HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

IceKitsune

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance can be the first person hit by Bora Valerio.
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:Lance can be the first person hit by Bora Valerio.
*salutes* honor to the fallen packmate!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*stealth post*

Grr, if Khun and Paige had got there "yesterday". Say, can I "slip something" else in the backpack? The flare gun perhaps?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Man, it is really chaotic right now, the truth is I am not too sure how this is going to resolve either. Only if this is a D&D game! :lol:

I wonder if we should slow down a little and let everyone react first, before continuing on?

And I am just going to let Ice handle the flare gun thing.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Roll for initiative on d20. Roll for Luck on d6 :D Yeah, I'll wait until everyone comes back and sees the trouble we got ourselves into
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Oh, Hunter, that's something Paige has now, anyway. Whether or not he thinks to use it in this situation...
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:Oh, Hunter, that's something Paige has now, anyway. Whether or not he thinks to use it in this situation...
Well that solved that then.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Challenger01 wrote:Yeah, I'll wait until everyone comes back and sees the trouble we got ourselves into
Me too.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I am seriously reluctant about posting, but I am also reluctant about letting things pile up. Then I decided to post anyway because I already spent an hour or two on it, which would turn invalid again if I waited any longer.

And poor ctc... He is missing out WAY too much things... And so are 62&4 and Ying...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Yeah, this might have worked better if we split up and went to the chapel first, before encountering Bora. This large group is just very hard to manage.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Oh darn it! I was going to post, but I had a track meet today and just got home :(
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Did Blueberry suddenly become more perceptive? Or was he faking his clumsiness all along? Was it just a fluke? Was it an intelligence-based deduction? Did Aquablast messed up? Some other theory? I will let you figure it out by yourself! :lol: ... For now!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

*new guy*

Ello' if ye'll have me, I'd like to RP with ya's, albeit I'm still figuring things out....

Code: Select all

Name: Archimedes Dresener (arch or archy)

Species: Dog

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

-Appearance-
Archy is pretty close to your text book geek. He's small and skinny but that just makes him lighter. Around his bones is just about zero in the way of fat and enough muscle that he is able to outrun things which would intend harm. His fur is as close to pure white as you can get in anything made of matter. The only contradictions to this white are his black pads, grey eyes and a black nose. 

In contradiction to his white colors, Arch's colar is black and he wears around a black bandanna. The bandanna is something he has really as a tool, its worn like a scout's neckerchief and he'll use it like one. Any boy scout can give you a couple of hundred reasons to always have one handy. Attatched to his colar is a plus sign, it has all his owner's information on the back and sort of represents where Archy's name comes from - the great mathematician Archimedes.

-Personality-
Archimedes is like his owner and a lot like the guy he's named for. Physical things don't get his attention. The most he's done there is a bit of hiking and long distance running. This makes him fast and agile but he's physically weak, unable to move huge objects. Not that that's enough to stop a determined geek.

Rather than hyper-active, Archy is a thinker. He reads like a maniac, works on some pretty higher end math and seems to have some natural affinity for electronics and machines. It leaves him with a lot of brain but socially speaking, he's as out of place as a Sabertooth tiger at a dog convention.

The social habits and general things animals do are his greatest weakness. He knows of some-things but theory and practice are two different sides of two different coins. It leaves one Archimedes to be shy, easily embarrased and flustered around others at times.

Other Notes:
- Was bought as a christmas present to be given to a family's too kids. Things did not work out and he was taken to an animal rescue Christmas night. There things were rough for him as what other pups were present seemed to be of a meaner breed.
- For a time, Archy was placed in an empty cage in the cats' section of the rescue. It was decided on by the staff to be the safest thing for him at the time. This results in his usually getting along fairly well with cats, he somewhat understands them.
- It is only recently that he's been adopted. Most of his life was spent at the shelter. During that time, he was well cared for by the shelter staff and got a few extra priveldges. These extra things were normally books and for a while running with a volunteer who was involved in a school track team.
- Currently he lives with a school teacher, Mr. Andrew Dresner. He is certified to teach Technology Education and English at the high school level. The guy is single and has given up home on finding love or having kids, so he instead found a pet to be his little buddy and companion into his older years.

SPECIAL
STRENGTH-4
PERCEPTION-8
ENDURANCE-6
CHARISMA-4
INTELLIGENCE-8
AGILITY-8
LUCK-4		
I am gonna be less-active on the site in the coming weeks for a school musical (the cost of being my school's light chief), but I'll try and keep up and I figured might as well jump and try to fit in while I could.
Last edited by razgriz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Holy smoly a new face in Sunset! Well then! Before you're approved, I only ask one thing of you.

Please please pleeeeeaaassseee don't join the RP then leave a month later.... it's kinda something we here in the RP have been getting annoyed about, and we really hope Archy stays :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I won't leave... just life's gonna turn a few shades of grey until mid-april... And I know the feeling.. I've been in Trek RP's for close to 2 and a half years, people leave right in the middle of a mission and your doing a big post or plot arc... Ah, dat' steams me...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, wow! It would be great to have a new muzzle in the neighborhood, but just as challenger said, I hope you can concede us some crumbs of your time rather than disappearing after joining...
Also, maybe I missed it, but is Archy a 'generic' dog or is he of a breed?
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I'd thought German Shepherd, but that is probably the anti-Archy... Generic dog for now....

*Plants flag*

I'm staying...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I approve of your character. welcome to Sunset enjoy your stay I hope its a long one.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Character numero dos!

Character link

Name: Charger Robertson

Species: Basenji

Character Type: Main Character

Appearance: White with base coat with brown fur. Wears an orange collar with a metal Ace of Spades for a tag, with information on the reverse.

Personality: Charger is one of those dogs that are easy enough to get along with, but given the opportunity, he'll blather on until he's blue in the face. He somewhat socially inept when it comes to strangers, but he's a great friend to have when you need him there. Charger loves to play poker with his father, specifically Texas Hold 'Em. He's been alone most of his life, never really explored his sexuality much, he just knows who knows him and how to behave.

Backstory: Charger's dad is Allan Robertson, a former semi-professional racer turned computer technician after his wife, Patricia, was killed in a Allan's 1969 Dodge Charger (by an oncoming car). Allan rebuilt the car in her memory, and named his dog after it, to remind him of his wife. Allan and Charger moved to Sunset to get away from their old life, and to start anew, some place where Allan could hide his fears of losing his dog as well. Charger helped rebuild the car with his dad and finished just before the two moved to the Plateau.

Strength: 5 ("20 pounds, sure! 45 pounds... uh?")
Perception: 10 (*pulls two Aces* "I'll call" *poker face*)
Endurance: 4 (*pants* "300 more feet! AUUUGHH!")
Charisma: 7 ("You've got the Jack of Hearts under there don't you?")
Intelligence: 9 ("It's a coin flip of a hand, I'm all in")
Agility: 4 ("Jump over a fence? Can I use a ladder first?")
Luck: 3 ("The one card that could have ruined me, came out on the river")

Character voice color: #FF4000
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Approved of course. :P can't wait for the Time Skip
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Name: Chi

Species: Cheshire cat

-Appearance-
Ni has stripes all over his body. While there is a straight black pattern from head to tail, the in-betweens range with colors from all over the rainbow. You usually can't tell though. Most of the time he's just a grinning face and eyes until he lets you see him.

-Personality-
Ni is about as Cheshire looking as the classic cat from the book that spawned the original. He is sarcastic, rude, mischevious, daring, a rebel, and just about as rashful as a mystical being can be. He does know what the right thing is though, and most of his shenanigans are to have that come about. Another odd thing about Ni is his religious views. His exact goals remain a mystery, though he is mostly an agent of change. He doesn't show up that often, but when he does, expect things to go haywire!

-Other-
-Chi can change the weather at anytime he pleases. Be it rain or snow, the opposite will occur of what he happens to think your thinking. Or he may change it up to just spite you on purpose.

-Chi can play with matter much like a ghost. One thing becomes another and objects swap places on their own! It's not permanent though. The longest can be a minute or two.

-Chi can be very convincing. He once stopped a suicide by convincing the victims that unicorns were coming out of the walls to get him. The man never tried again. Chi knows, he checks on him from time to time.

SPECIAL
STRENGTH- n/a "Oh you silly mortal, here, give it to me. There, that was easy!"
PERCEPTION-n/a "Nice try my dear, but I wrote the book of old tricks!"
ENDURANCE-n/a "What, are lagging behind again? I thought you were GOOD! Come on now!"
CHARISMA-n/a "Ohhhhhh, please, it won't hurt at all. And you'll be fine before you know it!"
INTELLIGENCE-n/a "The only person smarter then me is King Solomon. And that's a fact!"
AGILITY-n/a"Poof, here I am! Poof, I'm over here! Poof! Oh no, you missed again! Heheh!"
LUCK-n/a "Well well well, aren't you a lucky dog today! You get to spend it with me!"

Residence: Sunset Plateau
See my post in main. But, I'll just be sporadic and mischevious if anything.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sadly most of the people in this RP agreed no magic so I can't let you do this character sorry. I wish I could but I can't it was agreed no magic.
The Game

Post by The Game »

*Ahem*

DUN, DUN, DUNNNNNNNN.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*snaps fingers*
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Wait, what's just happened? :shock: Destiny, Valiant...

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Wait, what's just happened? :shock: Destiny, Valiant...
Better way to discover is to play along, right?
What will Darien do..?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:
The Broken Fox wrote:Wait, what's just happened? :shock: Destiny, Valiant...
Better way to discover is to play along, right?
What will Darien do..?
I know. I didn't really mean that as a question, I rather meant it as "Oh, the drama!"

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

See the OOC in my post in the main topic guys I'm not really happy right now.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

in reply to IK on the rp side of things the sleepover is still on but you'd need to ask val and fox
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
valerio

Post by valerio »

YingBlanc wrote:in reply to IK on the rp side of things the sleepover is still on but you'd need to ask val and fox
I gave an answer in thread. I improvise as events unfold. Valiant has a problem that happened to explode now instead of later in the game. If the sleepover is still on or not, it depends on the others and on what happens in the next playing hours.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know what maybe I will regret this later but right now I don't really care, because I'm angry; here is whats going to happen we are going to vote: 1. Sleepover is still happening? 2. If it is, does anyone have any other plans for the day? Since this main one is now done as far as I'm concerned. If the Sleepover is still happening and no one has any plans for the day we are going to skip to it. If its not happening we are just voiding the rest of this day and having the Time Skip to winter now.

Edit: You know the point of this whole extra day was so we could explore the chapel guys. I mean if we weren't going to do that I would have just time skipped.
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:You know what maybe I will regret this later but right now I don't really care, because I'm angry; here is whats going to happen we are going to vote: 1. Sleepover is still happening? 2. If it is, does anyone have any other plans for the day? Since this main one is now done as far as I'm concerned. If the Sleepover is still happening and no one has any plans for the day we are going to skip to it. If its not happening we are just voiding the rest of this day and having the Time Skip to winter now.

Edit: You know the point of this whole extra day was so we could explore the chapel guys. I mean if we weren't going to do that I would have just time skipped.
OK, here's my vote and proposal:

vote: sleepover should happen
Proposal: exploring the chapel still can be done, if someone else has a plan to talk to Bora out of any possible fight.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I already told Valerio this so I'm gonna tell you guys; If we all agree on a course of action for the day and do not later talk it over and agree to change that course of action, we are to stick to the original plan got that? If this stuff happens again I will quit.
The Game

Post by The Game »

First of all, sorry if a derailed anything. I was kind of trying to make Destiny a deeper character, like my others, but I don't think it worked out very well...

Second, what sleepover?

Third, let's go get that chapel! Or play a game in the woods, like capture the flag or Ultimate Hide and Seek.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I am sorry, but I think we should just skip the chapel. I think that scenario has gotten a little out of hand now, not just because of this little scene, but also because so many people left and joined during it's planning.
I also take a lot of the blame for introducing Will the way I did. We went from one huge mind-cramp to another, and the first was unplanned on your parts, so I'm sorry.

HOWEVER. However, I do think we (you? Paige wasn't invited, Will can't be yet.) should do the sleepover. Instead of just saying "They went to Val's house and fell asleep" you could rp them staying up late? I know I would at a sleepover.
Unless that was the plan. :3
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Actually Pecan you introducing Will was not at all what I was talking about. I was talking about how the whole thing in the forest went and how going to the chapel was basically railroaded; not the stuff with Will before that.

Edit: And yes if the Sleepover happens that is the plan.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Okay, I think it's time I threw in my two cents about this situation...

We did agree on exploring the chapel, but from my point of view, no one derailed anything! This isn't exactly a pre-written script we're playing out here. While the whole situation has gotten out of hand a little more than it should have, I see no reason why we can't just roll with it and see where things go today. I mean, the thing we're doing right now is RP-ing. That's the same thing we would do after the timeskip, so I think we should definitely finish RPing this day one way or another... As for how that will be, well, we'll just have to see about that sleepover. Right now it's pretty chaotic in Sunset.

But I promise, that in the future, I'll try to stick to the general plan!

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I will just say that I agree with Broken Fox. Like real life, stuff can happen suddenly and cause a plan to change. Spontaneity is a part of life and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

But if you people really don't like it, then fine. Just tell me what you want, and I will roll with it.

Also, the things aren't THAT out of hand.

I am currently expecting:
Blueberry-Destiny-Shamrock
1. Destiny's reaction: probably involves the emotion of anger and maybe shouting
2. Shamrock catching up with Destiny and Blueberry and say things base on what Destiny says/trying to get Destiny to stop whatever she was going to do (if Sham acts before Destiny)
3. Possible confrontation with Bora (might not happen)

Valiant
1. Go back home with possibly some exposition of his background or possibly a change of mind/attitude

Rikki
Not really sure, but:
1. Possibly trying to confront Bora
2. Possibly trying to get Destiny back
3. Possibly trying to get things straight with Blueberry/Destiny (if he/she is the cause of Valiant's rage whatnot)

Darien
1. Chase after Destiny

Lance
1. Possibly chase after Destiny with Darien
2. Possibly get angry thanks to everything that has suddenly happened and how the nice plan of expedition fall apart so suddenly

Ying
1. Go home and maybe come back later (not sure)

Paige
No idea at all

Dakotah and Eris
Not yet acted

Perhaps some of you won't be happy when I try to predict and state everything like this, but I seriously don't know what's wrong.

Edit: What is Archy's text color, by the way? I can't update the first page without knowing that!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Except this isn't real life its an RP. This is more like a GM setting up a dungeon crawl in D&D, the players agree to do the crawl, get to it; and then suddenly deciding that they don't want to do the crawl anymore and just wander off to do what ever they want. While I haven't played D&D before I almost certain that you can't do that. And my biggest problem is this I set up this day to explore the Chapel if you guys didn't want to do that (which is the feeling I got from what happened in the woods,from some of you anyway) then I would have just Time Skipped as I said before.
Grey_fox20
Location: Scotland, but then England, then New Zealand, now Australia.

Post by Grey_fox20 »

I'm thinking of joining this RP, it'll be my first and hopefully best RP I'll join.

My character is here:

Name: Grey O'Mardar
Character type: Main
Species: Fox
Appearance: Light gray colored fox, tip of tail fur is black. Wears a dark red collar with a tag shaped like a feather, made out of silver. Always wears a leather jacket when around others. Iris' is colored gray.
Personality: A secretive pet, only does something if it could benefit him. Usually keeps to himself but will act as needed. Is very loyal but he will always bend the truth to suit him. But will always stand up for himself or anyone he considers a friend.
Plus, is willing to make a bet over anything and everything, confident that he'll never lose due to "Luck o' the Irish".
Other Notes: Lived in Ireland, stayed until he was 6 in pet years and had to leave when his owner was called into military service. The only thing Gray has from his original owner is the leather jacket and Feather tag. Has always wanted to become a feral animal outside of domestication. Also, he has a slight medical problem, when his stress reaches too high a level, it can cause him to lose motor functions, can cause a small blackout or cause extreme pains in his ribs due to an injury in a previous attempt to escape from domesticated life.
SPECIAL:
Strength-4 (A little below average, but can do most physical tasks)
Perception-4 (Is aware of most surroundings, but will,sometimes, end up running into a lamp post or two)
Endurance-6 (Can keep moving on more than others, thanks to him enduring his medical condition for so long, but will eventually give up)
Charisma-10 (Can talk his way out of almost any situation, really helps whenever he loses one of his own bets)
Intelligence-7 (due to his medical condition, he has to keep his stress down, forcing him to take up many hobbies, all of which have helped him learn more and allows him to solve things a little faster than others)
Agility-6 (Thanks to nuemerous escape attempts he has been able to find out how to climb silently, run fast and slip past many different things)
Luck-5 (His luck is an average thing, without the "Luck O' The Irish" he wouldn't have any luck at all, but mostly shows up at the right time and place)

Hopefuly, I get approved and will be RP'ing in no time.

Update: RP Text Color #009E00
Last edited by Grey_fox20 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

RP Characters:
Grey-S4 P4 E6 C10 I7 A6 L5
Buaigh-S10 P3 E10 C5 I2 A10 L2