Housepets: Silver the cat

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Kondog

Re: Housepets: Silver the cat

Post by Kondog »

TMH
I blame my cell phones auto speller feature for that one TMH my bad.
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

More like an epic scene, I like that! Awesome way to look at things! Though I must say being a bank manager sounds extremely boring. Great stuff TMH! :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great update, TMH. I loved it!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

No one actually saw the reference i have put in my last update?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

sorry I can't say that I did... Then again never been good at noticing references...
The Moon Howler

Let's see if anyone else managed to find the reference :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sindorei wrote:Let's see if anyone else managed to find the reference :D

You made a reference to the arc We're Snowed In - Fight with Aurgelmir and Peanut's scream after he woke up ;)
I'm a bookworm!
The Moon Howler

Karlos wrote:
Sindorei wrote:Let's see if anyone else managed to find the reference :D

You made a reference to the arc We're Snowed In - Fight with Aurgelmir and Peanut's scream after he woke up ;)
These and more, here's a hint:at the beginning of the update

And i just couldn't hold myself of using these and i also gave you a hint about Keeper's powers

My RP Characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ypu mean about Thor?

I didn't know that was a reference. I thought it was a give in.
My characters
The Moon Howler

copper wrote:You mean about Thor?

I didn't know that was a reference. I thought it was a give in.
The Viking wasn't Thor! Thor isn't the Keeper, though they do share connection.

and i said in the spoiler to look at the beginning of the update here's hint №2:Airport conversation

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

A-a-and since no one have noticed and/or tried, i will point it:

Silver, why are you staying back there?” Steve was staring at his pet “Our plane is this way!” he pointed at the terminal behind him.

I’ve already told you we’re at the wrong way, dad!” Silver pointed behind him “This Airport is big you know. And we missed our turn two hallways behind! I told you we must turn left from the Gates for the plane to Albuquerque. Go ask the guy at the Information kiosk, if you don't believe!

And here it is: Left from Albuquerque

and some info about the next update: it may come later

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, Lovely folks! How are you? Although i am late, i will post my update TODAY! THE MOON HOWLER IS BACK!

I also wish to remind you to call me TMH
And once again I hope you will enjoy it! I apologize for any typos I've made! And feel free to criticize!

The Moon Howler Presents:

The story of Silver the cat!
Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Two. Episode Three

On the next day.

Silver was awake early today. He was anxious to hear Natasha, but had to wait just a little bit more. It was 7:00 AM and no way could they be up so early. He had to fill his time until 9:30 (AM), so that he won’t have problem calling Kelly.

The actual problem was that there was no activity that he could perform without waking Steve up. Since his books were with the luggage that is suppose to come today at 11 (AM), he decided to start drawing. He wasn’t good at drawing pictures, but didn’t want just simple scrabbling on the paper, so he asked himself: “What if I start to design something? Like my room for example? That way I’ll be both quiet and occupied!

After five more minutes considering other choices he had and denying them all, one by one, he headed upstairs to begin with the design of his room.

------------------------------

After an hour he went downstairs with four sheets of paper in his paw. They contained four crude sketches of the walls of his new room with his stuff arranged on them.
He headed to the kitchen to get himself breakfast, only to find it already prepared and Steve finishing his coffee. The man smiled.

Good morning, Silver! Did you sleep well? I made you breakfast. I’m sure that you are very hungry!

Good morning to you too, Dad! And yes, I am hungry. That’s why I came here.

Steve’s attention turned to the sheets of paper in Silver’s paw.
You drawn something on these, or you are about to draw on them?

Silver sighed and explained
Well, since I woke up early and I didn’t want to wake you up, I thought of going upstairs and make some designs of my room.

I see!” Steve said with a smile “Are you willing to show these designs to me then?

Sure!” Silver handed the designs to Steve “What do you think?

Okay, these are very crude…” Steve sighed after examining the designs “Mind if I help ya with them? I took a course in ‘Interior design’ you know.

I intended to ask you for help anyway…” they didn’t manage to finish their conversation, as they were interrupted by a sudden loud rock song, coming from the guest-room, startling both of them and causing Silver to fall from his chair.

Dad! What’s that sound?” Silver yelled.

What?” Steve answered.

I said ‘What’s that sound’?” Silver yelled again.

What’s what?” Steve yelled.

THE MUSIC!” Silver answered.

The what?” Steve was confused.

THE MUUUUSIIIIIIC!” Silver sounded annoyed.

Silver, I can’t hear you! Let me stop the music and we will talk, okay?” Steve went to the guest-room, turned off the music and came back with an alarm clock in his hand. “So what were you saying?

Silver was staring with disbelief at his owner for a few seconds and then he held his forehead and narrowed.
Nothing!” he hissed and his ears went flat.

What? What have I said?” Steve was confused.

Nothing, Dad! Never mind!” Silver hissed again and turned his back at Steve.

Okay, I’m sorry for this Silver!” Steve sat on his chair “So, how can I make it up for ya?” he asked Silver as he put the alarm clock on the table.

Maybe by helping me with the designs of my room?” Silver looked at Steve, still narrowing.

Steve thought for a moment.
How about we discuss this over an ice cream?” he said with a smirk. That made Silver’s ears to perk up.

Wait a minute! Are you actually bribing me?” Silver raised an eyebrow.

I wouldn't call it that way…” Steve stood up and went to the fridge.

Fine by me!” Silver grinned as Steve handed him a cup of ice cream, and then he continued “We don’t have much time to work on those.

We have 20 minutes until the call so let us get started.” Steve got the designs “Now look over here, Silver…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, Steve bought himself a new alarm-clock and he wanted to try it.

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

fun- update its nice to see how developed Steve and silvers relationship has become and I am anxious to hear from Natasha too - I can't wait Nice some TMH
valerio

Post by valerio »

eeee, more cuteness!
Ah, bribery, sweet bribery...although a pet must only stare at me to get anything he/she wants... :lol:
Karl

Post by Karl »

Would anyone resist Ice Cream? :)

You have good sence of humor, TMH. Keep this up :)
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Very nice update, TMH. Do you mind if I call you Howler?

I liked how Silver was so excited about his room design. And that Steve took an Interior Design course. Nice to see them working together.

Can't wait for the phone call.
My characters
The Moon Howler

copper wrote:Very nice update, TMH. Do you mind if I call you Howler?

I liked how Silver was so excited about his room design. And that Steve took an Interior Design course. Nice to see them working together.

Can't wait for the phone call.
Yes, Howler is fine.
exited and practical Silver is, isn't he? ;)

Karlos wrote:Would anyone resist Ice Cream? :)

You have good sence of humor, TMH. Keep this up :)
Only those, who didn't try it (the Ice cream) and thanks :)
valerio wrote:eeee, more cuteness!
Ah, bribery, sweet bribery...although a pet must only stare at me to get anything he/she wants... :lol:
Remember people: be fair and don't bribe... except in such cases :D

And for everyone that are anxious for the Call - it will be the next Update i will give you a little something more too :D

My RP Characters
ChristopherJackal

Ice cream, what can't you solve? :lol: makes everything better! Also looking forward to the phone call so I'm excited!
The Moon Howler

Guys, I want to apologize for the delay, but what I can promise you, is that until the end of this week I will update!

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, Lovely folks! How are you? Although i am late, i will post my update TODAY! THE MOON HOWLER IS BACK (again)!

And once again I hope you will enjoy it! I apologize for any typos I've made! And feel free to criticize!

Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Two. Episode Four

25 minutes later they were ready with one of the sheets.

A job well done, Silver! It seems my skills haven’t rust yet!” Steve said with a proud smirk.

Seems so!” Silver smiled in return.

Steve looked at his watch.
Silver, look at the time! You are getting late for your call! I will clean this mess up, don’t you worry! Go now or you won’t have enough time before the movers come!” Steve began to clean the table.

Silver was about to get out of the kitchen, when he suddenly thought of something.
Dad, what about the phone number?

It’s on the sticky note next to the phone!” Steve said as he was washing the dishes.

Uh… yeah… about that sticky note…” Silver couldn’t finish, because Steve interrupted him.

The spare one is under the phone!” Steve shook his head “You really need to stop playing with those sticky notes. Remember the time when we almost started a fire at Grandpa’s kitchen, because ‘someone’ decided that a ‘certain’ sticky note is a nice toy, and ‘someone else’ was lucky to find out and turn off the oven.

Hey! That was an accident and I apologized afterwards!” Silver replied “And don’t make me to remind you about another sticky note, which ‘someone’ hasn’t read and because of that two pets stayed hungry the whole day, while grandpa Max was out on a 3-day vacation to meet some old friends at some Lodge!

Ouch! Okay, you got me here, but no points since were even in this!” Steve said from the kitchen “Okay now, have a nice talk, Lover-boy!

What?!? Da-a-ad! Uh… Fine! You got me! 1:0 for you!” Silver said as he was dialing up Kelly’s phone number.

Hello?” Silver asked as they picked up.

Silver? Silver is that you?

Natasha?” Silver was surprised that she answered the phone.

Silvey! I am so glad it’s You! How are you? How is Steve? Where have you guys been? Why didn’t you call earlier? I was worried sick! …

She could’ve continued if Silver didn’t interrupt her.

Tasha! Tasha, calm down! I will answer your questions one by one, just let me do it! But first I want you to calm down first, okay?” Silver was trying to sound calm, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t hold his own excitement.

Okay!” Natasha answered with a bit more calm and soft tone this time. That made Silver smile.

Very good! First of all, I want to inform you, that I and Steve have successfully made it to our new house on the outskirts of New York. We are currently awaiting our luggage to arrive.

So,” Natasha asked “what do you think of the neighborhood so far?

For the three days we are here, I think this place is like Paradise… almost…

Why ‘almost’?” Natasha’s curiosity grew by the second. Her tone was telling “Answer or else”.
Silver made a dramatic pause

Because you are not here with me!” he finally answered “I’m missing you, Tasha! I just hope that all will go well with our settlement here so I can finally convince Steve to adopt you too!” he paused to take a breath “Just hold a little longer, Love, just a little bit longer, and we will be together again! I promise, Tasha, I promise!

Silver heard sobbing from the other side. It was Natasha. She was sobbing from both happiness and sadness.
T-Thanks … S-Silvey!” she mumbles through the sobs “T-Thanks f-for your words!

A-aw, Tasha, Please don’t cry! You know how this affects me!” Silver’s eyes began to get wet. He struggled to keep his voice calm. “Don’t you worry, Beautiful, you’ll see – those months will pass in no time! Once we are ready here, we will come for You!

Natasha calmed herself enough to ask.
You Promise?” She asked silently.

Sure do, Tasha, sure do!

By the time they were talking, the movers have arrived. They announced their arrival with the loud horn of the truck.

Aw! I have to go help Dad with the luggage. Call you later, Tasha! Love you!” Silver said.

I love you more, Silvey! I will be waiting! Bye!” she replied

I love you most, Tasha! Goodbye!” with these words Silver hung up the phone. He was happy. He was relieved by the fact that she was missing him as much as he was missing her. He was also sure that they will settle sooner than they planned and that would mean a change to get together with Natasha sooner. With these thoughts in mind, he headed to help Steve with the luggage.

On the other side of the line Natasha hung up the phone with similar feelings. She had no doubt in Silver and his ability to convince Steve, his owner, to adopt her as well, so they can finally be together. Still, she had to be a little more patient.
A minute later Kelly entered the room.

You still wait for him to call, sweetie?

No! Actually, we just finished!” Natasha answered “He gave me such good news; I will barely be able to wait until then!

Kelly’s curiosity began to grow.
Care to share, dearey? You really caught up my attention!

He promised me something! This is what made me happy!

Shall I guess, dearey, or you’re going to tell me?” Kelly asked with a mischievous smirk on her face.

He told me that he will convince Steve to come here and adopt me, once they are fully settled. He promised!” Natasha answered, blushing.

Kelly kneeled in front of Natasha, looked her in the eyes and grabbed the cat by the shoulders. The woman then spoke.
Natasha! I trust Silver as much as you do and you know that!” Kelly made a dramatic pause “Yet, what you do not know, but I do…” she felt as the cat shivered “… is hat Steve can be trusted as well, although he must to be reminded from time to time.” Kelly smiled warmly “If Silver promised you this, then you must to trust him to do it!” Kelly stood up “And now, Natasha, I suggest we go to the kitchen to get ourselves breakfast.

Natasha grinned at Kelly “Breakfast sounds good!

----------------------------------------

Same time – Maximilian’s house

*Ring-Ring!* *Ring-Ring*

Max, someone’s at the phone!” Zeus yelled.

Pick it up!” Max’s voice was heard from another part of the house “I’m not here unless it’s Important!

Zeus picked up the phone.
Greetings! This is Maximilian Duncan’s residence! I am Zeus, pet of the house! How can I help you?

Zeus!” A voice was heard from the other side of the line “It’s me – Earl Sandwich! You won’t answer unless he’s there to allow it! Now get my uncle on the phone!

Zeus covered the microphone of the handset with his paw and yelled
It’s Earl!

What?! Why didn’t you say so?” Max’s voice was heard from the same spot in the house “Tell him to give me a minute and I’ll be right there!

After less than a minute Max was down and grabbed the handset.
Earl Sandwich! You naughty, naughty boy! How are you doing? How is your wife? Why aren’t you calling more often?

He heard laughing from the other side of the line.
Hold on, uncle! What’s with all the excitement?

Can’t an old man be excited?” Old Max sounded annoyed.

Sorry, uncle Max! I promise it won’t happen again!” said Earl with an innocent and childish tone.

Don’t you sweet-talk me, boy! You know as well as your brother that I don’t fall for it!” Max was actually entertaining himself “Speaking of, how is your brother? Still running my old sister’s farm?

Nope!” Earl answered “He sold that farm…

“About time!” Max interrupted him.

… and bought himself a bigger one!

“What?!”

You heard me, uncle!

Ah, never mind him! He will be fine! How about you? I still wait for those answers you know!

We are fine here, at Babylon gardens! I and my wife are doing well. Same goes for our pets.” Earl replied.

That’s great!” the old man sounded excited.

So, tell me, uncle, how do you do lately?” Earl asked “I haven’t heard from you for how long? A year? I can bet you got yourself and probably Zeus too into some of your crazy ‘adventures’!

He-he! My grandson lived with me for a while, but he left for New York just a few days ago!

Interesting! I hope he likes it there!” Earl remembered something “Speaking of, how does my cousin fare?

Aw, don’t you worry about him!” Max’s tone firmed “Mr. Perfection still lives his ‘Perfect life’!” His tone became a mix of aggravation, sadness and anger. “He doesn’t even talk to “imperfects” like me and you! He doesn’t call me and neither shall I!

A door-bell was heard from Max’s side.
Oh fiddlesticks! Sorry, boy, but I have to go now! The guys from the club are waiting for me! Take care!

Bye, uncle! Have fun!” Earl closed the line.

Old Max smiled and turned at Zeus.
Shall we go?” he asked his pet.

We have to, you promised!” Zeus replied.

Well then, what are we waiting for?” he asked with a smirk “Let’s go!

A minute later they left the house.

---------------------------------------------------
I apologize for being late, but there are too much things to worry about and Silver fic is not a priority in them.

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

awesome update TMH- I'm really starting to like silver is a character, and his relationship with Natasha it's definitely cute.
“Why ‘almost’?” Natasha’s curiosity grew by the second. Her tone was telling “Answer or else”.
Silver made a dramatic pause
“Because you are not here with me!” he finally answered “I’m missing you, Tasha!

definitely the best line in the whole update-
there is lot going on this update. I really can't wait to find out how everything ties together especially how silver manages to convince Steve to adopt a Natasha.
valerio

Post by valerio »

TOTALLY worth the wait!
I'm going all SQUEEEEEE over this update. The dialogue between Silver and his beau was so SWEET *squeeees more*
Karl

Post by Karl »

Naughty, naughty boy. Grabbing sticky notes and playing with fire...

Eh xD
I'm a bookworm!
ChristopherJackal

Awww I loved the phone conversation, the cuteness was amazing! Everybody loves cute, it's just the way it is! 8-) Though I'd say Silver has it good, he gets ice cram one moment and them gets to play with sticky notes the next! That's awesome!
The Moon Howler

I must to alert you guys, that I am about to enter a really hard session and I doubt I will be able to post any update soon.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Not a prob, TMH! Just keep up with your life and remember we're here to wait patiently for moar cuteness :D :D
The Moon Howler

I wish to announce that I will update in 10 days, counting from now

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sindorei wrote:I wish to announce that I will update in 10 days, counting from now
YAY! Bring on the cute! :D
The Moon Howler

Hello there, Lovely folks! How are you? I know that I am very late with my update and I won't be making any excuses, but instead I'll give you this update! THE MOON HOWLER IS BACK (once again)!

Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Three. From the Top to the Bottom - Episode 1

Silver, I’m home!” Steve yelled, as he entered the house.

Hi, Dad! How’s it been today?” Silver asked from the living room.

Silver, come, I have a special present for you!

Really?” Silver’s head popped out from the door “What is…” He couldn’t finish, for he was staring speechlessly at the “present”.

Hi, Silvey!” Silver prayed to hear that voice in real. His eyes were getting wet.

Natasha…” tears of joy appeared on his cheeks “Natasha, I… I… I am so happy!

They rushed to each other, meeting in a passionate hug, followed by a kiss. As they let go, Natasha whispered, crying out of happiness “Silvey! I thought… we would never be together!

Silver was crying too, as he whispered back

Tasha, I told you we will get together! I promised you and I kept my word!

Natasha sighed and asked “Silver, promise me we will be together forever!

Silver smiled.
I do, Tasha! I promise you that!” He kissed her again and hugged her “We will be together!
Then he felt something was wrong. He felt as Natasha shivered. “Natasha…” Silver began, but was interrupted by her.

Can you feel it, Silvey?” she shivered like a leaf “Something is wrong here!

I know, Tasha!” Silver replied, as he held her in his arms.

Then everything around them cracked and tore apart as pieces of a broken mirror, leaving only Silver and Natasha staying in a small spot of light, surrounded by a pitch darkness and a horrible presence, that lurked around them in the dark. They heard an evil, echoing laugh, as a set of giant bright yellow eyes appeared close-by.

Suddenly, a powerful force knocked Silver away from Natasha, as she was grabbed by a dark hand, pulling her straight to the floating set of eyes.

She is mine now!” the words echoed around, followed by the same laugh

No-o-o! Silvey! He-e-elp!” Natasha was screaming, terrified.

Natasha! Hold on! I’m coming!” Silver rushed to help Natasha.

Stay out of it, vermin!” The voice boomed once again, annoyed. Silver was once again knocked away, this time – even stronger.

Silve-e-e-ey!” Natasha screamed, as she was taken away by the dark hand.

Silver felt as if he was falling. It took him a few moments to realize that he was indeed falling. He was helpless. Silver closed his eyes. He couldn’t do anything… but continue to fall… to the pitch darkness bellow… Until he was grabbed by someone.

As he opened his eyes, Silver saw the same Viking from a previous dream, where he fought and defeated a frost giant. Now the same Viking carried him. He put Silver at the spot of light and turned to the floating set of eyes. Then he spoke, his voice echoing through the darkness around. “This ends NOW!

The Dark being only laughed and send a wave of dark energy to the Viking, who send forward a wall of lightning. The two attacks met in a blinding bright explosion.

Silver woke up with a scream, looking around. Steve came from another room.

Silver, are you alright? I heard you screaming!” Steve gave Silver a worried look.

Silver breathed heavily, his eyes filled with tears.
It … was… a nightmare.” Silver answered “I need to call Natasha!

At 3 AM?” Steve narrowed “I don’t think so! Anyway…” He yawned, visibly tired “I finished a ton of documentation and I intend to sleep now.” He turned to Silver with a tired smile “Since you had a nightmare, you might wanna to come in my bed for the night.” Steve lay down in his bed.

I think I’ll accept the offer!” Silver smiled “Thanks, Dad!

No problem, Silver! Good night!
Silver found himself a nice spot on the bed

Good night, Dad!
They both fell asleep really fast.

7:30 AM

Steve woke up earlier. He had a lot of work to do today, but seeing how frightened Silver was the last night, he knew that he must call Kelly to check on Natasha, even only to settle his conscience.

He went to the phone and quickly dialed up Kelly's number. To his surprise she answered immediately.

Hello?” Her voice was heard from the other side

Hello, Kelly! It’s me – Steve.

Oh, Hello, Steve!” she couldn’t continue, because she was interrupted by Steve

Silver had a nightmare last night and I am calling to check on Natasha!” Steve’s voice sounded concerned. No answer was heard from Kelly’s side. “Kelly? You there?

I… yes, I’m here! I was just surprised, that’s all.” She took a breath “Natasha had a nightmare too, but she too afraid to sleep, so I stood with her all night.” Kelly yawned “At least it’s good to know that Silver took it better.

He barely slept himself. He calmed down about half hour ago.” It was Steve’s turn to yawn “Anyway, did she told you about her nightmare?

Yes, she did, but I suggest we talk later, when you ask Silver about his nightmare.

I’m fine with that! I will call you at lunch break, okay?

Okay! Bye, Steve!

Hear you later, Kelly!

8:30 AM

Silver woke up with a loud yawn. After he stretched he went to the kitchen to get a breakfast and to look for his Dad. He found his breakfast ready, but Steve wasn’t there.

Dad?” Silver called his Dad “Dad, you home?”

I’m Shaving, Silver!” Steve’s voice was heard from the bathroom “Be there in 5 minutes!

After 10 minutes Steve went to the kitchen. Silver was already halfway through his breakfast.

Sorry I’m late!” He said “So, Silver, wanna tell me ‘bout your nightmare?

Do I have to?” Silver shrugged and his ears fell flat.

You may feel better if you share what’s troubling you about Natasha.” Steve answered with a calm voice.

How did you know it was about Natasha?” Silver asked, startled.

Well, you did ask me to call her at 3 am. Besides, when you fell asleep you began to roll over in your sheets and you were mumbling her name almost all night!” Steve paused to take a breath “And before you ask me how do I know you mumbled her name all night – you woke me up like a dozen times with those random kicks you gave me, while you were rolling in your sheets.

Sorry about that” Silver scratched his neck “These weren’t intentional…

And how could they be?” Steve interrupted the cat “You were sleeping!” He sighed “So, will you tell me what happened in that nightmare?

I guess it won’t hurt to tell.” Silver took a deep breath before he began explaining. He told Steve about their meeting with Natasha, describing the scene. Then he moved on to the shattered environment, the darkness and the dark being. Then he described the acts of the dark being and then the arrival of the Viking. He finished with the fight between the two beings, which was the reason he woke up.

Hmm…” Steve scratched his head as Silver finished his tale “Interesting dream you had there. I would of say that you are listening too much at grandpa’s tales, but if Natasha is in it, then I will have a talk with Kelly and hopefully tonight you two will have a chance to talk, alright?

You mean it?” Silver’s ears perked up.

Yes!” Steve raised an eyebrow “Of course I mean it! How could I not?” He sighed “Now finish your breakfast, it’s almost 10am now.

Oh…” Silver looked at the clock on the wall “You’re right! It’s 9:50 am.

You have 10 minutes, okay?” Steve stood up “I’m going to dress up for work now.

5 minutes later.

Aiieee! Ouch! It huuurts!” Silver yelled from the kitchen.

Steve rushed to the Kitchen “Silver, what happened?” He saw Silver holding his muzzle “What’s wrong?

My tooth hurts!” Silver groaned.

Let me see!” Steve said as Silver opened his mouth “Silver, my boy, I am not a specialist, but I think we must pay a visit to the local pet-clinic. There must to be a dentist there.” Steve headed to the phone. “I’ll call my colleagues at work to cover for me, be right back.

After 10 minutes and few phone calls, Steve returned to the kitchen and motioned Silver to follow him. They got out of the house and went to the local pet-clinic.

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Great work dude! and what a strange dream / nightmare to have I feel bad for silver. - I hope all ends well, Great job with this update!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Dentist, hmm? I wonder will he handle it ;)

By the way, how was the session? :)
I'm a bookworm!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Dentist... a True form of Evil...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dentist...les ouchies!
if Silver gets asleep there, oh the nightmares.. :shock:
The Moon Howler

Karlos wrote:Dentist, hmm? I wonder will he handle it ;)

By the way, how was the session? :)
My session isn't done yet. Though I failed on one of the exams, the docent have given me the chance to do it again on 1st July.
KizerZin wrote:Dentist... a True form of Evil...
Yes... and no. I mean while it's indeed evil, it's also for a good cause.
valerio wrote:Dentist...les ouchies!
if Silver gets asleep there, oh the nightmares.. :shock:
I doubt anyone can fell asleep with a tooth pain

So, people, I will continue with my writings after 1st of July.

My RP Characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good stuff! I can't believe I missed this! Good story so far, can't wait to read more.

And on a side note.... Dentists are truly evil...
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

copper wrote:And on a side note.... Dentists are truly evil...
I dunno... my denist helped me to feel the joy of eating again, without grimacing each 5 seconds xD

But yeah, there are some who like to scare you with linisher :)
I'm a bookworm!
The Moon Howler

Thanks to help from Mr. Rick Griffin, my name is now fixed! To celebrate that, I will try to make my next update a big one!

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm looking forward to the next update. great fic.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

Silver's tooth hurty?? get it...haha...ahha'....suovhfs0pv

any way.. Looking forward to the next update Broskii bro.
The Moon Howler

Hello, Silver Fans! Did you think Silver was gone... forever?

Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Three. From the Top to the Bottom - Episode 2

As they were walking quietly for a while, Silver decided to break the silence first.
“Sorry for the inconvenience I made, Dad!” Silver ears fell flat

“He-he, worry not!” Steve said, smiling. He stroke the cats head-fur “It happens sometimes. Don’t blame yourself for such things.” He sighed “Besides, my colleagues will cover for me today. They do owe me for last month, when I covered for both of them, lazyheads.” He said the last sentence with a smirk.

“But still I feel guilty…” Silver began, but was quickly interrupted by Steve

“Silver, there’s no reason for you to feel guilty for such things. It’s not like you did it on purpose, you know!”

“But…” Silver muttered.

“No ‘buts’!” Steve’s voice firmed.

Silver shrugged “Okay, Dad, sorry!”

Steve spoke again, this time with his usual soft tone
“Silver…” he sighed and smiled “…you are so stubborn in your guilt sometimes, and I said it’s fine, I am covered, also a day off could prove to be good for both of us, yes?”

Silver nodded, but didn’t say anything. The cat kept quiet for a while. He knew that his Dad was right – sometimes, he really was a drama queen.
They walked silent for a few more minutes, until they heard two familiar voices from the nearby fence. There were two cats, sitting on it.
“Heya, Silver! How are you doing today?” said the male.

“Hi there, cutie!” said the female, giggling.

Silver smiled at the two.
“Tango, Flora! Hey there!” he greeted the two cats. He tried to grin, but he failed, because of a sudden wave of pain in his tooth. He quickly grabbed his muzzle.
“Ouch!” Silver groaned.

Tango and Flora quickly jumped off the fence and went straight to Silver, both of the saying the same question at the same time, like in unison. “Silver, what’s wrong?”

It was Steve that answered.
“Sorry, you little troublemakers, but Silver won’t be able to join you two today.” He said as he put his hand on his pet’s shoulder “We have to visit the dentist.”

Silver just nodded. Flora hugged him in response.
“A-a-aw, the poor thing!” she said.

Tango scratched his head-fur for a few seconds
“How about we come with you?” he offered “That way we can be together and you will be able to go to the dentist!”

Steve rubbed his forehead “I don’t know…”

“PLEA-A-A-ASE!” said the cat trio, as all of them turned on the puppy eyes. Steve tried to resist the overwhelming cuteness, yet he managed to delay the inevitable with mere 10 seconds.

“Fine! Fine! You can come with us!” he frowned “And just so you know – that wasn’t fair at all! All of you know that one pair of puppy eyes is enough, but triple attack?!” he sighed and spoke with his usual smile again. “But a promise is a promise and I’ll keep my word! You can come with us.”

“Yay!” the trio yelled in unison again.

After the three cats calmed down, they continues to the clinic. The three felines were whispering something between themselves, discussing something throughout. Steve glanced back at them and said

“I’ll be listening to some music right now.” He pulled his I-phone from the pocket of his jeans, attaching a set of earphones to it and continued “Just don’t run away like the last time we went to the vet, or there will be 10 days at home with no visits and TV. The last was meant for Silver.”

The trio nodded and followed the human, gossiping their usual topics – the news, events of the day, finishing with Silver’s toothache.
By the time the trio finished with that topic, they’ve already reached the pet clinic.

“Okay, this is as far as we go.” Announced Tango.

“Good luck in there, Silvey!” Flora chirped as she gave him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheeks, which draw a nasty look from Tango.

“Okay, Tango, Flora, see ya later, yes? My house after 5 hours, okay?”

“Fine by me!” answered Tango.

“See you there, sweetie!” said Flora after she let go of Silver.

“Alright, Silver!” Steve said “Time to go now. The vet won’t be waiting forever, you know.” He headed towards the doors.

“Coming, Dad!” Silver replied, as he waved for the last time to the leaving couple, then quickly followed Steve as they both entered the clinic.

As Steve and Silver entered the clinic, an awkward silence greeted them in exception for a light snoring, coming from the reception. They went to it and found the source of the snoring – the receptionist.

Steve tapped with fingers on the desk for a whole minute, but the receptionist showed no signs of waking up.

Steve noticed a bit dusty old fashion bell on the end of the reception desk. He quickly went to it and rang it a few times. The receptionist grunted in his sleep, but once again – didn’t woke up.

Both Steve and Silver began to run out of ideas and patience.

Suddenly, a young woman, around Steve’s age, burst in the clinic through the front doors. Obviously, she was in a big hurry.

“Sorry I’m late! It won’t happen again, I promise!” she said in a loud tone, causing the receptionist to grunt once more, but yet again he remained asleep. After less than a minute the woman realized what was happening around her. She went to the reception, then behind the desk and next to the sleeping receptionist. The woman began talking to the sleeping man “Bro! Brother, wake u-u-up!”

“Nmgnghem-fghumnem” grumbled the unsuspecting guy.

The girl grinned and winked at Steve and Silver, then took a deep breath and yelled in the sleeping receptionist’s ear.
“WAKE UP, YOU LAZY IDIOT!”

The receptionist jumped from his seat, startled by the shout.
“Abraham Lincoln!” he said loudly.

“What?” she asked.

“You heard nothing!” he replied defensively.

“Whatever, creep, there are people waiting for you to assist them!” the girl pointed at Steve and Silver.

“What are you…” he turned his head at the direction she pointed “Oh, fiddlesticks!” he quickly stood up and apologized to Silver and Steve. “Sorry for that! Can we pretend that never happened?”

Steve and Silver were staring silently at the scene and both snapped out when the receptionist turned to them. They still didn’t fully assimilated what just happened, but they had to answer something. Steve was the first to reply.
He coughed “Yes, yes! Apology accepted, this never happened officially!”

The receptionist sighed with relief. “Oh Lord, thanks, lad!” then he coughed himself and asked with a serious tone “So, how can I be of assistance to you, Sir?”

“We have a need for a dentist. Is there one available?”

The receptionists nodded and pointed at the young woman next to him. “Yes, sir, there's one standing right next to me. Doctor Vanessa Seether will take care of your pet's teeth problems!”

Vanessa nodded “Thanks for the introduction, brother!” she turned to Steve and Silver and smiled warmly “You two follow me to my office, where I’ll be able to see where’s the problem.” She turned and headed to her office, motioning Steve and Silver to follow. They shared a look, shrugged their shoulders and followed her. After a few turns through the various corridors, they reached the dentist’s Office. As they entered, they noticed that the room wasn’t big, but it was very well organized.
“Please, sit over there!” Doctor Seether said to Steve, pointing at two seats next to the door. She then petted Silver, kneeling in front of him and staring for a few seconds “Hey, I remember you! You’re the sweetie that helped me 3 days ago with my groceries. I never got your name back then.”

“Silver.” The cat replied, enjoying the petting and remembering the situation.

She smiled “You can call me Vanessa. Same goes for you too, Mr. …” Vanessa shrugged uncomfortably, turning to Steve “Sorry, I didn’t got your name.”

“I never said it before, Vanessa. I am Duncan, Steve Duncan. But you can call me Steve.”

“Nice to take your acquaintance, Steve!” she said, nodding at the man and turned her attention back to Silver “Now be a good kitty and lie in the recliner. I’ll be back in a jiffy!” Vanessa went through a small door on the other side of the room.
Silver lay on the recliner, glancing at Steve, who only smiled warmly and reassuringly and winked. A minute later doctor Seether returned now dressed in her scrubs. She walked to the lying cat and smiled, putting her mask on.
“Now open wide and show me which tooth is giving you troubles, sweetie.” She said.

Silver pointed the tooth. Vanessa checked it and sighed
“Okay, I see the problem now. You, Silver, have a really nasty cavity on the lower right premolar, but I'll need you to go through X-ray for a more precise diagnose.”
She stood up and titled her head.

Steve looked at her “Can we go to the X-ray now?”

“Let me check!” Vanessa said, raising her hand, motioning both to stay quiet as she pulled out her cell phone and dialed up a number. “Hello, bro! I need your help.” She pouted as she heard his answer “Oh, don’t pretend that you work in there. We both know how exactly you ‘work’!” Vanessa narrowed “Whatever, creep! Just tell me if Gregor is here.” She face-palmed “He too? At least a key?” she sighed with relief “At least he left a key. Be there in 5 minutes!” she hung up and turned to Silver and Steve.
“I’ll go to take the key for the X-ray room. Wait me outside. Be back in 15 minutes.” She went to the reception, leaving Steve and Silver in front of the small office.

As she disappeared from sight, Steve scratched his beard. “What’s happening in here? Where’s everybody?”

Silver shrugged in reply and looked around “Hey, there’s a note on the ground, under the door!” the cat pointed at a small note, partially visible from under the door. Steve knelt down and picked it up. He sat on the nearby chair and called Silver, so that they both can read the note. Here is what was written on it:

Dear newcomers,

We went on a week-long trip, as is our annual tradition. Also, it’s tradition to leave the new employees untold, something like a Prank. This year, we are proud to have so much and good new employees.
Don’t worry; we will make up for it the next year.

Best regards!
Alexander Smith

P.S.>> Vanessa, Carl, Kiro, Mrazek, Joey, there is a surprise for you in the Employee’s fridge in the lunch room”

Steve smiled “So, that’s what it is…” he mumbled “What a bunch of jerks they are…” He looked at his pet “Apparently, she didn’t saw it the first time. I think it’s only fair to give it to her, right?”

Silver nodded in agreement. And just in time. They heard Vanessa’s grumbles from the other end of the hallway, mainly because she was the only one making noise. She managed to calm down about 10 meters away from them.

“Sorry, guys, but my brother could be such an annoyance sometimes!” she began “So, shall we go?” She asked them, smiling apologizing.

Steve and Silver nodded, as the man went to her and gave her the note.
“Hope you won’t get mad when you read it”

“Huh?” she asked “Let me check that note.” Vanessa added as she took the note and began reading it. She narrowed, her face expressed nothing else, but fury “Sonuva chamin’ young woman” she raged “Who does that jerk think he is? He better has this week good for I’ll give them a piece of my mind when he comes back!”

Silver hid behind Steve, leaving his owner with the only choice to try to calm Vanessa down. He carefully made a step towards her.
“Uh… Vanessa?” he began “Can we proceed to the X-ray?”

She snapped out of her raging fury and stared at Steve, then down to the shivering cat.
“Oh, my!” Vanessa said, blushing uncomfortably “Did I just raged?” Doctor Seether asked Steve, who nodded in agreement. She knelt down. “Did I scared you, sweetie?”

Silver came out from his hiding spot behind his Dad, making a step towards her “Well… yeah… a bit…” the cat said, giving her a puzzled look and stroking his arm with a paw.

“A-a-aw, you poor thing!” she said, pulling him in a hug “I’m so sorry about that, can you forgive me?”

Silver yelped as the woman pulled him and was about to scratch his way out, when she hugged him. The cat froze for a minute, but within her warm and gentle hug, he calmed down quickly. He even hugged Vanessa back.
“Please, don’t do this again!” Silver begged her.

“Don’t worry, sweetie! I promise I won’t.” she said as she released him from the hug and gave him a kiss on the forehead, which made him smile “Now, shall we go to the X-ray?”

Silver nodded as she stood up and, along with his Dad, followed the dentist to the X-ray room.

After 10 minutes, they got out with the photos in Vanessa’s hand. In another 5 minutes they were back at her office. She put the photos on the light screen and examined them.
“Yes, it’s a cavity alright! And big one that is. That lower right Premolar will need one heck of a treatment. Don’t worry, sweetie. I promise you won’t feel any pain, but it would take about an hour or two, just so you know.”

Silver laid on the recliner and nodded at the nice dentist.

Vanessa nodded as well.
Okay, sweetie, here I go!”

After about 2 hours, Vanessa was accompanying Silver and Steve out of the clinic.
“And, boys!” she said “Don’t forget to follow the diet I gave you.”

She gave Steve her card “Whenever he has probs again, call me!”

“Got it!” Steve replied, as he patted his pet on the shoulder. “Cya, Vanessa!” he waved her goodbye and headed home.

“Bye!” Silver said, giving her a hug and ran to his Dad.

My RP Characters