so...what's your computer setup?

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

so...what's your computer setup?

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I've been curious of this for a long time. What is your area for your home computer?

Anyway, here's mine:
Private Elliot

Re: so...what's your computer setup?

Post by Private Elliot »

Hehe, you have the same printer as me.

And you have the desk I used to have!

Unless you want a picture taken from a DSi (I have no good cameras) I don't think I can post mine.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

DSI's have decent cameras (I think), and I'd love to see it =D
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

ive been training my webcam on my laptop to take a picture of itself.

it hasnt worked so far.
bwah bwah
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Taken with the camera of an old iPhone 3G that I was given by a friend.
Please excuse the horrendous quality.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I don't really have a designated area since I just have a laptop. I just use it anywhere around the house. To charge it I just stick it on a shelf and plug it in the charger.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Cords, cords everywhere.

And I've been meaning to take those posters down, they've been up there for years.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

hehe, you want to see how many chords are by my feet. 8-)
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

I don't get to use the touch screen on the left though, I normally have my laptop elsewhere in the room since it heats up far too much there...
Attachments
167667_1739104366961_1519214785_1736958_4187626_n.jpg
167667_1739104366961_1519214785_1736958_4187626_n.jpg (50.48 KiB) Viewed 19694 times
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

TheBlackParrot wrote:Cords, cords everywhere.
44R0NM10 wrote:hehe, you want to see how many chords are by my feet. 8-)
Obviously, neither of you has ever seen a major phone switching center from the inside. 8-) Try to imagine arranging 10.000+ pairs of twisted wire in a way that allows you to know where each one belongs, and let's you easily replace any one of them if necessary... Do those cords still bother you? :P
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Cool, yet another thread where we post pictures of our computers. (lol) I took some pictures with a camera i had.(the images are downscaled as not to fill this with huge images)

All of the computers in the photo are mine. :V (and yes, i know. the chair sucks. my previous chair was taken by my parents because they broke theirs. <_<)

Close-up on my other laptop.(cat's sleeping on the keyboard, and it has a damaged screen, but it's still very well usable. :P especially remotely. when i don't use it i let my cats sleep on it. they like the heat.)

Close-up on my other other laptop and my TabletPC.

And lastly, a close up of my desktop. x3

Also, nice, Esqiuire Fox.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

you need a new chair ReCreate, that one is massively bad for you :s.

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

This thread is great!

Tis a more distant picture, showing what kinda stuff is on my wall. Giant fan, picture of me and my best friend in Virginia, and a bunch of Tiger pictures.

General look of my computer area.

And I side view picture of my car seat on wheels. ^^ (It helps when you feel like you are getting into a game)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wow, this thread hasn't been used in a while!

It's not really a "computer setup," as I use a laptop, but I use a TV tray as a desk for books/the computer and throw some pillows on my chair for back support when I'm doing my homework. It's surprisingly very comfortable.
Attachments
SDC10814.JPG
SDC10814.JPG (181.64 KiB) Viewed 18904 times
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

My setup is an HP laptop running on Windows 7 sitting on the windowsill while I rob someone's internet connection.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I have the same computer I've had for the past five years: a Dell XPS 420. It was actually the first off-the-shelf computer I ever bought; I previously built my own. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 6GB RAM, 2 x 500GB hard drives + 3TB external hard drive, (upgraded) Geforce 9600 GT 512MB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (originally Vista Home Premium; I remember ordering the 64-bit media for it).

I'm on my second monitor, an LG 22" 1080p LED-LCD monitor. I also have a USB 3.0 add-in card for the external hard drive, and a USB TV tuner.

I also have a 4th-gen iPad 64GB Wi-Fi, an iPhone 5, and a 10" netbook.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Oh, wow. I know I'd always like to build my own PC, but I've no idea how to do that. I'm always afraid of not using enough volts, or the thing overheating or something else like that, heh.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

44R0NM10 wrote:Oh, wow. I know I'd always like to build my own PC, but I've no idea how to do that. I'm always afraid of not using enough volts, or the thing overheating or something else like that, heh.
There's a complete guide to homebuilding PCs called Building the Perfect PC, and it gives a perfect starting point for a person who wants to build their own PC. I have two copies; a hard copy and the e-Book version on my 1st-gen Nook. It's THAT useful.

I think you can get it from Barnes and Noble, if they have an influence where you live. Otherwise, you can get it from Amazon.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'll check that out as soon as I get enough money together, thank you. :D
Mickey the Luxray

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:And I side view picture of my car seat on wheels. ^^ (It helps when you feel like you are getting into a game)
Image[/color]
Dude, you have the same headphone/mic hybrid as me (but I usually use my pair of Sennheisers for everything that doesn't need a mic) and that car seat is awesome. I want to know how you did that, post-haste.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I should've never gotten out of building my own computer. Maybe some day I'll give it another try. Of course I'm also leaning toward a laptop as a primary computer, too. Or a Mac. :P
Duster

Post by Duster »

Kitch wrote:I should've never gotten out of building my own computer. Maybe some day I'll give it another try. Of course I'm also leaning toward a laptop as a primary computer, too. Or a Mac. :P
Same here dude. My friend tells me that my barely 2yr computer is a hunk-o-junk when he has a computer that's like 5 or 6yrs old!
Only difference is that he simply must keep up to date with the latest and greatest stuff.
I just want something to do my homework, surf the web and play my vidya games on.
Last edited by Duster on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Mickey the Luxray

Duster wrote:Same here dude. My friends tells me that my barely 2yr computer is a hunk-o-junk when he has a computer that's like 5 or 6yrs old!
If it's from a major company like Dell or HP, then it's been a hunk-o-junk from the start! Companies like Dell use the cheapest possible products for "invisible" components (I.E. Motherboard, power supply, case, cables) to keep costs down as much as possible. If your friend has a homebuilt (and he takes care of it) then of course it's gonna work great. I have a 13-YEAR-OLD homebuilt that is perfectly capable of running more demanding, modern programs. And it hasn't even been cleaned in years. Only drawback is that it's super-noisy but hey, it was quiet for it's time |D Also, there's something wrong with the internet card I installed- it just won't recognize that there's an Internet out there! But that's a peripheral I installed a few years ago, and it was new then.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Duster wrote:Same here dude. My friends tells me that my barely 2yr computer is a hunk-o-junk when he has a computer that's like 5 or 6yrs old!
If it's from a major company like Dell or HP, then it's been a hunk-o-junk from the start!
*coughs*
I own an HP. It's three years old and it's better than most computers on the market today. The computer is only as smart as the user. I made sure all of my laptop's components were hardy and worth my money before I bought it. Likewise, my dad bought a Dell because a shady computer salesman got to him and it was the biggest piece of crap since the eMachine. I replaced it with an HP after some extensive research and believe it or not, it's actually built better than mine.

I don't believe that buying from a major company automatically equals a "hunk-o-junk," but it does equal paying for bloatware. And in my case, I just got rid of it and I have a great computer without the hassle of assembly. My dad and I needed good computers, and I'm better with software than hardware, so I did some research instead of feeling like I purchased my laptop parts from IKEA.

But to those who custom-build their computers, it's definitely worth it and I applaud the level of assembly skills and computer knowledge needed to do it.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Mickey the Luxray

Beagle wrote:I applaud the level of assembly skills and computer knowledge needed to do it.
:lol: It takes as much skill to build a computer as it does to put together a Lego set! All it really takes is patience and care. And the right components. But not skill.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle wrote:
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
If it's from a major company like Dell or HP, then it's been a hunk-o-junk from the start!
*coughs*
I own an HP. It's three years old and it's better than most computers on the market today.
I have a Dell, and it's worked great for me. I got it for Christmas two years ago and have yet to have any kind of problem that didn't result from me messing something up. I thought my computer wasn't that fancy or built to do too much, probably $250-300 at the most, but after I asked my mom a few weeks ago, I found out it actually cost between $600 and $800. She couldn't remember the exact cost because we got three computers that year at Christmas, but the point is you get what you pay for and how well you treat it.

I've seen laptops in Walmart for $150. Of course they aren't going to be very good, you can't blame Dell or HP if you buy the cheapest model and expect it to be everything something 3 times the cost is. I think that might be where some of the hate comes from.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray

As a method of reviving this sorta-dead thread I give you the parts for my next compy setup.
I already have all the peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.)
It'll rest on the desk under my Ikea loft bed, lit by a small Ikea lamp. Cables will probably be tied down behind the desk, and the obligatory chair will be an old Ikea example as well. I have so much Ikea in my room. c|