Pet Friendly - Verde Grove

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: Pet Friendly - Verde Grove

Post by Hypergenesis »

The bear looked at where the squirrel was pointing and walked towards the scattered acorns and started picking them up. "It's quite rare to find this much acorns as food is scarce in the winter.", said Salvatore as he gathered all of the acorns he saw. "So how do you plan on carrying these? Do you have a bag or something to keep them in?", he asked while he cradled the acorns.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

"I guess not many have went out in here." Flint said in a bit of a uneasy tone. He was very suprised that the bear even went to help him get back what he dropped, and even more ashamed about what he originally judged him to be. "Umm, well normally just holding them, but I guess I can't now." He said, kinda embarrassed. "I have learned to make a bag out of leaves though, but I do not think there are any healthy ones left to use."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Cyrano had a confused look on. Hey yourself? that doesnt even make- his thoughts were cut off by the random glob of snow that just impacted his face. he grabbed a handful of snow and observed it closely, holding it out for Pierre to see. he pointed at it, with a surprised face. "Hey Pierre! look! that bug is waving at you!" he said, hoping Pierre would stick his face close at it to get a better look.
"What bug? What bug?" said Pierre.

Ethyl would have warned her brother that it was a trick, but she wasn't supposed to give her opinion. Besides, she was focusing on the foxes.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano smiled as Pierre fell for it. "this bug!" cyrano smiled as he shoved the blot of snow into Pierre's face.
Immediately after impact, Cyrano knelt down and grabbed another handful of snow before running away for cover. He began to mold the snow into a snowball.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Cyrano smiled as Pierre fell for it. "this bug!" cyrano smiled as he shoved the blot of snow into Pierre's face.
Immediately after impact, Cyrano knelt down and grabbed another handful of snow before running away for cover. He began to mold the snow into a snowball.
Pierre was stunned. Shaking the snow off his face he looked around.

"I don't see a bug!" he said, disappointed.

Then, seeing what Cyrano was doing, he quickly grabbed a handful of snow without packing it into a ball and threw it at him.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Souji

Post by Souji »

ctcmjh wrote:Mina looked at Souji, "You should be sorry, running off like that without even telling me your name." She said, looking at him with a cross, condescending look. It warmed to a flirtatious smile, "I only jest. But I do have to say that you look awfully cute blushing like that." She teased, "My name is Mina." She said.
"M-my name?".. Souji figured giving his name wouldn't be a problem, but he was faltering under her stare and her appraisal of his looks. "My name is Souji.", he said, suddenly becoming eager now that he knew she wouldn't pelt him with snowballs. He looked at her in the eyes, tail wagging just a little bit, hope welling inside him that he might get answers.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Souji wrote:"M-my name?".. Souji figured giving his name wouldn't be a problem, but he was faltering under her stare and her appraisal of his looks. "My name is Souji.", he said, suddenly becoming eager now that he knew she wouldn't pelt him with snowballs. He looked at her in the eyes, tail wagging just a little bit, hope welling inside him that he might get answers.
"Souji, eh? Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." She told him, smiling. She walked a bit closer to him, "So, Souji, why were you in such a hurry to get into the town? Ferals don't tend to spend much time inside the town itself." She asked him, her tail flicking around her as it brushed him slightly.
Souji

Post by Souji »

ctcmjh wrote: "Souji, eh? Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." She told him, smiling. She walked a bit closer to him, "So, Souji, why were you in such a hurry to get into the town? Ferals don't tend to spend much time inside the town itself." She asked him, her tail flicking around her as it brushed him slightly.
Souji once again faltered as Mina's tail brushed him, not used to any kind of nonviolent contact, but looked her in the face and puffed his chest out. "I'm looking for a place to settle!" He grinned and went on, "I'm tired of traveling, and this is the first settlement I've come across in a while!"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Souji wrote:Souji once again faltered as Mina's tail brushed him, not used to any kind of nonviolent contact, but looked her in the face and puffed his chest out. "I'm looking for a place to settle!" He grinned and went on, "I'm tired of traveling, and this is the first settlement I've come across in a while!"
Mina smiled, "Ah, you're looking for a place to settle?" She asked, "Well, this town does have a tendency to be quite peaceful, not to mention friendly to ferals." She told him as she turned around, brushing his chest with her tail when she said the word 'friendly', "Although you might want to meet Salvatore. I know he would want to meet you before you settled here." She said.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:"I guess not many have went out in here." Flint said in a bit of a uneasy tone. He was very suprised that the bear even went to help him get back what he dropped, and even more ashamed about what he originally judged him to be. "Umm, well normally just holding them, but I guess I can't now." He said, kinda embarrassed. "I have learned to make a bag out of leaves though, but I do not think there are any healthy ones left to use."
"Leaves you say..?", Salvatore wondered. He looked around once again but he only saw a piece of litter flying towards them with the wind. "Could you get that?", he asked the squirrel while pointing to the stray sheet of paper with his eyes.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint looked into the direction in which the paper was breezing toward them, still low to the ground, but as it came closer, the wind started to pick up a bit, sending the paper higher into the air, just out of Flint's reach. Flint only had one chance before it would pass him. Flint stuck the stick into the snow, straight, and tried his best to quickly climb up it with his injuries. As the paper was passing, Flint made a single swipe at it with his claws out and luckily captured the stray paper, but unfortunately the sudden movement of his knocked the stick of balance and sent him face first into the snow. Flint stuck his paw up and proudly said "Got it!" with a muffled voice through the snow.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore walked to the squirrel, taking caution not to spill the acorns he was carrying. I thought I told them no flyers..., recalling his conversation with the organizers of the Sunday Market. Suddenly, a though flashed into his mind. "Mr. Squirrel, do you think you can use strips of that to make your basket?", referring to the paper in the squirrel's hand.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

"Nice to meet you Souji. Welcome to Verde Grove, i am Leon." Leon said to Souji once he had a chance and he held out his paw for him to shake.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint flipped over and examined the paper stuck to his claws. "Hehe, I guess you are right, but I am not sure if it would hold all the well. Maybe 6 tops, but I guess Anything helps at this point. What luck!" Flint began folding the paper to 8 equal strips, and carefully tore them down the line, then began tying and weaving them into one another quickly till he made a very basic little paper basket with a handle. Then he held it up as high as he could to show the large bear with a grin on his face.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore looked at the basked carefully, admiring the handiwork from such basic materials, "That's a very nice basket there Mr. Sq--", he paused mid-sentence to clear his throat, "Pardon me, but I realized we never introduced ourselves yet. My Name is Salvatore, Salvatore Arctos.", he introduced himself, his voice sounding with authority as it became second nature to Salvatore to introduce himself in such a manner.
FlintTheSquirrel

"Ohh, umm....I'm Flint" He said in a sudden shy manner, not really as enthusiastically and proud as the bear.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore gave a concerned look to Flint tilting his head slightly, "That's a very nice name you have, nothing to be ashamed of, I would actually be just as proud to have your name as I have mine.". He shifted all of the acorns to one arm and his free hand flew behind the squirrel, softly pushing the back of his chest forwards before quickly returning to supporting the acorn pile. "Introductions are very important in talking with people. The first impression always cause a lasting effect that would determine how most of them would treat you.", he cheerily explained. "Making good impressions is crucial in making associates and acquaintances. So what do you say we try introducing ourselves again? I'm Salvatore Arctos, a resident of the quiet town of Verde Grove.", this time the introduction came in a friendly approachable tone and the warm smile on his face seems to compliment his introduction as well. "Now your turn. Deep breath, chest forward and be and put the feeling you want others to feel about you into your words.".
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano ducked behind a tree as the snow flew past him. He quickly darted out from behind the tree and chucked the snowball as hard as he could towards Pierre's head, but he could easily dodge it by ducking or moving. Immediately after throwing, Cyrano grabbed more snow and ran for cover behind a nearby tree.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint really did like his name, though he just was not really as proud to be himself as the bear, having really done no accomplishments with an impact. When Salvatore softly pushed him, Flint almost lost his balance but regained it by using the stick he was given as support. When Salvatore finished with his introduction, and it was Flints turn again, he took a deep breath and tried to follow Salv's instructions. "I'm Flint, a resident of a oak in the forest." He said with a bit more enthusiasm then before and tried to put on a smile like the bear did.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"That's better.", Salvatore praised Flint for the effort, "It's hard at first but you'll get used to it with use.". He crossed his arms behind his back and smiled as he recalled compared the two introductions in his mind, "It makes you sound more dignified too.", he happily informed the squirrel. "Well then, let's get back to the matter at hand then shall we? These acorns I are what mean.", Salvatore reminded Flint just as he felt one fall off. "Do you think you can make a larger basket, one enough to carry all these if you had enough paper?", he asked hoping the answer that returns would be a yes.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint felt extremely proud from the praise as he had never had it before, partially because he never really talks to anyone, the only thing he really had to pass his time were books that he 'borrowed' from the local library every now and again. But he immediately switched to a bit of confusion. "Dignified? What is that?" Flint asked, not having seen/learned the word from any book he has read.
Hypergenesis wrote:"Do you think you can make a larger basket, one enough to carry all these if you had enough paper?"
"Umm, sure, I bet I could. Might take maybe.......6 or so at these size. Do you know where we could get any?"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Two places actually. The Sunday Market, from where this paper had come from, and my home.", Salvatore invited Flint, I'm sure I have a few stacks of unimportant documents just lying around.. Salvatore took one step forward, "How about we walk while you decide, both places can be reached by walking this path anyway.", he asked as he took another step forward.
FlintTheSquirrel

"Are they deep in the town?" Flint asked very hesitantly, almost starting to back away. "I don't think I can go there." Flint proclaimed, lowering his ears.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"And so we leave the foxes and see if we can find other interesting animals to observe," said Ethyl, turning her camera to Cyrano and her brother.

Pierre did duck, then ran behind the tree to tackle glomp Cyrano.

"HA HA HA HEE! So happy to be in the snow with friends!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Souji

Post by Souji »

ctcmjh wrote: Mina smiled, "Ah, you're looking for a place to settle?" She asked, "Well, this town does have a tendency to be quite peaceful, not to mention friendly to ferals." She told him as she turned around, brushing his chest with her tail when she said the word 'friendly', "Although you might want to meet Salvatore. I know he would want to meet you before you settled here." She said.
Souji, appreciative of Mina's advice, blushed and shrank back into himself, stuttering once more, unused to any kind of contact. "U-umm, thank you. W-W-where would I find him at this time?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Mina smiled at him, "Well, he's usually walking about the town this time of day. He's very easy to find, seeing as he's a bear in a suit." She said, "If you want, I could take you to him." She offered.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:"Are they deep in the town?" Flint asked very hesitantly, almost starting to back away. "I don't think I can go there." Flint proclaimed, lowering his ears.
"I guess we'll be going to my home then, the Sunday Market is bustling with traffic today that it might seem like it's the center of the town.", Salvatore joked with a deep laugh. "Do you think you can go up the hill at the back of the city with that limp though?", Salvatore asked, quickly remembering that he lives in a cottage with a clear overlook of the whole city.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint was very glad that he did not have to go into the city, it is the most dangerous and scary place he knows. (And you would think the same if you entered it with such a motive.) "Umm, yea I'm quite sure I can. Wait......did you mean the hill with the Fancy looking building on it? You live there?!" Flint asked in astonishment. He has seen it, never went in and never seen anyone come out though.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Fancy... Well you can say it's fancy since it's the first one here.", answered Salvatore, "The Mayor and I built it ourselves, so I'm actually really proud of it." Even if we need to hide it from view... Well, sort of just hiding it from the map.. "Since you know about it, I'm sure that you know that hill is quite steep, and the old steps that lead up to it are not as well kept as it was before.", Salvatore informed Flint, "So don't rush yourself, or you might slip."
FlintTheSquirrel

"The Mayor and you?" Flint asked a little worried, odds were that he has heard of the things Flint had done the previous year. "Ohh.....umm.....Yea, don't worry about me, I'm sure I can manage........one way or another. Lead the way."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore led the way until they arrived at a hill with old cobblestone steps leading up. "You go ahead so I can help you if you get tired.", he instructed Flint as he stepped aside to let the squirrel up first. He looked at the peaceful town, quiet as everyone was away yet the wind whistled a eerie tune. It sure is different without the people., he thought as he turned back to Flint.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint looked up the stairs, never having seen the hill from this angle. It looked so much nicer from the front then seeing the back of it. "I will be fine, don't you worry. See you at the top then." He proclaimed and then began slowly and carefully climbing the odd angled stairs using the walking stick to keep his balance which is still quite impaired. I sure do hope the old man is not in there........
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore followed Flint up the stairs, one... two.... three..., he counted in his mind for every flight of stairs they completed. four.. "Halfway there.", he said while he looked to the city from the landing they were on. He then shifted his head slightly to the left and squinted slightly and taking care not to look directly at the sun. "May I know how many times you have been up here?", asked the bear as he turned back to the squirrel.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint halted to try and remember, counting with his fingers with a loose grip on the stick. "Umm.....maybe about 6 or 7 times." Flint said, but immediately panicked and added "Rest assured, I never did anything here if that is what you are thinking." Hoping the bear was not getting suspicious of him suddenly. He tightened his grip back on the stick and began climbing slowly again, this time with his ears down, worried if the bear would somehow find out.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Salvatore looked confused at Flint, "The thought never crossed my mind. I just wanted to know if you have ever seen the view of the sunrise from here.", he said attempting to calm the squirrel. "Look, it might be a little late now so the it might be glaring but you can see how the town, being so dark at night save the streetlights that offer little to calm the darkness, slowly rise from the shadows.", he talked with great amazement in his tone. "Now I don't know why you are so nervous, but if someone has did something to you before, don't be afraid to tell me. Okay?", Salvatore offered to Flint.
Souji

Post by Souji »

ctcmjh wrote:Mina smiled at him, "Well, he's usually walking about the town this time of day. He's very easy to find, seeing as he's a bear in a suit." She said, "If you want, I could take you to him." She offered.
Souji sniffed a little bit, before wagging his tail and beaming. He was eager to have a guide. "Sure, if you won't mind at all. It would be nice to have a friend show me around." Souji hoped that with this, he would be able to meet him and hopefully talk to him about settling down in a home or Inn. Suddenly Souji froze in his tracks. "Umm... I just forgot, I don't have any money," he said, blushing in embarrassment.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Souji wrote:Souji sniffed a little bit, before wagging his tail and beaming. He was eager to have a guide. "Sure, if you won't mind at all. It would be nice to have a friend show me around." Souji hoped that with this, he would be able to meet him and hopefully talk to him about settling down in a home or Inn. Suddenly Souji froze in his tracks. "Umm... I just forgot, I don't have any money," he said, blushing in embarrassment.
Mina smiled, "Of course I don't mind. I'm the one who offered, wasn't I?" She asked. She smiled, "Don't worry about that, cutie. Sally is usually pretty easy to negotiate with. I'm sure he'll let you stay here." She said as she walked up to him and smiled, "I hope you get to stay here. It'd be nice to have another fox around. Aside from Brill, of course."
FlintTheSquirrel

Hypergenesis wrote:Salvatore looked confused at Flint, "The thought never crossed my mind. I just wanted to know if you have ever seen the view of the sunrise from here.", he said attempting to calm the squirrel. "Look, it might be a little late now so the it might be glaring but you can see how the town, being so dark at night save the streetlights that offer little to calm the darkness, slowly rise from the shadows.", he talked with great amazement in his tone. "Now I don't know why you are so nervous, but if someone has did something to you before, don't be afraid to tell me. Okay?", Salvatore offered to Flint.
Flint turned around after having gotten higher and looked back at the town, avoiding looking into the sun. It was quite difficult to see anything spectacular about it when one could hardly see it in the first place though. "Yea, it is quite a great view." Flint lied but then exclaimed. "I have never seen it at sunrise though, I sure do hope I can some day." Flint was about to continue up but then froze when Salvatore asked a bit of a unsettling question. "No, it is nothing at all." Flint stated, this time without the curtsy to turn around and continued back up. I am sorry Mr. Bear, I do hope he does not get mad at me for that. He thought to himself.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Souji wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:Mina smiled at him, "Well, he's usually walking about the town this time of day. He's very easy to find, seeing as he's a bear in a suit." She said, "If you want, I could take you to him." She offered.
Souji sniffed a little bit, before wagging his tail and beaming. He was eager to have a guide. "Sure, if you won't mind at all. It would be nice to have a friend show me around." Souji hoped that with this, he would be able to meet him and hopefully talk to him about settling down in a home or Inn. Suddenly Souji froze in his tracks. "Umm... I just forgot, I don't have any money," he said, blushing in embarrassment.
"Short for money Souji? I could give you some, don't need to give any back, just think of it as a "friend request" Leon asked then saying "Always good to have more than one friend, mate." He said smiling to Souji.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

The bear simply flashed a smile to the squirrel as he followed him up again, "I understand."

A few more minutes of silent ascent later, the two arrived at top of the hill. A large part of this summit was considerably flat around a very unusual structure with large slanted glass panes facing east, towards the rising sun. Some of its walls were of large stones held together by mortar, while others seemed to be constructed from adobe. With the house was a small fenced hobby garden though nothing was growing out of the white powdered ground.

Salvatore looked for something in his pockets dropping a few acorns as he shuffled through it. He soon took out a key and unlocked the door, quickly replacing the key back in his pockets before entering the strange structure, "Come on in.", he said as he held the door open for Flint.