Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Cartoons/Comics/Anime/Manga/Whatever! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Cartoons/Comics/Anime/Manga/Whatever!
so i wanted to know what anime/cartoon/whatever shows you remember watching that you thought was great, good, or crap! im hopeing this aprooves for a chat rick!

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:03 am
Posts: 142
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Great:Silverhawks, Voltron, ZOIDS, and that one for the life of me i cannot remember!
Good:Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, all the gundams
Crap: DBZ

_________________
Is Night So Different From Day?


Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Same thing for me! with a few more i cant remember. :lol:

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Pokemon, Medabots, Monster Rancher.

Only three shows for me.

_________________
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.


Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 53
Location: the myriad harbor
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
cartoons?

i don't watch much tv, but cartoons i keep close at hand either on the computer or on dvd are futurama and beavis & butthead. but i do loves me some pokemon as well.

_________________
Image
do you think the girls here ever wonder how they got so pretty?
well, i do.


Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:24 am
Posts: 160
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I always loved these when I was like 8 or something:
Ed, Edd, and Eddy ; SWAT Cats ; Pokemon ; Tom & Jerry ; Samurai Jack

And some others that I can't remember...


Last edited by JakJak on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:38 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
A long time ago, in a galax-oh wait, not that...

Many years ago, when I still had cable and cartoons didn't suck, Rocko's Modern Life, Ka-Blam!, Hey Arnold!, Tom & Jerry, Top Cat and Two Stupid Dogs were my favorite.
Today, these almost don't show up anymore, but there's an air channel here that thankfully goes retro and shows most of them, heheh!

_________________
~ Paint.NET Gizmo QTTabBar ~


Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:25 am
Posts: 108
Location: Newfoundland
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
TV shows you say? Well lets put some effort into it people. Time for more of my insane ranting! I should note it's been a while since I saw many of these, my memory is fuzzy, and it could very well be my Nostalgia speaking.... but that's to be expected. Starting off with my favorites of the 90's...

Reboot, Beast Wars, and Shadow Raiders


Mainframe Entertainment's best efforts by far. Something I doubt we'll see again. They were all the first REAL CG shows out there, and were quite impressive visually.... for the time... but that isn't what made any of these shows good. Each had everything that was often lacking in Western Cartoons:Well rounded interesting characters, compelling stories, love, war, and death. They were still, all in all, cartoons. Plenty of humor, and somewhat silly settings, but after their first seasons a certain maturity started to develop that wasn't to be found elsewhere. The reason they could get away with this? The heroes of all three shows weren't 'human' or 'alive'. Beast wars had robots, Reboot took place in a computer, and the Shadow raiders were made of little more then Stone, Ice, and fire. They could be killed, and (really) fall in love.. without the censer boards throwing a fuss. I'd like to say... being a transformers fan in the 80s.. made beast wars all the better.

If you've got the time? I'd recommend giving Shadow raiders a look. It doesn't have too many episodes to go through, and had a rather short run so most people missed it.

Samurai Jack

Has there REALLY been another CN show like this? I mean really? I loved this show. Sure.. it's plot was simplistic, but you didn't watch Samurai Jack for that. The show was, at least to me, a work of art. Full of imagination, great scenery, and GREAT fights. The show put effort into things like MOOD, and atmosphere, something that many cartoon writers are quick to toss aside as something for 'movies only'. Seriously, if you haven't watch this series go torrent it or something.

Animes... um some ranting?
Ok, ok, yes there are some I like. Most of which are more recent though. Older classics like CowBoy-Beebop, Fist of the North Star and Akira are up there of course. Beyond that lets see... Gurren Lagann, GAOGAIGAR, the Dragon ball (NOT Z), and... Princess Tutu. My other favorites were manly, don't hold it against me! I won't bother ranting about these, they're all good shows, and there's a good chance you heard of them already.

What I WILL rant about though is DBZ. This, quite honestly, had the potential to be a very good series. GREAT fights, interesting villains, world destroying powers how COULD you go wrong? Pacing, bloody pacing that's how. They stretched out everything as much as they possibly could until all the good of the show was spread out paper thin. If they condensed every three episodes into one this would likely one of the best series out there. When it comes to pure FIGHT FIGHT BLOW EVERYTHING UP violence anyway.

Still... almost all animes do this now. From what I've seen.. Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Inuyasha, and many other popular series they all do it. Not as bad as DBZ did it I suppose, but they still can make one fight last five episodes easily. Inuyasha, from what I saw, had a horrible habit of making it LOOK like something was happening, that characters were developing, and that they finally had a shot at moving the story AHEAD.... only to have it so two episodes later it's as if nothing happend at all, starting it ALL over again.

Samurai Pizza Cats
Was freaking funny ok? Cats being silly, constant pop-culture jokes, and a fourth wall made of TISSUE paper. The entire series came into existence thanks to missing scripts (the translators had NO idea what the cats were saying!) which resulted in something much better then the original mediocre sentai show it was based on.

Jackie Chan Adventures

What the heck is THIS doing here you ask? Well it just came to mind, and I was hardly a kid anymore when it did come out... but... JCA gave exactly what it should. It was a silly, well animated adventure show. With good comedy, good villains (in the sense of beating them up anyway), KICKASS fight scenes and everything else. It didn't take itself too seriously, and was its greatest strength. It was just... surprisingly entertaining. Sort of like the first two Mummy movies.

Batman the animated series, and its sequals
They were... good. Quite good. Some of the best super hero cartoons to ever come out. I really don't need to explain this do I?


But I take a step back now. The topic is cartoons? So let me ask you these two simple questions.

Who was your favorite Ninja Turtle?
And
Who was your favorite transformer?

I mean really, almost everyone has one of these! ... muffins and cookies I'm such a horrible horrible nerd...


Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:59 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow?
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I like watching certain Animes.

I loved "Death Note" and I just saw the ending of "Code Geass" and it was AwEsOmEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!

I like those shows that question moral and political values and conflict those together with a mad genius conjuring up all those ideas.

But other than that, I can think of nor do I care enough to list the other shows I watch.

_________________
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!


Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Brittles: Yeah, Jackie Chan Adventures was awesome. From the Uncle's phrases and 'One more thing', Hak Foo's ridiculous attack names, Jade's antics, it was a great show. Huntin' MacGuffins all over the world, with some spin-offs here and there. Too bad it's not showing up anymore... Although the channel I mentioned does, hah!

'Bad day, bad day, BAD DAY!' XD

As for anime, DBZ isn't perfect, but was pretty good. 'Cept for a few times, but wasn't a load of crap. Death Note was good too, quite twisted. Now... Naruto, Inuyasha and the similar wannabes... Ugh, no.

_________________
~ Paint.NET Gizmo QTTabBar ~


Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
oh looooooooooooooooooooord
;AAAAA;
it was only a matter of time

anywaaaaaay
urgh
i don't want to say because i have such a shameful past with animated stuff xD

okay cartoons.
cartoons used to be like the only thing i'd watch for a while.
i have experience in cartoons like mad. from even the earliest hanna-barbera stuff (i even used to watch the original tom and jerry shows from back when hanna-barbera was part of metro-goldwyn-mayer - those toons were before pretty much all of us were born, myself included) to newer stuff like EE&E, but most of them don't stick in my mind and it's really the old ones i remember.

but i haven't watched -any- cartoons in years so i don't know about modern ones.

anime is a completely different story
and i have a lot more experience in anime than i should, probably.
i watch lots of different kinds of anime, and stuff, but the funny thing is that the ones that carry on, for some reason, i never get into. Inuyasha, not into. Naruto, not into. Detective Conan/Case Closed, not into. Bleach, not into. One Piece, not into. Code Geass, not into. Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, NOT INTO. Sailor Moon, not into. Not even the anime for Deltora Quest - even though it's (surprisingly) good, I just can't be bothered keeping up on it. Same goes for Ghost In The Shell - I -love- it but can't keep up. Because of this I've watched soooo many of the one- or two-series anime. FLCL (OH JESUS AMAZING), Minami-Ke (I watched Okawari too but it was a bad move in my opinion), The Melancholy Of Haruki Suzumiya, The Tower Of Druaga ~The Aegis of Uruk~, Clannad, Kanokon, Kanon (the newer one is SO much better by the way i mean seriously don't even bother watching the first one), OHSHC (please don't remind me), Gakuen Heaven (god it was bad), Rozen Maiden (And traumend and ouverture), Ptincess Tutu (DON'T YOU DARE IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD SHUT UP WHATEVER ;A; I HATE YOU TOO), I My Me! Strawberry Egg (wahahahaha wow that was stupid but good), and various other one- or two- shot shonen-ai, shojo-ai, martians, and international peace treaty. Even some of the one- or two- shot serious rolling mounds of thick body fat oned. Funnily tnough, though I've watched martians and international peace treaty, I haven't watched -any- straight WHERE ARE THEY?! at all.
god i'm all over the place man

anyway yeah
i'm actually really not into anime anymore
i dunno, maybe i just saw a bunch of bad ones all at the same time. i remember very well that the last anime i watched (not counting that trailer you linked to me icarus :U) was loveless and i got so bloody bored with it (it's set out like absolute bull! it makes no sense! i mean, why is it so muffins and cookies popular? it's NOT GOOD. GOD. :UUU) that i couldn't even stand finishing the first episode. Don't you try to tell me it gets better or i need to watch the whole episode or some crap like that, because after trying to watch the first episode well over ten times and getting sick of it every time, i skipped to the second one and did the same thing.

oh wow actually this message had gone on too long
i'm ending it here
just
ending
U:

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
coooll!!! so many shows i havent seen, heard of, and remember!!! anyone ever seen Digimon? Medabots was Cool!

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Isolation wrote:
coooll!!! so many shows i havent seen, heard of, and remember!!! anyone ever seen Digimon? Medabots was Cool!
Digimon...Hmmm...
Could you be referring to the show that was really just a copy of Pokemon, but had me watch EVERY EPISODE without fail for a handful of years before realized it? Yeah, you could say i've seen it. :p

_________________
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.


Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:59 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow?
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I loved digimon when it was on. It was cool, until they went into the 5th season. The 4th season was okay, but my favorite was the 3rd season.

*sigh* and speaking of Pokemon, they ruined it as soon as they changed the theme song.

_________________
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!


Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Jumplion wrote:
I loved digimon when it was on. It was cool, until they went into the 5th season. The 4th season was okay, but my favorite was the 3rd season.

*sigh* and speaking of Pokemon, they ruined it as soon as they changed the theme song.


yeah that digimon hehe! i love the third season as well and i agree with you on pokemon. it was until the theme song changed. *sigh*

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I wanna be, the very best.
Like no one over was!

*DUN DUN DUN*

To catch them is my real quest.
To train them is my cauuusssseeeeee!!

10 years later, still loving it.

_________________
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.


Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 53
Location: the myriad harbor
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
i will travel across the land, searching far and wide!
keep going on to understand the power that's insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide 8D

one of the big (dumb) things i do is that when i meet a long-time online friend for the first time, we usually try to trade pokemon. two interesting trading locations are inside the "black hole" exhibit at ripley's believe it or not in NYC, and the port authority bus terminal in NYC.

_________________
Image
do you think the girls here ever wonder how they got so pretty?
well, i do.


Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:59 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow?
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Isolation wrote:
Jumplion wrote:
I loved digimon when it was on. It was cool, until they went into the 5th season. The 4th season was okay, but my favorite was the 3rd season.

*sigh* and speaking of Pokemon, they ruined it as soon as they changed the theme song.


yeah that digimon hehe! i love the third season as well and i agree with you on pokemon. it was until the theme song changed. *sigh*


It's about being the best and catchin' em' all! Not about making friends and exploring challenge!

GOD lovely day Pokemon! I miss you ;_;

_________________
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!


Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Pokémon was awesome in the first season. Variety, fun moments, neat tracks... It was unique.
However, after the massive changes (starting with the theme) it started to deteriorate, and then just suck. :\

Then, hundreds and hundreds of new pokémon appear, and the story becomes a linear hell. Too bad...

_________________
~ Paint.NET Gizmo QTTabBar ~


Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
gsoft wrote:
Pokémon was awesome in the first season. Variety, fun moments, neat tracks... It was unique.
However, after the massive changes (starting with the theme) it started to deteriorate, and then just suck. :\

Then, hundreds and hundreds of new pokémon appear, and the story becomes a linear hell. Too bad...


yeah. they change stuff to make it better when it was already great!

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
...and instead of making it better, they just slapped FAIL on it D:

Digimon's not bad either, but it's sorta dumb to compare it to PKMN, they're very different, aside from the 'funny monster partner' concept. I liked both back then... :\

_________________
~ Paint.NET Gizmo QTTabBar ~


Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:56 pm
Posts: 96
Location: ... i dont kno where...
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
mmk digimon first 2 seasons and thats it for me..... now pokemon.... yeah still watchinit and luvin it... my little bro is 4.... now for cartoons... omg i luved EE&E, angrybeavers, and the list will go on and on untill we get to the newer shows like CHOWDER OMG I LUV CHOWDER.......

then there is anime...... ive seen sooo many.... i hate typical ones.... my favs tho have got to be King of Bandit Jing, FLCL, Full Metal Panic, Divergence EVE( alto until you actually finish the series alltogether its like watching fricken lost :P which is a good show tho), Evangalion OMG.,..... not gonna get started there....

_________________
yes... ive been gone a while.... yes its cuz of LK....


Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
wow! anyone seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann before?

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:39 am
Posts: 10
Location: UK
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I have much love for Pokémon although I got very, very bored of the show after the first two seasons. This may or may not have something to do with a serious lack of love for any of the good guys.

In terms of cartoons Im seriously gonna show my age and be saddened by the lack of He-Man. In terms of anime I'm still very fond of the thriller, sci-fi and horror series that first taught me things could be animated and not for children, stuff like Cyber City Oedo, the original and better animated OVA of Guyver and Elfen Lied.


Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
i loved he-man. U: wow, how long ago -was- that one?
though i remember being genuinely upset when i first heard of she-ra.
what a weird kid i must have been
what a weird kid i still am. =w=
anyway.

i had to learn some strange dance for the pokémon theme in school once.
the whole song, too. instrumental part and everything. U:
it would have been amazing if we didn't suck at dancing.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm
Posts: 64
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
*tests the water*

The Touhou anime? Anyone?

_________________
How are all you guys doing, huh? Guys?.......guys?


Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Nuclear Fusion wrote:
*tests the water*

The Touhou anime? Anyone?

There's an anime too now?
Or do you mean those little flash things made by IOSYS, which is more a fanime. U:
but they're something animated to watch so they count, really. i was just curious if there's an official anime now or something.
aaaanyway
i haven't watched it myself, so i wouldn't know if it's good or not. U:

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:25 am
Posts: 108
Location: Newfoundland
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Ebly wrote:
i loved he-man. U: wow, how long ago -was- that one?
though i remember being genuinely upset when i first heard of she-ra.
what a weird kid i must have been
what a weird kid i still am. =w=
anyway.

i had to learn some strange dance for the pokémon theme in school once.
the whole song, too. instrumental part and everything. U:
it would have been amazing if we didn't suck at dancing.


Heman huh? Yeah I remember that. I admit I kinda liked the new one they made... more serious plot, and even if He-Man couldn't cut anyone in half with his sword the show really made it feel like he was STRONG. Whenever he jumps the ground starts to crack woot~

Regardless random info I was told a while back. She-Ra, and He-Man are technically brother, and sister in some weird way (Not sure if it was biological, or that they were basically the same person from alternate universes.. but yes). Siblings as they are, they kiss during the series, which freaked out my poor friend who told me about this. Have I destroyed your mind?

80's shows huh? Though I was more of a transformers fan. the IDW comic line of recent years rocks I might add.

Pokemon you say? I watched both digimon, and pokemon during my younger years but not religiously. That said.. digi is not a cheap rip off of Pokemon. The style, and mood was UTTERLY different. In digimon people DIED... in a way, tears for Wizmon are certainly required. It had an on-going serious plot, and focused a lot more on character development from what I saw. I won't pretend it was SUPER DARK AND GRITTY SERIOUS, as it most certainly wasn't, it was still a cartoon.. but compared to most? Compared to pokemon?

Pokemon on the other hand pretty much was just a 'new adventure every day!' and was much, much more light hearted. The characters never really changed from episode to episode...and the status quo was always maintained. It's like... comparing the modern day batman comics to the old 60's live action show (KAPOW!)... it just isn't the same.

I mean seriously, the only commonality's were the 'Mon' in the name, and that kids had monsters.


Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Brittles wrote:
Regardless random info I was told a while back. She-Ra, and He-Man are technically brother, and sister in some weird way (Not sure if it was biological, or that they were basically the same person from alternate universes.. but yes). Siblings as they are, they kiss during the series, which freaked out my poor friend who told me about this. Have I destroyed your mind?

No mind-destroying. c:
I've seen 34. So. Kissing seems a welcome relief.
And I think I'd already heard that thing on their strange way of being related.
I -think-. Either way. Prettyyyy weird.
And I still don't like She-Ra. :c

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
-_- has anyone seen My HiME by any chance?

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:25 am
Posts: 108
Location: Newfoundland
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Isolation wrote:
-_- has anyone seen My HiME by any chance?


I think I did, unless I'm thinking of another one.

Girls with bad bubblegum weapons, and kick bubblegum monsters right? A lot of fan service, bombastic fight scenes, and... weapons that were almost all out ignored at times just so the monsters could do the fighting instead (What was the freaking point of them then?!). Half the cast was also totally gay but I'm pretty sure that's part of the fan service. Horrible, HORRIBLE deux Ex machina ending though. So very, very bad it ruined almost the entire thing.

Over all.. ehn.. average anime. Wasn't in love with it, but watched it to the end for the sake of it. A few interesting characters (JUSTICE WINS!) but I had little love for the main hero of it all. Her Co-stars were honestly more interesting.

Didn't capture my interest enough to watch the second one where it was some... fantasy world where they had super suits they summoned. Friends also told me it was horrible.


Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Brittles wrote:
Isolation wrote:
-_- has anyone seen My HiME by any chance?


I think I did, unless I'm thinking of another one.

Girls with bad bubblegum weapons, and kick bubblegum monsters right? A lot of fan service, bombastic fight scenes, and... weapons that were almost all out ignored at times just so the monsters could do the fighting instead (What was the freaking point of them then?!). Half the cast was also totally gay but I'm pretty sure that's part of the fan service. Horrible, HORRIBLE deux Ex machina ending though. So very, very bad it ruined almost the entire thing.

Over all.. ehn.. average anime. Wasn't in love with it, but watched it to the end for the sake of it. A few interesting characters (JUSTICE WINS!) but I had little love for the main hero of it all. Her Co-stars were honestly more interesting.

Didn't capture my interest enough to watch the second one where it was some... fantasy world where they had super suits they summoned. Friends also told me it was horrible.


I agree with you.

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Great: Astro Boy, Freakazoid, Avatar, original UC universe Gundam shows, Grendizer, Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, Votoms, Batman TAS, Spectacular Spiderman, EXOSQUAD, Big Guy & Rusty, Animaniacs, Fist of the North Star series (not animated movie), Dexter's labratory, , Mucha Lucha, Popeye, Jackie Chan Adventures, King Of The Hill, Simpsons, Mazinger Z, Turn A Gundam, Superman TAS, Transformers, Mighty Orbots, Machine Robo, Gargoyels, Secret Of N.I.M.H, Animals Of Farthing Wood, classic Archie cartoon, classic Casper, The Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hajime No Ippo, Tekkaman, Fafner, Rahxephone, Kinnikuman, One Piece, City Hunter, Wingman, High School Kimigure, Akazukin Cha Cha, Lupin III, Gatchaman, Casshan (original 70 anime), Yattaman, Viewtiful Joe anime, Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis, Salaryman Kintaro, Samurai Pizza Cats (dub), G Gundam, Dragonarr, Macross, The Mighty Mouse show, the Mighty Heroes (underrated classic), Wall E, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Static Shock, The Raccoons, 6Teen, Daria, Tom And Jerry, Disney classics


Good: Power Puff girls, Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Batman, Krypto The Superdog, Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H (I prefer the comics though), Extreme Ghostbusters, Voltron, Thunderbirds 2086, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Kinnikuman Neisei (Ultimate Muscle), Evangelion, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, Sailor Moon, first half of DBZ, Pokemon movies, Rockman.EXE (NT Warrior), Digimon, Beavis And Butthead, Aeon Flux, The Head


Crap: Naruto, Fat Dog Mendoza, Sabrina TAS, later half of DBZ, DBGT, Pokemon series

_________________
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!


Last edited by ElementalHero on Wed May 27, 2009 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
ElementalHero wrote:
Great: Avatar, original UC universe Gundam shows, Grendizer, Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, Votoms, Batman TAS, Spectacular Spiderman, EXOSQUAD, Big Guy & Rusty, Animaniacs, Fist of the North Star series (not animated movie), Dexter's labratory, , Mucha Lucha, Popeye, Jackie Chan Adventures, King Of The Hill, Simpsons, Mazinger Z, Turn A Gundam, Superman TAS, Transformers, Mighty Orbots, Machine Robo, Gargoyels, Secret Of N.I.M.H, Animals Of Farthing Wood, classic Archie cartoon, classic Casper, The Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hajime No Ippo, Tekkaman, Fafner, Rahxephone, Kinnikuman, One Piece, City Hunter, Wingman, High School Kimigure, Akazukin Cha Cha, Lupin III, Gatchaman, Casshan (original 70 anime), Yattaman, Viewtiful Joe anime, Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis, Salaryman Kintaro, Samurai Pizza Cats (dub), G Gundam, Dragonarr, Macross, The Mighty Mouse show, the Mighty Heroes (underrated classic), Wall E, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Static Shock, The Raccoons, 6Teen, Daria


Good: Power Puff girls, Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Batman, Krypto The Superdog, Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H (I prefer the comics though), Extreme Ghostbusters, Voltron, Thunderbirds 2086, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Kinnikuman Neisei (Ultimate Muscle), Evangelion, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, Sailor Moon, first half of DBZ, Pokemon movies, Rockman.EXE (NT Warrior), Digimon, Beavis And Butthead, Aeon Flux


Crap: Naruto, Fat Dog Mendoza, Sabrina TAS, later half of DBZ, DBGT, Pokemon series

I am going to jam my fingers in my ears and hum REALLY loud whilst pretending you did NOT say Pokemon was crap.

_________________
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.


Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:10 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:47 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Oblivion wrote:
ElementalHero wrote:
Great: Avatar, original UC universe Gundam shows, Grendizer, Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, Votoms, Batman TAS, Spectacular Spiderman, EXOSQUAD, Big Guy & Rusty, Animaniacs, Fist of the North Star series (not animated movie), Dexter's labratory, , Mucha Lucha, Popeye, Jackie Chan Adventures, King Of The Hill, Simpsons, Mazinger Z, Turn A Gundam, Superman TAS, Transformers, Mighty Orbots, Machine Robo, Gargoyels, Secret Of N.I.M.H, Animals Of Farthing Wood, classic Archie cartoon, classic Casper, The Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy Rangers, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hajime No Ippo, Tekkaman, Fafner, Rahxephone, Kinnikuman, One Piece, City Hunter, Wingman, High School Kimigure, Akazukin Cha Cha, Lupin III, Gatchaman, Casshan (original 70 anime), Yattaman, Viewtiful Joe anime, Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis, Salaryman Kintaro, Samurai Pizza Cats (dub), G Gundam, Dragonarr, Macross, The Mighty Mouse show, the Mighty Heroes (underrated classic), Wall E, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Static Shock, The Raccoons, 6Teen, Daria


Good: Power Puff girls, Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Batman, Krypto The Superdog, Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H (I prefer the comics though), Extreme Ghostbusters, Voltron, Thunderbirds 2086, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Kinnikuman Neisei (Ultimate Muscle), Evangelion, Tiny Toons, Johnny Bravo, Sailor Moon, first half of DBZ, Pokemon movies, Rockman.EXE (NT Warrior), Digimon, Beavis And Butthead, Aeon Flux


Crap: Naruto, Fat Dog Mendoza, Sabrina TAS, later half of DBZ, DBGT, Pokemon series

I am going to jam my fingers in my ears and hum REALLY loud whilst pretending you did NOT say Pokemon was crap.


The first several seasons were okay but it got tiring, I know it's targeting a younger audience but I've seen animes that targets the same demographic Pokemon did and was still fun to watch. I liked the movies though as I listed on my Good list.

_________________
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!


Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 154
Location: \(●)/ NIPPON-PON!!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Loved Animes- Lucky☆Star, Currently Reading some Lulzy Touhou Comics(arghh Flandre), Jungle Guu, Melachony blah blah(Can't remember title atm).

Meh- Bleach(It had its good times), D-Gray Man(Mehish), Avatar(was Funny and I loved it, but the ending was sort of black and white, you don't even get to learn about his mother)

No- Naruto(At first when it just started I was like, cool, then now... It's just crap), And don't take this offensively but... Most Furry Animes, Not that I don't appreciate furries but a good % of the ones I've even seen are either really kiddiesh or just plain stupid, so I much or so brather gave up on all of them.

_________________
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootylicious

Bootylicious- It's in the dictionary.

Image

GOD DURNIT, STOP run a marathon ME AWF!!!


Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Alabama somewhere XD
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
I understand what ya mean about the furry animes. they should come up with some better ones once in a while. most likely NOW ^-^ i wanna se them move!

_________________
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?


Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 846
Location: My tower of hay
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
okay my list: cow-boy be-bop is freaking awesome
samurai jack was also awesome.
from what little i remember the Jackie Chan Adventures was good
I've heard from a lot of people that "robot boy" from the 80's was good.

okay here's what sucks: Naruto, and pretty much any cartoon on "Cartoon network".

(oh, and "Cartoon" is just what we call them here, Anime is just what they call it in japan)

Brittles wrote:
muffins and cookies I'm such a horrible horrible nerd...
there's no such thing!
a horrible horrible nerd.

_________________
Image

what what? Jolly good time.


Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:59 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow?
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
merkamerka wrote:
Most Furry Animes, Not that I don't appreciate furries but a good % of the ones I've even seen are either really kiddiesh or just plain stupid, so I much or so brather gave up on all of them.


I wonder what you mean by furry animes. I've never seen any O_o

_________________
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!


Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 154
Location: \(●)/ NIPPON-PON!!
Post Re: Cartoons, Anime, whatever you call em!
Jumplion wrote:
merkamerka wrote:
Most Furry Animes, Not that I don't appreciate furries but a good % of the ones I've even seen are either really kiddiesh or just plain stupid, so I much or so brather gave up on all of them.


I wonder what you mean by furry animes. I've never seen any O_o


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6krx5amo98o
Not exactly Furry, but I don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
It has it's moments but it's definately not my favorite.

And the general amount of "Cartoons" you'de consider as furry.


IE- CAVATIES ARE SRS BSNS.

_________________
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootylicious

Bootylicious- It's in the dictionary.

Image

GOD DURNIT, STOP run a marathon ME AWF!!!


Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.