You're Not My Type: Myers-Briggs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: You're Not My Type: Myers-Briggs

Post by Sleet »

That is so awesome. I love that so much.

[/Princess Celestia]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Z-Zman

Post by Z-Zman »

ISTJ. i fulfill duties (ha, ha, ha)

Elephants are too big to fit in the Bible
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I got INTJ (Princess Celestia), but I feel more like an ISTP (Spike).
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

Last edited by sonic id furreh!!! on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regular Bird

Post by Regular Bird »

I got ISTP - The Mechanics
Can't think of anything witty.
dA. / FA.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

KalloonWhite wrote:I'm an ISFP. http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP.html

This describes me SO well!
Hey, high five Kalloon, we both are ISFP 8-)

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:i got ISFP: the artist
Yeah, welcome in the Artists group :mrgreen:
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:Look at this!
INTJ is the only cool looking Pony? Awesome!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Retinq

Post by Retinq »

INTJ 78-88-62-22. It's creepy how accurate it was.
Last edited by Retinq on Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

wait, so I'm like Spike?

...heh, I'm not complaining ^^
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Huh. Tried this a long time ago; I got the inventor.

Tried it just now, got the Inspector.

Tried it again, got the Crafter.

So then I just read through all the types and picked ones that I thought matched: The Councilor, I think, is the best match. Of course, no personality test is perfect... there's probably slight mixes here and there.

(Edit: Yeah, according to the descriptions on this site, anyway. http://keirsey.com/4temps/counselor.asp )
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What are the letter values for those? Are they at least close? I know I'm pretty close to an ISTJ, myself, so some people are fuzzier than others.

I didn't find those terms on Diss's link. There are no agreed upon "nicknames" for the sixteen personality types, so they're tough to look up.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Crafter is that Web site's term for ISTP. Inspector and Inventor are ISTJ and ENTP, respectively. Counselor equates to INFJ.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well then. I didn't realize they were all from the same site.

That said, this is a guy with multiple fursonas. Obviously he's a very layered individual. ^_^
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I think I used to be an INFJ. While it is only difference of a letter, I am still not very sure how I suddenly become an ENFJ.
Sleet wrote:What are the letter values for those? Are they at least close? I know I'm pretty close to an ISTJ, myself, so some people are fuzzier than others.
The description of ENFJ fits me really well, except for some minor details like the overestimation of my communicating/teaching abilities and the underestimation of my psychological barrier/empathy control.

But I also probably won't be much of an ENFJ in real world, since my speaking skills isn't really that good and I am taking a lot more risks than online, as well as the fact that I need a lot more courage to do anything IRL than online.
Ian the Gecko

Post by Ian the Gecko »

Just took this; I'm an ESFJ, which doesn't really sound like me.

Last time I took the test, which was a few years ago, I got ESTJ; before that I was an ISTJ.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I'm bumping this topic... beeecause I can [/phreakindee], and I want to see how members that haven't seen it fare on the test.*

I posted its assessment of myself earlier-
CaptainPea wrote:
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
11 50 12 33
So, let's read the Wikipedia entry on INTP and test how well this fits me.
Wikipedia wrote:INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions.
Sure, I'd agree.
Wikipedia wrote:Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, philosophy, law, and architecture.
Imagine me in any of these careers. Well, philosophy maybe, but the rest is right out. Next.
Pikiwedia wrote:They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change.
This is by far the most striking similarity to myself that I found in the article
Kipidewia wrote:INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge.
I appreciate being named a moderator and respect the brave men and Sleet that protect us from talking about Anime in the Chat Thread *smile to camera*
In all seriousness, I don't see this as a part of myself.
online encyclopidia like wikiped wrote:They have little patience for social customs that seem illogical or that serve as obstacles for pursuing ideas and knowledge.
Why do we bless people for sneezing but expect them to excuse themselves for coughing
fish stick sandwich burrito wrote:they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs.
Vague, but still, points.
wrote wrote wrote wrote wrote:On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they need to be. To the INTPs' mind, they are presenting all the relevant information or trying to crystallize the concept as clearly as possible.
This is probably the second most striking similarity to myself
commiepingo wrote:Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group.
Group, yes, leading, no; I like to lead, or at least I have a tendency to do so.
Cannibals wrote:However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them
The first two sentences, certainly. I'd like to think I'm charming.
Floyd wrote:INTPs are driven to fully understand a discussion from all relevant angles. Their impatience with seemingly indefensible ideas can make them particularly devastating at debate.
Again, I'd like to think so. I have an impatience with indefensible ideas, although I don't think my debates have ever devastated anyone.
Sadie the cleaning lady wrote:When INTPs feel insulted, they may respond with sudden, cutting criticism.
I don't think I get insulted enough for me to be able tell, but I think I'm usually just flustered and then just leave if I can.
quote wrote:To INTPs, this is the crux of the problem: improperly handled emotions, INTPs believe, can only harm. While INTPs experience emotions as an important part of their internal lives, and sometimes share their emotions with others, INTPs nevertheless believe that emotions must not play a role in logical discussions, or be expressed in a way that would put themselves at disadvantage.
This makes me sound like a terrible person, but I agree. I'm terrible with empathy, and I don't really know how to handle myself or other people if they're so strongly emotional that they're ignoring any rational ideas. You can't reason with that.

So, if you were doubting the ability of this test to assess your personality, you can see that it's actually rather good at its job. I haven't read the descriptions of the other personalities yet, but this one fits the bill pretty well.

Now, I want to see what y'all folks are to be getting here! You could also do a breakdown like I did if you want to take up a surprising amount of page space.

*I also did it because I learned that Chrispy fits in the same category as me and I thought it was cool, but that's sort of irrelevant.
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I retook it and my results were:
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
22 62 62 1

this seems more like me. it even has Computer Programmer as a career for me.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
67 38 50 22
So I retook the test and, to my surprise, I haven't changed much. I'm also slightly disappointed that Veterinarian wasn't on the list of careers. >:V
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Last time I took one of these I got INTP, which fit me perfectly. :3

I'll try this one out too...

INTJ for this one
and I'm guessing 50,62,62,11 is the strengths from 1-100 which make me half introverted/extroverted. That sounds somewhat right.
Also, I must have gained intuition, hehe.
Last edited by Kitela on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I got scientist I KNEW IT!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

OK wow I had this whole synopsis a la Cap'n Pea written up, but being an INFJ, I didn't post it
:lol: :D :) :?
Yeah.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Honestly, when I take this test, I get a different result every time. The first time I took it (also the only time I put a real amount of effort into it, mind you), I got INFJ. I've read all the results that were different from my original score, and they sound nothing like me. However, the personality type of INFJ fits me perfectly, so I'm going to remain adament that I am an INFJ.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

INTJ... Fitting I suppose.
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 38 62 11
Sent from my conifer.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

ISFP
I AM TEH ARTIST
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Ex-Ebly Edit: (mooooved back here)

Reading the posts so far has prompted me to add a bit of a commentary on this.

Strictly speaking, you are not an INTJ (arbitrarily chosen type to use as an example). To say it less vaguely: these tests are not exactly diagnostic! There is no clear-cut definitive answer to personality. These are merely indicative. It's much more accurate to say "INTJ could possibly describe me in the state of mind I was when I took the indicative test" (but that's a lot longer than just saying "I'm an INTJ").
Basically what I'm trying to tell you is that you shouldn't rip on the test for reasons like "that's not me, oh how silly" because it's not really trying to tell you who you are in the first place. It's simply telling you what your answers to the test indicated. On the other side of the coin, don't get too wrapped up in 'being' ESFP if you get that result and always keep in mind confirmation bias.

Additionally, taking one free test on the internet isn't exactly going to give you accurate results, especially if you can predict where certain answers will lead (e.g. obviously "I prefer to be alone"-type questions will indicate introversion if you agree) thus enabling you to tailor the results. You can somewhat simulate a lengthier test and POSSIBLY achieve a more accurate result by taking many small tests, and evaluating the results yourself.

I suggest you, in addition to Diss' link, go to http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html which has typing tests under "Jung Tests" (there are slight differences between Myers-Briggs and Jung but nothing dramatic, they can be considered the same in terms of something as informal as this - besides, Diss' link was Jung types as well :P)

I also suggest looking at http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html which, instead of presenting a test, allows you to evaluate YOURSELF and come to your own conclusions. Of course you could lie, but you'd know even if you did. :P

also, depending on my mood, my result changes between E and I... but i very consistently get NFP. at the moment i reckon if i did a test, i'd get INFP ;P but i like to think i'm more E than I most of the time
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension except actually Ebly wrote:Eblit:

Reading the posts so far has prompted me to add a bit of a commentary on this. It's only edited in the first post so people can actually see it.

Strictly speaking, you are not an INTJ (arbitrarily chosen type to use as an example). To say it less vaguely: these tests are not exactly diagnostic! There is no clear-cut definitive answer to personality. These are merely indicative. It's much more accurate to say "INTJ could possibly describe me in the state of mind I was when I took the indicative test" (but that's a lot longer than just saying "I'm an INTJ").
Basically what I'm trying to tell you is that you shouldn't rip on the test for reasons like "that's not me, oh how silly" because it's not really trying to tell you who you are in the first place. It's simply telling you what your answers to the test indicated. On the other side of the coin, don't get too wrapped up in 'being' ESFP if you get that result and always keep in mind confirmation bias.

Additionally, taking one free test on the internet isn't exactly going to give you accurate results, especially if you can predict where certain answers will lead (e.g. obviously "I prefer to be alone"-type questions will indicate introversion if you agree) thus enabling you to tailor the results. You can somewhat simulate a lengthlier test and POSSIBLY achieve a more accurate result by taking many small tests, and evaluating the results yourself.

I suggest you, in addition to Diss' link, go to http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html which has typing tests under "Jung Tests" (there are slight differences between Myers-Briggs and Jung but nothing dramatic, they can be considered the same in terms of something as informal as this - besides, Diss' link was Jung types as well :P)

I also suggest looking at http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html which, instead of presenting a test, allows you to evaluate YOURSELF and come to your own conclusions. Of course you could lie, but you'd know even if you did. :P
I've noticed some online tests for this seem to be pretty accurate, though. Obviously not perfect, but still. When I say "accurate," of course, I mean accurate as in towards these sixteen types, not towards characterizing your whole personality. It's important for people to think, "I'm ___, so I'm an ESTJ" rather than "I'm an ESTJ, so I should ___." Your true personality is more vibrant than four letters; they are an approximation for who you are. Your Meyers-Briggs (or Jung or whatever) type does not define you; it only describes you. The same kinda applies to D&D alignments, but that's not what we're talking about. I just wanted to point out the parallel.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I got the same thing as Durum Wheat, ENFP. However, my F is pretty low, so I'm very much like an ENTP as well. My Thinking and Feeling are both developed, and I balance them. I AM predisposed to feeling, though. But When presented with conflict or a problem, I tend to use my thinking more. One of the big differences between ENFP's and ENTP's is that ENFP's avoid conflict, while ENTP's thrive on debate. When faced with a conflict and put into ENTP thinking, I DO debate vehemently, and I enjoy it. I do though, occasionally, try to subtly avoid a conflict scenario; usually with irony, humor, or sarcasm.*

*that was redundant to say irony and sarcasm. for that matter, I could have gotten by on just saying any one of those, as irony and sarcasm are usually humorous.
bwah bwah
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

The point of these test are to tell you whether you're introverted or extroverted, a concrete thinker or an abstract thinker, someone who thinks with logic or with feelings, or if you're decisive or indecisive with your thoughts. That gives 16 possible "personality" types. Almost everybody has a different personality, but these test summarize the types better. They're useful when finding a career path.

It all comes down to the how the questions are asked, that's the reason why they might give different results.

Edit: I see myself as a INTP rather than a INTJ, even with my interest in the sciences. I'm not a natural leader and I don't have a constant need for organization. I'm kinda lazy.
INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.
INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.
The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.
this sounds like me a bit more.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Kitela wrote:The point of these test are to tell you whether you're --
No, they're not, sillyface! They do not 'tell' you. They indicate a possibility. This is the kind of misinterpretation I wanted to avoid! :P
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The point of the test is to pinpoint your exact personality with no margin of error and tell you how you should live your life.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Ebly wrote:
Kitela wrote:The point of these test are to tell you whether you're --
No, they're not, sillyface! They do not 'tell' you. They indicate a possibility. This is the kind of misinterpretation I wanted to avoid! :P
What? I was talking about the 4 types that point to a specific personality. When I said "tell" what I meant was it showed you whether your answers to the questions "indicated" that you were more of one than the other.
Kitela wrote:The point of these test are to tell you whether you're introverted or extroverted, a concrete thinker or an abstract thinker, someone who thinks with logic or with feelings, or if you're decisive or indecisive with your thoughts. That gives 16 possible "personality" types. Almost everybody has a different personality, but these test summarize the types better. They're useful when finding a career path.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

I got INFP
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

ManaWolf wrote:I got INFP
we are gonna be best frands.
bwah bwah
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So I retook the test and these were my results:
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
56 12 44 1
It sounds like me accually
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tormod

Post by Tormod »

Throughout the last few years, I've consistently gotten ENFP (The Inspirer). Taking it again, I got....

INFJ (The Protector)

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 75 50 44

I will admit that my personality has been shifting, especially with the support roles I've taken over the past year. I've especially had to fend for myself, now that I'm living on my own and providing 100% of my own support. That said, my personality archetype is hard to put a claw on, so to say, considering it depends on what state of mind I'm in. Anyone want to get to know me? x3
Walk into the den of fire
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

INTP

With 89 in introverted lol

The description matches me so much its scary
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

INFP.

Introverted: 22%
Intuitive: 25%
Feeling: 12%
Perceiving: 67%

I feel like Feeling would have fit me at about 20% instead, but the Wikipedia article is crazy accurate.
...polite, reserved exterior
(To adults, anyway)
They enjoy conversation, however, taking particular delight in the unusual
Check.
When INFPs are in a sociable mood, their humor and charm shine through.
Check - or at least, I like to think so! :lol:
...Disposed to like people and to avoid conflict
...guard the emotional well-being of others, consoling those in distress
...prefer to be flexible unless their ethics are violated. Then, they become passionate advocates for their beliefs.
...are often able to sway the opinions of others through tact, diplomacy, and an ability to see varying sides of an issue
Check, Check, Check, and I-Like-To-Think-So-Check.
INFPs are creative types and often have a gift for language. As introverts, they may prefer to express themselves through writing.
HOLY CRAP CHECK
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I got ENFJ

Not totally accurate (obviously) but it still fits me really well.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

It seems that I've been categorized under ISFJ.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I took this test last in my University class in Freshman year of college. I got INTP, which when I compare to the way I've acted in various conversations on this site alone in the last several months to CaptainPea's breakdown of the personality type, I can say is still a pretty accurate assessment.
Wikipedia wrote:INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions.
I tend to be quiet and analytical of any and every situation, and I spend quite a bit of my time alone when I can (though I immensely enjoy the time I spend with my friends, I still "need" my alone time to keep my sanity at a respectable level).
Wikipedia wrote:Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, philosophy, law, and architecture.
I could see myself in a scientific field, but I think I'll leave philosophy to a hobby, and I'm staying as far away from "the law" and politics as I possibly can. Architecture? Doubtful, but I've already worked several summers in construction, so I guess architectural work wouldn't be too bad if I can't get a job I like more.
Wikipedia wrote:They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change.
Key word: generally. I'm not too keen on changing, unless someone can give me an overwhelmingly good reason to (i.e. evidence that what I'm doing or believing is not "good" for me).
Wikipedia wrote:INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge.

If it's any indication, I don't even like my own title of "atheist", because it's an even more vague and unhelpful descriptor of me than the title of "INTP".

And I've been distrustful of authority of -years-. Personally, I'm of the opinion that, authoritatively my superior or not, you need to earn my respect (as I'm sure at -least- one of the mods on this forum can attest to). And I take -very- poorly to people who like to pull the, "I have authority, so I'm automatically right." card that so many people like to abuse when given a position of power over others.

**Note, this isn't directed at any of the moderators here; it's just a blanket statement. I currently have no qualms with any of the moderators on this forum (beyond petty squabbles in the past). :)
Wikipedia wrote:They have little patience for anything that seems illogical or that serve as obstacles for pursuing ideas and knowledge.

Fixed.
Wikipedia wrote:they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs.
Theoreticals are fun.
Wikipedia wrote:On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they need to be. To the INTPs' mind, they are presenting all the relevant information or trying to crystallize the concept as clearly as possible.
See my posts about 5-10 pages into the Furry thread.
Wikipedia wrote:Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group.
I can follow a group well enough, but I'm not a big fan of leading. Mostly because I tend to be bad at it.
Wikipedia wrote:However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them
"comical observations and references"

My bread and butter in conversation. Lol. I can't imagine I'm terribly charming, but people do seem to hold me in "high esteem", and I do often question why that is.
Wikipedia wrote:INTPs are driven to fully understand a discussion from all relevant angles. Their impatience with seemingly indefensible ideas can make them particularly devastating at debate.
I'm hardly an amazing debater, but I do often come across as very cross and impatient with people I think are supporting a silly or incompetent side of an argument. So, I'm "devastating" in that I often hurt people's feelings (sometimes purposely, but usually without realizing it) when I get into more heated discussion.
Wikipedia wrote:When INTPs feel insulted, they may respond with sudden, cutting criticism.
Yes. Very much, yes.

I'm desperately working on reducing the frequency that this happens, but "old habits die hard", as they say.
Wikipedia wrote:To INTPs, this is the crux of the problem: improperly handled emotions, INTPs believe, can only harm. While INTPs experience emotions as an important part of their internal lives, and sometimes share their emotions with others, INTPs nevertheless believe that emotions must not play a role in logical discussions, or be expressed in a way that would put themselves at disadvantage.

Pretty much. Though I also feel like that's self-explanatory. Logical discussions, by definition, are those run and settled by the rules of logic, and emotional pleas are irrelevant and unimportant in this type of conversation.

I'll probably retake it anyway, but we'll see.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"