HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Game

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by The Game »

"You really should visit. Once you get past the terribly bleary weather, it's a lovely place." Celeste shut her eyes briefly, trying to recall Falkensee. She'd heard f it before...yes, it was the home of a slave camp during World War II. "What makes your home dangerous?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

The Broken Fox wrote:"Of course love! The chieftain said he's a black labrador and he's supposed to be at the hotel reception. Come on, let's find him!" The collie started towards the hotel motioning Gian to follow her.
Gian wasted no time following Roxanne, if he had gotten any closer he'd step on her heels. In a moment, he walked next to her and smiled brightly. He was nervous though, and it showed as he fidgeted with his paws in front of him. He couldn't help it, he didn't know what to expect. "Dis'll be de first time I meet 'em ya' kno'... I'm ol' tingly inside..."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:"You really should visit. Once you get past the terribly bleary weather, it's a lovely place." Celeste shut her eyes briefly, trying to recall Falkensee. She'd heard f it before...yes, it was the home of a slave camp during World War II. "What makes your home dangerous?"
"Ze crime rate zere is really high. Even ze police dogs cannot control all of ze crime. My girlfriend vas a police dog, but since I could not become one, I became a 'vigilante' instead. I helped as much as I could before my girlfriend, she..." Adel's voice broke and tears formed in his eyes. "...she got shot..."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Mareks wrote:Gian wasted no time following Roxanne, if he had gotten any closer he'd step on her heels. In a moment, he walked next to her and smiled brightly. He was nervous though, and it showed as he fidgeted with his paws in front of him. He couldn't help it, he didn't know what to expect. "Dis'll be de first time I meet 'em ya' kno'... I'm ol' tingly inside..."
Roxanne chuckled at the nervousness of the wolf pup. "Don't worry, I'm sure he feels 'all tingly' too! But you'll see for yourself in a few minutes." She led him towards the hotel, and they stepped inside the lobby. All the tourist who arrived with the ship today were busy getting their hotel rooms, so the area was filled with quite the crowd. Roxanne stopped and looked around. "Of course we need to find him first..."
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

valerio wrote:"You're having problems, mister?" Said a rabbit. A BIG male rabbit. Definitely not like the ones living on the continent. He was entirely black, with red body paints.
Reese stopped and looked around the rabbit in front of him to see his parents walking off, ahead of him. The animal's size intimidated him. "N-no, I'm fine. I just need to catch up with my parents." he said as he started to walk around the obstacle. "Excuse me." he said before looking back at the map. The cat didn't mean to be rude by barely acknowledging the rabbit in front of him, he just didn't know how to politely deal with strangers.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles looked around a bit, taking in the salty air. After a bit of moping around he turned back and started to walk back to the k9's cabin, not far away if you took a path through the woods.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:Achilles looked around a bit, taking in the salty air. After a bit of moping around he turned back and started to walk back to the k9's cabin, not far away if you took a path through the woods.
"Hey, new dog," said the familiar voice of David Grimm. "You look like you need some orienteering, am I right?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles froze and turned on a heel saluting. "Yes sir"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

The head of security nodded sharply. "Good. Let's start from the dockyard, then. By now the tourists must have left the ship, so you can view the most important point of our island. Follow me."
Zander

Post by Zander »

He followed behind

(FAILPOSTGO!!!!)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

The man led Achilles in the vast dockyard. The Sea Dragon was hosted comfortably, bow to stern. "This place used to host a whole fleet, bac in the day. What with the naz wolf packs roaming the Atlantic, it was too dangerous even to leave a single ship anchored at the bay." David pointed at the vault. "Over hour heads, there used to be the heavy artillery. Now, it's a comfy lounge with a great view over the sunset. Anyway, this place could stand a 5-Kiloton explosion, provided that someone cared to send an A-bomb on our heads. See the reclined lateral doors? They close down in a scissor movement, so that the sea doesn't offer resistance. The other two piers used to serve the US subs.
"As you can see, we move on a tight schedule. We want to make sure that the rest of the tourists leave for their nice cruise ASAP. If you see someone of the staff lost in idle chat or not working, unless they're dead or dying, you're authorized to bite their lazy butts. See your staff ID? The tg at your chest? Never, never remove it: it holds your data, including biometrics. Of course we have other ways to identify you, after all accident happens, but it also means we'd have to erase your previous tag and redo another. It's long and boring, and I hate long and boring. Now follow me to the heart of the security. Want a sandwich?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles followed ,listening intently. "I see.. A tuna sandwich sounds pretty good about now sir."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

David went to an automatic dispenser. He imputed a code then tossed the the tuna sandwich to the dog. "No fishing. Not even the staff is allowed to. What you eat comes from the continents. If you see someone fishing, get a rocket launcher if you want to but make sure no one but the natives is fishing. Anyway, the dolphins usually take care of that. If you see a fishing rod in the hands or paws of someone who's not a native, bit his butt. Come in." He motioned for the dog to enter the elevator.
Zander

Post by Zander »

He caught the tuna sandwich expertly before taking a large bite. He nodded, as not to speak while chewing, and entered the elevator.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin stuck his head out from behind one of the last trees in the cluster he'd been using as a hiding where he could sleep undisturbed. He looked to the left, right, up, and down. Huh. Where had everyone gone? He could have sworn that he'd heard voices out here... Just then, Colin glanced off in to the distance. Wait! The humans' giant metal boat was back! Oh-hoh! Shou' be very intr'estin' indeed. With that, Colin started off in the direction of the tourist resort.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian took a few more steps then Roxanne did. He blinked and looked around a tad before approaching someone waiting in a line. A human, female, kinda chubby, and dressed for the weather; sandals included. He reached up, and tugged gently on her shirt, and she looked over, then down looking a bit surprised to see the young wolf. "Why, hello there cutie!" American, her accent told of her living location was somewhere around Texas. She smiled after a moment, having noticed the body paint and realized he was one of the natives. Gian giggled at the comment and tilted his head tot he side. "'Ello dere, human! Can I ask ya' someting'?" Gian asked, using his best cute faces he had used on the elders a couple times to get something he wanted. "Why not? Ask away little one." She leaned down to him, getting to his eye level, and also in better hearing range. Gian smiled again. "Im' lookin' for my fatha'... 'ave you seen 'em?" At this, the lady looked a little confused. She assumed a wolf thanks to Gian's appearance. "Sorry little one, you're the first wolf I seen here since arriving."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Gian took a few more steps then Roxanne did. He blinked and looked around a tad before approaching someone waiting in a line. A human, female, kinda chubby, and dressed for the weather; sandals included. He reached up, and tugged gently on her shirt, and she looked over, then down looking a bit surprised to see the young wolf. "Why, hello there cutie!" American, her accent told of her living location was somewhere around Texas. She smiled after a moment, having noticed the body paint and realized he was one of the natives. Gian giggled at the comment and tilted his head tot he side. "'Ello dere, human! Can I ask ya' someting'?" Gian asked, using his best cute faces he had used on the elders a couple times to get something he wanted. "Why not? Ask away little one." She leaned down to him, getting to his eye level, and also in better hearing range. Gian smiled again. "Im' lookin' for my fatha'... 'ave you seen 'em?" At this, the lady looked a little confused. She assumed a wolf thanks to Gian's appearance. "Sorry little one, you're the first wolf I seen here since arriving."
"Gian?" asked someone behind the cub and Roxanne. A canine voice, no doubt. A voice filled with incredulity, with expectation, with hope... "Is that really you, son?"

---

Code: Select all

He caught the tuna sandwich expertly before taking a large bite. He nodded, as not to speak while chewing, and entered the elevator.
The elevator opened...on the control room of a spaceship! There were electronic displays everywhere, big flat screen and personnel, human and animal, checking, communicating, and generally very busy.
A whole wall had been replaced with a thick self-polarizing crystal. Judging by the view, the room would stand at 50 meters from the ground. The sea was an endless blue carpet. The sun's glare was shielded enough to allow the view as if one had the right glasses on.
"The General Control Room" David Said, still sounding as if he seriously needed an emotions transfusion. From here, we manage pretty everything. Island cameras, communication, servers, climatization, docking operations, maintenance... From here, we make sure the Resort is safe and working flawlessly."
Last edited by valerio on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:"Gian?" asked someone behind the cub and Roxanne. A canine voice, no doubt. A voice filled with incredulity, with expectation, with hope... "Is that really you, son?"
Out of nowhere, the collie heard a voice behind her. She turned around, and she spotted the black labrador. She smiled, and she stepped back, out of the way so that Gian and his father could see each other. She just watched silently, she didn't want to interrupt their reunion.

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian blinked hearing the words spoken. He looked around for a moment, then finally turned around, seeing Roxanne taking a step back like she was hiding him behind her the entire time. Gian looked at the black lab, taking two steps forwards before stopping and fidgeting with his paws in front of him. What was he supposed to do? It was his dad, but this canine was a stranger to him. He went to speak, but his voice caught in his throat. His cheeks were red, and his eye's were getting teary as he got more frustrated at himself for being so nervous. His tail showed his true feelings however, wagging back and fourth like there was going to be no tomorrow. He took a couple more steps forwards, falling against the black lab in a tight hug. He didn't know what to say, so he was just do what he felt like doing. A couple tears ran down his fur, but he wiped them quickly, causing the scar on his muzzle to glisten from the spread dampness which drew attention to it. "Fatha'..."
valerio

Post by valerio »

The years had been kind to the black labrador, all in all. The white had covered the point of his muzzle and the front of his chest. But he still was in excellent shape, his muscles well defined under the medium-long, glossy fury. His eyes were of an intense yellow.
Eyes that were rapidly tearing up.
That was his son. The son he had never seen grow... The last and only time he had seen him was right after his birth, in the Lycaons' village, safe from the wolves. He had to leave because he was just a tourist, then, a silly dog seeking for adventure, finding it, finding love, losing everything.
And now the wheel had turned. He was a tourist no more. And he could see the fruit of his devotion to a native that had found love in a stranger.
The labrador could definitely see his wife in this cub. He felt a wave of mixed feelings -pride, love. fear, care... All this time spent fantasizing if Gian had made it, and seeing he had been right... It was like an immense weight had been taken off his shoulders.
The labrador walked to his own cub, knelt down in front of him, and hugged him with all is might. "Gian! My sweet, beautiful, strong son, Gian..." his voice was a shisper, as if he was afraid to wake up from a too beautiful dream. "Gian..." he could only repeat his name, smell his fur, bask in that simple touch, nuzzling his neck. "Daddy loves you, Gian. Daddy missed you so much, my son. So much..."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste was surprised-- but that explained why he was tearing up. "That's terrible," she gasped sympathetically. "She must have been very brave to endanger her own health to help stop the crime."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste was surprised-- but that explained why he was tearing up. "That's terrible," she gasped sympathetically. "She must have been very brave to endanger her own health to help stop the crime."
"Ja, she vas very brave und very kind. But afta her death, I could not keep being zat vigilante. I quit, und I stayed home und moped. Because of zat mess, my parents took me here to relax." His mood brightened a bit. "I am glad I could talk to you about zis. Zank you." Without warning, Adel hugged Celeste.
The Game

Post by The Game »

To say Celeste was thrown off by the hug would be an understatement. She wasn't a big fan of openly showing affection, which was her fancy way of saying she disliked hugs. A lot. But of course, shimmying away from Adel as if he'd burnt her would be very uncharacteristic of her, so she resorted to stiffening like a board.
A board in need of a very deep massage.
"uhm...You're w-welcome," she stuttered, awkwardly patting his head. Her current state made her much less sympathetic. "I..understand what it's like to lose someone you love." She was talking about her grandmother, who was still alive, but it was obvious she was losing the battle for her life. Celeste wished she could take back the words as soon as she said them; now he would pity her and she didn't want that. She didn't want to think of her dying loved one either.
And she definitely didn't want that hug.
"And I certainly hope you can relax while you're here," she added.
Last edited by The Game on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel could tell that Celeste was extremely uncomfortable with the hug. He blushed and let go, turning away. He wiped a tear from his eye. "I...I am sorry. I am not usually like zis. Now...I do not mean to intrude, please forgive me if I am...but you said you knew what it feels like. Have you lost someone?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste took a step away from Adel, unconsciously trying to avoid another hug. She shifted uneasily from foot to foot, trying not to grab her anklet. "Well, I haven't...technically...lost her...yet..." she said, much quieter then she'd wanted. "But my grandmother is currently fighting cancer and..." she paused to take a long shaky breath. She wouldn't cry; not even a little. "And...the doctor's say she's not going to make it. She's just not strong enough-" She cut herself off by a sudden jerk of her head in attempt to hide the oncoming tears from Adel.

When she looked back at him, her eyes were considerably redder. "But she's not giving up and neither am I. Any who, how 'bout we talk about something happier, like sunshine...or...smiley faces."
Zander

Post by Zander »

After swallowing the first bite, "wow." was all that Achilles could say, before taking another bite. "it looks like it's under control sir."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:After swallowing the first bite, "wow." was all that Achilles could say, before taking another bite. "it looks like it's under control sir."
Grimm nodded. "Whenever you will be needing any kind of information, anytime, just dial 111. You'll be connected with this room. Now, follow me: your job will be more the outdoor kind." The man went for the elevator.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste took a step away from Adel, unconsciously trying to avoid another hug. She shifted uneasily from foot to foot, trying not to grab her anklet. "Well, I haven't...technically...lost her...yet..." she said, much quieter then she'd wanted. "But my grandmother is currently fighting cancer and..." she paused to take a long shaky breath. She wouldn't cry; not even a little. "And...the doctor's say she's not going to make it. She's just not strong enough-" She cut herself off by a sudden jerk of her head in attempt to hide the oncoming tears from Adel.

When she looked back at him, her eyes were considerably redder. "But she's not giving up and neither am I. Any who, how 'bout we talk about something happier, like sunshine...or...smiley faces."
"Yes, erm...sunshine. It is very nice weazer we are having here, ja?" Adel said, trying to change the topic like Celeste asked. "Zis island, it is unbelievable. Ze natives are friendly...a little too friendly, but friendly neverzeless."
The Game

Post by The Game »

"I haven't met any of the natives yet," Celeste replied, happy the subject had been changed. "Well, other then the giggling trio...and I can't say I want to judge the whole island based on them." She rolled her eyes at the trio, unable to resist. "But the weather is lovely. A breath of fresh after leaving London, I must say."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:"I haven't met any of the natives yet," Celeste replied, happy the subject had been changed. "Well, other then the giggling trio...and I can't say I want to judge the whole island based on them." She rolled her eyes at the trio, unable to resist. "But the weather is lovely. A breath of fresh after leaving London, I must say."
"Yes," Adel agreed, "maybe my parents, zey were right. Maybe zis island is vat I need to relax."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian snuggled into his fathers hold, steadly wiping his eye's to keep the tears from falling. Thanks to this, the tribal paint on his arm smudged across his eye's, giving him a sort of green raccoon mask. It was a bit funny looking on a wolf. He wiggled out of his fathers hold and looked up at him, blinking with somewhat red eye's from the tears. "A-are you 'ere fer' good? Or are ya' jus' visiting, like when I was jus' lil'?" He was curious to know how much time he'd get to spend with his new found father. Being his age, his emotions changed quickly allowing him to cheer up much faster then an adult would. He was already getting use to the idea of having this large black dog as a dad. He was also starting to think having him around might mean he could get away with leaving the village more often.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Still holding his son by the shoulders, the dog nodded. "I'm gonna stay. My Dad got a job in cancer research on this island, and so I'm gonna stay! I can't wait to spend all the time with you on this wonderful island!" Then he hugged Gian again. My beautiful son... My prayers have been answered."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne still didn't say a word, she just watched from where she stood a little bit away. She was smiling a sort of bright, motherly smile, happy for Gian that his father would be staying. And his father is a researcher, I'll be able to talk to him about the wolves whenever I need to!

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian smiled happily and hugged his father back, though, wiggling free again and this time running over to Roxanne and taking her paw in his and pulling her towards his dad. "Fatha', this is Roxanne... she also came on de big boat, she help'd me fine' ya'... she's with de WWH... umm... WWS?" He turned and looked at Roxanne, smiling softly as he looked to her for some help on where she worked.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne let out a surprised 'Eeep!' as she was pulled by Gian towards his father. "It's the WWF, love." she said, ruffling Gian's headfur as he introduced her. The collie offered a paw to the labrador. "My name is Roxanne Cooper, me and my father are here with the zoological team. I was hoping we could talk about the wolves of the island later. It can wait though, I really don't want to disturb your reunion with your son right now! You haven't seen each other in such a long time." she smiled.

valerio

Post by valerio »

The labrador shook back with enerrgy. "Madame, I wouldn't dare to ignore such a beautiful creature. And I was, in fact, very rude to ignore your presence." He bowed. "Charmed. My name is Ulysses. My father's research team wants to study this island's inhabitants for their excellent health. Did you know that no one on Meriweather Island ever suffered from epidemics? Not even the introduction of the pets, in the 40s, started one. Looks like only old age can kill these people. The humans want samples of the Red Wolves' DNA to compare it with the German Lykaons', since it's possible that only the wolves, due to their inbreeding, may be more vulnerable to maladies..." He then sighed, blushing slightly. "And here I go again. Looks like I'm more similar to my father than I'd like to admit." He chuckled, and stuck out playfully his tonguetip in much a very similar fashion to Gian.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"Well, if you're sure I won't bother you and Gian..." Roxanne listened intently to the labrador's words. "That's very interesting." she said, as Ulysses finished talking. "But the good health of the natives might also be an environmental effect, like something in their diet. This certainly requires more studying. Still, it would be fantastic if we could talk to the red wolves, which is where I was hoping you could help me. The WWF is trying to help and preserve the population of the island, and what little we know about the wolves tells us they're close to extinction. Unlike the rabbits, or the lycaons..." The collie laughed. "Let me tell you, the lycaons are so... eager to carry on their bloodline. When I was at their village earlier I got several 'offers' instead of greetings!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:"Well, if you're sure I won't bother you and Gian..." Roxanne listened intently to the labrador's words. "That's very interesting." she said, as Ulysses finished talking. "But the good health of the natives might also be an environmental effect, like something in their diet. This certainly requires more studying. Still, it would be fantastic if we could talk to the red wolves, which is where I was hoping you could help me. The WWF is trying to help and preserve the population of the island, and what little we know about the wolves tells us they're close to extinction. Unlike the rabbits, or the lycaons..." The collie laughed. "Let me tell you, the lycaons are so... eager to carry on their bloodline. When I was at their village earlier I got several 'offers' instead of greetings!"
Ulysses laughed out loud. "You tell ME, miss! I wish I was so popular at home, with them girls!" He then sighed, shaking his head. "But I was lucky to find someone like Ghianna. She was the only one among her tribe to look out for a future for her, and for her people." He hugged Gian again. "Anyway, please feel free to ask me anything you think it might be of help...provided I'll have the time to stick around, that is. I think this ol' hound will be spending much time with his son!"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste smiled at Adel, and nodded. "I'm sure you'll be as relaxed as a guru by the time you leave," she said.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste smiled at Adel, and nodded. "I'm sure you'll be as relaxed as a guru by the time you leave," she said.

"How about you? Why are you here?
" Adel asked, trying to get a better idea of how Celeste was...or whether it was her idea or her parents' to come here.