My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Post by Sleet »

I'm only a fan of the new show, so I couldn't care less about the previous generations.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Respect your elders.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yesterday I'd have sided with Sleet, except earlier today I watched Rescue from Castle Midnight, and it was surprisingly decent. Awesome villain.

That reminds me. Rumor has it that next season of FiM will have a reoccuring villain.
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Cwitt wrote:So, me and my RL friend are making a website about ponies. Any suggestions?
What you probably should not have:
*an image database (bronibooru makes all other attempts irrelevant)
*a message board (I mean, why have one when there are several other places to discuss it and your viewership will likely be mainly people from this thread for a while?)

What you might want to do:
*kiss up to that guy who made Derpy Delivery for exclusivity for....something, I don't know
*make all page backgrounds pictures of Minty with socks
exranio

Post by exranio »

Machunk if the site has neither of those then what the heck are people supposed to do one it?
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I was actually thinking of auditioning for that.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

what happened with VG cats strip about my little pony remake? it's suddenly gone.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

exranio wrote:Machunk if the site has neither of those then what the heck are people supposed to do one it?
Actually, you're right about the forums. He would at least need those to precipitate content. The frivolousness of another image aggregator can't be disputed though. I'm guessing Cwitt doesn't just want to be a carbon copy of Equestria Daily or whatever, since if he doesn't have any deep connections he couldn't do anything they and dozens of other content aggregators haven't already done.

I think an editorial angle would be nice. There's an ever-growing world of topics to write about, including the My Little Pony franchise in general, Hasbro (including The HUB), the McCracken family, modern cartoons, the moral and other themes of the show, what the voice actors and the studio are doing outside of FiM, what the make-up of the fandom really means in a wider lens, etc.
Last edited by machchunk on Thu May 05, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

angelusbr wrote:what happened with VG cats strip about my little pony remake? it's suddenly gone.
Scott tends to take down strips he doesn't like, kupo. And that strip wasn't really very good anyway.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

machchunk wrote:
exranio wrote:Machunk if the site has neither of those then what the heck are people supposed to do one it?
Actually, you're right about the forums. He would at least need those to precipitate content. The frivolousness of another image aggregator can't be disputed though. I'm guessing Cwitt doesn't just want to be a carbon copy of Equestria Daily or whatever, since if he doesn't have any deep connections he couldn't do anything they and dozens of other content aggregators haven't already done.

I think an editorial angle would be nice. There's an ever-growing world of topics to write about, including the My Little Pony franchise in general, Hasbro (including The HUB), the McCracken family, modern cartoons, the moral and other themes of the show, what the voice actors and the studio are doing outside of FiM, what the make-up of the fandom, etc.
I do want to be different from the others. If I'm a copy, whats the point? I would just be doing what they already do, but not as well. However, I may not do very well at writing articles on pony related topics.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

Edgar Wright, the director of stuff like Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World and Shaun of the Dead, has posted about ponies on his blog! That's so awesome!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

naylorfan90 wrote:Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

Edgar Wright, the director of stuff like Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World and Shaun of the Dead, has posted about ponies on his blog! That's so awesome!
LINK. NOW!
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'd care a lot more if it was the writer of the original scot pilgrim graphic novel, but Shaun of the dead is good enough for me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

mariomarc wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

LINK. NOW!
Right here, kupo: http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2011/04/ ... ttle-pony/
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

exranio wrote:I'd care a lot more if it was the writer of the original scot pilgrim graphic novel, but Shaun of the dead is good enough for me.
he also made Hot Fuzz

thanks Sleet
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Isn't this totally awesome!?
james319

Post by james319 »

fffffffffffff YES.

been waiting for a thread like this for a while now XD Lauren Faust really outdid herself turning this cartoon around huh?
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

too bad the last episode of the season is today
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:too bad the last episode of the season is today
Indeed. It's going to be such a long wait! DX
exranio

Post by exranio »

james319 wrote:fffffffffffff YES.

been waiting for a thread like this for a while now XD Lauren Faust really outdid herself turning this cartoon around huh?
I wouldn't say the cartoon was bad before. To me something is only bad if it fails at its purpose. The old cartoons was made for two reasons. To entertain little girls and to make them buy merchandise. The little girls liked it and they bought the stuff. By those standards the show was good. Plus its not like anyone else was really supposed to like it. That would be like a teenager complaining about the quality of Bob the Builder.

But I digress. I'm looking forward to the new season because they're supposed to be adding a villian. I enjoy my villians.That and it means more chaos emeralds of harmony action.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Also some folks are working on a Mugen pony game. Image

thats just a drawing though. the discussion is here http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/3608.html
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

exranio wrote:Also some folks are working on a Mugen pony game. Image

thats just a drawing though. the discussion is here http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/3608.html
Two things. One, that seems like an incredibly unfair match-up. Second, what's Mugen? Third, anyone seen the new episode yet?
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

also next season Luna is finally going to return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPs_QXl3 ... ture=feedu
exranio

Post by exranio »

Mugen is a fighting game where people make characters and program them. It works basicly like street fighter. So you can literally anyone fight anyone as long as the characters been made. Mugen games are mugens made with specific settings. Its easiest to look up videos on youtube and you'll get the concept.

secondly its a fighting game threes no such thing as an unfair match up. Okay well there is in mugen cuase some people make unfair characters.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Fluttershy was my favorite part of the whole episode. Wasn't expecting her to snap like that.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

YOU'RE GOING TO LOOOOOOOVE MEEE!!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I loved Fluttershy, kupo! And I liked Mr. Cake and Spike. Ah, family-friendly alcohol. *giggles*
exranio

Post by exranio »

No one suspects the flutter inquisition.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

That episode was fantastic! And At the Gala is incredible! My new favorite song!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

was anypony else scared by Fluttershy?
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

mariomarc wrote:was anypony else scared by Fluttershy?
Yes, but crazy Pinkie Pie is still scarier to me.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Unless episodes are out of order it took a really long time for the galla to actually start. I mean who would give tickets almost a year in advance.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*bursts through the door*

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MEEEEEE!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What is she doing to that poor squirrel??!?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
exranio

Post by exranio »

Squirrels are tasty don't chya know.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Why are the nice ones so scary when they get mad!?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:What is she doing to that poor squirrel??!?
Oh man, we'd show you the next few frames, but they aren't forum appropriate, kupo!