Housepets Theme Video (HD: 720p resolution)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Frooxius

Housepets Theme Video (HD: 720p resolution)

Post by Frooxius »

Several weeks ago (about two months), I got an idea to make a Housepets theme fanart video, using Buckdida's song. Now, after a few weeks of sleepless nigths (I have much more work to do than just this), my video's done.

It's nothing special, because I actually never made this specific kind of animated video (so this is first time, but I made different videos before, this one is still full of mistakes), but I hope you'll like it at least a little bit. I uploaded to the Youtube, because it's easier for sharing and providing it in more bitrates. I recommend watching it in original HD resolution: 1280x720 px, so you can see the best picture (you should also watch it fullscreen then).

I hope I didn't forget anything, I'm really sorry, it's 6am here and I haven't slept yet, I just wanted to finish this, so I can focus on other project more.

Watch it here.
Last edited by Frooxius on Sun May 15, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
ndigit

Re: Housepets Theme Video (HD: 720p resolution)

Post by ndigit »

That was actually very cool! I like it lots!
This world simply requires "ctrl+z"
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

That was very well done indeed.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Looks really professional, it is incredible!
Make Pasta not war.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I love you
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Ebly wrote:I love you
seconded
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
valerio

Post by valerio »

You are THE COOL, man! :mrgreen:
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Awesomesauce, man
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

The animation is awesome! The fact that my song was used is also awesome (yes Tails did let me know).

...my voice is not!
AUGH! That burns my EARS!

Hmm...there must be a way to improve the quality of the singing...Hmm...Well, when I get a chance (which might be a while from now) I'll try re-recording that version of the song for the video...or maybe get someone who can actually sing.

My own voice aside, that was top quality, as you had assured me! Awesome job Tails.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I love the animations, and the theme song is already stuck in my head.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Even though I watched it with the volume off, it was still awsome!
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

very very professional (I think the word awesome has been overused) animation :mrgreen:

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
NickCole

Post by NickCole »

It IS very professional looking. It's almost like an opening for it. xD
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Wow, very nicely done. I really liked the animation effects, and the fact that the "camera" movements actually served a point and added to the video, instead of being distracting or making me nauseous like most such videos. Definitely not your average fan vid.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

I'm not the person, who is easy to impress, especially in part of moviemaking. BUT...
Man, it's fantastic! I was sitting with my mouth opened for the whole video, and I watched it for five times, before posting here. I especially like this moment.
Tomáš! You're genious!!!
And Buck's song is really cool))

And I'm really surprised, that everyone eventually forgot about purring)) So, *purr* ;)

p.s. And yes, I've downloaded this video. It now goes to my favorite videos collection.
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

buck your voice works for the song. had i sung it twould have sounded like Roy Orbison.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Two_Twig wrote:
Ebly wrote:I love you
seconded
Thirded

Can we make that the theme song for the fan-made video? :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

That's really good Tails. You've earned my respect with it =)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kudos on the video and song being used. I really like the effort that was put into it. =)

Personally, i feel like it can go higher still though, but the animation combined with the song were really top notch.

Man, i gotta get off of my butt and do something >.<
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Jack

Post by Jack »

intense. amazing. everything. its just great. absolutely amazing!
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

So, and that's all? I mean, everybody just said "wow" and thread died?)) No discussions? No debates?..
See me on DeviantArt.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RaptorAnton wrote:So, and that's all? I mean, everybody just said "wow" and thread died?)) No discussions? No debates?..
What's there to debate? It's pretty much unanimous that it was an awesome video.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Teh Brawler wrote:
RaptorAnton wrote:So, and that's all? I mean, everybody just said "wow" and thread died?)) No discussions? No debates?..
What's there to debate? It's pretty much unanimous that it was an awesome video.
Quite true, the video doesn't need a debate at all, however, I think that this will encourge our community to work together to make projects like this in the future. My bet is the radio show that we can do in the summer.
Make Pasta not war.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

um... thanks Image

But I think it's far from professional, as some of you said. Somewhat advanced maybe, but certainly not professional and there's plenty of glitches and things that could've be done much better. However, I think that you may find interesting also this. It's a package of some pictures I upscaled for the purposes of the video (for example Peanut/Grape/Bino/Fido portraits), thus, they're in higher resolution than originals, without being blurred. Of course, there's plenty of details I forgot about, or simply refused to clean up, because it's very hard to notice them in a short while in the video, but in static pictures, I think they're noticeable a lot, plus some of he pictures would look better if used at max 95 % of their original (upscaled) size, so the alias won't be present.
Teh Brawler wrote:Can we make that the theme song for the fan-made video?
I'm sorry, but what does this mean?
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I loved the video, and I personally think the animation suits the song--in fact, I was surprised at first that it wasn't the same person doing both! :oops:

It may not be necessarily "professional" quality but it's enjoyable enough for that not to be a problem. It was just fun, and funny, for its own sake. :lol:

One question, though, as I'm new here: is there a place where I can find the lyrics to the song? Because while I could make out a lot of the lyrics it was SO fast that I didn't catch everything, especially since the accents were sometimes on the wrong syllables....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

First, welcome to the forums!

The discussion thread for the theme song is [[here]], with updated lyrics in [[this post]]. The song is written and performed by Buckdida, one of our site supermods.
Last edited by Dissension on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:First, welcome to the forums!

The discussion thread for the theme song is [[here]], with updated lyrics in [[this]] post.
Thank you very much!
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tails++ wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Can we make that the theme song for the fan-made video?
I'm sorry, but what does this mean?
There was talk at some point of making an animated video based off of the comic strip. I'm not sure if that's going anywhere, but I thought I'd ask.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Teh Brawler wrote:There was talk at some point of making an animated video based off of the comic strip. I'm not sure if that's going anywhere, but I thought I'd ask.
Tails made a video... it's in the OP. The song is by Buckdida....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:There was talk at some point of making an animated video based off of the comic strip. I'm not sure if that's going anywhere, but I thought I'd ask.
Tails made a video... it's in the OP. The song is by Buckdida....
...yeah, that's what we've been talking about.....
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Tails++ wrote:I think it's far from professional, as some of you said. Somewhat advanced maybe, but certainly not professional and there's plenty of glitches and things that could've be done much better.
In my view, professionalism is not ability to do everything perfectly (it's just impossible to make EVERYTHING ideal), but to make it look perfectly, to make your mistakes to be noteless. As nobody noticed those glitches - so, you did well.
Am I right?
See me on DeviantArt.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

RaptorAnton: I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe my opinion of professionalism is highly affected by the fact, that I'm rather an (so far amateur) programmer and game designer and with programming, things may be different, because you need to make a lot of things perfect, fix tons of bugs, make hundreds even thousand tweaks and optimizations, because without them, the overall result will be buggy, unstable or won't even compile and work at all, even when you spent weeks working on it... Also, even if it works, it's not that hard to tell apart amateur and professional source code, because amateurs make plenty of mistakes, which cause the program to be more system resources demanding, buggy and hard to improve or change in the future.

Basically, ability to write better programs, with more cleaner source codes and better solved algorithms and extensibility is gained by experience and years of working. I know this, because my first programs were like that - I don't even attempt to modify my old work much, because I would have to rewrite it from beginning... Even although I have already certain years of experience in programming and game designing (I started at 12), I still think that I'm far from professional in this area, but more advanced than before, but my whole point is, that professionals are these people, who have a lot of experience in certain area, as well as some solid theoretical basis (both things are very important). When they gain enough experience, learn from their previous mistakes, their work will become better and better over time (years), because they will know what's good to do, what's not, what could have be done better and they get this overall wide insight in that particular area.

Although I described this for programming, I think the same or very similar applies to all areas to some extent, thus, even video making and because I actually never made this specific kind of video (music video/animation), although I made some other types (so, some concepts are the same/similar), but also not that much. I'm rather into programming, where I spent much more time than with making videos and still... I'm far from creating professional-like software in this area, because there's still much to learn (and I don't mean just theory), so the same applies for video making.

Also, professionals usually get paid for their work (because they usually work in that area, that doesn't mean, that they get paid for the content they make for free and fun in their free time), however, the opposite is not true (who gets paid for his work, is professional). Because, I earn money for some of my work (computer magazine), but I'm hardly professional. The other (not external) editors I work with, as well as editor in chief are rather professionals than me, because their articles are usually a lot better, because they worked in that area for years. Even editor in chief told me, that it takes some time (several years), to really get into writing articles (meaning, that you'll (I) be able to write them very good), even it took him some time and he still makes mistakes, but generally, his work is much better than mine, but you have to write thousands of articles to achieve that and years of hard work and gaining experience.

So I don't like calling that video professional much (or any other work of mine), because it seems a little unfair to me, because there are people, who already spend years by hard working on improving themselves and their creations and they are now really good (professional) in it, but I don't have that much experience, so it's inadequate to call everything professional. Yes, nobody may noticed glitches, mistakes and bugs in the video, but first, I think nobody searched for mistakes thoroughly (and there wasn't even huge audience) and it's not just mistakes in the picture, it's this overall... "smoothness" of the video (I don't know how to describe it)... this thing, that distinguishes between simple slideshow (where it's very hard to make some glitches, it's just pictures+transition+music and that's all) and something more animated, which leaves a better impression in you after watching it, than just simple slideshow.

Plus, I know about plenty of mistakes I made and forgot/neglected to repair them, starting with Max's teeth in that quick-pet-naming scene, bottom side of the picture of Peanut's head in the first scene, when the distance from the center is smallest, too quick pet-naming scene (it's harder to recognize pets sometime), irregular fade in/out transition of the last of three pictures flashing during the "Babylon gardens" scene, little tearing when transitioning between "jump" to "linear" animation with the Peanut and Grape in car picture, Bino and crowd could have appeared earlier (so there won't be just that burning house so long) or overall smoothness of movement-animations (there's still something like little tearing). Even without these mistakes, I can get rid of feeling, that it's still lacking something, which could make it even better, because there's still a lot of things to improve.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Reading your reply, I was thinking about only one thing: "What made me to show off, instead of just writing "awesome", just like the others did?" ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Chron

Post by Chron »

Tails++ wrote:Blah blah blah, I'm not really all that good, there are more professional people, blah blah blah...
It's a compliment. Take it and be happy. :D While we can all spot the mistakes in our work, it's not necessary to completly shoot down any praise thrown your way. ;)
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Chron: I did object only to the part, that some people called it professional, while from my viewpoint and I think more general less-biased viewpoint it's not professional. Awesome, maybe, but I don't want to claim or accept that this is a professional work, while there's still so much to improve and learn. Like I said, I think professionals and professional works have many years of experience, while I don't (yet?). But I'm quite pleased by that awesome part Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Tails++ wrote:Chron: I did object only to the part, that some people called it professional, while from my viewpoint and I think more general less-biased viewpoint it's not professional. Awesome, maybe, but I don't want to claim or accept that this is a professional work, while there's still so much to improve and learn. Like I said, I think professionals and professional works have many years of experience, while I don't (yet?). But I'm quite pleased by that awesome part Image
So... You wanted us to say: "hah, nothing special... It's very-very-very far from professional work. But, yeah, it looks good..." ? I don't think so. You just need to bow and smile, and not talk about you, being not so good, and what could be done better ...
Just like Chron said, "It's a compliment. Take it and be happy." So, be happy, like we are.
The author is never satisfied with his creation. If he is pleased with it for 100% - he is a conceited fool.
It's normal bo be critical about your creation, just don't show your dissatisfaction to all those people, who admire your work. ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

No... You didn't understand me. My dissatisfaction comes from improper terminology used when praising someone else's work :lol: I mean, it actually makes me feel bad, when something is called professional (and when it's not), because it puts it on the same level as much more better works of others, who have much more experience, knowledge and skill. It cost some people much more time to achieve the status, when their work is professional and when I have much less of experience and knowledge than others, who spend more time with this, it feels like these other people spend these years of improving themselves for nothing, because there's no distinction between their work and other work by less experienced people.

Oh... be happy. Yes, I'm wonderful magical pixie living in the world of flying colorful candy (edible) butterflies with quantum flowers and virtually non-existent power fluctuations... Image Happy, happy happy...
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Tails++ wrote:No... You didn't understand me. My dissatisfaction comes from improper terminology used when praising someone else's work :lol: I mean, it actually makes me feel bad, when something is called professional (and when it's not), because it puts it on the same level as much more better works of others, who have much more experience, knowledge and skill. It cost some people much more time to achieve the status, when their work is professional and when I have much less of experience and knowledge than others, who spend more time with this, it feels like these other people spend these years of improving themselves for nothing, because there's no distinction between their work and other work by less experienced people.

Oh... be happy. Yes, I'm wonderful magical pixie living in the world of flying colorful candy (edible) butterflies with quantum flowers and virtually non-existent power fluctuations... Image Happy, happy happy...
I've got your point from the very beginning. And that's why I said this:
RaptorAnton wrote:Reading your reply, I was thinking about only one thing: "What made me to show off, instead of just writing "awesome", just like the others did?" ;)
I just wanted to use the word, that would make you to be proud of your video a bit more.
(And I still think that your skills in moviemaking are rather high... ;) )
See me on DeviantArt.
Chron

Post by Chron »

XD Okay, okay, how about we come to a compromise? We all agree that your work looks awesome, and you agree that it is. And no one will say that it is professional, but just looks like it could be. Fair enough? :P
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

Epic win video!!! Great job! That looked AWESOME.