He Changed It And Now It Sucks: Blog Posts?

Discuss the comic here
rickgriffin
Site Admin

He Changed It And Now It Sucks: Blog Posts?

Post by rickgriffin »

Okay, one of the things I read about a lot with making webcomics a successful career vehicle is being a person to your fans and creating dialogues and altogether being a person more than a product. (Still a brand, though)

So what do you think? The thing is that I'm not that long-spoken of an individual (despite wanting to be a novel writer) but there would always be an opportunity to say a bit more I suppose. I don't know what I would talk about though, other than some stuff that entertains me (art projects, writing projects, D&D, internet) And hardly any of it actually ties to the theme of the strip which is adorable pets doing silly things. I don't even own a pet at the moment, and I can't imagine blogging about them would be too exciting. But maybe there's more to it than that?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
merkamerka

Re: He Changed It And Now It Sucks: Blog Posts?

Post by merkamerka »

If you want to go a little far out on your comic you can make an external strip somewhere on the site and register it for only a certain age, and just freely express yourself.

Honestly, Don't listen to your fans, listen to your heart. I know I sound like a bad after school special but usually half of the ideas brought up by fans are so asshated that it's just bad.(this includes me if you wish)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootylicious

Bootylicious- It's in the dictionary.

GOD DURNIT, STOP run a marathon ME AWF!!!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: He Changed It And Now It Sucks: Blog Posts?

Post by Buckdida »

Well, you actually post in the forums and talk to us, and even ask for feedback; that's already a notch above some webcomic artists...

Anyway, blog posts hardly need to be about the comic, if that's what you're worried about. Take a look at just about any major webcomic and that is what you'll likely see. For the most part, the blog is used like, well, a blog. I assume the goal of a front page blog is so that the almighty comic author isn't a scary faceless person, but you already do a good job of talking with us in the froums! Rather regularly too.

Anyway, the posts can be about the comic (and creative process thereof) or just about what you're up to, etc. nor do they need to be long.

I don't see any reason why we would complain. Go for it if you want! This one is really your choice, like Merkamerka said.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack