Pet Friendly: Verde Grove OoC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Pet Friendly: Verde Grove OoC

Post by Hypergenesis »

Welcome to the Verde Grove Out of Character Discussion thread.
  • Guest list
  • Empty
For Local Rules that does not apply to all Pet Friendly Neighbeorhoods. I wrote: 13 Available Main Character Slots - This does not mean we are limited to 13 characters. We'll be using a penalty system in which every character overflow will need an additional approval from a player in the RP based on the overflow level, i.e. 14th character would need 1 additional approval, 15th would need 2 and so on.

Maximum of 2 Main Characters per Player - Because I would like to request players to update their character's profiles with the course of the RP. Changes to the SPECIAL stat can only be done during long timeskips and would need approval and a good reason. I just character development.

Posting speed - I would like to avoid the "A follows B" type posts that comes when a group moves too fast for the other RPers in the group, but I wouldn't like it either if the posting limit stops the posting from an active group. So let's just set the posting speed to 'Polite', wait for others to respond before continuing on. You can take minimal control of another's character if they fail to respond within 36 hours AFTER you notified them and you desperately need to move on. Players going on short vacation may "lend" their characters to someone, just post the request here in the OoC. You may also request your character to be "untouched" the same way.

This is a Weighted Democracy - The GM has a voice equal to half the RP population rounded up. If I make any decisions that would displease the majority, let me know or just veto it. I'll even appreciate it if you do so.

On Special Cases this is a Dictatorship - I'm talking about non-normal events like magic, time travel, space travel and visits from a thirteen-tailed fox. The GM has a voice equivalent to "RP population ÷ 0" in these cases.

Listen to Others - If someone has a problem with something you do, be reasonable. Considering how small the town is, people will probably know each other. Go along with “stories from the past” they tell. I’d like this to be a democracy, but I’m not against being a dictator if I must. (Quoted from the original VG GM)

There's an Open Chatroom called the IRC - It's quick, it's efficient and a surprising number of our population don't know about it. I'm usually on around 6PM - 11PM (GMT +8) so do drop by and say hello. You can also use it for conversational posts, discussions and "How's the weather".For those who don't know about the IRC you can read more here. Our channel is #VerdeGrove on the Gamesurge network.

I Demand Dedication!!! - I'm not against anyone entering VG for a practice in RPing, but if this is what you're planning then please indicate that your character is a Practice Character. I will not add you to the Main Character roster but to our guest list instead. You may opt to have your character moved to the Main Character roster at anytime if you find the dedication but you will still have to undergo the penalty system if the RP is full when you decide to settle in.

Take Notice of Your OoC - If someone addresses you, be sure to respond. I will not be so strict with the IRC but repeatedly neglecting the OoC might force me to take some form of action. Remember that we are a community roleplay and not an author writing a novel on a deserted island.
For a step-by-step joining process, I wrote: 1. Post your character sheet in the Main OoC
2. Link your post to the character sheet in your application post here.
3. Receive a nitpicky critique from one or more VG player(s) and explain yourself if ever you don't want to change a part that receives a negative criticism.
4. Await for confirmations with respect to our penalty system.
For Verde Grove's Canon, I wrote:
LucidDarkness wrote: - Pets are treated like sub-humans… They are treated decently enough, but are not really respected. Pets can be paid for jobs (though at reduced wages), and are often allowed to eat “people food”… This may vary based on pet-owner.
-All pets have rights. Whether or not their fully respected or not depends on the open-mindedness of the human. However, there really aren’t any set laws for pets, other than preventing animal abuse. Animals accused of crimes are typically at the mercy of the local judge, who happens to be pretty open-minded and fair when it comes to Pet vs. Person.
- Considering VerdeGrove is such a small community, there are no leash or collar laws. However, animals without a collar tend to be viewed as feral.
- Wild animals are treated as pets without an owner, though most people of the village tend to be rather leery and distrusting of them.
- Owners don’t have a certain way they are required to act. Personality and values vary from person to person, and thus shall it be here.
- VerdeGrove is a small place, so most everyone knows everyone else. Though, despite its size and shelteredness from the world, it isn’t a hick town. Just peaceful.
- There is currently a "Gun Ban" in Verde Grove which means no one in Verde is allowed to carry firearms. You may have some at home but it is strictly for self-defense purposes only. Law enforcers carry stunlights, police batons and bear horns.
- It does not take much to live in Verde Grove as prices and taxes are low.
- Bartering, Produce Sharing, and Equity Service is common practice within the neighborhood and money in Verde Grove is just another means of trading, and usually it's the retailers and exporters that ends up holding the majority of money since they deal with parties outside of the neighborhood.

( Additional Canon Materials may be added/subtracted as the RP progresses )
For Extra Notes and Concerns, I wrote:
Housing - Houses in Verde Grove range from little straw huts to three storey brick homes. Larger or stranger houses are usually built deep inside the forest as people in Verde tends to look down at things out of the ordinary. Also, the local government protects the welfare of the local carpenters and architects who prefer the use of wood and bricks over concrete.

For players who like details, you may put a floor plan of your character's home, and for those who likes even more details, you may draw the exterior and facade of that home as well. This will be very helpful when other characters visits your house and should promote healthier posts.
Stores and stalls - For those who wants to open a store, please make a simple floor plan of the establishment and give the range of products carried. Pricing the goods is not necessary, though appreciated. Do know that there are no supermarkets or department stores in Verde Grove so be careful in what yous stock in your stores. The size of your store would determine how much you can stock. Stores usually have a monopoly of their market and events with them could affect the conditions of the town.

Stalls have less restrictions but will also carry less goods than stores. A permit needs to be secured to run a stall and they usually last for a week at most. The Sunday Market at the community center is a congregation of stalls where various items can be bought.
LucidDarkness wrote:Concerning the Canon - So if you didn't understand the Canon, simply put, the owners treat their pets like humans with a bit less respect. Think of it like the Civil Rights Movement, but not as offensive. Humans in general vary on how they treat their pets. If you still don’t understand, ask. I’ll be more than happy to provide an answer.
Your Character - While this is not a decree, I would prefer that pet characters be long time residents of Verde Grove while a knowledge of the surrounding wilderness is preferred for wild animals. Please clearly note if your character is coming from OUTSIDE of Verde Grove. I would assume that by not saying it as not having it and I would judge your character as though he/she is living in Verde Grove in the absence of a CLEAR notice that they will be moving in.
LucidDarkness wrote:Pet Activities - I honestly don’t care what you do as a pet (WITHIN REASON)! It’s a small town so you have to do something to occupy your time. Just remember there isn’t an abundance of technology around. Cell phones even aren’t all that common, and videogame systems typically mean you’re pretty financially well off! Try to go outside. There’s lots of woods to explore.
Bartering, Produce Sharing and Equity Service - Bartering is basically the trading of a good for another good. Produce Sharing is usually done between farmers where they share their harvests with those that help. Equity Service is like doing something for someone in hopes of being remunerated in the future. These are some of the more "primitive" forms of trading before money arrived, lost with modernization though preserved in some of the more detached locations like Verde Grove.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:33 am, edited 16 times in total.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Hypergenesis

Indices

Post by Hypergenesis »

Arcs
What? Nothing yet? D:
Animals with heightened status
(1/1) Closet Rich - Self-Explanatory
(1/1) Official - You have the power to change rules.
(1/3) Food Supplier - Your perseverance determines if there would be food on the plate
(1/2) Scholar - Your strange actions are more easily pardoned.
(0/1) Villain - You fiend. (Available for non-main characters only)

More will be added by request. You can PM me about why you should have a heightened status.
NPC List Just friendly (well, most of the time) neighborhood characters that drop by to lead characters to other characters.
Name: Hermes
Species: Border Collie
Job: Courier/Maildog.
Notes: Is silly.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hypergenesis

Current Happenings

Post by Hypergenesis »

Who's What Where
Truly strange endpoint summaries.

Salvatore Arctos - Walking in town with Flint.
Flint - Walking in town with Salvatore.
Souji Seta - Tripped by an old gentleman.
Brill Hourder - Is battling the children in a snowball war.
Asher "Ash" Adams - Is battling the children in a snowball war.
Mina Reed - Has just escaped from the snowball fight, is wet. Greeted by a maildog with a package for her.
Cyrano - Behind a tree. Russian Blue Snowcat :D (Inactive)
Pierre Tempo - Stood his ground against the snow fighters.
Ethyl Tempo - Covers the story of Pierre's battle with the neighborhood kids.
Leon Isador - Beckoning Chartreux Snowcat (Inactive)

The Weather
It's actually accurate?

It's Sunday and we have partly cloudy skies. Scattered snowfall can be expected throughout the day.
A cold front is brewing miles up North and temperatures may suddenly drop to 5.5°F.
And that has been the weather today.

♪Corny News Music Plays♫

The Green Gazatte
100% Recycled Posts.

Winter has just arrived and the price for fresh produce is already up by 20¢ with their increasing demand in the cities.

The kids of Verde Grove have began their annual Snowfort Battles, citizens are advised to be wary of snowmounds as ambushes may occur at anytime. Carrying a white surrender flag is advised while travelling through town.

The Time Channel
Is Unsurprisingly Inaccurate. . .

The time now is 9:30 AM ~ 11:00 AM
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Hypergenesis

For Something I might have forgotten

Post by Hypergenesis »

Reserved ^w ^
YingBlanc

Re: Pet Friendly: Verde Grove

Post by YingBlanc »

i shall edit what you said about leon to match your requirements.
YingBlanc wrote:
may i join?

Quote:
Name: Leon Isador
Species: Cat: Chartreux: Male
Neighborhood: Verde Grove

Appearance:
He has very very very dark brown fur which looks black with no sun on it, He has a dark Purple beret on most the time and has a backpack on most the time. he wears a very messy open top t-shirt and on his collar he has a tag of a paintbrush.

History and Personality:
Leon was raised well by his owner since they both moved here from the Alps, he can speak English well even though his owner can't speak it as well as him. He took an interest into art and sculpturing after a Museum trip with his owner and since then he has been training his painting skills, all of his best work is dotted around his house but because he does work with paint he wears a rather messy shirt to keep the paint off which spares time to do what he wants instead of spending that time washing the paint off his fur. He carry's around an Easel, Paint and Chalk in his backpack.

He is very easy to talk to but he can sometimes but not much be annoying but he is a very good friend to those he befriends and even those who he makes enemies out of, he is the type of person to wave away an insult like it never happened. He isn't looking for anybody since he has somebody back in France that he is writing to (much cheaper i think) to. He hopes to one day start to publish his art work but he doesn't want to become famous since he thinks that being famous will just bring on haters and fan clubs. He isn't really scared of anything that is an object and proven, like everybody he has a fear of the supernatural but it is stronger than most people's fear.

Other Notes:
-he has multiple paint brush tags of different colours depending on his emotions in the morning.
-he is teaching his owner English bit by bit starting long before the move (so his owner can still be part of the community) but as of now they communicate in French

SPECIAL

S - 5
P - 8
E - 6
C - 6
I - 6
A - 6
L - 5

Using Colour #4080BF[/color]
> Do note that money in Verde is more of a medium for trading everyday items, and bartering is not uncommon in Verde. Services are rare and there are no malls and while there is a bank, it's not as flourishing as the banks we have here. Money will not help you a lot with problem solving in Verde, though it does fill your stomach and keep a roof above your head.
i should say he's not in it for the money but more for knowing that his artwork is hanging up somewhere being admired.
is this ok now?
Last edited by YingBlanc on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Hypergenesis

Re: Pet Friendly: Verde Grove

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zalgo wrote: -Name-
Gray Savage

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Husky Shepperd Mix

-Age-
21 Pet years, 6 Human

-Neighborhood-
Anywhere will do once again. I'm not picky.

-Appearance-
Is this concise enough?

-Personality-
Gray is a strong leader, who knows what to do in an emergency situation. He doesn't' draw attention to himself, but will make his presence known if it seems like no ones noticed him. He's calm, but can get easily excited sometimes if the conversation goes to a topic he's fond of. He's laid back, and can easily go from a leading position to a laid back follower; go-with the flow, type of thinking. He's precise in anything he does, making sure he knows how to do it properly before he tries. He'll also think out his sentences before he says them, liking to make sure he doesn't offend anyone if the topic is sensitive. He doesn't like fighting, and will often place himself between two arguing parties to act a medium.

-Other Notes-
He has a fondness for beanies, having a different one for everyday of the week ranging in a variety of colors. He even has one for parties, which has small streamers on it. His collar is black, with a silver tag that looks like a sled. He was the head of a dog sled team in Alaska before his family moved. They've never made it in first place, but have had 3rd a couple times, and even got 2nd once or twice. He also keeps a small survival guide on him, claiming it's for those "Never saw this coming" moments.

-SPECIAL-
S: 7 "Gotta pull some weight around here!"
P: 5 "Ah, I understand."
E: 10 "Hm, three hours isn't a long enough run... think I'll head out again."
C: 8 "Hey everyone! How's it going?"
I: 5 "I like a book every now and then."
A: 5 "I'm more a straight line kind of guy..."
L: 2 "Hm.. maybe next time."
"He doesn't like fighting, and will often place himself between two arguing parties to act a medium." + Luck: 2
> I take his 10 Endurance is from getting all those stray punches/bites/claws? ^w ^. I'm just concerned if you are sure with the Luck 2 though, this would make him fail at almost anything he tries like for example: "Gray throws a baseball to the other dog but a strong wind blew against him and the ball smacked Gray in the face.". Of course this is an extreme situation but with my understanding of the SPECIAL stats, it follows a parabolic graph and low stats can be quite extreme.
>> Seriously however, his endurance is from being a sled dog. True?

"He also keeps a small survival guide on him, claiming it's for those "Never saw this coming" moments." + Luck: 2
> I believe he had plenty of those moments. |3

You'll need a color too. Preferably one that is quite easily read not just seen. |3

I commend you in the consistency of your story with your stats ( ^ w^) b

xhunterko wrote:Name: Rev Su Fla
"Please don't call me reverend, sir, or ma'am. Or whichever you prefer."

Species: Siamese
"No, I'm not evil. That Disney movie ruined it for our kind. Uh, you like movies?"

"All right, I guess once more go at the arcades wouldn't hurt. Anybody want to dance?"

Accessories/Appearance: His coat is a fine splash of orange and yellow, and white. His face color is mostly orange. His tail color is mostly white with yellow splotches. There is a brown tip at the end of his tail. He is often not seen without a pair of circular, silver lined sun glasses on his eyes or head. He often likes to wear a belt with a real, metal, practice fencing sword attached to it. Though no one has seen him use it, they often get the impression that they'd rather not. His collar is green, with a pair of tiny fuzzy dice dangling from it. He also wears a fedora.

Personality: Although he is rather shy, he does want to make some new friends, but doesn't like a big crowd. He is also a rather generous, wealthy individual. He own's a chain of nerd centered stores called La' Fare. He also has a system for helping out needy individuals known as the post-it. He is often mis-judged by his wealth and has been trying to over come that by dressing plainly.

The post-it system: Works like so, go in his store, pull a book from the shelf. Then sit in a chair and read it for a while. Then scribble a request on a post it note and stick it in the shelf where you got the book from. During closing, Rev, or a clerk, will go through the store cleaning. If a note or notes are seen, they are collected and given to Rev. If Rev can't decide on a specific case, he'll roll a pair of dice to decide. He then tosses the rest of the notes, and waits for the next days requests. Persistance and need is more likely to get picked.

SPECIAL
Strength - 4
"I can't lift the really heavy books, so I lay them on a table like so, see?"
Perception - 5
"Okay, what's going on again? You put what in the where now?"
Endurance - 4
"It takes me literally all day to go through my shop. It's how far again?"
Charsima - 6
"Oh, h-hello it's nice to see someone new. Though I am really busy and I don't have much time for you."
Intelligence - 10
"You've got to know a lot to run a good business."
Agility - 4
*thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-creeeeeek* "Clean up on aisle 5! I knocked the shelves over again!"
Luck - 9
"Sweet! We made double our projection for the day again! Yes! Yes! *does happy dance*"

Text color: #BF0000

Store: The store is the size of an average mall partition. It is a 5 story building with the fifth floor being used as a studio apartment by the Fla family. It is a fairly new store and just had it's grand opening a week ago. The stores departments are divided as such.
1st floor: Books/Coffee shop.
2nd floor: Music/Movies
3rd floor: Comics/Manga/Figurines/Collectibles
4th floor: Video games
5th floor: Family apartment

Residence: Other then the studio apartment, the Flas currently have no other home. However, they are building a rather upscale log cabin out in the woods into which they will move in once it is finished.

I might just post every once in a while. And often enough if Rev is in something and to keep things moving. If that's all right.
= w=...

Inconsistency: "Although he is rather shy..." & his Appearance and Accessories.
> I don't see how he could be shy. Usually those who stray from the normality of appearances are very proud of how they look. I might change my mind on this depending on how you define "shy" though.

"He is also a rather generous, wealthy individual. He own's a chain of nerd centered stores called La' Fare"
> Pets are like sub-humans in Verde Grove, they can have jobs, but they can't own businesses. Wealthy pets just means wealthy owners, they can be spoiled, given large allowances or driven from point-to-point, but that's just the thing I'm almost NOT allowing into Verde Grove. It is a rustic city branching out from a highway, the type of city you go out to and smell the fresh air, to see the beauty nature, to get away from the worries of cops and robbers and experience the fear of wolves and bears. This is no place for a rich person unless they are retiring to a simple life.
Also, Wealthy = Rich and I'm not very nice when it comes to rich.

The post-it system.
> I like the idea and I wouldn't mind it if only:
1. He was less rich and would actually be making up some ingenious way of solving the problems. He has 10 stats in Intelligence, he should be able to find solutions easily with that.
2. You have better stats in Agility, Strength and Endurance, they're all below average. What are you helping?
3. I knew what these problems are. I'm not going to put a genie in a pot into Verde Grove.
4. Verde Grove needs a Batman.

"He is often mis-judged by his wealth and has been trying to over come that by dressing plainly."
> But didn't you just say...
"He is often not seen without a pair of circular, silver lined sun glasses on his eyes or head. He often likes to wear a belt with a real, metal, practice fencing sword attached to it."
"He also wears a fedora."
> Ehhhhh. . . no.

"The store is the size of an average mall partition. It is a 5 story building"
> No. Malls or any tall establishments does not fit very well into the neighborhood. If you want a store like this then you have to lower your floor count by either shrinking your stock size or expanding your floor area, but the second option might make your building too big and I'll jump on that as well.
>> Or you can give me what you mean by "average", I'll decide if I will or will not allow a construction of that height depending on the lot size. Judging by the contents however, I'm already falling in to the Pit of No again.

"1st floor: Books/Coffee shop."
> I'm not going to say that the people of Verde Grove don't have the time to sit around and sip their coffee but I highly doubt they would spend eight times the price of what they could easily prepare at home.

"2nd floor: Music/Movies"
> I do miss the generations of tapes, though why do I get the strange vibe that I'm missing something?

"3rd floor: Comics/Manga/Figurines/Collectibles"
> Errrr... Okay?

"4th floor: Video games"
> No. We need interactions not mindless zombies like IRL.

"However, they are building a rather upscale log cabin out in the woods into which they will move in once it is finished."
> RICH!!!

May I just ask though?
> What should I call you then? > .>

"Species: Siamese"
Cat? I'm not really sure what Siamese this is.

*looks up* Uhhh. . . Right, don't take any of my comments the wrong way but Rev is just too Bruce Wayne for Verde as of now.
YingBlanc wrote:i shall edit what you said about leon to match your requirements.
YingBlanc wrote:
may i join?

Quote:
Name: Leon Isador
Species: Cat: Chartreux: Male

Appearance:
He has very very very dark brown fur which looks black with no sun on it, He has a dark Purple beret on most the time and has a backpack on most the time. he wears a very messy open top t-shirt and on his collar he has a tag of a paintbrush.

History and Personality:
Leon was raised well by his owner since they both moved here from the Alps, he can speak English well even though his owner can't speak it as well as him. He took an interest into art and sculpturing after a Museum trip with his owner and since then he has been training his painting skills, all of his best work is dotted around his house but because he does work with paint he wears a rather messy shirt to keep the paint off which spares time to do what he wants instead of spending that time washing the paint off his fur. He carry's around an Easel, Paint and Chalk in his backpack.

He is very easy to talk to but he can sometimes but not much be annoying but he is a very good friend to those he befriends and even those who he makes enemies out of, he is the type of person to wave away an insult like it never happened. He isn't looking for anybody since he has somebody back in France that he is writing to (much cheaper i think) to. He hopes to one day start to publish his art work but he doesn't want to become famous since he thinks that being famous will just bring on haters and fan clubs. He isn't really scared of anything that is an object and proven, like everybody he has a fear of the supernatural but it is stronger than most people's fear.

Other Notes:
-he has multiple paint brush tags of different colours depending on his emotions in the morning.
-he is teaching his owner English bit by bit starting long before the move (so his owner can still be part of the community) but as of now they communicate in French

SPECIAL

S - 5
P - 8
E - 6
C - 7
I - 6
A - 6
L - 5

Using Colour #4080BF[/color]
> Do note that money in Verde is more of a medium for trading everyday items, and bartering is not uncommon in Verde. Services are rare and there are no malls and while there is a bank, it's not as flourishing as the banks we have here. Money will not help you a lot with problem solving in Verde, though it does fill your stomach and keep a roof above your head.
i should say he's not in it for the money but more for knowing that his artwork is hanging up somewhere being admired.
is this ok now?
You forgotten to address these concerns.

"He is teaching his owner English bit by bit but as of now they communicate in French"
>You mean to say his owner moved to Verde for a secluded retirement? Because unless he has a friend in Verde he would find it very hard to live in the community.
>> Is it safe for me to assume that it Leon's owner is either a very silent "smile and wave hi" type person for the moment and/or Leon is the one that's making purchases his owner needs?

Having a rich character in might unbalance the neighborhood quite a bit so I'm just taking precautions with wealth.
> I will need more information on just how wealthy Leon's master actually is before I would even considering giving my approval.

Also you have 43 stats, max is 42.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
YingBlanc

Re: Pet Friendly: Verde Grove OoC

Post by YingBlanc »

he started to teach his owner long before they came to Verde so his owner can still talk to others, just not at the same level as Leon so his English is rather slow and still sounds rather french and instead of using "it" i think the frence use masculine and feminine words like the Germans and the Spanish do so he says "him" or "her" for an object. He's that type of level. And Leon is buying his owners needs as of the moment but it's not coming out of Leon's pockets, his owner uses his money.

He's not that rich, just enough to get groceries and paint supplies. so maybe £50 or whatever that amount is in US Dollars a week or something. is that ok?

and i shall take 1 off Charisma.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

YingBlanc wrote:he started to teach his owner long before they came to Verde so his owner can still talk to others, just not at the same level as Leon so his English is rather slow and still sounds rather french and instead of using "it" i think the frence use masculine and feminine words like the Germans and the Spanish do so he says "him" or "her" for an object. He's that type of level. And Leon is buying his owners needs as of the moment but it's not coming out of Leon's pockets, his owner uses his money.

He's not that rich, just enough to get groceries and paint supplies. so maybe £50 or whatever that amount is in US Dollars a week or something. is that ok?

and i shall take 1 off Charisma.
I can't believe I'm actually saying this... Too Poor...
>If he saves 50 pounds a week ($77), that means after paying rent (if ever) taxes and utilities while excluding all other expenses. . . Then you're financial statement is safe from my criticisms.

Well, I'll give my approval then if Leon is living in a house in line with Verde's standards. Is that alright?
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

he is living in the normal pay of a Verde house + the essentials (food, water, paints and that .ect .ect.)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

44R0NM10 wrote:Gender: Male

Name: Brill Hourder

Neighbourhood: Not yet decided

Species: Silver fox

-Appearance-

Has dark silver fur around the majority of his body, although the end of his tail and the tips of his ears are white. He wears a white collar, with a silver ring tag. He found this tag awhile ago, and it sparkles when in the light.

-Personality-

Brill has a habit of overestimating himself. His ego is bigger then most as well. He’s still a friendly pet, and happy to join anything. He’d help anybody in trouble, even if it was a complete stranger. He may challenge anyone to prove his own skill. He’s no jerk though, but he can be a bit of a sore loser.

-Other-

- He has a habit of winking at people to apply what he means.
- Sometimes will address himself as “THE HOURDER”
- His owner (David Hourder) is moving into town. He's buying a small house to live in happily.

SPECIAL

STR: 8 “Haha! Nobody can beat me!”
PER: 5 “I'm not bad, but not great”
END: 5 “I can run just less then the average dog. Nothing wrong with that.”
CHA: 6 “Hey, Hey, I’m a friendly guy!”
INT: 6 “I’m about as smart as your average joe”
AGI: 7 “Wanna race? It’ll be fun, and I’ll win!”
LCK: 5 “Who needs luck? I’m all skill!”

colour: #000080

Brilliant pictrue by Zander!
Okay, I hope you guys don't mind how Brill's gonna exist very soon. Not right now, but soon. I'll keep up with the roleplay until Brill...erm, enter's Verde grove. Sorry for the inconvenience.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Name: Pierre Tempo

Species: Cat

-Appearance-
Has short, dark grayish fur, except for on his face, paws, and belly which are white. His eyes are brown. He wears a blue collar with a tag shaped like a stone arrowhead. The usual expression on his face is one of a cocked eyebrow, suggesting a demeanor of curiosity.

-Personality-
VERY "in your face". He is the sort who always wants attention--unless his curiosity has gotten the better of him, in which case NOTHING will stand between him and finding out what he's curious about. He is very bold and adventurous, and doesn't seem aware that there are such things as rules--he isn't a proper rebel because a rebel is aware that there ARE rules and conventions but disregards them on purpose. Not so with Pierre--if he knows rules and conventions exist, he's too good at pretending he doesn't. He talks loudly and will often greet you with a head-butt. He is very touchy-feely, and if he likes you he will often become fiercely territorial, as though you belong to him. He tries to get his sister to play with him but they don't like the same kinds of games, and he often sees her as a stick in the mud. He does care about her very much, though, and will protect her fiercely if he thinks anyone is threatening her.

-Other Notes-
He doesn't really remember this, but when his sister was born she was very sickly and weak, and vets didn't give her very long to live. This is largely why Pierre is so protective of her, but this is also why he is constantly seeking attention--because all the attention was focused on his sister when they were younger. In addition, there wasn't much for him to do and so he would often go off by himself, sometimes doing dangerous things--which certainly got the attention of the Tempos. He has tried catnip in the past but stopped because he didn't like the after effects. The Tempos know this and are only glad he stopped on his own because they couldn't have gotten him to stop if they'd tried, and they did try. He's not very good at making friends because too often he'll scare others away--but he also gets very clingy if he DOES find a friend, not wanting to lose such. Despite his exterior he is very insecure.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 6

Perception- 4

Endurance- 9

Charisma- 4

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 9

Luck- 5

Name: Ethyl Tempo

Species: Cat

-Appearance-
Looks similar to her brother at first glance, but side by side they look very different. Her fur, though the same color, is lighter than Pierre's except that she has stripes. She wears a pink collar with a crown-shaped tag. Her eyes are blue and her usual expression is wide eyes, suggesting trepidation. She is also shorter and scrawnier than her brother and looks almost as though she were made of Jell-O.

-Personality-
Her looks notwithstanding, she could not be more different from her brother. She is very timid by nature, and tends to keep to herself. She is also very annoyed by her brother's attempts to get her to play with him--he is too rough for her, and she ends up yelling at him a lot. This is not her usual nature, however, and she doesn't like that about herself. She doesn't dislike other pets, but gets overwhelmed easily by "type A" personalities like her brother. However, he is very protective of her and she does appreciate this about him. She is more sensible than her brother but while she cares about him she is too intimidated by him to have any real success in keeping him out of trouble.

-Other Notes-
Her shyness notwithstanding, Ethyl has less concern with making friends than her brother does. Not that she dislikes others, or dislikes being social--it just isn't on her radar screen to make friends. Her owners worry about her because of this, but she is scarcely aware of that, and wouldn't really understand even if she was aware. She spends most of her time working on projects by herself, as it makes her feel good to accomplish something without help. Her favorite possession is her video camera, and she is almost never without it--she prefers to observe things objectively rather than participate in them. Her greatest fear is getting out of control, which she usually sees when her brother pushes her too far.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4

Perception- 9

Endurance- 5

Charisma- 5

Intelligence- 8

Agility- 6

Luck- 5

PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

YingBlanc wrote:he is living in the normal pay of a Verde house + the essentials (food, water, paints and that .ect .ect.)
You're free to make your opening post after you post that profile in the Main OoC. Welcome aboard.
44R0NM10 wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:Gender: Male

Name: Brill Hourder

Neighbourhood: Not yet decided
Okay, I hope you guys don't mind how Brill's gonna exist very soon. Not right now, but soon. I'll keep up with the roleplay until Brill...erm, enter's Verde grove. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hm... LoL? :mrgreen:

No worries sir, slight oversleeping is not a grave sin. :lol:

============================================================================================
What's with all the character sheets? Does someone want a re-evaluation?

You post your character sheets here only for application. There are pretty links with your name on it on top of the page :D
No need to fear about being forgotten, I'm willing to put up a retirement list should we need one, no one's going to be forgotten.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

I had posted this in the old OOC before it was locked.

Here, should work now.

I'm just looking for an RP, and I'll fill any holes my character has with what the neighborhood is based around.

And the biggest thing to know about Gray; concerning the GM's posting above, is that he is from out of town. He's moving in from Alaska. I mean, if that's okay. I'd rather not change his background though...
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Okay, maybe a bit overdressed but if you don't mind can I keep the fedora at least? Okay, on to the nitpicks, (sheesh quite a lot more then I thought).
I don't see how he could be shy. Usually those who stray from the normality of appearances are very proud of how they look. I might change my mind on this depending on how you define "shy" though.
Shy to start off with, easy to get along afterwards.
Pets are like sub-humans in Verde Grove, they can have jobs, but they can't own businesses. Wealthy pets just means wealthy owners, they can be spoiled, given large allowances or driven from point-to-point, but that's just the thing I'm almost NOT allowing into Verde Grove. It is a rustic city branching out from a highway, the type of city you go out to and smell the fresh air, to see the beauty nature, to get away from the worries of cops and robbers and experience the fear of wolves and bears. This is no place for a rich person unless they are retiring to a simple life.
I thought that new store with studio apartment meant that they were moving in and didn't know the norms of the new culture. So, yes, they are moving into Verde Grove from outside. I thought the new cabin also means that they intend on living close to town and actually staying there. A small, out of the way village is perfect for people who don't like drawing a whole lot of attention. The reasons you give are precisely why they moved. And because they're not directly from Verde Grove, he is more or less treated with a lot more respect from his owners (think something like Res). The change of attitude will be mostly a shock to them, and him.
The post-it system.
1. He was less rich and would actually be making up some ingenious way of solving the problems. He has 10 stats in Intelligence, he should be able to find solutions easily with that.
2. You have better stats in Agility, Strength and Endurance, they're all below average. What are you helping?
3. I knew what these problems are. I'm not going to put a genie in a pot into Verde Grove.
4. Verde Grove needs a Batman.
1. If other problems other then financial come across, I'm sure he wouldn't have an idea handy.
2. What do you mean? If you mean that he won't do anything by himself, he probably could.
3. *draws a blank* What? Oh. *scratches head* Everything was intended to be handled secretly. And the post it system isn't widely known or mistrusted. He also can't provide for everyone or the resources would quickly go out I guess. Perhaps more like a lottery once a month would work better?
4. Ah ha, ah ha ha...Wait, didn't you just say:
to get away from the worries of cops and robbers
Why would there be a need for a "batman" then?
"He is often mis-judged by his wealth and has been trying to over come that by dressing plainly."
"He is often not seen without a pair of circular, silver lined sun glasses on his eyes or head. He often likes to wear a belt with a real, metal, practice fencing sword attached to it."
> Ehhhhh. . . no.
Just a fedora and glasses then? Perhaps you should see his owners (cough jk cough).
> No. Malls or any tall establishments does not fit very well into the neighborhood. If you want a store like this then you have to lower your floor count by either shrinking your stock size or expanding your floor area, but the second option might make your building too big and I'll jump on that as well.
>> Or you can give me what you mean by "average", I'll decide if I will or will not allow a construction of that height depending on the lot size. Judging by the contents however, I'm already falling in to the Pit of No again.
If you want, I can shrink it down by three stories.
Perhaps, this size with a third floor, made of the same material:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 0ORnOoFm6A
> I'm not going to say that the people of Verde Grove don't have the time to sit around and sip their coffee but I highly doubt they would spend eight times the price of what they could easily prepare at home.
True, and after looking at your concerns, would it be possible to place the store a half-mile outside of town on the highway? Now that you mention it, it does seem more of a place that travellers would go to more then the locals would.
> I do miss the generations of tapes, though why do I get the strange vibe that I'm missing something?
Most book stores now a days have a section dedicated to this. I know one that does close to where I live. I can have a used videos shelf.
> Errrr... Okay?
*blinks again* These are so cool to walk through sometimes! I can shuffle this floor into the second floor.
"4th floor: Video games"
> No. We need interactions not mindless zombies like IRL.
Cutting this is absolutely no problem.
"However, they are building a rather upscale log cabin out in the woods into which they will move in once it is finished."
> RICH!!!
There didn't seem any rules against the wealthy in the original Verde Grove, so I made the lifestyle choice from there. I thought, this way, they can be the resident freindly, well meaning invite everyone for parties freinds with the community sort of wealthy folks. I was thinking along the lines of this:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/log ... kits-1.jpg
What's wrong with just Rev?
I thought everyone knew what a Siamese was just by the name. Yes, Siamese cat then.

Waiting to see what you think about my response.
(hopefully I didn't go over the line anywhere :? )
Zander

Post by Zander »

When i had Cyrano talk to Pierre, this isn't exactly what i expected. xD

i guess i'm so used to the boring "Oh hey!" response that this hit me by surprise.:3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zalgo wrote:I had posted this in the old OOC before it was locked.

Here, should work now.

I'm just looking for an RP, and I'll fill any holes my character has with what the neighborhood is based around.

And the biggest thing to know about Gray; concerning the GM's posting above, is that he is from out of town. He's moving in from Alaska. I mean, if that's okay. I'd rather not change his background though...
Well my comments were more on just with the Luck stat since I'm new here and you're new here, but basically I treat Luck as the autonomy of events around your character. If a pot falls off from a window, chances are it will hit Gray if it's able to. While most people would forget about this attribute, and I hope I won't, I trust you would stick to it and give your character a miserable time with his attempts that would require luck, i.e.:
1. Selling, you have enough charisma to overcome the low luck but it will still be met with low volume.
2. Trading, same as above but you won't get very good deals. (Example, an eggplant would get you a carrot, but others might get a diamond ring a bundle of carrots.)
3. Befriending, he might meet a lot of people while they're in a bad mood.
4. Competitions, judges might hold a bias against him.
Just a few possibilities, but I hope I sent the message.

Since he's moving in from Alaska, you're bound to a fixed standard home (straw hut to 3 story brick house). Also you can't just call out other's names unless they introduce themselves. People in the Neighborhood will be hospitable not family-friendly to your character's family.

As in my previous comment to you, you need a color before I accept you into the neighborhood. Nothing is wrong with your character, I'm just concerned about Luck. Post the color you wish to use and you're free to make your opening post. Your character was already accepted ever since the last comment I had with you.

xhunterko wrote:Okay, maybe a bit overdressed but if you don't mind can I keep the fedora at least? Okay, on to the nitpicks, (sheesh quite a lot more then I thought).
I don't see how he could be shy. Usually those who stray from the normality of appearances are very proud of how they look. I might change my mind on this depending on how you define "shy" though.
Shy to start off with, easy to get along afterwards.
I told you to define shy. For example, "He doesn't talk to people much and will run away when approached, but can be easily talked to while in the company of friends."

Define it that way.
xhunterko wrote:
Pets are like sub-humans in Verde Grove, they can have jobs, but they can't own businesses. Wealthy pets just means wealthy owners, they can be spoiled, given large allowances or driven from point-to-point, but that's just the thing I'm almost NOT allowing into Verde Grove. It is a rustic city branching out from a highway, the type of city you go out to and smell the fresh air, to see the beauty nature, to get away from the worries of cops and robbers and experience the fear of wolves and bears. This is no place for a rich person unless they are retiring to a simple life.
I thought that new store with studio apartment meant that they were moving in and didn't know the norms of the new culture. So, yes, they are moving into Verde Grove from outside. I thought the new cabin also means that they intend on living close to town and actually staying there. A small, out of the way village is perfect for people who don't like drawing a whole lot of attention. The reasons you give are precisely why they moved. And because they're not directly from Verde Grove, he is more or less treated with a lot more respect from his owners (think something like Res). The change of attitude will be mostly a shock to them, and him.
You don't paradrop a house into a community... They would need to secure a building permit, give plans and employ builders. How could they not know the culture? Ψ(O AO)Ψ

Uh... No. You said that, "However, they are building a rather upscale log cabin out in the woods into which they will move in once it is finished."
It's out in the woods, even the store is closer.

I don't have a problems with their reason but he gets treated with a lot more respect from his owners?
> Did you mean he is treated by his owners with a lot more respect, in reference to the other residents of the neighborhood? In reference to his previous neighborhood?
> Or are you saying he is more respected than his owners?

What do you mean by change of attitude?
xhunterko wrote:
The post-it system.
1. IF ONLY He was less rich and would actually be making up some ingenious way of solving the problems. He has 10 stats in Intelligence, he should be able to find solutions easily with that.
2. IF ONLY You have better stats in Agility, Strength and Endurance, they're all below average. What are you helping?
3. IF ONLY I knew what these problems are. I'm not going to put a genie in a pot into Verde Grove.
4. IF ONLY Verde Grove needs a Batman.
1. If other problems other then financial come across, I'm sure he wouldn't have an idea handy.
2. What do you mean? If you mean that he won't do anything by himself, he probably could.
3. *draws a blank* What? Oh. *scratches head* Everything was intended to be handled secretly. And the post it system isn't widely known or mistrusted. He also can't provide for everyone or the resources would quickly go out I guess. Perhaps more like a lottery once a month would work better?
4. Ah ha, ah ha ha...Wait, didn't you just say:
to get away from the worries of cops and robbers
Why would there be a need for a "batman" then?
If only... Get it?
xhunterko wrote:
> Ehhhhh. . . no.
Just a fedora and glasses then? Perhaps you should see his owners (cough jk cough).
That's fine by me, I was just pointing out a contradiction.
xhunterko wrote:
If you want, I can shrink it down by three stories.
Perhaps, this size with a third floor, made of the same material:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 0ORnOoFm6A
That is acceptable but I will need to know what's in the store still.
xhunterko wrote:
Most book stores nowadays have a section dedicated to this. I know one that does close to where I live. I can have a used videos shelf.
I was actually asking if you are going to sell CDs or tapes. The strange vibe was that I didn't know if Verde has CD players or VCRs.
xhunterko wrote:
> Errrr... Okay?
*blinks again* These are so cool to walk through sometimes! I can shuffle this floor into the second floor.
But then no one is buying it because no one is interested in Comics/Manga/Figurines. Oh there are kids.. But they might be busy learning the family business most of the time. The parents themselves might not even approve of these foreign artifacts.

Collectibles like? Printed bottle caps? NO.

Why not just put in supplies? Pens, Brushes, Inks, Stationary, Paper... They have a larger market in Verde.

xhunterko wrote:
> RICH!!!
There didn't seem any rules against the wealthy in the original Verde Grove, so I made the lifestyle choice from there. I thought, this way, they can be the resident freindly, well meaning invite everyone for parties freinds with the community sort of wealthy folks. I was thinking along the lines of this:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/log ... kits-1.jpg
Meschenitz now wrote:canon - No Rich Families.
Don't mind that silly fox.

Like I said, I'm not against rich families or anything, but your wealth level is like putting an Oasis Tower in Verde Grove.
1. Giving Away Money - I am surprised.
2. Moved in from Another Place - And you're already building a log cabin out in the woods? Just how liquid are your funds? I wouldn't mind it so much if they invested a lot in supplies but having a large amount of ready money is not something I will just accept into Verde Grove.

I truly prefer players to find solutions with their imaginations, the capability of their characters and interactions. Having Money, Magic or Technology will ruin the basic relaxed roleplay that is Verde Grove, at least for me, such that I deem NO ONE is responsible enough to have them.

Shrink your wealth or I'll never give my approval.
xhunterko wrote:
What's wrong with just Rev?
xhunterko wrote:
I thought everyone knew what a Siamese was just by the name. Yes, Siamese cat then.
It is nitpicking. Siamese.. Twins?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:When i had Cyrano talk to Pierre, this isn't exactly what i expected. xD

i guess i'm so used to the boring "Oh hey!" response that this hit me by surprise.:3
You didn't read my bio, DID you? :P :lol:
PF chars

--Phoenix

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Um, now that I think about it, I'm way to busy to keep track of two role plays at a time. This was only supposed to be a side character that I'd use sparingly after all. So, um, I'll just withdraw and concentrate on the one I have. See you guys around!
Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Zander wrote:When i had Cyrano talk to Pierre, this isn't exactly what i expected. xD

i did, but when you said "All up in your face" i didn't expect this xD

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zander wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:

i did, but when you said "All up in your face" i didn't expect this xD
I'm guessing Chewy was very literal when he meant "all up in your face." :lol:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What else were you expecting, Zander...? :?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

Nothing, really. Its just that so many rp'ers that I interact with are boring, and simply say "hey" or something. ō_Ò

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Nothing, really. Its just that so many rp'ers that I interact with are boring, and simply say "hey" or something. ō_Ò
I guess I'll take that as a compliment, then.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Oh, well thank you. And yes, I know his luck is cruddy, but thanks to his attitude he doesn't really let it get to him.

I'll follow accurately the events though that would happen due to his luck however.

And my color if possible would be #800040
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay that color's available, I'll add in your character to the Opening post as soon as I get my mood to edit back XD.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Mm, I just now found what you had said about my profile previously. And with how you look at his low luck, I don't really like it. I think I'm going to change his stat, just because I don't want a character that can't have a normal life simply because of his terrible luck. With how you see it, I feel like he should be a shut in, afraid to go outside because with his 'luck' he's going to get run over the moment he steps outside, or the world will implode.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Checked it and I don't believe the modified stats is right for a sled dog, especially a lead dog.
Sled dogs are known for two things endurance and speed, but translating this to SPECIAL it affects three factors namely Strength, Endurance and Agility.
Strength which is commonly related to muscle mass and general capability is needed due to the requirement to pull heavy loads.
Endurance is needed because sledding usually cover long distances and the stamina to cover that distance is mandatory.
Agility affects both speed and coordination, both equally important to a sled dog.

Currently you have 7, 8 and 4 in Strength, Endurance and Agility respectively. I believe agility should be at least average for Gray to be able to lead a team to second or third place, but this is considering training has compensated for the lack of natural talent. Taking realism into account, having a stat below average would have made the chance of Gray being selected for the lead dog quite low.

Also, I happen to have a concern that evaded me before. . .
Sled dogs are usually a large team dogs, with replacements ready at moment's call. Was Gray part of a collaboration team? As in the one where various dog owners let their dogs particiapate as one team. Because otherwise, that's one big family.
Big HEALTHY Families usually mean Rich Families, and Rich Families = Not really "appreciated" in VG. (Well, more accurately by this GM.)
> Moving out of stereotypes, they could be a family who had invested in sledding. This reason can be used to break out of "usually".
> He could also been a former sled dog that had to retire due to injury, which would explain the low Agi.
> Or he could be an impostor impersonating to be Gray Savage. ( Please not this. :lol: )
> Another story could be one you make up yourself. Because I just did all those at a whim. ^ w^

So... :D
I guess I have to ask you to delay that opening post.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Question. Geographically, could the library be near the forest edge? With a back entrance for Employees?
Please rest assured, he returns them. And honestly he just takes whichever is closest to the door.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Well like I said, he never came in first place. I never said he was a good lead dog, just a good leader. He was most likely selected for making good judgment calls. And I've heard of Dog teams that were just thrown together from a large group of friends, where the whole team didn't belong to one person, but several. They didn't play for money, but for sport.

Also, had I known this was going to be a SPECIAL specific thread, I wouldn't have applied here. From what I read, the stats weren't an intricate part of the role plays.

They were just something to pop up every once in awhile to help explain how the character might be able to perform a certain action which doesn't come up often from what I've been reading.

I was just looking for a role play, had I known so many problems were to turn up, I might have just stuck with my old website which didn't judge every little detail and just let the user of the character explain things through the RP.

All in all, I don't think I'm interested in Verde Grove anymore. Thanks anyways.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Question. Geographically, could the library be near the forest edge? With a back entrance for Employees?
Please rest assured, he returns them. And honestly he just takes whichever is closest to the door.
Yes.
Zalgo wrote:Well like I said, he never came in first place. I never said he was a good lead dog, just a good leader. He was most likely selected for making good judgment calls. And I've heard of Dog teams that were just thrown together from a large group of friends, where the whole team didn't belong to one person, but several. They didn't play for money, but for sport.

Also, had I known this was going to be a SPECIAL specific thread, I wouldn't have applied here. From what I read, the stats weren't an intricate part of the role plays.

They were just something to pop up every once in awhile to help explain how the character might be able to perform a certain action which doesn't come up often from what I've been reading.

I was just looking for a role play, had I known so many problems were to turn up, I might have just stuck with my old website which didn't judge every little detail and just let the user of the character explain things through the RP.

All in all, I don't think I'm interested in Verde Grove anymore. Thanks anyways.
On the Second and Third Statements:
> Hm? I'm kind of baffled on what you mean by 'not intricate'. By how I see the RP, your actions SHOULD BE limited by the stats you put in. This includes actions done in the course of the roleplay AND your backstory. They pop out because some people might forget that your character can do that with the stat, OR because you want feedback if that allocation would allow you to perform such actions.

On the Fourth Statement:
> I'm sorry to disappoint you but it is my job to judge every little detail and make sure that every character that will enter are following the rules and are properly created. I never said you should explain everything, I just required you to give reasons for the large inconsistency in your backstory. Sure they never got first, but second and third is not an easy place to get by a lead that lacks an important aspect for the sport. Unless you were referring to a local competition with two to five competitors at most. I do want to give the players the freedom to play their characters as how they would, but I will not stand and let the RP get filled with holes which would never be explained. This is a roleplay, how does one expect to play a role that is incomplete? We build characters in story writing, but we develop characters in roleplaying.

On the Fifth Statement:
> Thank you too for showing interest in this neighborhood. If you ever need a mildly strict RP, I sure hope this could be one of your choices.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hey Chewy, have Pierre and Ethyl lived in Verdegrove for a while? If they have, Mina and them would have met by now.

Did we just break the continuity of the neighborhood already? Usually that happens after the sixth page. >.>
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Hey Chewy, have Pierre and Ethyl lived in Verdegrove for a while? If they have, Mina and them would have met by now.

Did we just break the continuity of the neighborhood already? Usually that happens after the sixth page. >.>
My thinking was no, which was why I was surprised that Cyrano knew them.... :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

O 3o, I always thought Pierre and Ethyl were from the neighborhood.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Hypergenesis wrote:O 3o, I always thought Pierre and Ethyl were from the neighborhood.
I guess it's a little hard for me to conceive of my characters already knowing other people's characters when I myself don't know them.... :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Uhhh, perhaps a compromise then?

For example:
Pierre and Ethyl could have stayed inside a lot because of Ethyl's former condition. Cyrano know Pierre but this is only because he had a chance interaction with Pierre (Like delivering fresh vegetables for the Tempos) and they were able to exchange a few words which fostered a friendship.

How does that sound? It's still up to you two to finalize what their history would be ( maybe even discuss it in PMs if you want it to be a secret ;3 ) but just to give Chewy more space, I'll propose a few more scenarios which could save the continuity.

1. Ethyl was confined in the hospital until recently ( a few months ) and Pierre was in the hospital with her, Cyrano could have bumped into Pierre during those times.

2. They could be neighbors ( To a degree ^w ^. Since Cyrano's family has a private farmland ), and the Tempos didn't go out much.

3. Pierre and Cyrano are penpals and had arranged to meet before.

Well just some sample scenarios. Like I said, ChewyChewy and Zander just need to talk it out between themselves.

Whatever would be chosen, would you like to continue with only Cyrano knowing Pierre?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Hypergenesis wrote:Uhhh, perhaps a compromise then?

For example:
Pierre and Ethyl could have stayed inside a lot because of Ethyl's former condition. Cyrano know Pierre but this is only because he had a chance interaction with Pierre (Like delivering fresh vegetables for the Tempos) and they were able to exchange a few words which fostered a friendship.

How does that sound? It's still up to you two to finalize what their history would be ( maybe even discuss it in PMs if you want it to be a secret ;3 ) but just to give Chewy more space, I'll propose a few more scenarios which could save the continuity.

1. Ethyl was confined in the hospital until recently ( a few months ) and Pierre was in the hospital with her, Cyrano could have bumped into Pierre during those times.

2. They could be neighbors ( To a degree ^w ^. Since Cyrano's family has a private farmland ), and the Tempos didn't go out much.

3. Pierre and Cyrano are penpals and had arranged to meet before.

Well just some sample scenarios. Like I said, ChewyChewy and Zander just need to talk it out between themselves.

Whatever would be chosen, would you like to continue with only Cyrano knowing Pierre?
One and two sound feasible, but three is out of the question because Cyrano never learned how to read or write O30

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Well, Ethyl has been out of the hospital for longer than that, but otherwise that sounds like a good compromise. :) Thanks!
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

Would it be okay to have Ash just suddenly 'come back to life' or something and talk to Pierre and Eythl and Cyrano?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Maybe a stray snowball hit him?
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hypergenesis wrote:Maybe a stray snowball hit him?
That could work.
But before I post- have Pierre and Eythl been in the neighborhood as long as Ash, and already know him, or are they new?