Pet Friendly: Character Shipping.

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Pet Friendly: Character Shipping.

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mareks wrote:SO shipping is the pairing of characters? First time I've heard this.
Yep. It's short for 'relationshipping', or pairing people (or animals, in this case) up.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

and sometimes even objects. (lol jk just wanted an excuse to link that)
bwah bwah
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Mareks wrote:SO shipping is the pairing of characters? First time I've heard this.
When has it been anything else? And how have you not picked this up from other parts of the HP forum?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

For the record... I ship Shamrock & Destiny :D Sunset Plateau
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
The Game

Post by The Game »

*sneaks in*
So do I!
*sneaks back out*

EDIT: 'and' not 'x'
Last edited by The Game on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Challenger01 wrote:Shamrock X Destiny
You're not supposed to use X or / for pairings. It gives the impression of an adult relationship.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

JOFOXX wrote:
You're not supposed to use X or / for pairings. It gives the impression of an adult relationship.
Only because it's what it's most known for. If you have a mind like mine, there is no definitive definition for anything! :3 It's all perspective, and always is. As long as you see it as something adult, it will be.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Mareks wrote:
JOFOXX wrote:
Only because it's what it's most known for. If you have a mind like mine, there is no definitive definition for anything! :3 It's all perspective, and always is. As long as you see it as something adult, it will be.
it is not a "Percieved" thing, Rick says it's not aloud and it' not. weather you see it as that or not.
Rick Griffin wrote:No more slash pairings. No [name]x[name] or [name]/[name] as the shorthand is often construed as having adult connotations. This may result in a warning. This mostly applies to just the x and / form but also any sort of pairing that emphasizes adult relations falls under the above rule. Otherwise discussing relationships is fine.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Well yeah, I understand that. It's a rule, sure... but anywhere else and it is a perceived thing. Be a little more open minded, go against the grain. Think about things a little different is all I'm saying, my god. Don't have to mini mod slap me.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Mareks wrote:Well yeah, I understand that. It's a rule, sure... but anywhere else and it is a perceived thing. Be a little more open minded, go against the grain. Think about things a little different is all I'm saying, my god. Don't have to mini mod slap me.
Well then, how about I local-mod slap you?
Just kidding, but they are right. It is in the rules. NameXName and Name/Name imply adult relations. Rick has been very clear about this, and he doesn't want that implication. It doesn't matter if one person here thinks that X and / are innocent. a majority of people here think it means adult relations, so that is what it is understood as.

I've edited all of your posts to be more PG-13.

This rule is very cut and dry. No more debating this topic.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I was going to bring that up, but I didn't want to mini-mod.
I'm sorry!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Game wrote:I was going to bring that up, but I didn't want to mini-mod.
I'm sorry!
Thanks for reminding me of this, The Game.

Next times something like this comes up, just PM me or a Global mod about it instead of mini-modding. We don't really like it when you guys mini-mod.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

ctcmjh wrote:
Mareks wrote:Well yeah, I understand that. It's a rule, sure... but anywhere else and it is a perceived thing. Be a little more open minded, go against the grain. Think about things a little different is all I'm saying, my god. Don't have to mini mod slap me.
Well then, how about I local-mod slap you?
Just kidding, but they are right. It is in the rules. NameXName and Name/Name imply adult relations. Rick has been very clear about this, and he doesn't want that implication. It doesn't matter if one person here thinks that X and / are innocent. a majority of people here think it means adult relations, so that is what it is understood as.

I've edited all of your posts to be more PG-13.

This rule is very cut and dry. No more debating this topic.
I've never noticed a change in my posts. And I thought they were pretty PG-13. Do the rules of whats classified as PG differ in other countries?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Mareks wrote:I've never noticed a change in my posts. And I thought they were pretty PG-13. Do the rules of whats classified as PG differ in other countries?
Your post was not one of the ones I changed.

In two other posts, I changed a certain word starting with the letter S to the word, "adult."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

ctcmjh wrote:
Mareks wrote:I've never noticed a change in my posts. And I thought they were pretty PG-13. Do the rules of whats classified as PG differ in other countries?
Your post was not one of the ones I changed.

In two other posts, I changed a certain word starting with the letter S to the word, "adult."
Oh. You missed one. It's in quotations. *Points up*
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I ship Vallerie Nightengale and Everyone else.

YOU CANNOT PROVE ME WRONG.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

OH CRAP I'M SORRY.... I didn't see that..... I feel soooo embarrassed, I'll change it within about three seconds of posting this alright? Please don't hurt me....

Edit... ummm okay I seriously owe a HUGE thanks to whoever changed it.... I feel so stupid for not seeing that post.... ugh I can be so dumb sometimes.... Again, whoever changed it THANK YOU!!!
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I ship Vallerie Nightengale and Everyone else.

YOU CANNOT PROVE ME WRONG.
OBJECTION! Vallerie Nightengale is a fanfic character-
*Desk-banging close-up* AND THIS IS "PET FRIENDLY" SHIPPING!

Nah, I kid. Anyway, to keep this on topic, might as well list my characters.

Rain is still on her first day of the neighborhood, an hasn't seen her house yet. She hasn't really had a chance to form opinions on anyone.
Paige, while usually Anti-social, is currently feeling the effects of what some call a "Broken Heart." The problem is, he doesn't exactly know what love is, so he thinks he's developing some medical condition. )':
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Latest Shipping Update from Seabreeze Harbor

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 09#p167609
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hmm...update time?

Wonder is blissfully in love with Jack; dating.
Winter is finally getting over a broken heart.
When's Saga coming back?
Destiny is blissfully in love with Shamrock; dating.
Addison has a superficial crush on Parker.
Celeste is blissfully in love with studying. And possibly... Adel no just studying.
Last edited by The Game on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker is officially with Summer now.
Kaylee and Dale are together.
Adel just lost his first girlfriend and is still perturbed by it, but is struggling with his sort of feelings for Celeste.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Mareks has a crush on Sasha, but is trying to ignore it since he finds it's unusual to have a crush on a pet that's not even his own species.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max has a crush on Vanilla, but has convinced himself it's just friendship. He still feels guilty about breaking Winter's heart.
Liz is absolutely crazy about Jackson, but she can't shake her crush of Sly.
Morrigan is in love with Zappa.
Duke doesn't have any interest in any relationship.
Winch has a big crush on Rain.
Ginger is interested in dating, but she hasn't developed a crush yet. She does think all the guys in the neighborhood are cute, though.
Bianca is in a happy relationship with Jack.
Erin is in a long-distance relationship with Terry. (JOFOXX never told me what we're going to do about them before he left, so I'm sort of taking control of it.)
Ellen just moved in.
Yukiko has a crush on Bullet, and is starting to have a crush on Crayon.
Eris has feelings for Blue Berry, but they're very complicated. She's afraid of letting others too close to her, so she acts like they're just friends, and her pranks tend to be more frequent with Blue Berry. She won't admit her feelings for him, and might even be sabotaging any future relationship with him with her berating and teasing.
Nemo loves Wendy to pieces.
Ahab loves the Autumn that he thought he knew.
Raspberry really really likes Alex, but it's too soon to use the word, "love" yet.

LOOK AT THE RAINBOW OF SHIPPING
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Wait, Yukiko has a crush on Bullet? I haven't even posted for him for months! :lol: But interesting, what made Yukiko suddenly less oblivious?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid thinks that Ellen is attractive, but he seems to think that about alot of girls.
Meanwhile, in RV, he also will probably think that Milk and/or Cookie are attractive, but he's kinda wacky like that...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ctcmjh wrote:Max has a crush on Vanilla, but has convinced himself it's just friendship. He still feels guilty about breaking Winter's heart.
Liz is absolutely crazy about Jackson, but she can't shake her crush of Sly.
Morrigan is in love with Zappa.
Duke doesn't have any interest in any relationship.
Winch has a big crush on Rain.
Ginger is interested in dating, but she hasn't developed a crush yet. She does think all the guys in the neighborhood are cute, though.
Bianca is in a happy relationship with Jack.
Erin is in a long-distance relationship with Terry. (JOFOXX never told me what we're going to do about them before he left, so I'm sort of taking control of it.)
Ellen just moved in.
Yukiko has a crush on Bullet, and is starting to have a crush on Crayon.
Eris has feelings for Blue Berry, but they're very complicated. She's afraid of letting others too close to her, so she acts like they're just friends, and her pranks tend to be more frequent with Blue Berry. She won't admit her feelings for him, and might even be sabotaging any future relationship with him with her berating and teasing.
Nemo loves Wendy to pieces.
Ahab loves the Autumn that he thought he knew.
Raspberry really really likes Alex, but it's too soon to use the word, "love" yet.

LOOK AT THE RAINBOW OF SHIPPING
Totally forgot Cookie!
Cookie has barely spent any time with her new neighbors, so she's hardly befriended them yet. She's a bit more reserved, so even after making friends, she's not likely to let anyone close to her soon. Maybe in the future.
Aquablast wrote:Wait, Yukiko has a crush on Bullet? I haven't even posted for him for months! :lol: But interesting, what made Yukiko suddenly less oblivious?
:lol: Yuki's still pretty oblivious. She has a crush, but doesn't realize it yet XD
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Awwww no Milk n' Rav?

Milk n' Rav... my that sounds dirty, when said quickly..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant and Darien are a couple. Valiant has still some minor and major issues with his past and relies on Darien to be his strength.
Rikki got a possible crush for Will, but let's say that, as of now, she's more in seek of a peer to start a friendship.
Janus and Jasper are a couple, although there is the problem of Janus' split personality. It looks like even 'dark' Janus has a crush on Jasper, and the the poor guy doesn't know how to manage that, since it appears that something in 'dark' Janus is attractive to him.
Jin and Locke are a couple. Locke is very devoted to Jin, who instead hides his feelings behind a mask of nonchalance.
Apollo has started a relationship with Aethon, but the big dog is used to be a 'flavor of the month' kind of guy. He likes to show off rather than engaging in something serious, but for now his attention is all for the fox.
Ulysses may be developing an attraction for Roxanne.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Keeshah wrote:Awwww no Milk n' Rav?
Just between you and me, Milk doesn't plan to have any serious relationship... Yet! She prefers to fool around and flirt with everyone, and she is still in the "judging phase" to see who is okay to flirt with, fun to flirt with, or fun to tease without actually being seriously irritated.

That is also why she didn't have any boyfriends before she moved, despite that the more... Reserved Cookie already had a boyfriend!

She can already tell that Rav is a master flirter though!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

She should flirt with Sid. >:|