HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

YingBlanc

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by YingBlanc »

oh hello grey I was about to welcome you on the welcome thread but why not kill 2 birds with one stone (if there is another bora somewhere :lol: just kidding) and for what Ying is doing today is he'll check his footage then go out and see what he can do. So yeh he'll pop back later and if the sleepover is still going to happen he'll go there as well.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Wow Grey.... you SOOOOOO copied Luck of the Irish from me :P Naw, just kidding
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Has anyone established the presence of a human school in Sunset Plateau?

Archy's owner's a teacher... if someone's already made one I didn't wanna have conflicts if school came up...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

razgriz wrote:Has anyone established the presence of a human school in Sunset Plateau?

Archy's owner's a teacher... if someone's already made one I didn't wanna have conflicts if school came up...
As far as I know no one has so go ahead and do your own when you can post.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

I guess this means that Val will have to wait for darien's answers, and for an eventual chat, and that the timeskip is stuck until you return.
O well, have fun then!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:I guess this means that Val will have to wait for darien's answers, and for an eventual chat, and that the timeskip is stuck until you return.
O well, have fun then!
I would have thought it would take far more time in RL to get to the timeskip than this afternoon... Or are we skipping the rest of the day, so we can flash-forward tonight? Anyway, I think I'll make Darien take a nap while I'm away, he's tired now (or will be as soon as I post) and I won't stop everyone else form moving forward. Valiant can interact with the others until Tuesday.

YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

have a good time fox. So what's the current status on everybody right now? I've been kinda out of it and I lost where we all are. I know we're all in the forest that's for sure.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:I would have thought it would take far more time in RL to get to the timeskip than this afternoon... Or are we skipping the rest of the day, so we can flash-forward tonight? Anyway, I think I'll make Darien take a nap while I'm away, he's tired now (or will be as soon as I post) and I won't stop everyone else form moving forward. Valiant can interact with the others until Tuesday.
Hmm, at this point, Val has no reasons to interact with the others, since it's Darien that means a lot to him. the timeskip would mean that several months would pass without them clarifying their positions (and no, a simple 'don't worry' or something like that wouldn't work) and that would likely kill their relationship...
BUT, the sleepover at this point is dead history, and this day has become useless for what regards Valiant and Rikki.
So, for now I see 3 endings, here:

1) we all take a pause until TBF is back.
2) Val and Dari stop talking to each other and go home to rest while the ohter players keep up until TBF is back, then we conclude the day somehow
3) timeskip. End of Val/Dari relationship.

Other suggestions?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I still think that even if we forget about the sleepover, many of the characters need to tie the loose ends before we can skip forward. There's Destiny in the forest (btw. why is Shamrock going home, shouldn't he look for her?), Ying and Dakotah, Paige is reading in the park, Will is being adopted... We definitely won't jump in the middle of all of that. At least I think we won't. So yeah, I'm pretty much thinking option 2 is the best choice right now, the others can move along, and we'll play out the big talk as we have time, after I come back at the worst... Also what made you think I would consider option 3 ?!

valerio

Post by valerio »

if you agree to it, then I too will go for option 2. Valiant and Dari will talk to each other when you're back.
option 3 was considered because exploring the chapel and the sleepover were the fundament of this day. Icekitsune delayed the timeskip in order to do these 2 things, and now they're no more, so what would be the point in keeping on the day?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I get that Ice wants the timeskip, I meant the part about ending the relationship...

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I can wait, if you want. I am kind of tired and busy too anyway.

As for the timeskip, Darien could visit Valiant the next day or vice versa. Just because it is not played out in-game doesn't mean nothing happened. You can do it in PM, or just assume the conclusion. (Valiant and Darien can't be spending all those months without any interactions, the thought of apologize again or confront again should resurface sometimes during the timeskip. That is unless they are so emotionally damaged that they don't want to talk each other for months, but wouldn't Rikki try to snap Valiant out when she gets better?)
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:I get that Ice wants the timeskip, I meant the part about ending the relationship...
I don't know about Darien, but of course he seemed really upset from Val's angry reaction.
As for Valiant, he has lost the few self-confidence he had built. If the timeskip occurs (and again, we're talking months, not a day) before him and Darien had the occasion to talk, he won't recover from the depression, and that will end his side of the relationship, also turning him into an angrier and closed individual, as it had happened before he moved to US.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Guys when I said we would void the rest of the day I didn't mean I wouldn't give you time to wrap stuff up. (not much mind you but some like maybe a 3-4 days at most but quicker would be better.) Plus you guys can RP stuff that happened between the Time Skip, just like over PMs or the IRC and stuff so Valiant and Darien don't have to break up. Jeez don't you guys know how this stuff works here?

As for GreyFox your character is approved you can start after we time skip (which will be by Wednesday at the latest since it looks like the sleepover isn't happening anymore. Sorry for taking so long on your character) and razgriz you need to pick a text color please.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I don't really like the idea of ending relationships over time-skips. It seems like there's still loose ends if you don't actually RP it, you know?
Also, Shamrock doesn't have to find Destiny, since...he's going home....? She's on her way back out of the forest.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:Also, Shamrock doesn't have to find Destiny, since...he's going home....? She's on her way back out of the forest.
Well I was just saying because one moment he was running after his girlfriend and now he's like 'Meh, I'll go take a nap, or whatever...'. Granted, there was the whole Rikki got stabbed incident, but he forgot about her fast...

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

IceKitsune wrote: and razgriz you need to pick a text color please.
I claim the uber-dark-blue for my color... #000040
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Shamrock didn't forget about his girlfriend, he just knows that she can take care of herself, and that she'll be fine.

Alright, so, I did a bit of RP'ing with Archy to get him ready... and I think I'm ready with Charger.

Edit: I should point out that I have never attempted a single RP with two characters..... so, if I start getting names mixed up, don't find it surprising. I have a bad case of some mental disorder that no one knows about, ADHD is too mainstream, that prevents me from remembering things that just happened... it's like, short term memory loss syndrome or something, so yeah. I'll attempt to separate Charger and Shamrock as best I can.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

I'd like to put my character, Gray up for becoming part of this neighborhood. However, the OOC thread section for sunset doesn't describe much. What kind of setting is it right now? Magical? Surreal? Dramatic? Down to earth? It's very open for what goes on here.

Gray Savage
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

We're not running any magic, I should point that out.... it's a very down to earth sort of RP, keep things realistic
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

As Chall said its very down to earth no magic or anything like that. I like your character I approve you can start posting after the Time Skip on Wednesday.
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay! Welcome Zalgo and WELCOME Gray Savage! :D :D
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

Hey guys it me, um i fixed up all the problems and I wanted to ask if dust is still in the rp?
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ummmm Yeah he is you can start up again after the Time Skip (since its coming this Wednesday) if you wish. Just have Dust wake up in his house after the Skip. Nice to see you back by the way.
valerio

Post by valerio »

rempar11 wrote:Hey guys it me, um i fixed up all the problems and I wanted to ask if dust is still in the rp?
YAY, COMEBACK!!!!
I'm happy to see you, man, can't wait to meet dust! :D :D :D :D
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

A thought occurs: If we're having the timeskip on Wednesday, that is tomorrow, how much in-RP time do we have to wrap things up? We're somewhere around noon, so we definitely won't be able to do the full day.

valerio

Post by valerio »

I guess Val and Darien could have their small talk and snuggle out the rest of the day.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok do you guys want to postpone the Timeskip for a few more days? I would say no later then Sunday please but if you guys don't then it will be Wednesday.
valerio

Post by valerio »

No later than sunday would be fine.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Bah, one day of studying and I already lose my ability to follow up...

I will probably just do a warp up post later for Blueberry...

Edit: Now I think about it, I can't. He was supposed to look for Destiny first!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok since it would be really awkward to just wrap up this day now I'm delaying it till Sunday and that is as far as it will go so wrap things up by then please. Sorry to the new people and Rempar11 it looks like you will have to wait a bit longer.
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Yea, I'll just have my character go home because I haven't been on in a while. I just kinda want to get to the time skip and then I'll start paying attention to the rp again because I have just been ignoring it lately.
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I see that there is a time warp coming up on sunday,and there are open slots, so now is the appropriate time to join, right? I'm new to RPing, so im sorry if I mess up. Correct me if I do mess up though.

Name: Saphia Boren

Character Type: Main

Species: Cat ( I don't think there are any blue cats breeds. Is this a problem?)

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Thanks to Kylar

Personality: Saphia is a shy cat. She spends alot of time alone reading, mostly fantasy books. When you get to know her she is very kind and sensitive. She doesn't talk much ,and when she does, it is usually in a whisper.

Background: Not much background. She was adopted from a shelter at a young age by her mother, Amy Boren, who works from home as a copy editor. As a kitten, she spent most of her time at home either reading or with her mother.

SPECIAL
STR-3-She is a female cat that spent her life in doors.
PER-7- Has good senses.
END-5-Meh.
CHA-4-Is shy around other pets.
INT-9-Spent alot of time reading.
AGI-7-Cats are agile, right?
LUC-7-She's not a black cat.
Thats all 42 right?

Color: #00BFFF if not taken
valerio

Post by valerio »

ooo, I like! :D
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Heh looks cute I approve so when I time skip on Sunday you can start posting
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

IceKitsune wrote:Heh looks cute I approve so when I time skip on Sunday you can start posting
Yay. Thank you.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

WOOHOO!! We made it to the time skip! Excellent... Charger will be coming around in the morning, the motor roaring loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood if anyone is still asleep. ;)
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

And with this, I am going to focus on my studies. I probably won't be posting in character a lot until the exam is over or something.

Although, why don't everyone start discussing what would happen during the timeskip? I know Blueberry is going to look for Eris, maybe to apologize for his lack of attention.

By the way, we have now reached 16 players. I personally don't mind this at all, but we need to decide: Should we stop accepting new players? Raise the open slots to 20? Or start using a public vote system of some sort?

And I personally recommend everyone to stop gathering in one large group like today. Because 20 pets (the current amount of characters) in one spot is going to be even more impossible.

@Zalgo
Please pick a text color, unless you already have. If that's the case, please show me the post because I missed it.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Aquablast wrote:Although, why don't everyone start discussing what would happen during the timeskip? I know Blueberry is going to look for Eris, maybe to apologize for his lack of attention.

By the way, we have now reached 16 players. I personally don't mind this at all, but we need to decide: Should we stop accepting new players? Raise the open slots to 20? Or start using a public vote system of some sort?

And I personally recommend everyone to stop gathering in one large group like today. Because 20 pets (the current amount of characters) in one spot is going to be even more impossible.
ummm I think we should stop accepting new players for a while then maybe after another game day or two start using the vote system. And for the love of god yes please stop doing that everyone it gets to be to much. As for during the time skip I really don't have any sort of plans for Lance right now might come up with some by the morning.