PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Hypergenesis »

No problem, glad to see your excitement to post as well.

Also for those who had their character sheet approved, be sure to post that character sheet in the Main OoC if you haven't done so yet.
It's kind of a rule to do so.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Actually, Nitz does have a point. 5 (6 if Theo also decide to take the "moved in" route as well) people who moved in at the same day and at the same time seems a bit funny. Why not have some to be a normal resident? Or someone who moved in a little while ago? Also, 6 new families who treat their pet as child... That seems a little unorthodox for YsF too.

I am not saying you all have to change, but you got 5 days, why not add some diversity? If anyone needs it, Bullet could be your friend. For example your character already met with Bullet before. I believe the same goes for the other residents of YsF as well. Or you can coordinate with the other new players as well. (Almost) sky's limit, really.
Hypergenesis wrote:Also for those who had their character sheet approved, be sure to post that character sheet in the Main OoC if you haven't done so yet.
It's kind of a rule to do so.
Yeah, normally you post a character sheet in the main OOC, THEN you put a link to it in the PF OOC. But I guess it is not too important and it is already done...
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Oh, I've coordinated some movements with Brendy and TMH. You can see our background! xD We three have parents working in a video games corporation!
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mystic Wolf wrote:Oh, I've coordinated some movements with Brendy and TMH. You can see our background! xD We three have parents working in a video games corporation!
Right! We could have had the company move recently.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Mystic Wolf wrote:Oh, I've coordinated some movements with Brendy and TMH. You can see our background! xD We three have parents working in a video games corporation!
any way my characters can get in on that. the family is rich and could be investors, and my trainer/older brother could take a job there.(this would explain a move from Alaska to YsF)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
any way my characters can get in on that. the family is rich and could be investors, and my trainer/older brother could take a job there.(this would explain a move from Alaska to YsF)
You are all missing the point, the problem is 6 people moving in at the same time, and all with "child-like" pets rather than "pet-like" pets. Which kind of defeat one of YsF's trademark setting.

Again, I am not asking for a total change. But can you at least try to adjust to the setting? Or at least put some time between each moving in? Instead of using a collaborated background, which I wasn't aware of until now, to work around the setting?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Aquablast wrote: all with "child-like" pets rather than "pet-like" pets.
mine was a sled dog. If you know anyone who puts their child to work pulling a sled through the Alaskan wilderness, you should probably report them.

also, his relationship is less "child-like" than it is "sibling-like." It's based on trust, like letting a shepherd dog loose among the flock, which is "pet-like."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

mine was a sled dog. If you know anyone who puts their child to work pulling a sled through the Alaskan wilderness, you should probably report them.

also, his relationship is less "child-like" than it is "sibling-like." It's based on trust, like letting a shepherd dog loose among the flock, which is "pet-like."
Yours is fine actually, but don't get all excited about joining the video game company, because that wasn't what I meant when I said "coordinate".

Additionally, being in the same company doesn't mean you automatic arrive at the same time as your coworkers, especially not 6 people who happen to move in at the same time.

The same time thing can be easily solved by having some of you arriving a bit earlier, and "look! We work at the same place" isn't the reasoning I want to hear.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I'll wait for the morning to come, my intro is actually written for that time of the day (like 10 to 11 AM)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Aquablast wrote:

Yours is fine actually, but don't get all excited about joining the video game company, because that wasn't what I meant when I said "coordinate".

Additionally, being in the same company doesn't mean you automatic arrive at the same time as your coworkers, especially not 6 people who happen to move in at the same time.

The same time thing can be easily solved by having some of you arriving a bit earlier, and "look! We work at the same place" isn't the reasoning I want to hear.
that wasn't my reasoning for the move, just an explanation of why they would move to YsF if they were all the way in Alaska. If he doesn't work at the company, he can get a different job. maybe running a pet Athletics store. (but, being rich, I think Spike could still possibly already know Arin)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:that wasn't my reasoning for the move, just an explanation of why they would move to YsF if they were all the way in Alaska. If he doesn't work at the company, he can get a different job. maybe running a pet Athletics store. (but, being rich, I think Spike could still possibly already know Arin)
That wasn't my point either, he CAN also work for the video company, but I was just making it clear that not all of you HAVE to work for the company, or even need an elaborated reason to move in. In fact I wasn't sure why you people even brought up the background for moving in, I was talking about the timing of moving in.

My problem is with 6 people moving in around the same date, which makes it look funny. I would be fine if some of you moved in earlier (like a week ago), and some of you moved in 3 days ago, then some of you moved in tonight, while some of you moved in tomorrow. That would definitely sound more natural than 6 people who moved in around the same time.
Sindorei wrote:I'll wait for the morning to come, my intro is actually written for that time of the day (like 10 to 11 AM)
So if Varg is moving in tomorrow, some of you should have moved in days before. Instead of bunch of people moving in at the same date.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I think I'll go with the pet athletic equipment store. If YsF recently went pet-friendly, it would make sense for a pet-friendly store to move in soon afterwards, making the timing believable.(I don't know, maybe the VG store can be pet friendly as well, allowing the pets to play games when their owners don't let them play because they treat them like pets. unless that would nullify the whole concept, in which case, that would not be a good plan.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I think I'll go with the pet athletic equipment store. If YsF recently went pet-friendly, it would make sense for a pet-friendly store to move in soon afterwards, making the timing believable.(I don't know, maybe the VG store can be pet friendly as well, allowing the pets to play games when their owners don't let them play because they treat them like pets. unless that would nullify the whole concept, in which case, that would not be a good plan.)
By "recently", it actually meant a few months ago (that was when the PF laws were introduced). So if a PF store wanted to move in as soon as possible, it would have moved in the last month or 2 months ago or something. Which will indeed solve the timing problem.

As for the VG store, it is a matter of (pretended) business decision. Known fact is that very few pets in YsF get video games, and now a good amount of pets are still being adjusted, while some still view their pet as pet. But new customers (namely from the influence of the newly introduced PF laws) could appear, so it pretty much a gamble whether or not to open a VG store. Of course, the pets aren't the only one playing video games.
The Game

Post by The Game »

If you want, I can have Alana be more pet-like to change things up...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Aquablast wrote:By "recently", it actually meant a few months ago
It probably takes a little while to do all the paperwork and open up a shop. plus the time the news of the pet friendly city would take to work its way up to Alaska means that Spike may have taken maybe two months to actually move to YsF and maybe spent a week helping to unpack boxes in the shop. that would mean that now would be around the time he'd get out and experience his new home.(unless, of course, you actually switch seasons on us, meaning that more time has passed)

now, a logistics questions:do I add the shop description to my character sheet?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Ookay.. So I think I opened a bomb o 3o..
Tha Housedog wrote:
I don't like to ruin any of the introduction posts readied at this moment, but wouldn't it be more rational to believe the game company expanded instead? Either way, unless all three families related to the company have equal standing within the position, or probably belong to the same division, then it would be unusual for them to have to move in at the same time seeing as relocations are often gradual and an expansion would usually have a high ranking official on site earlier with only a handful of highly skilled workers to train new workers which would be hired.
Aquablast wrote:By "recently", it actually meant a few months ago
It probably takes a little while to do all the paperwork and open up a shop. plus the time the news of the pet friendly city would take to work its way up to Alaska means that Spike may have taken maybe two months to actually move to YsF and maybe spent a week helping to unpack boxes in the shop. that would mean that now would be around the time he'd get out and experience his new home.(unless, of course, you actually switch seasons on us, meaning that more time has passed)

now, a logistics questions:do I add the shop description to my character sheet?
Well, seeing as you have decided on opening a store then I would say you should, unless you haven't planned on opening it yet which wouldn't require you to put up the store details just yet.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

That's a good idea.
...Now I have to think of a company name. x3
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Ok, then I'll change my intro. What about this?

I came some months ago, and my parents's corporation expanded, so new employees are coming (and our parents's boss, Brendy's parents). I'll go to the park to find new friends, but I'm too shy to speak with anyone so I took my father's gameconsole BETA to see if there is any bug (and not being bored). One thing, can I be Bullet's friend?

What do you think? This is only an idea.
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Moon Howler

Tha Housedog wrote:That's a good idea.
...Now I have to think of a company name. x3
How about Nova Entertainment?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

NovaGames, Ltd.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Mystic Wolf wrote:Ok, then I'll change my intro. What about this?

I came some months ago, and my parents's corporation expanded, so new employees are coming (and our parents's boss, Brendy's parents). I'll go to the park to find new friends, but I'm too shy to speak with anyone so I took my father's gameconsole BETA to see if there is any bug (and not being bored). One thing, can I be Bullet's friend?

What do you think? This is only an idea.
A tech type = w=. (Not implying anything)

Well until the part about Bullet (only Aqua could decide on that) I don't really see anything wrong with that.

Somethings to take note of, Bullet is kind of a housepet, i.e. one that doesn't go out on his own much, prior to PF and has had that trait he's just growing out of (correct me if I'm wrong). So being his friend would highly depend on the situation.
1) If you live in the same apartment, maybe the same floor, then it would be easy to be friends.
2) A chance encounter, but you two would have to talk about how that happened.
3) Store buddies, you go to the same store at the same time (LoL)

just some possible option IMO.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Ok, thank you for the ideas! I'll speak with him about that.

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Moon Howler

Hypergenesis wrote:A tech type = w=. (Not implying anything)
What do you mean by that?

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

The Game wrote:If you want, I can have Alana be more pet-like to change things up...
My issue is more with the timing of moving in. I just prefer you don't move in at the same time as the others. When it is two people, it is "coincidence", three people it is "funny coincidence", four people is "something's wrong there".
Mystic Wolf wrote:One thing, can I be Bullet's friend?
What Nitz said is right, Bullet is pretty much a housepet who adapted a lot to human culture. But if your character has moved in at least a week ago, they might already have seen each other. If a months ago, they might know each other. To Bullet, anyone he knows is his friend.
Hypergenesis wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: now, a logistics questions:do I add the shop description to my character sheet?
Well, seeing as you have decided on opening a store then I would say you should, unless you haven't planned on opening it yet which wouldn't require you to put up the store details just yet.
You should add a shop description and housing plan if you have one. But you can also simply open the store and fill out the detail later. Descriptions like these are nice to have, but not necessary.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sindorei wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:A tech type = w=. (Not implying anything)
What do you mean by that?
A pet that's good at tech basically. I wasn't implying that anything's wrong with that, but it's probably something I'll be keeping a close eye on. My Cesium's a tech type too and from experience there is a limit to what technologies we can have so just a precaution, don't make something too advanced unless you get permission first.
because in my opinion some people are so slow in picking up somethings because they do not read the character profiles clearly before shrugging it off. Then later while you have your character in play already then they whine and complain which would give you problems.
Anyways back to the main topic at hand, YsF's technology is roughly at the same level at ours, maybe a bit more advanced, so try to stay within plausible limits.
The Sky's the limit because we can see the sky.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Oh, only looking for bugs doesn't mean that I know technology! I know a bit of everything, but I mean playing betas looking for typows on games, problems with gameplaying...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Right, those kinds of bugs..
Mystic Wolf wrote: my father's gameconsole BETA to see if there is any bug (and not being bored).
For some reason the capitalization on BETA made me think it was the name of the console itself thus making me think your character is either a coder or an electronics designer.

Anyways, no harm done in what I've said. At least it got out so that people would have one less reason to make absurdity |D. (Again, I'm not implying anything with this.)
The Moon Howler

Hypergenesis wrote:Right, those kinds of bugs..
Mystic Wolf wrote: my father's gameconsole BETA to see if there is any bug (and not being bored).
For some reason the capitalization on BETA made me think it was the name of the console itself thus making me think your character is either a coder or an electronics designer.

Anyways, no harm done in what I've said. At least it got out so that people would have one less reason to make absurdity |D. (Again, I'm not implying anything with this.)
Hey! My character lives with programmers. speaking of which, is it allowed for pets to know programming?

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Sindorei wrote:Hey! My character lives with programmers. speaking of which, is it allowed for pets to know programming?
Yes, but it is very VERY rare.

Edit: And by rare, it is an one-in-a-hundred-thousand kind of rare. A wolf pet is pretty rare too, like one-in-a-hundred. It is still possible, just remember too much coincidence will make things unbelievable. You don't want an unbelievable character, but I will let you draw the line yourself.
Last edited by Aquablast on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yes, pets can have a wide variety of skill from common everyday skills like housecleaning to complex unusual skills like lockpicking. Just compare it using the human years to pet years table. If you think a human equivalent pet of that age can do it then by all means do so. It's the privilege of being able to practice it is what's limited to pets.

Of course my above statement only applies to pets that meet the criterion for humans. A pet that has lived all its life in a traditional farm will not be a computer genius, even if he did have the books the application would still be different. Although having a high adaptability to computers isn't wrong for the same pet.
The Moon Howler

So, the end of the day will be at the end of the week, right?
and how will the night be?
and how will we enter, i mean in what order?

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I added a description of the store in Spike's character sheet. let me know if I need to change it or if the prices are too steep.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Ok, so let's sum up with the timeline...

A videogames corporation (Nova Entertainment or another name) expanded and needs new employes, so TMH will move day 3 to YsF, I moved here with my parents some months ago, and Tha Housedog came two months ago when their building was finished.

On the other hand, Brent came a month or two ago with his Sports store and The Game came some days ago.

Am I correct?

Edited: Tha Housedog info and the day of TMH's moving
Last edited by Mystic Wolf on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Here's some more info: after the new building was completed, Arin and her parents moved here. That was exactly two months ago. She's taken the time to wander just a little bit and is friends with Bullet.
The Moon Howler

And in the end, i will be the last one :D... fine by me

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Mystic Wolf wrote:so TMH will move day 2 to YsF
Um, this (in-game day) is the day 2 of YsF, tomorrow (in-game) is day 3. If that is what you are talking about.
The Moon Howler

Aquablast wrote:
Um, this (in-game day) is the day 2 of YsF, tomorrow (in-game) is day 3. If that is what you are talking about.
Oh god, Tomorrow? Oh noes, i can't tomorrow... or maybe i can, but it will be near the time of this post

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Sindorei wrote:
Aquablast wrote:
Oh god, Tomorrow? Oh noes, i can't tomorrow... or maybe i can, but it will be near the time of this post
No, I am not saying you have to post tomorrow.

I am saying the next in-game day is day 3. Day 2 is this in-game day. So if you want to move in in day 2, you should post before this in-game day is over. Unless I am misunderstanding you.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Tomorrow as in the next roleplay day. Not tomorrow as in the day you wake up to XD.
(Oh hey it got answered.)

Also, I'll say it again, but I don't want another summer day because it just reminds me of the heat here. So how about making the next day the fall turnover? (It's the time when summer ends and fall starts, lots of pretty red and yellow leaves that are about to fall.)

We kinda need a general cosensus if we are going to change the season. So just say if you want to keep the summer season or if you want to ready for autumn.
Yay fine print. This is what contracts do.
P.S. If you do not voice you opinions then you are defaulted to choosing the fall turnover in favor over summer.

Of course I'm kidding though, but I would really love to hear what people think about this change I'm proposing.

Oh if anyone is wondering, my characters have retired to their homes and can be considered in bed for this day. I'm just to lazy to even put up a standalone post.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I don't mind if the next day is not summer, I only want to roleplay :D

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image