HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zander

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by Zander »

"Not intending to be rude, sir, but may i ask how you know about my experiences on the island?" He had a point, how would he know he was lying?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Mareks wrote:Gian flinched as his ear was grabbed. He wasn't trying to start a fight, he was just giving a reminder. Leonard was the one who pushed him! He sighed though, smiling and taking Leonards apology. His paw passed the Lycaon's though, and grabbed his wrist. It was what his friends did, and he'd shown Leonard once or twice before. "No need Leonard, I took no offense... everyon' 'as de right like ya' said..." He turned back to Roxanne and stuck his tongue out playfully. "Dat's what everyone say... bu' I dun see any advantage... I dun eve' like de girl's yet." He blinked at the appearance of Victor's mother, and moved closer to Roxanne, hiding behind her, and whispering up to her. "Aye! Dun let 'er see me! She'll giv' me an ear full infron'o everyone!"
Roxanne was a little bit amused to see Victor embarresed, it was her turn to chuckle now. "Chieftain Amelia, thank you for welcoming me to your village! I'm honored as well, to be here. Your son has been the best guide since my ship arrived, he's very enthusiastic in his duty." She looked at Victor, it would be alright to omit just *how* enthusiastic he was greeting her... She was sure Selene would have wanted him to be more formal, like Lukat has been.
"Ack!" Suddenly she felt Gian hiding behind her. "What are you doing love?" The collie was sure she wasn't puffy enough to actually hide someone...
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Roxanne was a little bit amused to see Victor embarresed, it was her turn to chuckle now. "Chieftain Amelia, thank you for welcoming me to your village! I'm honored as well, to be here. Your son has been the best guide since my ship arrived, he's very enthusiastic in his duty." She looked at Victor, it would be alright to omit just *how* enthusiastic he was greeting her... She was sure Selene would have wanted him to be more formal, like Lukat has been.
"Ack!" Suddenly she felt Gian hiding behind her. "What are you doing love?" The collie was sure she wasn't puffy enough to actually hide someone...
"Relax, dear Gian. I raised my son for a whole life: you can't possibly do worse than him...except when you say that you don't like girls yet."
"Mother, I am an adult, please!"
Selene chuckled. "An adult that still gives voice to his rebellious streak. I hope you and Lukat had some fun together, before going to greet our guests." Then she turned to Roxanne . "But please, forgive this old female for keeping you waiting. How may we be of assistance to your research?"

---
Zander wrote:"Not intending to be rude, sir, but may i ask how you know about my experiences on the island?" He had a point, how would he know he was lying?
The man pointed at the TV screen. He took a remote, pushed a button...and a recording of the meeting between the rabbits and the guards was shown in full colors.
"Certain...sensible areas of the resort and around it are kept under this electronic watch, dear Achilles. Them rabbits are tricky guys, I don't want to run risks, especially when it comes to a multimillion vehicle like that helicopter. That camera is motion-sensitive. It recorded the rabbits long before they met your group." He turned off the TV. "And I like how you managed the situation. Whatever magic words did you say to convince them to run away like that? When they start a fight, they rarely stop."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin had, for the past hour or so, been lying asleep at the foot of a tree in the woods not far from the village. Then had come the yelling. At first, he just twitched an ear, rolled onto his side, and tried to go back to sleep. But just as he was drifting off again, he heard an unfamiliar female voice drift through the trees. This time, he flicked one eye open and cocked an ear in the direction of the village. He heard Victor, Chieftain Amelia, and... someone else. Tourists? This could be intr'esting... He pulled himself to his feet, cracked a few vertebrae, and started off through the thin line of trees between him and the village.
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:"Certain...sensible areas of the resort and around it are kept under this electronic watch, dear Achilles. Them rabbits are tricky guys, I don't want to run risks, especially when it comes to a multimillion vehicle like that helicopter. That camera is motion-sensitive. It recorded the rabbits long before they met your group." He turned off the TV. "And I like how you managed the situation. Whatever magic words did you say to convince them to run away like that? When they start a fight, they rarely stop."
"After the original attack, the leader, by my guess, walked toward me, then stopped, asked me if i was a purebred, I replied, and he ran off sir." he said with a hint of confusion.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Richard smiled, and nodded. "Excellent! So, it worked! You see, Achilles, if there's one thing that the rabbits respect in a stranger, is the genetic purity. It's a fixation, they think that a purebreed is a more...decent being. They don't like you working for me, they'll treat you as an intruder, and you'll always have to be on the watch for them...but remember: you have a sort of respect from them. You are a leader, and you are a purebreed. Worst case, they'll try to lure you into a challenge, a one-on-one. No weapons. Anyway, they know better than threaten the resort and the tourists. When they challenge you, humor them, kick some butt and they'll retreat in good order. That's why I chose a fighter such as you, my boy!"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles actually showed emotion and widened his eyes. "Wow... thank you sir.."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Thank me for what, boy? You got the DNA of champions, you're trained, you're at physical peak! My only worry is that you become, with time, like those slack-offs of your underlings." The man scoffed. "Fine specimens, they were, and now they're getting fat. Achilles, my boy, I spent money on a 4 year contract on them and on you. It took 2 years for them to become what they are now. You will take 2 *moths* to get 'em back in shape. Am I clear on that?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles straightened up, standing at attention again. "Yes sir!"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Excellent!" Charles sported again his big smile and held out his hand. "Then go freshen up. Rest, enjoy the scenery, talk with some native, fix yourself a meal: the cafeteria is an experience in itself. Get in touch with the place, in other words. Starting tomorrow, you'll have much work to do."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Achilles nodded, and saluted. "Yes sir." he said before turning around and walking back out the door.
After a short walk to the main tourist village he arrived, and apparently just in time. The huge ocean liner was docked and people and animals were pouring out by the second, many already in the streets.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian stepped out from behind Roxanne and looked at Victor's mother, smiling slightly. "You may no' scold me, bu' dere are uders who will. So, I guess I'll jus' be off den... lots'o uder tourists to greet an' ol'..." With that, he decided to try and casually stroll away from the group towards the exit of the village, hoping to slip free once again and go of on his own like always.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The chieftain gestured the wolf mix to stay where he was. "I have a better proposal, sly cub: You may go visit the tourists, together with Victor, here, while I try to be of help to our honored guest."
The younger Lycaon didn't look enthusiast at all, bu he kept his tongue in check.
"Consider it an act of trust, son: You have a very important responsibility now, just like any other adult."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian facepawed himself and grumbled, turning around and placing his paws behind his head, walking back into the village and going more towards the center. He walked passed Victor, his nose up as if to snub him. He didn't mean anything rude by it, he was just trying to entertain himself by acting out a personality trait he didn't really have. "If I need'o be watch'd... I'd radder stay 'ere. Bein' special ca' be a real pain en de bu'd sometimes... all dis protection is goin'a make me borin' like de elders stories.."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor rubbed enthusiastically his paws. "Great! You're a lifesavah, Gian!" Then he took Roxanne's paw in his and kissed it gallantly. "If ya needed me, anytime, just call out mah name. Ya won't find bettah guide than me through de perils of dis island. Ciao!" And he took off.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"See you around, love!" Roxanne waved after Victor.
"Well Chieftain" she started, "our team has only arrived on Meriweather Island today, and we'll be staying for the next eight months. With your permission, I would like to visit your village regularly. My father, Dr Cooper, and his team will be working at studying the island's population, we would like to ensure that every species can survive and live in balance. Our goals also include the wolves..." She took a few steps and placed her arm around Gian's shoulder, ruffling his headfur with a paw. "From what little we know about them, they're at the brink of extinction. But this pup here is the first crossbreed we've seen. I would like to ask you to tell me what you can about his parents. It might help us save their population as well."

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Please, follow me, then," said the female, leading the way through the village. There were a lot of activities ongoing, males and females carving wood into spears and other tools, sewing tunics, forging gold, butcher shops... It was like jumping back to the middle ages, to simpler times. The general atmosphere spoke of an easy attitude, almost...carefree.
"This is not utopia, of course," Selene said. "But we have an advantage: The land is generous, and thus the rabbits don't feel the need to expand their territories. Prey is abundant, and thus *we* don't need to expand our hunting grounds at their expenses. We are far from every intruder, and the only humans living here are the one that want to help in preserving our island. The rabbits are too stubborn to tell you, but they are grateful for these humans.
"But you wanted to know about the wolves: they are..."
she sighed. "An even more extreme case than the rabbits. They came after the African Wild Dogs, but since their coming they tried to take over the control of the island. It was a long war, ended only by the intervention of the humans, when they built their base, and brought their dogs and goats with them.
"The wolves tried to fight the humans too, but their might was useless against the humans' weapons and the military training of their pets. The wolves were driven away and sought shelter in the Green Circle Forest. Since then, they never left their dens, fighting off everyone who tried to intrude their territories... As a matter of fact we thought they had been extinct, until Gian, here, showed, proving there is hope for them. Believe me, you face a real challenge: the wolves *hate* every other species. We know little to nothing about them. Ambassadors from both us and the rabbits tried to contact them, but to no avail. Gian is here because he and his parents were banned for allowing the mixing of blood."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne followed the chieftain gently pulling Gian with herself, as she led them through the village. "I haven't heard about the fights between the wolves and the military before..." She looked really surprised. "That information wasn't in the files! Why doesn't the military ever tell things like that to us scientist!" She shook her head. "Of course they expect *us* to find the solution after they screw up things. Oh no, this might make things so much harder... I just hope we can find a way to communicate with them." She sighed. "Gian told me his mother was a wolf from the island, but he said nothing about his father. Can you tell me who he was?"

valerio

Post by valerio »

Selene shook her head. "It's not something we're proud to tell to tourists. Only scientists know the truth. As I said, dear, that was a stain in *our* history as well. We were losing our war with the wolves. Many of us were weaker due to the inbreeding. We sought the help of the humans and their dogs to...win. But we had severly underestimated the determination of your masters, their raw firepower. The fact that we were desperate still doesn't cull our guilt.
"After we successfully bred with the new dogs, we vowed never to raise our weapons against our fellow inhabitants, unless absolutely necessary. And thank the Spirits, this never happened. That's also why the rabbits are so bold. They know we won't fight with them, save for one time a year..."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian blinked as his shoulders were taken, but he smiled and walked with them through the village. He listened to the story about the war and how the humans helped the Lycoans survive. It was all interesting, but Gian's ears only peeked when his father was asked about. He wondered if he'd get to hear something about his father that he never got to before, but instead, Roxanne's question about him was ignored. His ears lowered, and he smiled as though hiding hurt feelings. But, that expression didn't last long as a couple of his friends ran by, waving at him to follow them. He was about to run after them, but his shoulders caught. He forgot Roxanne was holding him. "Mm' perty lady? Do ya' 'tink I can go 'ave some fun with my friends? This talk abou' de past 'en ol' is great... bu' it is mighty borin'."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Selene nodded at the cub. "I was about to tell Roxanne about your father, before you interrupted." She said in a mock scolding tone "Weren't you interested to learn something about him?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian's ears flattened and his eye's turned to the ground as he kicked a rock. "Sorry..." He muttered, shooing his friends away as they came up to bug him to follow. They shrugged and wandered off, heading out of the village to go see the tourists themselves. Gian watched them leave, feeling left out once again, so he hoped the information about his dad was something he hadn't already heard.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Since Roxanne's humans are here to study the wolves, for how much a good guide my son is, you'll be needing the help of your father as well. After all, *he* knows them better than Victor." She winked at Gian.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian's ears perked up and he looked to Victor's mother. She sounded like she was hinting at something, and the wink made Gian blush as he felt like he'd just been caught in the middle of his excitement. He grumbled softly, and smiled up at her, his head tilting to the side. He wondered what she meant. However, he now wanted to ask a question. As though he were in a school, his paw shot up into the air and he waved it around as he stood on his toes, as if to try and steal all the attention Victor's mom was handing out. "Oh! oh! D'ya 'tink I could go wi'd them? I mean... Motha' did come from tha' green circle.. d'ya 'tink I got famil'y dare? Like... uncles, and aunts... and maybe eve' grand folks?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Selene seemed to think over that... "Hmm, I really don't know, dear. Roxanne, perhaps your team could be of protection to this eager cub...or could his own father make a better guardian?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian blinked and laughed a little, smiling awkwardly as he tilted his head to the other side now, his paw falling down next to him. "Um... you makin' sound like my fatha' is 'ere on de island. I t'ought 'e went 'ome to de place 'e come from.."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"If you'll allow Victor to escort you, you can find him at the resort. He came with the great ship, today."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian stared at the elder for a moment, not believing her for a moment. He didn't want to believe her, it was strange to think that he'd get to see his father. His tail wagged quickly though, forgetting Roxanne was behind him and it swatted her legs quickly and repeatedly. He laughed all of a sudden and broke Roxanne's hold, twisting his body and running for the exit of the village. He couldn't help it, he was overcome with joy. He'd get to meet his dad! He'd always wanted too, since he was too young to recognize him when his dad left. Wait, how would he know if it was his father then? Oh, he'd figure it out! He was sure!

Before he could wait for Victor, or anyone to join him, he'd zipped past his friends and into the underbrush towards the tourist area. He'd of taken the path, but out of habit from running away, he'd used the tall grass, and low brush to hide which direction he was going. Not that it was hard to tell which way he was going as he howled and ran through the tree's. "Ma' Fatha' is on de island!!!!!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Selene sighed. For once, she could allow this breach to the rules. The rabbits knew that if they ever tried to harm the cub, the consequences would've been dire... "Roxanne, perhaps you too want to meet Gian's father. You'll find no better resource about the Red Wolves tribe."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne blinked her eyes in surprise as the chieftain told Gian his father arrived on the cruise ship today. Before she could say anything, the young wolf mix dashed towards the resort with a speed she hasn't seen before. She turned back to Selene. "Talking to his father would be fantastic!" she smiled. "But before I follow the lad, could you tell me who to look for? Gian didn't seem wait for that part..." the collie chuckled.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste nodded. "Very." She wanted to roll her eyes at the giggling trio, but decided against it. That would be rude. Instead, she chose to make idle conversation. "I can't help but notice you have a bit of an accent. I'm guessing you're from Germany?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste nodded. "Very." She wanted to roll her eyes at the giggling trio, but decided against it. That would be rude. Instead, she chose to make idle conversation. "I can't help but notice you have a bit of an accent. I'm guessing you're from Germany?"
Adel nodded. "Yes, yes I am. And I am guessing you are from England?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Roxanne blinked her eyes in surprise as the chieftain told Gian his father arrived on the cruise ship today. Before she could say anything, the young wolf mix dashed towards the resort with a speed she hasn't seen before. She turned back to Selene. "Talking to his father would be fantastic!" she smiled. "But before I follow the lad, could you tell me who to look for? Gian didn't seem wait for that part..." the collie chuckled.
"Ask for a black labrador at the reception. Knowing him, he'll be there, waiting for his son. The poor lad had promised on his life he'd be back one day, he wouldn't surely go to a room, now. So, shoo, lady. Hurry up before those two forget about the rest of the world."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste smiled; some people she'd met had said "from Britain" instead of England. "London, to be precise. Have you ever been there?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"Alas, no." Adel took a pause. "But I have heard it is a nice place. I vould love to go visit it one of zese days. Maybe after zis vacation, I can ask my parents to take me zere. I am from a town West of Berlin called "Falkensee". It is a nice place, but it can be dangerous sometimes."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:"Ask for a black labrador at the reception. Knowing him, he'll be there, waiting for his son. The poor lad had promised on his life he'd be back one day, he wouldn't surely go to a room, now. So, shoo, lady. Hurry up before those two forget about the rest of the world."
"Thank you chieftain! I hope we'll meet again soon!" Roxanne said, then she turned and hurried after Gian towards the resort, back the way they came with Victor earlier.

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian came out of the bushes pretty much right where he had bumped into Victor and Roxanne the first time. More were getting off at the large boat, but he was interested in that. He searched through the crowd, standing on his toes as if it would help him see better. The he froze. He just realized, he didn't even know what his father looked like! He knew he had black fur, and that was all. Panic found Gian suddenly, as he realized he might not meet his father. He sat down next to the path everyone was traveling, watching small groups get lead away by staff and other natives. He hoped someone in that crowd would talk to him, or recognize him, or something. Somehow, his father had to know what he looked like and would see him, somehow.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne followed on the trail Gian ran towards the resort. She wasn't sure how much of a headstart the young wolf had, she just hoped that she would find him in the crowd. Much to her surprise though, she found him sitting on the ground near the resort in what appeared to be a bad mood. "Gian!" She called out as she approached him. "Are you all right? Why didn't you wait for the chieftain to tell you who to look for?" She smiled and patted his head. "Luckily for you, I did ask her what your father looks like..."

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

He looked up at the sound of his name, his tail wagging lightly as he smiled at Roxanne. His ears flattened, and he laughed lightly before moving his head away from her paw. "I did na' mean too... I got excite'd ya' kno'... I never met 'em before." He stuck his tongue out and smiled, scratching the back of his head and standing up when she said she knew who to look for. "Really?! Can we fine 'em? Can we?" He looked up at her hopefully, smiling softly though he was clearly excited.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"Of course love! The chieftain said he's a black labrador and he's supposed to be at the hotel reception. Come on, let's find him!" The collie started towards the hotel motioning Gian to follow her.