A Housepets' Christmas Carol

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Karl

Re: A Housepets' Christmas Carol

Post by Karl »

Go for Oz ;) You will bring back my childhood memories.
I'm a bookworm!
Cory

Post by Cory »

LOOK A NEW FAN! Very well written, I like it. Keep it going. ;)

oh, and DETECTIVE SPO!!! :o :o
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh, yeah, I was doing this, wasn't I? :lol:

Sorry about the wait, guys, but I got into a bit of a funk and, well, it's over now. Expect a new update Tuesday. For real this time.

Yay! A new fan. I am always happy to see that! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Bino

Post by Bino »

I'm pretty sure WoZ wins!

And woot! New update! I can't wait!!!!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I vote for the Wizard of Oz. I like what you are doing so far, your updates are worth the wait.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Cory

Post by Cory »

Wizard of Oz and THEN Detective Spo? [*puppydog eyes*]

Either way it's no doubt gonna be awesome. 8-)
Bino

Post by Bino »

Copper you didn't give up on this did you?!?
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

NO WAY!!!

I just keep getting distracted by all the shiny things...

Ooh! Look at that! *runs after a firefly he saw out his window*

I happen to have half of the next update written. I will write the rest of it soon, alright? Just have a little more patience, Please?
My characters
Bino

Post by Bino »

alright, just making sure you didn't forget about us here!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Alright guys. Sorry about the month long wait. Let's just say Spring is not my time of year. In fact, I will prove it mathematically. Bad Sinuses + Severe pollen allergies+ Sinus infections = A very unhappy Spring for Copper!

Crap…. It was all Fido could think as he felt his heart sink. He just stared at the black cat as she rose from her bow and looked at each of the faces before her calmly. For a moment as she looked in Fido’s direction, their eyes locked, and he was surprised to see her display no emotion at all. Nothing in her face changed except for a small smile that appeared as she looked toward Peanut and spoke.

“Tarot has been expecting you for some time now. She is still communing with the spirits right now, so if you will please follow me, we can wait for her in the living room…” Sabrina spoke with a soft yet firm voice. It was a voice of gentle command; one Fido knew well. It almost insisted that they follow her as she turned around and walked into the interior of her and Tarot’s shared home.

Fido couldn’t help but stare at Sabrina as they followed her through the twists and turns of her odd home. He just couldn’t shake the feeling of nervousness from earlier. He was still shaking slightly from the stress of being at the front door. Now being in his secret girlfriend’s home for the first time was putting him back on edge. Sabrina seemed to be calm, but that just made Fido even more nervous. He could never read her, so he didn’t know what she thought about him suddenly showing up. He was so nervous, in fact, that he accidentally kneed King in the back as they walked.

“Ow! Hey! Would you watch where you’re going!?” King said grumpily as he rubbed the small of his back. “Me being small is no excuse for you to just bowl over me like that! What’s wrong with you!?”

“Oops! Sorry King. I guess I am just really tired. I just got off from patrol, and I could really use a nap about now.” Fido said quickly.

At the mention of the K9 unit, King went wide eyed and turned around so fast he almost fell a second time. “No problem,” He mumbled “Just watch where you’re going next time.”

They journeyed in silence for a couple minutes, lost in the spell of the ever winding path before them, until Max broke the silence and spoke up. “Hey, uh, Sabrina? Shouldn’t we have gotten there by n-“

“Would you please hold your questions until after I have started the water for the tea, Maxie?” Sabrina said in her voice that insisted upon itself, again commanding full attention. “All of your questions will be either answered or forgotten by the time the water has boiled.”
Max looked as though he had a riposte for Sabrina, but quieted down after she shot him a glance. Fido couldn’t help but notice that her eyes wandered his way as she turned back around with a satisfied smile on her lips.

“Ah! Here is the living room!” Sabrina said with some satisfaction in her voice. “I was wondering where it got to.” She went to a red door on her left and opened it, revealing a very normal looking room with matching blue couch, love seat, and chair arranged around a large circular coffee table. The table itself had puce cushions for pets to sit on placed around it on the floor. There was no television, but it did have many rather large bookshelves with mysterious looking occult books filling them.

Peanut would have a field day reading all of those books! Fido thought to himself, watching Peanut stare awe struck at the number of new books before him. That naïve grin of his seemed to raise Fido’s spirit a bit and break him from his nervousness for the moment.

“Please sit down on the cushions. I will be right back, I just have to put the water on the boil,” Sabrina bowed and left the three dogs and Max to figure out the seating arrangement. As it turned out, King would sit between Fido and Peanut, with Max on Fido’s other side, and a vacant cushion was left out for Sabrina between Peanut and Max. Fido noticed that he was directly across from Sabrina as he took his seat.

The group of males had just settled down when Sabrina returned from her errand. “It is good to see that you are all settled in.” Sabrina said to them, “And it was awfully nice of you to leave a cushion out for me. Thank you for that.”

“Now,” Sabrina said as she settled down, “The pot will take ten minutes to boil. You may ask me any questions you like in that time, and I will try to answer them the best that I can.”

“Yeah, I have a question for you!” Said an annoyed Max, “How big is this place? We must have walked a mile in that hallway. I don’t ever remember your place being that big!”

“Oh, maxie, you should know the answer if you have come to us for help.” Said Sabrina with a cheshire grin that mimicked Max’s almost perfectly. “That ‘hallway’ was nothing more than a gateway to other dimensions. Did you not notice that the door to the living room was the only one in it? The distance to that door was so great because we were all being distracted. If we had focused on the living room, the door would have appeared before us a long time ago. Those doors just love to move around!”

“okay….” Said Max. “But what is a dimensional por-“Max said, but was cut off once again by Sabrina.

“Oh, Max; if you don’t already get it you never will, so please don’t harp on it. Are there any other questions I can answer please?” Sabrina said in a brusque tone.

“Yeah, I have one” Fido said a little nervously. “How did you know we were coming?”

“Well, Fido,” Sabrina said as that Cheshire grin returned, “Tarot said that a very strange group would be heading our way this afternoon, and be prepared to meet them…”

SMACK

Fido’s hands hit the table hard as he felt something brush up against the bottom of his outstretched footpads. It was just a light brush, but he knew that something had touched him. What the heck was that!? Fido thought as everyone’s attention once again turned to him. Oh no…

He had just noticed Sabrina looking at him with sparkling eyes and a mischievous grin. He knew that look. It was the look she got when she wanted to have fun. And like all cats, her fun involved messing with others.

“Fido, are you sure you’re okay?” Peanut asked as his head cocked to one side. “Maybe you should go home and rest. We can probably handle this.”

“Yes, Fido, are you okay?” asked Sabrina in a mock worried tone. “I hope you won’t leave. Tarot wanted all of you to be here when she came.”

Fido felt Sabrina’s tail brush against his footpad again, this time slower. It was tickling him. She’s not going to stop…. Crap.

“Y-Yes, I am okay, just almost fell asleep again. I should be fine… *snrk*” Fido managed to spit out before Sabrina’s tail went by his foot again.

“If you say so Fido. Maybe the tea will help perk you up.” Sabrina offered before continuing with what she was saying. “Now, tarot said that a group was coming while she was busy with the spirits, and to show you here for tea while we waited for her.

“Yeah, you said something about the spirits before. What exactly is she talking to them about?” asked King a little frightened. He still remembered the last time he met the Cosmic entities, including the Kitsune’s warning to the Spirit Dragon about helping King out.

As Fido tried to stifle a laugh from Sabrina’s constant attacks with her tail, she answered King’s question. “Well, King, I have no idea. I assume it has something to do with why you all are here. She is never this long with her meditations, so it must be very important.” Sabrina smiled watching Fido squirm.

“Hey!” said Peanut quietly, his eyes a little downcast, “Do…Do you know why we are here?”

“No, Peanut, I can’t say that I do. Tarot didn’t mention why you all were coming, just that you were.” Sabrina was a little shocked at seeing Peanut so down, but she soon recovered, and wore her grin again as she asked, “Okay now, what else have you got to ask?”

But Fido didn’t hear that query. He was in agony as Sabrina’s tail swiped again and again at his feet, each brush by sending more waves of ticklishness to his brain. He had been prepared at the academy for almost everything, but this tickle torture was beyond anything he imagined could happen. He had a stony countenance on the outside, but on the inside he was cracking up. The need to laugh was building up, pushing Fido’s limit. He was about to explode any minute now. Please… Fido thought as he looked at Sabrina with whimpering eyes. Please stop this!......... I can’t take much more of this….. Please, something, anything, make this stop!

PHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

“Oh! The tea kettle! The water must be ready!” Sabrina jumped up and headed for the door. Fido was quietly thanking whatever had made that happen and promising to do it a favor later.

Sabrina stopped at the door and turned around to look at Fido. “Fido, would you mind helping me carry the tea tray in here? A good walk and some tea would be just the thing to wake you up.”

“Sure thing, Sabrina,” Fido said immediately getting up to help. “I’d love to!” He wanted to say something to her alone, and this was the perfect opportunity.”

Just as Sabrina and Fido closed the door, they heard Max say “goody goody Fido off to help again!”

Fido was surprised when he saw a slate grey door in front of them. Sabrina just opened it to reveal a modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a faux marble countertop.
As soon as the door closed Fido started in on Sabrina. “Sabrina! What were you thinking! You could have exposed us! You have n-“

Fido was interrupted by a passionate kiss from Sabrina. When they parted, all Fido managed to say was “ABAH FLUBBA WHAAA?”

Sabrina giggled. “Oh Fido, would you calm down? Tarot told me you would be in the group, and to be prepared. I was going to ignore you for the most part, you know, go through the whole routine, but when I saw how nervous you were at the door, I couldn’t help myself! You set yourself up for that!”

“It wasn’t funny to me.” Said Fido, “But you more than made up for it just now! Where’s Spo? I thought for sure he’d pop his head in and ruin everything.”

“Oh, I put him down for a while. The little guy was as tired as you when he got here. You know, you really could use some tea,” Sabrina said as she placed some cups, the tea kettle, and some tea bags onto the tea tray along with some sugar and cream. “You really did look tired in there.”

Fido just laughed for a second before answering, “After all of that tickling, I don’t think I could go to sleep if you tried to make me! Now come on,” Fido said as he picked up the tray, “Let’s head back in their before they wander if we got lost in that hallway of yours.”

A short walk to the living room later, and Sabrina and Fido joined the rest of the group. Fido gave everyone a tea cup with a tea bag in it as Sabrina followed with the kettle, pouring the hot water over them. A few minutes of silence followed while they drank some of the tea.

Peanut was the first to speak up. “Hey, Sabrina. Do you know if Tarot is going to help us?”

Sabrina opened her mouth, but was interrupted by a voice from the door.

“I think I can answer that one, Sabrina,” said a golden Pomeranian who was lazily leaning against the door jamb.

It is so much fun messing with Fido! :lol:
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I should so starts reading fanfics again.
I don't even remember why I quit, I just did. ^_^
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do, starting with chapter 3 of this. :3
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Oh mi gosh! The messing with Fido made me laugh! :lol:

Nice long update, copper! Wasn't sure when I'd see the end to that one! :D

I hope the summer treats you better, my good friend.
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

copper wrote:Alright guys. Sorry about the month long wait. Let's just say Spring is not my time of year. In fact, I will prove it mathematically. Bad Sinuses + Severe pollen allergies+ Sinus infections = A very unhappy Spring for Copper!
Aww! *hands copper a box of Tish, you! for what it's worth* Here's hoping you're already feeling better or will recover soon!

Anyway, Fido/Sabrina is awesome of course(I like shipping; can you tell?) and seeing Fido uncomfortable is fun. But seeing Bino in a nasty, karmic predicament will be much more enjoyable, methinks. ^^
valerio

Post by valerio »

heh, Fido can be such an easy target, sometimes :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I had to do this. I wasn't going to, but the second the image of Fido squirming before Sabrina was too much! The thought made me laugh! Anywho, the story begins again next update. Actually, next update will be a big reveal. It may be a week,though. It just depends on how my sinuses are doing. I cannot work with headaches and nosebleeds...
My characters
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Tickle torture is the best! That made my day!
Nice update, copper!
And don't worry about the updates - take care of yourself is more important!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Oh Sabrina, why you gotta torture Fido? :lol:
Awsome update.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Great update. and yes its indeed fun to mess with Fido. :lol: poor guy can't catch a break to save his life.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Kondog wrote:Great update. and yes its indeed fun to mess with Fido. :lol: poor guy can't catch a break to save his life.

This. ^ :lol: First time reading this fic. All I got to say copper is that your writing and detail is great.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yay! New Fan...

I forgot to mention, Wizard of Oz wins! It is next on the docket, I suppose.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

It is so much fun messing with Fido! :lol:

Yes. Yes, it is :twisted:

It was really wroth waiting for this chapter so long. I'm sure Sabrina had a lot of fun when she was teasing poor Fido, just like we were having fun when reading this.

Now I can go to bed and have nice dreams after reading this chapter :)
I'm a bookworm!
Bino

Post by Bino »

I finally caught up on my reading! Great update Copper! I love the messing with Fido!
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Aww poor Fido, but at least he can relax a bit! Sometimes Sabrina is just too awesome! Awesome job Copper! :mrgreen: Feel better though, spring time can be rather harsh!
shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

Great update copper I love it :D tickle torture is the best :lol:
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow.... I really need to get back to this! I am so sorry. New update by the end of next week, I promise!
My characters
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

copper wrote:Wow.... I really need to get back to this! I am so sorry. New update by the end of next week, I promise!
IT'S ALIVE!
Just kidding. I look forward to it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

good fic. looking forward to that update.

also, when you write the Wizard of Oz, don't forget Zach as the cowardly rabbit.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nope. Not Zach! Going to be a surprise! It will work, though...
My characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Res maybe?
anyway, for the Spirits, my guess is Fido = past, King = future. as for Max and Peanut, one is the Jacob Marley equivalent and one is present.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nope. Wrong on all accounts, my friend! :lol:
My characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

then Fido is Marley and I won't guess for the rest.

also, I'm surprised I'm the first one to guess anyone for Jacob Marley.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Still wrong! And nobody remembers him!

But no more hints. I will be explaining all that next update....
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Is it too late to vote? If it isn't, then I vote for The zach one. Great story Copper, Keep it up! It took me ages to read all of it.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Karl

Post by Karl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
copper wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:also, when you write the Wizard of Oz, don't forget Zach as the cowardly rabbit.
Nope. Not Zach! Going to be a surprise! It will work, though...
Res maybe?
Res the cowardly writer? xD
I'm a bookworm!
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

*coughs* Any chance we can see this continued? ^_^
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yes, love. After I visit my dying grandmother, I will get right on it. She only has about a month to live now...
My characters
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

(takes out chair) Don't mind me I've brought a book.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

:roll: Oh fine. You just won't let it go, will you? :lol:
My characters
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

Let's just say if there weren't laws against it, we would have had more chapters much sooner.
Yes, at least I'm not letting it go. If this dies then I'll continue it in the carol style of Jim Carrey that should make Bino go straight!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Amazing! I loved reading this, Copper!
I know you have your own priorities but it would be great if you finished writing this.