probably Cutie Mark Chronicles, because that explains a broad amount of stuff. FiM has a very intricate, detailed High Fantasy setting, based a bit off of the Elves in LoTR and the High Elves of Dalaran from Warcraft. Most of Equestria's environmental functions (such as weather and seasons) are controlled by the ponies, but in the areas outside of this land, like the Everfree Forest, nature runs itself. (which terrifies most ponies) Princesses Celestia and Luna are responsible for raising the sun and moon every day and night, and the pegasus-ponies make clouds, snowflakes, and rainbows in factories in the kingdom of Cloudsdale. (Pegasus Ponies have the racial ability to treat clouds as solid objects, which is why Rainbow Dash is the only one who can live in her cloud-mansion)

lol, that's alot of writing I just did.... Anyway, like I said, it's an intricate High-Fantasy setting, so you should probably watch a couple episodes before you start RPing...
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

whelp, I figured this looked like fun, so might as well

Name: Clyde Gale

Type: Pegasus

Appearance: Clyde is a big Pegasus. He stands about two hooves taller than most Pegasi his age and his wingspan is over six feet wide. He is navy and his mane and tail are black.

Personality: He is brave, kind and generous, always willing to help anyone in need. He often comes across as a "Gentle Giant", though that does not stop him from putting his hoof down when anypony tries to take advantage of him or anyone else.

Cutie Mark Appearance: A white shield with a tornado on it.

Cutie Mark Info: When Clyde was growing up, he was so large and his wings were too small, he was unable to fly. So, as a result, he would train constantly to build up the strength in his wings. One day, while he was training, he was surprised by a pony being chased by a manticore. Without a moment's hesitation, he jumped between them, blocking the manticore and allowing the pony to escape. after several minutes of fighting, Clyde was almost out of energy. So, in a moment of desperation, he planted his hooves firmly into the ground and flapped his wings as hard and fast as he could. the force of his wings was so strong, the manticore was lifted off it's feet and blown back into a tree, wounding and frightening it away. The shield represents his courage and willingness to protect others, while the tornado represents the sheer force he can create with his wings.

Other info: Clyde's father was an Earth Pony, so he was born on the ground and has never been to any Pegasus cities.
He works in a local windmill valley, providing extra wind to keep the mills working.
He has learned to fly, though he still prefers to walk most places, since he does not fly very fast.
He wears bracers on his legs that can extend spikes into the ground to give him extra traction when he needs it.

S: 10
P: 4
E: 9
C: 7
I: 5
A: 2
L: 5
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Added him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I like Clyde. He's a pegasus who makes tornados. :3

Edit: also, I don't think CTC is around: I've been waiting on him in BsM since last month...
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ughhh I'm starting to hate Lizzie.
Can I remake her sheet?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Game wrote:Ughhh I'm starting to hate Lizzie.
Can I remake her sheet?
...Why wouldn't you be able to? It's your character and she hasn't been played yet. I'd just do it...

Also, Use this to make your image -> http://derpyhooves.com/games/custompony.html It's G4 and has Pegasus and unicorn options.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
The Game wrote:Ughhh I'm starting to hate Lizzie.
Can I remake her sheet?
...Why wouldn't you be able to? It's your character and she hasn't been played yet. I'd just do it...

Also, Use this to make your image -> http://derpyhooves.com/games/custompony.html It's G4 and has Pegasus and unicorn options.
Too bad it doesn't have a male option. Plus how it works is kind of basic. *shrugs*
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I used a template, like these right here: http://mlplunareclipse.proboards.com/in ... page=1#198
If you have some ability with GIMP, they're better than the generators 'cause you can add custom things like fancy horns or jagged teeth. (that's what I did)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I used a template, like these right here: http://mlplunareclipse.proboards.com/in ... page=1#198
If you have some ability with GIMP, they're better than the generators 'cause you can add custom things like fancy horns or jagged teeth. (that's what I did)
I...have no idea how to use those, and I have no idea what GIMP is. :(
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...It's an Image editor... I'm suggesting you take one of these 6 images and draw in whatever features you want by hand.

Also, has anyone invited Pecan? I know he/she/whatever likes MLP...

Edit: Also, appreciate this, TheGame.
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1011 ... hegame.png
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri May 06, 2011 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

^^It's true, look at my tag vv
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!