Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by xhunterko »

That does put a damper on some things. But I should still be able to play him without instead.
*thinks a moment*
So, if he somehow manages to rig a remote controlled plane/helicopter to be controlled from the inside instead of being remote? *ducks*
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ceets...

You're getting overruled. Mind, you're not one over-arching GM's; that's Argent and I. You're GM of RG, and a local mod here in the forums, but you don't run the RP, mkay? Don't go making rules when you're not in charge.

Certain characters can go into neighborhoods on a case by case basis: Characters like xhunterko is proposing can go through, but they must receive approval from the neighborhood GM AND the players of the neighborhood as well. In other words, the players of the neighborhood you're joining must want your character if that character is really out of the ordinary: Take a look a Trinket for an example.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Buckdida wrote:Ceets...

You're getting overruled. Mind, you're not one over-arching GM's; that's Argent and I. You're GM of RG, and a local mod here in the forums, but you don't run the RP, mkay? Don't go making rules when you're not in charge.

Certain characters can go into neighborhoods on a case by case basis: Characters like xhunterko is proposing can go through, but they must receive approval from the neighborhood GM AND the players of the neighborhood as well. In other words, the players of the neighborhood you're joining must want your character if that character is really out of the ordinary: Take a look a Trinket for an example.
Sorry, I'll not be so controlling over the rp's from here on out.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Seems to me both of you have a point.

While it is not in any rules about limits in absurdity, there should be self-contained limits. Technology and Magic is nice and all but it does lead to the protagonist antagonist scenario, with the clause "The hero always wins". What am I saying? Even with extremely powerful magic or super advanced technology, they will be limited by the settings itself. For example, if I have a remote teleporter, I could go anywhere I want and probably be invincible to most scenarios, but for some reason I can't just tele-nap all my enemies and throw them into Antartica. So now we get to the scenario where the evil genius is smart enough to make a remote teleporter but burnt his brain too much with the teleporter that he couldn't think to just banish all that opposed him? Too much movies probably?

Suffice to say these advancements will bring in fun, but consistency-wise they're completely out of character. So yeah, I may not have the power to make rules too but I don't really need rules to know what should be and should not be done. "No teleporters, no AI's, no Jet packs, no Mechas, no Missile Silos regardless of construction, no cloaking suits." I have to agree. Not only would the research funds be astronomical, a lone researcher cannot possibly have that much resources without attracting federal inquisition on the nature of their work. (Well maybe they could in OT but. . .)

Trinket IS unusual, but the limits she has make it acceptable. Supervillain? Well, think of Blueberry from Sunset and give him a more sinister side and that should suffice for a villain that's just as fun as any villain with a raygun, if not more fun.

Also. . . Yes, that word is absurdity since it is the topic I am going with.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

ctcmjh wrote:

This was actually what I was going to talk to you about, but I guess Buckdida decided to say it after I talked to him, so we're all good. I just feel that you're main job is to keep the rating (which means you should comment on what I'm telling JoFoxx in the BsM OOC if you don't agree with me), not control the rules of the RPs. I think that should be entirely up to the people within the RPs, which means you too, but only as a single player, and not as any real authority beyond an enforcer of the rules and the GM of a single neighborhood (where you DO have a right to enforce/control rules) Does that make sense?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

This was actually what I was going to talk to you about, but I guess Buckdida decided to say it after I talked to him, so we're all good. I just feel that you're main job is to keep the rating (which means you should comment on what I'm telling JoFoxx in the BsM OOC if you don't agree with me), not control the rules of the RPs. I think that should be entirely up to the people within the RPs, which means you too, but only as a single player, and not as any real authority beyond an enforcer of the rules and the GM of a single neighborhood (where you DO have a right to enforce/control rules) Does that make sense?
Yes, it does make sense.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sorry about the double post

-type-
Main

-Name-
Raspberry “Ras” Sherbet

-Gender-
Female

-Age-
5 (17.5 Cat years)

-Species-
Cat, Shorthair Tabby

-Personality-
Ras is a fairly average cat, despite her clumsiness. She tries to be polite and nice to most people, but she’ll be quite blunt if you anger her or offend her. When she sets her mind on doing something, she puts 100% of her effort into it. But she is a bit of a klutz, and she tends to slip up and say things by accident. Because of this, she is a little hesitant to meet new people, but once she’s passed the whole introduction phase, she becomes fast friends with people. But when she does mess up, she sometimes is a little too hard on herself over her mistakes.

-Appearence-
Ras has orange fur on her back, above her eyes, her tail, and her sides. She was white fur beneath her eyes, her muzzle, her chest, belly, arms, legs and paws. She has red-purple eyes. She wears a collar the same color as her eyes, with a raspberry tag.

-Backstory-
Ras grew up in a big city near Seabreeze Harbor. She lived there her whole life, but her family visited Seabreeze Harbor before, because they loved the small-town feel of it. When her family decided to move there, she was overjoyed to hear that. The Sherbets moved into Seabreeze Harbor about two weeks from when the roleplay started. She had been too nervous to meet anyone, so her owners convinced her to try to get a job as a waitress at the local pet-friendly restaurant. She applied for the job, hoping to get it, but she wasn’t entirely certain she would get it. To her surprise, they hired her, and she just started working there.

-Strengths&weaknesses-
S- Adventurous, pretty, has plenty of spending money because of her job.
W- Very clumsy, says things without thinking first

-Other notes-
The Sherbet family consists of a husband and wife, a teenaged daughter, a younger son, and Raspberry.
She works at the local pet-friendly restaurant as a waitress.
She likes to collect random objects that she thinks are interesting.

-Picture-
None yet

-Stats-
Strength- 7 "No thanks, I think I can carry this."
Perception- 7 "Hey, do you smell something funny?"
Endurance- 7 "I think I might go for a jog, want to join me?"
Charisma- 7 "Hi! I'm Raspberry! But my friends call me Ras."
Intelligence- 8 "Books are pretty fun to read. They're especially good right before a nap."
Agility- 3 "Hey, what's goin- AH!" *trips over her own feet* "I'm okay! I think..."
Luck- 3 "Hey! what's goin- OHNOABANANAPEELOUTOFNOWHERE!" *slips and falls, "Okay, I don't think I'm okay this time..."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I can finally post him here.
Meschenitz wrote:Name: Salvatore Arctos
Species: Grizzly Bear, Male
Neighborhood: Verde Grove

Appearance:
Standing bipedally, Salvatore is 7’8” and weighs about 475 kilograms. His fur is golden brown, more brown than gold, and he wears an XXXXXL-sized suit during office hours. After hours, he usually wears nothing more than his collar as he never takes it off.

History and Personality:
Salvatore was once untrusted by the adults in Verde, and being a bear cub found by the mayor didn’t really help much aside from the kids, though he worked hard in protecting the town and being responsible that they soon grew to accept him.

People came to know Salvatore as a dedicated mayor (a good candidate in the very least) and is well known at hearing the problems of the people and finding ways to solve it. This has led him to pursue a study in vocational management and architecture. He has recently finished his studies and has now returned to Verde Grove where he applies most of this knowledge for the improvement of the city, while respecting the nature around the city and its rustic charms.

He lost his parents to poaching and he sees the town as his surrogate family, despite their history. It is unknown if his past caused him to push for the Anti-Firearms Act in Verde but it is clearly known that he is very strict in enforcing this law. With other laws however, he is quite lenient in listening to reason.

Other Notes:
- Is very calm, despite being a bear.
- Usually scours the wilderness for food early in the morning.
- Loves berries, despite being negligible to his hunger.
- Does not have a record of ever attacking humans, though he has several records of pulling people to the police station.

SPECIAL is referenced with bear stats

S - 7 "Need help with parking? :lol: "
P - 5 "Wait a moment, let me get my glasses"
E - 4 "I am getting old, but the town awaits."
C - 8 "Rawr? No no, I don't do that."
I - 9 "The only hard thing with architecture is these large stubby hands."
A - 4 "Rolling would be faster than running. . . I kid."
L - 5 "Hey, the coin's on its side."
He will be using #FF0000
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Okay, how do you guys feel about doing dream sequences? Instead of ending the day and starting a new one, have someone (picked by rules determined earlier) to start a dream sequence with little to no consequence anything goes imagination frolicks free zone. Unless, of course, the person in charge, well, yadda yadda etc etc.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

xhunterko wrote:Okay, how do you guys feel about doing dream sequences? Instead of ending the day and starting a new one, have someone (picked by rules determined earlier) to start a dream sequence with little to no consequence anything goes imagination frolicks free zone. Unless, of course, the person in charge, well, yadda yadda etc etc.
I don't understand what you mean? Could you elaborate?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*blinks*
Okay. So, do something like Grape's dream sequence with the Griffin for a whole posting's worth of day. Or it could be shorter, or longer. And each neighborhood could dictate their own house rules on how and who controls it. And then whoever gets to control it sucks everybody into their 'dream world' where they make up a scenario (or not, or however abstract they may be). Or the fourth wall may be broken or not, depending on the person's tastes, or what have you. Basically, it's a free time to have an over the top adventure. Until they all wake up.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Like having the Characters play pretend except it was all a dream so it could get way weirder. I like that idea it sounds good.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Does someone need to approve of ctmjh's new character for him to start posting in sunset? If he* does then I approve.

(*unless ctmjh's a she)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

xhunterko wrote:Does someone need to approve of ctmjh's new character for him to start posting in sunset? If he* does then I approve.

(*unless ctmjh's a she)
I'm a he. But if you want to call me a she that's fine. :P

What do you mean my new character?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*facepalms*

Ack, I read it as sunset plateua up there on Raspberry's character sheet. My bad.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Name: Milk Wheeler
Species: Dog (Indian Spitz)

Neighborhood: Richardson Valley

Appearance:
V! (Updated: 5/7/2011)

Milk Wheeler! (Old)

Personality:
Milk is a playful and flirty girl. She loves to tease people, and one of the best way is to hit on the others. Even though she is cheerful and silly, it doesn't mean she is stupid. She can be serious when necessary.

Background:
Milk and Cookie moved into Richardson Valley so that their mom, Mary Wheeler, can live closer to the college she teaches. As well as to live in a pet friendly place. Milk originally belonged to her aunt, but she had too much puppies and had to give Milk away to Mary. Milk has been living with her mom since she was one.

Notes:
- She is Cookie's older sister (not biologically)
- She lives together with Cookie and her mom
- She prefers to flirt with people who are teased easily
- She likes to say silly and outrageous things, especially to serious people
- Some of her favorite foods are pizza, marshmallow, and roasted corn on BBQ sauce
- She likes to gamble, even if she rarely wins

SPECIAL:
STR-2 ("I am not the athletic-type, you know.")
PER-8 ("Hey, big sis can tell if you are hiding something!")
END-3 ("You got to be gentle with a lady!")
CHA-8 ("Don't be shy~ I won't bite!")
INT-8 ("Sorry... You are right, this isn't time for jokes.")
AGI-9 ("You got to try harder if you want to hit me!")
LUC-4 ("Pair of aces! How's that? ... Huh? Y- You got two pairs?")

Color: #FF00FF

Edit: Added picture
Edit2: Fixed a typo
Edit3: Updated picture
Last edited by Aquablast on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Name: Cookie Wheeler
Species: Cat (Mixed breed)

Neighborhood: Richardson Valley

Appearance:
Fur: Light brown, black spots and stripes
Eyes: Very light blue
Collar: White
Tag: A cookie shaped tag

Personality:
Cookie is not very talkative, and some would say that she's anti-social. She's not, she's just really quiet. She's not comfortable in social situations and tends to gravitate towards the pets she does know, using them as a sort of buffer between herself and those she doesn't know. She comes off as rude sometimes, as she speaks her mind without censor. To those who she gets close enough to call friends, she's powerfully loyal and would do anything for them. She doesn't like physical contact, and does anything she can to avoid it (The exception is Milk's hugs. Cookie doesn't dislike them, but she doesn't like them either.).

Background: Cookie was born to Mrs. Wheeler’s neighbor’s cat. Cookie was born very soon after Milk was adopted. She grew up with Milk almost as if Milk were an older sister. Cookie didn’t want to play with her siblings as much as she wanted to play with Milk. Once Cookie was a year old, and her mom had to give them away, Mrs. Wheeler asked if she could adopt Cookie. Cookie was very happy to be living with Milk and Mrs. Wheeler, as well as being neighbors to her mom. She grew up with both her biological mom, and her adopted mom. She had always tried to be more grown up than she was, and she recently grew out of it. She used to have a boyfriend when she was four years old, but it didn’t last that long, as he liked to be all mushy and stuff, and Cookie hated that.

Notes:
- She is Milk's younger sister (not biologically)
- She lives together with Milk and her mom
- She teases everyone, but knows when to stop before she crosses the line.
- She really enjoys competition and hates to turn down a challenge.
- She enjoys being active, preferring running or hiking as opposed to organized sports.
- She doesn’t really like personal contact, and hates giving hugs. She might give one to someone she considers a good friend, on a good day if you’re lucky.
-She doesn't like to read, but she does spend a lot of time day dreaming.

SPECIAL:

STR-7 “I can take you...”
PER-6 “You smell kinda nice...”
END-8 “I can do this all day...”
CHA-3 “....”
INT-5 “I don't really know... Or care, really...”
AGI-8 “Try to keep up...”
LUC-5 “Who needs luck when you have skill?”

Color: 808040
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yay new RV characters :D Can't wait to revive this RP!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Alex wrote:Yay new RV characters :D Can't wait to revive this RP!
We can't wait to help revive this rp!
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Hi,

I'm new here. Do I need to speak to a mod before I can role play? And if not, how do I go about starting?

I see some character sheets, is there a skeleton, or do I just make one up?
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zalgo wrote:Hi,

I'm new here. Do I need to speak to a mod before I can role play? And if not, how do I go about starting?

There is a skeleton on the front page of the Main OOC. Make a character using the skeleton, and post it here asking which neighborhood you can be admitted to. You should receive a reply in a day or two. Once your character is accepted into a neighborhood, you are free to post in that neighborhood.

Just remember to follow all the rules, and we'll be golden.

P.S. I like the username.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

ctcmjh wrote:

There is a skeleton on the front page of the Main OOC. Make a character using the skeleton, and post it here asking which neighborhood you can be admitted to. You should receive a reply in a day or two. Once your character is accepted into a neighborhood, you are free to post in that neighborhood.

Oh, alright. I don't have much to do in my life anyways, so I can wait a few days. Thanks for letting me know. I'm not really use to seeing an active moderator... it's kind of exciting.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zalgo wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

Oh, alright. I don't have much to do in my life anyways, so I can wait a few days. Thanks for letting me know. I'm not really use to seeing an active moderator... it's kind of exciting.
Yeah, the mods here are more active than mods on most other boards. I'm especially active in the roleplaying section, as I have at least one character in every roleplay.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Wow, you must be busy then.
Alright, I'll edit this post when I'm done making my character.

Here it is:

-Name-
Black "D" Mylos (My-low-ss)

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Husky

-Age-
15 Dog years or 4.28 Human years

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
This is Black.

-Personality-
Black is usually quiet, and gets embarrassed if someone has managed to make him ramble. He'll keep his answers short. He tries not to make eye contact, unless he's in a bad mood which he then uses it to try and scare people off. He likes to be alone, but doesn't mind being around large groups either, though hardly anyone would notice his presence as he would stick to a corner, or just not talk all together. He's very mysterious in the sense then he won't say much about himself, and will often be caught daydreaming, or staring at the ground or sky. Somehow, people just feel comfortable around him despite his bad attitude and quiet personality. He's a listener, and if he notices something is troubling someone, he'll ask if they'd like to get it off their shoulders; always willing to be a living journal for people. He's extremely strong willed, and it takes a lot to get any kind of information out of him if he's not willing to say.

-Other Notes-
He was adopted from a pound by three children Cindy, Carlos, and Ryan. The children inherited a large sum of money, and decided to move as they now lived alone. Their parents had died, but had taught their children how to follow a demi-god known as Zalgo. The kids in turn passed the teachings of Zalgo onto Black, who more or less took it seriously. Even though the children are young, they are always seen as very responsible, and act much like adults. Though, they are still children so their limited in what they can do. Black doesn't stay at his home much, and he always smells like smoke from burned wood. He likes to make fires in the woods, small ones, barely the size of a base ball just burning twigs and leaves. The smell calms him down when he's been irritated by something. He keeps matches in his sweater pocket, as well as a phone for emergencies.

He has a little notebook which he will often be scribbling something in, though no one really ever knows what. He's good with electronics, puzzles, and over all problem solving. He could take one look at a Rubik cube and solve it with one hand looking the other way. He's often seen with one, just twiddling it in one hand as he walks. It constantly going from solved, to mixed up again.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 2 "I don't have time for this kind of work..."

Perception- 8 "Is something wrong?"

Endurance- 8 "I can take a lot in, so go ahead... talk to me..."

Charisma- 8 "I don't ask for friends, but I have lots of them.."

Intelligence- 10 "I have nothing to say, that you'll understand."

Agility- 3 "I'll get there on my own time."

Luck- 3 "Could happen to anyone... really..."
Last edited by Zalgo on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zalgo wrote:Wow, you must be busy then.
Alright, I'll edit this post when I'm done making my character.
Yeah, it can get a little busy sometimes. I await your character with anticipation!
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

There, it's been posted.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey Zalgo, you should try BsM with that character. Go look at the first post of our OOC.
xhunterko wrote:Okay, how do you guys feel about doing dream sequences? Instead of ending the day and starting a new one, have someone (picked by rules determined earlier) to start a dream sequence with little to no consequence anything goes imagination frolicks free zone. Unless, of course, the person in charge, well, yadda yadda etc etc.
I proposed this in BsM once, but we still need to try something like that...

Edit: also, realize that ctc, though he's being extra-helpful, is just the local mod. If you want to join a neighborhood, you need to talk to the GMs. (I'm the GM of BsM, so if you wanna join there, I've already said to go ahead and try.)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hey Zalgo, you should try BsM with that character. Go look at the first post of our OOC.
I proposed this in BsM once, but we still need to try something like that...

Edit: also, realize that ctc, though he's being extra-helpful, is just the local mod. If you want to join a neighborhood, you need to talk to the GMs. (I'm the GM of BsM, so if you wanna join there, I've already said to go ahead and try.)
Yes, a neighborhood GM has to accept the character into the neighborhood. That's what I meant when I said,
ctcmjh wrote: You should receive a reply in a day or two. Once your character is accepted into a neighborhood, you are free to post in that neighborhood.
If I was going to tell him or imply that I could accept his character, then I would have said that.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Ah, i could see Black in that kind of area. It suits him, that's for sure. Especially with is like for fire. He wouldn't do well in a large city. He's a moody enough with fire to calm him, I'd hate to see him in a stone jungle.

Well, I'm definitely interested in that neighborhood. Is there a spot open for Black? I read there was slots...
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Go link your character sheet in the BsM OOC.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Name: Pierre Tempo

Species: Cat

Neighborhood: VerdeGrove

-Appearance-
Has short, dark grayish fur, except for on his face, paws, and belly which are white. His eyes are brown. He wears a blue collar with a tag shaped like a stone arrowhead. The usual expression on his face is one of a cocked eyebrow, suggesting a demeanor of curiosity.

-Personality-
VERY "in your face". He is the sort who always wants attention--unless his curiosity has gotten the better of him, in which case NOTHING will stand between him and finding out what he's curious about. He is very bold and adventurous, and doesn't seem aware that there are such things as rules--he isn't a proper rebel because a rebel is aware that there ARE rules and conventions but disregards them on purpose. Not so with Pierre--if he knows rules and conventions exist, he's too good at pretending he doesn't. He talks loudly and will often greet you with a head-butt. He is very touchy-feely, and if he likes you he will often become fiercely territorial, as though you belong to him. He tries to get his sister to play with him but they don't like the same kinds of games, and he often sees her as a stick in the mud. He does care about her very much, though, and will protect her fiercely if he thinks anyone is threatening her.

-Other Notes-
He doesn't really remember this, but when his sister was born she was very sickly and weak, and vets didn't give her very long to live. This is largely why Pierre is so protective of her, but this is also why he is constantly seeking attention--because all the attention was focused on his sister when they were younger. In addition, there wasn't much for him to do and so he would often go off by himself, sometimes doing dangerous things--which certainly got the attention of the Tempos. He has tried catnip in the past but stopped because he didn't like the after effects. The Tempos know this and are only glad he stopped on his own because they couldn't have gotten him to stop if they'd tried, and they did try. He's not very good at making friends because too often he'll scare others away--but he also gets very clingy if he DOES find a friend, not wanting to lose such. Despite his exterior he is very insecure.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 6

Perception- 4

Endurance- 9

Charisma- 4

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 9

Luck- 5

Name: Ethyl Tempo

Species: Cat

Neighborhood: VerdeGrove

-Appearance-
Looks similar to her brother at first glance, but side by side they look very different. Her fur, though the same color, is lighter than Pierre's except that she has stripes. She wears a pink collar with a crown-shaped tag. Her eyes are blue and her usual expression is wide eyes, suggesting trepidation. She is also shorter and scrawnier than her brother and looks almost as though she were made of Jell-O.

-Personality-
Her looks notwithstanding, she could not be more different from her brother. She is very timid by nature, and tends to keep to herself. She is also very annoyed by her brother's attempts to get her to play with him--he is too rough for her, and she ends up yelling at him a lot. This is not her usual nature, however, and she doesn't like that about herself. She doesn't dislike other pets, but gets overwhelmed easily by "type A" personalities like her brother. However, he is very protective of her and she does appreciate this about him. She is more sensible than her brother but while she cares about him she is too intimidated by him to have any real success in keeping him out of trouble.

-Other Notes-
Her shyness notwithstanding, Ethyl has less concern with making friends than her brother does. Not that she dislikes others, or dislikes being social--it just isn't on her radar screen to make friends. Her owners worry about her because of this, but she is scarcely aware of that, and wouldn't really understand even if she was aware. She spends most of her time working on projects by herself, as it makes her feel good to accomplish something without help. Her favorite possession is her video camera, and she is almost never without it--she prefers to observe things objectively rather than participate in them. Her greatest fear is getting out of control, which she usually sees when her brother pushes her too far.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4

Perception- 9

Endurance- 5

Charisma- 5

Intelligence- 8

Agility- 6

Luck- 5

PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Here's a new character. If Black doesn't make it anywhere, hopefully Gray will. And yes, I realize my character names are colors.

PS. found out whats up with Mareks. He's suffering withdrawal from a medication he takes for insomnia. He ran out the other day, and it's causing heck on his system. So until he can get his prescription refilled, then get a good nights sleep, he's down for the count.

-Name-
Gray Savage

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Husky Shepperd Mix

-Age-
21 Pet years, 6 Human

-Neighborhood-
Anywhere will do once again. I'm not picky.

-Appearance-
Gray Pet Friendly Style!

Gray The Original Style. ((Yes, I know his ears are different here. It's how they were ORIGINALLY. They were changed for PF))

-Personality-
Gray is a strong leader, who knows what to do in an emergency situation. He doesn't' draw attention to himself, but will make his presence known if it seems like no ones noticed him. He's calm, but can get easily excited sometimes if the conversation goes to a topic he's fond of. He's laid back, and can easily go from a leading position to a laid back follower; go-with the flow, type of thinking. He's precise in anything he does, making sure he knows how to do it properly before he tries. He'll also think out his sentences before he says them, liking to make sure he doesn't offend anyone if the topic is sensitive. He doesn't like fighting, and will often place himself between two arguing parties to act a medium.

-Other Notes-
He has a fondness for beanies, having a different one for everyday of the week ranging in a variety of colors. He even has one for parties, which has small streamers on it. His collar is black, with a silver tag that looks like a sled. He was the head of a dog sled team in Alaska before his family moved. They've never made it in first place, but have had 3rd a couple times, and even got 2nd once or twice. He also keeps a small survival guide on him, claiming it's for those "Never saw this coming" moments.

-SPECIAL-
S: 7 "Gotta pull some weight around here!"
P: 5 "Ah, I understand."
E: 8 "Hm, two hours isn't a long enough run... think I'll head out again."
C: 8 "Hey everyone! How's it going?"
I: 5 "I like a book every now and then."
A: 4 "I'm more a straight line kind of guy..."
L: 5 "Hm.. maybe next time."
Last edited by Zalgo on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zalgo wrote:If Black doesn't make it anywhere
I already told you: Black will almost certainly be accepted. This isn't necesary, and you don't want to join OT: it has a slower posting rate. Just be patient.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Mina Reed, my character for Verde Grove

-Name- Mina Reed

-Species- Red Fox

-Age- 4 (14 in animal years)

-Neighborhood- VerdeGrove

-Appearance- Mina has very soft fur, that is long for a fox. She has the normal fox markings of red on the back, upper legs and arms, head, and tail black on her legs and arms, and white on her belly, chest, muzzle, and tail tip. She has her fur dyed so that where the colors meet, they look like they're swirling around. She wears various colored ribbons on the back of her neck and on her tail. She is an absolutely gorgeous fox, having won awards and some pet beauty pageants.

-Personality-
Mina is very optimistic and loves to look at herself in the mirror. Some would call it narcissism, but she thinks of it as just taking care of herself. She has a positive outlook on life, especially because most things go her way. She is slightly spoiled, but her owner tries to help her be more charitable and giving. Mina really enjoys how she can use her good looks to get most things she wants. She knows how almost all humans thinks she's cute, and how a lot of guy-pets think she's beautiful, so she loves to take advantage of that. Hidden under her perfectionist, and better-than-you attitude, is a very strong care for those in need. Despite her neat-freak tendencies, she has a very strong interest in ferals.

-Other Notes-
Mina is a neatfreak, and hates to get so much as a speck of dirt on her fur.
Mina enjoys giving other girls makeovers.
Her family is very well off, but they're humble about it and donate money often.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4
Perception- 5
Endurance- 4
Charisma- 10
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 5
Luck- 8
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Name: Rev Su Fla
"Please don't call me reverend, sir, or ma'am. Or whichever you prefer."

Species: Siamese
"No, I'm not evil. That Disney movie ruined it for our kind. Uh, you like movies?"

"All right, I guess once more go at the arcades wouldn't hurt. Anybody want to dance?"

Accessories/Appearance: His coat is a fine splash of orange and yellow, and white. His face color is mostly orange. His tail color is mostly white with yellow splotches. There is a brown tip at the end of his tail. He is often not seen without a pair of circular, silver lined sun glasses on his eyes or head. He often likes to wear a belt with a real, metal, practice fencing sword attached to it. Though no one has seen him use it, they often get the impression that they'd rather not. His collar is green, with a pair of tiny fuzzy dice dangling from it. He also wears a fedora.

Personality: Although he is rather shy, he does want to make some new friends, but doesn't like a big crowd. He is also a rather generous, wealthy individual. He own's a chain of nerd centered stores called La' Fare. He also has a system for helping out needy individuals known as the post-it. He is often mis-judged by his wealth and has been trying to over come that by dressing plainly.

The post-it system: Works like so, go in his store, pull a book from the shelf. Then sit in a chair and read it for a while. Then scribble a request on a post it note and stick it in the shelf where you got the book from. During closing, Rev, or a clerk, will go through the store cleaning. If a note or notes are seen, they are collected and given to Rev. If Rev can't decide on a specific case, he'll roll a pair of dice to decide. He then tosses the rest of the notes, and waits for the next days requests. Persistance and need is more likely to get picked.

SPECIAL
Strength - 4
"I can't lift the really heavy books, so I lay them on a table like so, see?"
Perception - 5
"Okay, what's going on again? You put what in the where now?"
Endurance - 4
"It takes me literally all day to go through my shop. It's how far again?"
Charsima - 6
"Oh, h-hello it's nice to see someone new. Though I am really busy and I don't have much time for you."
Intelligence - 10
"You've got to know a lot to run a good business."
Agility - 4
*thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-creeeeeek* "Clean up on aisle 5! I knocked the shelves over again!"
Luck - 9
"Sweet! We made double our projection for the day again! Yes! Yes! *does happy dance*"

Text color: #BF0000

Store: The store is the size of an average mall partition. It is a 5 story building with the fifth floor being used as a studio apartment by the Fla family. It is a fairly new store and just had it's grand opening a week ago. The stores departments are divided as such.
1st floor: Books/Coffee shop.
2nd floor: Music/Movies
3rd floor: Comics/Manga/Figurines/Collectibles
4th floor: Video games
5th floor: Family apartment

Residence: Other then the studio apartment, the Flas currently have no other home. However, they are building a rather upscale log cabin out in the woods into which they will move in once it is finished.

I might just post every once in a while. And often enough if Rev is in something and to keep things moving. If that's all right.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Name: Leon Isador
Species: Cat: Chartreux: Male

Appearance:
He has very very very dark brown fur which looks black with no sun on it, He has a dark Purple beret on most the time and has a backpack on most the time. he wears a very messy open top t-shirt and on his collar he has a tag of a paintbrush.

History and Personality:
Leon was raised well by his owner since they both moved here from the Alps, he can speak English well even though his owner can't speak it as well as him. He took an interest into art and sculpturing after a Museum trip with his owner and since then he has been training his painting skills, all of his best work is dotted around his house but because he does work with paint he wears a rather messy shirt to keep the paint off which spares time to do what he wants instead of spending that time washing the paint off his fur. He carry's around an Easel, Paint and Chalk in his backpack.

He is very easy to talk to but he can sometimes but not much be annoying but he is a very good friend to those he befriends and even those who he makes enemies out of, he is the type of person to wave away an insult like it never happened. He isn't looking for anybody since he has somebody back in France that he is writing to (much cheaper i think) to. He hopes to one day start to publish his art work but he doesn't want to become famous since he thinks that being famous will just bring on haters and fan clubs. He isn't really scared of anything that is an object and proven, like everybody he has a fear of the supernatural but it is stronger than most people's fear.

Other Notes:
-he has multiple paint brush tags of different colours depending on his emotions in the morning.
-he is teaching his owner English bit by bit starting long before the move (so his owner can still be part of the community) but as of now they communicate in French
-he is living in the normal pay of a Verde house + the essentials (food, water, paints and that .ect .ect.)

SPECIAL

S - 5
P - 8
E - 6
C - 7
I - 6
A - 6
L - 5

Using Colour #4080BF

> Do note that money in Verde is more of a medium for trading everyday items, and bartering is not uncommon in Verde. Services are rare and there are no malls and while there is a bank, it's not as flourishing as the banks we have here. Money will not help you a lot with problem solving in Verde, though it does fill your stomach and keep a roof above your head.
i should say he's not in it for the money but more for knowing that his artwork is hanging up somewhere being admired.

Name: Ying Blanc
"yes i know, German breed, French last name"
Character Type: Main
Species: Dog/German Spitz
Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Ying is an average German Spitz but he has a black spot around his left eye and a black right ear. he wears a Black collar with a Yin Yang Symbol as the tag.

Personality: He is very factual mostly about random facts that nobody will care about knowing. He also like the supernatural and will do anything to capture something on camera. he is very caring about people and will go with any advice given be it wrong but he knows if something is dangerous or not and if it is dangerous he has common sense to not do it.

Other Notes: He is gay but already has somebody in a long distance relationship.
he likes anything foreign from movies to music to food, pretty much everything.

Background: He has just moved country but not from anywhere that doesn't speak English. he had a brother called Yang (makes sense) but he doesn't like to talk about him much for unknown reasons to everybody he knows. anything else will come as I rp since i'm better thinking it as i go :lol:.

SPECIAL:
Strength - 4 "I think i could lift this out the way....-series of loud clicks- yeh bad idea ow"
Perception - 8 "hello what's this, looks like an Orb in camera 4, closer inspection it is just dust in the lense"
Endurance - 6 "Hour 43 of the UFO steakout, still nothing, continuing for another 24 hours"
Charisma - 7 "YES I GOT ANOTHER CASE TO INVESTIGATE, anybody want to join?"
Intelligence - 7 "i bet i can name all types of ufo, infact i shall, Cigar Shape, Saucer, Triangular craft or light pattern......."
Agility - 4 "wait up -pant, pant- wait please -pant, pant, wheeze- going to collapse -pant, pant-"
Luck – 6 "this house seems a bit rickety -squeaky and a loud bang- did the floorboard i just stood on collapse after i got off it?"

For a color I pick This one color=#9AAA00
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Jack

Post by Jack »

my god, where do you people come up with all these names for all these neighborhoods?
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Hey guys, I'm just posting to let you all know that I have serious intent to reboot OT, but this time as a proper neighbourhood instead of a tower block. The neighbourhood will be a bit more upmarket than most. This means that, while the pets and families aren't necessarily hyper-wealthy, the houses are all nicer than normal at the very least, and most families are more well-off than average. If people are interested in this new neighbourhood, then I'll start it up.

Oh, and we're keeping the name OT, but I'm calling this one Opal Town (it was Tig's idea)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Um... Why would you want to call it OT then? I mean, it's in no way a reboot, it's a brand new neighborhood... Why not think of a new acronym instead? Or better yet, why not just go with one of the existing neighborhoods, which could use more players, rather than starting a completely new one?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Wasn't it buck who said a little bit ago that there were to be no new neighborhoods until all current ones were filled?

I know someone said that...
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson