Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ebly

Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Post by Ebly »

see final post.
Last edited by Ebly on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dylan
Box Fox

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by Dylan »

I'll try for someone...I got a mic and all!
Make Pasta not war.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Sounds...fun...?
I might try it...if i ever find the mic we had....
buckdida really started it with his theme song......
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

The Game wrote:Sounds...fun...?
not really, him and I discussed it earlier over MSN though anyway
Well, I'm kind of hoping it will be fun. There's not much point in doing something you don't like, y'know what I mean?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:
Well, I'm kind of hoping it will be fun. There's not much point in doing something you don't like, y'know what I mean?
Hey, half of me is hoping that I can nab the voice actors here to do the theme song.

To restate, I would be willing to try out for the following:

Peanut
Joey/Bino/Fido
Fox
King
Marvin

And or minor parts/ extras.

Anyway, I've got 2 headsets w/ mic (a consequence of being a gamer), and Audicity is free. I've heard it's kinda working quirky on Windows 7, though, so be careful.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Hey, half of me is hoping that I can nab the voice actors here to do the theme song.

To restate, I would be willing to try out for the following:

Peanut
Joey/Bino/Fido
Fox
King
Marvin

And or minor parts/ extras.

Anyway, I've got 2 headsets w/ mic (a consequence of being a gamer), and Audicity is free. I've heard it's kinda working quirky on Windows 7, though, so be careful.
You be careful too, mister.
Because you are trying out for those parts, y'know, right now.
You are opening a recording program and recording those parts.
go go go go go
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I'm hearing my voice...but I can't really match it to any characters.
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Well, I'll try to get a mic, and see what I can do, but it won't be the end of the world for me if I don't.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ndigit

Post by ndigit »

This actually does sound interesting. Me like try if I ever get time!

I dunno though...with my voice I might be able to do Spo, Bino, or Joey...MAYBE Fox but only because I want to.
Oh yea and of course Keys. :)
This world simply requires "ctrl+z"
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

I may try out for Tiger.
Hopefully there's not a tight time constraint, 'cause I'll have to wait for a weekend or something.
I was thinking about Fox too, but I'm not so sure about that one.
Also funny colours just because they're there.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Well, since someone (And i looked everywhere :() FINALLY found a program i can run a recording with, i'm willing to give it a shot.

I personally feel i'm able to do all the pets and humans. it's a matter of comic book tone.

I'm going to try it out when i can, preferrably this weekend, but some casting roles i can try are:

Peanut
Grape
Fido
Bino
Sasha
Mr./Mrs. Sandwich
Tarot
and possibly Maxwell, though that is a stretch. >.>
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Hahaha, I'm happy that the interest is there.

Guys, there's no time limit, and the more characters you record yourself doing the better because A) the more likely you'll be a part of it and B) the more varied pool there would be to choose from (i.e. more likely to sound just right, y'know?)

But most importantly, this is about fun, so have fun! *Giggle*
Jack

Post by Jack »

you liked my joke? really? im so happy! teehee.
to business:
i never thought i could really do a good peanut cos i don't have a child like/girly voice which i think is fit for peanut. ... but im gonna try him anyway!

i think i would make a good fido. other then that i can't really think of anyone i could sound like so im hoping maybe you guys would do a better job of matching my voice to the characters. now i just need to find a good mic.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Chron

Post by Chron »

Wow, I just realized I've become a lurker in the forums. XD I was hoping that wouldn't happen. But hopefully I can pull out of it...
ANYWAYS, back on topic, I would definitely love to try out for a few characters! I love voice acting for some reason which is unknown to me.
I'd like to try out for;
Bino
Maxwell
Spo
And maybe Joel/King. Not so sure...
And the leader of the Mouse revolution. Definitely him.

EDIT:
Uhhh, Ebly? How exactly should I send it to you? I don't see your e-mail on your profile, and I don't see an attachment button for PM's... Am I missing something?
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Even though I started this and have a lot more to say, this is a translation project, isn't it?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm not sure whether this discussion would be considered a 'translation project.' The finished product is more likely to be a 'translation,' though.

Also, I think Ebly started this. Your thread's intent seemed to be the discussion of the characters' voices and a sort of fantasy casting call, rather than actual one.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Chron wrote:EDIT:
Uhhh, Ebly? How exactly should I send it to you? I don't see your e-mail on your profile, and I don't see an attachment button for PM's... Am I missing something?
The idea was that you can either upload it to an upload site and send the link to the upload, or if that's too much, PM me to ask for my email.

But this is okay too, I'll PM you now

Blue:
I don't consider it a translation project since it's not being translated in terms of a language (though I know that that is not the only definition of translation, it's the one assumed). I considered putting this in Media Median since if this happens, it will be quite bandwidth-killing, but the relation to the comic inspired me to put it in The Comic since Media Median is in Not The Comic, i.e. not comic-related, which this is.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Ebly wrote:
The idea was that you can either upload it to an upload site and send the link to the upload, or if that's too much, PM me to ask for my email.

Blue:
I don't consider it a translation project since it's not being translated in terms of a language (though I know that that is not the only definition of translation, it's the one assumed). I considered putting this in Media Median since if this happens, it will be quite bandwidth-killing, but the relation to the comic inspired me to put it in The Comic since Media Median is in Not The Comic, i.e. not comic-related, which this is.
Um, okay I guess. Where are we going to put the files? Will Rick make a special section or something if this happens?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

BlueArmy wrote:
Ebly wrote:

Blue:
Um, okay I guess. Where are we going to put the files? Will Rick make a special section or something if this happens?
Attachments might work, I have not tried to attach anything but a picture file, but I don't see why it would not besides maybe being too big.

But besides that, since they would presumably be sizable, I do have an account on a file upload website that would certainly be able to handle it.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

If I had a high-quality mic here are some roles I'd like to play (which unfortunately I cannot):
Mr. Sandwitch
Miles
Fido
Rex
Pete

That's about it. I have a low voice, I can't do most of the characters as I would have imagined them. However, I can imitate accents pretty well (British, Canadian, Minnesoootan, Irish, Southern, you-name-it), and I wish I could help you there.

Also, I don't think we should do this by the strip exactly as it is laid out. This is a product of the fans, after all. We should come up with our own material to fill in the gaps, extend the time and add some drama and/or comedy. Otherwise, I'd expect this project to be very short-lived and of a lower quality.

Then again, that is just my opinion
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I've received Chron's recording. It's good! But I hope that people will record more soon, because we can't really have three people doing every character.

I was not seeing this as being done exactly as the strips are laid out - it would definitely be a bit different, because the aural form is a lot less effective at expressing some things.
At the same time, I see having too much original content (as opposed to slightly changing the strip's content) could detract from the actual comic part of it - but naturally a bit of it wouldn't go too far astray.
Chron

Post by Chron »

Yay! I'm an eligible candidate! :D *happy dance*
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Im' rather shy when it comes to recording my voice, but ill see if i can send you a sample.
Also, here is a simple file hosting website to send files with:
http://www.filedropper.com/
it requires no account
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I've now also got ndigit's and Buckdida's recordings. Hooray!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Blegh, I'm not going to make it in time. Oh, well, I'll enjoy watching the progress.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:Blegh, I'm not going to make it in time. Oh, well, I'll enjoy watching the progress.
"In time"? Way to completely ignore the "there is no time limit" post, brawlyboy.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:"In time"? Way to completely ignore the "there is no time limit" post, brawlyboy.
Well, there's still the point where all the parts are taken, Ebly.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Jack

Post by Jack »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Ebly wrote:"In time"? Way to completely ignore the "there is no time limit" post, brawlyboy.
your avatar... it matches your posts in such a prefect way.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Ebly wrote:
At the same time, I see having too much original content (as opposed to slightly changing the strip's content) could detract from the actual comic part of it - but naturally a bit of it wouldn't go too far astray.
FINALLY somebody listens to me.
ndigit

Post by ndigit »

Teh Brawler wrote:Well, there's still the point where all the parts are taken, Ebly.
Well think of it this way, it's an audition. People are sending in their files but if you send in something that Ebly just likes better, then it's all good! Don't even talk to me about not liking your voice either. I have a voice so nasally, it makes Stever Urkel sound quite manly.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:
What ndigit said, minus the voice-depreciation - so, send something in when you have the chance!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

You know, we should do something more along the lines of something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidwuOEiwPk&feature=fvw

We can all send in audio files, and somebody (most likely our friend from the Czech Republic) can put the pieces together. I think it would be a great promotion. What do you people think?
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

BlueArmy wrote:You know, we should do something more along the lines of something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidwuOEiwPk&feature=fvw

I have bigger plans in mind.
Make Pasta not war.
ndigit

Post by ndigit »

Dylan wrote:I have bigger plans in mind.
Care to elaborate?
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

ndigit wrote:
Dylan wrote:I have bigger plans in mind.
Care to elaborate?
Not really.
Make Pasta not war.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

In terms of casting, even though it exceeded my expectations (I was expecting this to go nowhere and to end up with no emails, which was blown way out of the water), I was nevertheless hoping for more people to be involved! Unfortunately it seems the novelty of sending your voice in to some guy you don't know has worn off.

I've made some preliminary decisions that I probably have no right to make, but basically it means there is a probable cast member for Bino, Fido, Joey, Maxwell, and Spo so far. Still unsure about Joel/King, Peanut, and some of the other minor and one-off male charaters but they'll come, I'm sure (and the one-offs can probably just be people we already have since they are relatively inconsequential anyway). Besides that, it sure is hard to fill in the female roles with no female voices, huh?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Ebly wrote:In terms of casting, even though it exceeded my expectations (I was expecting this to go nowhere and to end up with no emails, which was blown way out of the water), I was nevertheless hoping for more people to be involved! Unfortunately it seems the novelty of sending your voice in to some guy you don't know has worn off.

I've made some preliminary decisions that I probably have no right to make, but basically it means there is a probable cast member for Bino, Fido, Joey, Maxwell, and Spo so far. Still unsure about Joel/King, Peanut, and some of the other minor and one-off male charaters but they'll come, I'm sure (and the one-offs can probably just be people we already have since they are relatively inconsequential anyway). Besides that, it sure is hard to fill in the female roles with no female voices, huh?
1) so who did you pick?
2) i could probably ask my GF who just joined this forum but im afraid her accent is a little too thick.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I may not be able to send sound files until the weekend (a little busy this week), but I'm interested in joining this myself, if I'm wanted. :D

I'm glad none of the characters I wanted to play have been taken yet--I kind of had an idea for Fido's voice but I doubt my ability to pull it off properly....

Sometime this weekend I'll probably try to record for a few characters whose voices I hear in my head. I don't expect (or even want) to do multiple characters but just to give an idea of my vocal range and get me casted properly if there's a part you think suits me. Fox in particular sounds to me like the way I normally talk, but I can "do voices" for some of the other characters (such as Joel/King) and see how that turns out.

Also, this is just an idea and you don't have to go with it, but since you're stuck on female characters and Grape wasn't known to be female for awhile and I have an idea in my mind of how she sounds, I could give a sound file for her too if you wanted.

At any rate, I hope this gets off the ground whether I get picked or not--I love webcomic Radio Projects!
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

CRUDCRUDCRUDCRUD I've got to get that microphone!
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Teh Brawler wrote:CRUDCRUDCRUDCRUD I've got to get that microphone!
I have a mircophone...I have the lazyness, I guess that means that if we trade spots we can get somewhere...

I'm trying out for Peanut, Max, Joey and Fido. I'll get the files as soon as possible.
Make Pasta not war.