iPhone
22%
Other
30%

Total votes: 54

Dissension

Re: DROID of iPhone?

Post by Dissension »

FarmMan1812 wrote:Just saying, you really can't say that you like one more than the other when you've have only used one of them.
No one is allowed to have an opinion unless they have experienced everything ever, because humans are incapable of deduction based on review of evidence and research.
FarmMan1812 wrote:4 me, DROID b/c that's what I have and I like verizon.
Indicating, in the context of your more recent statement, that you have used every smart phone on every mobile phone provider ever.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Iphone+Verizon= WIN
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

What would i vote for? :s
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Droid! No Iphone! Ugh! The Iphone doesnt have flash!
And don't get me started on Blackberrys, I had the Storm, I went through 3 of them, all the OS were unstable, and they always crashed. Had to take the battery out at least 3 times a day to reboot it for it crashing all the time.

The Droid X is the best phone I have ever owned. It has a lightning fast 1ghz processor which does everything I ask of it. The Internet browser is stable and fast, WiFi, Bluetooth, Built in free navigation GPS, Ive had it almost a year already with nothing going wrong yet (knock on wood). I just wish there was a physical keyboard on it, I could have gotten the Droid 2 if I wanted the keyboard, but I liked the massive screen on the X. Oh yeah, Angry Birds is free on the Droid ($ .99 on the Iphone)!!! Yay!
Leitrean

Post by Leitrean »

i have a pantech p4070
i pay 25 dollars a month for it without a contract
i can talk and text
what more do i need?
This is the first sig i ever made, used Gimp please be nice :3
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Wow! Thats a low price! (TV commercial, lol)

I wish my phone bill was that low! I would be a little shaky about the quality of the service though...

How is the service? I love my Verizon service, I have had only like 3 dropped calls in the last coupple years! I guess it could be because Im so close to New York City.
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

Dissension wrote:
FarmMan1812 wrote:Just saying, you really can't say that you like one more than the other when you've have only used one of them.
Dissension wrote:No one is allowed to have an opinion unless they have experienced everything ever, because humans are incapable of deduction based on review of evidence and research.
I know this post was kinda pushy, someone got onto my computer and started posting things under my account.
I managed to delete most of them except for this one.
Sorry about that.

The only reason I just noticed was because this thread, somewhat, came back to life.

On another note, I'm probably switching to the iPhone when the 5 comes out, only b/c Verizon has the iPhone now.
FuhrerVonZephyr

Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

Well, I HAVE a Droid, so...
Hey guys! I make art!
Leitrean

Post by Leitrean »

Shho13 wrote:Wow! Thats a low price! (TV commercial, lol)

I wish my phone bill was that low! I would be a little shaky about the quality of the service though...

How is the service? I love my Verizon service, I have had only like 3 dropped calls in the last coupple years! I guess it could be because Im so close to New York City.
My carrier is AT&T so i usually get good service around where i go day to day, but when i go hunting out in backwoods areas i dont get service but it's not important then.
i bought a pay as you go phone for $50 its a nice phone, and i buy $25 pay as you go cards each month then just buy then 1000 message plan for $10 and then i have $15 dollars left to do whatever i want with which equates to 150 minutes a month, i dont use my phone very often so it's perfect for me.
i was thinking of switching to virgin mobile which has pay as you go phones for $25 bucks a month but you guy, 300 minutes, unlimited messaging, web, email, IM, facebook, and all that other good stuff and i hear good service also, the only catch it you have to buy one of their phones which range from $50 to $200 dollars for the phone but you can get a nice phone with the android 2.2 software for $200 and get unlimited access on it for $25 bucks a month no contract so it's technically the cheapest android phone you can get.
This is the first sig i ever made, used Gimp please be nice :3
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

I did hear that virgin mobile service is pretty good. My friend uses it, and he hasn't had any problems with it...

Anyways, I don't think anyone can get decent reception - or any reception deep in the woods, so don't fault your service for that! Haha...

Now that 4G is out, that will soon be all the rage. Though, as of now, they don't broadcast it in all over to even need it yet! They don't have coverage in my area, suprisingly! Im not even 15 minutes from the George Washington Bridge!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Two years later, I now actually have a smart phone. I've also owned several Android tablets and have fiddled with a Windows RT tablet at work.

I'm still in the "Other" category. = P My phone is an extremely awesome Nokia Lumia 822 which, of course, runs Windows Phone 8. I haven't owned an Android phone or one running the iOS, but I think my tablets give a pretty good indicator of the performance of Android. Based on this, I'm of the opinion that they all do pretty much the same thing, for most users, and that the OS of your phone is largely a matter of personal preference. I hadn't considered Windows Phone till a couple of days before I bought one. Picking one up in the Verizon store and experimenting for several minutes helped me decide I like WP8 a bit more than Android. The user interface is pretty cool. The app store isn't as massive as those for iPhone or Android, but it did launch with many times more apps available than those platforms. Some analysts predict WP8 will soon make up 10% of the American smart phone populace. I can see why. Is it for everyone? No, but I certainly encourage people to give it a try.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well I moved out of the other category and I have a Droid.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Neither. Too desperately poor. :cry:
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have Android. This was my first smartphone and it has served me well, but it's almost time for a change. My two year contract it almost up. If I can, I may actually put a little money into my next phone. The one I have was "free" with the discount we get on our new phones after two years. It's alright, but I've seen some that are a lot better and would probably last me more than 2 years easily, so it would be worth it if I had to spend $50 or so on my next phone.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Android:
Samsung Galaxy GT-i9000 running Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly (Android 4.2.1 Jellybean)
Sent from my conifer.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Android. I had an iPhone once and I never want to do it again. Currently I have Sprint's Motorola Photon. It's been pretty good but I wish the battery life were better. And the camera SUCKS.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I've heard some good things about that phone.

Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

I've used them both, but I like the iPhone better.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I've heard that a lot of people who use the iphone, then switch to an android like the android better. But I'm not sure how true that is. I don't remember where I heard it.

I know I won't be getting an iphone anytime soon for the simple reason I rarely ever see one in mint condition. There is always some crack on the screen, or if it is in good condition, then it has a lousy phone cover that is brand new but already broken somehow. Plus I don't like how they look in general.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I totally love the iPhone, but I am not willing to pay $50 a month for data when I always carry my iPod Touch and there is wi-fi everywhere nowadays.

I am the proud owner of a bulky Verizon Samsung Brightside, with its terrible camera quality and all.
The internet (when I had it for all of a month) and camera are terrible, the user interface is slightly atrocious, the internal software is so 2007, and I kind of hate my phone in terms of aesthetics, but it works dang well.
I get great signal and call/text quality, it's extremely rugged and durable (I accidentally kicked it like a soccer ball one time and it still works perfectly), and it's easy to use. For the amount of money I'm willing to pay, I'll take my ugly phone.

And yeah, I've also never gotten to play around with a Droid; everyone here owns an iPhone. The exposure to Android might have the potential to change my mind one day.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I realised how easy they all were to break (slight nudge and costly bill in 3...2...1...) and now I carry around one Brick of a 1990's Nokia. It has the only things I need and is useful as a hammer/weight or emergency glass breaker. :lol:
These aren't the droids your looking for. :)
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:I realised how easy they all were to break (slight nudge and costly bill in 3...2...1...) and now I carry around one Brick of a 1990's Nokia. It has the only things I need and is useful as a hammer/weight or emergency glass breaker. :lol:
These aren't the droids your looking for. :)
I've always found this to be appropriate:
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... r1_500.jpg
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

I don't have a smartphone. To be honest, I find them all a rather little expensive. I'll just stick to my Sony Ericsson T715 which I've had since 2008.

Although it usually takes about 10 attempts just to switch it on as the power button/end call button is slightly broken, it does phone calls and texts, which is what I use it for so I really don't know what more I need. :P.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

I own a LG Nexus 4 Running Android v4.3

Best phone ever..
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Iphone.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Beagle wrote:I totally love the iPhone, but I am not willing to pay $50 a month for data when I always carry my iPod Touch and there is wi-fi everywhere nowadays.

I am the proud owner of a bulky Verizon Samsung Brightside, with its terrible camera quality and all.
The internet (when I had it for all of a month) and camera are terrible, the user interface is slightly atrocious, the internal software is so 2007, and I kind of hate my phone in terms of aesthetics, but it works dang well.
I get great signal and call/text quality, it's extremely rugged and durable (I accidentally kicked it like a soccer ball one time and it still works perfectly), and it's easy to use. For the amount of money I'm willing to pay, I'll take my ugly phone.

And yeah, I've also never gotten to play around with a Droid; everyone here owns an iPhone. The exposure to Android might have the potential to change my mind one day.
That's why you save up, buy one without a contract, and take it to MetroPCS. They'll do unlimited data for $40-60 per month all fees included. (Amount depends on data throttling for LTE. $40 gives you 500MB/mo, $50 gives you 2.5GB/mo, and $60 gives you no throttling, unlimited full speed.)

I've determined that if you choose an ecosystem, you have to accept that the price of switching ecosystems is having to re-buy any paid apps. That includes most likely losing any progress in games.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Seems I voted way back then and didn't say a thing. I moved from Droid to other! As much as I like having a smart phone, it's just so costly for someone that hardly talks to anyone using the phone feature. I settled on the cheaper option with a non droid tracfone.
Make Pasta not war.