Do your parents know that you are a furry?

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

ResTheRabbit

Re: Do your parents know that you are a furry?

Post by ResTheRabbit »

I'm from the Louisiana bayous, or at least 30 min. away from them and you just don't tell your parents that sort of thing. You can call it hiding behind something if you want but we all have dirty laundry and down here, gossip is extremely abundant, which means I'll be misunderstood immediately. lol So... as it stands, nope. But really I think they'd understand... I guess. They don't know the internet very well so they wouldn't exactly despise me immediately but if they looked it up for themselves, I'm pretty sure it would confuse them.
Z-Zman

Post by Z-Zman »

i'm not giving a long explanation. i'm just saying that they don't know

Elephants are too big to fit in the Bible
Bino

Post by Bino »

Z-Zman wrote:i'm not giving a long explanation. i'm just saying that they don't know
you didn't until yesterday Z :P
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Z-Zman

Post by Z-Zman »

Bino wrote:
Z-Zman wrote:i'm not giving a long explanation. i'm just saying that they don't know
you didn't until yesterday Z :P
What do you mean "until yesterday"?

Elephants are too big to fit in the Bible
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Know you were a furry, I think.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Alex wrote:
tim640 wrote:I think it's really weird to hide from parents who you are. It's like... Wearing a mask of a fake yourself. Just like you lie to yourself .___. Furry is our soul - well, mine for sure. It's a lifestyle, a dream... Nothing to hide here I think.
When my parents have realized about my ex-boyfriend... THAT'S what you sometimes need to hide better. x3
You're probably right. However, do you really feel better once you take that mask off?
No. My parents don't seem to talk to me as much, and anything involving animals the're really awkward.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I feel for you Zander. Its really awkward here too. They don't know, but whenever we watch a cartoon or something involving anthromorphic animals, I feel really awkward
Bino

Post by Bino »

they keep asking what all these animals are that I'm looking at on the computer are
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tell them you just like that kind of art. You don't have to say "I'm a furry."
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Or you can say that you just like animals ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

I just told them it's a funny comic i like, and i enjoy talking about it on the comic's forums... However topics like this in my history aren't good...
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Hey, that you read about this doesn't mean you're also one of this type persons ;)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

I know, but my mom walked over to me, took the laptop to look at something and then decided it would be funny to see if there was anything inappropriate on this website (which there isn't but...) i think she saw the title of this thread, and the title kind of implies that the person reading it is one... she didn't ask about it, but she had a strange look on her face...
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Well, for me more strange will be if she doesn't react for it. It's normal she had a strange look on her face, because she's your mother and she wants all the best for you and she cares about you. I won't say this my parents, especially my father, mother will understand it and if not support me, she won't talk about it.

tim640

Post by tim640 »

Oh guys... I just don't understand: what's so strange about it?.. Yeah, it's a different lifestyle, different interests... In my case it's even other perception of the world. But why it's so bad if you want to be an animal?.. Well, or a furry. Animals are often better than humans - IMO, of course... And all furrys are kind, cheerful and lovely beings - we don't hurt anyone, don't like drugs or something - we just love animals and want to be like them. So WHAT'S so bad in it?.. 0_o
...don't remind me about Bic ballpoint pen... It's the other side of our fandom x'3
Give me a hug if you want to be friends~ Huuuuuuug me now I said >)
Awww, write Tim a message! ^^ I'll be veryveryvery happy to talk with you~ Pleeeeease! ^////^
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I don't know tim, I've never seen anything wrong about "being furry". For my only wearing a suit is a little strange, but if somebody want to do it, I won't have anything against this. But most of people see in it something wrong and that's why it looks like this. It's something like fear to tell somebody you're gay (just example, no offence), I'm not, but I don't have anything against it, cause everybody can do/like/think what he/she want and it's not my business.

tim640

Post by tim640 »

Yeah that's it! Just can't understand why people finds this strange... .___.
Awww, write Tim a message! ^^ I'll be veryveryvery happy to talk with you~ Pleeeeease! ^////^
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Fear from something unknown and different from this what we see everyday on the street, TV, hear in radio, etc.?

tim640

Post by tim640 »

Maybe. But that's stupid... What exatly do they fear? Something new? But fears like that works somehow like "Oh my God he's a furry... That's so strange and different from my life... And I'm going to work again. Like every day... I'd like to try being a furry, but I'm too shy/busy/old for this, I fear they won't accept me. I envy him...". Sometimes people just think that everything different from their life is not normal...
That's why I love animals, not humans .___. Always too busy for something cute and new...
Ian the Gecko

Post by Ian the Gecko »

tim640 wrote:Oh guys... I just don't understand: what's so strange about it?.. Yeah, it's a different lifestyle, different interests... In my case it's even other perception of the world. But why it's so bad if you want to be an animal?.. Well, or a furry. Animals are often better than humans - IMO, of course... And all furrys are kind, cheerful and lovely beings - we don't hurt anyone, don't like drugs or something - we just love animals and want to be like them. So WHAT'S so bad in it?.. 0_o
...don't remind me about ****... It's the other side of our fandom x'3
The spoiler answers your question; I know a lot of furrs whose parents hate furries because of all the attention that the furverts get in the media. I have to work much harder, especially as a Christian furr, to show mundanes that we're not all pervs.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

It's stupid, but it's the nature of human. In the Middle Ages people thought that the Earth is flat and at the and of seas are monster and abyss and you can be sure death. It's natural for human, that are against something, which is abnormal for them. Burning books, even burning some scientists on the stack, because their views were different from what people heard in the Church (in the Middle Ages sort of our newspapers, TV, etc.). It's sort of self-defense system for human. And yes, this is in what animals are better than humans.

tim640

Post by tim640 »

Ian, yes, it's of course really influences their opinion. But... Umm... I'm watching, ahem, that-sort-of-art sometimes, and don't think it's so bad either.) But it's really something not normal for most of humans, out of the question...
But that not means just ALL the furrs are pervs, really .___.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It should be obvious you cannot discuss things that are above the forum's rating and against the rules. This has happened to every attempt to have a discussion about furries.

[ Thread Closed ]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other