Discuss the comic here
Bino

Post by Bino »

To sum it up most everyone's guesses involve max, bino, or fido
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Bino wrote:To sum it up most everyone's guesses involve max, bino, or fido
or a new character which would make speculation pointless
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Rick is an excellent character designer and though he said he wished he would have gone deeper with it, he didn't leave loop holes. For now he has everyone set up in an equal or passive relationships. Grape will not date Peanut. Tarot loves Peanut. Etc... Etc... Still it seems odd to create a new character for this simplenpurpose and it'd be just a tad to easy to accomplish. So far all of the existing characters are bound together, save for a few that really would want consent for various reasons. My bet is on the Mr. Bigglesworths. With all the self-identity issues, one of them is bound to have the 101 Dalmation effect, I.E. wants to be seperate, independent. Pete's not a particular rule follower but he isn't a total fathead. Vengeance isn't his game from what I can tell. But lying when he's in a corner, I don't doubt it. He'd probably promise power to one of the Mr. Bigglesworths. (shrugs) I mean I'm not the one writing the story, so we won't know for sure till it's out anyway.

P.S. Don't leave Zach with Tiger, he's only got like one friend. In fact, is there any reason he and peanut don't hang around much? (aside from not getting out much?) If you took Marvin away, you'd cripple him. Housepets! isn't cynical enough to leavw him alone by himself.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I have one thing to say about the relationships part. Just because the relationships are stable now doesn't mean anything about later. Saying so and so will never do this or that is a stretch to say unless its out of character. Relationships break down, there's nothing stable about a dating status in fiction or real life.

Secondly. The Bigglesworth thing would mean this Bigglesworth has to look somewhat different so he could be distinguishable to the audience. Of course that can be easily done afterward by Pete but then that would mean Pete would have a hard time finding him before hand. Unless the Bigglesworth is doing stuff to look different like painting himself or something.

Thirdly. I really really wish it was.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Hmmm, but I could be fun, if he choose one of the Bigglesworth and every time he need to find who of them is his avatar ;)

I agree with exranio about relationships, it's something which can be very stable, but also unstable. Especially in real life is something unstable and unpredicted. So here also a lot could happens, if Rick will want to do so.
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

exranio wrote:I have one thing to say about the relationships part. Just because the relationships are stable now doesn't mean anything about later. Saying so and so will never do this or that is a stretch to say unless its out of character. Relationships break down, there's nothing stable about a dating status in fiction or real life.

Secondly. The Bigglesworth thing would mean this Bigglesworth has to look somewhat different so he could be distinguishable to the audience. Of course that can be easily done afterward by Pete but then that would mean Pete would have a hard time finding him before hand. Unless the Bigglesworth is doing stuff to look different like painting himself or something.

Thirdly. I really really wish it was.
I agree with this, rick is much more likely to simply develop his characters than to make an entirely new one just to be Pete's avatar (again). A break up could easily push one of the more frequently guessed characters towards Pete, although i doubt fido will break up with sabrina. Ultimately, it's possible Pete simply quits and never shows up again, you can never be certain
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

You know I just remembered something, there was one Siamese Mr. Bigglesworth that was different. I'm not really saying that changes whether Pete will choose him or not, but there is one with glasses that continually reoccurs. He was at the mall for the book and he was also the one directing the speed racer spoof. Actually I'm a bit confused on the gender hahah.

And you know it's really true that Siamese are hard to tell the gender on. I have a siamese and we thought he was a girl at first but then we took him for a check-up and well we had to change the name hehe.
Bino

Post by Bino »

yeah there is one different one, however i doubt rick would take such a minor character and do something like that with them. For all we know Rick may never even return to this topic (unlikely but possible). I remember him being slightly irritated at the number of people questioning him so much about this stuff, so he may just avoid it or put it off as long as possible with occasional teases like he does with other fan favorites (grapenut).

It's unfortunate that he knows how to manipulate us so.....
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

In Poland we say: "Co będzie, to będzie" (in english: "What will be will be"). It's Rick decision what he do with it. Maybe Pete never return to Babylon Gardens, maybe he come back with new avatar, maybe he choose one of current character, we don't know and if I can choose, I don't want to know it ;)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

Yeah Rick, don't ruin it for us! 8-)
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

As you said earlier, he probably won't do it, cause he doesn't look here ;)

ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

You know really I'm just posting up inquiry on the subject to get interesting feedback. I don't really want him to tell us. The best stories have surprises after all. ;) You're right polish guy (jokingly) what will be will be. As an audience, speculation is only useful in the since that its feedback can help to influence a decision but I really don't want to influence anything in the story.

Back on subject however, yeah the Bigglesworth thing is pretty doubtful since the siamese are like a dime a dozen. However, the entire objective of avatar manipulation is unclear in my opinion and Rick admitted he wished he had given as much thought as he wished he had on the subject at the beginning of the forum. Well, it seems influence over the main characters was the primary objective, at least in some cases. But pinning down the objective is like playing dungeon and dragons, it can go on forever.

I'm not trying to say Rick is going to do anything or that he's not but when peanut went to see Tarot in her dragon form she tried to kiss him and since their relationship is on such a high level, she being some sort of astral being, the story will have no choice but to teeter back in favor of some explanation of the situation regarding the giant D&D world they live in. I say this because as long as Peanut is in love with Tarot, and she with him, there is the bond that ties the two arcs together indefinetly until something visibly changes in the story. From this it will be what it will be, what that is, don't ask me cause I'm not the writer. :D
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Btw, what I'm about to ask is unrelated to the subject at hand but I can't find an answer any other way. How do you make an avatar picture? I'd like to draw something and put it in but I can't figure out the profile page. Sorry for being dumb. :P
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Box O Lions wrote:Btw, what I'm about to ask is unrelated to the subject at hand but I can't find an answer any other way. How do you make an avatar picture? I'd like to draw something and put it in but I can't figure out the profile page. Sorry for being dumb. :P
questions and requests for Forum's avatars can be found here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=13&t=232
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Box O Lions wrote:You're right polish guy (jokingly)
Hey, am I stand up for this? :P

But back at the topic, I agree with you, best stories should or even must have surprises. We can only speculate about some things, but it's Rick's decision what will happen and how the storie looks.

So of course, we can still discuss about it and "what will be if ..." but we can only suggest something through our discussions to Rick, but it'll happen only if Rick wants to do something connected with this. We can't "forces" him to do it ;)

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

my bet is on Joey's unnamed dalmatian friend whom everyone seems to forget about.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I still think Fox will be Pete's avatar for the reasons already stated here. But let's wait and see what Rick has planned.
Well, IMO, it's either Fox (likely), Res (he can gain Grape's trust quite easily and because of that she won't cause a ruckus for having a magical creature near her, so likely as well) or a brand new character (also likely, but it would be quite disapointing)
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
exranio

Post by exranio »

It would be cool if it hegot someone to be his avatar ,but it was done ina way where no one (including us) saw it and we have to figure it out. I love murder mystery and this is probably the closest we're ever getting.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Hmmm, and what do you think about Karishad? It could be quite interesting experiment :lol:

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

jopencjusz wrote:Hmmm, and what do you think about Karishad? It could be quite interesting experiment :lol:
No! Please! ANYONE but Karishad! :lol:
I do not wish to imagine the horror this would bring.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Hehe, I'm sure Pete also will very quick realised what he done and give up this idea :lol: I give him 2 weeks maximum :P But it'll be great and we've got more Karishad on comic :lol:

Indagare

Post by Indagare »

Obbl wrote:
jopencjusz wrote:Hmmm, and what do you think about Karishad? It could be quite interesting experiment :lol:
No! Please! ANYONE but Karishad! :lol:
I do not wish to imagine the horror this would bring.
Karishad is a fox, and so immediately disqualified since a full avatar can only be a cat or dog. :geek:
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I know, but you won't tell me that Pete is very obey to the rules of game :P

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

He can 'bend' the rules to a point, but Karishad is not a housepet, he's a feral. A feral who lives in the zoo of all things. Also any time Pete bends the rules, he can be called on it, like Spirit Dragon called him on his improper transformation of Joel/King.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I know, but it's good to try to imaginate what will happens if it would be possible. It'll be total disaster for Gardens :lol:

exranio

Post by exranio »

We can all dream can't we.
And I'm just want to bring it up again. I think that whole Sasha is protected thing is garbage.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Karishad would be awesome a Pete's avatar, but it's not possible

Even if Sasha wasn't protected she'd still be a very low level choice. She's not smart or power hungry. The only thing she's good for is messing with Bino and King, which isn't really that useful of a skill
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Bino wrote:The only thing she's good for is messing with Bino and King, which isn't really that useful of a skill
But it could be useful, if Pete wants to take revenge on King ;) Not very possible, but ..... ;)

Bino

Post by Bino »

Pete wants to win, not to get revenge on King. And if he really Does just want revenge on King, he definitely wouldn't throw away the game for it!
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Well at least we don't know what Pete's has on mind and it's hard to guess. For sure main goal is winning the game, but on the other hand, he's character who can do almost everything ;)

exranio

Post by exranio »

Sasha's romancing seems to have a slight hold on everyone as far as I seen, or everyone who is a dog anyway.
Cory

Post by Cory »

exranio wrote:Sasha's romancing seems to have a slight hold on everyone as far as I seen, or everyone who is a dog anyway.
Yeah, I get it; Bards can be useful if you know how to play 'em right :ugeek:
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Maybe it'll be the fat guy from PETA
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

angelusbr wrote:Maybe it'll be the fat guy from PETA
it has to be a dog or a cat. I think it will be the black dog from the last comic.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Hey, technicaly King is a guy from PETA and he was his avatar ;) Dragon doesn't allow for it, but for some time he was Pete's avatar ;)

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Maybe it'll be the fat guy from PETA
it has to be a dog or a cat. I think it will be the black dog from the last comic.
The 9-talied fox said that past status is fine.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

We'll have to just wait and see. That said the Housepets cast is already -really- big. I don't think Rick's going to bring in a brand new character for this that would be left floating afterwards.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Its not that big. The average comic book or anime still has way more characters.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

exranio wrote:Its not that big. The average comic book or anime still has way more characters.
It's bigger when you consider that we see at most 3 strips a week.
Image Image
exranio

Post by exranio »

I stand by my statement.