This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
IRC 1930's investigator. (Slots OPEN!) 
Author Message
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post IRC 1930's investigator. (Slots OPEN!)
This Roleplay will take place on IRC at a specific times (made so that it was convenient for everyone) so that we can actually finish.


This takes place in the 1940's and is completely Anthro in Lackadaisy style. And each species is a certain ethnicity. (kinda updating this as we talk about it)
I will take 5 slots (First come first serve)

1. Dissension
2. Teh Brawler
3. Jimmy Jazz
4. Zander
5.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 339
Location: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (First come first serve)
so whats the story, morning glory?

_________________
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Image


Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (First come first serve)
We can work on a story once we figure out roles and such. (that and what it should include)

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
i nominate brawlyboy because he reads lackadaisy

i nominate myself because i read lackadaisy

though i should note that lackadaisy is set in the 20s-30s but i kind of assume that's already known

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:19 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7743
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
Okay, I'm in.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
Ebly wrote:
i nominate brawlyboy because he reads lackadaisy

i nominate myself because i read lackadaisy

though i should note that lackadaisy is set in the 20s-30s but i kind of assume that's already known

DANG IT, Ebly!
Alright, since I've been nominated.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
Teh Brawler wrote:
Ebly wrote:
i nominate brawlyboy because he reads lackadaisy

i nominate myself because i read lackadaisy

though i should note that lackadaisy is set in the 20s-30s but i kind of assume that's already known

DANG IT, Ebly!
Alright, since I've been nominated.

What, don't you want to!

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
what what whaaat, I'm in, like I originally was. >_>

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots available !)
Ebly wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
Ebly wrote:
i nominate brawlyboy because he reads lackadaisy

i nominate myself because i read lackadaisy

though i should note that lackadaisy is set in the 20s-30s but i kind of assume that's already known

DANG IT, Ebly!
Alright, since I've been nominated.

What, don't you want to!

I took a spot, didn't?

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Oh look what I missed while I was at school today :'D

_________________
Matthew: S3 P7 E5 C5 I10 A7 L5
Rachel: S10 P9 E5 C3 I6 A4 L5

Image
Image


Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 432
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Dylan I know the slots are filled but is this story at all realated to the play "Murder Comedy of 1940s"?

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Cerberusx wrote:
Dylan I know the slots are filled but is this story at all realated to the play "Murder Comedy of 1940s"?



Not at all, think about those private eye movies with dames' that are in trouble *wink*

though I was actually thinking of a setting in the late 30's.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Okay, I finally decided how this is going to work, but first I want to hear who wants to be who.
For example, if you want to be the PI or perhaps the Victim or someone that wants to help somehow....I just want to know your role.

Plus, I want to know what exactly you want in the story.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
I'll be the Chief of Police, since no one likes that guy, and he won't be snatched up too quickly :lol:
The kidnapping story you mentioned sounds good.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
I guess I'll be the PI again, I mean I wouldn't mind playing one of the baddies either but whatever.

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7743
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
I'd be up for playing a villain, I guess.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Hmmm...Rping the good guys and the bad guys you say? This sounds a little harder...I was hoping only the good guys because it would be eaiser for me to control the planned (but flexible) story.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7743
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Really, I only went with villain because I didn't realize we could all be good guys. *laughs*

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Dissension wrote:
Really, I only went with villain because I didn't realize we could all be good guys. *laughs*


Well, we can try to do that, since this really like a test run.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Hi, I guess you big, strong boys all have me pinned as a doll of a moll already, huh?

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Ebly wrote:
Hi, I guess you big, strong boys all have me pinned as a doll of a moll already, huh?


Pffaahahhahahahhah, you brightened my morning just now. Ebly, you can be the "dame" if you want to. heheh...

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Hi, I guess you big, strong boys all have me pinned as a doll of a moll already, huh?


Pffaahahhahahahhah, you brightened my morning just now. Ebly, you can be the "dame" if you want to. heheh...

Ohhhhhhhhh, Ebly. Must you be so good at method acting?
"Out of all the IRC RPs in world, she had to walk into mine."

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Equestria
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
crap, I wanted to join this...
...
I'll get the next one

_________________
My RP characters!!
Image
Image
I <3 Deadpool!


Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 339
Location: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
i wanna be an investigator

_________________
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Image


Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
So this is supposed to be an IRC roleplay.

Explain.

Roleplaying to me remains to be, well,
Julia flung herself into the arms of the investigator, her secret lover. She knew that if anyone recognized them together, there would be trouble, but she was too far gone at that point to care.
"Baby, I don't care that you're a dead hoofer, we can bunny all night or get up with the alligators! Cast an eyeball, Bruce, they're all city slickers, so get up and frolic with your duchess," she drawled, laying the slang heavily in her speech due to her intoxication and planting an uncoordinated smooch on his cheek.

So you can see where I'm coming from when I wonder how we would get this in an IRC setting

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Ebly wrote:
So this is supposed to be an IRC roleplay.

Explain.

Roleplaying to me remains to be, well,
Julia flung herself into the arms of the investigator, her secret lover. She knew that if anyone recognized them together, there would be trouble, but she was too far gone at that point to care.
"Baby, I don't care that you're a dead hoofer, we can bunny all night or get up with the alligators! Cast an eyeball, Bruce, they're all city slickers, so get up and frolic with your duchess," she drawled, laying the slang heavily in her speech due to her intoxication and planting an uncoordinated smooch on his cheek.

So you can see where I'm coming from when I wonder how we would get this in an IRC setting


Well, in a IRC roleplay we focus a little bit less on actions and a lot more on dialogue. (now that I think about it...I might be easier to role play on the forums, however, that is restrictive.)

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
It would probably be a lot easier in this case to roleplay it on a forum, especially if you have a vaguely planned storyline.
It's just the time co-ordination, and being able the actual story - it's hard for you to narrate in an IRC setting - I just think it's kind of weird to do this in an IRC.

Personal opinion, that's all. I could just go make a free board or something and we could use that if you think it would be 'restrictive' to do it here, though I'd hope it wouldn't go that far anyway...

As far as characters go, I've kind of got an idea for the kind of baby-doll I'm playing. I'm kind of curious as to the main story, since somehow we ended up with PIs and a Chief of Police...

Personally, I was thinking, giving the year, perhaps something in relation to the time before and after the twenty-first amendment, that is, when everything was really reaching a high point in terms of the prohibition. Definitely a powerful opportunity for narrative in that period, don't you think? Fits in with the thirties, too.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:44 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Ebly wrote:
It would probably be a lot easier in this case to roleplay it on a forum, especially if you have a vaguely planned storyline.
It's just the time co-ordination, and being able the actual story - it's hard for you to narrate in an IRC setting - I just think it's kind of weird to do this in an IRC.

Personal opinion, that's all. I could just go make a free board or something and we could use that if you think it would be 'restrictive' to do it here, though I'd hope it wouldn't go that far anyway...

As far as characters go, I've kind of got an idea for the kind of baby-doll I'm playing. I'm kind of curious as to the main story, since somehow we ended up with PIs and a Chief of Police...

Personally, I was thinking, giving the year, perhaps something in relation to the time before and after the twenty-first amendment, that is, when everything was really reaching a high point in terms of the prohibition. Definitely a powerful opportunity for narrative in that period, don't you think? Fits in with the thirties, too.


Well, I mean't that a few bits of violence and drinking (but I'm more worried about you guys worrying what is allowed and not, making you not posting it.) As for time period...I have no idea why I haven't changed it. As for characters, as long as they can rp into the plot, I'm ok with it. (But it doesn't have to a figure of authority)

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:48 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
What happened here?

Are all the roles selected? I'm going to go ahead and read over my story to see what I can do with it...in the meantime I want you guys to discuss how you want to RP.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 am
Posts: 2494
Location: The bunny enslaving site, enslaving bunnies. ^^
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
blegh... i wanted to join this. i will get the next one.
...
when IS the next one?

_________________
Image
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8


Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
We've run into a small problem, though: Hipstar hasn't gotten on in awhile.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Well as I stated before, I'm really up for anything. PI (or PI assistant), Gangster (Leader or not whatever), are the two (four?) I'd prefer.


Hipstar, I'unno what to do about that. hand it off to someone else I guess.

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
...look what missi missed while he was at school that day

but really, missi was the first one to miss out so he can be our replacement hip

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 pm
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Agreed, Missingo will have the slot if Hipstar doesn't show up. In the mean time, we might be using the forums for RP.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Ebly wrote:
but really, missi was the first one to miss out so he can be our replacement hip

Dylan wrote:
Agreed, Missingo will have the slot if Hipstar doesn't show up. In the mean time, we might be using the forums for RP.


Yay I get to be the backup! =D

_________________
Matthew: S3 P7 E5 C5 I10 A7 L5
Rachel: S10 P9 E5 C3 I6 A4 L5

Image
Image


Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
I'm still chief of police, I want that role. :D

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Or do you mean the PI?, I'm just asking to be sure.


Also I think we should set a date to start this thing on. or some time limit. then all of this pre-game stuff would go a lot faster.

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Or do you mean the PI?, I'm just asking to be sure.


Also I think we should set a date to start this thing on. or some time limit. then all of this pre-game stuff would go a lot faster.

If you're talking to me, no, I mean chief of police. :D

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
Okay, the story is set...

now I need to know if you guys are still willing to RP this...I'm giving you guys 5 days to tell me before I start removing and replacing slots.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: IRC 1940's investigator. (Slots taken)
how about 5 days to reply and get everything set. instead of just the players re-joining. and then after that we discuss a time to start?

Because 5 days is a long time. but anyway. I'd be willing.... and able.

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.