Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Private Elliot

Re: Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Post by Private Elliot »

Alex mimicked her smile, "Well, it would be a while till it's finished..." he looked ahead, "H-Hey look! There it is!" he said, pointing ahead, at the small house.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Gale growled and spit into the officers hand, just like the officer wasn't going to take any crap from the cat, the cat was the exact same way, i mean, he was going to die soon, what did he have to lose?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:Gale growled and spit into the officers hand, just like the officer wasn't going to take any crap from the cat, the cat was the exact same way, i mean, he was going to die soon, what did he have to lose?
Connors wiped his hand against his shirt. "Let's consider your options, son..." he said, counting them on his fingertips. "1, I bring you in that cell by force, and at that point I'll have to file you as dangerous stray. Then, If you keep on acting like now, you're dead meat in two days.
2, you cooperate, be a good kitty, let us help you so that I can put you into an adoption list. You get five extra months to live, during which you'll be fed and cured. So far, our adoption program did well: This is a pet-friendly community, you'll find someone who wants a new member in the family. Now, what will it be?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

the employee wearily tapped the officer on the shoulder, holding the paper out for the Officer to see. "Umm, sir, he's already marked as a dangerous stray, and is deamed unsuitable for rehabilitation. He's due to be... erm.. done, in a few hours."

The cat sat there with the same demented look.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Kaylee shivered more. Just the talk of killing that other cat...she didn't like death, and it wasn't helping that the pound employees were so...nonchalant about it. She stopped purring and had noticed Dale's arm around her. She scooted a little closer to Dale and put her head on his shoulder.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Connors sighed. He rubbed his temples with his hand. "My young man, what part of 'someone first explains me WHO filled those papers and WHY' are you missing? This pound is not a junkyard where to dispose random strays without informing me FIRST. I don't care if that stuff looks legit or not, the only place where this cat," he pointed at Gale is going to go will be a separated cell while I try to discover something more. Got it?" Then, to Gale, he asked again. Last chance to be a good boy, mister."
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:Last chance to be a good boy, mister."
The cat growled again, showing his teeth. "Go. die."

Dale gritted his teeth, knowing the officer wouldn't take kindly to the other cat. he purred slightly as the warmth from Kaylee fought against the cold ground.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Russiarules1 wrote:After a while in the room with Parker and Summer, Dimitri felt a little bit bored and decided to break the silence "So, uh... SeaBreeze has been always like this? 'cause there is some kind of 'different' going on here... I hope this place is not like back home..."
Parker shook his head. "It was a lot more peaceful before a few days ago, except for what was happening to me...but that's water under the bridge. I don't think Seabreeze is going to go back to being peaceful any time soon..."

---
Kaylee shivered again, but Dale was nice and warm. She purred slightly when he started to.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Connors sighed, shaking his head. He collected the pole with which the operators had brought Gale in, then wrapped its extremity around the cat's throat. "You're bringing this on yourself, lad. Now, let's see if a good night's sleep will calm you down."
Unbeknowst to the presents, another presence was watching everything, standing between Dale and Kaylee.
A familiar blue dragon...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Private Elliot wrote:Alex mimicked her smile, "Well, it would be a while till it's finished..." he looked ahead, "H-Hey look! There it is!" he said, pointing ahead, at the small house.
Ras felt very happy as she walked with Alex. He seemed to her to be someone she could be very comfortable and happy with, and she really liked that, "A long while. And hopefully the song stays very happy!" She said, cheerfully. She looked ahead to the small house, "Ooh! This place looks cool! Let's go inside!"
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

ctcmjh wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:Alex mimicked her smile, "Well, it would be a while till it's finished..." he looked ahead, "H-Hey look! There it is!" he said, pointing ahead, at the small house.
Ras felt very happy as she walked with Alex. He seemed to her to be someone she could be very comfortable and happy with, and she really liked that, "A long while. And hopefully the song stays very happy!" She said, cheerfully. She looked ahead to the small house, "Ooh! This place looks cool! Let's go inside!"
"I do have a feeling that it'll stay happy for a long while." Alex walked forward to the front door. He slowly turned the handle, and peered in. Making sure no feral had somehow walked in, he motioned for Ras to follow him.
Zander

Post by Zander »

The cat growled and bared his teeth, but did not resist.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Connors, the invisible dragon on his shoulder, led Gale out of the room. "You two make yourselves useful: go to the reception and hand those papers, then wait for me. I want to have a chat with you at my office. Before tomorrow, this story'll be cleared or heads will roll."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Kaylee blinked, still shivering. "Wh-what j-just h-happened?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper looked at Janus, ears back. He didn't like this Janus one bit. Rude, and mean. And even after saying someone was a friend, still wanted to hurt them! Jasper's tail moved slowly behind him, and he growled lowly and quietly. He stopped himself and nodded his head slowly. "Summer is the neighborhood watchdog. She keeps an eye out for anything suspicious in town." His paws came up, held horizontal and outwards from his body in a defensive 'you can't get by me' way. His fright was slowly being replaced by frustration. "And you can't eat him, because I said so!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

This male was a gutsy one, Janus knew it. He had proved that already, last night. Janus appreciated gutsy, he wouldn't have had different from his pack mates.
In his eyes, there was only one small problem, too... "Are you actually trying to pull rank on me, beta?" Remember what iI said, lat night, about being careful on your place in this pack?" Ignoring Darren, Janus walked to Jasper, staring at him with ferocious eyes. "Do you really want me to teach some manners to you?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

"Enough with the beta thing! And rank...?" Jasper growled lowly as he was approached, instinctively lowering his head below Janus'. He shook his head lightly though and stood up as tall as he could, though Janus was still taller, and looked Janus in the eye's. Jasper bared his teeth a little. "As far as I'm concerned, we're equals." Jasper's arms lowered, except for one. His paw finding Janus' chest, and pressing on it. Jasper gave a shove, and stepped forwards, moving Janus back as though he were just an older brother in the way of where Jasper was walking. He smirked up at Janus.

"Manors? How's this for manors... the only reason you don't have the shock collar any more is because I'M it's replacement! I may be smaller then you, but I've got enough bite to make you cry too Isabel like a pup!" Okay, so he exaggerated a little, but he was too far gone already. His tail stood upwards, and his posture matched it's straightness as he growled. In the wild, this was the action of issuing a challenge. The adrenaline from the fear he'd first felt was pumping through his veins and was now mixing with the new adrenaline coming from his sense of power at that moment. He would not let Janus' eat Darren, and he would not let this... this... THING Janus turned into push him around.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus' grin lost all trace of amusement.
He knew what his orders were: Do not harm this fool domestic.
He wouldn't obey them out of fear of the shock collar, but because his instincts commanded them to respect his mother's rank.
And for that reason, he wouldn't accept being...bullied by his lower rank!
'Equals', this...insolent had said.
The only 'equal' Janus knew of, was HIMSELF!
Janus perceived he wasn't as much strong as Jasper...But he *was* faster, as he proved the moment he gave a single, fast punch to the wolfdog's solar plexus! Then he grabbed Jasper by the scruff of his neck and pushed him down on his knees.
Janus bent his head and hissed through his teeth, directly into Jasper's ear, "You shall remember your place in this pack, whelp! *No one* can push me around, are we clear on that!" His voice was pure hate's distillate. Whatever trace of the kind Janus that Jasper knew had been buried under the layer of rage born in a distant night of violence and betrayal... "I slaughtered a full-grown grizzly bear, once. Imagine what I could do to *you*!"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Private Elliot wrote:"I do have a feeling that it'll stay happy for a long while." Alex walked forward to the front door. He slowly turned the handle, and peered in. Making sure no feral had somehow walked in, he motioned for Ras to follow him.
Ras hurried and followed him inside the house, looking around her to inspect her surroundings as she entered.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote:Parker shook his head. "It was a lot more peaceful before a few days ago, except for what was happening to me...but that's water under the bridge. I don't think Seabreeze is going to go back to being peaceful any time soon...
"Well, at least we righted a wrong...and we'll get that problem fixed." Summer replied, nodding. She looked at Parker..."Isabel is having me run an errand or two for her." she hinted to Parker subtly since Dimitri was there. "Do you like this gem she gave me?" the Dalmatian mix added as she waved a paw in front of her collar, casually.

----------
valerio wrote:Janus' grin lost all trace of amusement.
He knew what his orders were: Do not harm this fool domestic.
He wouldn't obey them out of fear of the shock collar, but because his instincts commanded them to respect his mother's rank.
And for that reason, he wouldn't accept being...bullied by his lower rank!
'Equals', this...insolent had said.
The only 'equal' Janus knew of, was HIMSELF!
Janus perceived he wasn't as much strong as Jasper...But he *was* faster, as he proved the moment he gave a single, fast punch to the wolfdog's solar plexus! Then he grabbed Jasper by the scruff of his neck and pushed him down on his knees.
Janus bent his head and hissed through his teeth, directly into Jasper's ear, "You shall remember your place in this pack, whelp! *No one* can push me around, are we clear on that!" His voice was pure hate's distillate. Whatever trace of the kind Janus that Jasper knew had been buried under the layer of rage born in a distant night of violence and betrayal... "I slaughtered a full-grown grizzly bear, once. Imagine what I could do to *you*!"
Darren couldn't just sit back and let the one that was just trying to protect him get beaten up...the Chinchilla was scared of the new wolf-dog, but even more afraid of what could happen to the one that was chasing him earlier...especially since that dog was the only one that could protect him at the moment. One thing he knew is that he couldn't allow something like that happen to a resident of Seabreeze Harbor...if it could be prevented. HOLD IT! Darren suddenly shouted out, in a voice unbecoming of a small animal, from his position behind the large ceramic cookie jar.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:Darren couldn't just sit back and let the one that was just trying to protect him get beaten up...the Chinchilla was scared of the new wolf-dog, but even more afraid of what could happen to the one that was chasing him earlier...especially since that dog was the only one that could protect him at the moment. One thing he knew is that he couldn't allow something like that happen to a resident of Seabreeze Harbor...if it could be prevented. HOLD IT! Darren suddenly shouted out, in a voice unbecoming of a small animal, from his position behind the large ceramic cookie jar.
Janus turned his head fast, still baring his fangs in that homicidal snarl, growling like a hellhound.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:Parker shook his head. "It was a lot more peaceful before a few days ago, except for what was happening to me...but that's water under the bridge. I don't think Seabreeze is going to go back to being peaceful any time soon...
"Well, at least we righted a wrong...and we'll get that problem fixed." Summer replied, nodding. She looked at Parker..."Isabel is having me run an errand or two for her." she hinted to Parker subtly since Dimitri was there. "Do you like this gem she gave me?" the Dalmatian mix added as she waved a paw in front of her collar casually.
Parker recognized the camera Summer had been given. Ms. Lagrange was at it again... "Wow, it looks great!" Parker lowered his voice to just above a whisper. "Who's she having you spy on?"
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote: Parker recognized the camera Summer had been given. Ms. Lagrange was at it again... "Wow, it looks great!" Parker lowered his voice to just above a whisper. "Who's she having you spy on?"
Summer got off the bed and started walking to the door. "Sorry, Parker...but I really must go...I wonder how Nemo and Wendy are doing...I haven't seen them in a while. Take care and get some rest so you can recover and live with my family, okay? ...and I'll see you later, Dimitri." she added with a wave to the Husky as she opened the door and walked out of the Border Collie's room.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:Summer got off the bed and started walking to the door. "Sorry, Parker...but I really must go...I wonder how Nemo and Wendy are doing...I haven't seen them in a while. Take care and get some rest so you can recover and live with my family, okay? ...and I'll see you later, Dimitri." she added with a wave to the Husky as she opened the door and walked out of the Border Collie's room.
"Take care, Summer," Parker replied as Summer left. He let himself fall back into the bed as he thought about what she had said. Nemo and Wendy, huh? I wonder what they have to do with all of this...ah, maybe it's some unrelated case or something. I guess I'll take another nap, but...ARGH! I feel so useless just lying here! the Border Collie thought.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Darren decided to remain hidden until he felt he could show himself and not immediately be charged and eaten. "...you mustn't harm Jasper." the Chinchilla said from behind the jar.

---

Janus looked at the vase as if it was made of glass (P-8). He chuckled, while moving the vase, slowly. "I can see youuu..." Then, with a last movement of his fingers, he made the vase fall. "Ops. My bad. Must be the hunger that makes me clumsy..." Janus leaned forward, sniffing at the chinchilla. "So much courage in this tiny morsel... And tell me, snack: Why should I listen to you?"

---

As Janus moved the cookie jar, Darren remained still, knowing as prey that a predator's first instinct at something running away was to chase it. It took all of his acting to be able to appear unafraid. "You are a strong and cunning leader...but you are forgetting a basic premise of a wolf pack mechanic built upon a simple philosophical principle..." the chinchilla replied as he stood his ground.

---

Still keeping his snout at an inch from his prey, Janus snorted, ruffling the small mammal's fur. "And that would be..?" he decided he'd let this snack talk, before eating him in one bite... Then the whelp would've gotten his lesson..!

---

Darren mentally gave a sigh of relief...perhaps this canine could be reasoned with after all. The chinchilla wasn't sure when Isabel was getting back, nor how long he could stall for time, but he had to try. "May I first ask, to whom I am addressing, Great Alpha?" Darren asked the Czech Wolf as he took a knee and bowed his head in respect, as a subject before his king.

---

Still emitting a sinister, guttural sound, Janus stood back up. This small creature was...intriguing. Very corageous, and knew how to address him properly. "My name is Janus Lagrange. Yours?"

---

"Darren Hyde, your Alpha-ship," he replied as he looked up, still down on one knee. He was hoping the dog would allow him to stand soon...also he wondered why he'd be chosen over the food in the fridge, but maybe he could mention that as a last resort...that is if Janus liked cooked meat over non-cooked...the Chinchilla wasn't getting his hopes up though.

---

Janus chuckled, hearing the rodent's name. "Heh, you Hyde, I seek..." And he liked his chops.

---

Darren couldn't let that one slip by and he laughed a bit with genuine laughter. "...you're as witty as you are strong, my Alpha." the Chinchilla stood and bowed before him. "...do you still wish to know why you shouldn't harm Jasper." he asked Janus as he put he folded his paws behind his back.

---

Janus grabbed Darren and lifted him so close to his teeth... "Convince me and you live."

---

Darren eeped as Janus grabbed him around his torso with with his paw and held him close enough for Darren to see himself reflecting off of the incisors of the Czech Wolf. "...surely even you would see the disadvantage of wounding your own pack member..." the chinchilla started, staring at his reflection on the teeth in front of him.

---

Janus thought about it for a long moment. "It is reasonable...But I still could harm him enough to teach him a lesson without wounding him."

---

Darren shook his head. "That's not what I meant, your Alphaship...harming him in any way would harm the pack...since it is only as strong as the sum of its parts...you need everyone to be in their best condition in order to maintain its strength." the chinchilla explained, hoping that would be convincing enough for Janus to let him live.

---

Janus turned his gaze to Jasper, then back to Darren. "I need discipline and rank, not his affection... But you are right on one thing: fighting among us would eventually weakien us as a whole." He dropped the rodent. "You live. And you, beta, don't try to cross me ever again. I'm short on patience, as you may have noticed."

---

"You are wise in your judgments, Alpha." Darren replied to Janus, with a bow. Jeez, that was a close one... What is going on around here...? the chinchilla asked himself.
Also:
Zander

Post by Zander »

The wolf that was following The raccoon remained silent, only his ears turning to the direction of any sound, his eyes staying perfectly still up ahead.

------------

The ruffled and all around dirty grey cat that was Gale followed behind the Officer, hands behind his back still in cuffs.

------------

Dale whispered almost asleep, "I don't know.."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Connors guided Gale into a room large as the one Dale was standing. Only, this one, instead of hosting a single cage, it had three of them.
The Sheriff pushed Gale into the cage at the left corner. Then set him free and closed the door in a quick motion. "Turn around and show me your paws." He produced a small cutter. "Gonna cut them. Meal will be served in half an hour."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Zander wrote:Dale whispered almost asleep, "I don't know.."
Kaylee yawned and snuggled up a little closer to Dale before what she had gone through today had finally taken its toll. She fell asleep, purring lightly, her head resting on Dale's shoulder.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Gale gave the officer a glare with his Dark grey, almost black eyes, before turning around slowly and leaning against the bars, cuffs showing behind him.

------

Dale purred a little more, then fell asleep, his ears folded down and his head resting on top of hers,

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Connors cut the plastic cuffs. "Done. Meal and water will arrive soon. Get a good night's sleep: tomorrow we'll talk again, hoping you'll be calmer. If you need help, just call out loud." He pointed at the camera. Believe it or not, son, we really want to help you. I value life." This said, he went for the door.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper growled and struggled against the hold. His breathing was erratic for a moment as the blow to his sternum knocked the wind out of him. He wheezed for a moment, and growled louder as Janus picked up Darren. Because of this, he halted his struggling, not wanting Darren to get hurt. He waited, and listened, and once Darren was dropped, Janus was fair game! He growled loudly, barking once. "I told you to knock that beta thing off!" He pushed off the floor, twisting his body and breaking Janus' hold on him. His foot winding back so his knee met his chest before swiftly colliding with Janus' jaw in an upwards kick.

Janus rolled backwards, collecting Darren into his paw as he did so. He landed in a crouched position and growled at Janus from his spot. It was at least far enough away from the wolf to give him a chance to react if Janus tried anything again. He looked at Darren, half smiling and half smirking. "Sorry little guy, Darren was it? You're words went to waste... I won't take being talked down to by..." He looked up and glared at Janus. "...a fake Janus." He put the chinchilla down, nudging him towards the door. An effort to get him out of the room.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Mareks wrote:Jasper growled and struggled against the hold. His breathing was erratic for a moment as the blow to his sternum knocked the wind out of him. He wheezed for a moment, and growled louder as Janus picked up Darren. Because of this, he halted his struggling, not wanting Darren to get hurt. He waited, and listened, and once Darren was dropped, Janus was fair game! He growled loudly, barking once. "I told you to knock that beta thing off!" He pushed off the floor, twisting his body and breaking Janus' hold on him. His foot winding back so his knee met his chest before swiftly colliding with Janus' jaw in an upwards kick.

Janus rolled backwards, collecting Darren into his paw as he did so. He landed in a crouched position and growled at Janus from his spot. It was at least far enough away from the wolf to give him a chance to react if Janus tried anything again. He looked at Darren, half smiling and half smirking. "Sorry little guy, Darren was it? You're words went to waste... I won't take being talked down to by..." He looked up and glared at Janus. "...a fake Janus." He put the chinchilla down, nudging him towards the door. An effort to get him out of the room.
Dang it! Darren thought to himself as the situation quickly got out of hand after it seemed to be going so well. He was thankful that Jasper had taken him in the sudden chaos and he wasn't going to need to be told twice to scram from the potential brawl. He ran out of the kitchen and went to find some shelter somewhere else in the house.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

"'Fake'?" Janus lost every trace of that somber humor of his. Instead, he clenched his fists at his sides. He was ready for blood, now! His voice was low. His tongue darted between his clenched teeth. "I'll show you who's 'fake', whelp! Without me, my puppy other would be dead meat! *I* kept him alive all this time! And I will keep doing so! BUT YOU WON'T BE ALIVE TO SEE THAT!!" He made to jump toward the other wolfdog--when all of a sudden he fell down with a loud *yowlp!*, just as if he had been electrocuted by the shock collar.
Janus went down, and cuddled into a ball, holding his head, whining in pain...and something else.
"You must not hurt him! I told you! You must not hurt him! Go away!"
It was something to see: It was as if a mask was being put and pulled off repeatedly, Janus face was...melting, there was no other word to describe it! Love and hate, fear and rage, were alternating, deforming the muscles as if they were liquid.
"I will NOT go away, weakling! It was your FAULT if we almost died! You owe ME your life! Enough with this 'love' nonsese! You need ME and no one else!"
Janus eyes were completely rolled backward, turning his expression in a grotesque masque. The Czech wolf clutched at his chest with his claws, drawing his own blood in drops. "You're not strong! You keep people away! You keep Mom away! SHE saved us from father, not you! Where were you when I needed you with Jason?! YOU'RE A COWARD!"
Then, Janus smashed his fists into the parquet, digging a hole into it! "I AM NOT A COWARD! You tricked me! You kept me at bay, while I was telling you not to trust them, weakling! WE CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!"
At those words, Janus HOWLED! His eyes rolled back in position, filled with anguish, fear, despair...love. And for the first time since that fateful night, he prononouced the forbidden words he had learnt to fear.
"Help me! Jasper, please, help me!
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper growled, and was about to lunge into Janus at the same time as he had lunged for him. But he'd suddenly collapsed tot he ground in pain. Jasper didn't understand. He didn't understand what was going on, another confusing event to be added on top of the events that already took place. Jasper was horrified by the expressions on Janus' face. He held a paw out, as if wanting to help, but really didn't know what to do. Janus was arguing with... himself?! This was so something out of the Twilight Zone, Jasper couldn't help but find some sort of amusement at the back of his mind. He loved that Dark Janus was feeling some honest to god pain, but he hated that HIS Janus was feeling it too.

Then something else happened. HIS Janus called for help! His mate wanted his help, and he didn't know how! What would he do?! He wasn't sure, his body had moved with out him, before he could even think about what to do, he'd tackled Janus onto his back and was gripping his wrists. He pinned Janus to the floor, sitting on his chest, knee's on his shoulders to keep his arms from reaching him. He let go of his wrists, no longer worried about Janus being able to grab him. He placed his paws on his mates head, covering his eye's. He remember his dad said wild animals feel safer if they can't see danger, and that it would help them calm down if they were worked up. He hoped this worked!

He leaned down, and started humming into Janus' ear. The theme from his locket. His dad use to do with for him during storms when his mother died. It would always help him relax and calm down. He would even fall asleep to it, and he still liked it when his dad hummed into his ear while he tried to sleep. His humming became smoother as he himself relaxed from humming it, and he started stroking Janus' fur with one paw, while the other stayed on his eye's. His nose rested on Janus' now, his own eye's closed. Please.. please work...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:He leaned down, and started humming into Janus' ear. The theme from his locket. His dad use to do with for him during storms when his mother died. It would always help him relax and calm down. He would even fall asleep to it, and he still liked it when his dad hummed into his ear while he tried to sleep. His humming became smoother as he himself relaxed from humming it, and he started stroking Janus' fur with one paw, while the other stayed on his eye's. His nose rested on Janus' now, his own eye's closed. Please.. please work...
Janus didn't move. He was...transfixed, hypnotized by that humming sound. His chest rose and lowered in ragged breaths. His body trembled, as the inner turmoil kept the wolfdog from venting his rage.
"Jasper..." he muttered, desperately trying to calm down his savage self, trying to relax in his mate's arms, trying to let that music soothe his split soul...
But it was like trying to keep a tsunami at bay using a sand dam. And he was trying so hard to put more and more sand against that wave of terrible rage... "It was Jason's fault, not ours," he said, sobbing. "I trusted him, and you didn't protect me. We're both at fault...but Jasper is different. Please, alone...we're weak."
"He'll betray us! He will sell us cheap just to have a good laugh."
"Give him a chance. Please."
A mocking sneer distorted Janus' lips. "He already knows the truth about us. Do you still believe he won't run away as soon as he's safe? It's over already! *I* am everything you'll ever have to protect you, stupid!"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper continued to hum the tune, ignoring the chatter between the inner and outer. He felt that if he said anything, he would only make things worse. Janus had to do this on his own. However, feeling the more relaxed breathing, Jasper felt it safe to remove his legs from Janus' arms. Slowly, and cautiously, he released the wolf's arms, and now sat lower down on his mates stomach. His paw stayed on Janus' eye's though. He wasn't holding them there, they were simply resting now. His head rested against the wolf's chest, his free paw now on Janus' shoulders.

"I'll never leave." His paw on Janus' shoulder tightened a bit, half hugging the wolf now. He was whispering. "Promise."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Jasper continued to hum the tune, ignoring the chatter between the inner and outer. He felt that if he said anything, he would only make things worse. Janus had to do this on his own. However, feeling the more relaxed breathing, Jasper felt it safe to remove his legs from Janus' arms. Slowly, and cautiously, he released the wolf's arms, and now sat lower down on his mates stomach. His paw stayed on Janus' eye's though. He wasn't holding them there, they were simply resting now. His head rested against the wolf's chest, his free paw now on Janus' shoulders.

"I'll never leave." His paw on Janus' shoulder tightened a bit, half hugging the wolf now. He was whispering. "Promise."
Janus' trembling, eventually, subsided. The wolfdog looked as if he had been through a bad cold, but it was his exhaustion. That inner war had sapped almost all of his energies. Ironically, to prove himself stronger, dark Janus had weakened himself to the point of being barely awake...
Yet, when one paw encircled Jasper's neck, it was a warm, grateful smile that lightened up Janus' muzzle. "Thank you, my love..." he whispered.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Gale moved his paws to in front of his face, not speaking. "Oh don't worry, this has done nothing to stop me.." he mouthed, faced away from the officer so he couldn't see him.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:Gale moved his paws to in front of his face, not speaking. "Oh don't worry, this has done nothing to stop me.." he mouthed, faced away from the officer so he couldn't see him.
A small dragon's head, turned upside down, appeared in front of Gale's visual field. "Hel-lo, dear. Looks like someone has rage problems to manage. Fear not, the doctor is here!"
---
Deep inside Kaylee's mind, a blue flame appeared hovering in the midst of her dream. And that flame spoke in a soft, soothing voice.
"Hello, innocent one. I wish to speak to you."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale woke instantly from a nightmare, looking around a little, but realizing his situation, and that he was leaning against Kaylee, he calmed down and laid his head back over hers. He felt her shivering, and he too was also cold. In the corner about a foot away was a folded blanket, which looks like it has been abused in at least 7 different ways. Without moving anything but his foot he gently pulled the rag over, and as he picked it up he realized it was only large enough for one of them. He slowly laid the blanket over Kaylee's shivering body, and gently rested his head back on hers.

---------

Gale scoffed. He swatted the blue dragon's face out of his, which simply passed through the entity, and he walked to this small bench which hung off the side of the wall. Sitting down on it lazily. "I don't have time for you.." he said in a all-too familiar voice.

-Robert Louis Stevenson